HDFC Collection Department Complaint

This is gaurav sethi from Delhi. I was using a credit Card from HDFC Bank. I got that amount settled by the bank (Rajouri Garden) branch in Rs 30,000 in 5 Installments for 6000/- Each. Now the problem I am facing is I am getting the calls from Naraina Branch saying the amount is Pending for 51000/- on this card. I just need to know that what Can I do to get this Cleared Out and how can I approach consumer Court for the same issue. Please advice

Comments

• HDFC BankHDFC Bank Senior Member
    edited February 2011

Dear Mr Sethi,

We request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, contact details and the reference id TTU00272211022011, so our team can investigate this matter and resolve it at the earliest.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank
  • edited June 2011

I am using HDFC bank credit card. I am regularly making payments. I was not able to make payment last month and now I am getting threatening phone calls by a guy called Nitin Kumar from phone number 1166219031
  • edited August 2013
    This is in reference to my gold credit card that I hold with HDFC bank.
    I am in a severe financial crunch at present and in a lot of debt already. I have not been able to make the payment on time. Today I got a call from a representative from HDFC for the payment reminder. I informed him about my condition and also mentioned that since I have been out of job, I would be able to pay by the first week of september.
    The minimum amount due is not huge but the severity of the circumstances is such that I can't afford that at present.
    To my shock, the representative said that even a school going kid can afford money these days and suggested that I should make the payment asap because according to him if I am surviving without a job, I should be able to make the payment too. He denied giving any time and was very rude. He called me from 011 66219001, 011 66219031 and 011 66574800 almost 10 times within half an hour.
    I am aware that its business but the representatives should not forget humility and basic etiquettes.
  • edited October 2013
    This is in reference to credit card that My college hold with HDFC bank.
    He is not well and he his not in town ,your recovery agent had many time call to my office and using abusive and rude language i had already told him but he has call again and again .please let me know this is your working style . I informed him about his condition .Your recover agent also using bed word against the office ladies staff.Dear HDFC officer if this is your and your team working style then i will paste this mail in social site also .
  • edited January 2014

Subject: Use of abusive language from HDFC recovery

department.

I am using HDFC credit card from alomost past 2 years.
    Most of the time I make Minimum payments and whenever i

get some money i used to make bulk amount payment.
    Because of my track record my credit limit was raised from

75,000 to 1,25,000 last year.
    In july I lost my job and for 2.5 months i was not working

and there was not other income source.
    I had to join a new job and start working in October where

I had to negotiate my salary almot 50% low than previous

one.
    Last month I got collection calls and started harrassing

me in such a way that i was unable to call or recieve

calls from anyone else as i used to get calls very

frequently that is almost 3-4 time in a min.
    When i respond to the call they forced me to give a PDC so

that they wont call me again.
    I gave them a PDC which got bounced .
    I agree that i had given PDC earlier and same thing

happend 4 times so i avoided giving PDCs.
    Last week i started getting calls from collection dept I

asked them for some time to which they refused to give me

time.
    One lady who told she is manager named Priya calling from

Ph no: 7483213340 spoke very rudely.
    Today she called me and spoke very rudely and used abusive

language.
    She spoke to me as though she is talking to her maid or

servant and allegedly abused me as a big fraud and

cheater.
    The way she spoke is highly unacceptable.
    I also complained regarding this to the customer care

executive to which they gave me a number to complain #080

-67268001. When I called no one responded.
    My concern is:
    1) Due to some circumstances and financial trouble i

couldn make the payment. Will that term me as a fraud?
    2) What rights does Priya have to use abusive language

against me?
    3)How can you fail to understand a customers problem?
    4)How can a person so called priya have rights to talk

rudely to my parents?(Which she did last week)
    5)How can she threaten me that she will cease my HDFC salary account and talk to me like a goon?
    6) Can the recovery dept force a customer to pay even

though the customer doen have fund?
    Moreover i am not running away as i always wanted to pay

my bills and moreover i dont wnat to be a bad customer.But

my financial circumstances are bad.

Please look into this matter as i wanted to bring this

upto the notice of bank authorities before proceeding

further.

Please help me
    Balachandar
    Card number : 5242-1600-0067-8028
    M : 9742338040
  • edited January 2014
    Hi, i m having one old hdfc card. The current outstanding on this card is huge and i am not able to pay it on one time. Also my financial status is not good. I m requesting to bank that plz settle my outstanding but no one is listning me. Kindly help . i am ready to pay in EMI also.

Plz consider.
  • edited March 2014
    This is in reference to credit card that My college hold with HDFC bank.
    Dear HDFC Banker's,

As discussed on 08 Mar. 2014 with Ms Sabnam on call 09996243333, she told me final adjust amount 675/- i have done same this payment, i have raise the request for NOC , but Monday i have confirm for NOC request, monday bank said . your 41/- also pending, please pay, after this within 7 days you will be received NOC BY courier on your confirm address, after that I calling for NOC , BUT Customer care officer continue proving the collection department contact no, this no is not reachable,after this officer is cut the call.contact no is 011-30209401-02.
    please provide me NO DUE CERTIFICATE (NOC).
    KINDLY CONFIRM....

rEGARDS
    JAGBIR DHULL
  • edited May 2014
    even though my minimum outstanding on credit card is Rs. 14000, then also HDFC has held my salary account.
    i want to log a complaint and will sue HDFC for doing this, as they dont want to retain their loyal customers.
  • edited May 2014
    Sir i have loan at2007amount one lacs iwas paydallvyhe emi but ur bank had case on cheaque bounceing on me plz i ll ready for thesattelment with bank but firstu ll
    stopballthe leagal process.
  • edited August 2014

I have a credit card ending with 7198 and there were some charges levied on it which i have been disputing for more than i year now.I have very clearly told the bank that i want to close the card ASAP but i had received no revert from them till last month when Ms.Rakhi Sharma (name as told to me)called me to inform that she has raised ah request of card closure for me and the settlement is happening in Rs.5000/= and since she has already raised the request i would have to pay 2300/= now and the rest can be collected after 2 days.A guy named Mr.Nivesh came from your rajouri office to collect the payment and took 2300/= from me and gave me a receipt for the same and then Ms.Rakhi informed me that the NOC will come to me in the next 10days.

Now,the next payment due date has come and no NOC as still reached me and agencies have again started to call me for payments.

I do not understand why banks are becoming a corrupt and thief. they are just interested in harassing the customer .they totally switch attitude after selling us their product.
    The customer is becoming a prey to these corrupt institutions.

I will take this case to the court if i do no get justice here.