The Mobile Store

Salaora International Limited

Salora International Ltd.,
...........Respondent(s)

ORDER

COMPLAINT NO: 2716 OF 2008 Sunil C.M.

S/o. Mahadeva T.S. Doddakurubara Halli Jyothi Nagar Post Chikmangalore 577 102 Complainant

V/S

1. The Mobile Store Essar Telecom Retail Ltd. No. 114, Shop No. 51 Kempegowda Maharaja Complex K.G. Road, BVK Road Bangalore

2. Salaora International Ltd. New No. 8, Old No. 34 Jumbulingam Street Nungambakkam Chennai 600 034

3. Salora International Ltd. Blue Moon Xlant, No. 388 9th Main, Sector – 7, Near SBM HSR Layout, Bangalore 560 034 Opposite Parties

ORDER By the President Sri. S.S. Nagarale

This is a complaint filed by the complainant stating that he has bought Sony Ericsson mobile on 10.02.2008 for Rs. 10,759.01 from opposite party No.

1. He had given same for service centre 3 times and again 4th time on 05.11.2008. But the same is not repaired. Inspite of his repeated requests the opposite parties have not responded. Matter has been brought to the notice of company by complaint No. SE7439704. Complainant submitted that he has spent nearly Rs. 4,000/- on TA & DA bills to have his mobile serviced and repaired.

The complainant submitted that amount may be reimbursed together with TA & DA of Rs. 4,000/- or he requested for issue of a new mobile and requested forum to do needful. 2. Notice issued to opposite parties. Sri S. Manjunath, Advocate files vakalath for opposite party No. 1. Opposite party No. 2 has not appeared and placed as ex-parte. Representative of opposite party No. 3 was present before the forum on 20.02.2009.

He submitted that matter will be amicably settled outside the court and matter was adjourned to 05.03.2009. The complainant was not present on 05.03.2009 and nobody on behalf of the complainant represented the case.

3. When the matter was taken for hearing the company representative was present and he filed memo stating that they are ready to give a new box piece W580i Sony Ericsson phone or any other model of Sony Ericsson amounting to same value of W580i Sony Ericsson to the complainant. The memo was taken on record. The company representative was present and during hearing he fairly and rightly submitted that as per the request of the complainant company is ready to replace the set with a brand new set of the same model or any other model of same value.

This submission is quite just, fair, reasonable and appreciated. Complainant has purchased mobile set for Rs. 10,759/- under tax invoice dated 10.02.2008. Since, the mobile was giving trouble he gave it to the service centre. He has also produced 4 service tags. It is clear that mobile purchased by the complainant is not working properly and it is defective one. Therefore, the company is bound to replace it with defect free mobile. The company representative has fairly submitted that company is ready to give new box piece of W580i Sony Ericsson or any other model of same value to the complainant. The complainant in his prayer also sought for direction to issue new mobile. So in view of the prayer of the complainant and also submission of the company representative it is just, fair and proper to direct the opposite parties to give a new brand new mobile set to the complainant of value Rs. 10,759/- giving choice of selection to the complainant. If the complainant takes mobile set of lesser value the difference of amount shall have to be given to the complainant by the opposite parties. In the result I proceed to pass the following:

ORDER

4. The Complaint is allowed. The opposite parties are directed to give new box piece of Sony Ericsson Model W580i or any other model of the value of Rs. 10,759/- to the complainant within 30 days from the date of this order. The complainant will be having choice to select the model.

5. The opposite parties are directed to give Rs. 1,000/- as costs of the present proceedings to the complainant in addition to the replacement of mobile set.

Comments

• bsantoshbsantosh Junior Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi Admin,

Can u please provide "The Mobile Store" Customer Care Center Email ID.

I need to complaint on them for poor service
  • edited March 2010
    On Wednesday (3rd March 2010) I purchase a mobile (nokia 5233) from The Mobile Store limited, sector – 8 , Shop no. -2 , shivshanker Plaza, Airoli – Mumbai, Ph. 022-65261661/65973116
    While purchasing the mobile the Virgin mobile executive & Mobile Store executive told me, sir you will get the gifts wiyh this mobile as below
    One Reebok T shirt
    One scratch coupon
    & Five virgin sim card with 43 rs talk time, & two months internet facility free, but after that virgin mobile executive asked me for 250 rs. Ok I paid by thinking as a hidden cost.

But after 2 day also (this is my 3rd day) I didn’t got the talk time & now cant think @ internet what virgin mobile executive committed to me ( cheated by the name of virgin mobile).
    I contacted them several times but they are just making me fool.
    So Is this the policy of VIRGIN MOBILE & The Mobile Store Limited; to do the business by cheating the customers.
    The names for executive attended me.
    Mobile Store – VIVEK
    VIRGIN MOBILE – FAIZAN.

The mobile no. the executive gives me.

So I am expecting some action at least from you, to get the right service.

Ishwar Chaudhari
  • Rahul SrivastavaRahul Srivastava Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    Cheat by THE MOBILE STORE
    To the Concerned,

This is to bring into your notice, the irresponsible attitude shown from the Mobile store (East Delhi Branch).

Recently , I have purchased E63 mobile from the Mobile store with the blue tooth device BH-104). When I shown to my friends my mobile, they said that the BH- 213 Blue Tooth device is coming with E63.

After confirmation from other outlet of Dealers and Sub-Dealers I came to know that I have been cheated by The Mobile Store. When I went to the mobile Store again and complain about the same. they are not ready to accept his mistake and telling that BH-213 is not coming with E63 only BH-104 device is provided by the NOKIA.

Even he is telling that The Mobile Store is the Direct Dealer of Nokia. I investigate with the Nokia, Gurgaon Office and came to know that The Mobile Store is not a Dealer of Nokia they purchase the Nokia products from their Dealer, infact The Mobile is a sub-dealer.

When I communicate with the Sales Man of The Mobile Store Mr. Ajay - saying that we are the dealer, one side they are deceiving to customer and other side they provide the wrong information and marketing.

In fact The Mobile Store is currupting the image of NOKIA. When I talked to Boss of Mr. Ajay he is not able to handle the customer- says "jo karna hai kar lo blue tooth change nahi hoga maine to bus sale karne k liye blue tooth diya tha otherwise aisa koi offer E63 k saath nahi hai" what rubbish he communicate.

Even I came to know that BH-104 is not compatible with E63 Mobile as per Nokia Office, Gurgaon.

Now how could I get my BH-213 instead of BH-104.

Please help the concern person to have the right complementary product with E63.

Is it that Nokia is not providing this offer to Mobiestore..its too pitty for such a brand chain to come up with such silly arguments that" Nokia is not providing them with the offer mentioned in the package"!!!!

Its too frustating that we need to spend our cash to by a mobile and then waste our time there after to get the offer.

Hope that the concerned authorities will look into the matter and do the needful.

My contact number is 09718722296 09716758006 (Delhi) : Name - Rahul
  • Rahul SrivastavaRahul Srivastava Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    Cheat by THE MOBILE STORE
    To the Concerned,

Now how could I get my BH-213 instead of BH-104.

My contact number is 09718722296 09716758006 (Delhi) : Name - Rahul
  • edited November 2011
    My self Anoop Patel a resident of Anand, Gujarat visited a store near my place on 2nd October 2011 for buying a DOCOMO 3G Stick. I paid a total amount of 2000 Rs. for stick and 300 Rs. for FRC on that sim card. Let me write a total inconvenience that felt till date.

After 2 days: card still not activated.
    Complained several times and finally a member replied that they have made a recharge on different sim.

After a week: A new sim will be delivered.
    A new sim delivered but recharged wid different scheme which does not allow me access 3G spectrum.

Complaint and wasted 50 Rs. balance....they finally told to replace it with a new stick within 2 days.
    Then after i called them regularly after interval of two days till date...they said stick gone to the company for replacement will deliver in next two days.

This two days scenario is still continued and i lost my faith in mobile store. Toll free is not getting connected and there is no way as i see to call the senior officials directly.

The day i purchased stick was 2nd october and today is 10 November....After wasting much energy, time, money the product is not delivered for my convenience. Rather it gave a set of inconvenience.

Anoop Patel
    Anand, Gujarat
  • sonia2010sonia2010 Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    The MobileStore Limited, India's first countrywide chain of telecom retail outlets and largest mobile retailer. “The MobileStore” is an Essar Group venture, set to introduce a pan-Indian network of retail telecom outlets.
  • sirajeesirajee Junior Member
    edited January 2012

Best way to electronics shopping deals - Great way to Electronics Shopping deals - Electronics Shopping for Deals Online – Discount Shopping for deals!

Phone - offers the top brands and the most popular phones and accessories. Find unlocked Blackberry, LG, HTC, Samsung and Motorola phones.

• edited May 2012
    I went to buy a Blackberry 9220 from your Salt Lake showroom,BF-190 on 9/05/2012 and the price was Rs.10,992. I wanted to consume this one in EMI with 0% interest. One of their staffs used the card in a wrong method at the billing time and the EMI process didn't show up. So they voided the noted amount immediately but that sum of money have not come to my main account still now cause the transfer had not been successful. So I am very much worried about this matter. I am requesting to take an immediate step with the factor of urgency. I am eagerly waiting to get my money back.
  • ghestsghests Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    sonia2010 wrote: »

Be inspired by underwater photographer Stephen Frink's use of Canon's EF 8-15mm Fisheye zoom lens
  • edited August 2013
    I have recently boug. A Sony Xperia z from bhel associates in dehra doon And spent 38900 rs approx and the phone they gave me is a ass and it does not work after 10 days I want my money back. ASAP mister....
  • edited September 2013
    Mam, mere sath idea company ke selles maneger or uske branch maneger cheat kiya h. Mere sath 5 sept se majak kiya ja rha h ki sir aapka no aaj start hoga kal bt hota h nhi. Mere sath 6 time commitment kiya gya bt sb jhuta commitment tha. Mam maine customer care me v complain kya bt sirf complain no dekar jhor diya gya. Mera koe problem solve nhi hua.
    Mera nam Uday Kumar
    H.No 100, gali no 1, saidulajab, M.B.Road New Delhi 110030.
    Mob no 8826144932.

Mam, maine aadit system ke selles executive Raj ko 3/9/2013 ko 300 cash diya. Mujhe fir idea company se call aaya aapka paisa or document mil chuka h 5 ya 6 sept ko aapka no start ho jayega bt nhi hua.
    Mam mujhe idea company se ye new postpaid no 9990447398 jiska sim no 89910435041312150751 diya gya Jo avi tak start nhi hua. Aaj 14 days ho gya payment kiye huye. Mam mai aapke id pr rasid attach kr rha hu. Mam mujhe aapse bahut ummid h ki AAP mere problem solve kroge. Mam aap mujhe paise wapas dilwa do. Nhi to oh fir aapko v excuse dega ki 2 days aapka no start hojayega. Mam mai idea company ke jhut se thak chuka hu. An mujhe no nhi chahiye. Paise dilwa wa do jitna mai pareshan hua hu kuchh aisa kru ki dusre koe or Insan es trah kavi pareshan n ho...
  • edited October 2013
    Dear Sir, I had purchased samsung Galaxy Grand Mobile from The Mobile store, Walkeshwar Road, Mumbai on 22nd April 2013. The code of shop is 1038. My invoice No. is 8900295. the said mobile was purchased by paying the amount by my Credit card of ICICI Bank. I was to get 15% cash back within 45 days of purchase as per the prevailing scheme at that time. I have yet to receive the cash back amount although more than 150 days have passed. i have registered a complaint with Mobicares and my complaint No. is MSCO10024807. i have already sent my bank statement to email address- mobicares@mytms.in as required by them from my email address anand.nikam@necindia.com i want my money 15% to be returned to me as soon as possible thanking you need you help

Saddam Golandaj
    saddam.golandaj@rediffmail.com
  • edited November 2013
    The worst service of Mobile store.I am totally unsatisfied from the service.I have purchased Micromax Funbook Tab(with calling) on from THE MOBILE STORE(virar).The same day problem of applications not getting shared was faced by me,and i visited the shop for the same.The person there told me that the piece seems defective so will get it replaced once the service center opens on 5th Nov 2013.When I submitted the tab on 5th person there told you yourself go to service center and put the request for replacement,when it was your employee's duty to submit it to the service center as it was the same day complain.Later when he agreed to submit by themselves we were told that you will get the replaced piece tomorrow (very next day) but they told me that SERVICE CENTER WAS CLOSED and was not given and told to visit on Saturday.On saturday when we approached for the piece,we are told that your replacement of piece has been done but now we do not have the stock for the same piece.As throughout India no Stock is available for the same Piece also i was offered a cash back of 350 Rs. for which i was told to purchase some accessory only.The accessory which I wanted was not available in the stock throughout India so,again I was told to pay some more bugs and buy some other accessory from the cash back.And it got expired in 3 days,even when I have not received any phone how will I buy any accessory?and in these stupidity you'll just expired the cash back time period.Now,I am told to buy some other phone as the SOCK IS NOT AVAILABLE.
    I would never recommend anyone to buy from Mobile Store nor would I in future purchase anything.
    You people cheat with customers sell defective pieces and than when problem is faced by the customer you'll don't keep STOCK AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT INDIA.
    For what the hell have you'll have opened the shop if no STOCK is available throughout INDIA just to make CUSTOMERS FOOL and make FRAUDS,once customer buys some thing later on YOU"LL JUST DON'T KEEP THE STOCK AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT INDIA.
    You people make sure that I am going to put these things on social networking sites and going to approach high authorities and consumer court,
    I want the same piece or my Amount to be refunded within a day.
    Dear Sir/mam,

I had purchase sony erricson from Mobile Store Ltd., Shop No. 73, Faridabad, Sec 15A on 3rd Nov 2011 and had also apply for extended warranty on same day for one yr.
    I was facing some problem in the phone and i had submitted the same on 23rd Sep 2013 and from that day it was with them. I don't know either they had done anything or not but now they are saying that your phone is out of warranty and now we cant do anything.
    You are requsted to kindly look into the matter and resolve my problem

Thanks & regards
    Atul kumar
  • edited November 2013

Mera nam Rizwan Hai Maine Ek Mahina phle karbonn k sevice center me apne mobile ka A21 display change krne ko dia tha us samay un logo ne kaha k 30 days mai aapko mil jayega Jab Yeh date thi ( 15-10-2013 ) pr aaj sir 40 din ho chuke ab tk unhone ni dia hai aur na hi koi ek date batate hai aur aisa sir mere sath hi ni na jane kitne logo ke sath karte hai..... so i request u sir ki problem ko short out thoda jaldi karwa de taki hmlogo ko pareshani na jhelni pade......

Eail Id ;- faizikhan71@gmail.com

My contact no-8805996383

Job Sheet No :- KJASPMH1001013K11755

Service Center Address

Justam Chowk,
    Amravati.

Contact No : - 0721-2578901
  • edited December 2013
    My phone which I have given for warranty claim to The mobile store has been lying for 2 weeks even without paper works when will come back god knows, on top of that this information I get from samsung service center, no body at store even bothered to reply call, they cut the call after keeping me wait for long.

Vastrapur Ahmedabad, Gujarat store is worst store I have ever came across.

not even papers are sent to Samsung service center, taht also I got to know from there, is there a SOP being circulated for the claim settlement.
    I am not updated even by guys at customer support, so that means my assumption on The Mobile store stands correct, it seem to be a ridiculous organization as far as customer support is concern.

And woww... I had written to customer care on 27th Nov & today is 23rd Dec, till now no action, no status update, no reply to complaint only assurance to reply back with the status.

Is company taking customer for granted? Do you think a customer can’t do anything against company
  • edited January 2014
    Myself Gordhan Meghwal, purchased Samsung Galaxy Grand, GT-I9082 (IMEI No.35663058057748) on 07/07/2013 from LGF-4,5,6, LOWER GRND FLR, TRITON MALL ON CHAOMU BYPASS, KHASRA NO.1/1, VILLAGE- BASSI, SITARAMPURA, JHOTWARA RD, JAIPUR. It worked well only for 2 months but suddenly it got switched off on 01/10/2013. As I have charged the phone on 30/09/2013 in the night it was heating, in the morning (01/10/2013) when I checked it was switched off and not getting switched-on. It was not getting charged.

I went to the service centre at Malviya Nagar, near Airtel office in Bhopal; they said it will take one and half months to get it repaired as they will be sending the phone to Pune. So I came back and second time after few days in November I went to service centre in Jaipur; they formatted the phone, they said that the phone has some problem which will be resolved after formatting; they have taken the warrant card and haven’t returned. I could not visit them again to collect the warranty card as I have to come back to my home in Hyderabad. On 21st December, 2013, I went to the service centre situated at Durga Nagar, Ameerpet in Hyderabad.

They have asked me to submit the phone for repair. They assured me to call in 2 days but same day in the evening they called me and said there is a water damage that’s why battery and phone is not working. They refused to change the battery. There is no water damage for sure and battery is in warranty period. They said that new battery will cost you 2,000; on checking online I found that same battery is available online for Rs.1199, so I collected my phone on same day.

Next day on 22/12/2013, I purchased a new battery from B.R Enterprises, Samsung Smartphone Cafe, Madhapur, Hyd-81costing Rs 1399/-.With new battery I was able to switch-on the phone but it was charging around 10% in one hour and after around 45 minutes it started heating a lot. I was unable to use it on that day as it was heating. To my shock, next day in the morning phone was switched-off again; I tried to charge it but all in vain; And I could not switch it on and it was not getting charged. So on 24/12/2013, I again went to service centre in Ameerpet, Hyderabad.

Now this time I spoke to service centre In-charge Mr. Sai Kumar, after thorough inspection in front of me, he got the phone deposited again for repair and assured me that he will call me back in 3-4 days with the status. He asked for both the batteries as he wanted to check with both the batteries to find out the issue with phone. As I was not ready to deposit newly purchased battery, he assured that both the batteries will be returned so I have given him both the batteries to him.
    I haven’t received any call, I called that service center number but number was busy or phone was not picked. After waiting enough for 10 days on 4th Jan 2014, I visited again to collect my phone. They were returning me the phone without any service or repair; they were returning the old battery but replaced the new battery that I have purchased on 22nd Dec., 2013, with date of manufacturing mentioned on it, 2013.07.03.

Now they said that my new battery is also having fluctuation problem so they were giving me new battery. Both the time, they were finding fault in the batteries; however not repairing or replacing my phone. When I protested that problem is in the phone which is not resolved; they can’t replace my newly purchased battery without my permission or informing me. As battery which was being offered to me was not having any date of manufacturing mentioned on it and it was looking like a duplicate battery.
    When I asked that he can give the battery to me in original packing, with the bill and duly stamped, he refused and countered that they do not have battery in original packing, as batteries in service center comes in loose and he cannot give me bill too. On request he was ready to mention the battery serial number on my bill of newly purchased battery and sign it which is no way to ensure that battery is genuine.

I collected my Samsung Galaxy Grand from them with my old battery; I have not accepted new duplicate battery from them which they offered me in place of my new battery. He assured that he will get my battery from back-end where he has sent; and also assured that he will call me in 2-3 hours however I have not received any call till date (since 3 days); I am still waiting for his call.

Now my phone is not working as it is not repaired and I have also lost my newly purchased battery too. It’s very disappointing situation; service and concern for customer is at lowest at Samsung Service Center. And I m not satisfied with their dealing too.

As this phone is defective, please get it replaced soon. Waiting for early reply and possible solution.

Gordhan Meghwal
    Email Id: grmeghwal@gmail.com
    Phone No. : 09030044451, 08179750741
    Dated: 06/01/2014 (Hyderabad)
  • edited January 2014
    Sony neo l .please take action against Sony corporation.actually this phone is not value for money and use for nothing. Every time stuck and complaints..
    [QUOTE=dinesh bisht )Cheat by THE MOBILE STORE
    To the Concerned,

This is to bring into your notice, the irresponsible attitude shown from the Mobile store (rajpur branch dehradun.uttrakhand).

I have purchased micromax a52 mobile from the Mobile store with 2 years warranty .after using it for about 1 year, it started creating problems. i submit the phn to mobile store from where it was purchased on 30 nov.2013..mr deepak was the incharge of this mibile store. he told me within 15 days my problem will be.solved. from then i have been given further time.

My contact number is 09557167982 (dehradun) : Name - dinesh bisht
  • edited February 2014
    As per official web siteof the mobile store the no credit card emi for customers takes a maximum of 48 hours to execute and tell customer wheather he is eligible or not for the scheme,but its been a week i have submitted the documents for no credit card scheme & still getting no response.
    edited April 2014
    I was a regular a regular customer of the mobile store jaipur. I bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE FROM THE MOBILE STORE(GANPATI PLAZA JAIPUR) AND THE IMEI NO. WAS 351823058130808. ON 29/03/2012 with the full insurance provided by the company. And it was stolen on 2/04/2012 at BANDRA RAILWAY STATION MUMBAI. I had submitted all of the documents to the company at that time the store manager was mr. manish rathore and area head was mr. pawan ahuja. I asked them many times to them and as well as mr. das of the insurance company which is located in delhi. Firstly he told me to submit the all documents. I done that as he told me to do. After 1 month he told me to bring N.O.C. from the police station I went their 2 times on my own expenditure but they told me that they can’t give the N.O.C. because of the confidential matter according to the police!!!!I got fed up of all these things!!! After that I went to dubai for some business purpose.
    And now when I came over here to jaipur I went to the mobile store. All the staff got changed. I met mr.nagendra which works at your store located at m.i. road in jaipur. He told me that he will help me in this issue but as usual I did not get any hopefull reply from his side also.
    after all these things some how I contacted mr. chandan vaid. who is the all india manager for customer care of THE MOBILE STORE. he told me that he will help me.
    but after 1 month he told me all those same things to provide again.
    I told him that I have already submitted all the required things to the mobile store which they told me at the time of insurance. but now when I want my money back they all are harassing me. that I have to bring all these things.
    simply this is the issue of misguiding the customer. because they didn’t told me all these things at the time of purchase.
    I have all the conversation mails from the starting.
    I request you to please help me in this case.
    I have all the conversation mails from the starting.
    I request you to please help me in this case.[/QUOTE]
    I have all the conversation mails from the starting.
    I request you to please help me in this case. my contact details are:- shakaib ali siddiquie. contact no:- 9772240006
  • edited August 2014
    It was very bad shopping experience to me with your online mobile store. I have ordered one mobile on 16/07/2014 and also pay 100% from my credit card. They have sent me the attached invoice for satisfy me against my regular calling and feedback for my order no - 3110398509230. I have ordered HTC Desire 816 (Grey color).
    They provided me the name of courier company and the tracking no also 01:20 pm on 23/07/2014 and again on 01:00 PM on 31/07/2014. but both are not valid as per Ecom Express call center. And finally today you are telling me that the grey is not in stock but white is available and after request to change the color of both from grey to white, you are not comfortable from that also.They all making fool to all website viewers and customers. All the three colors are available in there stock.
    on 31/07/2014 the call center executive told me that they positively ship my mobile by same day till evening and then i can able to track my mobile on courier company's website. but till now they not dispatch the same and once again they telling me that there is shortage in stock, dispatch will delay b 2-4 days.

Need some action against this carelessness and irresponsibility.

Dr. Raj N. Saraswat
    saraswatrn@yahoo.co.in
  • edited August 2014

Need some action against this carelessness and irresponsibility.

Dr. Raj N. Saraswat
    saraswatrn@yahoo.co.in

Same here, I had ordered the phone on the 1st Aug and now the ping-pong has started. Sometimes they tell you the stock that they received had a bad phone in it and the next time you call they tell you that there is a delay in Branch office. The best of all, there is no status update because the 'BLOODY SERVER IS DOWN'. This has to be my worst online shopping experience in all these years that I have been shopping.

Order No: 3110387704179
    Order Date: 1st Aug
    Original Shipping Date: 11th Aug

Current Order Status on the site: "PAGE NOT FOUND"
    Customer Care response: "YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL 21st AUG & THEN WE WILL SHIP THE PHONE"

Completely agree with you Dr Raj, there should be some legal action taken against this fooling attitude of the mobile store.

Can someone from the admin guide us on the process, I want to teach them a lesson.

Kailash
    My above phone is unauthorisidely and in an illegal and unauthorised manner by MTNL, Mumbai Dahisar Check Naka Exhcnage althaough I have made payment of their bill No. 2098567395 dt. 14.8.2014 CA No.2090343982 vide Ch. 703956 dt. 25.8.2014, while the concessional due date was 4.9.2014. The payment is cleared by my banker M/s Union Bank of India on 28.8.2014.

After dialling faulty telephone help service, I have been given to understand that due to non-payment the line has been temporarily disconnected.

Please look into the matter.