Airtel: No signal at home

ms.jaideepms.jaideep Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Mobile
Hi,

I have been a Airtel customer for around 8 years. We moved to a new house around a year and a half ago.
Signal strength in the new house is very weak. I had called customer service around november 2009 to register a complaint on the signal issue. The issue was prolonged to March 2010 and I was asked to wait for another month and I finally had to give up on the Airtel Service Technician who was to visit my house and examine the signal strength.

Finally when MNP arrived, we initiated the process and then Airtel support staff called us and hurriedly packed another Technician after explaining that the Airtel tower was close to 300 meters from our place. The Service Engineer bluntly told us that we would not recieve any support from Airtel and I will have to shell out around 16thousand rupees for a Signal booster if we would want to continue with Airtel, since the revenue generated from the building does not meet the criteria.

Unfortunately Airtel is the only service provider at home and we cant divert calls to landline from a airtel cell phone... Wonderful...
If IDEA, VODAFONE, DOCOMO, BSNL can provide signals at home why not airtel..?

Why do I have to pay the rental charges if I do not get the service with in Bangalore CITY...?

Comments

• Airtel_PresenceAirtel_Presence Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Dear Jaideep,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 10 Feb 2012. has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback
    We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Connect with us 24X7 and we will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services
    Twitter - Twitter

Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook
  • edited July 2012
    My name is Rupesh kumar
    My mobile no 9840282561
    My Office no 044-42862065
    My email Id - mogilirupesh@hotmail.com
    edited July 2012
    Namaste Mr. Kumar,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 July 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    airtel Presence (airtel Customer Service Team)
    bharti airtel limited
    Connect with us 24X7 and we will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (Airtel_Presence) on Twitter
    Linked- Airtel Presence (Bharti Airtel LTD) - India | LinkedIn
  • RanjeetsinghRanjeetsingh Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    Dear Sir. I am using airtel sim card last 5 year and i have last 2 year leave many times complant in costomer care and nodal officer but his not solve my complaint. and am port this sim card in last 6 month in vodafone oprator this oprator gives me best network and best offer. but i am once again come in airtel network. when here network problem solve. plz provide me netork i am using many airtel sim card and also used my many friends sim card but here is np network. mo no. 9970392034.
    edited July 2012
    Namaste Mr. Singh,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 18 July 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    bharti airtel limited

edited July 2012
    Namaste Mr. Singh,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 18 July 2012 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence .

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• amit2012amit2012 Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    I have been airtel (delhi) customer since the time airtel started offering cell phone services and have several connections from Airtel Mobile, Landline and Broadband. I had made a complaint reference number- 43149549 back in April 2012 regarding poor cell phone signal/reception and have been continuously following up on that, many times I was told that the network team person will call back in 2 hours but I never received a call. To my surprise they told me the ticket has been closed in June 2012 as they were not able to reach me, well since no call came then how could they reach me. Anyways, overall the experience has been quite bad with regards to this particular issue and I had made sure they put in the notes of all the times I had called to follow up (don't know if they actually did that). Now how can I get this resolved, any assistance from airtel shall be highly appreciated.
    I have also entered the complete info on their following site-airtel.in/airtelpresence
    Reference number for that is- PO072500053
    edited July 2012
    Namaste (amit2012 ),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 25 July 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    bharti airtel limited

• edited July 2012
    In Chennai Main Angappan Naiken Street House No.1-5 Are no signal from Air tel So kindly Conway The Valuable Team.
    Regards
    Md jaffer
  • edited July 2012
    Hello,
    I think here some installation problem or set-top box problem in my Airtel digital TV connection. In my DTH, while rain falling DTH show me no signal but at the same time my another DTH connection work properly.
    So I need to solve this problem of no signal as posible as fast.
    edited August 2012
    Namaste (amit2012 ),

This is to inform that your concern listed on 25 July 2012 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

edited August 2012
    Namaste Mr. Kumar,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 17 July 2012 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

edited August 2012
    Namaste Mr. Singh,

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• edited August 2012
    Hi
    Im staying in Silver tone society with almost 300 families

The signal strength is so poor that i have to go out each time out of the house to make a call

If airtel is able to do the same, can guarantee all 300 families shall be switching to airtel instantaneously

Please revert regarding possibility of the same

Regards
    Gitansh
  • edited August 2012
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Since last 3 years I am facing problem of No Network at my home and in my local area, I have given several complaints also. If this remains the same then we all need to change our operator.

This is to bring in ur notice there are thousand of them who are suffering.

Plz look in to the matter ASAP

Mobile : 9892990673
    Area : matunga labour camp, G ward
    Email : shaikhdawood12@gmail.com
    edited August 2012
    Namaste (9892990673),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 05 Aug 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    bharti airtel limited

edited August 2012
    Namaste (9892990673),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 05 Aug 2012 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence .

Regards
    Deepak Mohod
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• edited August 2012
    Hi, I Ported my number from Vodafone in Apr 2012 and since then there is either no signals or weak signals at my residence. I missed calls regularly when i am at home. I've logged many complaints on this and no resolution. Airtel people just close the ticket without talking to me...Now i fed up with low signals problem and like to switch back to Vodafone again..however, airtel not letting me go as I am into CUG plan.
    Abdul kamal
    edited August 2012
    Namaste (9892990673),

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 05 Aug 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Regards
    Deepak Mohod
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• dhsahaydhsahay Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    We have been Airtel (Delhi) Customer for more than a decade and have 2 postpaid and 1 prepaid mobile connections for more than a decade, as well as a Broadband/Landline connection.

We were getting perfect mobile phone signals inside our house till one fine day it rained heavily in Delhi on 06-Jul-2012 and the signals just vanished. When rain subsided we started getting very poor or no signals inside my house, and continue to do so till date.

I had made a complaint (Ref # 44632094) on 10-Jul-2012. One Airtel person also visited my house and confirmed the network problem and said they will have the problem fixed and someone from Airtel Team will call me back within 2 days. I have been continuously following up after that, To my surprise when I sent a SMS to check upon my complaint status, I received a reply showing status as closed.

The fact is that network problem is still not resolved and we are getting highly inconvenienced because of this. I am unable to receive any important official calls since my mobile becomes 'unreachable'. Even my wife is facing same difficulty and unable to connect with her office while at home. We also are having to spend additional money for making important official calls from our landline, when we get full mobile reimbursement for official calls from our Company.

I have also come to know that even my neighbors living within the same block are also facing Airtel signal issues from same date 06-Jul-12 and I believe even some of my neighbors have also contacted Airtel regarding this.

I have also logged this complaint on Airtel Presence website and got Reference No. PO082400088. However I am not sure how much this will help.

Also I am pretty perplexed on the fact that this appears to be a case of some equipment going faulty due to heavy rains on a nearby Airtel Cell Tower and this still remains unresolved after more than one and half months. And Airtel is doing nothing to fix the problem.

Please advise how we can get this resolved. Urgent immediate action from Airtel on this will be highly appreciated. Else we may have no other option left but to move on to another Mobile Phone Service Provider whose signal reception is good in our house.

Thanks.

Dhiraj Sahay
    Mobile # 9818690330
    edited August 2012
    Namaste Mr. Sahay,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 24 Aug 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    bharti airtel limited

• amit2012amit2012 Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Well I am quite disappointed and dissatisfied with the communication with Airtel, they also lie. The statements on the phone and what is written in the emails do not match. I am posting my communication via email (removing contact info for privacy). My airtel presence reference number- PO072500053

Dear Mr. Rajan,

I am very disappointed in your reply which has come after waiting for months and I am even more disappointed in the dishonesty in the reply. Essentially it is a complete false statement to say that the adequate indoor coverage is available, the person who had come to survey also was shocked to see that he could not use the phone in any spot in the home including the ground floor and first floor and even the garden and had agreed that there was a serious problem in the coverage. Even you are aware of the problem as the first time you had called you also experienced the call drop more than five times in 10 mins.

I would like you to share with me the network team report which was generated when they visited the premises, I would like to see for myself how spoken words and written statements can be so different.

Also, you have not offered any solution to the problem and just given vague timeline which we both know is just crap and a totally waste of time.

-Amit

From: airtelpresence@in.airtel.com [mailto:airtelpresence@in.airtel.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:19 PM
    To:
    Subject: Regarding your airtel mobile number :

Namaste Mr. Amit,

You wrote in on 28th July wherein you highlighted the concern regarding the network coverage issue towards your airtel mobile number 9810xxxxxxx.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have been facing due to the network indoor coverage issue at, “XYZ, New-Delhi, 110000”.

We understand and appreciate your patience in this regard.

On receipt of your complaint, our technical team has conducted a network survey at the problematic area. The team has, in turn, confirmed the availability of adequate indoor network coverage at the problematic area, however; in deep indoor and basement area, the network coverage might get weakened. For your information, the strength of signals on your handset screen may vary due to the atmospheric conditions and topography affecting the radio waves.

Furthermore, we are in process of installation of new site and same would be on Air within 90 days as we are in the planning of the same.

airtel appreciates your business and always welcomes your suggestions/feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Rajan Gupta
    airtel Presence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel limited

Connect with us 24X7 and we will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services.
    edited October 2012
    Namaste (amit2012 ),

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 25 July 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• edited October 2012
    I went to bharti wall-mart store on 11-10-2012 and was waiting in the que for billing.after waiting for 15 minutes the sales person has informed me that billing cannot be done as the counter is meant only for bulk billing.but till my turn 3 customers billing was done.their is no display board counter is meant for bulk billing.when i went to the other counter for billing and informed the same to the floor manager mr.naresh instead of solving the issue he started arguing with me.mr.naresh behavior is very rude towards us.and the billing is done on their own priorities but not in a systematic manner.
  • edited November 2012
    My family has two two postpaid connections and three prepaid airtel connections. however, we face Signal issues at Krishnarajapuram, Bethel nagar, IIa Main Road, Bangalore 560036 both inside the house and even outside the premises. Pl help. sandeep 9600092416.
    edited November 2012
    Namaste Graspsandeep,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 09 Nov. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    bharti airtel limited

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
  • edited November 2012
    Dear Rakesh,

I am an Airtel customer almost from last 10 years. I didnt use Airtel just for the last 2 years when i was abroad. Since i came back, without any doubt i bought two lines (for me and for my wife) from Airtel with the belief that i will still get the best signals and service like always, but unfortunately there are no signals at all at my home. I have to literally go out of my house to make a call. No one can call us while we are home. The strange part is that my office recently assigned me a phone with another service carrier and that works perfectly fine with ample signals inside the house. I have left with no choice other than to dump Airtel and sign up for another carrier, i want to see what Airtel can do to avoid losing their loyal customers. Any assistant or investigation will be appreciated.

Hussain
    (South Delhi)
    edited November 2012
    Namaste Graspsandeep,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 09 Nov. 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

edited November 2012
    Namaste Mr. Hussain ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 27 Nov. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Regards
    Rakesh Ranga
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• edited January 2013
    In my area, right in IT corridor and residential area within City, there is absolutely no signal or inconsistent. Tired of tried complaining with Airtel many many a times. All they do is to call you, run through standard dialogue and forget it. Residents kept complaining in my area, once Airtel came to test signal and disappeared. Our is an upscale residential community with all kinds of requirements that could be interesting business opportunities for Airtel... such as community wide intercom cum phone, broadband, mobile, IP TV, DTH TV etc... Airtel has become so unprofessional and absolutely clueless to understand customers and lost its focus on customers. For my mobile connection surrender, they send a mail to send refund but the refund never came even after 3 years. Most of my community members given up Airtel. BSNL, Aircel, Vodafone and etc every other provider services in my area is fine. I have not seen any company with their attitude due to monopoly and arrogance survived longer. Airtel is not going to be an exception. I just come across every customer having displeasure with Airtel, just because of the number continuity people continue but that limitation is not going to be permanent