Complaint Against Goibibo - Cancellation/Refund

I booked a ticket on 26 Nov 2011 via Goibibo.com for my trip from Bangalore to Pune (journey date -22nd Jan 2012). This was via the spicejet airline (SG228).
I actioned a cancellation request online in a few days and got a message of pending, hoping to get a refund in a few days.

To my dismay when I called Goibibo on 26th January'2012, they said that the ticket never got cancelled and it was a "no show" for the airline.
The rep on the phone said that after online cancellation, the customers have to call goibibo to confirm the cancellation, else it will not get cancelled.
This process is not mentioned while cancelling a ticket and I was not aware that I had to call Goibibo to get the cancellation done.
This way Goibibo deceived me by not cancelling my ticket and are not ready to refund the money.
I would like to have the money refunded as this is Goibibo's fault for not giving clear intructions during the online cancellation.
Request you to kindly help me in this matter.
Nishant Verma
9423207042

Comments

• edited June 2012
    HTLSZLP8VA today ( 07-06-12 ) i hav booked a room in a stupid hotel in ur website, fortel in chennai near egmore for the very 1st time, it is a huge big cheat and high drama was on air to provide room in the hotel. Being a citizen of india ur not eligible to stay in a hotel. then what type of a country it is i wonder. wen called to the ibibo call centre not even wishing the customer else bother to hear wht the customer says word straight away that idiot said no refund it is my fault we cant pay back. Unnecessarily i have to pay almost Rs.4000 to you if you cant give back the money i ll think that and create awareness of ibibo website and Fortel Hotel Egmore Chennai, as much as i can that i have given the money to all your employees, family members of the hotel and ibibo for their funeral as they cant afford to live without this kind of gesture and just live life
  • edited February 2013
    i booked one ticket through Goibibo for go air dated 5th of December from N. Delhi to Cochin, due to some reasone i could not able to take the flight.
    i called to go air they said that there is some define time to get the ticket cancelled and they put the status in the system 'no show' and they said they will not refund the air fare but they said they will refund the service tax.

but as i booked the ticket through GOibibo, go air will refund the amount to goibibo and i will have to claim the amount from them.

i called to GOibibo they said they will take 7 to 10 working days as they have not recieved the money from go air.

i followed for two month but no positive revert come from GOibibo then i call to go air they said that they have refund the amount to GOibibo in the month of Dec itself.

when i came to know this i called to GOibibo they gave me one stupid reason that as per there process is some passenger not board his flight they will not refund any money.

i am surprise that they have taken my money where go air has already given the amount to GOibibo.

my ticket no is

G8 162

goair

New Delhi

Kochi

Dec. 5, 2012 13:55 Hrs

Dec. 5, 2012 18:35 Hrs

PNR no is ENNOFB

please help me in getting the refund money from go ibibo as they are cheating with people, they are making money by fooling people.

my contact no is 9540509800 my email id is shatrughansharma2001@gmail.com
    Through Booking id:HTLVYG2PZH, I had booked for Hotel in Tirupati for 2 Days. and Paid INR 6410/-
    Later I did a Partial cancellation and changed my stay to 1 day. For which they have refunded an Amount of INR 2940/-.
    However when I went to the Hotel , I was Told the reservation is not valid and is cancelled completely.
    I had called up the ibibo Team and could not get the Proper response, I had to check in to another Hotel.
    However they sent me mail promising to return the whole remianing Amount.it
    however it has been More than 2 Months, Nothing Happened. No responses form the Ibibo Team, when enquired.
    This is really Pathetic...

Ratan
  • edited February 2014
    i booked my flight from mangalore to chandigarh via mumbai scheduled on 8th feb,2014.it was scheduled to depart at 6.25 am.the first flight 9W436 departed 3 hours late because of foggy weather .and so going in that to mumbai was of no use as flight 9W489 which was scheduled to depart at 9.50 from bombay would have departed.so the supervisor booked ticket from mangaore to chandigarh via booking which was later cancelled due to some technical fault in plane from mangalore to bangalore.As a result that day there was no connectivity left between chandigarh and mangalore that day..so i was forced to board flight form mangalore till new delhi at 4.15pm.i want my money to be refunded ie from delhi to chandigarh .my ticket no is 589-4338829900.if i will not get my refund ..i l approach consumer forum and getting stranded at airport for 11 hours is nothing but harrassment
  • edited February 2014

I booked a ticket for Pune Delhi via Goibibo.com (journey date -27th March 2014). This was via Air India flight. AirIndia rescheduled the flight and the time was not convenient to me so I cancelled the ticket. Goibibo keep on saying that it's the refund is pending for validation with the airline which is not true. I sent so many reminders and called them 3-4 times but I am getting the same answer. No one is taking any action. They don't even bother to send a reply to my email reminders. This is the ticket number that was given to me for my complaint goibibohelp-451601.
    Goibibo is a fraud and I will never ever do any booking thru them. They are just using my money for a month now.

Sandhya
  • edited February 2014
    I have cancelled my round trip flight ticket thro'spice jet.

My PNR No: LY7U9N

My onward Journey : SG 454 dated 15/11/2013
    My return Journey : SG 455 dated 22/11/2013
    My cancellation date: 6/11/2013
    Amount to be refunded: Rs 4734 vide goibibo e-mail dated 10/11/2013.

E-mails received from Goibibo on the following references:
    1.16/11/2013...............385849
    2.17/11/2013...............385837
    3.29/11/2013...............395631
    4.12/12/2013...............406698
    5.14/12/2013...............409007
    6.20/12/2013...............471824.

Several times I have spoken with help line staffs of Goibibo .
    But all my attempt went on vain.

Hope I will get proper reply immediately with refund (Credit to my bank account)
  • edited February 2014
    I have cancelled my round trip flight ticket thro'spice jet.(via Goibibo)

My PNR No: LY7U9N

My onward Journey : SG 454 dated 15/11/2013
    My return Journey : SG 455 dated 22/11/2013
    My cancellation date: 6/11/2013
    Amount to be refunded: Rs 4734 vide goibibo e-mail dated 10/11/2013.

E-mails received from Goibibo on the following references:
    1.16/11/2013...............385849
    2.17/11/2013...............385837
    3.29/11/2013...............395631
    4.12/12/2013...............406698
    5.14/12/2013...............409007
    6.20/12/2013...............471824.

Several times I have spoken with help line staffs of Goibibo .
    But all my attempt went on vain.

VasudevanKrishnamachari
  • edited March 2014
    I booked my ticket in goibibo.com , from pune to bangalore but the ticket was not conformed to me and i received mail that the amount with in 7 working days, i booked my ticket on 01/Feb/2014 but my amount is still not refund till now, when i cal and ask the goibibo peoples they used to inform woth in two days it will be refund like this they informed me more than three time but no any input till now.and my booking id is GOBUSa0aac1391176789.
  • edited March 2014
    I cancel the ticket on 13 feb 2014, till the time (14 feb 2014) amount rs 5145.00 isnot refunded
  • edited August 2014
    GOIBIBO Refund Pending

I am very disappointed to inform you that the service provided by Goibibo.com is nothing but just pathetic. On 4th Aug 2014 I booked a ticket from Hyderabad to Bangalore and till 45 mins the status of processing was not completed.So I clicked on refund button.It is already 16 days but the amount is not credited to my account.

Everyday (till now nearly 20 times) i called them regarding this but all the time they are saying within 24 hours the amount will be appeared in your account.
    They are not responding my emails also.

Everyday she (Miss Sangeeta, Customer executive GOIBIBO) is saying that your full amount (550/-) was already refunded.But it is not credited to my account. When I ask her for proof, she told that i will send a screenshot of the proof. She didn't sent.

My booking reference ID was GOBUSC9CAC1407169182

Could you please provide me any solution for this as they are not responding at all and i need my money back. Its their mistake and they have resources from where they can verify it.
    If possible can you please give me phone no or email address of any higher authority from Goibibo to whom i can say all this

Please reply to my mail also (ms.happyssm@gmail.com)
    Warm Regards
    M Sabyasachi
    Mob: 9032446979
    i had booked my ticket on august 28 date of journey on 4th sept 2014 njk super travel from chennai to nagercoil.
    the travels had cancelled the bus on that day . and got a call from u and informed me that ur refund will be credited within 5-6days .
    but when i called today my refund is not yet processed ,so kindly take into ur notice and procced my refund as soon as posible