Vodafone is not activating the replacement sim

vipul guptavipul gupta Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Mobile
HI,
Lost my cell phone on 30th, informed customer care for blocking and to issue a new Sim.
Got the sim next day on 31st Dec, It's been 3 days since i have got a replaced sim card but it has not been activated til now.
this is a really frustrating experience.....i have called more than 10 time today to get the Sim activated but of no use, always a standard reply -- "you have to wait for 4 hours". it's going to be 48 hours but nothing has happened.

Adding on to it, i was asked to visit Vodafone store in the day to get the Sim checked......they told me that the replaced sim was a faulty one and replaced with a new one with a confirmation of it getting activated within 4 hours.
Post 4 hours when i called up the customer care they told me that they have no idea about the same and i will have to re-visit the store for getting it activated.

This is so irritating and frustrating to stuck with Vodafone and its services......

Pls do take some action immediately on this & get it activated by tomorrow morning else i am going to close this account with you.

In anticipation of some response !!!!!!!!!

Vipul Gupta
Alternate Number - 9999796546

It seems as if you even did not take the pain to go through the entire email and have just responded back which is more annoying.

Any way, it seems useless to complain as nobody cares to even call back on the alternate number to understand the concern.

Now, if you can go back to your useless systems and chk the activation details of sim no - 82004109267.

Pls call me somebody.......!!!!

Vipul - 9999796546

[TH]From:
vipul gupta <2006vipul@gmail.com>

[TH]To:
corporatecare.del@vodafone.com, nodal.delhi@vodafone.com

Comments

• ubedulla998645592ubedulla998645592 Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    Dear All,

This is to inform you that, I am the customer of Vodafone. I'm using vodafone such a long time. I will be using the GPRS plan for every month i.e i used to rechagre for 95/- and i get 4GB data usage. Now they have revised to 1GB. Every month before expiry of my data pack plan they used send me a msg to recharge 95 to continue the plan. then i used to rechage. this month they have not sent sms and they deducted money from my main balance...when i asked customer care there were telling data pack expired today that's y it's deducted. then i asked for the details they have not given proper details. very bad and poor respond from Vodafone. requesting you to kindly do the needful and take some action on the same ASAP.

Ubedulla.S
    BLR.
  • vodafoneindiavodafoneindia Banned
    edited January 2012
    Hello Ubedulla,

Thanks for writing to us. Please note that Rs.95/- pack is not active on your account. If you wish to activate the same please dial *444*95# with a minimum balance of Rs.100/- in your account. For any further assistance please write to us at vodafonecare.kar@vodafone.com Happy to help!

Kind Regards,
    Vodafone Customer Care, Karnataka
  • shasank.singhshasank.singh Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    HI,
    Lost my cell phone on 18th, informed customer care for blocking and to issue a new Sim.
    Got the sim on 21st Feb, It's been 14 Hours since i have got a replaced sim card but it has not been activated til now.
    this is a really frustrating experience.....i have called more than 20 times today to get the Sim activated but of no use, always a standard reply -- "you have to

wait for 4 hours". it's going to be 14 hours but nothing has happened.

I talked to Neena - She said it will take 2 hours to activate sim.
    Amit - It will take 4 hours to activate sim but after 9 am - max time 1 pm.
    Rohit - Max time 2 pm
    Bhanya - (New info) - Team is working after 10 am and it will take time till 6 pm.
    Anil Floor Supervisor - I am trying but it will take 3-4 hours.

How many times I need to listen 4 hours?????

Please activate it on priority.

Shasank Singh
    9999371671, 08126702242
    Sim no - 89911100182006291H1
  • vodafoneindiavodafoneindia Banned
    edited February 2012
    Hi Shasank,

Thanks for writing in to us and for the time on our call, trust we were able to address your concern. Please email us at vodafonecare.del@vodafone.com for further assistance, we'd be glad to help.

Vodafone Customer Care, Delhi & NCR
  • edited April 2012
    Dear Mr/Ms,

I want to register complain because my new Sim is not yet activated. It has been more than 18 hrs and was assured by the Vodafone executive that my sim will be activated in next 4 hrs (also written on your website).For reassurance , i asked him thrice and he was so confident that he said it will be activated in less than 3 hrs.

After inquiring with customer care, i came to know that my request for activation has not been registered from the store where i purchased the Sim. This is the height of negligence.

Kindly note the complain and do the needful..

• edited July 2014
    I had visited a vodafone store in Chennai and got my replacement SIM on 05-JUL-2014. My SIM is not activated yet. When I call customer servicem they say that they don't have any idea as it is the store's responsibility. When I contact the store, they say that some IT issues.

This is really frustrating. I get my One Time passwords to that number for Online Transactions and I am unable to do the same. I am thinking of closing my account with Vodafone which is providing such a worse customer service.

Can I get my SIM activated?
    Vodafone excutive (miss neha vodafone care near by peeragari metro station) was said to us sim will we activate whithin 2 hour but its not possibe please solve my probelm