Complaint against Sterling Resorts

sagar.m.shahsagar.m.shah Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Tour and Travels
I have been fed up of the sterling resorts after-sales service now. It's not been even 3 weeks so far. I have not received welcome kit or any welcome call or event customer number from Sterling and I am no longer interested in getting these things as well. I just want to cancel my membership after experiencing last miserable couple of weeks and get my money back.

On April 9, 2012, I purchased a membership after a condition that if I am not satisfied for any reason I can cancel my membership within 5 days and in that case money will be refunded back. This is the term put in front by Sales Executive Mr. Jesal Barot. and he insisted me to use credit card for down payment (over Rs. 20000/-) on same date, since offer will not be available on a later date.
Since Apr. 11, 2012, I am following up with that sales executive Mr. Barot and he is not answering my calls or even responding to my mails after hearing that I want to cancel my membership. It has been 2 weeks now and no one is replying back with any updates on this complaint.
I have put up a mail @ feedback@sterlingholidays.com, holidays@sterlingholidays.com and online.care@sterlingholidays.com. I am just getting mail in reply that an executive will get in touch with me, but so far I have not received any mail, call from anyone. I tried calling customer care number and also put up complaint on site's feedback form, but so far I have not received any welcome kit or call as well from Sterling Holidays. Some times I feel like this company behaves like a company ONLY ON PAPER. I have not received any customer number as well so far.
I just want to close my membership and get my money back as it was agreed upon. I don't know how these people behave so cheaply and putting entire company's reputation at stake.

I now realized that these guys have a strategy of coming to home with great offers which is valid for very short time not extendible even for a day ahead and then grab your money and then just escape. They claim they are competing with Club Mahindra, I don't see that in any way now. They are just behaving like thieves who have taken your money and now running away from you.

If any one can help me on this context then please help me on getting me my down payment refunded. I do not want to see any further debit transaction or any kind of charge on my credit card as that sales person has my credit card details as well.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Dear Mr.sagar.m.shah

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. We have looked into your response and are on the job. We shall revert back to you at the earliest.

Regards

The Sterling Holidays team.
  • tobintobin Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    I had been for an exhibition at BKC (Bandra Kurla Complex)on 27th April 2012. i met one of the Sterling holiday executives who mentioned that there is a special offer available only for that particular day and that i could give it a thought and cancel within 10 days and receive a refund of the entire amount. the amount collected from me was Rs21,098.00 via credit card.

I got back to them on 29th April 2012 i.e 2 days later. The executive i had spoken to mentioned that i will have to meet one of his seniors from his branch(Kandivali). He organised for the meeting to happen at their office at Vile Parle. However his senior, Hiral Vedh did not arrive, nor did i receive and communication that she will not arrive. i then called the executive who signed me up. who asked me to meet anyone from the vile parle office. which i did. The guys at the Vile Palre office asked me to send a mail to feedback@sterlingholidays.com. i send them a mail on 04th May 2012. i was asked for my registration number which wasn't given to me in the first place. i then inquired about the same from the executive who signed me up. he confirmed that i had not been registered. when i got back they asked me for my application number which the executive did not have. i informed the guys i was writing to about the same. this continued for quite a few days . on the17th May i finally received a call from Nuour, the guys who got me signed up, who finally gave me the application number : 5532. i wrote the same day to their correspondence team but i haven't heard from them since then.

• edited June 2012
    My story isnt different from millions on this site. My lawyer is already done with legal formalities and cheating case will be registered against you guys.
    It was today when some Avinash called me and confirmed that I can use my holidays only after 4 installments are paid. Well I would paid the entire amount provided I was informed. this is an absolute cheating. Apart from this Shivani Sharma had promised a lot of freebies like free 21 days with RCI per year for the next 2 years, some meal vouchers, some extra days in vouchers etc. However when I asked her to document this, she has not replied to any of my mails.

This is misselling on Sterling holidays and I would want to cancel this right now with no retention calls please since the last call from Avinash was more of a threat.

Please cancel my membership with immediate effect.

Bhaveen
  • edited June 2012
    Dear Mr. Tobin,

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the problem you faced. We value feedback from our customers as it helps us carry out improvements in our services. We hope that we have been able to address your concerns.
    If there is any further assistance we can offer you, do let us know.

Regards,

The Sterling Holidays Team.

• edited July 2012
    This is related to Bookings with Sterling Holidays, I had recently become member and the booking process itself have left me disappointed and worst service I have ever seen I would say, First of all the Dates they give as hotel bookings will be totally different from the dates you request, for example I stay in Mumbai and I wanted to have vacation in Lonavala which is like 1 hour drive so usually best days are weekends but sterling team is giving me days on weekdays when schools are there and also no holidays from office too, i tried giving in a month all weekend dates and they gave me dates on weekdays for current and next month which is totally useless as I need the freedom to go on the dates that i wish, i think better is to plan using makemytrip.com and book own hotels and go as anyway the dates dont match.

I have been sending repeated sms and emails but no solution, fed up now I have also asked for cancellation of my membership, lets see how that process goes, will keep you guys updated on it.

Now I am reading in this forum that you need to make some installments then only booking is possible, this even i was not told so i am not sure if that is the case. anyway the concept i didnt like that i cannot choose my own dates for vacation as what is the point in vacation then when you are not free to choose your own dates...

I am totally fed up, beware of Sterling Holidays
  • jitenjiten Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    I too have faced lot of problems with Sterling Holidays from day of taking membership… thought of sharing it to make others aware of such frauds & get some information from readers.
    Sales executive Mr. Ayan had given spot offer for INR 17985/- (on 1-Mar-12) adding there will be lots of freebies like meal & travel vouchers, etc. He had promised to deliver welcome kit within a week & if we don't like features, we can cancel in 10days & no charges will be deducted. However I got welcome kit after 45days. He did not convey about the conditions on start of the package (like it starts after 18months for 48months EMI option), joining complimentary vouchers can be used only after 3 EMI's, and list goes on…. Infact he shared all misleading & totally incorrect information as well as charges for RCI membership. He had went a step ahead to offer 25-30% discounts in air tickets if booked through Sterling, sight seeing at INR 750/- at all of the Sterling resorts & that too for total package days….

I realized that he had cheated when i got welcome call from Customer Care. So am struggling to cancel membership from almost 3months, but not getting any response from customer care. They just tell concern team will get in touch in 2 working days, but have not heard anything from them.

I would appreciate if anyone can pls. guide on how to speed-up cancellation process OR contact information about the concerned team.
    Also i would request all reader "Pls. don't get dragged away by such offers" as they have worse service when it comes to solving "Complaints"

Thanks in advance
    Jiten
  • edited July 2012
    Dear Mr. Jiten,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. Thank You for writing in, hope we were able to address your query. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in future.

Sincerely,
    The Sterling Holidays Team
  • edited August 2012
    I Sanjay Sala taken Vacation Ownership Plan (Cust. ID-1206328) from sterling Holidays on 10th May 2012 from Sarfraz Khan (sales manager, Vashi branch), but due to Family and financial and family problems I have applied for cancellation of Plan with Sarfraz very next day and following it since then but still there is no proper response. After cancellation also THEY have deducted 2 EMI’s of Rs. 5578 each from my account on 21-06-2012 & 21-07-2012 that is total of Rs. 11156. Also I have made initial payment of Rs.10000 on 10-05-2012 and Rs. 11098 on 14-05-12.

I also called their call centre number 044 33997777 on 20-07-2012 and 24-07-2012 but they don’t provide detail status of my cancellation.

It’s almost more than 3 months; kindly somebody guide me what to do to get my refunds.
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Sanjay Sala,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. We have noted down your concern and our Customer Relations Executive will get in touch with you shortly.

Sincerely,

• edited August 2012
    I too have faced lot of problems with Sterling Holidays from day of taking membership… thought of sharing it to make others aware of such frauds & get some information from readers.

Sales executive Mr. Parminder Singh & Sanjeev Kappor at Raghuleela Mall Kandivali (W) had given spot offer for RED Studio Apartment for Rs. 3,63,825/- with 10% down Payments of Rs. 36,383/- on 12th June 2012 adding lots of freebies like 26' Inch LCD, meal & travel vouchers, etc. However, within 7 days i went to their office and asked for cancellation. Again they convinced me that cancellation is not possible which they didn't convey at the time of registration and if cancelled now, i will not get refund of my Down payment & any freebies that offered at the time of registration. They told me that instead i use their services by paying another four Installments of Rs. 9619/- each and if i don't like their service then i can cancelled their membership. With this arrangement i could get your 26" Inch LCD,RCI Memebrship for 2 years and 2 International Holiday. Infact they shared all misleading & totally incorrect information as well as charges for RCI membership. They had went a step ahead to offer 25-30% discounts in air tickets if booked through Sterling, sight seeing at INR 750/- at all of the Sterling resorts & that too for total package days….

However even after 2 Months i have not still received any document from their Chennai or mumbai Office. Sales persons who registerd me are not picking up my phoine and promising to get all within next few days. Now i am convinced that i have to cancelled my membership.

After getting this site I realized that they had cheated many people using fake services, freebies and bad word for Club Mahindra.

I would appreciate if all of us can share information to fight against sterling and prevent them from cheating people.
    Also i would request all reader "Pls. don't run after the freebies & offers " especially Sterling who does not fulfilled their promises.

I f any on has solution for this please contact me
    Shankar - 9820044684.
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Shankar Pawar,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. We have noted down your concern and our Customer Relations Executive will get in touch with you shortly.

Sincerely,

• parmarlegalismparmarlegalism Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    -

Dear Sir/Madam,

We will help & guide you to get back your
    refund of Membership Amount.

Call between 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
    Parmar Legalism
    Advocates, Consultants & Trademark Attorney

Email id: parmarlegalism@yahoo.com
    Maharashtra, Mumbai
    India.
  • pavan069pavan069 Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    COMPLAINT ABOUT STERLING HOLIDAY RESORTS LTD

We were invited by Sterling Resorts Telemarketing person in the first week of June 2012 . We met sales person Mr. Sanjeev on 9th Of June 2012 at Sterling office in Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali, Mumbai.
    He explained to us about Sterling Resorts 25 Years Membership. We backed out saying that in that case, we would not be interested. Then he spoke to his manager and came back saying that he got a special approval for us. He said we had to pay up 10% down payment of the total amount Rs 242550 now ie Rs 24225 and 4 EMIs. We were not interested in this since we did not want to commit 4 EMIs as well. We backed out again. He went into the cabin again & came back again saying that we could enjoy the sterling holidays for 2 years with only 10% down payment and that we need not pay 4 EMIs.
    Hence, the final sales promise made to us :
    1. 2N/3D + 2N/3D + 2N/3D + 2N/3D – travel during the Red season.
    2. RCI 3 weeks bonus holidays – Exchange Fees Payable
    3. Croma voucher Rs 8000,
    4. Rs 1000 food voucher,
    5. Rs 20000 suraj diamond voucher
    We felt this is an unbelievable offer and clarified with Sanjeev if no EMIs are to be paid for which he assured us that no EMIs have to be paid. To drive home this point, he also said that Sterling holidays was not actively seeking customers for 2-3 years and now they are coming back with a bang and so this special offer of 2 years. We were told the offer is valid only if we pay up immediately, hence we swiped our credit card for Rs 24255.

We signed an application form which mentioned above sales promises. Also he asked me to sign a Credit Card Approval or some such form which I signed. This he said that it was for the payment of 10% that we had paid was approved by us.(Later on this was used to fill up EMI details without my consent). All this while it was clear that we have not opted for EMI option and we would get the welcome kit with the promised offer within 15 days.
    The ordeal started when we did not receive the welcome kit even after 20 days. I was following up with Mr. Sanjeev, and he said it would come any moment. Was giving all sorts of reasons for the delay. Later, he stopped taking my calls. Then I started following up with his manager. I checked on sterling website and found few email ids ie reservations and feedback and started sending emails following up for my welcome kit. On July 14 I got an email saying that the welcome kit would reach in 15 days time.
    In July last week, I received a welcome call from Sterling in which we were told to pay up our 1st EMI in the month of August or so. I was shocked and told her that we didn’t have to pay any EMI and also told her that we had not received the Kit yet and told her to arrange for the refund of the amount that we had made because, we felt that we were being taken a for a ride. Next day, we received the courier from Sterling with the membership kit with membership number 120XXXX. We were shocked to see that the holiday entitlement is valid from Jan 2014(!) and the promised Croma voucher of Rs 8000, RCI holiday voucher etc were not included in the welcome kit.
    On receiving the welcome kit, the truth has come out that we had been made false promises and we would not get any of the service promises made. This is deficiency of service from Sterling Holidays and its front end sales team. To make matters worse, on Aug 7th, the first EMI of Rs 6412 was also debited to my credit card.

We brought this to notice of senior officials in sales and customer care of Sterling resorts Mumbai who made enquiries with the Kandivali sales team but said they have not done anything wrong, it is we who have made the mistake. However, they have promised to refund the EMI amount (don’t know how many follow-ups are required for that). However, they have flatly refused to refund my downpayment of Rs 24225 citing some technical reason of not seeking cancellation within 7 days after downpayment (which we were not informed at all earlier by anyone). How does one expect to cancel within 7 days, when the welcome call came after more than a month and the welcome kit itself which carried all the details of the membership came after two months. Till then, we believed we would be given as per commitment made earlier. We once again reiterate that we have been led into this with misinformation, and the entire transaction should be null and void.
    As the Sterling management does not want to return our money, we need your help get refund of our hard earned money of Rs 30667.
    Pavan Kumar
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Pavan Kumar,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. Our Executive has been in touch with you. Hope we were able to address your concern. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in future.

Regards,
    edited August 2012
    Dear Sterling Holidays Junior Member
    My complaint above was registered after your executive was in touch with me without giving any solution, which I have already expressed above.
    Also about 3 days ago, I got a call and an email from [EMAIL="'reservations@sterling"]'reservations@sterling[/EMAIL]resorts.com saying the issue will be resolved 'on or before 22.08.2012'. No one has called me up or updated anything since then. Pls refund my amount urgently.
    Regards
    Pavan Kumar
  • akchoudhuriakchoudhuri Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Dear Mr.Sagar,

I am Alok Choudhuri and we sail in the same boat. Sterling Holidays has No Business Ethics and they train their Sales People on the art of Conning people like us and vanish with our hard earned money. No amount of writing to them would earn any yield as they put a Rhinoceros to shame with there Thick Skin Attitude. All you will receive like me are stock mails with the same message under the Email Banner of Reservations with a New Con Person's Name Each Time. Moreover they also should be given credit for their Lying Abilities. The More A Lies A Con (oops) Sales Person Speak at Sterling Holidays the Faster He Grows in the Hierarchy of Sterling Holidays.

I have been writing and calling to the Sterling Holidays People for the last one month with copies to Consumer Forum, My Bankers and Bloomberg TV which rakes such issues but to no avail until now.

Its high time that we join hands and sue this company for all the Monetary Losses & Mental Agony caused to us. I am creating a Blog against Sterling Holidays and would solicit all alike patrons to participate and render their agonies.

Though I do not expect call From The Senior Most Con(oops) Sales Personal from the company but would definitely not surprised to find a unsigned note from the Reservation Mail Id of Sterling stating they are happy to note our message and would look into the matter ( WHICH WOULD NEVER HAPPEN).

Lets join hands against these Crooks friend...

Alok Choudhuri
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Pavan Kumar,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. Our Executive has been in touch with you. Hope we were able to address your concern. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in future.

Regards,
    edited August 2012
    Dear Nameless Junior Member of Sterling resorts
    You have again replied to my concern by an automated reply like
    No one has contacted me yesterday and my concern is not addressed
  • edited August 2012
    I have written the mail on 22th August 2012 but no response is received from Sterling till 25th August 2012. Your standard reply does serve the purpose. No Document and service are provided. I am reprducing the letter written to feedback@sterlingholidays.com.

Dear Mr.Vinay Singh, Customer Relation Manager,

I have received your mail dated 17th August 2012 wherein you have stated that as per clause 12a of membership rules I would not be eligible for refund on cancellation of my membership.

In this respect I would like to bring to your noticed that I have not received any copy of membership application or any membership rules. This fact was repeatedly informed to Mr.Sanjeev Kapoor, Sales Executive, Mr.Parminder Singh,Take over manager & Mr.Jayant Ramaswamy, Regional Manager via phone, email and personally. No one has provided me the copy of my application form except false promises and assurances.

I would like to summarize my experience with your company as under:

a) Misleading the customer under special offer scheme.

b) No copy of customer application form provided at the time of registration.

c) Fraudulently taken signature for authorization of EMI on the Credit card under the pretence of down payment. I signed an application form given to me by Sales Executive Mr. Sanjeev Kappor. He had asked me to sign a Credit Card Approval or some such form which I signed. This he said that it was for the 10% down payment which was approved by me. Later this form was used to fill up EMI details without my consent. This was the fraud intentionally committed by the Sales Executives. They were not fair and ethical while dealing with the customer.

d) Unfair trade Practices- -Use unfair and deceptive practice to promote Sales by giving false information in respect of cancellation of membership application form within 7 days.

On the 4th day i.e 15th June 2012 after the registration, I went to submit the letter for cancellation of my registration at Raghuleela Mall, Unit No.339, 1st Floor, Kandivali(W) Mumbai. However, Mr.Parminder Singh,Takeover Manager refused to acknowledge that letter and told me that cancellation was not possible at that stage. Further, he told me that if I would cancel now, I would not get any refund of down payment of Rs. 36,383/- as well as offer given as freebies. I asked him for the customer application copy to verify the terms & condition which was not provided to me. Instead of providing me with the form, they used unfair and deceptive practice for the purpose of promoting their sales. They told me that application form was sent for processing at Chennai office and I will get that copy alongwith the Welcome Kit. Further, they told me that to cancel the membership I have to pay 4 EMI so that I would get all the freebies as offered above. Fear of losing Rs. 36,383/-, I accepted their arguments and agreed to wait for 45 days for welcome kit and copy of application form.

e) The Company has violated the right to be informed to the Consumer.
    As per companies record, my form was kept on hold since 5th July 2012. It was never reached to the stage to process welcome kit. (This fact was brought to my knowledge by Mr. Vinay Singh Customer Relation Manager only on 13thAugust 2012 at the time of filling customer feedback form for cancellation of membership). The status of my form i.e kept on hold was never communicated to me even after expiry of 60 days and number of follow-ups.

f) False and misleading information given for welcome kit.

g) Fraudulently charged EMI on credit card on 7th August 2012 even before issue of Welcome Kit. No intimation/information given to me for charge of EMI on Credit Card.

h) Promises to the customer guarantee of the performance, efficacy or length of life of a product that is not based on an adequate or proper test.

i) No service was received as promised.

Therefore, request you to consider my application for refund of down payment amounting to Rs. 36,383/- as well as EMI amounting to Rs. 9,619/- on the following grounds:

i. I had applied for cancellation within 7 days (on 15th June 2012 which was 4th day after the registration).

ii. Fraudulently taken authorization for EMI payment and also it was charged when Welcome kit was not processed even after 45 days and more particularly, application form was kept on hold.

iii. Further, I have not received any kind of document or Service from your company which was promised to me against the above payment. Hence, by natural justice also I am eligible for refund.

Please do not solicit your marketing tactics & unfair trade practice. Already, once I was trapped in your scheme, hence I will not reconsider my decision to cancel the membership. Request you to process the application of cancellation of membership and refund the amount due to me.

I expect my cancellation of membership form should be communicated to me in written.

I request all the members to beware of Sterling Holidays Resorts (I ) Ltd from my experience with these persons who are Sitting at Raghuleela Mall, Unit No.339, 1st Floor, Kandivali(W) Mumbai.
    jayant.ramaswamy@sterlingholidays.com M-9820646874 Regianal manager
    parminder.singh@sterlingholidays.com M-9619439322 Takeover Manager
    Sanjeev Kappor, M-9561520863 Sales Executive
    vinay.singh@sterlingholidays.com[/email] Tel -022-33481277 -Customer Relation Manager

Further, if you are experienced with such kind of fraud, please first intimate to the Credit Card for stop payment of EMI. Note down all your experience. You can complaint to the Consumer Court / RBI / Credit Card Company as well as to the following.

Consumer Guidance Society
    of India,
    J-Block, Azad Maidan,
    Mahapalika Marg, Opp. Cama Hospital,
    Mumbai-400001. (Maharashtra)
    Tel: 91-22-22621612, Fax: 22659715
    Email: cgsibom@mtnl.net.in
    Contact Person: Prof. N.M. Rajadhyaksha, Chairman

Mumbai Grahak Panchayat
    Grahak Bhavan, Sant Dnyaneshwar Marg, Behind Cooper Hospital,
    Ville Parle (West)
    Mumbai-400056 (Maharashtra)
    Tel: 022-26288624, 26281832
    Fax: 022-26250916, 26700897
    Email: mgp@bom5.vsnl.net.in , mgpanchayat@hotmail.com,
    Contact Person: Dr. R.J. Gujarathi, Chairman

If still justice is not received, internet world is open for you.
    Pray for Justice. If the company is not responding, then there is no other way but to file legal suit against the company.
    In case if you have similar kinds of compalints please mail me to pawar.shankar@gmail.com

Shankar Pawar
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Bhaveen,

Regards,
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Mr. Sanjay Sala,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays. Thank You for writing in. Hope we were able to address your concern. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in future.

Sincerely,
  • giaiphaptoancaugiaiphaptoancau Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Greetings from Sterling Holidays. Thank You for writing in. Hope we were able to address your concern. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in future.

edited September 2012
    Dear Sagar Shah,

Sterling Holidays modus operandi is to hire either conmens or they prepare conmens in the skin of sales personnel to cheat us of our hard earned money and stay Scott free scouting for more innocent souls to cheat for.

Apprehend these portals mean nothing more than a piece of garbage for them as all you would find is readymade cut and paste responses for any/all queries / complaints minus any valid signature

All this speak volumes of their Professional Ethics (Conning Ethics rather).

By a copy of this mail I would request all readers to join hands and expose these cheaters to the masses. My number is 9930006967 and I shall be waiting for all the victims or would be victims to help me expose these conmens from STERLING HOLIDAYS.

Awaiting co-operation from one and all..

Regards,

A.K.Choudhuri
    Mobile : + 91 99300 005957

I have been fed up of the sterling resorts after-sales service now. It's not been even 3 weeks so far. I have not received welcome kit or any welcome call or event customer number from Sterling and I am no longer interested in getting these things as well. I just want to cancel my membership after experiencing last miserable couple of weeks and get my money back.

On April 9, 2012, I purchased a membership after a condition that if I am not satisfied for any reason I can cancel my membership within 5 days and in that case money will be refunded back. This is the term put in front by Sales Executive Mr. Jesal Barot. and he insisted me to use credit card for down payment (over Rs. 20000/-) on same date, since offer will not be available on a later date.
    Since Apr. 11, 2012, I am following up with that sales executive Mr. Barot and he is not answering my calls or even responding to my mails after hearing that I want to cancel my membership. It has been 2 weeks now and no one is replying back with any updates on this complaint.
    I have put up a mail @ feedback@sterlingholidays.com, holidays@sterlingholidays.com and online.care@sterlingholidays.com. I am just getting mail in reply that an executive will get in touch with me, but so far I have not received any mail, call from anyone. I tried calling customer care number and also put up complaint on site's feedback form, but so far I have not received any welcome kit or call as well from Sterling Holidays. Some times I feel like this company behaves like a company ONLY ON PAPER. I have not received any customer number as well so far.
    I just want to close my membership and get my money back as it was agreed upon. I don't know how these people behave so cheaply and putting entire company's reputation at stake.

I now realized that these guys have a strategy of coming to home with great offers which is valid for very short time not extendible even for a day ahead and then grab your money and then just escape. They claim they are competing with Club Mahindra, I don't see that in any way now. They are just behaving like thieves who have taken your money and now running away from you.

If any one can help me on this context then please help me on getting me my down payment refunded. I do not want to see any further debit transaction or any kind of charge on my credit card as that sales person has my credit card details as well.
    edited September 2012
    Dear Mr.Shankar Pawar,

Sterling Holidays modus operandi is to hire either conmens or they prepare conmens in the skin of sales personnel to cheat us of our hard earned money and stay Scott free scouting for more innocent souls to cheat for. Have you checked the credentials of the people whose numbers had been given. These are official cheats of Sterling Holidays who get commission from the company to cheat as many people as they can. They will never respond with their names and numbers because they themselves aren't sure about their lasting in the company. The conning team of Mumbai also comprise of one Prabal Saxena and some Thakkar too who has cheated me like the way you have quoted. I am sure we would need support from some prominent personalities from the political fraternity to kick companies like Sterling Holidays out of business so that the common man's hard earned money is saved from cheating by these crooks.

Apprehend publishing's in these portals mean nothing more than a piece of garbage for them as all you would find is readymade cut and paste responses for any/all queries / complaints minus any valid signature

All this speak volumes of their Professional Ethics (Conning Ethics rather).

By a copy of this mail I would request all readers to join hands and expose these cheaters to the masses. My number is 9930006967 and I shall be waiting for all the victims or would be victims to help me expose these conmens from STERLING HOLIDAYS.

Awaiting co-operation from one and all..

Regards,

A.K.Choudhuri
    Mobile : + 91 99300 005957
    akchoudhuri@gmail.com

I have written the mail on 22th August 2012 but no response is received from Sterling till 25th August 2012. Your standard reply does serve the purpose. No Document and service are provided. I am reprducing the letter written to feedback@sterlingholidays.com.

Dear Mr.Vinay Singh, Customer Relation Manager,

I have received your mail dated 17th August 2012 wherein you have stated that as per clause 12a of membership rules I would not be eligible for refund on cancellation of my membership.

In this respect I would like to bring to your noticed that I have not received any copy of membership application or any membership rules. This fact was repeatedly informed to Mr.Sanjeev Kapoor, Sales Executive, Mr.Parminder Singh,Take over manager & Mr.Jayant Ramaswamy, Regional Manager via phone, email and personally. No one has provided me the copy of my application form except false promises and assurances.

I would like to summarize my experience with your company as under:

a) Misleading the customer under special offer scheme.

b) No copy of customer application form provided at the time of registration.

c) Fraudulently taken signature for authorization of EMI on the Credit card under the pretence of down payment. I signed an application form given to me by Sales Executive Mr. Sanjeev Kappor. He had asked me to sign a Credit Card Approval or some such form which I signed. This he said that it was for the 10% down payment which was approved by me. Later this form was used to fill up EMI details without my consent. This was the fraud intentionally committed by the Sales Executives. They were not fair and ethical while dealing with the customer.

d) Unfair trade Practices- -Use unfair and deceptive practice to promote Sales by giving false information in respect of cancellation of membership application form within 7 days.

On the 4th day i.e 15th June 2012 after the registration, I went to submit the letter for cancellation of my registration at Raghuleela Mall, Unit No.339, 1st Floor, Kandivali(W) Mumbai. However, Mr.Parminder Singh,Takeover Manager refused to acknowledge that letter and told me that cancellation was not possible at that stage. Further, he told me that if I would cancel now, I would not get any refund of down payment of Rs. 36,383/- as well as offer given as freebies. I asked him for the customer application copy to verify the terms & condition which was not provided to me. Instead of providing me with the form, they used unfair and deceptive practice for the purpose of promoting their sales. They told me that application form was sent for processing at Chennai office and I will get that copy alongwith the Welcome Kit. Further, they told me that to cancel the membership I have to pay 4 EMI so that I would get all the freebies as offered above. Fear of losing Rs. 36,383/-, I accepted their arguments and agreed to wait for 45 days for welcome kit and copy of application form.

e) The Company has violated the right to be informed to the Consumer.
    As per companies record, my form was kept on hold since 5th July 2012. It was never reached to the stage to process welcome kit. (This fact was brought to my knowledge by Mr. Vinay Singh Customer Relation Manager only on 13thAugust 2012 at the time of filling customer feedback form for cancellation of membership). The status of my form i.e kept on hold was never communicated to me even after expiry of 60 days and number of follow-ups.

f) False and misleading information given for welcome kit.

g) Fraudulently charged EMI on credit card on 7th August 2012 even before issue of Welcome Kit. No intimation/information given to me for charge of EMI on Credit Card.

h) Promises to the customer guarantee of the performance, efficacy or length of life of a product that is not based on an adequate or proper test.

i) No service was received as promised.

Therefore, request you to consider my application for refund of down payment amounting to Rs. 36,383/- as well as EMI amounting to Rs. 9,619/- on the following grounds:

i. I had applied for cancellation within 7 days (on 15th June 2012 which was 4th day after the registration).

ii. Fraudulently taken authorization for EMI payment and also it was charged when Welcome kit was not processed even after 45 days and more particularly, application form was kept on hold.

iii. Further, I have not received any kind of document or Service from your company which was promised to me against the above payment. Hence, by natural justice also I am eligible for refund.

Please do not solicit your marketing tactics & unfair trade practice. Already, once I was trapped in your scheme, hence I will not reconsider my decision to cancel the membership. Request you to process the application of cancellation of membership and refund the amount due to me.

I expect my cancellation of membership form should be communicated to me in written.

I request all the members to beware of Sterling Holidays Resorts (I ) Ltd from my experience with these persons who are Sitting at Raghuleela Mall, Unit No.339, 1st Floor, Kandivali(W) Mumbai.
    jayant.ramaswamy@sterlingholidays.com M-9820646874 Regianal manager
    parminder.singh@sterlingholidays.com M-9619439322 Takeover Manager
    Sanjeev Kappor, M-9561520863 Sales Executive
    vinay.singh@sterlingholidays.com[/email] Tel -022-33481277 -Customer Relation Manager

Further, if you are experienced with such kind of fraud, please first intimate to the Credit Card for stop payment of EMI. Note down all your experience. You can complaint to the Consumer Court / RBI / Credit Card Company as well as to the following.

Consumer Guidance Society
    of India,
    J-Block, Azad Maidan,
    Mahapalika Marg, Opp. Cama Hospital,
    Mumbai-400001. (Maharashtra)
    Tel: 91-22-22621612, Fax: 22659715
    Email: cgsibom@mtnl.net.in
    Contact Person: Prof. N.M. Rajadhyaksha, Chairman

Mumbai Grahak Panchayat
    Grahak Bhavan, Sant Dnyaneshwar Marg, Behind Cooper Hospital,
    Ville Parle (West)
    Mumbai-400056 (Maharashtra)
    Tel: 022-26288624, 26281832
    Fax: 022-26250916, 26700897
    Email: mgp@bom5.vsnl.net.in , mgpanchayat@hotmail.com,
    Contact Person: Dr. R.J. Gujarathi, Chairman

If still justice is not received, internet world is open for you.
    Pray for Justice. If the company is not responding, then there is no other way but to file legal suit against the company.
    In case if you have similar kinds of compalints please mail me to pawar.shankar@gmail.com

Shankar Pawar
  • edited September 2012
    Dear Mr.Pawar,

May we request you to mail us your contact details on
    online.care@sterlingholidays.com. Our executive will get in touch with you to better understand your concern.

Regards,
  • edited September 2012
    Once i buyed two icecreams in sai priya resorts (vizag rushikonda) where they had taken over cost i,e more than than the actual cost.i asked the reasin for taking that much cost they said that TAX is high..i didnt find that much cost for icecreams in anywhere in vizag..so,plz take necessary action on the cheaters.
    i too have the bill of my purchase
  • edited September 2012
    Dear Mr.Choudhuri,

Regards,
  • edited October 2012
    I, Aditya Arora have faced a similar issue. I was promised a extra week through RCI and other freebies- good part was that other freebies were recived but not the extra international week through RCI which was also promised. When I called them back, the executive Gunjan Dutta has left Sterling resorts and others have backed off saying that in my membership such offer is not Valid. Its been almost 2 months of repeated follow-ups that nothing has happened. I ecen gave them an option of replacing it any other alternate option for which i have not recived any responce. I want to continue the membership but this type of experience initially is not good.

Regards,
    Aditya Arora
  • prakashkprakashk Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh boy... had I looked at this place before I opted for the Sterling Holidays.. like millions, I was also cheated. And this time, I have no intention to leave this and already taking legal ways.

I thought after the new management this company will show some integrity, but looks like completely let down.. I wish I had gone with Mahindra who even had provided me a free stay on my friend's membership to experience them..

My story is this: I got my membership (1205090) in Feb this year, paid 15% down and 2 EMI's, and ECS for remaining. My assumptions are EMI's being deducted every month until I called you guys in Aug for booking a vacation. I was told that you need to clear 6 EMI's for that, and no EMI has been deducted. What the heck, who's responsibility is that. You never even asked my bank (I checked with Bank too) for EMI's. Then I took interest to call all your guys, Bangalore office, Chennai corporate office, and nothing happened yet. YOu haven't fixed this problem, you have never contacted me with update. When I spoke to your customer care yesterday she was telling me it is my responsibilities to check with bank, look at EMI's going etc. Who is customer and who is vendor here? What you think?

Now after 10 months of the membership, with remaining 2 months, I can't get the vacation?

This is a clear breach of integrity as a company and I have all rights to take legal course. You have never contacted me and informed me even if it was to be fixed by me, and denying vacation ownership..

If anyone opted for legal, appreciate if you can contact me. I have read the terms and conditions and my bank also said I have full rights to move to next stage on the legal course
  • edited October 2012
    Dear Mr.Aditya Arora,

We are concerned about your experience. May we request you to mail us your contact details on online.care@sterlingholidays.com so that our Executive can get in touch with you.

Sincerely,