Complaint for Tain Running late and Train schedule not changed for more than 2 months

vipulgvipulg Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Miscellaneous
I had booked an e-ticket from my irctc.co.in account for my journey planned on 13th Dec 2010 from AKOLA JN (AK) to PUNE JN (PUN). Train No. 2130 AJAD HIND EXPRESS , PNR No. 6150261275
But on the day of my journey, the train was late for more than 7 hours, so i didn't travel by this train. Also, i was not able to cancel this ticket online as the chart was prepared. So Now I filed a TDR refund request on to cancel the ticket and refund my money.
The cost of the ticket was Rs 1663/- and Rs 10/- was charged by irctc as internet service charges (total cost=Rs1672/-). Also my bank charged me Rs 11/- as service charges.
So I should get full refund of the amount mentioned above.
Since the train was running late for more than 7 hours, it was a fault of indian railways. So i deserve the full refund of my ticket amount.
Also I came to know now that this train is running late (almost 7 hours) for more than 2 months. And still the schedule for this train is not changed by indian railways and no action is taken against this.
This is really ridiculous and I strongly urge you to take up this as it cause lot of inconvinience to the public.
I, therefore, would like to file a consumer complaint against irctc for getting the full refund with proper compensation for the inconvenience caused (i had to make alternate arrangements for my journey at the 11th hour) as well as consumer court instructions to irctc to refund full amount (including bank charges) to all its customers in such cases in future.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Dear Sir,

This is in reference to Himalayan Queen Exp 4094 coming from Kalka to S. Rohilla.

Previously this train used to stop at Subzi Mandi , a convenient stop for North and north-west residents connecting with metro. Now after Sonepat it stops at its final destination S Rohilla. It reaches Adarsh nagar station around 10 pm where there is good connectivity with Metro but it does not stop there.

Since mostly track is not clear and stops in between and reaches S Rohilla in 45-50 minutes instead of 20 minutes. Therefore it is requested that let train stop at Adarsh Nagar for a minutes in its to and fro rout for the convenience of passengers which would be without the loss of any time

I hope you will take into consideration the above mentioned request.
  • edited April 2012
    Pleases chechK the TIPPU EXPRESS DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL IN MYSORE TO LATE
  • edited March 2013
    hi,

i usually travel in COIMBATORE -SALEM passenger train.
    the issues are
    1. there is no water facility in the toilet & in the wash basin all the time ( for very long period as am traveling for more than 3 months).
    2. because of not cleaned properly, it is not at all hygienic, public may get disease soon.
    3. There is no LATCH OR LOCK IN THE TOILET , so no ladies passenger can use the toilet. major complaint.

pl address the issue as it is a major complaint as am writing on behalf of many ladies....
  • edited May 2013
    Sir,
    I usually travel by Tata-Jammutavi Express ( 18101 & 18102) from Tata - Allahabad and vice versa. This train generally runs late although it took 18 hrs to reach Allahabad from Tatanagar. Other trains take 12-13 hrs.

Today this train is running about 5 hrs late. This is very embarassing.

I request the rly authorities to plz look into this and do something so that the train at least runs in time.

With kind regards,

R S Dubey
    Jamshedpur (Jharkhand).
    email id: rs_dubey@ymail.com
  • edited May 2013
    Sir,
    I'm Travelling by Unchahar Express(14218) from Chandigarh - Delhi - Allahabad.Traid ng is currently in Kanpur and running 5 hrs. late here Schedule time is 5.05 AM and reached 10 PM. I came to knew that this train is generally 4-5 hrs delay daily. I'm going to my inlaw house to attend pooja and I'm unable to attend.Today this train is running about 5 hrs late. This is very embarassing.

I request the rly authorities to plz look into this and do something so that the train at least runs in time and also compentiate all pessengers who are travelling in this train.

With kind regards,

Vidya Sagar
    sagar.rajbhar@yahoo.co.in
    Date : 24.05.2013
  • edited November 2013
    19116 Sayaji nagri is late by 30 minute at ankleshwar juction,because of siding at heating due to udaipurcity superfast.
  • edited February 2014
    Lakhimpur to Sitapur distance only 46 Kms. train no.52245 are reached in lakhimpur timely. But lakhimpur stopped the train near about 0.45 minuts. when passenger are very tired and asked the station master. Station master are very angry and reply we are no responsble stop the train and this enquiry order by Control Lucknow. the train has been reached in Sitapur alwayes near about 22.45 hrs.
    you are requested late running the train no. 52245 timely please solve the problem late runing train 52245.
    with regard
  • edited March 2014
    Train in running late for more than 2 hours.some of the pnr of passengers are:
    Dont you think railway dept is liable for this???
  • edited April 2014
    Sir plz look into the matter, 12312 is standing for more than 2 hrs at chandigarh
  • edited April 2014
    22871 is being late on 21st morning even though it reached gudur at right time. It stopped in every station more than 30 minutes
  • edited June 2014
    Running late of 03518 anvt asn special on 07th june 2014
    Pathetic state of Indian railways is faced by nearly every Indian Middle class family, right from the :
    1.: booking of tickets, dependant on touts.
    2. Dirty coaches and station.
    3. Unauthorized passengers travelling without reservation, bribing tte's.
    4. Delay in running trains, this time right from originating station, nobody penalize Indian railways employess.
    Rather the driver or running staff gets overtime, pathetic approach to promote drivers to delay trains. Penalize
    The responsible employees and see the difference.
    5. Theft, dacoity, despite thousands of GRP and RPF being paid from our hard earned money.
    6. Railway employees travelling without ticket on passes, why such privilege to the organizatiin providing such
    Pathetic customer satisfaction.
    7. Goods, you book are never properly recieved at the destination. Etc..etc.

All of these are because of single reason and that is corruption, rail vigilance acting smoothly setting some examples to
    To deter such corrupts. Will request through You to run train no. 03518 (ANVT ASN special) properly and help the health of the running status
    Of all other priemier trains.

In case they can't rectify this thing either the passengers, 1000's of them should get compensated through railway
    employess salary not from gocernment fund which ultimately is the fund collected from the taxes we pay to the govt.

Penalize the guilty/selfish people or rail employees because of whom 1000's or crores suffer/remain stranded everyday.
  • edited August 2014
    Krishna express Train No 17406 is always runs like passenger we shall never take this train wasting of whole time and no one answers in the train like TT for the delay of the train railways dept shall note this issue very seriously
  • edited August 2014
    There is a serious problem of train running late between mughalsarai to allahabad.all train which arrives mughalsarai on time, become about 2 to3 hours late in reaching allahabad.this is daily problem since last 2 years.the distance is onlr 163 km .but a superfast train e.g. 12150, 12817,12401,12815 takes about 4 to 5 hours in reaching allahabad.I requested you,if it is possible the solution of this problem plds take inmediate action.the traffic control of allahabad says that this is impossible to solve this problem
  • edited September 2014
    I always travel between gaya to dehri on sone by train no.53607.it starts on time from gaya station but never reach on time to dehri station. You can check arriving time of said train at dehri station of last 2-3 months.it is a very serious issue because railways neglecting the common people. Many time i have observed that train is stopped at station and empty goods trains are allowed to pass. Please take the matter seriously and urgent.
  • edited September 2014
    I always travel between gaya to dehri on sone by train no.53607.it starts on time from gaya station but never reach on time to dehri station. You can check arriving time of said train at dehri station of last 2-3 months.it is a very serious issue because railways neglecting the common people. Many time i have observed that train is stopped at station and empty goods trains are allowed to pass. Please take the matter seriously and urgent.
  • edited September 2014
    15959 kumrup exp s1- seat no 1to 8 in the compartment not run fan, i already complain to cmplain cell but there are no responce me,plz i want justice.