Complaint Against HP Laptop and HP service Center

edited September 2014 in Computer
Dear All,

I am Sabita and I ordered a HP-Pavillion DV2701Tx. Having used HP workstations and other equipment back while I was in college, I knew that this company was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise

But here I sit, typing this letter to you, as I have had to send my HP Laptop in for repair (or replacement) for a fifth time. As it stands, I estimate that I’ve hadn't used this laptop continuously for at least a month from the day I purchased the same; and that I have personally invested about a lot of my own time working with your tech support team to try to work through various issues in order to end up with a stable, correctly configured system.
This is what Happened..
It turns out that the motherboard and the Display Driver used in my laptop is prone to cause the computer to “blue screen” or lock-up. And this issue has spawned literally thousands of customer complaints on your own support forums.
My system began showing these Problems shortly after purchase. So I took it to the service center for the repairing but to my sorrow I kept going in a loop. The customer care kept insisting that I don't have extended warranty, so I even purchased the extended warranty. But after 3 years of my purchase I am not even able to remember How many times my system board got replaced and how many times the LCD panel is replaced along with a total loss of time and a frustrated mind with a deep feeling of being cheated.
My Customer support system is Maha Electronics Located in Hyderabad,India.The center supervisor Mr.K srinivas along with senior technical support Mr. Paul told me that this definitely a faulty system.They were just keeping on replacing the MotherBoard /Display Panel withount exclating the matter to the higher authority regardless of a lot of complains from me.
Up to My knowledge I had replaced Motherboard and Display panel about 5-6 times:
Ref:NB1117-014
Ref:NB0102-035
Ref:NB0326-011
Now again the history repeats itself. This time my laptop is out of warranty .And the service center had given me the quotation of Rs 23,507.00.
I want to bring this to your account that I purchased the laptop for Rs 49,900.00.Adding to that I had even purchased the extended warranty for Rs 6500.00.And now again I am put into this situation where I have to buy the mother board to get my laptop going .

Again to my utter surprise the service center technicians have not excalated this matter to their higher authority even. I am going to take a strict action against them by taking them to court by giving a case of fraud and cheat.

Comments

• sharmakaushalsharmakaushal Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    I am the student of EMAX GROUP OF COLLEGE, AMBALA. this college demand next semester fees before 3 months starting next semester ( like if i am in 2nd semester they demanding fees for 3rd sem AND 3rd sem willl start from end of August, if any student will not pay they will not providing Roll no for 2nd sem for whom the student have already paid) plz justify....

regards,
    K.SHARMA
  • edited May 2012
    hello,
    I m pallavi.I had a hp pavillion dv6 last year on 27th of may 2011 and i had 1 year extended warrenty also but now when i checked 4 the warrenty they are saying its expired on 12th of jan 2012.well the problem is my cd drive is nt working.i want 2 get it replaced...
    dear sir i bat 1 laptop next year 26,11,2011
    and now i have a problum with his cooling fane .
    so please halpe me .
    ali.kid97@yahoo.com
  • edited June 2012
    1. I am Lt Col C Ravindra Reddy. I Purchased a HP-Pavilion Notebook G6-1201TX (QG470PA#ACJ) on 24 Dec 2011. While involved in procurement of IT equipment, I thought, HP was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise.

2. But my personal experience has been different, as I have had to send my HP Laptop in for repair (or replacement) for three times, and that I have personally invested about a lot of my own time working with HP tech support team to try to work through various issues in order to end up with a stable, correctly configured system.

3. The following are my complaint Ids:-
    (a) 4669724631
    (b) 4670211907
    (c) 4670361110
    (d) 4670996729
    (e) 4674873456

4. The problem with the system is two fold;
    (a) It shuts down on its own and it restarts. No error messages are displayed. There is no set pattern for this to happen. It may happen twice or thrice a day and sometimes does not happen even for week.
    (b) The other problem is that, the display becomes flickering and the system hangs. The only solution is switch off the system. The frequency of this occurrence is again unpredictable as above.

5. My system began showing these Problems shortly after purchase. Initially, the tech support team of HP tried to on-line diagnosis. All permutations and combinations such as system recovery, memory check or hard disk formatting were tried out with no results. Then the mother board was replaced. But no improvement in the functioning of the system was noticed as the above problems persisted. So I took it for repairing to customer support system, Syntech Pvt Ltd Located in Pune, India. They kept the system for observation for three to four days and detected no fault. Same thing continued for next three months. They take it for observation and return with no results.

6. As a result the laptop could not be used for which it was purchased.

7. The center supervisor Mr Umesh told me that this definitely is a faulty system. They were just taking the system for observation every time and did little to rectify the fault. They noticed flickering of screen while they had kept laptop with them for observation but did not notice shutting down. But it is evident as the frequency of this occurrence is unpredictable.

8. Now they want again take the system for observation which I protested as I feel, they want spend time till warranty period expires. I am insisting on replacement of the unit as I can not endlessly keep leaving my system with customer support system. Already it is looking a second hand system.

9. Please help me out and suggest way out.
    RESPECTED SIR

I am pureches a HP laptop model no G6 1200 TX (PAVELION) from ComCon(I) soulution in Bhilai on dated 16.05.2012. and as per your offer for extended waranty iam sending you all docments including check of rs.1150/ dena bank bhilai(atpar check).through speed post. and as per speed post informetion by internet you have to recived on dated 23.05.2012.but till date i have not recived any informetion from your side.. my registretion no is for extended waranty-4786313.I recived this no from your mail.
    So i request to you pl.look this matter and send me informetion as soon as.

• Dr.JamesDr.James Junior Member
    edited July 2012

I had purchased my HP laptop on 5/05/2010 from TOTAL RECALL TECHNOLOGIES, Goa with one year warranty.
    Model No. HP Pavilion DV4- 2110TU, intel core i3.

Within 2 years the laptop sound control panel present on the keyboard started getting stuck and the whole laptop started getting hanged.
    I went to the HP authorized dealers in Goa, who inspected my laptop and told me that there is a motherboard problem. They have told me that the motherboard needs to be replaced which costs around 21000/-. Which is almost the cost of buying a brand new laptop.

I want to ask you, how can the Laptop of such a branded company get spoiled in just less than 2 years. The same problem is being faced by my colleagues also who had purchased HP Laptop 1 year back.
    Since I am a Medical student and i need to use my laptop frequently for my presentations and seminars and study purpose which i could not do for last 1 and half month, has caused me heavy problem and is affecting my carrier. I am not in a position to put such a big amount for repairing the system.

James Thomas
    Goa
  • edited August 2012
    I bought this notebook for my daughter in October, 2011 and it started giving problems about 2-3 months later. We have been on the phone about 10 times since then and now and they have replaced the main board, hard disk, battery AC adapter. and it still has the same problem. It crashed on her numerous times, blue screens, she cannot watch her school lectures.

They have given us the run around, we have been on the phone for hours at a time. I even asked them to give me a credit and I would get another computer and they are unwilling to do that.

This computer is a lemon and HP should step up to the plate and replace it. I am sure it has already cost them more money to service and time with technical support than it would cost for a new machine.

Most of their staff is rude. One rep told her she needed to call another department and she asked for the number and she was told to google it.
  • edited August 2012

I have purchased new Laptop model no. CQ43-403AU39 C from the Croma CBD belapur Navi Mumbai on dated 12/1/2012 @ price 23490.00 with extended warranty.
    After purchased new laptop I keep it to my home and went to other city for my job. During on April i was at my residential place I use my new Laptop, but after two days I found that my laptop was not working so I call the customer complaint as i faces the following problem-

1. problem 1- (no.4673844282) dt.-30/4/2012
    Laptop not working properly- Found Mother board faulty.
    Changed the mother board in warranty on dt.-4/5/2012

2. problem 2- (no.4679128177) dt.-31/7/2012
    laptop not charging- Found internal connector faulty.
    Changed internal connector on dt. 4/8/2012

3. Problem 3- (no. send Email by me) dt.- 24/8/2012
    Laptop not working- found same problem as (no.46734482)
    pending- Their customer relation officer told we can only repair the
    laptop and cant give the word it will working smoothly in
    future.
    From the above Scenario I feel that i have cheated by company, even though my unit is in warranty and not uses more then 10 hours, I faces lots of problem.
    Now the problem is pending and I requested them to change whole unit, but they refuse by giving simple answer " Its not in our policy"

I decided that i have to take strict action against them. Please help me in this regards.

Farooq Shaikh
    Mumbai
  • edited September 2012
    i have been complaining for three weeks now to the hp service center for the engineer to visit but no response has been made to that customer id 4681605341 name sweta gupta on site warrantee has been provided but no service delivered
  • edited September 2012
    my battery backup is very poor.i should change my battery.my email id is harkeshsharma33@gmail.com.my address is :-
    vill+post-bhipur doraha j.bad ,distt-bulandshahr (utter pradesh),pin coad-202394.plz a engg. visitt my siote early.
  • edited October 2012
    My hp laptop no HP NB 630 I3 Sl No.5CB135 1SY4 P NO.QG634PA#ACJ PURCHAJ ON 16.10.2011 AT SR COMPUTER ANNEXE 1223 DD PLAZA, PUNJABI PATCH, MATHURA. AT PERSENT I SERVED IN CISF UNIT IOC BARAUNI QRT NO.L&T 32 REFINARY NAGAR TOWN SHIP BARAUNI BAGUSARI (BIHAR) & MY MOBILE NO. 8809942234 & 8409767130 . My HP LAPTOP NOT IN WORKING CONDITATION 27.09.2012. I SERVAL CALL TO SERVICE CENTER BUT NO ANY RESPONCE THEM. IT IS REQUESTED THAT TO TAKE ACTION FOR REPAIR LAPTOP DURING WARRANTI PERIOD.

RAJENDER SINGH
  • edited November 2012
    My hp desktop no HP product no. B4K14PA#ACJ , SERIAL NO : INA216T9FX , HP compaq 6200 Pro small form factor.My HP DESKTOP NOT IN WORKING CONDITION FROM 27.09.2012. I CALL TO SERVICE CENTER BUT NO ANY RESPONSE THEM. IT IS REQUESTED THAT TO TAKE ACTION FOR REPAIR DESKTOP DURING WARRANTY PERIOD.

I want to ask you, how can the desktop of such a branded company get spoiled in just 2 months.
  • edited January 2013
    I bought a hp mini laptop. i have faced so many problems with it. bt their service is so harassing. my warranty period almost being finished by harassment bt I can't get a proper service still now. I'm harassed and too disapointed. I'm from kolkata. my case id 5688561138
  • edited January 2013
    This is in reference to our Complaint No.s 4683508120 & 4687675938 – 461 made to HP.

We had purchased this product on 10 Jun 2012 from one of your stores in Delhi. Your Engineer visited our site twice for the same problem and did take the corrective action. We are of the view that this problem is a manufacturing defect and erupt any time as just now we are getting some unusual noise while closing the screen off as well as while opening it & so the LCD back cover is about to break from Hinge again. This would be the 3rd time that the same problem has come up with in 6months of purchase of the product & “Every time we complain it takes about 15-20days to get the part replaced as they always say that it takes time to get the availability of the parts”

We are using this product for our business purpose & it gets highly affected due to this problem. We also came to know that the company has stopped the production of this model & we feel that any problem in future shall be difficult to be solved.

As of now we have got a one year Onsite Hardware warranty for this product & so we are getting it repaired under the warranty but who will be responsible for this breakage after the warranty period will be over?

We have purchased this model from your company being a company of well-known repute in the market. To upkeep the status of the company, as a policy matter, the companies prefer the replacement of the defective product.

In view of this we request you to kindly replace this model with any other suitable model.

Hope our request shall receive a positive response.
    Hi All,

I have purchasesd HP pavilion g6 notebook (2016tx) four months back, laptop is under warranty. From now atleast two weeks back I am facing problume with my laptops cooling fan. I have register the complain to HP,but still yet they are unable to resolve my problume. HP service center are responding very poorly.... waste service by HP I have seen ever im my life......
  • edited January 2013
    my hp laptop is not working well due to ram pls tell your executive to visit our office
    1/6486 balbir nagar chowk shahdara delhi 110032
    cont. person- Mr. Anurag Sharma
  • edited January 2013
    I purchased a laptop of brand HP. After few months of its operation, i am facing a continuous problem with its speakers. They are not working properly. I have launched an complaint against it in hp service center. Then they told me that Engineer will visit to me on 17.1.2013.
    But now I am trying to contact them and no one answer my call except an watchman there.
    Please help.
    Here are details.
    Purchase Date: 12-Jul-2012
    Product Name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
    Product Number: A3V67PA#ACJ
    Serial Number: 5CD20626DG
    Dear ALL,

I bought a Laptop HP 1000- 1205-TU on 5th Dec 2012 from HP OUTLET Nehru Place New Delhi, bearing serial No "SN 5CG24237X0". From Beginning, there were several problems in this machine and biggest one was the "showing blue dead screen with Error Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". it started with BLUE screen and error message "MACHINE RAN IN TO PROBLEM AND WE ARE COLLECTING SOME DATA ON THE ERROR AND WE WILL RESTART IT FOR YOU" FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN SEARCH ON INTERNET "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" LATER. After Following up with them they replaced the unit. After getting a fresh replaced unit on 22nd Dec 2012 bearing Serial No. 5CG2423BMZ & Product number: C0P12PA. I was happy that now it is all over and my FAITH IN HP KEPT ITSELF RESTORING. But after few days same problem start reoccurring itself.It went restarted several times Again i was forced to give half of my time to these HP people. It is very difficult for me since i am holding a private job and my company consider performance only. After writing several time to HP and being shattered by them i asked them to give me another model of at least same or higher configuration but they refused. Please help me to get my money back or another model.

truly yours,

Irfan Khan

99998 13493
    Dear All,

I am Pankaj Gupta and purchased a HP pavelion D1 laptop , because I knew that this company was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise.
    But from part of 1st days it was going under controversy. After 8 days from purchasing date it was going to hang. i was send it on Hp service center. From initially they were unable to understand the problem. they were told to me there was no issue. I return back to my home. Again after 3 days i called them and deposited my lappii 3 days in service center. Now this time they were changed its MOTHERBOARD etc. in this time problem were be resolve little bit.

But now again there are numbers of problem were be generated even its BACK COVER were be going to open all the time due to repairing/maintenance , and there are also a display (screen) problem were be generated .

what am i do . unable to understand even it were take only 8th months only.

HP laptop.
    Dear All,

I am Pankaj Gupta (mb no.91-9958624777)and purchased a HP pavelion D1 laptop , because I knew that this company was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise.

what am i do . unable to understand even it were take only 8th months only.

HP laptop.
  • edited February 2013

Please give me a hp customer service no.

Serial Number: 5CD213551Z
    System Model: HP Pavilion g6-1301TX NB PC ALL

My laptop is creating following problem :

1. When I plug in the power supply to laptop it doesn’t charges when it (laptop) is on though it charges when it(laptop) is off even then it take long time (nearly 5 hrs). Though earlier it charges in both conditions and takes only less than 2 hrs.

Sudhanshu
  • edited February 2013
    since my warranty expired had nothing but issues with issue with hp do not bother to call them either as it does not do any good
  • edited February 2013
    i am Shiva, i have OS problem in my HP pavilion G6 laptop, which is under full on site warranty (it was bought just before 7months). when i contacted costumer care for service they kept me on line for one hour.. and they are asking me about technical aspects of the laptop which i may not know.. they are insisting me to tell the triggered messages while working on the laptop... when i said that i dont know about the technical details of the system and i want technician to resolve the problem they replied me that i would resolve the matter on phone. they insisted to follow their commands while operating my laptop on my own.... they said my systems Service.msc was crashed.. and i need to make recovery DVDs..
    as far as know to correct my laptop problem one needs to be technically informed which every customer may not be.. they are saying that on site warranty doesnot mean to send HP technician to the customer's home. if it is so, what is it in on site warranty for.. whom we to approach for OS problems and other problems while working..
    i want to approach consumer forum, if any, to inform the public about this type of betrayal by HP company...
    my problem is not resolved. they gave me reference Id. i need to make 6 dvds ready before i cal customer care again, to be get directed by them on phone on how to resolve the problem.
    i spent total 4 hours on this on two days. i passed though mental agony.
    can i get justice in this issue.

thanking you sir

P. Siva sankar.
    Hyderabad.
  • edited March 2013
    Hello my name is Purvendra singh i have hp laptop nd its a rubbish . It have got 2 years . In its warrenty period i take it coustmer care in every month but it didnt work . Nd now i have waste 5000 rs also bt this product is rubbish . So i know u will not help me but why you use to make made to your coustmers . Its product number is XT795PA#AJC AND Serial number is CNF0396ZNL
  • edited April 2013
    please check my laptop problem and my address is G2/G1/G2-HOLY HOMES ,FLAT NO. S2,GULMOHAR BHOPAL
    sir i am student of 6th sem nit raipur and i had purchased HP laptop for getting help in my studies, but as it turns out to be a menace with problems of overheating, battery backup problem (just 1 hour), i am unable to carry out my studies in a smooth way, i have to contact hp support every time for a new problem, and moreover their response is also not good, they are not trying to replace my battery and also new problems are arising day by day sir please help me.Sir my friend purchased the same laptop model 1 month before me and he is getting the battery back up of 4 hrs and when i contacted hp with this , they simply refused to consider any of it
    Complaint Against HP Laptop and HP service Center number 470199187.

I am purchased a Laptop in the month 23 Dec 2012.
    I have 4 time problem in my laptop every time HP is given me promotion me at this time it will be ok
    But i am facing so many different problem in same laptop.
    I have only doing complaint to HP Service Center.

It is very Bad Support form HP.
    Pls my person request to all Indian do not go for HP .

And Also HP person please take back my HP Laptop which no use for me.

I person request to higher Management Pls Helpless

I Thinks this time .

Regard
    Sheshnath Yadav
    This is Nitin Jadhav,

Laptop Model : Envy4-1103TX/CON96PA

I Purchased this laptop on 1st week of march 2013.
    Because of damage to LCD I had given my laptop to HP Service Center on 26 Apr 13 (Maha Electronic, Jaya Nagar, 3rd Block, Bangalore). Same got replaced in next week but I came to know that there is some problem of power tripping (Motherboard Problem).
    So Service center people told me that same part has been ordered and would be received by next week but post two weeks also that part is not received and then above case id created by service center.
    By that time I was also tracking this and meanwhile I got to know that this part is out of sale. But last week only they ordered new part (as per their said alternative part); Yesterday that part is received by service center team and now came to know that part is wrong one. And the most funniest thing is I called HP customer care 2-3 times in that week and asked whether this part is correct, is it having all same configuration with existing one and they said yes.

I already escalated this issue but didnt get any helpful response. Also I raised the same to South HP Customer care Head but didnt get any response

And now thing is that its now more than one month and still HP is resolving one small issue. This is really worst case I had ever seen.

Today only they told me new motherboard reached and got replace but another issue found with HDD and they are working on it.

I need your suggestions and inputs so that i can take action accordingly because its already one month left

Hope you reply or get helpful response from you as soon as possible

Nitin
    0 9620 386 486
    nash3gig@gmail.com
  • nash3gignash3gig Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    Please reply on above matter because now its almost 40 days about to complete and still HP is resolving issue.
    I wanted to take serious action against HP now.
    I need your direction on this.

Nitin