Agarwal Packers and Movers

...........Respondent(s)

BEFORE:

Complainant(s)/Appellant(s):

ORDER

Date of Filing:18.11.2008 Date of Order:20.03.2009 BEFORE THE II ADDITIONAL DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL FORUM SESHADRIPURAM BANGALORE-20 Dated: 20TH DAY OF MARCH 2009

PRESENT Sri S.S. NAGARALE, B.A, LL.B. (SPL.), President. Smt. D. LEELAVATHI, M.A.LL.B, Member. Sri BALAKRISHNA. V. MASALI, B.A, LL.B. (SPL.), Member. COMPLAINT NO: 2483 OF 2008

A.P. Singh A 611, Ranka Colony Bilekakhalli, Bannerghatta Road Bangalore 560 076 Complainant

V/S

Agarwal Packers and Movers M/s. DRS Logistics Pvt. Ltd. No. 166, 4th Cross, Lalbagh Road K.S. Garden, Bangalore Geeta Nagar Society, C-6/7 Opp. Sanghvi Towers Near Sardar Bridge, Adajan Road Surat 395002 Opposite Party

ORDER By the President Sri. S.S. Nagarale

This is a complaint filed by the complainant. The facts of the case are that he came to Bangalore on transfer from Surat. His household goods and car were transferred in two lots by opposite party Agarwal Packers and Movers from Surat to Bangalore. Second lot of goods was delivered to Bangalore residence in a broken state. Two steel cupboards, one wooden wardrobe and bookshelf were totally broken as thrown from a good height. Divan is also broken. The teddy bear was also not given. Complainant e-mailed to head office. There is no response. Letter was also sent. Again there was no response. A person of company came to inspect the damage and returned but no action was taken. The complainant spoke to Directors of the company. Complainant was written to IBA to intervene in the matter. There was no remedy left and the complainant filed a complaint under Jago Grahak Campaign.
The complainant sought Rs. 13,650/- towards cost of the damaged articles and Rs. 5,000/- towards expenses and Rs. 50,000/- towards mental agony.

2. Notice issued to opposite party. Opposite party put in appearance through advocate. Defence version filed stating that the opposite party has given delivery of goods in good condition. The valuation given by the complainant is taken under consideration the amount claimed by the complainant is higher side. Complainant has not produced any bill regarding damaged articles. The amount is just imagination. Complainant has not come with clean hands before this forum. The opposite party has given good service to the complainant. Complainant is not entitled for any amount. Hence, requested to dismiss the complaint.

3. Affidavit evidences are filed.

4. Arguments are heard. I have gone through the complaint, documents and defence version.

5. It is admitted case of the parties that the opposite party being a transport agency had under taken assignment of transporting household articles of complainant from Bangalore to Surat on his transfer. It is the case of the complainant that some articles were damaged on delivery at Bangalore. He has submitted that two cupboards and divan damaged. Admittedly, the complainant has claimed damages for the articles transported on 07.06.2008. As per this packing list he has shown valuation of 8 articles as Rs. 8,500/-. The complainant has signed on this packing list also. Out of 8 articles complainant has submitted that cupboards and divan are damaged to some extent. The complainant had made representation through e-mail to the opposite party company. He has also taken the matter with the Chief Executive, Indian Bank’s Association, Mumbai. Since he could not get any relief he approached the forum under Jago Grahak, Campaign. The defence of the opposite party that goods were delivered in safe condition cannot be accepted. The complainant has produced photographs of articles damaged and also produced copies of correspondence made with the opposite party. Therefore, the case put up by the complainant that some articles were damaged at transportation from Surat to Bangalore cannot be rejected. As per the packing list dated 07.06.2008 the valuation shown by the complainant for 8 items is Rs. 8,500/-. As per the case of the complainant three items were damaged. Therefore, taking into consideration of the valuation shown by the complainant under the packing list he is entitled for compensation based on the valuation given in the packing list. Complainant has not produced any evidence or proof to show that the exact amount of damage caused to the articles.
Therefore, it will be just, fair and reasonable to grant Rs. 4,000/- as compensation to the complainant for the loss suffered by him. The opposite party shall be directed to pay compensation of Rs. 4,000/- to the complainant. The complainant has claimed Rs. 50,000/- towards mental agony. There is no basis what so ever to claim this exaggerated sum for mental agony. Complainant has no evidence as to how he has suffered mental agony and hardship. Therefore, it is not proper to grant any amount under the head mental agony. The ends of justice will be met in awarding Rs. 4,000/- as global compensation to the complainant. In the result I proceed to pass the following: ORDER

6. The Complaint is allowed. The opposite party is directed to pay compensation of Rs. 4,000/- to the complainant within 30 days from the date of this order. In the event of non-compliance of the order within 30 days the said amount carries interest at 12% p.a. from the date of this order till payment / realisation. 7. The complainant is also entitled for Rs. 500/- towards costs of the present proceedings from the opposite party.

Comments

• harishvguptaharishvgupta Junior Member
    edited December 2009
    Company Info:
    Agarwal Packers and Movers | Home Shifting | Home Carriers | Cargo Container | Domestic and Corporate Relocation | DRS Group

Personal Info:
    Name: Harish V Gupta
    Mobile: 9999599232
    email: gotoharish@gmail.com

Complaint:
    I chose Agarwal Movers and Packers to get my bike from Indore to Noida under docket number (GC-212546). I received the bike after 5 days of delivery period from Indore. But the bike was not in the same condition. All the fuel (almost 5 ltrs) in the Bike was absent. The front-wheel was punctured to such an extent that the tube has to be changed. One side of the bike is scratched fully to such an extent, that we can see the inner layer of the material used.

When I contacted them in this regard, one of their representative emailed me saying that claim the losses from the insurance company. After making him understand that Insurance company doesn't cover such kind of losses, he offered me Rs 400 as compensation. When I explained him that my losses are are much more than whatever he is offering, he raised the amount to Rs 500. But I am still not satisfied with the compensation offered. Please help me in this regard as I also want to close this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!!
  • edited November 2010
    I am Anuj Aggrawal. I was to shift from Delhi to Dibrugarh and engaged the services of Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd. The household goods were transported under GC 4127580 and car nder GC 4127581. The hosehold goods were packed under very haphazard manner with no supervisor on the first day of the packing. No promised meal vouchers were provided on the day of packing (Just shows the attitude of the firm). The household goods and car were taken by the company on 26 Oct 2010. The package included services of an escort to accompany the household goods. The household goods were received at Dibrugarh on 06 Nov 2010 without any promised off-loaders and unpackers. On 07 Nov 2010 the rep of the company came with offloaders. During off-loading, it was noticed that cartons were torn and wooden crates damaged. The arrangement of the items in the truck was different than when loaded indicating shifting. The items appeared to have been thrown around leading to tearing of cartons and breaking of wooden boxes. Some small items had slipped out of the broken cartons and out of thr truck through the ho;le in the bottom of the truck. On unpacking, TV trolley glass was found broken. Photographs have been forwarded to the company. The company rep had promised that compensation would be provided. However, there has been no action as yet. Some of the other damage noticed after the company rep had gone included breaking of glass of paintings/wall hanging, breaking of Corelle kitchen pot. The car was received on 13 Nov 2010. At the time of taking over the car at Delhi, it was recorded that car may be driven upto 100 km to cover the distance to tha carrier. On receipt it was found that the car had been driven by 500 km i.e. 400 km more than that agreed. The car was driven from Gauwhati to Dibrugarh. In both cases the observations were written at the back of the vouchers where the receipt of the goods and car were signed. On approaching the head office in Hyderabad, the response form the company is hardly encouraging. none of the e-mails have been responded. On enquiring telephonic ally the response is same that more time is required. The mental harassment by the company is very high. I seek action from the company through your forum.
  • globecargomoverssglobecargomoverss Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    GLOBE Cargo Movers (GCM) is associated with some well-reputed packing and moving companies within the country and abroad to serve the growing number of companies relocating corporate employees.Packers and movers in Bangalore, Packers and movers companies in Bangalore, packers and movers companies, Logistics in Bangalore, packing and moving Bangalore, Freight movers in Bangalore, Logistics companies in Bangalore, Relocation services in Bangalore, Road transportation services Bangalore, Cargo services companies in Bangalore.
  • edited March 2011
    I received my bike in a very bad condition, I transfered one bike and Suitcase from delhi to pune and the charge was maximum as compare to others movers and packers because of the name of Agarwal Movers and packers and its service .

But i receives my bike in very bad condition and the suitcase is also tore .

I showed the condition to your khadki office pune and they told me to talk to your claim person,But he is not responding in proper way.

Severe damages was found in head light.

Cost of damage is coming around 2500 RS

I am waiting for your response.

Bill No -609153

They told me to give me 500 rs as refund :(
  • Vivekmittal83Vivekmittal83 Junior Member
    edited September 2011

But i receives my bike in very bad condition and the suitcase is also tore .

Severe damages was found in head light.

Cost of damage is coming around 2500 RS

I am waiting for your response.

Bill No -609153

They told me to give me 500 rs as refund :(

I shifted my bike from baroda to mumbai from Agarwal P&M. I recieved my bike in 14 days after after making so many calls to the delivery person.
    The whole supply chain management is the worst i ever seen. Its Horrible.They provide a disgusting service.
    Their Delivery person in mumbai named Mr. Kuldeep(9322396351) is an iliterate person who doesn't know how to talk to customer even.
    I called them about 50 times a day from 30th aug to 7th sep and they just keep on saying daily " you'll recieve today". Its really harrasement.
    A strict action should be taken against such services.

GC: 670182

email : pratish.ganguly@gmail.com

Company Info:
    Agarwal Packers and Movers

Complaint:
    I shifted my belongings by Agarwal Packers & Movers Ltd on 24th September 2011, from Delhi to Bangalore ( by GC no. 683891). The packing done by the Delhi branch was so bad that most of the boxes were damaged. There were two cots of which one was completely broken and the other was partially damaged. Also, the team that came for packing at Delhi came with packing materials that was not sufficient for packing the items that was present. Some of the computer items and cooking utensils were wrapped together with tapes without any box packing. The bike that was transferred along with a helmet was also damaged ( there were damages near the petrol tank) along with the helmet broken as well. A chair that was transferred along with the materials was found missing when the consignment first arrived for delivery. On inquiring about the whereabouts of the same, I was told to contact one person after the another as there was no one who was willing to take responsibility for the goof-up. When I asked about the damages, I was told that there are different departments in the company and the delivery guys are not concerned with the safety of the materials and that it is the job of some other department. The way I was harassed for the delivery of my chair and repair of the damaged/broken cots tells a lot about their professionalism. The entire amount was paid in advance (by cheque) at the time of booking in Delhi and in Bangalore I had to go through a lot of pain to get my items delivered at my address. Kindly take strict action against them for the pathetic service provided by them. Awaiting the forum's response.
  • edited December 2011
    Very Worst....!!! Cheating company..!!Shfting done from Mumbai to bangalore quote given and assured for seperate container Paid rs 40 thousand but shifting done by part load which is only of 12 thousand, lots of house hold materials got damaged, still no claims also done from last 6 months no enquiry from agarwal, if i called no one is not responding...!!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked my articles from Ahmadabad to Bahadurgarh by Agarwal packers & movers thinking that it is known brand and provide good service.But to opposite of this i found them most irresponsible and unethical business practice follower.I found many of my goods in completely damage condition & the delivered Goods were received two days late from the committed date and that too in different vehicle.Two beds ,one wardrobe & one computer table and child cycle were completely broken .My bike also got damaged for which i paid 4000 rs. in repairing it.After many mail and phone calls they send one person from there office stating that they will repair my goods and give it back to me, finally they took this articles & didn't return it back and also they are not responding. In between one of there executive offered me 10000 rs against my min claim of 25000. But even 10000 rs also they didn't gave me and now no one is responding.
    What should i do kindly help me out.

Rakesh Singh
  • vasunth2vasunth2 Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    We have transported our household articles from Mysore to Mangalore on 20/7/2011 through Agarwal Packers and Movers (SE). On unpacking the items in Mangalore, we observed that the wooden sofa set was damaged. We immediately informed the movers regarding this, but our calls have been constantly ignored by them. We seek a replacement or payment to make up for the damage sustained by the item. The sofa is worth Rs. 40000 and we would like to be compensated by this amount.

Bill no. 4053848

Suresh Babu
  • Sachin_fzdSachin_fzd Junior Member
    edited May 2012

I want to register a complaint against Hindustan Packers and Movers-Ghaziabad(09810219180), I booked my goods on 4th May'12 damaged and they deliver the goods on 11th but in damaged condition. Most of the house hold goods were damaged and dented out while shifting from ghaziabad to chennai. They have taken the full payment of 27 k on 4th itself. I had provided a list of items affected to them at the same time(few items like Dining table glass, almirah dented out, TV trolly damaged, sofa set leg broken and scratched all sides, bike main stand and fuel tank, deewan scartched all sides, purit(water purifire)etc, ..). Now they are dening to compansate anything for that. Since then I called them so many times and requested to compentiate or do some repair work to these items but all in vain.

I want to move to consumer court for that. What needs to be done so that I can get the justice. Pls help me out.

Sachin Sharma
    9940416643::{
  • edited July 2012
    We shifted our goods from Mumbai to bangalore few days back with Agarwal packers and movers and

they said that the 19 feet truck container lock will open at my door in Bangalore. Howevr when it

reached we found that they opened it on the way to bangalore and loaded the goods of other

people and damaged our goods. Our computer table was totally brokn. When the agarwal

packers n movers guys wr packing the goods in mumbai i requested them to pack the computer table properly bt

the packing guy was really cheap and ill manner and said "no, it will go this way, we wont pack it, u dont tell, we know how to do,

we know how to shift"...n put his leg on it.

Now when we r contacting Mumbai incharge My. Arvind , he is saying that it can happend, we

loaded other persons goods, so what. We do this way only. The truck driver was saying that to earn extra money they hv to do.
    I think a group of people in Mumbai agarwal packers and movers running some fraud thing, Because one Mr. Sharma, who gave quote to us said that we need 19 feet truck whereas our goods need 14 feet as Mr.Zakir in Bangalore told us. He was saying that its our fauls nthat we took such a big truck.

I would like to suggest, specially to women, not to tke agarwal pckers service because these

pepel are really dirty n do not know how to behave with a lady...any ugly behaviour you can

expect frm them...SO PLZ BEWRE....

Its really very insulting to talk to tyhem....

M even afraid to talk to them...its kind of gundagardi....
  • edited July 2012
    One packers and movers named aGARWAL SPEED LINK PACKERS AND MOVERS running fraud bussiness in the name of AGARWAL PACKERS AND MOVERS LTD. When we call a guy from agarwal packers and movers , he said they are from agarwal packers and movers but when my goods damaged badly after reaching from bangalore FROM MUMBAI, i called AGARWAL PACKERS AND MOVERS LTD and came to know that there are many agarwal packers and movers in india that running fraud bussiness out of the origical AGARWAL PACKERS AND MOVERS LTD. hOWEVER, WHEN I CALLED THAT AGARWAL SPEED LONK PACKERS AND MOVERS , THE GUY SAID THAT "YES THEY ARE THE SISTER CONCERN OF AGARWAL PACKERS AND MOVERS LTD"...WHEN I WHEN I WENT TO DETAIN HE SAI..."I M JUST A EMPLOYEE MADAM, I DO NOT SAY ANYTHING...."

BE VERY CAREFULL OF FRAUDS....
  • edited September 2012
    We shifted our goods from Surat to Delhi few days back with Apex packers and movers . apex packers & Movers assured me that i have not to do any thing. I have just ot sit and they will pack my goods and unpack at delhi in the same manner as they are here in Surat.They have transferred my goods within 7 days. When it is reached to Delhi in front of my house, the truck driver told me that the person for unloading goods from Apex packers & Movers were not coming and he had to hire some person from near by to unload my goods. Anyhow he had hired 3 persons from nearby to unload my goods. They have only unloaded my goods and not unpacked. I was having one bed and one central table which was dismentaled by them. they told that they will assemble same in Delhi in same manner. When i called to Apex packers & Movers they told me that you hire some one for the same and they wound pay for it.I hired one person who had charged 500 Rupees. When i unpacked my goods i found that some of my goods were lost as my helmet, my carpet and many small items. When i called Apex they told that my helmet was missed there in Surat in their office and they wound send the same to me and remaining amount they will transfer in my account. for that they had took my account no. also. But in spite of calling so many times neither the helmet nor the money has come to me. I have still not signed receiver copy of goods. What should i do to make up loss? Worst service by Apex packers and Movers.
  • rishikapooritrishikapoorit Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    I am Rishi Kapoor. I was to shift from Bangalore to Gaziabad/Noida and engaged the services of GK Express Packers and Movers ,Mr. Joginder Sharma is the owner and the address of the company is H.No 663 Veeranna layout,Yelahanka main road,Dasarahalli,H.A Farm Post,Bangalore-24.The household goods were transported on 17/07/2012 on lorry no-HR 52AC 705 and consignment note 011 . The hosehold goods were packed under very haphazard manner . The household goods were received at Gaziabad and it was noticed that cartons were torn and wet,wodden items are broken and there is lots of dent on it. The arrangement of the items in the truck was different than when loaded indicating shifting. The items appeared to have been thrown around leading to tearing of cartons and breaking of wooden items and others. Some small items had slipped out of the broken cartons through the hole in the bottom of the truck. On unpacking, TV trolley wheels etc was found broken. The company rep not accepting that it is there fault and also some of the cartons box and items are still missing and promised me that it will be delived soon. However, there has been no action as yet. Some of the other damage noticed after the company rep had gone included breaking of glass of mirrors and others as mentioned below. On approaching the company office in Bangalore (Joginder Sharma), the response form the company is hardly encouraging. none of the e-mails have been responded. On enquiring telephonic ally the response is same that more time is required. The mental harassment by the company is very high. I seek action from the company through your forum.
    As of now for your information following items are still missing.

1) Item 30-01 box having cost in the range of Rs 35,000/- to Rs 40,000/- .The items include 02 ceiling fans,01-Iron press,Cook & serve casroles,Non stick cook ware,Kids benten bottle and tiffin box,Water bottle (cello),03-Door mat,Tea set,06-refrigerator bottle etc.
    2) Item 55-01 box item is adjusted in 02 box ,among which 01 box item is received but another one is still missing that contains extension board,pegs,01-casrole set ,other small kitchen items like surf (3-4 kgs),diswasher,soaps,hanging clip,01-dustbin etc.
    3) Item 65-01 Plastic table
    4) item 37-01 Iron rod of central table is missing and thus all the parts of the table cannot be joined together and for information the cost of central table cost is Rs 4000/-

Beside this following are the list of the damage items
    1) 01 T.V trolly-02 wheels are damaged
    2) 01 Wooden table-Big
    3) 01 Wooden table-small.
    4) 01-Big mirror
    5) 01 Casrole set
    6) Dent on dressing table and double bed.
    7) 01 Kid bicycle.
    8) 01 big stainles steel plate
    9) 01 big stainless steel bowl.

NOTE:-95% boxes that I received till date are open and wet with water
  • rishikapooritrishikapoorit Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    As of now for your information following items are still missing.

3) Item 65-01 Plastic table

Beside this following are the list of the damage items
    1) 01 T.V trolly-02 wheels are damaged
    2) 01 Wooden table-Big
    3) 01 Wooden table-small.
    4) 01-Big mirror
    5) 01 Casrole set
    6) Dent on dressing table and double bed.
    7) 01 Kid bicycle.
    8) 01 big stainles steel plate
    9) 01 big stainless steel bowl.

NOTE:-95% boxes that I received till date are open and wet with water

MOb:8860004477
  • ruchika19840@gmail.comruchika19840@gmail.com Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    Inspite of my regular enquires over phone as well as on mail, I am not receiving the bill of the service given.
    I am having all the mails sent to them asking for the same. Their repective heads- Mr Mukesh-bangalore and Miss Shweta -hyderabad both of them have stopped picking my calls.
    Even if they receive it they cut the call as soon as i start talking.
    I had taken their service to moving my goods from hyderabad to bangalore. And some delivery guy came and delivered the good , took the money but they didnot give me the bills. As they said their job is to only deliver and collect money. They are not aware of the paper work.
    That instant all these hyderabad+bangalore people have assured me that they will courier me the bill. later mailed to contact Mr Mukesh and get from him.
    And now none of them is responding. I have to submit those bills by October last week in my office and they are behaving and showing such a disgusting behaviour.
    I request you to please Do something.
    Bill Amount = 8000/-
    Ruchika
    Dear Sir , I got my household goods transported from Patna To Haridwar on 29th . My goods were received in damaged condition . My I nverter Battery was totally damaged and fridge along with few missing items which I came to know later. The Manager o Haridwar visited my house , assesed the scenario and took samples but 3 days has gone by but no review or repair was done instead they say that damage was outside and not inside so they dont take responsibility for yhe same and offered me 500 . There was due post dated check of 5th july which I stopped in lieu of damages and told them that will pay the same later when damages are repaired. Now they are harassing me with litigation and several calls and also no repair of damages is being undertaken .I am living in nightmarish condition with no lights during power cuts which are quite often in haridwar. My small child 5 months of age and family is suffering a lot for yhe same . Kindly let me know what lehal action can I take in lieu of these mental agony
  • edited January 2014
    i am not satisfy on your dilivery
  • edited January 2014
    reliance communication channel partner voice bpo address-A/17 gf 60 foota road pul pehlaad pur new delhi phone number-9555799996,7827277774 email-voicebpo.reliance@gmail.com

sir,my phone no. 9312835030 attended a call from no. 8467946964 sails woman says that you will received matching new no. from your no.and that no. is 9313835030
    on 14-1-2014 i visit by deepak{aditya sharma no.- 8471066546} then he give me receipt no.-11057 and take RS 500 cash and give me sim no.-recruc059262350omh and inform me that your sim connected to reliance by 16-1-2014.i give documents{passport"s photocopy and bank statement} by firm harshit plastic prop. at pradeep shrivastav

till today my sim not connectedi i inform you that my documents will not put in wrong hands by reliance company or other people.plaesetake an action on this.

contact no-9312835030
  • edited May 2014

With due respect and humble submission i would like state that i am an ex-student of Shridhar university Pilani Rajasthan i had pass out my graduation in the year 2013
    bearing enrollment number J10BAGEN00016474 and SL NO 31325 584 from this university.I would like to verify my graduation document therefore i kindly request your esteem authority to suggest me the processor to verify my educational document.

Your prompt action on this will be highly regarded/-

Bishal Saha