Complaint Against LIC Housing Finance Ltd

spkcse47spkcse47 Junior Member
Hi I am Prem, My File No in LIC Housing Finance Ltd is 206124.I was initially told that your Application and legal documents doesnot have any problem, you can get loan from LIC HFL by the Representative. and I was asked to pay the processing fee of Rs.5515/-.After applying I was not properly communicated for 3 months, After 3 months they said that your documents are legally not proper. Because they need some minite note it seems. We got the land registered from KSS which was run by our relegion denomination which had lots of procedures to give us the land. Now the director of the denomination is ready to answer for any thing whichever is asked by the LIC HFL. But they do not have anything called minite note. But the LIC HFL keeps on asking something which is not at all existing. I feel that my documents are not clearly studied by the LIC HFL representatives. So I kindly request them to clearly study the document and provide me the loan by tanking some alternate proof which could be submitted. or I demand the money to be Refunded by them. I do not understand one thing that, How I will give some thing which is not possible to be given..

Comments

• nitin80nitin80 Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    Dear sir /Madam

Sir i Nitin D shigwan have applied for a home loan in LIC housing finance .And i submitted all the required documents to the concern authority.And they have given an loan sanctioned letter to also .But after one month when the disbersement of loan is required to me , they are saying there is a default record in my name in CIBIL in the name of one credit card of one of the bank which i never take from any of the bank .And if any default is there please inform me the default cardit card bank name It may be help me to sort out the problem
  • edited May 2012
    I took a house loan of INR 2794000 in 2009 at 8.75% rate of interest (loan A/c no is 22960105969). I received an intimation regarding revision of rate of interest to 10.5%, and consequent increase in the duration of loan, with effect from November 2010 vide letter LA : 407430 dated 27/10/2010. On visiting Thane Area Office I understood from concerned Official that the existing rate of interest has been further revised to 11.9% and accordingly I was paying the enhanced EMI of INR 29128 since June 2011. I was surprised to note that the concerned Official has never bothered to intimate the same to me. Had this increase in rate of interest been intimated to me well in advance I would have considered the option of making part payment of the outstanding loan amount to maintain the earlier EMI amount of INR 27972. Another problem which could have occurred due to non-intimation of the enhancement in EMI payment, would have been paucity of fund in the bank from which ECS is being carried out. Consequently i would have been forced to pay penalty for defaulting on timely payment by LIC and the Bank also for no fault of us.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Team (A/c #120100000580),
    I have couple of issues and with great frustration and dissatisfaction I chose this medium to express it out.
    First issue: I was suppose to get refund cheque of 25000 as the same amount was paid by me to the builder and the bank had to refund it, which after following up for 4 months I have kind of given up. Everytime I call, they say its in process in few days you will get it and they ll throw the ball on someone else's court. Like this all of them referring Mahendra, Rahul and now Mr. Acharya have been fooling around with me.

Second Issue: I applied for ECS but due to Interstate banking issue it dint get through and as suggested by Mr. Umesh Datley from recoveries i gave PDCs till dec 2012. This guy dint submit the cheques on time even after follow ups that my account is not debitted pls check, at the end no response (LICs best policy=no response). I have complete mail trails that how many times i was behind him to submit cheques, today (10/09) he sends a mail saying they dint receive any payment for 2 months (Definately my fault that i chose LIC).

** Pls let me know if there is any better escalation matrix and that it reaches to the right person and they can do something as definately I am stuck for 20 yrs as i cannot change and they know it well. Writing this with a hope that it reaches right ears and for the masses to chose some other financing agency.
  • edited September 2012

I am Bhanu Prakash Vaid and my Home Loan Account No. is 310300000869. I would like a clarificaton on a discrepancy on the EMI I was promised in the sanction letter and the one I was made to pay.

Firstly, I would like to thank and congratulate the Kaushambi Plaza (Ghaziabad) Branch of LIC HFL for providing me with a prompt and friendly service. They should continue doing this to see happy faces around. Well done !

I applied for a home loan of Rs.13 Lakhs for 15 years under Griha Prakash super 3 scheme. It preferred 3 years-Fixed rate (10.7%) and rest on 'floating rate of interest'. My loan was sanctioned and I was notifed vide a letter (3103001476) of 07 March 2012. In the letter it was clearly stated that the EMI would be Rs.14,532 per month.

But when I went to the above-mentioned branch to submit my papers for loan disbursement on 28/4/12 I was asked to give them 12 post dated cheques for Rs.14565 each. I questioned the discrepancy in the EMI promised and being charged but the officers were unable to give any satisfactory answer. Eventually, I decided to make new cheques with the new EMI rather than delaying the matter. In this process I had to destroy all the cheques which I prepared earlier and had to make new ones, this was an un-necessary hassel I had to go through and this could have been avoided if I were told about the correct amount in the sanction letter. I was also made to pay Rs.3811 for April as Int.+BPI (due date mentioned 10/4/12).

I should be grateful if you would clarify:
    (1) why there is a discrepancy between the EMI promised in the sanction letter and the one which is being actually charged. Why this overcharging? If there is some mis-calulation then it should be rectified as soon as possible.

(2) Why I was charged Rs.3811 for April when the loan disbursement took place on 30 april 2012. I remember, your bank official and the DSA calling me after 7 March and asking me for early registry of home and loan disbursement. I told them that I would do that once my house is ready for possession as I did not want to pay interest unnecessarily. Please let me know what these charges were. I am under the impression that the interest is charged from the date of disbursement not from the date on which loan was sanctioned. If this has been charged in error then it sould be refunded as early as possible.

(3) Please let me know if there is a provision of now switching from 'Fixed rate for 3 years' to 'floating rate'. If yes, then please let me know the correct process for doing that and will there be any charged involved. As the Home Loan rate of interest in going down the floating rate of interest appears to be more attractive and beneficial.

Thanks a lot

Yours Truely

BHANU PRAKASH VAID
    505-D, REGENT APARTMENTS,
    SHIPRA SUNCITY, INDIRAPURAM
    GHAZIABAD 201014
    MOBILE : 9811431091
  • edited October 2012
    i have availed a housing loan to build my house at dehradun vide housing loan a/c no. 13033006092.
    and i have repaid ihe entire loan amount in the month of aug 2012. but after a lapses of 2 months ,i have yet not received the original title deed related to my property. i have severaly contacted to the branch official at dehradun branch but no body is interesting to satisfy me there at.so,you kindly look in to the matter and arrange to solve my problem at your level.
    my contact no.8595341717
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Sir/Madam,

My Name is Vinay Kumar. My Loan Account Number in LIC Housing Finance Ltd is 310500000441. I took this loan in Oct 2011, Now one year has been spent, Several time I requested to Ms Kawaljit kaur the Branch Manager of LIC housing Finance Ltd, Sector-31, Gurgaon and the agent Kamal Gupta for the list of document. But as per Kamal Gupta Ms kawaljit Kaur is not interested in doing any work. When I directly reached out to Ms Kawaljit kaur to get the List of document, She asked me to pay 300 Rs for bribery.

This is the Bank responsibility to provided me the whole document for the Loan and the written prof for the document that I submitted to the bank.
    Ms kawaljit Kaur is not a deserving person for this position. Her behavior is very rude towards customers as she is working on public dealing position. She asks bribery for doing any work. I have requested many times for the List of document but they don't want to provide me.

Please take a strict action on this matter. So that the corruption spread in the system like a poison can be remove.

With Regards
    Vinay kumar
  • edited March 2013
    I had taken loan from LIC Housing Finance Ltd Swargate Branch for a flat in Pune and I have a Bank account in SBI - Savda Dist Jalgaon.
    The LIC Housing Finance wants me to pay the amount by cash/cheque every month and are not ready to do ECS as there is an issue of addding the Savda Branch in their database. They are not ready to accept PDCs.
    This is quite ridiculous considering the current network connections available. All the other banks giving loans are able to provide ECS facility throughout India.
    This is basically harrasement to me. I have 2 options switch to another bank from LIC Housing Finance if they refuse my request of ECS. The funny part is they are asking me to open another account in Pune with SBI.... waht a joke.
    Hi Sir,

Loan A/C no.: 16064000808

I have taken loan for amount 19,00,000 for tenure of 20 years and after few months giving a reason of RBI increase in ROI my loan interest is increased from 9.75% to 11.9% and since from 2 years I have been promptly paying the loan and now I realised that the ROI has been decreased a lot by RBI and even the new loans provided for floating opted fresh customers in LICHFL is 10.25% then why not decrese it for existing customer. I have been paying more. I would like to register complaint and want my ROI to be changed as per RBI norms and implemented in that quarter itself and EMI accordingly.

Also I am now planning to take transfer of this loan to SBI. Please let me know how and from where can I get the every month detail of payment I did and corresponding ROI in that month?

please provide suggestion how can I go and apply this for consumer court and get justice.

Suman Matadh,
    Hi All,

I have taken home loan from LIC and have purchased new flat. The sale deed has been executed and it has been registered with my name. Later I noticed that my flat number is incorrect in my sale deed.

Yes I agree it was not verified thoroughly by me and builder. However it should be verified by LIC HFL before releasing my loan payment but not sure why banker has not verified such basic thing which became big issue for me now.

Dhandapani.A
    Hi All,

Dhandapani.A
  • edited April 2013
    I have taken a loan of Rs 825,000 on 10/06/2012 with EMI of Rs 17,921(Rate of int-10.4%) from Durgapur branch ,unit no – A405/C loan account no 210100000381 .
    My first INT + BPI is Rs 354 , due date 10/06/2013 , and then EMI of Rs 17,921 .
    On 10/03/2013 got a SMS to pay a due of Rs 3700 to LIC housing Ltd .
    When I enquired about that they says my first cheque of Rs 354 has some writing mistake ,that’s why cheque returned , now that Rs 354 became Rs 3700 .
    No one has intimated me before, about this mistake on cheque , I don’t understand what rate of interest LIC housing is charging , how a amount of Rs 354 became Rs 3700 in one year .
    Why I was not informed before when that cheque back to LIC housing, due to so called mistake on cheque .

This is totally unfair & I feel cheated by Lic housing .I have applied for disvestment cheque and now the staff of Durgapur branch are not handing ver the cheque to me .
    My last date of paying money to my bulder is 18 th April 2013 .

Please help me out from this problem .
  • edited April 2013
    On 10/03/2013 got a SMS to pay a due of Rs 3700 to LIC housing Ltd .

My last date of paying money to my bulder is 18 th April 2013 .

Please help me out from this problem .

My mobile no - 9556605144
  • edited April 2013
    I have taken 25,00,000 and I have started paying big chunk money when I had it. finally I went to office few days and i have paid the entire money – I have got 34,000 as pre closure charges.
    So what should I do now, should I fight back or be a common man and let it go ?.

Pavan
    91 789 314 9048
    Hi All

I have applied for the Loan from LIC HFL khushambi branch first they sactioned my loan approval i got a letter from the co. after 15 days i have submitted all documents for the disbursement of cheque they asked me to provide gurantor because this is reselling plot i have arranged gurantor also ..all documents of gurantor,proof ,tax return ,,they said they will do verification part they done it twice first verification in home & second in office after all this they said report is awaited ..from 4-5 days & verification is done long time back & also they said there is some issue in inventory of 3cs builder side the project name -lotus zing..noida

i dont know why they are fooling coman man if they are not able to provide loan then why they are advertising for lowest intersert rate ,loan with 10 days iam chasing them for cheque from last 20 days still they are not responding properly neither taking calls my money is blocked because i have already paid 20% amount to builder & 3cs is ranked among one of the best builder in noida.. & they LIC HFL is saying there is issue in inventory i dont know why they are making such excusses other bank like HDFC ,AXIS,SBI,BOB ICICI are providng loan immidiately ..with the name of this builder

i want it to highlight this in media ,social media also..because this is govt organisation & harrasing people ...

even i have tried to call @ regional office but nobudy is botheed to take calls there as well ..

this is how govt organisations fooling people... at least pvt banks are better than this they charged little bit higher interset but they listen people & resolve problem

can any budy suggest where do i complaint to resolve this problem

My application no-3103003178 applied in LIC HFL

• edited June 2013
    Dear Sir, Madam,
    I have applied for the Loan from LIC HFL PUNE SWARGATE BRANCH branch first they sactioned my loan approval i got a letter from the co. after 15 days i have submitted all documents for the disbursement of cheque they asked me to provide gurantor because this is reselling FLAT i have arranged gurantor also ..all documents of gurantor,proof ,tax return ,,they said they will do verification part they done it twice first verification in home & second in office after all completed procedure.But after complte this procedure they tell cheque disbusement within 4-5 day's completed but now it 15 day completed cheque is not ready.
    I dont know why they are fooling coman man if they are not able to provide loan then why they are advertising for lowest intersert rate ,loan with 10 days iam chasing them for cheque from last 15 days still they are not responding properly neither taking calls my money is blocked because i have already paid 20% amount to owner they LIC HFL is saying there is procedure done in 1 hour,1day the are not confirm date or time give to me.
    Even i have tried to call @ regional office but nobudy is botheed to take calls there as well ..

Pls reply as urgent bases to complete loanprocedure
  • edited June 2013
    I have applied for Home Loan to LIC Housing in Sept 2012 through the LIC Housing Finance representative. I received the sanctioned letter in Nov. 2012 with file No. 6107001299.
    I gave processing fee cheque to the LICHFL Representative. Because of some reason, My agreeement delayed for 15 days and due to that the validity of my sanction lettter over(90 days). So i applied for resanctioning the same. i got second letter of sanctioned in MArch 2013. But LICHFL was not giving me the sanctioned cheque of my loan to the builder as his payment was due. The builder was behind me for the payment. After 100 times follow up with the LICHFL Representative, I got assurance that he will give the cheque to the builder.

But In April 2013 first week, he said that my loan got cancelled for some technical reason. (My all documents and builders documents were checked and they found that they were correct. ) I asked the LICHFL to give my original documents back, the representative gave the documents on 26th April 2013. But on 22nd April 2013 LICHFL credited my Processing fee cheque in their account.

Without processing the loan, how can they credited my cheque. I asked for the receipt, but they said it is cheque payment so do not give the receipt. this is something very unprofessional answer given by the Sameer Tokare of LICHFL.

Another shocking is that on 14 June 2013, i got sms from LICHFL that your housing loan application will be cancelled on 28th June 2013. Kindly contact nearst LIC Branch.

My complaint is that if i took out all the orignal documents back, they how can my loan application status is On in LICHFL. When i will get back my processing fee. No where in LICHFL documents written that the processing fee is not refundable. I want my processing fee of Rs. 8989/- + 1345/- back.

Reply back urgently.

Lakshmikant
    lakshmikant@yahoo.com

I have taken home loan of amount 20,00,000 from LICHFL account no. 120800000463. Now, when I transferred my loan from LICHFL to SBI, authorities charged levy charges @ 2% of the remaining loan amount. But, as per RBI mandate released in June 2012, levy charge (prepayment charge) has been removed to maintain uniformity across banking system and allow customer to take benefits of lower interest rates offered by other banks.

Kindly suggest me what can I do to take my money back from the LICHFL.

Please let me know if some official complaint board is there for LICHFL to directly complain to authorities, if anybody is aware of.

Gaurav agrawal
    email - gauravnitc243@gmail.com
    Mob - 9000551512

LICHFL Account No. - 120800000463

I took home loan of amount 20,00,000/- from LICHFL, 1.5 years back. Now, when I transferred my home loan to SBI, they charged me levy charges (prepayment charges) at 2% of the remaining principle amount.

But as per RBI mandate released in June 2012, pre payment/levy charges for the home loans has been discontinued to maintain uniformity across banking system and to allow customer take advantage of lower interest rated offered by some other bank. Then, why LICHFL is still charging the prepayment penalty. I have inquired with other banks, they have discontinued prepayment charges.

Somebody please suggest where should i raise this to get back my money.

Thanks in advance for the quick reply.

Gaurav Agrawal
    email - gauravnitc243@gmail.com
    Mob - 9000551512
  • edited October 2013
    Dear Sir.
    I have made entire housing loan amount to LIC HFL including with the Document Retrieval Charges and taxes of amount Rs. 2809/- on dated 3/10/13 and I have asked to LIC HFL to please provide us the our list of document submitted in your bank on or before 08/10/2013 on dated 04/10/13. But till now no any fruitful reply given to us by the LIC HFL. I have also viewed on the web portal of Consumer Court and Grahak Seva that there are numerous complain against the LIC HFL.

Dear Sir I would like to ask all of you that Customer on the pathetic condition on the financial services provided by your banking financial institution that while customer was failing on the paying you one of your banking EMI even delayed by one days. you are penalizing him not even financially but also by rating of CIBIL of customer for that delayed on which your financial institutions is operating. But while customer paying the entire amount of your financial institutions and you are not handing over the customer document not even delayed by a single days, you are going to delayed for the numerous days in that condition you and your financial institutions are going to compensate for that situation your are compensating the customer for such kind of customer loses.

I would like to requesting you that such kind of discrepancy done by your banking institution, should not have further any right or official business to lend the credit in market and also they should have same kind of CIBIL to lend their credit in market at lowest interest rate than the RBI.

More over of that I am requesting you to please provide my home List of document on or before 08/10/2013.

From: "singh sk"<singh.sk23@rediffmail.com>
    Sent: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 12:19:46
    To: "sksharma "<sk.sharma@lichousing.com>
    Cc: "roeastern "<ro.eastern@lichousing.com>,"lichousing "<lichousing@lichousing.com>
    Subject: Fw: Please provide us the List of Document for the loan account no- 211000000611 for handing over to the IDBI Bank
    REMINDER-1
    On dated 04 Oct 2013 11:46:28, I have sent you mail regarding handing over of list of document submitted in your bank for further credit from the IDBI bank. But till now I have not received any confirmation mail that when I have the list of document while I have took the loan from bank. Please consider this issue as most urgent as I have made all payment.Further delayed in handing over of document will caused the matter of concerned and resultant will cost your bank.

From: "singh sk"<singh.sk23@rediffmail.com>
    Sent: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:46:28
    To: "sksharma "<sk.sharma@lichousing.com>
    Cc: "roeastern "<ro.eastern@lichousing.com>
    Subject: Fw: Please find the List of Document for the loan account no- 211000000611
    Dear Sir.

We have made the all payment regarding the laon account no-211000000611 for balance transfer of loan from your bank to IDBI bank. The details of payment are mentioned below:-

1. Amount Rs2400000/- vide dd no 1426(dt 30.09.2013) and your bank receipt no- 70375660 dated: 3/10/2013 and
    2. Amount Rs66957/- vide Cash Payment by customer and your bank receipt no- 70375395 dated: 3/10/2013. In which the customer was paid to you Document Retrieval Charges and taxes of amount Rs. 2809/- on dated 3/10/13.

Now sir it is kind request you to please provide us and our laonee bank IDBI bank the list of document deposited in your bank for the loan account no- 211000000611. As we have made all the payment regarding the document Retrieval on dated 3/10/13 by further or any more delaying. Also I hope that my issue regarding the handing over of list of document by you not to further delayed and on or before dated 08/10/2013. I will great thankfull to you in this regard on or before dated 08/10/2013.

• edited October 2013
    Hello
    we had taken a home loan of rs 2200000 from lic hfl
    recently we got in touch with me Manish of the swargate branch for foreclosure of the loan. We were surprised to see an additional amount of 490000 levied as foreclsure charges. At the time of loan application we were told that there would be no foreclosure charges. After much debates and multiple visits to the branch this amount was finally waived off . At the time of settlement some other charges were introduced and when we asked mr Manish to explain all this to us he made us run here and there to ask some madam or sir in the office. When we asked mr Manish to explain the final amount he gave us a figure of 2201319 and told us not to waste his time and just pay the amount. At one point he even got of from his desk and threaten to block the entire process as we were arguing too much. Finally we just made a cheque of whatever amount he cited. We still don't know when or original papers will be returned to us. I just hope that I am out of this as soon as possible.
    PS while all this its going on our emi and interest is still getting deducted.
    I hope my papers are released soon and I also hope that some corrective action will be taken against Mr Manish

Khambatt 7798489807
  • edited November 2013
    my loan a/c no are 13020503674,4329. the lichfl kanpur is working very bad.my instalment of Rs14365 double chrge in 8-10-2011. Date of instament changed without any information,My emi bounced,thanI got panality.Last year in august the sufficient balance in my accounts,instament bounced.after one year your company charged me Rs 9000,today. please solve my problem.

Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Subject: Notice 5: Legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers.
    To: P S Mehta <PS.Mehta@lichousing.com>, suman sehgal <suman.sehgal@lichousing.com>, CRM Northern RO <ro.northern_crm@lichousing.com>, crcell@nhb.org.in, "neetu.bala" <neetu.bala@lichousing.com>, bo.delhi_servicing@lichousing.com, lichousing@lichousing.com, monisha.bedi@lichousing.com, ro.northern@lichousing.com

Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Subject: Notice 4: Legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers.
    To: P S Mehta <PS.Mehta@lichousing.com>, suman sehgal <suman.sehgal@lichousing.com>, CRM Northern RO <ro.northern_crm@lichousing.com>, crcell@nhb.org.in, "neetu.bala" <neetu.bala@lichousing.com>, bo.delhi_servicing@lichousing.com, lichousing@lichousing.com, monisha.bedi@lichousing.com, ro.central@lichousing.com, ro.northern@lichousing.com

Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Subject: Notice 3: Legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers.

Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    Subject: Notice 2: Legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers.

Date: Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    Subject: Re: Legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers.
    To: suman sehgal <suman.sehgal@lichousing.com>
    Cc: CRM Northern RO <ro.northern_crm@lichousing.com>, P S Mehta <PS.Mehta@lichousing.com>

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

I am highly surprised and ashamed by seeing the behavior of LICHFL staff and manager.

How confidently, they were asking for "commission" and if somebody oppose then they are threatened him.

I will drag all of you to the court of law. You'll make it this profession.

LICHFL had already given loan to this property two years before. This is simply loan transfer case and you have already sanctioned the loan.

How dare you asked for the 0.5-1%commission?

Straightforward your staff asking for the bribe and LICHFL doesn’t take any action.

I am not going to tolerate this. If LICHFL didn't take any action then we have to lodge FIR against LICHFL corrupt officers.

Without prejudice to my rights, I request you once again; please provide the necessary information immediately and has also compensate for the delay.

If not, then I reserve all my rights to initiate all appropriate legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 and under prevention of corruption act against your branch officers for the willful negligence and deficiency of service at your cost and consequences.

VERIFICATION

I Gaurav Kapoor, House No. 70, Bhoor Bharat Nagar, Ghaziabad-201001, hereby declare that I have not misrepresented any facts nor have tried to hide any information in my above complaint. All the facts mentioned herein are true to the best of my knowledge.

Advocate Gaurav Kapoor

9717381090, 9312556950

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM, suman sehgal <suman.sehgal@lichousing.com> wrote:

Your loan has been sanctioned. The same has been intimated to you through SMS as well as through our agent Girish. Till date we have not received any documentation from your side for us to process your disbursement. I had discussed this with the agent also and I have understood that you have certain reservations in signing a couple of our formats . Also Loan has been sanctioned subject to some documents which needs to be complied with at the time of disbursement.

I wish to inform you that the documentation is designed by our Legal team and cannot be altered for individual cases.The disbursement can be processed only if all the required documentation is in place.
    You are requested to kindly visit our branch once and take all the required formats and checklist for disbursement.
    The early you are able to complete the formalities, the faster we can process the disbursement.

Suman Sehgal
    Area Manager,SRNO 2037
    Ghaziabad , UP
    Mb :9873600334

Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    Subject: Legal proceedings against LICHFL under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986
    To: ro.northern_crm@lichousing.com, bo.delhi_servicing@lichousing.com, am_ghaziabad@lichousing.com

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

As per my conversation with you, I do need to bring to your attention my experience as an LICHFL customer.

On 02/12/13 my client Mr. Karan Kapoor had applied for a housing loan from LICHFL.

In that application form I (Shri Gaurav Kapoor) and my father (Shri Ajit Kapoor) is also co-applicant.

For this we had submitted all the essential documents at F205, 2nd floor, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad.

After receiving the documents LICHFL has processed the loan by a File no. 3103003947 on 10/12/13 after verification and confirmation.

Now from last one week we are waiting for the disbursement of the loan.

When I had call to LICHFL executive Mr. Girish he said that there were some problem with the documents, and unable to tell what was the actual problem.

The behavior of your staff is very rude and unprofessional. This is your business to provide the housing loan. You are not in any undue favor to any one.

If you have any problem in this then tell it straight forward. Please don't give the childish excuse.

This kind of rude behavior not accepted from LICHFL staff and we are not going to tolerate this at all.

Without prejudice to my rights, I request you once again; please take necessary action in this regard immediately and give us the compensation.

Therefore I reserve all my rights to initiate all appropriate legal proceedings against you under section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 against your branch officers for the willful negligence and deficiency of service at your cost and consequences.

Regards...

Advocate Gaurav Kapoor

9717381090, 9312556950
  • edited December 2013

I’m a Customer of LIC HFL, have taken a Housing loan of 31 lakhs (LIC HFL Loan #411800000560) from Koramangala branch, Bangalore.

Yesterday, 26th December, LIC tried for an ECS of Rs. 561.8 rupees from my HDFC account for two times. As it was never informed to me about this ECS withdrawal from LIC, and as it’s the end of the salary month for me, I have no balance and the ECS got bounced on both the times.

Please take this as a complaint for why LIC tried an ECS from my account without any communication to me about this ECS?

Because if the same thing happens without my consent, it’s obvious that sometimes I may not maintain sufficient funds for the amount LIC is trying from ECS and the transaction may bounce, giving a very bad effect on my credit score.

Please find my HDFC account snapshot below for your reference:

Other than effecting my Credit score badly, HDFC is going to charge me Rs. 350 + service tax for each of the bounced ECS transaction, so its Rs. 700 + Service tax (bounced twice).

I have already verified with some of my friends who are also LIC HFL Customers and they also informed that they were not informed about ECS withdrawal of LIC HFL from their Bank accounts prior to the ECS withdrawal.

Please let me know as LIC is the defaulter in this case, when can I expect the compensation for the ECS bounce charges which are going to be levied by the HDFC bank?

Karunya
    Ph: +91- 9535644666 (M)
  • edited December 2013

I have booked a flat in Faridabad and have taken loan from LIC HFL, I included my Father as a co-applicant at the time of booking and now I want to remove co-applicant name but builder is asking to bring the NOC from LIC HFL but LIC HFL is not giving the NOC after multiple request and reminder and it has been 2 months and due to which I am not able to get the registry done,

Please help me ASAP as I am in big trouble because of all these,

Heydait
    heydait@gmail.com
  • edited January 2014

Today I have received your Cheque No.539886 dated 10/1/14 of HDFC Bank, Jaipur for Rs.1,62,500/- towards disbursement of loan sanctioned by LICHF. On scrutiny, I observed that my Account No. mentioned by Jaipur Office on the cheque is Wrong and therefore, had to return the same to you for issuing a new cheque or to get it countersigned for correction. Please note my Account No. 028201516332 - ICICI Bank.

It shows how callous or careless is LICHF and make the borrower suffer. I have nothing more to say on the style of working of your finance company.

Please direct the person/authority concerned to value or check the progress of work/construction so as to avoid delay in inspection etc. and to get the next loan payment on time.

Rahul Nair
    Mob: 7597917066
  • edited January 2014
    I am sr citizen we have taken home loan from l i c housing fiance faridabad in 2009 all the documents submitted total loan sanctioned was rs 25lacs out of this rs 21.56 lacs given from 2009 to 2011
    on the demand letter of bptp for the project the resort sector 75 faridabad we are only the customer who has taken loan from l i c in this project from b p t p
    at the time of allotment of flat flat no was x 203 after six month new flat in lieu of this flat no 203 new no was g -g002 all the change documents submitted by b p t p builder on that basis loan of rs 21.56 lacs disbursed noe we have to take the possession of flat , the registry starting from 27th jan 2014
    we have applied for n o c from lichousing now they are not satisfied papers submitted by b p t p builder they want allthe papers fresh builder is asking why you have released the loan on our documents
    we have paid rs 45lacs to bptp builder home loan is rs 20lacs we are paying our emi of rs 22000/= per month without any default now we have no option to stop e m i of lichousing and file case
    you are requested kindly do needful to issue n o c
    and lic housing issued wrong cheque cheque to be issued in favor of bptp resort pvt ltd they had issued in favor of bptp ltd cheque was not cleared and lichousing charged interest for appx 10months extra amount was not drawn from lic account bptp charged for late payments rs 1.29 lacs and lic charged rs 75000/= extra on not paid amount cheque amount was rs 631313/=
    pl soilve both points otherwise we will stop your emi w.f 14/02/2014
    mksharma
    sr citizen 8800539003
    you are requested kindly do needful to issue n o c
    pl soilve both points otherwise we will stop your emi w.f 14/02/2014
    mksharma
    sr citizen 8800539003
  • edited January 2014
    I AM SR CITIZEN WE HAVE TAKEN HOME LOAN FROM L I C HOUSING FIANCE FARIDABAD IN 2009 ALL THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TOTAL LOAN SANCTIONED WAS RS 25LACS OUT OF THIS RS 21.56 LACS GIVEN FROM 2009 TO 2011
    ON THE DEMAND LETTER OF BPTP FOR THE PROJECT THE RESORT SECTOR 75 FARIDABAD WE ARE ONLY THE CUSTOMER WHO HAS TAKEN LOAN FROM L I C IN THIS PROJECT FROM B P T P
    AT THE TIME OF ALLOTMENT OF FLAT FLAT NO WAS X 203 AFTER SIX MONTH NEW FLAT IN LIEU OF THIS FLAT NO 203 NEW NO WAS G -G002 ALL THE CHANGE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BY B P T P BUILDER ON THAT BASIS LOAN OF RS 21.56 LACS DISBURSED NOE WE HAVE TO TAKE THE POSSESSION OF FLAT , THE REGISTRY STARTING FROM 27TH JAN 2014
    WE HAVE APPLIED FOR N O C FROM LICHOUSING NOW THEY ARE NOT SATISFIED PAPERS SUBMITTED BY B P T P BUILDER THEY WANT ALLTHE PAPERS FRESH BUILDER IS ASKING WHY YOU HAVE RELEASED THE LOAN ON OUR DOCUMENTS
    WE HAVE PAID RS 45LACS TO BPTP BUILDER HOME LOAN IS RS 20LACS WE ARE PAYING OUR EMI OF RS 22000/= PER MONTH WITHOUT ANY DEFAULT NOW WE HAVE NO OPTION TO STOP E M I OF LICHOUSING AND FILE CASE
    YOU ARE REQUESTED KINDLY DO NEEDFUL TO ISSUE N O C
    AND LIC HOUSING ISSUED WRONG CHEQUE CHEQUE TO BE ISSUED IN FAVOR OF BPTP RESORT PVT LTD THEY HAD ISSUED IN FAVOR OF BPTP LTD CHEQUE WAS NOT CLEARED AND LICHOUSING CHARGED INTEREST FOR APPX 10MONTHS EXTRA AMOUNT WAS NOT DRAWN FROM LIC ACCOUNT BPTP CHARGED FOR LATE PAYMENTS RS 1.29 LACS AND LIC CHARGED RS 75000/= EXTRA ON NOT PAID AMOUNT CHEQUE AMOUNT WAS RS 631313/=
    PL SOILVE BOTH POINTS OTHERWISE WE WILL STOP YOUR EMI W.F 14/02/2014

Sub:-
    Additional /Penal interest charged in my Loan A/C No. 13026701602
    Misbehavior by your official
    Information under R T I Act’2005
    I have availed housing loan from your institution in April’2006 and since then have been maintaining my loan accounts (Numbers 13026508080 for Rs.2,00,000/- & 13026701602 for Rs.8,00,000/-) in most regular manner through ECS mandate and appreciably there has never been single default due to fault of mine.
    Notwithstanding sound track record of my loan account since beginning, I have been put to harassment, humiliation & financial loss due to lukewarm attitude and un-professionalism on the part of your office. Details are narrated hereunder for your kind perusal:-
    In August’2012, my ECS Debit authority was returned by Payee Bank in my Loan Account Number 13026701602 due to insufficient balance in account, even though my account was having sufficient balance (Statement Enclosed). After over 14 months, in the last of Sept.’2013, recovery agent was deputed to my place and it came to my notice that penal interest is being imposed every month towards default of said & single installment and same has amounted to over Rs. 4000/-. Earlier I was never intimated in any manner what so ever regarding charging of penal interest being repeatedly carried over every month in my loan account.
    I immediately approached your Sapru Marg, Lucknow office on 28th Sept’2013 & 29th Sept’2013 to enquire about the additional interest being charged in my loan account. It was informed to me that against the installment of August.’2012 additional interest is being charged every month though following monthly repayments have been regular and same cannot be waived /reversed. I most humbly requested that I have never been informed that Additional Interest is being charged, but, I regret to say that approach and attitude of your concerned official has been most un-professional & disturbing & arrogant to the feelings of borrowers/your client like me and never expected from reputed institution like your’s.
    During the course of my persuasion & submission that even in Aug.’2012 my account was having sufficient balance and also submitted Bank Statement to that effect (Copy enclosed) and requested to consider waiver as I was not at fault & was never informed about repeated Additional Interests being charged in my loan account. But unfortunately I was made to get out & insultingly told that Institution is not bound to inform each & every borrower as there are lacs of borrower accounts at their end & nothing will be done in the matter. These things happened in the presence of your Sapru Marg branch official Shri K D Ram & others present there on 29/09/2013 (Sunday). In case you are inclined/opened to any investigation /enquiry in this regard, I am ready to be present before any of your competent authority wherever & whenever required.
    As I have no option but to avoid further additional interest from being charged, I deposited the amount as was being demanded and vide instrument no. 412646 deposited cheque for Rs. 25,122/- towards installment of Aug.’2012 and Sept.’2013 & additional interest for Rs.4,122/-, reserving my every right for remedial recourse in the matter. Amount of Rs.4,122/- was charged towards default of Aug.’2012 single installment (Rs. 10,500/-) covering additional interest of every month, Bank Charges and Recovery Agent charges though I was never at fault as at the cost of repetition, my account was having sufficient balance in my account but I could neither approach my payee banker for remedy nor could adjust /deposit the amount required as your concerned office has miserably failed to inform me about such additional interest being charged regularly every month in my account/at your end, which was your entire internal accounting /mechanism that was happening in my account without any knowledge /notice/warning to me/borrower to adjust/deposit any such default and avoid imposition of additional interest further.
    I was never informed by way of Registered Letters /E-mails/Any statement of account/Visit of your Recovery Agent though I paid Rs. 300/- for Sept.’2013 visit through which I came to know regarding the things and are apprehensive that in case it was not brought to my notice, I would have never been able to adjust /repay my loan account as three to four such defaults shall be sufficient to erode my entire monthly EMI without any adjustment towards Principal Amount as there will never be any information/efforts from your office to alert the borrower and situation shall be most happier for your side. For borrowers like me such a scenario would never be better than Sahukars /Mahajans of gone days of our past.
    Details of month wise break up of additional interest charged in my said account are as under:-

Date Loan Amount Received Amount Adjusted Additional Interest for Aug.’2012 EMI Remark
    0/09/2012 10500.00 Add. Int 161.00
    Principal 4744.09
    EMI-Int 5394.91
    Bank Charge 200.00 Addl Int 161.00
    Bank Charge 200.00 Additional Interest and Bank Charges towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/10/2012 10500.00 Add. Int 310.00
    Principal 4845.71
    EMI-Int 5344.29 Addl Int 310.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    02/11/2012 10500.00 Add. Int 322.00
    Principal 4884.84
    EMI-Int 5293.16 Addl Int 322.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/12/2012 10500.00 Add. Int 310.00
    Principal 4948.47
    EMI-Int 5241.53 Addl Int 310.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    02/01/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 322.00
    Principal 4988.62
    EMI-Int 5189.38 Addl Int 322.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    02/02/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 321.00
    Principal 5042.28
    EMI-Int 5136.72 Addl Int 321.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    02/03/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 145.00
    Principal 5271.47
    EMI-Int 5083.53 Addl Int 145.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/04/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 467.00
    Principal 5003.18
    EMI-Int 5029.82 Addl Int 467.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/05/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 310.00
    Principal 5214.43
    EMI-Int 4975.57 Addl Int 310.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    04/062013 10500.00 Add. Int 322.00
    Principal 5257.21
    EMI-Int 4920.79 Addl Int 322.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficientbalance in my account.
    02/07/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 310.00
    Principal 5324.54
    EMI-Int 4865.46 Addl Int 310.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/08/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 322.00
    Principal 5368.42
    EMI-Int 4809.58 Addl Int 322.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    03/09/2013 10500.00 Add. Int 321.00
    Principal 5425.85
    EMI-Int 4753.15 Addl Int 321.00 Additional Interest Charged towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.
    28/09/2013 25122.00 Principal 15372.69
    EMI-Int 9449.31
    Recovery Charge Rs. 300/- Recovery Agent Fee 300.00 Recovery Agent Fee towards failed ECS of Aug.’2012 though there was sufficient balance in my account.

Keeping in view of the above, you are requested to kindly arrange to provide me following information to me under Right to Information Act (For the purpose IPO for Rs.10/- enclosed):-
    In respect of additional interest charged on 04/08/2012, 03/09/2012, 03/10/2012, 02/11/2012, 03/12/2012, 02/01/2013, 02/02/2013, 02/03/2013, 03/04/2013, 03/05/2013, 04/06/2013, 02/07/2013, 03/08/2013, 03/09/2013, provide me date wise details of efforts made by your office to intimate me about the additional interest being charged every month in my loan account though EMI was regularly being paid during consecutive months. How come I know about manipulation being done in my account in arbitrary manner and how borrower would be able to take corrective measures if any required as per your books/standards?
    What are intimations made on above dates through Registered letters/E-mails/Statement of accounts/Recovery Agent (Charges being payable by borrower for such visits), if so, kindly arrange to provide me date wise details.
    Only in Sept.’2013 recovery agent was deputed to my place and informed about such misappropriation in my account. I was made to pay recovery agent charges for Rs.300/-, which I paid vide referred cheque. Why Recovery Agent was deputed only after silently charging Additional Interest for continuous 15 months on single EMI amount even though interest @11.90% was being charged on entire O/S amount as well. Fees of Recovery Agent are always paid by borrower, then why such laxity & lapse on your part?
    In case, above intimations about Additional Interest being charged every month were duly made to me, I would have approached payee Banker timely for remedies/compensation in the matter and have protected my interest.
    In the interest of 100% transparency of transactions in my both loan accounts (13026508080 & 13026701602), kindly confirm whether any additional interest /penalty other than above has ever been levied in any manner in my accounts. This information is required for my perusal/ information as NO Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly/Yearly statement/E-statement is issued/made available to me. In case any Additional Interest/Penalty is levied for what so ever reason, details should be provided invariably.
    Whether any enquiry is felt necessitated by yourgoodself towards misbehavior made with me in your office (Sapru Marg branch) on 29/09/2013 so as to defend the image of your institution?
    In meantime I am contemplating takeover of my loan accounts by other financial institution and would be compelled in case justice is not prevailed upon and necessary reversals are not made in my said loan account. Besides, I shall be forced to take necessary legal & corrective measures befitting my interest in the matter.
    Looking forward favorable action in the matter,
    Your’s sincerely
    (Ahmad Salman)
    83-A, Nai Basti, Babuganj,
    Near I. T. College,
    Lucknow Mob. No. 9565802641 MAIL ID:- salman11111@rediffmail.com

C.C.:-National Housing Bank
    Deptt. Of Regulation & Supervision (Complaint Redressal Cell)
    4th Floor, Core 5-A,
    India Habitat Centre
    Lodhi Road
    New Delhi -110 003

I have been in regular follow up with LIC Housing Finance Limited as for one EMI of Rs. 10,500/- (Aug.’2012) over Rs. 4000/- has been charged in my account without any efforts /intimation from LIC HFL towards adjustment of that EMI (Aug.’2012) though during all subsequent months, EMIs have been regular and timely. Here, I submit that though there was sufficient balance in my account but LIC HFL failed to intimate me so that I may take up the issue with my banker as well have deposited that EMI. On the other hand LIC HFL kept mum all the times and preferred/continued to charge penal interest every month as above. Only in Sept.’2013 Recovery Agent visited my place and whole episode came to my notice.

I humbly submit whether such practice on the part of LIC HFL is justified and fail to understand whether availing loan from subsidiary of LIC (Govt. Of India Undertaking) has been a crime for which I have been made to suffer in such an unscrupulous manner (charging penal interest every month for one EMI default without any intention of borrower as there was sufficient balance in account, only payee banker was at fault and no intimation was made to the borrower regarding penal interest being charged every month. All subsequent EMIs are paid in my account on due date.)? One can well imagine the horrific situation for the borrowers in case there have been such defaults for more than two or three EMIs. Entire EMI well be eroded and there will be full O/S despite regular EMIs in subsequent months. Moreover, they are regularly charging interest @ 11.90% on my entire O/S balance including that one so called defaulted EMI (Aug.’2012).

No sensible person will like such default and charging of repeated penal interest in his account, in case it is intimated to him properly and with intention to safe guard the interest of the borrower. Here, LIC HFL has not only miserably failed but intentionally kept the borrower in dark.

For default of one EMI of Rs.10,500/- (for no fault of mine & without any proper intimation) I have been made to pay Penal Interest for Fourteen continuous months, Recovery Agent charges of Rs.300/-, Bank charges of Rs.200/-, which is never in the interest of borrowers and against ethics of banking.

Besides, attitudes of LIC HFL personals have been highly arrogant towards its customers and un-becoming of professionalism. I was insulted in their office on 29/09/2013 which I brought to notice of their higher authorities but nothing has been done as yet.

I most humbly request you good self to kindly look into the matter and please ensure that justice is prevailed upon by way of refund of additional interest charged arbitrarily in my account.

(Ahmad Salman)
    Mob. 09565802641
  • edited January 2014
    I have a Housing loan with number 510200002262 at Chennai - Anna Nagar branch. The builder P dot G first told me that the house will be handed over by December 2013. That didn’t happen. Then they told it will be done tentatively by 31st of March 2014. They are not ready to confirm this officially. But looking at the construction site, it will take at least 6 months to complete the construction. In this scenario the builder demanded Rs. 3, 552, 88 but LIC sanctioned Rs. 4, 44, 110 without any confirmation from me.
    When I approached the Asst. Manager from LIC, he told me that the whole amount was sanctioned as the flooring is completed. How can you sanction the whole amount without my confirmation? Now he has sent a email to the builder and is asking the builder to refund the excess amount. The builder is not responding for this email and LIC is asking me to pay this excess amount in the principal after the builder refunds it.
    Builder and LIC are passing this issue back and forth. The actual mistake is from LIC. Hence I request you to look into this and do the needful.