Complaint Against IRCTC

irctc-login.jpg
I booked an ticket on 9/12/2008 from delhi to amritsar PNR Number 6122232688 and Transaction ID 0081086902. But the train was late by 8-9 hours and i filled an TDR for my refund. They were saying that your refund will be given in 3 months... But till now i havnt recieved my refund.

Comments

• g.mayank2g.mayank2 Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi, i booked a 2A ticket of amount ~1900 from irctc site to travel on 31/5/2007 from Chennai to Gwalior PNR - 4455566949.
    I filed a TDR for the same before travel and its status on IRCTC site is Admin approval, and Refund under process. It has been more than 2 year for TDR. I contacted customer care many times by email/phone but no satisfactory response given yet.

please let me what shoud i do to get it processed.
    Dear All,

Regarding your complaint you just have to send a complaint letter to the Head Office of the Co. to get any solution on Company level. The address is:

The Director,
    Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC),
    9th Floor, Bank of Baroda Building,
    16, Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001.
  • edited September 2009
    Dear sir With regards I, L.K.Singh. travel from Nagpur to Ambikapur on Dated 20/09/09 with Train no. 8029 Shalimar Express. I have AC 3 tier ticket which no is 67251064 and PNR no. 8523288883, status RL/WL 14 – RL/WL 10 M41 ,during ticket booking. My onwerd reservation from Durg to Ambikapur in train no. 8241 dated 20/09/09, Ticket no. 67251065, PNR no. 6430108657.

My ticket was confirmed in B1 berth no. 39, but I don’t know during boarding at Nagpur in Train no. 8029 Shalimar Express. The AC 2 tier/3 tier conductor has told me your ticket has not been confirmed. Conductor misbehaved with me and took a bribe of Rs.100 and gave me a berth in AC 2 tier berth no. 4 without receipt. IN other hand the conductor booked my original berth (AC 3 tier B1- 39) for another person with general ticket and took a bribe of Five hundred & more without receipt. While asking his name he took off his coat and he leave the place.

I was not able to complain about the above matter in Durg station because our train was late. I have to come to know about confirmation of my ticket after dialing PNR enquiry no.134. yours Truly
    L.K.Singh
    Email ID: lksingh2008@yahoo.com
  • edited September 2009
    With regards I, L.K.Singh. travel from Nagpur to Ambikapur on Dated 20/09/09 with Train no. 8029 Shalimar Express. I have AC 3 tier ticket which no is 67251064 and PNR no. 8523288883, status RL/WL 14 – RL/WL 10 M41 during ticket booking. My onward reservation from Durg to Ambikapur in train no. 8241 dated 20/09/09, Ticket no. 67251065, PNR no. 6430108657.

• edited September 2009
    On Sept 21, 2009, six charges were approved against my visa check card. I was in Phoenix, AZ at the time these charges were made and I had the card in my possession. The fraud claim dept for the back refused to invitigate due to Visa approving these charges. Are there any other resolutions in getting my money back. Since then my card and account have been closed. Appreciate any response.

Dear Mr. Singh,

Have you sent any written complaint to any executive of Railway Deptt.?
  • edited September 2009

I had booked ticket through IRCTC website for journey from chennai to new delhi by
    rajdhani express for journey on 7.6.2009. The said ticket was Waitlisted one. On the
    date of travelling the said ticket was not confirmed, due to this reasons, i could
    not travel. on the next day i.e. 8.6.2009, I filed TDR online for refund, as advised
    by IRCTC. AS already more than 3 months have been lapsed, i have not received refund
    from IRCTC.

PNR Number 4307746999 Booked On 3-6-2009
    Transaction ID 0118489610 Ticket Type eticket
    Class 3A Internet Service Charge Rs 30.00
    Date Of Journey 07/6/2009 Ticket Charge Rs 5045.00
    Bank hdfcvbvpg Total Rs 5075.00
    Train No 2433 Railway Zone NR
    From Station CHENNAI CENTRAL(MAS) IRCTC Zone CCM/Refund, Northern Railway New Delhi
    To Station H NIZAMUDDIN(NZM) Quota General

Ticket Details
    S# Name Age Sex Coach Seat Res-Status
    1 S JAYARAMAN 41 Male 0000/ Booked
    2 S YOGABHAMA 31 Female 0000/ Booked
    3 S RAJAMBAL 75 Female 0000/ Booked

Reason For TDR : Passenger Not Travelled.
    TDR Status : Admin Approved
    Reference No : ekt200906800558548
    TDR Zone : NR
    TDR Filing Date : 08-Jun-2009
    Refund Status : Refund under Process
    Refund Date : Not Available
    Refund Amount : Rs.0.00

I request you to kindly pursue the same for immediate refund.

S. Jayaraman
    edited September 2009

Kindly send a written complaint to the IRCTC in this concern.
  • adv.sumitadv.sumit Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    1- Shailesh Kumar son of Chowdhary Rakesh Kumar;

2- Shikha wife of Sh. Shailesh Kumar

both residents of B.VII.620, Pindi Street, Ludhiana.

…..Complainant.

Versus

1- Union of India, Ministry of Railways through its Secretary.

2- R.K. Aggarwal, Contractor of Northern Railways, New Delhi.

3- Incharge of Coach No.C-10, Amritsar Shatabadi, Northern Railways, New Delhi.

4- IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) Bank of Baroda Building, 16, Parliament Street, New Delhi through its Manager.

…..Opposite parties.

O R D E R

1- Complainants, who are husband and wife, booked seats no.29 and 30 in coach no.C-10 of New Delhi-Ludhiana Shatabadi and travelled therein on 8.6.2006. Cost of food to be supplied during journey, was charged by the Indian Railways (opposite party no.1). Food was served by IRCTC (opposite party no.4) through its contractor Sh. R.K. Aggarwal opposite party no.2. As a routine, when food during journey was served, the complainant found the same to be of inferior quality. While eating, found glass pieces in the vegetables. Consequently, complainant started vomiting and started feeling pain in the stomach. The matter was immediately reported to the coach Incharge, who felt sorry and in writing, undertook not to indulge in such careless act in future.

This episode was also highlighted by the media. Complainants after feeling stomach pain, got themselves medically examined at Ludhiana. Such act on part of opposite party, claimed amounting to deficiency in service, by filing the present complaint U/s 12 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. It is averred that had they consumed entire food containing glass pieces, it would have endangered their lives. Serving such food caused mental tension, torture, agony to the complainant and consequently, are seeking compensation of Rs.5 lacs from opposite party.

2- Opposite party no.1 in their reply, admitted booking of seats on 8.6.2006 for two passengers in Amritsar Shatabadi by the complainants, which have been issued by Indian Railways. But claimed that catering services in New Delhi Amritsar Shatabadi, are provided by IRCTC, New Delhi(opposite party no.4) through its contractor, on its own terms and conditions. Further claimed that IRCTC is not an entity working under Northern Railway. For deficiency, if any, opposite party no.1 is not liable and they have been wrongly impleaded, so complaint against them deserves dismissal.

3- Opposite party no.2 contractor of opposite party no.4, has also claimed allegations of the complainant, to be incorrect, false and untrue, by filing separate reply. They averred that complaint is filed with malafide intention, to malign reputation and long standing goodwill of the opposite party. They admitted booking of seats by the complainants in Amritsar Shatabadi on 8.6.2006. But denied that food served in the train, was of inferior quality. He claimed himself to be caterer of the railway since last one decade and serving more than 100 trains across the country, having a turn over of 200 crores. Had they been served bad food, their services would have been terminated by the railways. They are ISO certified company. Qua the food served, only one complaint is made by the complainants. None till now, has ever made any such complaint.

This complainant did with an intention, to malign their repudiation. They denied presence of glass pieces in the food served to the train passengers. Also denied that complainant started vomiting on consumption of food. Had there been truth in allegations, tongue of the complainant, being a sensitive organ, would have immediately detected it while chewing the same. Allegations as such are false. Further pleaded that coach Incharge only distributed passengers opinion cards to the passengers at board, to give their feed back regarding the quality and services provided during the journey. The cards were to be submitted to opposite party no.4. But the complainant carried away these cards and they annexed false, fabricated statements on behalf of the coach Incharge. No complaint was ever lodged by the complainant with the railway authorities, regarding the incident. Therefore, his allegations being false, complaint is liable to be dismissed.

4- Opposite party no.4 vide separate reply, have also disputed and denied all allegations of the complainant. It is averred by them that contract of catering was granted to M/s R.K. Aggarwal (Opposite party no.2), having ISO certificate. Under the agreement with opposite party no.2, they are not liable for any liability, arising under the law of the land. Hence, they are exonerated from any liability under this contract with opposite party no.2. Further claimed that qua quality of food, no complaint was ever received by them from the complainant, nor food with glass pieces, was served to them during journey. No pain in stomach was felt, neither complainant vomited and also never got medically examined.

5- In support of their respective claims, parties adduced evidence by way of affidavits and documents.

6- On the day of arguments, complainant appeared in person and counsel for opposite parties heard.

7- We have perused the file.

8- Admitted aspect is that both complainants undertook journey on New Delhi-Ludhiana Shatabadi in coach no.C-10 on 8.6.2006. Complementary food was served. But rest of the allegations that food so served was of inferior quality, having glass pieces in the vegetables, stand in totality denied by opposite party. Also denied that complainant swallowed such food, having glass pieces and thereby causing vomiting and also feeling pain in stomach and thereafter, got medically treated from doctors at Ludhiana.

9- Though complainants in support of their plea, have tendered affidavit Ex.CW1/A of complainant no.1 Sh. Shailesh Kumar. He in that affidavit, has sworn all his allegations. But those allegations are also controverted by opposite party, by filing affidavit Ex.RW1/A of Sh. Jagdish Goyal, Area Officer of Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited; affidavit Ex.RW2/A of Sh. Amit Sinha of opposite party no.2 and affidavit Ex.DW/OP of Sh. Alok Sharma, Dy. CCM, Catering, Northern Railway.

10- As oral averments, as sworn by the complainant, stand controverted by opposite parties through their respective affidavits. Resultantly, question is why we should believe allegations of the complainant qua serving food, having glass pieces in the vegetable, while travelling in Shatabadi Express. In support of allegations, complainant has relied on passenger opinion card Ex.P1 and Ex.P2. In Ex.P2, Sh. Shailesh Kumar had written about presence of glass pieces in the food served on 8.6.2006. This report purportedly is also signed by some person. Who was the person, signing the report, nothing is made clear by the complainants. Neither the person or coach attendant is examined, to prove such report, contained in passenger opinion card. Even otherwise, in due course, such opinion card ought to have been submitted to some official of the Indian Railway.

If it was done so, then we fail to understand, how the complainant got copy of the same. He has neither examined any official of the Indian Railway, to prove that had submitted opinion card Ex.P1 and Ex.P2 to the coach attendant. Neither Ex.P1 and Ex.P2 are certified copies of the opinion card. In these circumstances, Ld. counsel for opposite party, Ms Vijay Sharma Adv. rightly contended that passenger opinion cards are available in the platform and complainant himself filled and attached copy thereof alongwith the complaint. He never submitted it to any railway official, nor made complaint about the food. We have no reason, to discard such contention of opposite party. Because no proof has forthcome, about furnishing Ex.P1 and Ex.P2 opinion card by the complainant to the official of railway and then obtaining copies of the same from them.

11- Simply, the report in “Punjab Kesri” that piece of glass was found in the food served to a passenger in Shatabadi, would not be any proof in support of the allegations.

12- We can not believe version of the complainant that he chewed the food and then swallowed glass pieces alongwith the food, causing vomiting to him and also stomach pain. He after feeling such stomach pain, got himself medically examined from the doctor. But that doctor has been withheld. We have no proof that actually, complainant swallowed, alongwith the food, glass pieces, causing damage to his stomach and then took medicines or consulted a doctor. In the absence of proof, such plea can not be believed. Even otherwise, it is difficult to digest allegations that while eating food, swallowed glass pieces. Because rightly pointed by the ld. counsel for opposite parties that tongue of a person, is so sensitive organ that whenever any hard substance alongwith the food is chewed, the same is detected by the tongue and the person instead of swallowing such food, would immediately put and throw it out of his mouth. Hence, she argued that such plea is also false that he swallowed, alongwith the food, glass pieces, causing pain in his stomach.

13- In this case, best evidence has been withheld by the complainant, by not producing the doctor or railway employee to whom, had given opinion card Ex.P1 and Ex.P2. Neither any co-passenger is produced, to support his allegations. Therefore, in these circumstances, we are of the view that complainant has failed to prove any deficiency in service on part of the opposite party. Hence, finding no merit in the complaint, the same stands dismissed. Parties are left to bear their own costs. Copy of order be provided to the parties free of charge. File be completed and consigned to record room.
  • edited October 2009
    Dear Sir ...I was traveling with my family from Howrah to Chandigarh by 2311up Howrah Kalka mail on 24th Sep 09 in Sleeper class ( S4- 41/43/44 ). I got a shock of my lifetime when I found huge mumber of people are running into the reserved copmpartment in all the stoppages of Bihar , UP and part of Delhi and occupying their seats by ignoring all the passangers who are having a long journey by reserving their berth 2 to 3 months in advance.As if we are travelling on their mercy. On protesting , they were using lot of offensive and abusive words .Traveling with ladies and children was a real nightmare experience.The whole episode was a very loud and clear advertisement how much insecured railway journey has become nowadays.TTs were walking to and fro all along the train seeing the entire thing happening under their nose, but they were absolutely indifferent on this and exploring through every possible opportunity to fill their pocket with filthy money .I have travelled in most of the party of the country by train and observed that the nature of Indian TTs are same everywhere.They just keep on exploiting the passenger to collect huge quantum of unofficial money and hardly bothered about passengers comfort and sucurity.One more thing I must conclude before I end this complain - " We have very high number of Uncultured and illiterate people in Bihar and UP who beleive traveliing in a train without ticket and reservation is their birth right " . I would appreciate a quick response from your side and tell us why rest of the part of the country don't have this problem passanger entering into a reserved compartment . I know I can't change the blood of Indian TT even in one thousand years .
  • edited October 2009

I had booked a e-ticket vide PNR no. 6424884223 in Janshatabdi from Jasideh to Howrah. Cost for the Ticket for Rs. 400/- The said Train got delayed over 12 hours. Not having an option had to travel on diffrent train, hence filed a TDR for rufund. I received an imediate message from IRCTC stating that the Refund fill get processed in 90 days, for which I waited. After almost over 100 days and a few reminders refund was made for Only Rs. 190/-, balance Rs. 210/- is still pending for reasons unkown. In spite of several reminders to tdrproces email ID have not received repiles as why only partial amount was refunded to me? while it should have been for the entire amount of the ticket cost.

Request your help in this regard.
  • edited November 2009

Subject:Probable tampering of the Tatkal seat reservation service, by irctc people

I usually have a very bad experience while using the irctc tatkal reservation service. This morning I was trying to reserve two tickets in the Tatkal quota from New Delhi to Surat. I was online at exactly 7:55 am. There were 80 seats available in the tatkal quota, and the booking time had to start at 8. At exactly 8:00 am, the website (irctc.co.in) just stopped working. There was this single page, saying "service unavailable". It resumed working at exactly 8:03 am. Within seconds, I entered the details, and found a Tatkal waiting list of 19. I am sure there is some trouble with the website maintenance department; some corrupt people selling away those tickets, in that 3 minutes time frame.

vipul
  • ji_anujji_anuj Junior Member
    edited November 2009

This is just to inform you I have booked my ticket for 17.10.09,which status was waiting.When the train was departure from the station after I gone to confirmed on 139 for my PNR No. but there status was not cleared.Again I called my one of friend & said to confirm my PNR Status but same thing found.Then I asked to TT but there is also no any status confirmed. After that I had to booked a ticket for general ticket. After 10 days when I back from Nepal.I mailed to care@irctc.co.in & etickets@irctc.co.in for this problem then they filed TDR which 50 amount will can be transfered in my account within 90 days.it means in their mind concept my PNR Status is confirmed. Again I asked to send my status according to you is confirmed. but still no response getting any response.Then it means that they just try to felicitate.
    Pls Suggest..

• edited November 2009
    I BOOKED 3 RLY TKTS FOR TRN NO. 2444 IN 3AC.DT OF JOURNEY WAS 190608 BOARDING POINT KGP TO BBS. DUE TO HEAVY RAIN ON 190608 THE TRAIN DID NOT TOUCH MY BOARDING STN.(KGP) FOR THE RESULT I COULD OT PERFORM MY JOURNEY. SO I CANCEL MY E TICKET WHOSE PNR NO 2511361546 & TRANSACTION ID 0048477610. i HAD ALREADY SENT MAIL TO CARE@IRCTC.CO.IN ON 190608 AND ALSO RECD REPLY BUT THE AMOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DEPOSITED IN MY ACCOUNT TILL DATE. THE 2ND REMINDER ALSO SENT ON 200109 TO EAST COAST RAILWAY, BDA RENTAL COLONY, RAILWAY COMPLEX, BHUBANESHWAR BUT THE AMOUNT IS NOT CREDITED TILL DATE IN MY ACCOUNT.
  • adv.omadv.om Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    you can send reminder to their higher ups and also can send a notice on your own for taking legal action may be they will listen then
    Hi All,

i booked two railway tickets with PNR no. 6126925904 and no. 6126823711 in AC 3-tier from
    PATNA to PUNE.The ticket was waitlisted and was not confirmed til the day of journey.On bording the train the TT said the waitlisted e-ticket gets auotmatically cancelled and now you are travelling WT,he chareged us money with the fine for travelling WT.TDR process was filled.After several reminders to IRCTC the money has not been refunded till date .Its now more than 4 months now.This is heights to everthing , we are eft to the mercy of Railwyas, first they ll cancel the ticket, then they ll charge u money for travelling without ticket.

Anyone to hear our greivances ?

Neha
  • edited November 2009
    Before passengers are redirected to bank for making payment they should be allowed to select the birth they prefer.
    I am over sixty and many a time i was allotted side upper birth and i had to cancel those tickets due to my inability to climb up to that birth. In the process i had to loose money i paid to bank for the online transaction.
    If i would have been informed that the birth to be allotted to me would be the side upper i would not have proceeded to make online payment.
    Like airlines and buses, irctc should provide seat selection facility.
  • edited November 2009

kindly help ! how i will get back my money. To whom I should write or send email.
  • edited November 2009
    i was booking ticket in 2321 up(howrah-mumbai mail) on 23rd november...but after paying amount my ticket was not booked and this happen two times and the amount has been deducted two times from my account....the 1st transaction ID is 0161935297 and 2nd transaction ID is 0161933912..... the amount was deducted twice but no ticket was booked ..

sir/madam please do some positive in this regard

thank u..
  • NATESHNATESH Junior Member
    edited December 2009

I had booked the 2AC Two seat from Yeshwantpur to Kacheguda by train no.2649 Sampark kranti on 13 June 2009.while booking the status of reservation was 13 & 14 WL. after a chart prepaired the status has changed RAC-3 and WL-1,hence the I only travelled partially waitlisted passenger dropped.

As soon as I reached I filled a TDR saying passenger didnt travelled becuase of WL. It is absorved that the process of TDR was so good they replied within a 1 day' saying that "your requested for TDR has logged,with ref No. ekt200906160570814.within a 90 day amount will be credited directly to the Bank"

I waited a more than 90 day's no amount credited,I put a mail again saying that "Kindly update the status of My PNR No.4108022511" very long reply has come we are sending a reminder-1 to the consern department.

after every month I started asking the status of refund, now no reply is comming and TDR history show's Admin Approved Payment under process since a 20 june 2009.

By this we can conclude the very worst service our IRCTC,provinding.:?

Kindly some one suggest what should be the next step..

With Regards,

Natesh.R :&
  • edited December 2009
    i booked a ticket on 14 dec 2009 . my transaction id is 0167428582. but no ticked was booked and balance was deducted from account. now no payment is recieved from bank is displaying. i need my money back.

gaurav
  • edited December 2009
    Why IRCTC site is not working in the morning hours. Sites remains unavailable for long times. I have serious doubt about their motives for keeping the sites busy or making the gate way unvailable. I had faced this problems many times. Be honest and make the things in proper order.
  • edited February 2010
    I booked my ticket on 01.02.2010 with transaction ID 0180425133 but the amount has been debited from my account but i could not get my ticket it was showing some error message so please refund my money.I had booked my ticket from varuna express from varanasi to lucknow.
  • edited February 2010
    I was trying to book a ticket on 04-FEB-2010 from Yasvantpur(YPR) to Rayagada(RGDA), giving lower berth as the preference and also marked the point which stated book my ticket only of one of the berths is a lower berth.
    IRCTC failed to book the ticket for me as the given preference could not be met but the amoount of Rs 813 was debited from my SBI account.
    My Transaction ID is 0181389465.A message was displayed saying the money will be credited back to my account. Hence i changed my preference and got another ticket booked for the same journey making one more transaction.
    In the failed transaction status in my IRCTC account, it shows Refund Status as Sent for Refund and Receipt Number: 348198.
    But till now i havnt recieved my refund. Can you help me out on this..
    epete wrote: »

I am going through the same thing now and I'm in NY. I've had two charges approved on my MasterCard debit card, and am currently in the process of disputing those charges. Card is cancelled, awaiting new card in mail. How the hell do they get your information to do that?
    Dear Sir / Madam,

I'd like to bring to your notice, a big flaw in the Tatkal reservation system, which is extremely disturbing for a common man.

I booked a Tatkal ticket dated:1st March 2010 on Chalukya Exp. from Yeshwantpur to Kalyan through the IRCTC e-booking facility on 28th February 2010. The ticket was for 2 adults and was charged with Rs. 920. I was mistaken with the timings and cancelled the ticket immediately after the booking. To my surprise, I got the message saying that my account balance will be refunded with Rs. 0. I tried to call the IRCTC call center, but they replied saying that the ticket has been cancelled and nothing can be done.

Although it was my mistake in booking, the railways must also ensure that the passengers be provided with the refund (atleast after deducting the Tatkal and other charges) OR the passenger must be allowed to book the ticket on alternative train other than the train in which the booking is done atleast for that particular day.

Of course, it is disappointing to learn that the passenger is provided with nothing in returm for the heavy sum. I hope this greivance is addressed as soon as possible.
  • edited March 2010
    Several hundred dollars in authorized fraudulent charges were made to my bank card ending in 5852 to your company. I WANT MY REFUND. My bank account was cleaned out. I will not be satisfied until my funds are returned to me. I will go to the Supreme Court if I have to.
  • edited March 2010
    Dear Sir / Madam,

I book a ticket on 22nd feb 2010 from site of Book Rail Tickets at RailTicketonline ? India?s Best Railway Site[/url] with
    USERNAME : LZGST7JZ5L

from secundarbad to Bhubaneswar.
    during time of booking it show that ur transaction failed due to server error.
    when i check my account the ticketing amout is reduce my account.
    when i cal to their customercare tyey tell me that ur tickcket is failed but ur amout is transfered to ur account 48 hours. They also told me that to sent a mail to pgorders@railticketonline.com
    but 480 already gone result still i am not get my ammount. in between this period i hav already call him mim 10.
    every time they ask for my contact no & my mail id from which i sent mail to them.

MY kindly request you please look into this matter. kindly refaund my money as soon as possible.

MY RBR NO: 8667478
    NAME: N.K Behera.
    bank account holder name : Nayan kumar sahu.

MY contact no is : 8125131050
    email id : nayanbls.sahu@Gmail.com.

p
  • edited April 2010
    I have been regular of irctc online booking and had good experience. Today I booked berth from Bangalore to Shimoga for 23.04.2010 by train 6227. Though there were enough seats my bearth was given in SU56/S3
    vide PNR no: 4216579169. I though I had made mistake in selecting seat and cancelled it and booked again. To my astonishment the same seat was reallotted. Then I booked ticket berth from Shimoga to Bangaloare by 6228. Same problem occurred. Though there were enough berths I was allotted SU08/S5. Thease days these things are happening. I want to know exact fact behind this. If this is a procedure then better irctc can shut down its business. It is a private organization and service motive is probably off line.
  • edited April 2010
    I have been regular user of irctc online booking and had good experience. Today I booked berth from Bangalore to Shimoga for 23.04.2010 by train 6227. Though there were enough seats my bearth was given in SU56/S3 vide PNR no: 4216579169. I thought I had made mistake in selecting seat and cancelled it and booked again. To my astonishment the same seat was reallotted. Then I booked ticket berth from Shimoga to Bangalore by 6228. Same problem occurred. Though there were enough berths I was allotted SU08/S5. Thease days these things are happening. I want to know exact fact behind this. If this is a procedure then better irctc can shut down its business. It is a private organization and service motive is probably off line. I do not under why Side Upper berth be allotted when there are other berths that to ladies(I have booked berth for my daughter)