Complaint Against IRCTC

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I tried to book my ticket.Ticket not booked but money deducted from my SBI account.
    My transaction Id was 0211908069 whose PNR is 0. and this is in failure transaction.but money has been deducted from account.
  • edited May 2010
    I have purchased AC 1 A ticket through net using axis bank card on. 01.05.2010 for Mumbai to Vadodara and cancelled on 09.05.2010 for journey on 08.06.2010. It was i ticket . Therefore cancelled through Computerised reservation Centre at Ghatkopar/Mumbai. Details are as under
    PNR No.8142725383, Transaction id : 0208350242, Refund amount Rs.3665.
    As per the railway rules refund will be credited in the following day of cancellation. But even after 11 days credit is not received. Even IRCTC site also showing pending status.
    Dear MADAM(DIDI)

I am a resident of Rakha Copper Project(Jamshedpur)I try my best to
    booked ticket (TATAKAL)on internet for my daughter NDLS to TATA in
    2802. I try each and every day from 20th May to till date(25th May
    2010)but regret to inform you that whenever I try to booked the ticket
    the Msg show the service is not available.The msg regularly comes till
    all the tickets are booked. May I come to know how the tickets are
    booked when service is not available? I presume that this is done by
    some of your officers/staff.It is needless to say this type of msg not
    seen during the last ministry. I hope that there is a lacuna your your
    ministry. I hope you will personnely look in to the matter and solve
    the problem so that the needy persons are get chance to booked the
    tickets when requerd.Your early action and reply of the above complaint
    will be highly appreciated.

Contact:-
    HIRALAL SHAW EX-SR. PURCHASE OFFICER, HINDUSTAN COPPER LIMITED. RAKHA
    COPPER PROJECT.DIST EAST SINGHBHUM (JAMSHEDPUR) MOB. 09431112711 P&T
    0657 2730102.
    SHIBSANKAR BHATTA, DATED : 02/06/2010
    BERHAMPORE, MURSHIDABAD (W.B.)
    _____________________________

Respeted Sir,
    I wish to draw your kind attention that I booked an E. TICKET consisting PNR NO. 6342234110 DT. 29/05/2010 on TATKAL QUATA BY 8409/SRI JAGANNATH EXP. which would be started from HOWRAH at above 11 p.m.. I arrived at HOWRAH at 6-30 p.m., but the train was delayed to start about four hours and above and I returned to my residence at 6-45 p.m. to cancel the above E. ticket. But it was not possible to me to cancel the ticket due to chart prepared which was displayed on the INTERNET.
    Therefore, I request you kindly refund the elligible amount to my account as early as possible.
    Your cooperation in this regard is highly expected.

THANKING YOU,

Yours faithfully,

Shibsankar Bhatta
    Dear sir/Madam,

I filled one TDR against Train late for 6 hours on 20 jan-2010 but still it not refunded in my Account as its more than 3 months, and in TDR detail it is showing status as refund under
    Process.
    Kindly tell me how much more I have to wait for the same.

My login ID with you is-sharib_74
    Ticket is from- Bhopal to Delhi
    Date of Journey- 19/1/2010(3Ac)

Kindly expedite into this matter

Thanks & regards
    Sharib Rahman
  • edited June 2010
    We have booked e-ticket From Mugalsrai To Ratlam but amount is debited two time train N0.2942
    kindly arrenge the refund amount and one cancilled amount which is booked on 03.06.10

Ankita Prakash
    obra
    Resctected sir,

I have applied for TDR on 23-Dec-2009 my PNR No was 2629711737. Till Date i have not recd my refund.
    I am daily trying to call on customer care center not body able to answaer me. and even i have written no of mails for the same but no use. Customer care executive only says we have forwared your requet to indian railway wait for the update from indian railway.
    But i am keeps on waiting from last 5 and half monht.

Please look in to th matter.

Sachin Bansal
    Hi All,

I tried booking a tatkal ticket for sheshadripuram express from Bangalore to Chirala.
    I have selected citiback debit account to pay the fare. I waited for the payment to happen by poping up a booked ticket. But because of some reason after all processing i got error page. The ticket has not been booked but the amount (Rs.674) has been deducted from my account.

Is there a way to get back my money?
    If so, please tell me how to claim.

Shankar
  • edited August 2010
    I had travelled by Sapthathi Express (6027) from Chennai to Bangalore city on 8.8.2010. The train supposed to start
    at 17.30 hrs and reach destination at 22.30 hrs. My seat No. C7 - 66 and 67. There was no a/c at all till 17.30 hrs
    and atleast there should be fan . We were perspiring and could not tolerate the heat as it was ac compartment.
    We were shocked to see that there is no fan above us i.e. seat no. 66 & 67 . As there was no a/c and no fan
    above us, our jouney was very much inconvenience and we felt that other trains would have been better as
    there will be some airation for breathing.

There was no water in the toilet from Jolarpet to Bangalore and there was dirty smell which no one can enter.
    Since it is a/c compartment the smell was felt very severe and we felt vomiting. Actually the train stops at
    junction for food and filling up of water for toilet.

The train reached Bangalore city at 00.15 hrs on 9.8.2010 which is more than 01.45 hrs late. Being Senior people
    We had to walk and get transport with great difficulty and at last we had to pay Rs. 200/- for taxi as the fault was not ours. My wife still suffers with cold and fever due this trip and we spent nearly Rs.500/- for Doctor and medicines.

Since it is the Fault of Railways for giving so much inconvenience suffered during this journey, I claim a sum of
    Rs.700/- as damages.
  • edited August 2010
    Dear All,

I would like to spread light on the matter that my userID-sameermact has been deactivated and they are saying that it was becoz u are using more than one userID.

But im using only single userId in IRCTC.

I dont understand how come they deactivated it?

I sent an email to CareIRCTC and also tried Customer Care Number but nobody is picking the phone. Really this is what we called Government Organisation.

IRCTC as an government portal cannot make any place in the people's heart.

Sameer.
  • indyanindyan Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Dear sir/madam,

I have booked tickets from TATA to BINA and BINA to TATA from IRCTC ,for the date of 20th august 10 and returning of 22nd august 10.I made the tickets and was confirmed, During choosing TO and FROM it never showed that the UTKAL is not available from TATA these days. Utkal route is diverted from jharsugra is not furnished by your IRCTC Portal. And we are allowed to book the tickets from TATA station in UTKAL under IRCTC Portal.

After knowing from other people that UTKAL is no more available from TATA since last 2 months I cancelled both tickets coz UTKAL is not from TATA or reach TATA.
    I want my cancellation charges back which was deducted by you, Its not my fault that I made tickets from TATA in UTKAL. Your IRCTC Portal allowed me to Book the tickets from TATA and to TATA. Even the train UTKAL is not available at TATA since last 2 months.

Why you didn’t update that UTKAL schedule and why IRCTC didn’t showed me that UTKAL train is diverted and its not from TATA anymore? Why IRCTC allowed me to book the tickets if the train is not available from TATA?

I want my Cancellation amount back for these PNR.
    PNR# 6443130009 TATA BINA
    PNR# 2638279023 BINA TATA
    PNR# 2410052617 BINA TATA

Total of rs.310 was need to be refunded. Why should I pay the Cancellation charge if the train UTKAL is not from TATA or to TATA anymore.
    I request you to kindly refund back my cancellation charges for these three PNR Number ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Vikash Kumar
  • VikashgVikashg Junior Member
    edited August 2010

This is Vikash Gupta. I was using IRCTC user id for IRCTC log in.

On 13th Oct'2010, I got a mail from IRCTC claiming that I have filed a false TDR claim against PNR No:-2165310664 and that my user-id has been de-activated. They claimed that I have travelled and still have claimed for refund.

I would like to clarify and ask below questions from IRCTC :
    When you are asking a question about any TDR giving only the PNR number, how could anyone be sure of details of any PNR or TDR claims when you have already deactivated the user-id through which TDR or PNR details can be verified ?
    I tried searching my emails for the given PNR and found that the PNR in question is regarding my travel 10 months ago [Date14-10-2009]. I am amazed why this has been put-up so late ?
    On searching my emails, I found below details of PNR 2165310664

S#NameAgeSexSeat/BerthCoachStatus
    1VIKASH GUPTA028Male0045S1CONFIRM
    2ROZY GUPTA026Female0048S1CONFIRM
    Total Fare 00000280

On searching my emails, I also found that I have also received one more email from IRCTC on 21 Jan'2010 that refund is not possible as informed by Railways.Since the amount was not much (Rs. 280, from New delhi to Agra, Vikash Gupta/ Rozy Gupta), I decided to ignore the refund but less did I know that IRCTC will do this to me almost after 1 year when anybody could have forget all the details of the PNR or TDR.
    Now about the TDR claimed. I still insist that TDR claimed was absolutely correct. I have filed the TDR as it was being announced on the platform that the train would be late for more than 3 hrs and I could not cancel the ticket from there as I booked the ticket online. I travelled through ASR-NED express(2716) on the same day (two tickets booked from ticket counter at NDLS Rly Station Vikash Gupta/Rozy Gupta). The same can be verified as the tickets booked for ASR-NED exp were in sleeper coach. My seats in train no. 2191 must have been assigned to somebody else illegally.
    I replied back to IRCTC on 13th Aug'2010 itself but till date my user-id has not been activated. My issue is not only the false allegations but the problems being faced by me because of deactivation of my user-id. I need to travel on any one date in the current month and upcoming month due to some personal reasons and hence I have got booked tickets on every weekend of this month (1 coming + 1 returning). I need to cancel my tickets as and when required as I need to travel on any one weekend only. I cannot cancel the tickets on my own as my user-id is not active. Does IRCTC holds any responsibilty to avoid incovenience to their users ?

Because of all above reasons, I would like to escalate the matter to Consumer court and would like to demand quick look into the matter, re-activation of my user-id at earliest and refund of the TDR amount.

Vikash Gupta
  • edited September 2010
    Respected sir/madam ,

on the date of 9.09.2010 at between 2- 3 i went to book a ticket at yeshwantpur railway station in bangalore but did not get a full assistance. first of all i was confused about a problem so i wanted to ask her if the booking place of the ticket and the boarding place would be different can i get the ticket but for a small answer i was sent to the other side of the station to the inquiry cabin after that i filled a ticket from guahati to bangalore city station and went for the ticket and came to know that waiting list was there so i gave a form from muzaffarpur to yeshwantpur station on a day of wednesday as it was printed on the chart of train schedule provided by the railway department. but she told me it was not there and i asked her to see when was it and she told me to go to enquiry or to check a pnr status. so i asked my friend to check via mobile net that the train was on monday and the date was 8th of november 2010

when i requested her to see if the sits are available for the date of 15th of november 2010 she akd me to go and check the pnr status and come again

sir i would like to know how much time is it required to provide an information to a ticket customer and by the time we go again to the inquiry office the ticket may get sold. and people coming from village and not well aquinted with the system or a person who is illiterate does he need to wait for a longer period of time to go and ask each and everyone until someone helps him
    so i want to complain about the lady on conter number 4 between 2.15 as sh dint assist me and i think as the seat given to her is for public service rather than showing her power to them
    thanking you yours faithfully

milton dew,
    borshan debnath

we will be waiting for a response at barshan2008@gmail.com
  • gaurav0281gaurav0281 Junior Member
    edited September 2010
    I booked 2 Rly ticket for Train No. 3484in sleeper and the date of journey was 10th Sept 2010 from Delhi to Lucknow. PNR Number: 2110629194 and Transaction ID: 0250025861. But the train was cancelled by the railway authority. I filed a TDR for refund the same on 11th Sept 2010.

But still the process is still in pending. It always show the status as "refund under process".
    Kindlydo something in this regards
  • gaurav0281gaurav0281 Junior Member
    edited September 2010

Kindlydo something in this regards
  • edited October 2010
    DEAR SIR,
    I WAS BOOKED E-TICKET ON 28-09-10 IN 2887/HOWRAH-PURI EXPRESS FOR SCHEDULE DATE 22-11-10.
    I WAS CANCELLED THIS TICKET DUE TO SOME REASON 27-10-10 .THE TICKET WAS FOR CLASS-2A.TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY ME, WAS-2361/-.BUT THE AMONT REFUND ON 29-10-10 IS ONLY 1369/-.SO PLEASE VERIFY YOUR
    MATHEMATICS AND SEND ME THE DIFFERENTIAL AMOUNT.
    TRAIN NO.&NAME -2887/HWH PURI EXPRESS, PNR NO.-6445327017, CLASS-2A
    DATE OF-BOOKING-28-9-10, DATE OF BOARDING-22-11-10, QUOTA-GENERAL, FROM-HWH TO PURI,
    BOARDING- HWH JN., RESV. UPTO-PURI ADULT-03, CHILD-0
    MY MOBILE NO.=09430015481 &E-MAIL ADD.-pratikk99@Gmail.com
  • edited November 2010
    Given below are the details of TDR filed ( train late by more than 6 hrs) and status of refund :

S.N Transaction ID No. PNR No. Train No. Dt of Booking Dt. of Journey Value of Tickets Refund Status
    1. 0258363349 6347551008 2016 2/10/10 6/10/10 950/- 464/- refunded only
    2. 0258158669 6347531758 8628 1/10/2010 3/10/10 190/- NIL(Forwarded to Rly).
    Please arrange for immediate refund of the entire amount of Rs. 950/- & Rs.190/- . The trains were late by more than 6 (six) Hours and the same were not availed of.
  • edited November 2010
    I alongwith my family ( 3 tickets ) booked a railway on bhopal express 2155 , from Habibganj to Nizamudin dated 06 Nov 2010. I got confirm ticket in 3A which I booked on 9 Sept 2010. We reached station well in time and fixed our luggage as per our berth . But after sometime another passengers came and claim the same berths which were confirmed to us . On checking it was found that we were upgraded to 2AC. When we asked them why we are not informed of this upgradation while we get all information whenever we book any ticket through IRCTC. Answer given to us by the Ticket collector is that go and see the passenger chart which is displayed outside. I told him when our name is not there what is the fun in seeing that chart .
    I asked him when you/ your system has upgraded it ,is your duty to inform via SMS / Email etc. They have only one answer go and complait for it.
    And best part was , we were upgraded to side berths in 2AC ( Infact degraded) while we had confirmed middle berth in 3AC 2nos and upper berth one number which are more comfortable than side berth .

My complait is why there is no communication to the passenger when the upgradation is done. I understand that this upgradationis done at the time of chart preparation which is 4 hours before the train departure. How can IRCTC expect to check itagain when it is a confirmed ticket .
  • edited November 2010

I am writing to you as I have written several times to etickets@irctc.co.in but no response.

I had booked a train TATKAL ticket (via internet) on the 16th Sept

The journey was from Mumbai(LTT) to Nagpur, commencing on the 17th Sept.

The departure timing mentioned (In ticket as well as website) was 8:35 pm, when I reached the station I was told that the train is delayed and will depart at 4 am the next day (18th Sept).

Due to this long delay, I decided to cancel the ticket (via the internet)

I was unable to cancel the ticket as the website said that the chart is prepared.

This is unfair, If trains are delayed beyond means then it is their fault. It actually spoils our plan and therefore we have the right to cancel our tickets

I now need your cooperation for the refund.

Ticket Details:

Best Regards

SUMEET MISHRA
    (0) 9619194370
  • edited November 2010
    Please note that the amount of Rs. 3342/- of the cancelled ticket being PNR No. 4533544210 and Transaction ID No. 0248466251 has not been credited to my account uptill this day, although refund status recorded in the irctc online reservation page shows,- "refunded in account on 25th Oct, 2010". Please do the needful and oblige.
    sir
    i was travelling tomorrow from delhi to pathankot. in dhauladar express i was not on reserver4 ticket not on rac....i was on wait list my no was 1 ...the ticket checker juat say that if u want seat then u have to pay 500 rupees....i said that i only want a seat just to sit....he say i dont know if u dont pay then travel whole distance by standing.....i want action against the ticket checker . i forgot to write his name that was mention in his batch.....plz take an action against him.....and stop all this nonsense...
  • edited December 2010
    i booked a ticket from kanpur to new delhi PNR No.- 6248725415 Transition ID.-0266418707 for this irctc deducted the money two time for a single ticket and this money is not refunded to me yet so please do something for this
  • edited December 2010
    I am Santosh Kr., I made two e-ticket dt.09-07-2010 & 16-09-2010 against PNR No.2108241527 & 2210883406, Trans. ID 0228880746 & 0252553788. But First e-ticket not travel for my personal reason & Second e-ticket not travel for train late above three hours reasons. Two e-ticket TDR filed on 17-07-2010 & 19-09-2010 Rs.1280.00.
    So no any refund received by my after 5 (five) Months. please there reason to confirm me and refund amount credit our bank earlier as per possible.
    I requested to you please refund our amount earliest & oblige.
    RESPECTED SIR,
    MY NAME IS SWAGATA BANERJEE. TODAY WHILE I WAS TRYING TO BOOK MY TICKET VIA ONLINE FROM IRCTC, TICKET NOT GOT BOOKED. BUT THE AMOUNT HAD GOT DEDUCTED FROM MY BANK A/C. WHEN CHECKING THE SAME FROM IRCTC IN (MY TRANSACTION). IT WAS SHOWING LIKE .. [Pnr Number: 0 Transaction ID: 0288084401 Train No: 15657
    Train Name: KANCHANJANGA EX From Station: (SDAH) To Station: (NJP)
    Refund Details
    Payment Not Received From Bank ]. i HAVE SPOKEN WITH MY BANK ALSO & THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT AMT HAD BEEN ALREADY GIVEN TO IRCTC, AMT WAS 488/RS- SEVERAL TIME I HAD TRIED TO SPEAK WITH CUSTOMER CARE OF IRCTC, BUT THEY WERE NOT RECEIVING THE CALL. NOW PLEASE HELP ME OUT THAT HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK.

THANKING YOU,
    YOURS FAITHFULLY
    SWAGATA BANERJEE(22/12/2010)
    Dear Sir / Madam,
    Today (26/12/10) morning i booked a E-ticket from Gorakhpur (GKP) to Kanpur (CNB), journey date 29\12\10 & Train no. is 15107 through IRCTC. After finishing booking of ticket with my SBI debit account there was an error accured. Finally i found that the money is deducted from my account but ticket is not booked.

For your info Narration is written as "POS PRCH POS 036078192882 IRCTC" my SBI account number is 31266371074

Please do the needfull to get back my money.

• edited January 2011
    Shanmugam plz tell us the railways fine rules because common man have no idea about fines.All TTs TCs Collecting more amount from all the common man.Please Give the details of fine rules.
  • edited January 2011
    I booked an ticket on 26/06/2010 from PUNE TO AKOLA . PNR Number 8244546563 and Transaction ID 0225114391. But the train was late by 8-9 hours and i filled an TDR for my refund. They were saying that your refund will be given in 3 months... further they said to send letter to irctc. after sending 4 time letter still i didn't received my refund.
  • edited January 2011
    Irctc online website is not at all functioning between 07.59am to 08.15am. "service unavailable" message is appearing. This is causing lot of inconvenience to the passengers who want to book taktal. By 08.15am when we try to book taktal ticket, it shows regret of wait list. This is unfair from irctc. When they can't provide the services properly, why they shold offer???. It is very clear that this is the game played by irctc people and some travel agents. This needs to be stopped.
  • edited February 2011
    yesterday, i was go to the m.p. at night, from went delhi to m.p., i was on t time bt when i reach station on ticket counter bt responsible person is nt on that place, i was wait 1/2 hrs for a ticket nd other persons nt provide any solution for that he is bz own work left the irct work so plz i requested to i r govt. plz nd plz treated that type person whoch is not to responsible to irct work ........

chandan tiwari
    student of mgmt.
  • edited February 2011
    I am astha, a regular user of irctc. As i am a student and work in noida i book tickets 6times in a month. I canceled transaction id-0284354795 and 0286908424(pnr-8250354038 and 8250597146 resp) but money is not yet refunded. I am very annoyed with such a poor service. Even tckts which were not confirmed were not refunded back. I want my money back. Can any one take charge of this. Contact me- 8882483124 / 9650936746.