Complaint against Tikona Internet Service Provider

jshah26jshah26 Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Online Shopping

I had taken Tikona Internet broadband service on 18-Feb. They installed the a gadget called nano on my window grill on 20-Feb. The service purchased was for 1024Kbps speed. After installation, the broadband was slower than 1024Kbps and also use to disconnect often, for which I complained. Few engineers visited my house and saw the installation and recommended that I should move the nano gadget which they installed on my window grill to terrace. However since they did not had longer wires, they promised to come back. Everytime a new engineer would show up and the installation was never redone. After which I asked them to disconnect the service as nothing was being done to fix the issue, against which they answered that they will not refund the money. Now I am stuck with it as I am not getting the right service, neither I can get my money back for what I paid. Can someone help me get the moneyback?

Comments

• tikona.servicestikona.services Senior Member
    edited March 2012

we are grateful that your service request was brought to our attention and we appreciate your perseverance in settling this matter.In order to assist you better, we request you to provide the following information:
    1. User ID:-
    2. Registered contact number:-
    please feel free to contact us on 1-800 209 4276 to provide us any feedback regarding our service. Our customer care associate will be glad to assist you

email us :-- tikona.Services@gmail.Com

Tikona Services

• girishnairgirishnair Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    I want to thank Tikona for my Refund cheque of full amount. On 3 Aug 2011 I have applied for Tikona ULNTD799 plan and paid installation charges to sales guy, but the installation guy told me that there is no feasibility at my place, so I raised disconnection request. I wasn’t expecting the refund to come to me on time, but to my surprise after 30 days I got my refund cheque. I wish my location was feasible, hope it would be in future as I have good review about their network speed.
  • bankimbankim Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Hello Dear,

I am not aware about who are you, but would like to inform you that non of the executive at tollfree numbers are capable enough to solve your problems. Biggest problem with this people is that non of the senior person comes in front of you to resolve the issue.
  • edited May 2012
    i had taken tikona internet broadband on 03 may. there is very problem of net proper speed . daily call to customer care but no any response from tikona. only give assurance to me but no any engineer come and solved this problem. my user id--1106338300 name-- kanade n. k. pune
  • edited May 2012

I had a MTNL network and changed to Tikona only because
    I was promised that I would get a 10 Mbps speed.
    It has been a year and a half since I have had this connection and
    I have never seen the speed go over 2 Mbps
    Moreover the network is down most of the times.

I have complained about this a lot of times, but never got and response.
    Last month I did not pay my bill assuming that
    this will ring a bell and some one will come and sort out my issue.
    But I assume that it doesnt matter to you guys if a couple of customers are unhappy.
    I have also submitted the complaint on the consumer Court blog.

I am seriously disapointed with the service and will soon be disconnecting and going back to MTNL.
    I am also going to tell people around and friends not to take this connection.

Pratiksha Jagger
  • edited June 2012
    Applied for Tikona internet service on their application form a few months back,giving details of my requirement.Accordingly they provided wireless internet service.Not finding their service satisfactory,I requested their customer care to disconnect their to me on their toll free number.My request fell on deaf years and remained unheeded.I then sent Tikona messages on Email as per their format and this request repeated several times but again no action.I was stuck with their service and kept on paying their bills,although in the meantime i accquired BSNL service .Finally fed up with Tikona unresponsive attitude.I made it clear that no further bills will be paid till their service is disconnected .Ultimately they sent forms which I submitted to their represetative alongwith the final payment cheque ,i also made such an endorsement on the reverse of the cheque also.To my horror they are still billing me and adding to their nuisance value they make unsolicitated teie calls constantly harassing the household.They,Tikona should not only stop making harassing demands but also pay me Rs/one lakh as compensation for the harassment caused.I would also like to mention that I have not sent them any further application for restoring the service aftermy cancellation request application
  • edited June 2012
    i have reported this complain many times but still this sucking problem is not solved . even customercare is disconnecting my calls knowingly.always during surffing my net stops working and then i hav to restart all the things again.in techinical support option they were telling my user id as invalid ...... i dont want this disgusting connection and dont need it, because i dont have time to call customercare everyday on the same issue, so i want you to send someone to bindup the materials and cut the connection.Really this is very disgusting service and i will stop my other family members to seek tikona.Definately.
  • edited June 2012
    sir i have taken your connection 10 month ago i am going on telling the server is very slow till ow they have not rectify my complaint so i kindly request u to dissconnect my internet broadband connection this is my humle request. my user id is 1104570088 rm muthiah. no. 2 14th cross kumuran nagar vayaloor road trichy- 620017. my phone no is 7598268752. ple disconnect my connection
  • md.auzi99md.auzi99 Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    USER I.D. 1105848183
    I took a connection from one of their marketing agents. He advised me on a plan of Rs 1099 unlimited plan with 2gb speed.

He told me if i book it on that very day, i will get a discount of Rs. 200 and also their is a marketing offer that he can give me which will give additional discount of Rs. 150.

So my monthly rental would be Rs 749

i asked him if i would want to disconnect my services what would i have to do, he told me that all i needed to do was to call from my [COLOR=#009900 !important]registred[/COLOR] [COLOR=#009900 !important]phone number[/COLOR] and they will disconnect the line without any further hassel.

so i took the connection, however when the bill came their was nothing as such, and i was charged Rs 1099 for two months.

In the mean time [COLOR=#009900 !important]my connection[/COLOR] got disrupted and then it never got okay again. and for last 3 months i am paying [COLOR=#009900 !important]bills[/COLOR], without any usage at all that also @ Rs 1099 per month when i took my plan thinking it was Rs 749

i [COLOR=#009900 !important]complained[/COLOR] about it. and they took the phone number of that agent, but that agent had left tikkona already so they cant [COLOR=#009900 !important]do anything[/COLOR] about that, this was said to me..
    so i asked my connection to be terminated after i clear the [COLOR=#009900 !important]payment[/COLOR] in the month of may.

a lady called me up, i told her the situation, she said she will give me a discount and will take only Rs 750 + aftr discount and i wont have to deal with it again. my connection would be terminated..
    However i have recived a bill again for the month of july and am again being asked to pay Rs 748 +

when i call the [COLOR=#009900 !important]customer care[/COLOR] they tell me that the bill [COLOR=#009900 !important]amount is[/COLOR] for Rs 1000+ and when i told her i asked my connectionto be terminated aftr i settle the bill she is asking me if i emailed them of a disconnection of service. i ask to talk to the[COLOR=#009900 !important]supervisor[/COLOR], i was told that they dont have any, and the customer care officer tried to hang up the call saying the voice was not clear when the sound from the phone was absolutely fine, and then tried to put the call on hold for know reason so that i would hang up thinking the connection went off.

So after all this months of trouble and unimaginable hassel i have decided to complain against the company and their cheating practices and unethical means of troubling common people in the consumer court and take legal action against them.

I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN PROCEED WITH THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND MAKE THEM LEARN A LESSON THAT THEY CANT CHEAT A COMMON MAN, I AM READY TO PAY AS MUCH AS IT IS REQUIRED EVEN TENS OF THOUSAND TOWARDS LAWYERS AND LEGAL CHARGES, BUT I AIN'T [COLOR=#009900 !important]GONNA[/COLOR] PAY THESE CHEATS A PENNY MORE.
  • edited June 2012

I'm Sagar Khatwani from Mumbai, following are my Tikona Service Account Details:

User ID: 1103959530

I called on the customer care number on June 12, 2012 to change my plan and was advised to move to the plan ADBB - 449. Which was a monthly unlimited plan. I made a payment of Rs. 799/- on June 13, 2012 and registered a request for the change. The request number for that is:

Request Number: 1-2353721767

I called the customer care on June 14, 2012 after making the payment and Mr. Sachin from the customer care first told me that the plan ADBB was no longer available and that I should move to ADULM 1024. I told him that I have a made a payment of Rs. 799/- already and asked how is it going to be settled, he then hung up on me. I called in 3 more times to the customer care and no one could answer my query. On June 15, my plan was renewed and I have been charged Rs. 3485.29 because of the wrong information provided by the customer care

I called again on June 16, 2012 and Mr. Suryansh from the customer care registered a request for change of plan and told me that since i've made the payment, no extra charges will be levied and my old plan will be deactivated since i've cleared my balance and gave me the following request no.

Request Number: 1-2356186777

I called the customer care today, i.e. June 17, 2012 to confirm of the plan change and the plan has still not been changed even after 24 hours of the last request. Instead I was told by the customer care to pay up Rs. 3485.29 before I call in again. I asked for an authority whom I can contact and was told to send the mail to s.nair. I asked if there was an extension to s.nair like s.nair@gmail.com. After that I was told that all tikona executives directly receive the mail if I just type their name, which is highly ridiculous. I logged on to tikona.in and final located the address s.nair@tikona.in.

I'm saddened by this service since I've been a customer for over a year. I hereby request you to discontinue my services and demand a refund. I'm awaiting a reply from your end. A failure of a reply from your side will force me to take a legal action against your company and I will move the court for fraud, mental distress and character assassination.

Sagar Khatwani
    Mumbai
    Dear Tikona,
    Your Customer care executive is full trained , When call to any one He say hold , and after holding 5-6Min , Call will be disconnected automatically.
    and your mailing dept never response any mail.

1. User ID:-
    2. Registered contact number:-

email us :-- tikona.Services@gmail.Com

Tikona Services

• edited July 2012
    name--Ugrasen yadav

i had taken tikona internet broadband on 22 march. there is very problem of net proper speed . daily call to customer care but no any response from tikona. only give assurance to me but no any engineer come and solved this problem. my user id--1106021579...
    I yogendra vankar from virar I had applied for new net connection from ur virar office on 02/06/2012 and now till date i dnt hv net connection. I hv already paid amount of 3300 through a axis bank cheque and ur employe clear the cheque on his father account employe name is kaushal (9158196144 his mobile no..)
    And i had mail you the complain against your employee Kaushal but i had not recived any positive revert from your side so please make my request as soon as possible.

Regards:
    Yogendra Vankar
    9185200111
    I have taken Tikona Broad Band connection at Solapur. The plan is Rs. 3000/- + ST for 30 months. After 6 months the services in Solapur are stopped. In spite constant followup with the company hru email and call centre the company did no sorted out the problem nor refunded the money. Now I anm shifted to Pune and requested company to reinstate the services. However I have received a reply that my account stands closed. It means the company has eaten up my money. I am proceeding to consumer court for redressal of my problem. My customer ID with Tikona is 1103766419. If anybody wants me to join in the battle against TKONA, pl contact me on ls_behere@yahoo.com

L.S.Behere
    user id -1107603922
    Registered contact number:- 8446657947

i took ADULM1024 unlimited plan connection a week ago n now i am facing speed problem..speed is about 200 kbps..

really annoying..

please solve my query...
    i used tikona after a warning too and really got dissapointed about it..
  • edited March 2013

I Had taken tikona connection in Jan 2013 , paid Rs 4000 in advance. The internet connection was not working properly since day 1, so I registered many complaints but inspite of following up several times, I didn't get proper service and proper response from them.

They always made false commitments, I am still waiting for the refund. Please help me.

Tikona uid : 1107843551
  • edited June 2013

I am Gaurav Goel. I have purchased 4mbps connection paid Rs 5700 in advance. The internet connection was not working properly since 1st day.

Now, from last 2 days my internet is not working. I am everytime told that the issue will be resolved in 24hrs, its more than 2 days, but still not resolved. When I call the customer care executive, they are also not supportive. If asked to transfer call to their manager or team lead, they say that its tikona policy not to transfer the call to manager or team lead. On day 1, when I called the engineer regarding the visit, he said he has some other priority customer. I am still unable to understand what is the meaning of Priority customer.

Day 2. The engineer visited the place, he checked the speed it was 890kbps, where as my plan is of 4mbps, As soon as he left, the internet stopped working, when I called him, he said he is coming, but he didn't turned up. and when I called him again, he just disconnected the call.

I am still waiting for the internet connection to be working.

if you cant able to provide the internet, pl. give me my money back.

Gaurav Goel
    +91-9764820395
    user_id 1108465819
    edited June 2013

I am still waiting for the internet connection to be working.

if you cant able to provide the internet, pl. give me my money back.

Gaurav Goel
    +91-9764820395
    user_id 1108465819

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. Please be assured that your concern listed June 12, 2013 has been noted and our team is working on addressing the same.

Tikona Care
    I have had Tikona service for a year. The service was never great but I kept it and would use it of and on. Starting May 2013 and during the month of June, the service quality became extremely bad and unusable. I and my neighbor raised several complaints but the issue was never resolved. I submitted a waiver request for waiving the charges for the period when the service was bad. The response I got back was "you are not eligible for a waiver". Anyway, so I decided to go ahead and cancel the service. I initiated this request on 22-Jun. They said that the cancellation process will take a few days. They said that I could use the service during then and that they would just bill me till the date the service actually gets cancelled. I tried to use the service a few times during the next couple of days but then because of the poor quality I ultimately stopped using it totally. The equipment was totally disconnected. However, after a few days (July 1, I believe) when I received a call from them, they said that the service cancellation was now removed because the service was found to be used for about 2-3 days after the request. This means they still haven't cancelled my service and want to continue to bill me for the time up till now and beyond. Everytime a Tikona person calls they simply try to make me continue the service...whenever I talk about the cancellation they say that somebody else will make a call to confirm the cancellation. Reality is that they make the process to cancel extremely difficult or impossible so that they can continue to bill their customers and charge fess and late fees on top of unpaid charges etc. I have never seen such a blatant disregard for rules...they are a fraud company is my opinion.

Dear Ajit,

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. In order to assist you further, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number # TIKJL168 to your case. Requesting you to mention the reference number in the subject line while sharing your details with us on tikonacare@tikona.in.

Gentle Reminder

This is to follow-up on your concern listed on July 2, 2013. Requesting you to share details in order for us to assist/resolve your concern. Kindly share your details with us on tikonacare@tikona.in mentioning your assigned reference number TIKJL168 in the subject line.

Gentle Reminder -2

We have not received your contact details. We now request you to share your detail on our official Tikona Forum - forum.tikona.in by mentioning the reference number in the subject line.

Tikona Care
    Hi we had tikona service for our cyber cafe in 2012. Due to their bad service we had lost many customers due to which we ask them to take back their services. We had sent a mail during feb 2012 and as well as informed them to discontinue their services for which neither their manager nor their technical man showed any interest after all this suddenly we received legal mail on 18 june 2013 stating we have to pay Rs. 3455 services charges and additional Rs 1500 for accessories for which we had already informed to take back their accessories. We had to under go financial loss because of their bad services in fact we had spoken to their regional head on this matter. Thought their technical person had visited he could not fix the problem. After all facing this problem and mental harassment now they are forcing to pay the service charges which we have not utilized. Kindly help us to resolve this issue.

Tikona Service ID No 1105170948 & Billing Account Number 116626003

Tikona Service ID No 1105170948 & Billing Account Number 116626003

Dear Subscriber,

Please be assured that your concern listed July 31, 2013 has been noted and our team is working on addressing the same.

• edited August 2013
    My Tikona ID: 1108750082

Firstly Tikona was not able to provide the service to me , after 32 telephonic complaints and 4 email complaints- no Resolution was provided by Tikona as connection didnot work at my place.

After getting frustrated from Tikona's poor service, I decided to part ways and gave disconnection request on 19-Jul-13 (16 days after connection installation on 03-Jul-13)

I paid Rs 3100 as initial amount including 2 months advance rent.
    and now you are saying No refund is applicable- Why ???

As per your email dated 01-Aug-13- I have received Bill mentioning refund amount of Rs.714.71 after deducting 2 months advance rental even when service was activated only for 16 days. and now you are saying no refund applicable.

Kindly confirm why are you not refunding my money ?

I need reason why tikona is illegally keeping my money with them
    What calculation are you doing- what charges are you deducting ?
    what is my fault ?

Kindly revert to my queries asap and refund my hard earned money

PANKAJ SAINI
    pankajsainidr@gmail.com
    Tikona ID 1108750082
    Dear Pankaj,

Please be assured that your concernlisted Aug 13, 2013 has been noted and our team is working onaddressing the same.

Dear Mr. Narayanswamy,

Greetings from Tikona care.

With regards to your concern, we confirm that your Tikona service account has been terminated post full and final settlement there is no due or refund applicable

For any further issues/queries, you can contact us on our toll free number 1-800 209 4276 or you can reach us at Tikona Broadband Forum User reviews,feedback,testimonials,complaints,support,downloads and more.

Tikona Care.
    My Tikona ID: 1108750082

I paid Rs 3100 as initial amount including 2 months advance rent.
    and now you are saying No refund is applicable- Why ???

Kindly confirm why are you not refunding my money ?

I need reason why tikona is illegally keeping my money with them
    What calculation are you doing- what charges are you deducting ?
    what is my fault ?

Kindly revert to my queries asap and refund my hard earned money

PANKAJ SAINI
    pankajsainidr@gmail.com
    Tikona ID 1108750082

Dear Mr. Saini,

Greetings from Tikona.

With regards to your concern, our team member spoke to you on August 24, 2013 and confirmed that the CPE device recovery and full and final settlement of your account is in process.

We appreciate your patience and kind support.

• edited September 2013
    My user id is 1108302282. I have complaining since the last 4 days regarding the wifi not working.... they said they would send the engineer....we waited for two days no one arrived..... we called the customer care again tgey gave us the no of an engineer who wrkd in central line nd den they gave us the number of an engineer whi would no pick up the call..... seriously fed upof the poor service..... our complaint has not been responded.... no engineer has been sent up to now.... everytym I call they say the engineer will be snd by evening and when its already evening they say he will be there by morning.... this is continuously being done 4 d past 4 days
  • edited September 2013