Complaint against Airtel Digital TV Customer Service/Behavior

edited September 2014 in Direct To Home (DTH)
airtel-dth.jpgPATHETIC EXPERIENCE WITH AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

My complaint id is 4727099 at Airtel Digital TV Customer Care.

I got an airtel tv connection coupen against the purchase of LCD tv. Keeping faith in airtel i have applied for DTH connection by recharging my Customer Id 3006237581 with Rs. 500 & got time of installation on 21st Nov 2010. But nobody turnaround, whole day i wait for engineers to come but no one come. I made complaint twice still nobody came. After such service i have applied for Disconnection of Airtel tv on evening of 21st nov 2010 & asked the refund of Rs. 500 which i have paid against activation of Customer id. Whenever i have called the customer executive he/she says it will be refunded to you by DD within 7 working days. Almost 2-3 weeks i heard the same thing from customer executives. But nothing has been done in such context. Last time when i called up they said me to collect from nearest dealer named as AR Global Services, B-303, Chattarpur Enclave, New Delhi. by stating the complaint id but they refused to make any such payment & spoke very harshly to me.

From last 1.5 month i am totaly harassed with the behavior & negligence of Airtel DTH service people. I am attaching the 1st written complaint i have sent to Airtel TV with this mail; Recently i skoke to Mr Daya Krishnan (Regional Head, Delhi) aswell but still no action has been taken till now. For such a small thing i have to catch so many people. Instead of getting service i got only harasment, negligence & a such bad service experience which i would never forget. Please do something against it, as this will ruining the Brand Identity of Airtel DTH service.

Please do the needful as other DTH services are counting just because of their customer relations. This will Airtel to loose the prospective customers. As a Tata sky user i tried & take a chance to go with Airtel but after getting such service i have decided never ever go for Airtel in future. I hope you will take action against it, otherwise i realy dnt knw where to go further a consumer forum or somewhere else.

----MY First Written Complaint Mail to Airtel TV id i.e. digitaltv@airtel.in

Hi Sir/Madam,

This is in regards with a New Airtel TV connection. I recently bought Samsung LCD TV & as an offer got Airtel TV new connection coupen (Sr. No. 4609103109067818). Using it i have applied for Airtel TV & got Customer Id as 3006237581 on 19th Nov 2010. To get installation done i recharged my account by Rs. 500 on 20th Nov 2010 through airtel dealer near my place. I got confirmation for the installation of set top box from airtel customer care & as per the my convenience i have booked 12 p.m. time slot on 21st Nov 2010.

But nobody came for the installation & also haven't received any call from Airtel on the delay. I have registered an complaint for the same to airtel tv customer care (Request Ref. No.: 4539664) around 12:30 p.m on same day. I have waited till 4 for engineer or any call in reference from airtel to me but sorry to say i just got disappointment. Nobody turn around.

After that i took a decision of disconnection of Airtel TV & again called up for the same to airtel customer care. Finally a request id 4563967 has been generated on 23rd Nov 2010 for the disconnection of airtel tv & i was promised to get refund of Rs 500 from local dealer (from whom i recharged) which i had paid for activation of airtel tv connection. But dealer has refused to refund that amount saying he doesnt have an idea of such refund. I have voucher no. & coupen with me which got generated for the recharge, the details are mentioned below.

VOUCHER DETAILS:
Dealer Name: Neeraj Electronics
Date of Recharge: 20th Nov 2010
User I Rec:9325
Tx:11687160011011201941
Amount: Rs.500
Serial No.:6105093500138574
Voucher Pin:9546881526345039

I would request you to get me refund of the amount ie. Rs. 500 i have paid against Airtel Tv Connection as soon as possible. For any further information please feel free to reach me at my mobile no. mentioned below.

Ankur

Comments

• Airtel_PresenceAirtel_Presence Senior Member
    Dear Ankur,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 05 Jan 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Ankur,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 05 Jan. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Dear Ankur ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 5 Jan. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com

• edited June 2011
    hi

i bought Airtel DTh from one shop near Akshaya Nagar Banglore. 4 days i waited they didnt give me connection as well as money. i gone another serive provider and got new connection.

Aswin
    9620049159
  • Sudip SinhaSudip Sinha Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi, I am Sudip Sinha, a customer of Airtel Digital TV. My customer ID is 3007822495. I had recharged my Airtel Digital TV account between 25th. Aug. 2011 to 29th. Aug. 2011 with Rs.270/- & my next recharge date is 2nd. Oct. 2011. But till date I am getting a message on my tv screen that, "Your balance is low."When my Airtel Digital TV account balance is not low, why should I watch this message on my tv screen??? This is very very irritating. I talked to Airtel Digital TV customer care (No. - 1800 102 8080) more than 20 times on this issue. But, they didn't do anything. Even they didn't listen my problem completely. I am very frustrated about this. If you don't do anything on this issue, I will have to change my DTH service.
    Dear Sudip,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 6 Sep 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Sudip,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 06 Sep 2011 has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

• shaairshaair Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    Customer ID: 3007266650 I find the repeated reminders for recharging irritating and painful. My balance more than 350 Rs Yet airtel digital is showing notice on tv screen: "your balance is low. Recharge with rs310.00" Either stop this nuisance, or I will switch to other connectin & file case in District consumer Court with all printouts of your hourly snap shots of tv screen........Wake Up airtel....Wake Up
  • shaairshaair Junior Member
    Dear Shaair,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 02 Oct 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Shaair,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 2 Oct. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Dear Shaair,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 2 Oct. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

• gmalik55gmalik55 Junior Member
    edited November 2011

I would like to bring to your notice that inspite of complaining several times that there is a problem with my Airtel HD box has fallen on deaf ears. 2-3 months back I had complained that the HD box was not working and there was no sound from the HD box. The engineer came and checked the same and claimed that the HD box needed to be changed and he would get back to me. He also took Rs 100 for visiting charges.

Today another engineer came and visited and told the same thing that the box will have to be changed and the remote has also got stuck. He gave me a second hand box and claimed for Rs 750. Why should I pay Rs 750 for a 2nd hand box for 3 months warranty.

The new box which was installed in July 2010 and has one year warranty was giving so many problems and I had told your respective engineer to change the box 3 months back when it was under warranty but it was not changed.

Can someone from AIRTEL look into the problem and take responsibility. I am not going to pay for anything that is not my fault when the product is faulty. if this is the case I would be forced not to renew with you anymore and it would be better to go with Tata Sky who atleast do not give faulty HD boxes.

Looking forward to hearing some reply as neither my HD box nor my remote is working and the same has been verified by the engineer who visited today.

Gaurav Malik
  • VishalSingh8022VishalSingh8022 Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    I got your mail but still no anybody called me about this issue. just tell me what should i do?
    Yeaterday you told me it will be resolved with in 24 hours but i didn't get any result... i recived only another SMS with new coplain no...

"dear customer, request no-13471688 for delay in resolution (Domino), happy code-229. share code with the engineer once issue is resolved. for any query pls call 9662013296"
  • edited November 2011
    I really need your help with this.

I am Sagar from Bangalore-Karnataka , Airtel Digital Tv Customer ( Customer Id : 3005326300 ). This mail is to inform you that from last two months am
    facing problem in Airtel Digital TV and am not able to watch any channels.. and we have registered complaints for that. after many complaints , Your engineer visited our home and told its an Setup box problem and he promised us that within 2 working days he will replace with a new setup box. but till now Your engineer was unable to carry out the repaired setup box because the spare part was not compatible. many times i have re-registered the complaints again. but they are showing negligence towards my problem instead of solving it. when i ask the reason they will reply with some nonsense reasons like "Sorry we cant do anything" or they will disconnect the call pusposefully without the reason. this had happened many times .

I felt ashamed to inform you that Airtel Digital TV Customer care Executive , the Supervisor one who communicate with us when i call to 12150 and
    few of ur Technicians donot have basic manners... they dont no how to behave with thier customers. their words are totally rude...

Can I ask that you look into this to ensure that from the next time or from the next service visit, can i expect basic manners & decency in your boy's????? or else i have to think about the further actions like Consumer Court etc.. Please telephone me to let me know how you'd like to deal with this. When the matter is resolved I'd be grateful for your non-Satisfactory service.

Yours sincerely

Sagar....
    Sir/madam,
    I am a citizen of jabalpur. im writing this comlaint to request or ask the airtel digital tv broadcasters and authorities to telecast the one and only best islamic channel PEACE TV in their network. i want to ask all the respected DTH operators that why they are not showing this channel in there DTH. I request to add the channel . plz . thank you......
    Dear Sagar,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 9 Nov 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

edited November 2011

Request Related to (Reqesting to add peace tv in airtel digital tv)

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 10 Nov. 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

• edited November 2011

I am not at all happy with the service airtel dtv is providing.
    i had some problems with the stb around 16th nov.
    i got it replaced.but the stb was again a defective one.
    Now I complained again to change my stb but technician is demanding service charge to replace it.

This is a terrible experience. First the quality of stb is so bad that o had to ask for a replacement second time in a month and over that, o have to pay a service charge.

Here are the complaint details:
    Dear Customer,request no-13444203 for "Video Problem",Happy Code-491.Share code with the engineer ONCE issue is resolved.For any query pls call 8105731888

Dear Customer, your Service request reference no. is 13619184 for "Video Problem" has been resolved. If the issue is unresolved please call 8105731888

They marked this resolved even without letting the customer know.
  • edited November 2011
    On November 11, 2011 i have paid on net banking but not recharge to my Airtel TV ID:3001732611. Even after payment Rs. 440/- to the ID still showing -9.80 in my account. Requesting to rectify at the earliest stage of time.
    My Name: Bangdi
    Phone Number: 9402297695
    Airtel TV ID: 300173263
    Dear Sagar,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 09 Nov. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

edited November 2011

Request Related to (Reqesting to add peace tv in airtel digital tv)

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com and we will be happy to be of assistance.

• edited December 2011
    Dear sar i am purchage airtel dth feb-2011.my id-no-3006941006.i havcomplain repatad 10 times dut your service is very poor.lastly my complain no is-13872609,date-22/11/2011.but no body hav comes.another complain no-14110713-01/12/2011.ples solve my complen withen 2das.otherwise iam go to consumer coart.

with regards
    ARABINDA BALA
    09437219707
  • apalkarapalkar Junior Member
    edited December 2011
    Arbitrary discontinuation of service without refund for CustomerId: 3001177275.

Since mid June, I was facing disruptions in my Airtel DTH service with signal being lost every 10 minutes. I complained to Airtel Call center and as per their instructions, ran the setup on the set-top box a few times. I complained again requesting to send a technician to rectify the fault. The first technician informed problem was caused due to older software version in set-top box and updated the same. As per second technician, the problem was due to a building constructed last year which blocked the signals. He moved the dish antenna to another location, but disconnected it from the set-top box. The third technician asked us to get a pipe on which he will mount the dish antenna to get better signals. Fourth one informed we won't get signals anywhere on our premises and contact the call center for further help.

The customer service representatives in the Airtel call center told me to discontinue the service. They informed me that I will get a refund of Rs363.77/-. I was a satisfied customer of Airtel DTH service till mid-June, and I had recharged my Airtel DTH account (CustomerId: 3001177275) on 12th June 2011 by making payments of Rs1000/- and Rs700/- by credit card. I had used Rs1320/- from my balance as 6 months Advance Rental for Economy pack with validity till 11 January 2012 and also subscribed to English Plus Mar-10 pack for which Rs55.15/-. The customer service representative told me these advance rentals wont be refunded though they weren't providing me with any service.

I am disgusted with the manner in which a reputed firm like Airtel treats its customers. I had sent over 5 mails to dthnodal.mum@airtel.in complaining about the same. After this, they contacted me and took away the dish antenna and set-top box. On 23rd September after another complaint mail from my side, the Airtel representatives contacted me and assured that I will get a refund of Rs1200/- within 14 days. Over two months have passed and I am still awaiting for the refund cheque/draft. The customer service team disconnects calls made by my family. My wife tried calling up "K. Rao", the nodal officer for Airtel DTH for Maharashtra on 022-40213261. But a lady answering the call informed it was a residential number and not to call during office hours. How do I contact Airtel DTH for my refund?

Will any Airtel representative look at my complaint?

Ankur Palkar
  • edited December 2011

Undersigned purchased Prepaid Airtel mobile connection from Airtel Outlet at Kurnipet, Mallapur, Dist: Karwar after completing all the formalities (Residential Address Proof, identity Proof etc). I was using this mobile number continuously for the last couple years with regular Balance Top up. To my surprise that this mobile number was deactivated without any intimation/ notification to undersigned. And on enquiry with the Airtel Customer care no satisfactory reply was given for sim deactivation. The remaining balance amount at the time of deactivation was also forfeited. This is not expected from a reputed Airtel Company which makes tall claims of absolute satisfaction to their esteem customers.

You are requested to take this matter seriously and activate my above cited mobile number with the balance forfeited. Early action in this regard will be highly appreciated.

(J.S.Virdee)
    Chief Engineer Quality Assurance.
    Dear Arabinda Bala,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 04 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Ankur Palkar ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 06 Dec. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Arabinda Bala,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 04 Dec. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Dear J.S.Virdee,

Dear Ankur Palkar ,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 6 Dec. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.