complaint against casa retreat pvt ltd, bangalore

Hi, I have taken this membership and paid RS 18000 for 3 years, due which i am eligible for one trip per year.
I had planned a vacation for Manali, first of all these people never pick the call on all the casa retreat numbers which they have mentioned on brochure while taking membership for the holidays booking.I went there myself and told them about a manali trip they had taken a request and after that they promised that within next 3 days they will respond and later will also send a voucher to your registered address, which never happened and when i went to there office next time after a week they told me voucher is not yet ready and you can leave the town before your trip date which was almost still 10 days left we will send vouchers in email..i received a email and when i went to Manali in the hotel which was booked there was no booking done by casa retreat on my name, i had to take a different hotel and stayed in different hotel.

I want to do a consumer court on this company and want my money refund as whatever they committed nothing is there and moreover they never pick up the call for any kind of queries and complaints.

Pls help my name is Mani Rana and my mobile is 9972049006

Comments

• edited November 2011
    CasaRetreat is clearly a fraud company!
    I barely escaped buying this ’’wonderful package’’. Their staff (named Prema) called me on a Saturday night and told me she is from a popular
    mall (Garuda)’s office and I have won their Diwali bumper sale and I have to collect things like dinner set, crystal bowls and 8 other gifts like this. I was doubtful and had inhibitions from the way she sounded too enthusiastic. But Prema called 6 times that night and insisted they are the mall staff and the gifts are packed and kept all I have to do is come and collect - no conditions attached.

Well, as fraud companies go, all they gave me was a Rs.50 pack and said rest will be couriered. They also made me listen to this package you are talking about. I didnt take it (Thank god for that). But decided to follow up on the couriered gifts (as I could smell fraud). If you call on the numbers given by them, a lady named Honey picks the call and keep saying ’’welcome welcome we will get back in 30 minutes’’. But they havent. Now they do not pick my call. Or worse, pick and then when i say my name disconnect. Big time fraud!

I pity those people who took up their packages believing their claims. And please note a member named ’’casaresponse’’ is going around marking every bad review as ’’not useful’’. :D Quite desperate they are!

• edited December 2011
    CasaRetreat is clearly a fraud company!

never pick the calls and moreover the service is worst

People who dealt with me are: Rahul (he looked like a 18 yr old, but called himself a manager), Prema, Honey and Megha.[/QUOTE]
  • abhikdas27abhikdas27 Junior Member
    edited December 2011
    Though I didn't fall in trap of registering with Casa Retreat but I would like to air my viewpoint that they are liars.
    Someone called Ms. Nisha, may be a false name, called up & informed about gifts won.
    Even after repeatedly asking if she is from some tourism company, she denied! She made us speak to her manager over telephone & she also denied the fact that this is related to any tourism company.
    Only after reaching there, we realized that they are just evangelizing their good for nothing packages & memberships. This just wastes their & our time!
    I don't understand what problem they have if they tell truth! No business can stand on lies & liars!
    Ministry of tourism should take some action against such companies.
  • vipulsvipuls Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    CASA Retreat also opened office in chennai to attract people and I believe they collected huge money by selling their fraud plan to the customer. Now office is closed in chennai. I also spent huge amount as 25000 in year 2010. first year they booked holiday for me for Ooti but I have paid huge amount towards confirmation and instead of family they provided for two memebors only. Now Chennai office is closed after that. Now this time I have asked them to book holiday for Kodai but they not booking and asking me to go Munnar. I am attaching email details. pl take necessary action agains CASA RETREAT and to refund my money....
    Forwarded Message
    Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012 12:39 PM

Hi...
    Please book my voucher for Kodaikanal else return my money what ever you LOOT as membership.
    If no posive response by today then goint to publish and file the case against you cheating and fraud.

VIpul

Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 4:41 PM
    Subject: Re: Book hotel stay at Kodaikanal - Membership No. CRPS-C-0-1744

But whenever you sold me holiday membership your people told me that available !

Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2012 4:09 PM
    Subject: Re: Book hotel stay at Kodaikanal - Membership No. CRPS-C-0-1744

we can book for the same dates at Munnar, kodai we do not have the hotel

Sent: Wednesday, 4 April 2012 5:23 PM

Mr. Venkatesh / Ravi,

As carry forwarded 2nd year holidays, Now pl book my Kodaikanal hotel accommodation for three adults from 7 May 2012 to 12 May 2012.

Kindly confirm me Check in/Check out schedule for the said booking dates, accordingly I have to book my travel
    tickets. Provide me voucher for this hotel booking.

Sent: Saturday, 10 December 2011 12:57 PM
    Subject: Re: Book hotel stay at Kodaikanal - Membership No. CRPS-C-0-1744

We have taken a carry fwd for your this years holiday to next year
    Kindly give us the required advance notice for any confirmation

Sent: Friday, 9 December 2011 5:26 PM

Ravi,

But when I purchased package that time your people confirmed that pick season booking can be done based on 350 rs ext charges. And now I am surprised with this answer. I think I have to log the complain with consumer court as your phone also not working.

If you are unable to book pl return my total money as last year also I have faced huge trouble for booking and not as per satisfactory.

Kindly carry forward this year vacation for the next year as per agreement and I will visit by January sometime. confirm me.

Pl provide me your contact number to talk on this or call me.

Sent: Friday, 9 December 2011 2:57 PM

Dear Vipul,

Kindly note that all our listed destinations (incl. Kodaikanal) are in peak season during Dec monthe and specially the period between 24 dec to 02 Jan is very high in demand and is sold out even 2 months in adv.
    As per the membership T&C we require a minimum 30 days advance notice to confirm any booking of a destination in peak season
    Kindly give us required adv notice to confirm your booking, we are sorry but we will not be able to confirm your request this time

Ravi

To: "casaretreat@yahoo.com" <casaretreat@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Friday, 9 December 2011 11:02 AM
    Subject: Book hotel stay at Kodaikanal - Membership No. CRPS-C-0-1744

Mr. Venkatesh,

Please find my CASA Retreat Membership Number is CRPS-C-0-1744.

I am planning to visit Kodaikanal by 24 Dec 2011.

Please book the hotel accommodation for three adults to stay in Kodaikanal from 24 Dec 2011 to 29 Dec 2011.

Kindly confirm me Check in/Check out schedule for the said booking date, accordingly I have to book my travel
    tickets. Provide me voucher for this hotel booking.

# 9940026172
  • edited April 2012
    This is savithri saishankar from Chennai. We have joined as a member in Casatreat Pvt. Ltd., by paying Rs. 16,000/- for 3 years.
    And they made agreement for Utilising of rooms during traves in holiday spot for 3days per year. I never utilised anything. At the
    end of 3rd year they mentioned in their agreement they will repay the amount of 1/3 of the amount which we paid earlier. But at the
    time when I ask the payment they are asking you have to give receipt. they made the agreement only after the full payment. These people
    are cheated and they are doing business with other people. Please help me in this regard.
  • arnikaarnika Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    I got several calls from a lady saying that because of my purchases, I had won a gift hamper and need to collect it. I went to their office with my wife and there came a girl and a boy telling me great things about how Casa Retreat manages holidays. Since we had moved to Bangalore and wanted to see South India, we became their members. And there started our harrowing experience.
    I called them to book for Kodai. They said they will get back to me, but one month passed and they never called me. When I went to their office they lied that they had booked a holiday for me. When I said why didn't you call me, Venkatesh said, he did. I told him I did not receive any calls, he didn't say anything. Then he said he could book me for Mangalore. I said, I don't want Mangalore. Then they booked Ooty for me. When I reached Ooty, the hotel asked me for Rs500 extra as the booking didn't include my arrival time of morning. I asked him to call Casa and sort out the matter and I didn't pay.
    For all 3 years, Casa never picked any call or respond. I had to physically go and get my holidays booked. And everytime they asked for 350 per day extra saying this was busy season. They also promised to pay 50% of my food expenses back, but never gave a penny also.
    Venkatesh is the biggest liar, never trust him for anything.
    CasaRetreat is clearly a fraud company!
    mall (Garuda)’s office and I have won their bumper sale and I have to collect things like dinner set, crystal bowls and 8 other gifts like this. I was doubtful and had inhibitions from the way she sounded too enthusiastic. But Prema called 6 times that night and insisted they are the mall staff and the gifts are packed and kept all I have to do is come and collect with my wife - no conditions attached.
    On sunday on 3rd June 2012 at 10.30 am we went there but i got a doubt about the company address sent via SMS and the Name of the company found there!!
    The SMS had Gift Group, But the actual company is CASA RETREAT. i searched in net since i was 30 min early on my mobile and found that it was a fraud company!!
    They said if you are in hurry you can pick the gift and go, but you will get 6 ice cream cups!! thats all.
    But i was really pity as one handicapped couple also came there to get the gift. I suggest them to be alert.and they also walked out without any membership with them.\
    They are using an Ex Commissioner of police as the MD so that they could not get caught!!
    They work only on Saturday & Sundays i think.
    PLEASE SPREAD this to all bangalore citizens so that they are safe with their money .....

1) They use fake identity for all
    2) False Gifts statement during their phone calls
    3) Feels like a false company with some other suspicious activities.
    4) Kills the time of the couples
    5) Fake Company address they give saying it near garuda mall - They gave me Gift Group!!
    6) If just not aware of their fraud , You will be the victim and may loose upto 30,000 rupees for their packages.

Just imagine they will call at least 30-40 couples.
    20-30 Couples feels this as fraud business.
    10-20 Couples Gives the money, So 3-6 Lacks Per week
    And 15 to 30 Lacks income they earn Monthly!!
    Dear Sir / Madam

We are very much available to look into any service deficiency from our side, Rest assured if we have lacked anywhere we will surely rectify the same and ensure total satisfaction. For any such complaint etc kindly do not hesitate to get in touch with us @ casaretreat@yahoo.com

We would also like to appraise all visitors that we stand committed to rectify any issue or problem from company's prospective.

Customer support team
  • edited July 2012
    Dear Soir/Madam
    We are awaiting your reply, kindly contact us on casaretreat@yahoo.com with any grevience if you have, We can assure an immediate resolve for same

• edited July 2012
    I was called by some lady(Sonia, maybe a fake name) from their office saying that I had won a raffle and had to come near LifeStyle store near Richmond Road to collect the gifts. They made me feel as though the gift was from LifeStyle, as I have membership at LifeStyle. But when I asked the proper address, they said its on Castle street as they cannot give the gifts in LifeStyle store. What a scam!

When I went there with my wife & kids, I saw many couples and families there. The moment I went upstairs, they asked my name and asked me to enter a room on the left. Me and my family was hurried to a table and chairs with a so called Marketing person. In the room I saw many tables with their Marketing folks talking to various families. The Marketing person started asking me bunch of questions. I understood what the whole game was. I was upset and I walked out fuming at their fraud tactics to get people in. Instead of apologizing they asked me to come into another room to pacify me. I simply walked out, knowing this nonsense. Please folks, never fall for their tactics. If its free, then its too good to be true unless its from an authentic source.
  • Alien23Alien23 Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks to highlight that problem on this forum.
    Keep exploring it.
  • edited October 2012
    You buggers never pick up any calls,that complies that you are afraid of people coming up and asking for refund.
    If there is any GOD,you all involved in this scam will suffer
    Dear Soir/Madam

• edited October 2012
    hello, i am shanthkumar.i have taken this member ship and paid 17,500 for 3 years.i want my money refund as whatever they committed nothing is there and more over they never pick up the call for any kind of enqueries and complaints.i dont know what to do.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Casa Retreat pvt ltd Bangalore which is in Castle street has come up with new name and DESTINATIONS INDIA PVT LTD at the same place (just board change)
    They are using the same tricks to trap you. They will call you saying you have won prize for your purchasing from Garuda Mall and they will ask you to come to Garuda mall to collect, once you go there they will ask you to come to back side of it where there office is there and they wil guide the route and it will take you to Castle street where your trap will start.
    They will use all tricks to trap you. So please be stay away from these people.

It is really a trap. So please beware of these DESTINATIONS INDIA PVT LTD ( earlier CASA RETREAT PVT LTD).
  • edited January 2013
    I urge all the members who reside in Bangalore to approach the Police Commissioner's office and file an FIR and others should get together and start a signature campaign to demand for refund of our money. These guys will otherwise flee someday.We can open facebook account and malign them so that nobody else gets trapped. Bangalore commisoners email id for people who are out Bangalore igpgrievance@ksp.gov.in, police@ksp.gov.in

If we can get together then we can get refund otherwise Police will not act as this guy;s must have managed the cops too to run this kind of ops.
  • edited January 2013
    Dear All.. We all know that they are cheats and they still continue to cheat and thats why they have not shut shop.We need to act beyond narrating each other's story to get refund and recent protests on gangrape and lokpal gave us the courage that its possible to get justice in India.

1st Step - Register your camplain in Jago Grahak Jago ( Minstry of Consumer Affairs ).Keep the registration number.

2nd Step - Send written reminer notice to Casa at their registered address only through spped post asking for refund and damages for membership violations several times and cheating.

3rd Step - If they dont reply call JGJ and they will tell you where in Bangalore to register the case against Casa

Believe me if we all do this we will get our refund , if Sahara is bound to pay what is CASA .

Also write to Bangalore PC asking him to take penal action under IPC 420.

Lets form a group and press for this refund otherwise individually its difficult and will be delayed. Other ways like get local papers , channels to report this case to gain attention from Police and other law makers

Everyone share your email and numbers to make a common forum

Suvro - gsuvro@gmail.com , 9820646426
  • edited January 2013
    I have also taken their membership and paid 30,000/- for 3 years. They opend a office in Chennail and the office was closed in 1 month itself. All phone no changed. When you call Banglore office some one will pickup the phnoe and he will say someother person will be taking care. He is on leave. When you call on phone he says they will reply by email. When you email no reply. This how till the last time when you have you planned your trip you will not have any vouchers in your hand.
    Please return my money.
    My Agreement No. : CRPS-CO-1773
  • edited February 2013
    Destinations india is fraud company.
    This pplz has previous company name casa retreat and cheated many ppl. Now there are running they business using this name.

Their staff called me on a Saturday morning and told me she is from a popular mall (Garuda)’s office and I have won their Diwali bumper sale and I have to collect things like dinner set, crystal bowls and 8 other gifts like this. I was doubtful and had inhibitions from the way she sounded too enthusiastic. But she called multiple times that day and insisted they are the mall staff and the gifts are packed and kept all I have to do is come and collect - no conditions attached.

After listening for 1 hr some we got trapped in their false claims. Now when i ask for hotel booking in munnar , he say it is booked and sent me some fake ( hand written ) confirmation in mail. when i had spoke to hotel in munnar, they told that ur booking is in waiting and unless these ppl ( destination india ) will not pay money they will not confirm it. They require proper voucher from destinations india with some payment to be done which these fraud ppl has not done Yet.

After insisting for voucher they told me that sir its voucher , take printout and visit hotel they provide u accommodation. Now i doubt that he is going to do any confirmation and i want my money back.
    i doubt that they will give money back.
    Plz anybody who also want moneyback , contact me. We all ( ppl like me ) unit and ask for refund or do some legal action. I want to teach some lesson to this ppl.
  • edited March 2013
    This casa is catching people as preys for thier profit and misusing peoples hardened money i was a foll to walk out at first and then thought of trying and now suffering. That guy Ravi is a big time bastard will never help in booking any holidays nor nobody will answer our calls this is a big shit. I request all the loosers including me to do something to get back our money and teach them a lesson anybody who can help plz mail me at siddanth.reddy2011@gmail.com
  • edited April 2013
    As many members on this forum rightly said, this company apperas to be a big fraud.

Like many, my husband was called several times letting hin know of the gift won and we need to come and collect it. There was a girl named Sunitha (Ph# 99018 98193) who called in several times to ensure that we make the trip to get to their office. The address given was "Gift Group, #32, 2nd Floor, next to Empire hotel, Bangalore 25"

The place looks shady and when we got there, there was none of the gifts that were informed on the phone, and were ushered in to listen to the sales pitch on Holiday Packages.

Luckily we realized that there was something fishy and we asked for references to check out the holidays that some of the members have used. Unfortunaltely they were not able to give any... citing confidentiality. It's at that time when we decided to browse the net and look for any feedback. Messages on this forum came in handy to avoid us getting into the scam!

The people we met were all young ... trying to sell holidays to gullible people.

JR

Today we got a call from Destinations India Pvt. Ltd. by saying that we have won a lucky draw in one of the shopping complex. later when we went to their office situated at shop no. 32, 2nd floor, castle street, brigade road, Bangalore. there they gave us a big lecture on the benefits we are going to get if we buy their services. they showed us lot of catalogues defining the places we can visit. and later they explained us the payment part, and we ended up paying 30500 for 3yrs membership. but when later i learned about the company n tried to visit their office there was no office at all and all the phone numbers were changed.i tried to revert the transaction by contacting bank but that also seems useless. now am not able to understand what we should do. our hard-earned money is gone. is there any way we can do something about it and also the this fraud company?? please help...
  • edited June 2013
    I took the membership from CASA RETREAT. A guy called RAVI only deals with the hotel bookings. If we call the office, he will be available only on saturdays.
    We notified them about our plans 3 months ago. He promised that he would give the accomodation for sure. We booked the flights, etc.
    Finally he responded just 9 days prior to the checkin date stating that there is a natural disaster due to which the hotel is under renovation and is not accepting any booking.
    Believe me, we are able to book accomodation in the same hotel for same dates. He is simply trying to bluff and fraud.

casaretreat@yahoo.com is the email account managed only RAVI. He always gives diplomatic answers and he always try to say sorry and ask for good customer satisfaction.

Please do not get trapped by this company and loose your money. And if you have already joined this company as members, Try to utilize the package on your own. Never try to plan with your friends or gift it to anyone. You will definetly get embarrased.

If you want to checkout what is going on there, you can visit their office on any saturday after 11:30AM. You can easily know how they trap people.
  • edited August 2013
    I got this call yesterday morning saying "I am calling from Lifestyle, you had given your no. sometime back and now you have won 8 gifts with dinner set, gift voucher, trip to Ooty, dinner in Bangalore, etc etc.. Come down to Lifestyle near Garuda Mall to collect the gifts b/w 1:30 and 2:00. There are no strings attached and there will be around 30 families also present there". That moment itself I realized something is wrong here. I just ignored and said I may come if I in that area. Then at 12:30 again they called me to confirm my reporting time. I ignored this time. But then the lady repeatedly called me throughout the evening for around 30 times and also dropped me SMS like dont waste my day and you have no manners, etc. I finally blocked her call.

This is clearly a scam going around in Bangalore and would warn everyone to beware of this scam.
    Phone nos. are 9901898193 and 41272316
  • edited August 2013
    Its a fraud company.... we had planned for a trip in next month. have been sent many mails and have been calling repeatedly but no one is answering for either of it.. we had even been to there office to check out, which was found closed. If there is a any group formed against them kindly let us know so that we can also join and fight against them to take our money back.
  • edited September 2013
    Has Anyone used their services and booked to travel any places.
  • edited October 2013

Hi guys all of u please take a look at this , you can also file a case and get money u guys wasted from Casa retreat frauds.

Vacation goes awry for consumers
    Bangalore, DH News Service:
    They paid up small amount to these firms for week-long trip to Munnar
    The Bangalore IV Additional Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum has pulled up a firm in Austin Town for unfair trade practice as it cheated two consumers by promising them a Vacation Credit Card holiday which never materialized.
    The Forum has ordered the Casa Retreat Pvt Ltd and Vacation Credit Card in Hamdh Court to pay up Rs 50,000 as compensation to the complainants.

Mohan Kalluraya and Pushpalatha were lured by these business people on their mobiles, to pay up a minimal amount for a holiday in Munnar. They paid up small amounts to these firms for the week long holiday and even bought their air tickets. But later they got an unsigned and suspicious letter from these firms telling them that their holiday had been cancelled and Rs 1,400 was enclosed in the letter. But there was no money in the letter. They complained to the IV Forum to which the firm did not appear and the Forum President G Siddanagoud found Casa Retreat and Vacation Credit Card guilty of deficient service and unfair trade practices.

• edited December 2013
    Thank u Mani for sharing Raj's number...he's taken them to court and now we will too...I feel u should too ...our intention is definately to get our money back but we will make sure their office is closed too and no other family should fall prey to this again...thank u

Pls help my name is Mani Rana and my mobile is 9972049006
  • edited January 2014
    Hi, I have filed a case against Casa retreat/Destination India Private Limited. If any person based out of Bangalore has recently taken travel policy from this company, please send me email at dhirajkapoor727@gmail.com. I will help you in getting the money out of this company.
  • edited April 2014
    1 have paid via Bangalore 30k for membership, i wanted to go to goa...and asked the. To book hotel
    they came back with hotel which are 2 star and claimed they are 3 star .
    i later told thm can book hotel by self or if i give you hotel can you book
    thy said that can be done I need to pay,the difference amount..when,i asked them,for the difference amount they give double the rate of any hotel..infact make my trip,travel guru etc where giving much better deal
    hence i cancelled my membership..but thy have not refunded my amount ..whenever. I call thy tell me that guy is not well..his name is santhose ..till now i call them and they ask me to call next day..i am tired thy have taken my money and have not return and they are cheating people..call them saying you won some gift and take their membership showing good benefits ..which is all false.

juli,srinath all these people are fraud from via Bangalore