Loss of baggage in emirates airlines

I TRAVELLED IN EMIRATES AIRLINES FROM LONDON TO AHMEDABAD ON 27TH MAY, 2011. MY FLIGHT ROUTE WAS FROM LONDON TO AHMEDABAD VIA - DUBAI. THE FLIGHT FROM LONDON WAS DELAYED & MY CONNECTING FLIGHT FROM DUBAI GOT MISSED. WE WERE GIVEN THE ACCOMODATION IN HOTEL & SHIFTED TO CONNECTING FLIGHT IN NIGHT FROM DUBAI. MY LUGGAGE WHICH WAS BOOKED FROM LONDON WAS LYING WITH EMIRATES AIRLINES & FROM WHICH MY WATCH OF LOUIS VUITTON BOUGHT FROM HARRODS, LONDON ON 26/05/2011 WORTH £ 10900 (i.e. AROUND 817500 INDIAN RUPEES) GOT STOLEN FROM THE LUGGAGE. THE BAG WAS BROKEN FROM WHICH THE WATCH & INVOICE WAS STOLEN. WHEN I COMPLAINED THIS TO EMIRATES AIRLINES ALONGWITH THE INVOICE COPY WHICH I RECEIVED FROM HARRODS ON EMAIL, THEY SAID THAT I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE CLAIM ONLY FOR $ 1800 WHICH COMES TO JUST 10% OF THE WATCH VALUE. I THINK THIS IS NOT A FAIR DECISION TAKEN BY EMIRATES AIRLINES.

SO I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE LOOK IN TO MY MATTER & I URGE YOU FOR THE PROPER CLAIM SETTLEMENT TO BE DONE BY EMIRATES AIRLINES.

I AM HEREWITH ATTACHING THE LETTER RECEIVED BY EMIRATES AIRLINES FOR THE READY REFERENCE.

Sent: 22 June 2011 17:30
To: 'Alpesh Patel'
Subject: DPR AMDEK11155

Ref No: AMD/EK538/27MAY/DMG/PILFD BAG

Dear Mr. Patel,

Baggage Claim Reference: DPR AMDEK11155 / 28 May2011:

Thank you for completing and returning the Baggage Inventory Form. On behalf of Emirates, we wish to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced when you traveled with Emirates.

We regret to learn that you have reported items missing from your bags. We have conducted a review of your claim.

Compensation for mishandled baggage including delay, loss, damage or pilferage, when any portion of a passenger’s journey involves international travel, is governed by an International Treaty known as the Montreal Convention and is implemented by the airlines of those countries that have ratified it. Liability is calculated in Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) at a rate of 1,131 SDRs. Each Special Drawing Right is equal to approximately US$ 1.59, depending on the rate of exchange. Therefore, taking into consideration today’s rate of conversion, without prejudice or admission of liability, we are pleased to offer the maximum compensation of US$ 1804.00, in full and final settlement of your above baggage claim.

Please complete the attached Claim Settlement Form where marked with an `X’ and return it, along with a copy of your passport, to our office for payment in equivalent Indian Rupees.

Some of the loss may be covered by your household or travel insurance policy. May we respectfully suggest that you contact your Insurers who may be able to assist you further with your claim.

We hope this unfortunate incident has not marred your impression of Emirates. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on board Emirates in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Emirates,

Ahmedabad

Comments

• edited October 2012
    My name is abdullah alansi i came by Emirates from jakarta to tehran .. im now in tehran n i lsot my baggages when i arrived tehran .. i dont know where they lost .
    information :
    file reference IKAEK47870
    NAME ALANSI /ABDULLAH
    TITLE/INITIALS MR/AA/
    FLIGHT/DATE EK357/13SEP/EK975/14SEP/
    NUMBER OF BAGS 1
    TICKET NUMBER ETKT1762408829558
    CLOOUR/TYPE BK25XXX
    TAG NUMBER EK510343

FROM TIME WHEN I COME TEHRAN UNTILL NOW THEY CALL ME ONE TIME ONLY N I CALL UR OFFICE IN TEHRAN THEY SAID NOT THIER BUSSNESS... I CALLED AIRPOET THEY SAID THEY DONT KNOW WHERE IS IT . I WANNA MY BAG BACK PLZZ GIVE ME NEWS N TELL ME WHAT I VE TO DO ...... I BOUGHT this cloths for wedding FOR MY FAMILY N I SENT U FAX TO UR NUMBER LIKE I RECEIVED SMS FROM UR SERVICE BUT NOTHING UNTILL NOW . AM WAITTING UR ANSWER THIS IS MY EMAIL ebrar.ansi@yahoo.com n this is my number 00989382272180 plzz contact me n tell me where is my bag .
  • edited November 2012
    I travelled in Emirates from Colombo to London on the 13 th of Nov. with the flights EK 349 and EK 15 by Dubai. My flight started from Colombo at 02.55.
    When I reached London, I coul not find my baggage ( a big dark blue hiking bag ), I was told that it had gone from Colombo by mistake to Los Angeles, USA
    with the name wilson/robert with following notes: los angeles, lut65w 2/42 0376 lax ek 0215/13 dxb ek 0349/13 ek 924505

Because I did not find my baggage from London I continued without it to Helsinki Finland. I have tried to contact Emirates and persons responsible for the lost of my baggage, but in vain, My name and home address is Eric Juhani Friman, Savontie 52 A 2, 76150 Pieks?m?ki, Finland
    I do hope to get my baggage back as soon as possible and keep Emirates Airline and her Colombo officials responsible for its loss in sending it with the wrong name to wrong place. Please, if you find it send it by Finnair or any airline to Helsinki and to me. Thank you.
    My friend Pekka T?hti has helped me to write this message, because my Englis is so poor. Please, if you find my baggage, contact first hin. His email address is petahti@gmail,com and tel, +94772730606 ( Sri Lanka ), +358504035571 ( Finnish phone ). My own email address is ericfriman@hotmail.com and home telephone number +358465463718
  • edited December 2012
    My wife has had the misfortune of having taken an Emirates flight from Mumbai to London via Dubai.
    One of her bags was lost on the way and no one seems to know where it is. We were told that the concerned team searched for it for 21 days but couldn’t find it.
    Post that, we were led to believe that the case has been transferred to the Claims Department (whose existence we have started to doubt by now) and that someone from that department will get in touch with us regarding the claims process.
    The bag was initially lost on 31st October 2012 and the official search period ended on 21st November 2012 and the file was transferred to claims deptt.
    We received a letter from Emirates dated 12th November 2012 (Ref No. LON/B/AE/021112832459) expressing deep sorrow and anguish at having lost our bag and assuring us that the claims process would start as soon as we provide you the proofs of purchase. Unfortunately quite a few of the items in the bag were such that we hadn’t bothered to keep the receipts for them. We would have receipts for items for which they were mailed to us electronically.
    Upon calling you helpline in Dubai with our query on how to go about the reimbursement if we don’t have receipts, we were told the claims team will contact us and explain the relevant process.
    Somewhat surprisingly (at least the first few times) there was no call the next day!!

Since then, I have made several calls to the helpline and have been always assured on the below things on every call,
    - Emirates is deeply apologetic for the lost baggage (yet somehow the claims guys can’t find the heart to give us a call back!)

- They know nothing about the claims process as the claims team is a separate entity with no contact to outside world (they don’t even have a phone number, imagine)

- The only way the claims team can be contacted is through an internal mail ID that can’t be disclosed to us

- The helpline representative is sending a mail to the claims team and the claims guys will get in office next morning and call us as their first task of the day

None of these internal mail exchanges between the helpline and the claims team have any effect though as we are yet to receive a call from any team regarding anything to do even remotely with our missing bag.

Now, after the last one of the series of calls to your helpline we have finally spoken to Ms. Samra (she insisted her first name was enough for everyone to identify her within Emirates and hence would not give her complete name) and she has assured us that someone will call us from the claims department tomorrow, i.e. 7th December 2012, (fingers crossed). She was also nice enough to finally give us an email ID on which we can get in touch with the claims team (she claimed that the dxbbc.emirates.com ID is for the claims team).

Now, I am mailing on this ID as a last resort to try and get some sort of response from the seemingly non existant / defunct claims department in the Emirates group.

I would really appreciate if you can provide us the required help in getting the claims process started and put an end to this whole farcical saga of baggage tracing (your tracing website still gives us the status as “Tracing continues, please check back later”! I can be contacted at any of the numbers given below.

Regretting the day I chose Emirates,
  • sriguysriguy Junior Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sir,
    I recently came from USA to India on nov 24th 2012.
    I baggage lost while i arrived in HYDERABAD Airport, India.
    i submitted a complaint at local emirates airport and they delivered my baggage after 10days to my home.
    when i opened my baggage and i see lot of items were missing in my both baggages.(worth of 5000 US Dollars)
    i have informed the same to emirates customer care and they are looked into the issue and finally they gave me an offer like around $1400 USD (not sure the amt)
    so i told them i will not ready to take that offer as i lost valuable things in baggage.
    so i need a suggestion how to get my total loss amount from emirates or total missing luggage from them.
    lost items like iphone,coach handbags,some crystal jewelerry,gifts clothes etcc
    i even paid $100 at the customs and $175 for extra luggage and i have all receipts.
    So Please do suggest me for my nexdt step.
    Thanks
    sri
  • edited January 2013
    Me my self Rita shah has travelled from USA to Ahmedabad via Dubai. during this visit I lost my hand bag - Blue colored American tourism brand bag.@Dubai airport on 10th Jan. 2013 @ 7:30 pm. I have my new clothes and Cannon Camera plus few Jewellery. I request you to found the same. My contect no. is 09824074499. Thanks.
  • edited March 2013
    Missing items in my Checkin Baggages - Emirates Airlines

Hi Sir,
    I recently came from india to jeddah on march 15th 2013.
    I baggage lost while i arrived in jeddah Airport, soudi arab
    i submitted a complaint at local emirates airport,
    now i am realy warried bca inside the lagage we have all the atucatin documant
    kindly found my lagage pls
    Thanks
  • edited December 2013
    Baggage claim refrence.AHL-SKTEK10010/21NOVEMBER2013
    case refrence;FE/161213/836981
    To Emirates air lines:
    from zeeshan siddique.
    tkt no. 1764176844251.
    flight ek.142 madrid 20 november to dubai
    ek.620 dubai 21 november to sialkot
    tag no. ek 115688

This is my second time sending you letter because i havent received my bag yet.
    i am very worried about my bag.my last destination was Sialkot airport Pakistan.When i arrived on airport i didnot received my bag there.At the same time i received a claim form, filled it and send it to Emirates airlines.Emirates airlineas gave me 21 days.Now passed 21 days but i havent received positive response from Emirates.Please find my bag out imegiately.Kindly accept my claim and reply me soon as possible.thankx
    I enclosed my email and contact number.
    Email-siddiqueadnan115@gmail.com ph-00923438812069
  • edited March 2014
    Dear nas,
    this is swapna.bandaru traveled throw emirates from chennai to kuwait via dubai on 27-feb-2014, that day 6 of my baggage were not received, i got complaint at nas office kuwait airport ,finally i received 5 ,still 1 baggage not received.

But internet tracking system through my reference number it is showing received at airport / delivery process initiated 1 mar 14 ,but actually i didn't received my baggage.
    In kuwait airport the nas staff they are behaving very careless and they didn't check properly.i was waited almost 4 hours on 28 feb 14 and 1 mar 14 they said your bag was not found then i left airport but now in internet it showing received at airport / delivery process initiated.kindly do the need full otherwise i am going to claim for my baggage.

Below are the details of my baggage:

My file reference: Kwiek40820
    flight/date : Ek543/27feb/ek855/27feb

recived baggage on 28 feb 14:
    1) ek185006
    2) ek185007
    3) ek185008
    4) ek185009
    5) ek1850013

missing baggage details:

1) ek185011: Brown colour small cartoon (rectaungular shape).
  • edited March 2014
    l.phon.4s 1..samsung galaxy 1.2.3.picees+1piece.wrist.watch..
  • edited March 2014
    l.phon.4s 1..samsung galaxy 1.2.3.picees+1piece.wrist.watch..
  • edited August 2014
    Dear Sir/Mam,

I Mr. Shamshad Khan, has send you the scan copy of the claimed form on the 29th OCT 2013 the Ref no. for the same is DPR BEYEK26213.

Since then i have not received any claim regarding the same. The Claim amount is for Rs. 4,500/- INR.

Request you to look into this matter at the earliest.

Please get back to me on my personal number # +91 9820793517.

Awaiting for your revert ASAP.

Regards