The Chief Post Master General West Bengal Circle, Kolkata

Advocate.soniaAdvocate.sonia Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Judgments
State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission

West Bengal

BHABANI BHAVAN (GROUND FLOOR)

31, BELVEDERE ROAD, ALIPORE

FOR THE APPELLANT : Mr. P.R. BaksiAdvocate

FOR THE RESPONDENT No.1 : In Person

: O R D E R :

HON’BLE JUSTICE MR. A. CHAKRABARTI, PRESIDENT

This appeal was filed against the order dated 03.9.08 passed by the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Burdwan in D.F. Case No.127/2007 whereby the case was allowed and OP3 was directed to pay Rs.72,000/- which included Rs.60,000/- as compensation of bonus and Rs.12,000/- as interest.

Facts in brief are that the complainant is a retired person and after receipt of the retirement benefits decided to keep the money deposited in Post Office under MIS Scheme and accordingly consulting the OP3 & 4 he deposited three separate A/c Payee Cheques each carrying value of Rs.3 lacs for opening three separate MIS A/c in the name of the complainant jointly with his wife and daughter. Such cheques were deposited on 03.2.06. On 03.8.06 the Sub-Post Master of concerned Post Office informed the complainant the MIS A/c along with his wife and daughter was illegal and the complainant was forced to withdraw his deposit and he received back Rs.3 lacs. The complainant though deposited the cheques on 03.2.06, but due to negligence on the part of the Post Master the cheques were not sent immediately and the amount under the cheques were shown deposited on 15.2.06. The Government of India amended the scheme of MIS and no bonus of the amount was to be given on and from 13.2.06. As the amounts deposited by the complainant was encashed on 15.2.06 he was deprived from the benefit of bonus. Accordingly the complaint was filed praying for Rs.24,000/- as loss of interest, Rs.60,000/- towards loss of bonus for two MIS and Rs.10,000/- as compensation.

On behalf of the appellant Mr. Baksi, the Ld. Advocate contended that the delay in the deposit of the cheques in the bank was due to non-availability of sufficient number of working days and the work load and, therefore, the scheme having been closed on 13.2.06, the complainant is not entitled to any relief as the cheques submitted by him were encashed only on 15.2.06. It is further contended that even if the complainant became entitled to the bonus and the scheme continued, the bonus would have been available to the complainant after six years and, therefore, the payment of compensation of Rs.60,000/- forthwith will benefit the complainant twice as he would be enjoying the return from the said sum of Rs.60,000/- for the entire period of six years and the appellant would be deprived of enjoying the money for the said period as was entitled even under the scheme.

The Complainant/Respondent appeared in person and contended that he was not only deprived of the bonus by reason of delay caused by the appellant in getting the cheque encashed within a reasonable period but also was deprived on the interest as the money was not returned forthwith by the postal authorities.

We have considered the contentions of the parties and we find that the cheques were deposited by the complainant on 03.2.06 and the scheme was modified withholding the bonus benefit on 13.2.06 leaving enough margin for encashment of the cheque. Even the explanation given by the appellant show that 03.2.06 was a bank holiday and 05.2.06 was a Sunday. Again 09.2.06 was a holiday and 12.2.06 was a Sunday. Even omitting these four days the postal authorities had six clear days for getting the cheques encashed and the inability to do the same was due to default of the postal authorities themselves. There is no acceptable explanation for not transmitting the cheque to the Bank within reasonable time. There is no allegation of delay by the Bank. Therefore, such conduct amounted to deficiency in service whereby the complainant was deprived from the sum of Rs.60,000/- towards bonus under the MIS Scheme.

It is true that this sum of Rs.60,000/- would have been available to the petitioner after a period of six years had the cheque been encashed within time and petitioner was granted bonus benefit. But by default of the appellant when the petitioner was deprived of the said amount the compensation has been quantified equivalent to the said amount of Rs.60,000/- and this compensation cannot be kept withheld. The fact that the petitioner may be earning further benefit from the said amount, is not a ground for depriving him of the compensation.

In above view of the matter we do not find any ground for interference with the impugned judgment and the same is hereby affirmed. The appeal is dismissed and there will be no order as to costs.

(A.K. Ray) (Justice A. Chakrabarti)

MEMBER PRESIDENT

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I have booked a parcell from calcutta airport post office in speed post vide item no.EW232116822IN on 17.3.10. to be delivered in U.K. but most unfortunately the parcell is not delivered yet. I have lodged a complain vide No.100000 94059, which is still unattended. taking into account that your department has lost the parcell, now I want to demand a compansation against the same.
    I would request you to go through the same and let me know in earliest.
    Goutam Kr. sen
    F/F, 4/2, Hatiara Road
    Kolkata-700059
    perspective11@gmail.com
  • gparimalgparimal Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    With due respect I want to state that I am a retired Air Force Officer settled at Kalyani,Nadia,WB.
    A registered letter NO:2528,DTD: 25/01/2010 was despatched by Air Force Record Office,Subroto Park,
    New Delhi-110 010 to The Manager,State Bank Of India,Krishnanagar Branch,5B,D L Ray Road,
    PO: Krishnanagar, Dist: Nadia, PIN: 741101,West Bengal.Registerd letter is containing my Pension related
    financial PPO/PPC.The concerned bank denied to give any information whether the letter is received or not.

Sir,kindly issue a search bill to locate the registered letter at the earliest.So that I can avail my pension
    benifits.
    MY ADDRESS: P.GHOSAL, C/O,Karan Kumar Dey,H/NO:B/2-51,CENTRAL PARK,PO: KALYANI, DIST: NADIA,
    PIN: 741235,WEST BENGAL. MOB: 09687207687,E -MAIL: gparimal@yahoo.com
    Thanking You,
    Yours Faithfully
    Parimal Ghosal
    PIN: 741235,WEST BENGAL. MOB: 09687207687,E -MAIL: gparimal@yahoo.com

+91 9687207687
    gparimal@yahoo.com
  • edited May 2010
    Ref: My mis a/c. No. 937540 - regent park p.o., monthly interest - rs. 500/- , due on 23rd of every month, bank a/c. No. 0904201 0009030 (1910) - oriental bank of commerce, tollygunge branch.

Re: Non credit of mis interest on 08.07.2009 i lodged a written complaint to regent park p.o. Who
    forwarded the same to tollygunge p.o. , kolkata 700033, on 11.07.09 vide their no. A-850. Contacted tollygunge p.o. Personally and i have been told by the p.o. That no action can be taken unless form r-7 is received from the sbi, southern ave. Br., kolkata. Here again personally contacted sbi, southern ave. Br. Repeatedly. Recently i have been advised by the chief manager of the sbi, southern avenue br. That the form r-7 in question had already been passed on to tollygunge p.o. Way back on 26.05.09.

Almost long one year is going to be elapsed i have not received my hard earned mis interest. Kindly look into this. Regards

== mira bhattacharjee, 45/1/1a, moore avenue, kolkata 700 040. (m) 9433233925
  • edited May 2010
    On my retirement from Indian Oil Haldia Refinery, I submitted a NSS Book No 62203 Haldia Oil Refinery Post Office,Purba Medinipur on 24.04.2009 with a request to transfer the book to my Home town DHAKURIA POST OFFICE,Kolkata 700031 as my all Sr citizen deposits,MIS Deposits are kept here.
    On my numerous visits to Dhakuria Post office, I do not get any co-operation,guidence from the Post Office Staff.

Today around 3.30 PM, I visited P.O., as usual, Post Master including his deputies has replied that they do not have
    any knowledge about whereabut of the book and probably a poor Sr Citizen like me has to surrender the amount.On my request they also refused to give any E mail address of the concerned Senior persons whom I can contact to recover my own money kept with govt for last 20 yrs.

I hope you will use your good office to help me providing necessary guidance which your busiest employees of Dhakuria PO unable to give. I also earenestly request you to keep this letter confidential, oterwise , I apprehend, I will be harassed while withdrawing my interest on my Sr Citizen Deposits as Postal Dept do not transfer this amount to my Bank Account for reason known to them only.
    With regards,
    Amitabha Ghosh.
    E mail caamitabhaghosh@gmail.com
    M 9874532485
  • edited September 2010
    My MIS BOOKalready shifted from mahamayatala to haltu .but till now did not take care. I did not get yet the book. please directly speak to the postmaster of haltu . help my widow mother. I personally need your help. thanking you
  • edited September 2010
    I have sent a money Order on 07/09/2010 from the post office of Khanjanchawk ( Haldia) bearing the PIN code No 721602 & receipt no 88 . This is being sent to my mother for an emergency purpose ( Tanmoy Batabyal c/o Madhusudan Batabyal, Village :- Tikayetpur , P.O:- Asanboni, Dist :- Paschim Medinipur PIN 721506.) But surprisingly , she did not get the same yet though the Post Master assured that it will reach to my mother within 4 working days.

In the above said context , you are requested earnestly to do the needful so that I'll be able to send the money to my mother.

With Regards,
    Yours Sincerely,
    Uttam Batabyal / Mob 9674166600 / batabyal.uttam@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2010
    The Senhati Post Office, Behala which serves a large hinterland does not have Speed Post facility at present. In this era of communication revolution, this is highly unusual. Smaller Post Offices like Sarkarpool Post Office on Budge Budge Road has Speed Post facility. The person who is booking Registered Letters can do this as well and there should not be any problem. People of this are has to go to either Behala Post Office or New Alipore Post Office which are far from our area, particularly for the old people.
    Kindly look into the problem and do the needful.
    Manas Ray
  • edited March 2011
    This is not complain but want to draw attention to the Top authority.
    A woman is eager to open a Savings Account with Kuchut Post Office and requested to give her a account opening Form. So many times ( 5/6 times) she visited the post office during office time. But all the times the reply from the Post Master was that you come after 2 days. After several times of her request then Post Master adviced to bring Rs 50/-(Fifty). She requested to give her account opening Form & wheni will deoposit the form then you check & advice if anything to do or pending. Last time of her visit to Post office on 17.03.2011 Post Master said you give me photo, photo copy of your all documents etc & denied to give her account opening form.
    1. Is post Mater has the right to fill up form when prospective customer is not agree to fill up by him.
    2. Secondly, instead of encourage he is discouraging woman to open account with the post office.
    On behalf of her request ,as a social activist I want to draw attention of the top authority so that in future no one harrass .
    Chandan Nandi
    M# 9433501682
    Mail; cn54@in.com
  • edited March 2011
    On 23-3-11 I went to Jodhpur Park Post Office,Kolkata, to send a letter by Speedpost.The gentleman manning the Sp eedpost counter asked me why I had not got the letter weighed. In other Post offices weighment of letters is usually done at the Speedpost counter but not at this post office.Any way, I had to go to another counter to get the letter weighed. When I returned to the Speed post counter the genleman told me that he was busy accepting telephone bills and asked me to come after one hour.He turned a deaf ear to my request to book my letter.

In disgust, I left the Post Office and sent the letter thru courier Ms.DTDC. In stark contrast to the uncooperative behaviour of postal staff at Jodhpur Park P.O. the people at the courier office were courteous and I could book my letter within minutes.

No wonder Postal dept. loses out to private courier operators even though their rates are a little higher.

From A.chatterjee
  • edited May 2011
    MIS a/c no. 38856 operated from DUMDUM PO is held by both of us(E/S). We have registered for credit of monthly payment of MIS by ECS at SBI,Dumdum Cantt branch.
    The ECS supposed to be paid on 07/11/2010 for Rs 1340/- was not deposited in our a/c, which was followed up in DUMDUM PO and later with Cossipore PO( Sh Sahadeb Bera), by a written complaintdt 19/1/2011 and also by e-mail. It is regretted that despite several reminders over phone, he is indifferent to addressing the issue and has confirmed that the matter is not being responded by SBI etc, and that we may take up the matter with PMG.
    Under this circumsances, pl do the needful, since the matter is getting deayed day after day.
    ISITA CHATTERJEE/ MONOJIT CHATTERJEE
    isita65@rediffmail.com
  • edited May 2011
    This is to inform you that my husband and I have a joint MIS at Watgang PO, KIdderpore. My husband went to the post office to collect the interest on the scheduled date. He was at the post from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. but the Post master had not come and like my husband, several other customers had to go back home without transacting their business at the post office. Sir, I would earnestly request you to look into the matter and see that the customers are not harrassed uselessly.

Looking for a favourable reply.

Yours sincerely,

(Mrs. Monisha Singh)
    503/1 & 503/1A Parnasree Pally
    Sristi
    2nd Floor, Flat 5
    Kolkata 700 060
    From- ghoshtapankanti@hotmail.com

Sub. MIS A/c 3567235.

I informed Post master of Sontoshpur post office ,Kolkata on 29.10.2010 that interest for Oct 2010 is not credited to my saving account 17870100003438. I attached a statement from UCO bank Golf Green branch stating that Rs 700/-not credited against ECS (credit)dated 06.10.2010 along with my application
    I find you had sent the money through ECS but bank did not credit it due switch over of old SB A/C 3652
    to New SB A/C 17870100003438.
    Kindly look into it and arrange for payment of OCT 2010 MIS interst to my SBA/C 17870100003438.
    With Regards,
    West Bengal Circle
    Kolkata: 7000012.

Re: Transfer of RD Account No. 7017786 and Account No. 7018390 of
    Santiniketan S.O. to Pondicherry Head Post Office

I am sorry to bother you again that the above RD Accounts belonging to my mother-in-law aged 84+ have not yet made transfer nearly a year now from Santiniketan S.O. to Pondicherry Head Post Office in spite of you had given instruction to your concerned officers vide your letter no SB2/L-79/02/11 dated18/03/2011 againt my number of reminder letters.

I am disappointed even when the Sr Supdt of Post Offices Pondicherry Division had written for the transfer of said accounts. The same has not yet done by the Santiniketan S.O.

This transfer delay of one year has caused interest loss that to a senior citizen.
    I expect postal authority must take up as a case study of disobedience by the junior officers who could defy the official order by their higher authority. I would be happy if disciplinary action be initiated against those irresponsible officers for their such service conduct.

With best regards,

• edited June 2011
    The post master General
    Kolkata Circle, Kolkata.
    Sir ,
    I have not received several copies of Economic and Political Weekly which were sent by the EPW office (circulation@epw.in) regularly.The copies are8,9,10,12,14,17,18 of volume XlVI.Ihave reported them about the aforesaid copies but they e-mailed me that they have sent all the copies regularly.The copies are very much importatnt to me for my research work.So being perplexed Iam reporting you. Please give me a co-operative hand to me.I need your help because local post office will not bother me.
    I am
    West Bengal,712201
    E-mail:ppdube1@gmail.com
  • paltupaltu Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    The captioned Speed Post was registered at Narendrapur P.O. Kolkata 700103 on 22.07.2011. Till date there is no trace of the post. The P.O. failed to provide any whereabout of the same. Nor they could tell whether it was delivered or not. The content of the post was legal papers, So it is highly important that it should have been delivered in time. I am confused as to where I shall get the information about the fate of the papers. Speed Posts were designed for delivery on the following day for which higher charges are paid by us. Inspite of that if such uncertainty arises it leaves us in a confused state. So please arrange to apprise me of the present position of the Post.

Biswajit Dasgupta

August 5th ,2011.
    The Chief Post Master General,
    West Bengal Circle
    Kolkata: 7000012.

I Rajat Kanti Mandal of Dakshinroy Pally, Baruipur, Kolkata – 700 144, had send an application for the post of LDC [ Gr.- C ] of Kolkata High Court addressed to the District Judge, South 24 Parganas, 18 Judges Court Road, Kolkata – 700 027 from the Park Street Post Office, kolkata – 700 016 through Registered Post on 27/07/2011 though I went to the Park Street P.O. for Speed post but barcode for speed post was unavailable on that date that’s why I was compelled to post my application through registered post on the same day [ i.e 27/07/2011 ] after confirming from the counter that my application will be delivered at the District Judges Office, Alipur, kolkata – 700 027 by 30th July, 2011 [ 30th July, 2011 was the last date of receipt of the said application]. But unfortunately my said application letter had returned back to my home on 04/08/2011 after refused by the recipient office on 01/8/2011 [ as the date stamp shows 1/8/2011 at Alipur p.o ] .

I am at the age of 37+ years had lost the last opportunity to apply for this job. Now, my earnest request to you to send me a reply which will inform me what mistake I have done to belief in the service of Indian Postal department and for which I am penalizing monetarily and the delay in delivery thrust me into the state of agony of not getting the chance to appear at the examination for the job though I have paid the required Postal Stamp Duty for the said application.

Hope, You will consider my case sympathetically and send me a reply what action you have taken.

Thanking You,

[ West Bengal ]
    Mob : 9804717707
  • basudeb@kalyanibasudeb@kalyani Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    My NRI son posted an envelope with 2(two) nos of DVD discs on 15 th Dec,2011 from Saint Louis,MO 63108,USA. The mail was delivered in my letter box on 31 st Dec,2011 by Kalyani post office peon in open condition without any DVD discs inside the envelope. Moreover there was NO DATE STAMP on the envelope by Indian local post office. This clearly means that the local peon did some mischief & knowingly he did not bother to put any date stamp.
    May I request you to investigate this serious matter & arrange to return the DVD discs to the undersigned. Also I am ready to submit the open envelope with US postal stamp for your investigation etc.
    B.Bhattacharyya
  • edited April 2012
    on 18th & 19th of April'2012, i have been misleaded, mishandled by the post master of ghoshpara road post office, barrackpore, north24 pqrganas.

1) i have been maintaining a NSC account with the said PO since 2006.

2) there have been 2 nos NSC (10000 & 5000) having same registration no.

3) pm has no authority to issue cheque.

4) was it possible to pay one NSC in cash and other by cheque ?

5) does introducer was mandatory for opening a SB account when i am already having my NSC account with that PO

i shall be highly obliged if you inform me over mail about your replies.

sib sankar bhowmick
    S/O late kanai lal bhowmick
    suhasini bhawan
    panchanontala road
    po: nona chandan pukur.
    barrackpore

mail id: sibsankarbhowmick@ymail.com
    gour_abu@rediffmail.com
  • edited May 2012
    The computer facility in the Kankurgachi Post office is lying defective for last 20 days causing immense problem to the large section of people particularly senior citizens. The authorities seems unperturbed on this issue and no stisfatory reply is available as to when the service will be restores.
    Appreciate immediate action.
  • pradipdlbpradipdlb Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Office of the Chief Post Master General,
    West Bengal Circle, Kolkata.

Sub: Settlement of TDS refund claim from 2007-08 to 2009-10.

I the undersigned, a authorized agent , under your kind control , working at Pandaveswar sub-post office ( PIN-713346 ).
    Form 16A for the financial year 2007-08,08-09, & 09-2010 was issued from Raniganj Head post office as mentioned below :-

FY 2007-2008 Rs. 18729.00
    FY 2008-2009 Rs. 26332.00
    FY 2009-2010 Rs. 31440.00
    Total : Rs. 76501.00

It is a matter of great regret that I have not get credit of TDS for the above financial years. My refund claims has not been settled till date.
    I have communicated with Raniganj head post office,sr. Supdt. Of Post offices, Asansol Division, & Post Master General, South Bengal Region, Kolkata-12,in this connection.
    A letter ( Ref : L6/Misc-1/Corr-150/TDS/11-12 Dated 05.05.2011 ) from Sr. Supdt. of Post Offices, Asansol Division was issued to the Raniganj HO for necessary corrective action.
    But I am sorry to let you inform that no result was came out.
    I am an unemployed person depends entirely on this professional income and badly suffering from financial trouble.
    I am requesting your kind intervention into the matter that the problem may sort out as early as possible.
    Hope your kind response.

Sukanta Pally, Dalurbandh
    P.O. Pandaveswar,
    Dist : Burdwan, W.B.
    PIN-713346
    Dear Sir, I personally posted 13 nos wedding invitation cards on 13/12/12 from Sontoshpur sub-post office addressed to Balurghat (pin 733101),WB on fixing Rs 7/-stamp each but regret to inform that said Book-posts has so far not delivered to addressee till today i.g.27/12/12. I ,ll be grateful if You kindly take personal initiative & let me know the position of the Book-posts at the earliest. Thanking you, yours sincerely Malay Chakraborty, 7, Nutan Path,Morden Park,Kolkatta-700075 mail address mlchakraborty2@gmail.com
  • edited April 2013
    ONE ENVELOP WAS SENT FROM BEHALA POST OFFICE, KOLKATA-700 034 ON 08.04.2013 ADDRESSED TO BRANCH MANAGER, STATE BANK OF INDIA, NIMPURA I.G.C., KHARGAPUR - 721 301,
    REF. NO.EW223962104 IN, COUNTER NO:1, OP-Code:PA9, HAS NOT REACHED ITS DESTINATION MORNING. PLEASE LOOK AT THE MATTER AT YOUR EARLIEST AND ARRANGE TO REFUND RS.39/-
    BEING THE CHARGES PAID BY THE SENDER. BECAUSE OF THE NON-DELIVERY OF THE ENVELOP, THE SENDER HAS ALSO INCURRED A LOSS OF RS.1100/- WHICH YOU PLEASE ARRANGE TO PAY.

NIKHIL KUMAR BISWAS
    2/3B, BECHARAM CHATTERJEE ROAD, BEHALA,
    KOLKATA - 700 034

APRIL 13,2013
    YOUR POST OFFICE AT LAKE TOWN,KOLKATA 700089

COMPUTER FOR SENDING M.O. IS INOPERATIVE FOR A LONG TIME. AS A RESULT,FOR M.O., AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES FOR WHICH COMPUTER REQD.,COULD NOT BE DONE.YOUR STAFF ALWAYS EXCUSES THAT "COMPUTER OUT OF ORDER". AS A RESULT,WE ARE HARRASED AND FOR M.O.,AND ETC. WE ARE TO MOVE TO OTHER P.O., FOR e.g.,BELGACHIA/SHYAMBAZAR. KINDLY LOOK INTO THE MATTER DOING YOUR NEEDFUL.

THANKS,
    DIPAK CHAUDHURI
  • edited October 2013
    i went to regent estate po ( kolkata - 700092 ) at about 12.30 pm. the office was open but nobody will work. even the pm bluntly told me come tomorrow.

apurva roy
    aaaa
  • edited November 2013
    Sir, I,the undersigned, would like to lay before you the following few lines for your kind consideration and finalization of the case.
    Unfortunately, my husband Sri. Jitendra Nath Biswas had breathed his last on 08-02-2011 after a prolonged illness. Due to his severe illness and frequent hospitalization, he was not in a position to withdrawn the pension for the month of December'2010 & January'2011 and onwards.
    Subsequently, I had applied for the due amount of pension of my husband along with original relevant documents at Ranaghat Head Post Office. But the post office authority did not disbursed the due portion of the pension with the advice to produce the death certificate of the father and mother of my deceased husband. It is sorry to say that the aforesaid documents are not available at my end as they had died before 25-30 years. So, it would be convenient for me if you please advice any alternative way to settle the issue as I am in a serious financial crunch presently.
    Secondly, I am also facing same difficulties in closure of the savings A/C of my husband(SB A/C No. 423126) at Bagula Post Office, where the pension is drawn for want of nominee. In this regard also, you may please show the way out to settle down the instant issue to mitigate my financial hardship.
    Your valued advice and heartiest co-operation is solicited.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Yours faithfully,
    Place: Bagula
    Date : 13-11-2013. Basanti Biswas
    W/O Late Jitendra Nath Biswas
    Bagula purba para(south)
    Bagula, Nadia. PIN. 741502.
    PPO No. CGM/TA-374/Pen/JNB/13
    Savings A/C No. 423126
    Branch Post Office Bagula Under Ranaghat Post Office, Nadia.
    Email ID anupser16@yahoo.com
  • edited November 2013
    i wantad to transfer my ppf a/c from new alipore p.o to sbi main branch at kolkata-1 and new alipore p.o sent the documents to alipore p.o vide above speed post for onword transmission to sbi. the documents till date was not received by sbi as they claim. I ran from pillar to post toget documents but failed to get any result. Alipore p.o says that it is their official secret and can not divulge to any third party. sir,under these circumstances may i request request you to look into this matter and do needful. my origina ppf a/c no 715198 at new alipore p.o. Without above documents i am not able to deposit any money.
    yours faithfully
    Punam mondal. (M)-9748240144 Email I/D mondalpunam@yahoo.co.in
  • edited December 2013

This mail is with regards to concerns raised at Dum Dum Cantonment Post office, my mother has been trying for pre-mature withdrawal of her 4 MIS .
    Need suggestion the below mentioned.

• Is 4 copies photograph required for all 4 books since it has 2 stake holders per savings per book.
    • Voter ID according to the post master does not suffice as Address Proof, whereas it is been accepted by other branches in Kolkata.

Request your revert with suggestion at the earliest, since this decision of pre-mature withdrawal of MIS has been taken to meet a very crucial and immediate financial need at home.

Thanking you in advance.

Kuheli Dey
  • edited June 2014
    1 Speed Post No.EW 87421066 6IN sent on 17/6 and returned back to sender on 22/6

2 Speed Post No.EW87025448 5 IN sent on 23/6 and returned back to sender on 30/06

Above two speed post were returned back with a remark that addressee moved but for your kind information addressee reside in the same address.
    The address is given below :
    Shri Kumar Kanti Rahut, C/18 Katju Nagar, Kolkata 32 mobile numbers : 9836422565 and 9874472183.
    I have incurred Rs 39.00 for each speed post. Only thing that I have not mentioned is that the flat number. But it is the fact that postal delivery person
    have found the addressee but listened / obeyed some one who misguided both the times for reasons not known to me. The gentleman has failed in not contacting the addressee
    through mobile phone to verify the truth about his where about. An early action be taken please.
    You are requested to verify the above as the addressee is still awaiting for the post.

BIMAN KANTI RAHUT
    +919609761791
    Jalpaiguri
  • edited July 2014
    My husband was an employee of post office under your circle of -Bankura north Division under Sonamukhi circle of Tajpur -purakona ,Pin-722208.But unfortunately he was died on 23-07-2007, and now his Ar-ear of 2006 to 2007 which is divided in two steps which is 60% and 40% but I don't get any amount till now though more than 17 times inspected by your stuff and I deposited all the valuable documents.
    There for I requested to you pls attention regarding this matter and I will highly obliged to you.

Yours faithfully