Complaint against Make MY Trip

t.mittalt.mittal Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Tour and Travels
I'm one of your disappointed customer who has been wronged and cheated by your company. The representatives and agents of your company show such unprofessional behavior that they are going to take your company downer. The person who contacted us for our trip was Mr. Sahil Kumar Ashoo, his email - sahil.kumar@makemytrip.com and contact number - 8882752908 .

Our booking id is IN1204B10836

My parents had planned a trip from 1st May 2010 to 3rd May 2012 in Pachmadhi, Bhopal. The whole package's cost was Rs.12,500 which included picking and dropping from Bhopal of 2 adults, 3 star hotel stay in AC rooms, all meals, sight seeing and roaming in cab and proper living conditions. First of all he did not even give the voucher till 30th April (Journey started from 1st May) , then booked Hotel Kachnar initially which is a good hotel and asked for charges as per its cost, and at the last moment he backed off saying that it is full, and he'll provide us with a similar type facilities hotel, which upon arrival turned out to be a very substandard hotel. No AC rooms were given even when it was mentioned clearly in the voucher. Then the Cab person totally backed out and said he hasn't been informed for sight seeing, so we had to pay for another cab (Rs. 1500) and completed the tour anyhow. Mr. Sahil throughout our problems behaved very badly. He switched off the phone on asking about AC rooms and cab. Then later said money will be refunded which hasn't been done until now. We also have the voucher for it.
Its not just about money, 2 senior people who planned the trip for relaxing purpose were totally distraught during their stay over there. They were humiliated and looked down upon as if they were asking for things they didn't pay for. The facilities that Mr. Sahil promised were nowhere to be seen, and upon asking later the curt reply that comes out from his mouth is that "I'm not going to go and check each and every hotel available!!"
Kindly refund the money for the cab that we had to pay, and an apology would be nice too.

Tanu Mittal

Comments

• TripHelpTripHelp Senior Member
    Dear Ms. Mittal,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance. This is not in accordance to our service standards nor do we expect any such practices.

With reference to your complaint, please note that we are looking into the matter and our representative will be in touch with you shortly regarding the same.

Team - Make My Trip Care
  • milindtshahmilindtshah Junior Member
    edited June 2012

This has reference to my Booking ID – IN1203B14306 dated 24/03/2012 for Amazing Ladakh tour from Delhi on 01/06/2012.
    The booking was made vide your Call centre Executive name Dhiraj Vanwani.

It is with immense pain and Dis satisfaction that I am writing this mail. I need to bring to your light certain unpleasant situations that turned up during the course of my Booking and Travel.

Events with Booking team -

– The booking was made on 24/3/2012. After making the booking and paying the booking amount I wanted certain supplementary package to be added to my package. I tried to contact the executive constantly for 5 days but no revert received from any executive. Reason received – Desired executive was on exam leave. It was only after escalating the issue (As per below mentioned mail) I could contact the executive and proceed further.

– At the time of Booking I was promised cash back of Rs. 6000 (Rs. 1000 per passenger to be precise). While making payment I kept on inquiring about the cash back Status, the executive kept on stating that it will soon be credited as it takes 19 working days. Once the said period lapsed, one of your executive states that it has not been credited because the Promo code entered by me was incorrect. When I confirmed the code with the one received by me from your executive, he immediately changed his version and stated that your terms of agreement with HDFC bank have been changed and hence cash back was not processed. I still wonder if agreement with HDFC was terminated why was Cach back on payment made with HSBC card also not credited.

– I had booked an additional package of Pangong lake stay which was priced at 15500. I wanted to make payment for the same on earliest basis, however the same was not updated on the portal. It was only when I pro-actively asked your accounts team to updated and add that amount to the Outstanding, were changes made and I could pay that amount. Otherwise the executives were busy making reminder calls for an lesser amount.

– Once I made the complete payment and turned the O/s to NIL. I started receiving calls for some 3000 odd amount. When I asked for explanations for the amount, it was stated that it was an error from MMYT side to update the portal and I still owe that amount – (The balance though showed NIL). Not to mention the language was highly unacceptable. It was only when I asked for clarifications about the amount, the executive tried to oblige me by stating we are compensating it against the Cash back amount. And only after doing so my O/s shall be NIL. I just wonder how can any organization be so rude and arrogant towards its own mistake. Moreover when I check the link now, it shows me O/s of 72000 which is more than ridiculous. I really wonder how your accounts team is operating.

– At the time of Booking I was also promised discount vouchers of various brands per person. When I inquired about the same at the time of departure, the executive stated that even this scheme had been discontinued and asked me not to be dis appointed as the vouchers were not too lucrative. I have two concerns, if it were not too lucrative why were they offered and considered as marketing tool and secondly if at all they were promised and offered how come they were not provided to me.

– My departure date from Delhi was Early morning of 1st June and that from Ahmedabad to Delhi (Personal arrangement) was on 30th noon. I had stated it well in advance to the executive and asked him to provide the flight tickets and hotel vouchers well in advance. Every time he had stated that I would receive it 2 days in advance. Unfortunately I was still chasing for my details on 30th morning, with my train scheduled in noon. What more was the details of flight tickets that were provided were incomplete & incorrect. One of the passenger travelling on trip was named as Mr. Your executive had wrongly booked him as Ms. I had highlighted the same immediately to the executive. He stated the it was mere a small mistake at his end while mailing the details to me and assured me that rest was all correct. But he was thoroughly incorrect as the Boarding passes issued in his name still state M and not Mr. Moreover it was a great trouble convincing the airport authorities at Leh airport as the return tickets handed over to me from Leh had the same error.

– As mentioned above the tickets from Delhi to Leh provided to me were incomplete. The said tickets neither had PNR number nor the Flight no. It only stated flight date from Delhi IGI T3. When I confirmed the details with your executive he had confirmed that it was all I need to enter the terminal. This was again incorrect. When I tried to enter the terminal at Delhi airport, I was not allowed to enter as the tickets neither had PNR no. nor Flight no. (Interestingly the tickets contained flight no. for the return flight scheduled on 8th June from Leh to Delhi but not for departure tickets). Only after struggling with the airport authorities for over an hour they allowed me (only one passenger) to enter along with one airport authority and took me to an Make my Trip counter at the airport. The executive at the counter did not have access to complete details and hence got it touch with my booking executive (not to mention after numerous phone calls as it was already midnight, your Gurgaon office, his superiors in all more than 5 different people from different offices and eventually got two different PNR no’s from two different sources. All this struggle lasted for nearly 4 hours. Finally he advised me to keep both copies and use the one which the airline confirms. Finally I could enter the airport at 3.00 A.M. I would hereby like to mention that the executive at the MMYT counter at airport was highly supportive and co-operative. Something I experienced for the first time with MMYT.

Events with MMYT representatives at Leh -

– My hotel voucher (received on 30th June) stated that our stay shall be in Hotel Himalayan Heritage. On reaching Leh airport the Cab driver somehow took us to an completely different hotel – Namely Hotel Ga-Ladan. On reaching the hotel we realized that the hotel had no details of my arrival and hence they had no room ready for me. It was only when some representative from MMYT turned up and settled the matter which took them nearly two hours and they could provide me rooms only by noon. This again comes after a torturous session at delhi airport which deprived us of any sleep. I wonder how you guys would be providing 100% cach back on hotels as claimed by some of your recent commercials when you cannot even provide the hotel promised.

– Our travel to Numbra valley and Pangong lake required permit and hotel details. Neither the drivers nor any tourists were provided with any of the above details till last minute of departure. We had to search for MMYT representative nearly every day to get details of permit and hotel. Not to mention one time we had to personally visit the office of your representative to get hotel vouchers. Which I felt was really ridiculous.

– None of your representatives intimated us that they had an arrangement with the Leh authorities where we were not suppose to buy entry tickets at various sight seeing points. We visited all places and bought tickets for our group at all places. It was only at the last place where one group had an MMTY representative travelling with them (I still don’t know how they had an representative with them travelling all the way when we could not even find one to settle our disputes, forget about daily travel) asked us not to buy tickets and just state MMYT at the counter. On asking the clarification for the same from your representative he just said he was sorry for it. I still wonder whether any one in your accounts office knows it because situations like this can easily be manipulated and converted into frauds where in both the customer as well as MMYT pays.

I have been forced to bring all the above points to your notice because it has been highly disappointing to experience such situations. Considering the nature of business I understand that there can be one or two instances where customer can be disappointed, however the above mentioned situations just state the level of carelessness and miscommunication with which the business is operating. I would really want you to go through complete details of each situation mentioned in this mail and provide me an point to point justification for the treatment I received. This was my first travel with MMYT and somehow I am keen on sharing my experience with all of my friends and relatives. If this is the way tours are operated and clients are dealt with, Sorry but we are not here to be Ill-treated specially after paying handsomely through our hard earned money.

I think your tag line “Memories Unlimited” has just been interpreted wrongly by your representatives.

Milind Shah
    90999 80441
  • in-nandin-nand Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    I am fedup with MakeMy Trip customer service chat, they cannot understand customer situation no apology. they will reply in one word like yes or no.
    I have to change my travel date since my passport got stuck in Canadian embassy. I have already changed the dates twice, every time they say there are no seats.
    When i check online, tickets are available, whenever i say this to them, immediately those are for new customers. Why the existing customers are not considered??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/. They have to reply as per the customers situation.
  • t.mittalt.mittal Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank You for the prompt reply and action.

Tanu Mittal
    Dear Mr/ Soumitra,

Please be advised we have been subjected to a LOT OF Harassment by your company having taken

Your company undertook the Europe Tour Planning for our family as per Schedule provided for Paris and Switzerland trip and provided us with confirm bookings for euro Star train tickets, hotel bookings.

We were given to understand we shall be provided with required tickets for sight seeing at hotels on arrival. Complete payment for this Trip was made 100% in Advance through bank transfers.

However to our surprise, shock and Dismay we were advised at London that our Euro Star Tickets were cancelled and we were asked to arrange for our own tickets. It was only after heated exchange of telecoms (Telephone bills shall be provided to justify same) and exchange of e-mail we were (ONLY AFTER WAITING FOR HOURS AT RAILWAY STATION WITH FAMILY AND KIDS) provided with revised euro star tickets.

Hotel bookings at Paris were changed and there was no arrangement for Pick Up and Drop to Railway Stations as per earlier commitment. Same was highlighted and complained by self in e-mail of 14th April 2012.

We lost 1st Day at Paris Tour schedule which had been missed due to your Rescheduling of our Eurostar Tickets on 13th April 2012.
    We had paid for Eiffel Tower visit + Cruise + Illuminations By Motor Coach (CIT) however same was also not arranged by your company and we had to pay for same AGAIN OUR SELF AND WERE LEFT WITH LESS TIME TOO DUE TO DELAYS CAUSED AS YOU CHEATED ON US BY CANCELLING OUR CONFIRMED BOOKINGS.

Self was assured that the Paris trip arrangements could not be made by your company and rest shall be arranged as promised however even Switzerland arrangements were not made. There was no pickup from station, we had to call your office repeatedly for sightseeing tickets for Switzerland and wait for India office to send same thereby WASTING HALF OF OUR DAY TRIP. There was no drop off arrangement to station either.

As per your below appended mail of 14th April 2012 and telecon with me on 14th April the cost of Disney Land Trip was 450 Euro (ONLY CONVEYANCE) This does not include Tickets for Disney Land which were 45 Euro per head (225 Euro for 5 persons).

OUT OF HAND EXPENCES MADE BY US EVEN AFTER HAVING PAID IN ADVANCE: -

Taxi to and from Paris City Tour - 60 Euro
    Taxi From Railway Station To Hotel- Interlaken - 18 Euro
    Taxi From Hotel To Railway Station - Interlaken - 18 Euro

TOTAL - 941 Euro

COMPENSATION RECEIVED 24000 Rs = 347.83 Euro (Exchange Rate at Which we were Invoiced)

Balance Due for our out of hand expenses = 593.17 Euro= 593.17 x 69 = 40928.73 Rs

OVER AND ABOVE ABOVE MENTIONED BREAKDOWN OF EXPENSES PAID FOR BY US EVEN THOUGH SAME WERE ACCOUNTED FOR AND CHARGED TO US UPFRONT IN ADVANCE WE HEREBY LODGE A PROTEST AGAINST YOUR COMPANY FOR BREACH OF TRUST AND NOT ABIDING BY AND MEETING THE OFFER COMMITTED AND CHARGED FOR / NON PERFORMANCE OF COMMITMENT AS INDICATED AND CHARGED / FRAUDULENT ACT OF DECEIVING THE CUSTOMER BY CANCELLING CONFIRM BOOKINGS AND THEREBY STANDING FAMILY WITH KIDS ON A VACATION WITH LIMITED RESOURCES.

WE HAVE REPEATEDLY RAISED OUR CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS TO YOUR GOOD OFFICE THROUGH E-MAILS, PHONE CALLS AND TEXT MESSAGES WHILE WE WERE ON THIS TRIP AND HAVE ALSO BEEN FOLLOWING UP SAME THROUGH ALL SIMILAR MEANS AFTER RETURNING FROM THIS TRIP.

WE HAVE BEEN CHEATED AND DEPRIVED OF PEACEFUL HOLIDAYS AND FEEL ENTIRE TIME AND MONEY WE SPEND ON THIS TRIP HAS BEEN A WASTE. AS WE WERE LEFT DISTRESSED AT EVERY STAGE AND HAD TO MAKE OUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS, MAKE REPEATED PHONE CALLS, SEND E-MAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES TO GET ARRANGEMENTS DONE / GET CONFIRMATION OF SAME ETC.

WE HAD APPROACHED YOUR COMPANY SO AS TO HAVE A PLANNED TOUR SO AS TO HAVE A PEACE FULL HOLIDAY WITH ALL ARRANGEMENTS IN PLACE AS PER PLANNED TOUR SCHEDULE OFFERED AND AGREED WITH AND CONFIRMED BY YOUR COMPANY.
    HOWEVER WE WERE LEFT ABROAD WITH NO ARRANGEMENTS IN PLACE, ALL PREVIOUSLY CONFIRMED ARRANGEMENTS CANCELLED, WITH ENTIRELY UN PLANNED DELAYED ARRANGEMENTS LEAVING US IN A STATE OF DISTRESS AT ALL TIMES.

WE HOLD YOUR COMPANY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND CLAIM FOR A REFUND OF ALL EXPENSES INCURRED AND LOSSES INCURRED BY US ON THIS TRIP DUE TO HARASSMENT BESTOWED ON OUR FAMILY BY YOUR LACK OF PERFORMANCE AND NOT ABIDING BY THE OFFERED AND CHARGED FOR SERVICES.

WE HOLD YOUR COMPANY LIABLE FOR 24% RATE OF INTEREST ON DELAY IN PAYMENT AND LIABLE FOR ALL OTHER EXPENSES INVOLVED IN WE GETTING OUR CLAIM SETTLED WHICH INCLUDE INVOLVED LEGAL FEES, LOSS OF OUR WORK HOURS, CONVEYANCE TRAVEL COST ETC.

Capt Sukhjit Singh Atwal: ssa@ssa-shipmanagement.com
  • edited June 2012
    This is the worst online business experience that I had so far…
    On May11 I made a booking for 2 double bed rooms in IVAC Mysore. Once I made the online payment
    I got a message with the below screen shot.

I called the MMT support .They told me that he will check with the hotel and come back to me.
    All this while he was assuring me that my money is safe in fact claiming that the money is still with the bank and not charged by MMT as the money is debited only when the reservation is confirmed.
    Then he told me that the only one Room is available and the second room will be a luxury room which will cost 5000 Rs more.
    So I chose to cancel the reservation and he told me that I will get my money credited to my account as it is not yet transferred to MMT.
    I waited for some days and seeing that my money is not credited I called MMT again.This time they told me that they will process my cancellation and I will get my money back and they will send me a Refund Reference Number..(Note: they have been lying that the money is still with my bank when in fact MMT has already debited the amount)

Now comes the real twist ...You can see that MMT has credited back only half the amount 1462.

Despite calling them several times they say that MMT has already refunded the money to the bank and i need to check with the bank .The bank folks just say that whatever refund that I got is what MMT has paid back.
    MMT (Make My Trip) is a very unethical, scruple less company with their worst customer service.
    In fact I feel lucky to have learnt a lesson at a cheaper cost considering that I have not lost a lot, but imagine you have booked a vacation or an international flight schedule running into lakhs….you will have hmmmmmmmm “Unlimited Memories”…

My reservation id NH26130191​1104
    Umakanth
    MAKE MY TRIP TEAM,

I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I COULD BE WRITING SUCH A MAIL ABOUT ONE THE SO WELL KNOWN TRAVEL SITES. BUT LET ME ASSURE YOU WITH THE KIND OF SERVICE / EXPERIENCE I GOT FROM YOUR EXECUTIVES I AM BOUND TO DO SO.

I ALMOST FELT AT A POINT THAT I HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY SOME FAKE WEBSITE OR PERSON (YOUR EXECUTIVE) INTO SOME KIND OF FRAUD UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THE SIMILAR EXPERIENCES SHARED BY OTHER PEOPLE.

IN MY CASE IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A SIMPLE REFUND FOR A TRIP WHICH I PLANNED FOR MY PARENTS BUT DUE TO SOME REASON HAD TO BE CANCELLED. I MADE MY CANCELLATION WITH YOUR EXECUTIVE BEFORE THE 7 DAY DEADLINE. AS PER THE POLICY I SHOULD HAVE HAD RECEIVED THE 70% OF THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY ME. BUT AFTER REPEATED FOLLOW UPS, IMMENSE PATIENCE SHOWED BY ME (I WAITED ALMOST A MONTH AND A HALF WITH FULL CO-OPERATION FROM MY SIDE) I RECEIVED ONLY PARTIAL AMOUNT AND THEN AGAIN HAD TO GO ABOUT FOR THE REPEATED MAILS WHICH ARE NEVER REPLIED, CALLS WHICH ARE NEVER ANSWERED, FEEDBACKS' WHICH ARE NEVER REVERTED ETC.

I HAVE RAISED A REQUEST IN FEEDBACK FORM Reference ID : #120608-024763. PLEASE ATLEAST THIS TIME RESPOND. I AM NO MORE EXOECTING MY REFUND AFTER SUCH POOR RESPONSE RECEIVED IN PAST BUT AT LEAST A MERE RESPONSE FROM YOU MIGHT MAKE ME HELP CALMING MY FRUSTRATION LEVELS.
    MY REFERENCE ID FOR REFUND IS ALSO HERE WHICH WAS SHARED BY ONE OF YOUR EXECUTIVES.
    Reference ID: [120513-010031] refund

RRAWAT987@GMAIL.COM (PH. NO. 8861107957)
  • edited June 2012
    thanks guy i was planning to take package for me and my wife but not now . i will search for other agents.
    maninderrawat@yahoo.com . please let me know if you know any good service provide from delhi to kerla
  • manishdmanishd Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    I booked a return ticket from mumbai to banglore on 4th of august from mumbai to banglore on MAKEMYTRIP.I had booked return ticket for 20.20hrs but received an email with tickets of 12.25am.I contacted the customer care but no result . Worst service experience .A day before the flight an agent contaced but was of no help .I even sent them a screenshot of the web page as discussed with their senior agent contaced.contacedBut no help, i missed my flight as i had no option .WORST SERVICE
  • edited August 2012
    Sir i booked two refundable tkts on 30 may ref id no IN1205B22978 n paid rs 46072/- . after makjing the payment when i ask for tkt the company executive gave me none refundable tkts which cost was 43924/- company executive never told me about the change of travel class and furthet he cheat about fare. As i confirm that i hv been cheated i send the mail for cancelation n ferund. The passangers didnt travel on these tkts.
    you r requested to do the needfull regarding refund the amount asap.
  • edited September 2012
    Do not book any travel from make my trip as they are fraud and cheaters.....
  • achie7478achie7478 Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    DO not go for make my trip . I have not received my ten thousand rupees refund till now. It has been more than a month.
  • JENITJENIT Junior Member
    edited October 2012

My name is Jenit Abraham Jose from Kerala, now working in Abu dhabi. Am registering this complaint coz of the service which i got from MAKE MY TRIP team. I dont hav words to expalain that how worst service i faced from the team. I booked a flight ticket from Abu dhabi to Cochin in Sri Lankan Airways on December 3rd and the return on February 6th. But due to some personal reason i decide to cancel the ticket. The real face of MAKE MY TRIP team i saw there, and the real SERVICE
    starts there. 1st day i called there Toll free no and talked to one executive name SHIROMANI SHARMA, i asked for cancellation; she said i need a local account here in UAE then only they will refund it. I told her that i dont have an account here, and asked is it possible to send to my friends account, after holding the call for 10 minutes she said ok.,and wait for 24 to 48 hours for a mail from there end. i waited for 2 days and contact them again, a guy name ROHIT SHARMA took the call and after repeating the same thing which i talked with SHIROMANI before, he said he will send me a mail and me just fill the banking details and send it back. that time he said its ok to send to my friends account, i did like what he said, then i again waited for 2 days, again i called there and one lady name ASHA took the call, she said my transaction is processed and she gave me the transaction ref no of my refunded amount (2246875797). i again waited for 1 day, yestaerday i got a mail from RENU NEGI a team member of MAKE MY TRIP in the mail they said, my refunded amount is ready to recieve from SNTTA TOURS AND TRAVELS DUBAI. i got confused that time, i called there again the lady named SHIROMANI tooked the call again she said that its ready to recieve from SNTTA DUBAI, after that i called the Dubai office, they said that they didnt got any confirmation from MAKE MY TRIP, again icalled the team and they said to wait for 24 to 48 hours. each time when we r calling they they putting hold for 5 minutes to 15 minutes, and today 12.10.2012 friday i called the MAKE MY TRIP a guy who dont know how to clear a customer query name Mr: AKASH took the phone, he said if i gave my address to them they will sned a cheque to me, and for cash the cheque i have to open an account here. Dear Readers, i have a dount that, if my cash is not ready then y they said like my transaction is processed and my cash is ready in Dubai office?? each time wen am calling, they are telling about new rules.
    anyone please help to solve this problem..
    my booking id with those frauds : AN25088288​6798

Total price paid for the purchase of tickets: 1267AED Total cancellation penalty: 150AED

Refund amount : 1116AED

anyone kindly solve this..

thanks and regards
    Jenit Abraham Jose jenitjt2009@gmail.com
    I had made hotel booking in Trivandrum 15.11.2012 for the date 19.11.12 to 21.11.2012 (2 Nights) through make my trip- MakeMyTrip Booking ID - NH210292279483. It was written on the confirmation voucher that my booking is confirmed & I need not to contact hotel or makemytrip for reconfirmation. When I reached the hotel, they denied me the entry & told me that they have communicated to make my trip through e-mail on 15th Nov-12 itself that there is no such vacancy on the booked dates. After reaching at the hotel, I was denied entry & was standing in the midnight on the road & calling helplessly to makemytrip for the alternative arrangement of hotel. After three hours of struggle & pain, I was finally told that make my trip has booked a room for me at hotel White Dammer. I took a taxi & I checked in the newly arranged hotel at 4.30 AM in the morning & a voucher was sent to the hotel & me.

The day was full of inconvenience to me as whole night was washed out by the reluctant & reckless attitude of makemytrip service staff. I missed one important meeting with the customer on the following day & complete purpose of the travel to city was wiped out. This proved a major financial loss to me. Again my miseries were prolonged by makemytrip. I thought that I will sleep second night peacefully but at 12.00 clock midnight I got a call from hotel that make my trip has not paid to & I need to contact them for payment, otherwise I will have to pay again to hotel from my pocket. I called make my trip & two hours were wasted in the communication in night with makemytrip service staff. This night was also a pain to me because of make my trip. In the night makemytrip service staff promised that they will make the payment to Hotel early in the morning & I need not to pay. But when I went at reception for checkout, hotel informed that they have not received any payment & make my trip has stopped responding to their correspondence. It was a real humiliation that I was kept waiting for the payment delivery from you. Make my trip mailed hotel not to take payment from me on the promise that they will make payment after 10 AM. The hotel kept my luggage as security against payment default from make my trip & allowed me to go on business call. Again all these things delayed me & I missed another appointment with customer on next day also. When I came back in the afternoon to collect my luggage, I was shocked to know that still make my trip has not paid to the Hotel. I was forced to pay again
    hi there...
    all i wanted was to cancel my flight tickets.. went online to customer support and tried about "15" times and it wont let me cancel my tickets online coz of some technical problem.. then i got on the phone and was on hold for 30 MINUTES (and i am calling from the United Kingdom- dont even wanna think of my phone bill) and this was the first time.. and it got cut off and then called again and was on hold for 20 minutes... got transfered and got cut off... then finally called the new booking section and got answered in 5 mins... it did eventually happen but i had to be on the phone for further 15 minutes,.. now thats total of 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES on the phone to you from abroad... expensive phone call to cancel tickets which can be done online if u sort out your technical problems... its not fair that existing bookings have to hold for such a long time but new bookings get answered in no time...!!!!! now i have to pay a BIG phone bill for this reason and for what!!!? paying you guys a fine to cancel my booking!!! whats your excuse?:
    and when i try to lodge a complain on your website on the complaint section it wont let me... it says unable to lodge complaint..
    i just hope the refund comes through!!!
    Booking Id -NF2523621308410, complaint no ID is 121222-041555.

For no mistake on my part after the payment is being made your reply says ( Dear Makemytrip Customer,

Your payment has been processed. However, the system was unable to confirm a part of your booking/passenger.This is a rare occurrence and can happen when there is a sudden drop in seat availability on your chosen flight.

Our customer care executive will call you within 6 hours on the phone number provided by you at the time of booking to assist and guide you further on this. Fare difference, if any, will have to be borne by you.

Please refer to the FAQ section below to get more clarify on the subject.

We regret any inconvenience caused.

Team MakeMyTrip.com

Payment Details

Total Fare Rs. 14,672

Total Amount Charged (rounded) Rs. 14,672
    Payment recieved via card number XXXX XXXX XXXX 3462

Total Refund Amount Rs. 14,672 . To ascertain and confirm the same kept on trying your phone nos given in all over the website and no human voice could be heard for 5 hours to confirm the status,(Once held the phone on the ears for 47 minutes) this is height of testing some ones patience. leave alone the mental agony of if the ticket is issued or, cancelled, since u r IVRS says there are no cancellations done in this ID No. Such a big international player company why not have some human interaction with passengers/customers who are regular with you. Why should we suffer for your system failure or what so ever reason, and now neither we get confirmation, not able to book another ticket without knowing the fate of this. Why not we raise this complaint to the appropriate applet e authority and take action?
    pl inform immediately the course of action.
  • edited January 2013
    I was try to booked bus ticket from pune to surat through makemytrip on dated -31/12/12 for 02/01/13,but not success-ed & deducted 1100/-(one thousand one hundred only) from my account & one message came from make my trip "Due to a momentary technical error, your booking could not be made successfully. We apologize for the inconvenience caused in this regard.
    Please note that we will automatically refund an amount of Rs 1,100 to your card/account on account of this failed booking. The same will reflect in your card statement/bank account within 2 working days."

But still not refunded amount in my account & i discussed so many times with customer care but still not solved my problem,yesterday one customer care guy MR.Manoj has told me to send your HDFC statement which is shown to us deduction amount then we will take further action.
    So we sent the statement & also sent the message which was received during not the booked ticket from Makemytrip.& I am still following with Makemytrip representative last one week but still I can't get my money back.

So please look in to this matter & solve the problem.

Regds,
    Riyaz Mulla
  • edited January 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • edited January 2013
    I'll put the story in short. I made a booking on 24th with makemytrip while I was on a call with one of their executives. Booking went successfully and the sales guy told me that he will mail me the confirmation voucher and call back in 15 mins.
    After his comment I waited for 20 mins but no mail/call. I called their support and asked for this guy who helped me named sunil and they told me that he has left for the day and he is the only person who can help you and none of us can help.

I got a email in the next 5mins with a note that "Kindly note, your booking is ON REQUEST and is subject to confirmation. Our customer service representative will get in touch with you within 1 business day with details."

This is horrifying, I called them 10 more times and spoke to the sales and support but no 1 wanted to take this up and neither escalated to their seniors. They told me that they will mail the concern sales guy and cc his supervisor. I was frustrated by the night and called them again asking them to cancel and refund me the money but again they denied saying that this issue is escalated now and cannot be cancelled. They asked me to wait till morning next day and told me that they will get in touch with me. Again, no response, I called them thrice in the morning, they put me on hold for 1 hour 30 mins during 2 calls. At the end at 11:30 they denied the booking when I was outside the hotel.

I couldn't find any hotel nearby and I had to return the same day.

conclusion: worst customer experience I've ever had. Support cannot speak english. No apology or a single email from their end.

My booking id : IN1301B18462

I have filed a complaint as well on their website complaint form REF ID [Reference:130124-040838], No response till date
  • vermakshayvermakshay Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    Very poor services experienced by Makemytrip.com. I have booked my trip to Thailand (Booking ID - NN230253120423) via HDFC credit card and applied the deal code HDFCIFL as per which I shopuld be awarded with 25% cash back on my account. Now when I am complaining to the Makemytrip.com they are saying that Deal code wasn't applied at all. Whereas I have been shown succesfull message also at the time of booking that deal code is applied. So I would request all to not to use such a poor and Dishonest sites. Really worst experience.
  • edited February 2013

I booked a ticket of booking ID-NU27010932353455 from HYD to Pune for 1 st Feb 2013 scheduled departure time is 9.45PM and i booked one more ticket of Booking ID-NU27011932362019 to come from Pune to Hyderabad after completing my interview at Pune for 2 nd Feb 2013 schedule departure time is 10.30PM.

I boarded on the bus from Pune to Hyd and slept in the bus at night 10 o clock and wake up at 7.00 am on 2 nd Feb on hearing Alarm ring.I thought that i reached Pune but that bus was at out skirts of Hyderabad and the driver told me that i all passengers are went.It was really shocking and immediately i told what had happend to Makemytrip Customer care and told clearly about the ticket i booked from Pune to Hyderabad also.

Customer care people clearly told as these incident happend i will be refunded with fully amount for the two tickets from Hyderabad to Pune and Pune to Hyderabad.And i received a call from operator and he asked whether board the Bus or not i told him the entire incident happend and he told me that i am going to get full refund for the ticket i booked from Pune to Hyderabad as he is giving that ticket to other passenger from his End.

Till now i did not get any refund for this ticket and when i called to Make my trip customer care they are lying me that they need to have revert from other departments.

It is clearly a big cheating by Make my trip and operator Neeta travel services So please clear this issue
  • edited March 2013

I am having a frustrating time with MakeMyTrip. My complaint reference is IN1302B14644.

I had tried booking my trip on MakeMyTrip on 14th Feb 2013 using my credit card for an amount of Rs. 24656. I got a message that the payment had not been approved. When I tried the second time I got the same message back. I thought that there was a problem with the credit card I was using and used my bank account to complete the booking. I thought all was fine until I logged onto my credit card account. I realised that the credit limit to the tune of Rs. 49,312 (i.e. Rs 24656 two times because of two attempts I had made) had been blocked by my bank. When I called the bank I was told that they had approved the payment to MakeMyTrip but the merchant (read MakeMyTrip) had not claimed it. But unless the transaction was rejected by MakeMyTrip the bank would not release the blocked credit limit. I called MakeMyTrip who acknowledged that there was a technical glitch at that time and promised to rectify it within 3 working days. Since nothing happened I called MakeMytrip after 3 working days again to repeat the same story. They promised once again that the resolution would happen in the following 3 working days. But nothing happened.

Meanwhile I wrote to the bank and got a mail from them acknowledging that this transaction had indeed happened and forwarded the same to MakeMyTrip. Even after 15 days there is no resolution in sight and I have no hopes that MakeMyTrip is even trying to resolve the issue.

I have explained umpteen number of times to everybody I have spoken to at MakeMyTrip that I am not asking for a refund but a simple mail from them stating that the transaction will not be settled. This will enable me to get my bank unblock the credit limit. But nobody seems to care.

I had used MakeMyTrip earlier and I had a good impression until this incident. One thing that is apparent after my experience with this web-site and after going through other complaints here is, for MakeMyTrip customer service comes last. Even when the complaint is escalated nobody bothers to contact. Instead an automated email is sent giving the reference Id and after that nothing happens. If everything goes smoothly then one is lucky. If something goes wrong with the service then the company will not take responsibility.

I have decided once for all that I will not use this company after such a pathetic experience. Fortunately as per the laws governing credit card trasactions if the merchant does not settle the transaction within a certain period then the blocked credit limit on the card will be released. So I have decided to wait until then as it is of no use wasting my time chasing their cusomer service who really are not interested in doing anything.

Hope this review helps somebody who is looking for feedback on MakeMyTrip.

NS
    Dear Sir/ Madam,
    "I am Bhoop Sheoran from India now working in Saudi Arabia. I booked my ticket from make my trip the booking Id number is:-NN261173025594.Due to some problem my ticket cancelled by my request. May you Trace Out the problem booking Date: Wed, 26 Dec '12, 14:20 hrs and ticket cancellation Sun, 13 Jan' 2013. Expected Refund Date is Fri, 18 Jan' 2013.Frequently I receive mail from make my trip persons (Mr. Rahul Kaura & Mr.Satish Kumar;MakeMyTrip.com 243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar PhaseI Gurgaon-122016 (Haryana) )every mail written request for 72 hrs. I want to know when make my trip 72 hrs complete?"
    Now I am in Saudi Arab and my number is +966-515018862
    And my India number is +91-9050707090
    Mail Id:- er.bhoopsheoran@gmail.com
    Waiting for your response on mail.
    Bhoop Sheoran
    Dear Sir/ Madam,
    "I am Bhoop Sheoran from India now working in Saudi Arabia. I booked my ticket from make my trip the booking Id number is:-NN261173025594.Due to some problem my ticket cancelled by my request. May you Trace Out the problem booking Date: Wed, 26 Dec '12, 14:20 hrs and cticket cancellation Sun, 13 Jan' 2013. Expected Refund Date is Fri, 18 Jan' 2013.Frequently I receive mail from make my trip persons (Rahul Kaura,Satish Kumar
    MakeMyTrip.com
    243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar Phase I
    Gurgaon -122016 (Haryana) )every mail written request for 72 hrs. I want to know when make my trip 72 hrs complete?"
    Now I am in Saudi Arab and my number is +966-515018862
    And my India number is +91-9050707090
    Mail Id:- er.bhoopsheoran@gmail.com
    Waiting for your mail
    Bhoop Sheoran
  • edited March 2013
    I made the ticket booking for my customers for this sunday 17th and later I requested for date for 1 of the person. I paid the total amount for tickets and date changes.
    The problem is they made changes for the wrong person and they haven't confirmed the tickets yet.
    I am keep on calling to the customer service and they are not responding.
    babburi80@yahoo.com
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Sir,

My humble request you to refend the money at the earliest, I booked 2 tickets to from hyderabad to varanasi through your website, AIR-INDIA flight, for my father and uncle, i need to cancel my tickets because air-india allotted two different flights. Cancellation status got it confirmed from you and airi-india aswell. You request me to submit cancellation document, i went to air-india office by paying parcking charges of Rs. 100/- and got the cancellation information and sent details by mail. Your people confirmed that they have received the required document. Since then your people are cheating me saying with in one day i will get my refund. I have cancelled my tickets on 26th of Feburauary, it is a more than a month they kept me waiting. Please suggest what i need to do.

Exepecting reply from you.
  • arun23_82arun23_82 Junior Member
    edited April 2013

I made a reservation on makemytrip.com for 4 passengers and entered a deal code "FLYFREE" to get a cash back of Rs1000.00 per person. I spoke to their executives a couple of times after making the booking and they confirmed that I will definitely get the cash back after 14 days from the date of completion of my travel. I fulfill all the requirements and to confirm the same I called them immediately after making the booking in order to ensure the cash back whether I am eligible for it or not. They confirmed that I was eligible. So, it means that the offer was valid at the time of booking. I completed my travel on 24th January 2013 and it's been 3 months since then but i haven't got the cash back.

I fulfill all the requirements to claim the cashback but they say now that the offer wasn't valid at the time I made the booking which is a false statement. It was valid then also and If you check on their website, this offer is still valid. I have also kept a copy of the screenshot of the offer when I booked my holiday and have emailed the same to the supervisor Jitender Negi as per my conversation with him and he promised a refund but I still haven't got it. I called again and spoke to the supervisor Juhi and she also promised the refund to me in 48 hrs but still have got no response. One week has passed already and no one has tried to contact me nor I have got the cash back. I feel cheated and conned at the moment. I have called customer care more than 10 times but have not got a positive response. They have failed to keep their promises at every stage. So, Please look in to this matter and help me.

Arun Kumar
  • arun23_82arun23_82 Junior Member
    edited April 2013

Arun Kumar
    I had made a booking for 2 persons under your MALAYSIA SUPER SAVER KOLKATA SPECIAL, Departure Date: 22nd May 2013 Ex Kolkata, My Booking ID is IN1304B19951

This booking was done on 22nd April 2013 by Mr. Maninder Bindra (9811552411) (Maninder.Bindra@makemytrip.com) and advance payments of Rs. 20,000.00 [10,000.00 per person] was made vide cheque no: 000052 dated 22nd April 2013 on Kotak Mahindra Bank payable to Make My Trip India Pvt Ltd which was duly cleared from my Bank on 24th April 2013

Yesterday (08th May 2013) i receive an e-mail from Kamiya Kumar (9818448247) (Kamiya.Kumar@makemytrip.com) stating that this booking is cancelled without mentioning any Valid Reason.

Such a poor response from such a reputed organisation like Make My Trip inst appreciated.

I need to go to Kuala Lampur on 22nd May 2013 since my friends from other countries are also visiting Kuala Lampur from 22nd May 2013 to 26th May 2013, and they have also made their booking based on my Arrival & Departure from Kuala Lampur.

Kindly make necessary arrangements to prevent this booking from cancelling or else I will be forced to take the legal help.

Pankaj Singhi
    +91 9836620463
    Dear Sir / Madam,

This is with reference to my Booking ID: NP2806132116350 for my booking for Goa with Makemytrip.com (MMT), I am reproducing few issues to your notice as under: -

1. I had made this booking for INR 58,529/-, whereas the same flights and same hotel booking with Yatra.com was costing me INR 55,552/- at the same time. However, being a loyal customer of MMT, I preferred MakemyTrip over Yatra, expecting that you will consider and give me credit of the difference of INR 3,000/- approximately between MMT's value and Yatra.com value for the exactly same flights and hotel. Secondly, the same hotel is providing many inclusions (freebies) for the similar time stay with Yatra.com, whereas the same is completely missing in MMT's package. The inclusions / freebies being offered by Yatra and not offered by MMT are as under: -

“One child up to 12 years complimentary sharing parent's room without extra bed, Late check-out till 1600hrs, Book for minimum 02 nights and get 01 dinner complimentary, Breakfast, Airport transfer for 2 nights stay only, Complimentary Tea / Coffee Maker in the room with daily replenishment”
    2. To rhe response from MMT that the rates of fights and hotels are dynamic, I protested and received a call from its Executive, who asked me to share the screen shots of booking confirmation with YATRA and if Yatra's price is found lesser than MMT, then he will process the refund of difference amount and also offer the same Hotel Inclusions, which Yatra is offering. After I sent the screen shots of similar booking with Yatra, I started receiving a standard reply that the rates are dynamic in nature and hence I cannot get the refund.

3. Then I called its call center to know the status and your executive checked the same package price with Yatra and told me that Yatra's price is costing approximately 900/- more than MMT and therefore refund cannot be processed. He said that surely he shall get me the hotel inclusions at par with Yatra. He thereafter also sent me the screen shots of his selection for my reference. To my surprise, when I checked those screen shots, I found that wrong selection of return flight and Hotel room type was made. I am not sure if it was intentional or not, but when I checked again, the difference between MMT and Yatra had widened instead.

4. Then I sent the screen shots of MMT and Yatra booking with correct selection and started calling MMT helpline regularly for 3 - 4 hours, presuming that since I have now proved my point, not only will my refund be processed but also the same hotel inclusions as Yatra will be offered. This time the statement of its executive changed that since it has fixed contracted rates with the Hotel, I cannot be offered the hotel inclusions at par with Yatra. Also I was now being told bluntly that I cannot be offered any refund either. Upon my asking the reason, I was told that MMT does not owe any explanation to me on this and I am free to lodge a complaint in this portal if so desire.

My question is that in all these 7 - 8 days of my follow-up, why I was given different reasons for not agreeing to my request?
    MMT's first executive told me to share the screen shot of Yatra and MMT and if difference exists, I will get refund as well as inclusions.
    Then I was countered by its second executive, that Yatra is 900/- costlier than MMT (by making wrong selections, deliberately probably), however I will get the hotel inclusions at par with Yatra.
    When I managed to send the correct screen shots of Yatra and MMT, I was countered by its third executive that since it has fixed contracted rates with the Hotel, I cannot be offered the hotel inclusions at par with Yatra. Also this time I was told bluntly that I cannot be offered any refund either. Upon my asking the reason, I was told that MMT does not owe any explanation to me on this and I am free to lodge a complaint in this portal if so desire.

All above experience of mine with MMT has left me frustrated. I could feel a lack of customer-centric approach in its employees. A professional organization should value its customer more than money or profits. Even after my telling that this is my fifth booking with MMT, but I am facing this problem for the first time and losing me will be losing a loyal customer for you, MMT's executives were note deterred.

I hope for a positive response and action from Step 4 (last level) of your complaint escalation.

I will await your confirmation.

Thanks in anticipation.