Complaint Against IRCTC

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I am from Odisha. I have booked an e-ticket from IRCTC in Rajdhani Express to travel Bhubaneswar to New Delhi on 13Oct2013. The train was cancelled on due to heavy cyclone (Phailin) and my area is mostly affected on which we don't have any electricity and internet for long days at all. After 10 days when I didn't receive my refund money, then I have called to IRCTC customer care for the same. They told me , I need to file the TDR for the same. Buit I didn't understand why I need to file the TDR for the train cancel. This is not my fault. This is the fault of railway who should return my ticket money to my bank account automatically as it was booked online.
    After the discussion with customer care then I did my TDR file, but after 11 days I received an email from IRCTC that the money can not be refund due to late TDR.

I don't know where is my fault. Why I will file the TDR for train cancel. If the train has been cancelled, the refund amount should come to my bank account automatically.

Request you to have a look to the above issue.

Below is my Booking details:

Mob: 09777445888
    Respected sir/madam,

transaction id-0790946360
    train no-18304
    train name-puri sbp int exp
    from station-bbs
    to station-sbpd
    date of journey-13-november-2013
    class-2s
    boarding-bbs
    reservation upto-sbpd
    date of booking-10-november-2013
    total fare-rs 111.24

above i have given the details of the booking.amount was deducted from my sbi account but ticket was not booked.therefore i request you to kindly pay attention to the complain and solve the problem as soon as possible.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi I booked my ticket from chennai to Malkapur in navjeevan exp I was the 2nd person in the Q. I was waiting for all the night..at lots I got waiting number of 56 & 57..in the ticket counter the
  • edited November 2013
    I have waited all the night I was 2nd in the Q you can check the detail in st.mount railway station But got waiting no 56 & 57(PNR NO: 4356718649) the time was 10.02am and the ticket counter person COOLY REPLIED PEOPLE HAVE BOOKED FROM HIGH SPEED INTERNET..then I want to now what The GOVERMENT IS DOING is it for people or brokers..

Poonam Sharma
  • edited November 2013
    I have booked ticket for my uncle & his friend on 01st Aug.13 & PNR NO. was 2821143895 & transaction id is 0728979776. Due to some personal resoan no body travel on this ticket hence I filled the TDR on next day i.e. on 02th Aug. 13.

till last week details shown that your refund is under process...but last week I saw that status shown as regerated for this TDR transaction.

Can you pls. help me to get back balance amount from railway....
  • edited November 2013
    An amount of Rs.321/- deducted from my SBI Debit card against Transaction Id No. 0792572229 dated 12-11-2013 while i was booking a ticket up to Yelhanka Junction in Kacheguda to Yeshwantapur Express for 10th Jan 2014. Ticket not generated but amount deducted.
    Please refund back the amount.
    T.V.Subrahmanyam
  • edited November 2013

I have booked ticket through IRCTC website for journey from Gonda to New Tinsukia by Chandigarh Express for Journey on 20.06.2013. Due to some personal Reason i could not travel, i filled TDR online for refund as advised by IRCTC. As already more than 4 month have been lapsed, still i have not received refund amount from IRCTC.

PNR NOS.-2145241794

1.MIRA DEVI DUBEY

2. OM PRAKASH DUBEY

Anurag dubey
  • edited November 2013

For waiting list cancellation why IRCTC have to deduct RS. 30 as cancellation charge on what basis berths are getting allotted or how we are responsible. on my travelling day my waiting list was 180 when i booked which is not confirmed but the waiting list tickets 222 when they booked got confirmed. If IRCTC dropped some tickets in between why we should bear the cost. it is not the matter of RS.30 as a govt. organisation it is like cheating from the public.
    TDR filing time also reduced to within 3 hours what passenger will do if he is night time traveller where he don’t have internet connection. Its all for increasing the revenue not in mode of serving public.
    expecting a solution on this.

John.A
  • edited November 2013
    2127.47 rupees has been debited from my saving account no.00000032250278451 baranga branch cuttack,,,without my knowldge please return back my amount..in ungrency
  • edited January 2014
    (January 02,2014) I had booked a train ticket under ID No. 0817498079 with PNR No. 2253927814 on 24.12.2013 for travel to Jammu Tawi from New Delhi in Train No. 12425 (Jammu Rajdhani Express) with boarding at New Delhi on 25.12.2013 at 20.40 hrs. The ticket was booked for three passengers with status as (Passenger 1-WL-78, Passenger 2-WL-79, and Passenger 3-WL-80) and an amount of Rs. 3202.47 was deducted from my account as per SMS received from LM-IRCTCi . However a SMS from LM-IRCTCi was received on 25.12.2013 wherein it was confirmed that only first two tickets were confirmed i.e Passenger 1-B1-15, Passenger 2-B1- 16. The status of the Passenger 3 after the preparation of Chart was WL-34. Keeping the status of the ticket in view only first two passengers travelled in the said train as can be got confirmed from the TTE of the Coach BI of the said train on the said date. The third passenger had to travel by Bus to Jammu. The refund amount due on account of one passenger who did not travelled with the other passengers due to his unconfirmed berth has not yet been credited to my account till date The same may please be refunded to my account at the earliest.
    [Jan 02, 2014] I received a call from the IRCTC representative from Mob. No.9572339614 requesting me to provide ATM card details besides registering my mob. No at any ATM counter which was complied with, though the mob. no. is already registered with the bank. No further response shown by the representative. Please look into the matter.
    [Jan 05, 2014] No response to my complaint registered with IRCTC (Refund amount under PNR No. 2253927814 for WL Ticket)
    I was not provided any complaint registration No. Though a representative of IRCTC called me on 2.01.2013 assuring that the amount will be refunded to my account but till date no amount as such been refunded. .The particulars of my card details as sought by him however was provided. SMS alert facility is already provided to my phone as enquired by the representative. The status of the refund amount due to me may please be communicated.
  • edited January 2014
    I did my tkt on PNR No. 6223596106. The tkt got partially confirmed, only 1 out of 5 seats were confirmed. I filed the TDR 2 hours before the departure of train. Now IRCTC is giving the reason that the TDR was filed late. According to the IRCTC rules, the things are not matching. Kindly have a look:

Ticket:
    "PNR No: 6223596106 Train No. & Name: 22894/HWH SNSI EXPRES Quota: General

Transaction ID: 0764332670 Date of Booking: 26-Sep-2013 11:28:33 AM Class: 3A

From: ROURKELA(ROU) Date of Journey: 21-Nov-2013 To: SAINAGAR SHIRDI(SNSI)

Boarding: ROURKELA(ROU) Date of Boarding: 21-Nov-2013 Scheduled Departure: 20:50 *

Resv Upto: SAINAGAR SHIRDI(SNSI) Scheduled Arrival: 22-Nov-2013 20:30 * Adult: 05 Child: 00

Passenger Mobile Number: 9437263077 Distance: 1378 KM

Passenger Address :- Vill- Kishore Kona,P>O- Khana JUnction,Dist- Burdwan BARDHAMAN WEST BENGAL - 713141

FARE DETAILS :

S.No. Description Amount (In rupees) Amount (In words)

1 Ticket Fare ** Rs. 6700.0

IRCTC Service Charges#

(Incl. of Service T ax)

3 Total Rs. 6722.47

** Inclusive of Service Tax - Rs 240 Only

# Services Charges per e - ticket irrespective of number of passengers on the ticket.

PASSENGER DETAILS :

SNo. Name Age Sex Concession Code

1 Dhruba ch Sethi 58 Male RLWL 7/ RLWL 4 0000/

2 Anjalibala sethi 50 Female RLWL 8/ RLWL 5 0000/

3 Manoj Sethi 32 Male RLWL 9/ RLWL 6 0000/

4 Sarojini 28 Female RLWL 10/ RLWL 7 0000/

5 Sashmita 28 Female RLWL 11/ RLWL 8 0000/

This ticket is booked on a personal user ID and cannot be sold by an agent. If bought from an agent by any individual, it is at

his/her own risk.

Confirmed Ticket – No Refund
    RAC/Waitlist Ticket - Clerkage charge
    Rs.30 per passenger
    Within 6(six) hours before the scheduled
    departure of the train or upto two hours
    of the actual departure of the train
    ALL PASSENGER CANCELLED
    Clerkage charge Rs.30 per passenger for
    all passengers including confirmed
    passenger

Note:- No refund shall be granted on Partially confirmed ticket against which none of the passengers
    has travelled, if it is surrendered /TDR filed two(2) Hours after actual departure of the train."

TDR Status:

"Transaction De tails
    PNR Number: 6223596106 Ticket Type: eti cket Transaction ID: 0764332670
    Booked On: 26-9-2013 Class: 3A Internet Service Charge: Rs 22.47
    Date Of Journey: 21/11/2013 Railway Zone: IRCTC Bank: SBI Debi t
    Total: Rs 6722.47 Train No: 22894 Ticket Charge: Rs 6700.00
    From Station: ROURKELA(ROU) Quota: General To Station: SAINAGAR SHIRDI(SNSI)
    IRCTC Zone: IRCTC

Refund Amount: Rs .0.00
    Nov-2013"
  • edited February 2014
    Hi All,

I booked a ticket for one of my friend and her mother from KR Puram to Vijayawada on 03 Jan 2014. But the train got delayed due to urgent maintenance activities and railway authorities were not even able to provide the expected arrival time. They assured minimum delay of 6 hours. Then they bought a general ticket and traveled in the general compartment of another train by sitting in the floor of the train. Two ladies suffered a lot in the midnight only because of the negligence of the railway authorities.

At the same time I have filed TDR within the prescribed time limit for the above mentioned ticket since the train was late more than 3 hours and the passenger not travelled.

As per the railway rules, I am eligible for the full refund. But the claim is not yet settled. Now I need the claim settlement for all of my amount and the compensation for the sufferings of my friend and her mother.

Please find below more details.

PNR Number : 4358360068
    Transaction Id : 0822448255
    Train Number : 02846
    From : KRISHNARAJAPURM(KJM)
    To : VIJAYAWADA JN(BZA)
    Date of Journey : 03/1/2014

Looking forward for your reply.

Charls
  • edited February 2014
    I booked a ticket today having PNR 6127770353. During booking I selected a option "Book tickets only if at least one lower berth allotted ". But, after booking I noticed ticket booked even no lower berth allotted . As per policy ticket would not be booked if preferred berth not available.

When I raised the case to IRCTC , they told its not possible and to request co-passenger & adjust.

This is not my fault. Mistaken is done from IRCTC. though there was option selected not to book ticket if no lower berth allotted, still your system booked ticket.

I requesting through this channel, to solve the issue earliest by providing one lower berth. or cancel ticket & refund full amount.
  • edited March 2014
    IRCTC website is pathetic these days to say the least. It is just a mean of wasting time and nothing more. I have been trying to cancel a booked ticket from past two days but the website is so bad that it either does not logs me in or immediately signs me out as soon as I log in or keeps waiting for the page to open but never opens. It is such a pain to operate on this website. Either make it better or completely shut it off.It is damn so frustrating.I am thinking of suing IRCTC if I am not able to cancel my ticket and if I loose money because of this. Do something about it.
  • edited March 2014

I have not yet received refund amount for my Pnr Number: 2155279904 (Transaction ID: 0843444273).i.e.Rs 690

and Transaction ID: 0843382357 i.e.Rs 1512
    Dear sir/mam,
    I have booked an i-ticket from pune to jaipur on 28-02-2014 in pune and postal delivery address in pune,
    My date of travelling is 05-03-2014, but still I not got the ticket, so plz tell how to cancel this ticket, any process online.

Please.
    This is the details of booking-

Pnr Number: 8321845605 Transaction ID: 0857946757

Total: Rs 549.94

Thanks.
    Krishna K Kumawat
  • edited March 2014
    ​I Have booked and Cancelled two Tickets with SBI Debit Card. I have contacted SBI for refund but not get any proper Reply from IRCTC. My Details are as Under:-

1.)

FROM:- HARIDWAR JN(HW)

TO:- VADODARA JN(BRC)

​DATE OF JOURNEY:-05-03-2014

DATE OF CANCELLATION:-25-02-2014

I have proof of tickets cancelled which is on my irctc id which is showing the status of cancelled tickets but as contacted with SBI irctc is saying that it is not cancelled but how it is possible and not providing any details to SBI Ahmedabad Branch of CCPC. Please look over the matter and refund my money to my Sbi Bank account.

Viralsinh Parmar
  • edited March 2014
    @his nation I want to raise my voice against injustice done to me by indian railways. please take necessary action against the cause because accept my money many necessary and valuable things are robbed.my pnr number is 672-5321815.
  • edited March 2014
    that day train was departed from KGP at 10:10 PM. and within hour time irctc website was not reachable due to schedule maintenance / whatever may be the reasons. and I am traveling by train some time internet was not continuing due to network failure through my mobile.

please let me know one thing that, how a person can do TDR whenever he/ she is traveling and your stations are not so modernized that you are providing cyber cafe within platform / station.

You have no idea about your KGP station's waiting room. There is only one waiting room where, SL, 3A, 2A, 1A, first class passengers are awaiting for train. So, may noisy.

Hence, your new rule is repudiate. if you are making some excuse rule where you do not have to pay passenger due to your fault and harassing passenger then it is not acceptable.

you are requested to settle the amount per return.
  • edited March 2014
    on 28.12.2013, train was departed from KGP at 10:10 PM. and within hour time irctc website was not reachable due to schedule maintenance / whatever may be the reasons. and I am traveling by train some time internet was not continuing due to network failure through my mobile.

IRCTC is requested to settle the amount per return.
  • edited March 2014
    when we book a ticket it takes longer than a tortoise walk time... i think irctc should become private and work more faster rather than these donkey type slow govt officials...kindly make this website faster for some convenience in booking tickets. The "irctc site" has seriously become a fuking network ever!!!!!
    Hi IRCTC,

If you gentelman unable to handle to load on server durring tatkal booking time.
    Than please stop giving this facility. Because due to your sucking lucrative facility I have wasted many hours and never get very urgent tickets.

Your site is total waste of time and money of Indian government as well as poor common people like me.

Please take a serious step towards solving the issue.

With wish you get some better solution
    Ravi Kant
  • edited April 2014
    ​I Have booked and Cancelled one Tickets with SBI Debit Card. I have contacted SBI for refund but not get any proper Reply from IRCTC. My Details are as Under:

PNR NO:-4814489237

TRANSACTION ID:-0866565410

TRAIN NO:-12285

FROM:-secundrabad(sc)

TO:H NIZAMUDDIN(NZM)

DATE OF JOURNEY:- 11-05-2014

DATE OF CANCELLATION:-18-04-2014
  • edited April 2014
    1. I am maj vikas lamba from ministry of defence, I booked my two tickets from IRCTC for which money was debited but no reservation was done. It is one week from now , no money has been credited back in my account. please refer transaction ID 0892078960 and 0892069387. Money of amount 7,500 has been debited from my account but no refund has been made yet . please look into the matter as it is disturbing my fiscal budjet of the month.
    2. My email address is vikaslamba123@gmail.com. pl help me out
  • edited April 2014
    My account is deactivated for no reason. So please reactivate it.

UserName: mecool4evr
  • edited May 2014
    Sixty days back I have booked a ticket for two in Garib Rath from Panvel to Ernakulam. My ticket status was RAC-60 & 61. But after chart preparation, My ticket status changed WL-26&27.
    Me and my family had to return from station. This has caused us great pain and inconvenience. It is next to impossible to get a ticket even in Tatkal.
    I have your SMS intimation of RAC Status.

Ticket details is as follows:
    TRAIN-KCVL GARIB RATH
    PNR-8121933198
    Journey Date- 02-05-2014
    Class -3rd AC

Jayakumar.P.V
    022 3026 3045
    Jayakumar.panayil@binani.net
  • edited May 2014
    At the normal working time between 7am to 9 am i did my tkt from irctc at 3 times...every thing was going smoothly but when payment deducted frm my account n process running that time shown error...
    Irctc making fool to save consumer money in their money..i want solution regarding this plz help..otherwise irctc will use every needi people money for their benifit...suppose when some poor person did tkt n same case showing ..n he has no more money for tkt..then what will they do... plz help
    my irctc id is 'mppkvvclkn'
    my email id is ravikumarsaraf@gmail.com
    plz reply in my mail id..
    sir/madam,
    I have cancelled four (4) e-railway tickets (through IRCTC) vide PNR NO 6328518510 FOR Rs 8420.00 ,PNR NO 6328579855 for rs 160.00,
    PNR NO 4361074737 for rs 1240.00 and PNR NO 4361161490 for rRs. 7060.00 on 07.05.2014 ; but till date the said amounts have not been refunded to
    my account.

JAY MITRA
  • edited May 2014
    Sir, i'm tithi roy , i was booked my ticket for new delhi to katpadi jn at 27 may,2014 it was ok but i don't know and why or how my account was deducted for indian railway caterin - pos 052757771560 - amount is 1391.24. Please refund my amount as soon as posible.