complaint registration against Just Dial Services

SarikaSarika Junior Member
edited February 2012 in Real Estate
I got cheated by Justdial services last month......actually our organisation EVENTbiz has entered into the contract on 2nd December 2008 and since then the days of my miserability starts....i started receiving leads from them wef 4th Dec 2008 first there was problem in categorisation of services....sent three reminders in mails but of no use, then i stop notifying anything to them after that i was getting all the leads waste rubbish, no use on top of that somebody gave me a call by saying this that he got my no. from Just dial and want some call girls ...i was totally stunned.....it means that whosoever is calling justdial., justdial is passing all the information to the caller without screening them or judging them horrible.....

On the very first day Justdial has sent some marketing personnal who was carrying one laptop with one pen drive one India Today magazine to impress...they have shown VSSmani Managing Director of the company article showing 100 crores profit and successful to extort money from me Rs. 5000/- in cash and Rs. 6237/- in cheque ... promising me the quality of calls and services then after taking money from me one customer support exe was calling me saying that 15-20% calls will be the crank one which was not informed me earlier ..anyway they keep me in third position by charging Rs. 100/- for per call and then i started receiving leads...i asked to do categorisation in Event Management organiser Sub cat Birthday organiser, Live Bands/DJ/ Dance Troupe provider/ Decorators but everytime i use to receive leads where people was asking me for courses / training / dj for Rs. 2000/- / event management organisers calls to take the privacy and details & like that so many rubbish calls till 1st Jan.........

When i asked them to refund my money Rs. 5000 plus the telephone abnormal charges bill of Rs. 1700/- they said i consumed my money and whatever i want i can do.....wherever i want to go i can go.....

Please look into the matter and help me to get back my hard earned money...
your kind cooperation in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sarika Ganguly
EVENTbiz
:(

Comments

• adminadmin Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Hello,
    We have gone through your complaint, Kindly send us some details.
    1) E-Mail sent to JUST DIAL.
    2) Your full contact details.
    3) Bill details.

Thanks
  • edited February 2010
    We are a web deveoipment company we got registered with Just Dial 2 Years back for business leads instead of getting the leads for my business I kept getting calls for rail reservation at odd hours , so I closed my account with them.

But since after their tele callers are after me calling everyday for renewal of account which I refused every time and requested to remove my no. from their database every time they assured the no.will be removed and I will not be getting any more calls

But it never stops and calls keep coming today I again told their caller not to call me again and remove my number the reply from their caller was " DO WHAT EVER YOU CAN DO >>>COMPLINT ANY WHERE BUT WE DON'T REMOVE YOUR NO. >>> AND YOU WILL KEEP ON GETTING CALLS...
  • edited February 2010
    We are a web deveoipment company we got registered with Just Dial 2 Years back for business leads instead of getting the leads for my business I kept getting calls for rail reservation at odd hours , so I closed my account with them.

But since after their tele callers are after me calling everyday for renewal of account which I refused every time and requested to remove my no. from their database every time they assured the no.will be removed and I will not be getting any more calls

But it never stops and calls keep coming today I again told their caller not to call me again and remove my number the reply from their caller was " DO WHAT EVER YOU CAN DO >>>COMPLINT ANY WHERE BUT WE DON'T REMOVE YOUR NO. >>> AND YOU WILL KEEP ON GETTING CALLS...

Dear Customer,

We would like to understand & resolve your grievances to serve the best services.

Kindly contact on 09718604246 or 0120-2488241 Extn No 2454 or mail on delhi@justdial.com & shakirhussain@justdial.com

Thanking You,

Just Dial Customer Support-Delhi/NCR
  • edited February 2010
    My complaint is pending since 2007. My registration no. is 2207289. Till today no lead has been satisfactory inspite of increasing charges per lead and dancing to your tunes and fancies. All your rep. Mr.Sachin,Smita, Manju{supposed to be a top official} Shama and many others I have talked are useless brutes. Good for nothing Only they can do blah blah but not help me. Anyway my money About (Rs.11000/-) lying with u should be treated as DONATION to ur poor COMPANY and give me the receipt for the same for I.T.Purpose.nnumerable emails have left unattended and they are out to extract money from me. Already I have planned a strategy with all other customers who are not satisfied with u and with ur fraud ways and a joint action will be there. This is only a warning. Please solve our cases or give us in writing that u r unable to help us. Then we will do the needful. I would not like to repeat my case again and again. You are lastly reauested to solve the case or face the consequences. All the above mentioned people know my case at mumbai. Once again I give my no. as 2207289 dated 11/02/07 money taken by Sachin |Masurkar and TME Smita
  • edited April 2010
    My complaint is pending since 2007. My registration no. is 2207289. Till today no lead has been satisfactory inspite of increasing charges per lead and dancing to your tunes and fancies. All your rep. Mr.Sachin,Smita, Manju{supposed to be a top official} Shama and many others I have talked are useless brutes. Good for nothing Only they can do blah blah but not help me. Anyway my money About (Rs.11000/-) lying with u should be treated as DONATION to ur poor COMPANY and give me the receipt for the same for I.T.Purpose.nnumerable emails have left unattended and they are out to extract money from me. Already I have planned a strategy with all other customers who are not satisfied with u and with ur fraud ways and a joint action will be there. This is only a warning. Please solve our cases or give us in writing that u r unable to help us. Then we will do the needful. I would not like to repeat my case again and again. You are lastly reauested to solve the case or face the consequences. All the above mentioned people know my case at mumbai. Once again I give my no. as 2207289 dated 11/02/07 money taken by Sachin |Masurkar and TME Smita

Dear Customer,

Refer to our telecon he stated problem is already been resolved. You are requested to please put your comment & close the issue on this site.

Thanking You,
    Just Dial Customer Support Mumbai
  • drmanjushadrmanjusha Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    We have used the "Akanksha Packers & Movers" service for shifting within Mumbai in first week of Feb 2010.They have stolen my Nikon digital camera as well as many other small things during shifting.We didn't have receipt of my old Nikon digicam so could not register FIR.When I tried publishing review against the same in "just dial" so that others should not suffer like us (We got this "Akanksha Packers & Movers" number through "just dial"), they did not publish my review.I registered a complaint on phone in just dial but I didn't get any reply.I repeatedly tried to follow up my complaint but they told me that they are not responsible for creditability of their customers.I agree, but when there are many complaints against the same "Akanksha Packers & Movers",then also Just dial is not taking any responsibility.Neither they are publishing my review nor they taking any action against it.I feel, though just dial cannot take the responsibility of creditability of their customers, they should have some moral responsibility.People are getting numbers through "just dial"& not everybody go on the net & read the reviews before fixing up the service.
  • edited May 2010
    I have been cheated again and again by Justdial. Even though i stopped my ECS scheme still i was charged cruelly.
    The management system is improper. Without informing the customer, they directly debit our account with their charges. Whoever is the receipent of this article, please help me with that.

I am a Beautitian my parlour is Shagun Make Over I got registered with Just Dial 4 months back for business leads for my business I kept getting at odd hours, so I closed my account with them.

I have requested to them please discontinued the service but they denied and they have not replied me.

Please help me the to get the refund and do justice with my case.

Kindly revert to the earliest.
  • ushashanshahushashanshah Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Usha Shanshah Doddamani
    essay_infotech@yahoo.com

I have been cheated again and again by Justdial. Even though i stopped my ECS scheme still i was charged cruelly.
    The management system is improper. Without informing the customer, they directly debit our account with their charges. I have at regular intervals informed the officials of just dial services, mumbai for unsubscription. but no one seems to be hearing. They have the habit of turning deaf ears to such issues. They are interested only in collecting money without giving any services.

Following are the emails sent to just dial services
    03rd June 2010

To,

The Managing Director,
    JUST DIAL PVT LTD, MUMBAI BRANCH

Sub : Greviances

Respected Sir,

Following are the emails which are attached with this mail for your references.

Inspite of repeated repeated reminders and telephonic talk with your staff at mumbai office your representatives have turned deaf ears.

I had spoken to your representative Miss. Meghna Patel regarding the unsubscription of my company. from your list and i was told that it will be done and no ECS will be debited from my account. But surprisingly again the ECS was debited from my current account. On enquiry I was told that the matter was tp be discussed with the accounts and will then revert back but till date none of your executive bothered to call. Today when i called Ms. Meghna Patel even did not try calling back even after giving her the message. Is this the way your representative behave and solve the issue ?

Today I have spoken to your representative Ms. Yogita Banerjee and she has assured me that the ECS will not be debited from June 2010. I want to know Sir. How can you charge me for not providing any of your services THROUGHOUT your contract. Sir this is very hard earned money and it cannot be just misutilised.Very false promises were made by your executive during the signiing of the contract and your telecall executive.

I request you to personally look in to the matter seriously and refund all the money debited to my account at the earliest.

With Regards,

Usha Shanshah / Shanshah Doddamani

Mails which were sent earlier for Unsubscription

--- On Sat, 4/3/10, Essay Infotech <essay_infotech@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Fw: Unsubscription from your Website - ESSAY INFOTECH COMPUTER INSITUTE, KALAMBOLI
    To: mumbai@justdial.com
    Cc: essay_infotech@yahoo.com
    Date: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 1:32 PM

Respected Sir, UNSUBSCRIPTION - ESSAY INFOTECH, KALAMBOLI

This has reference to our earlier mail dtd 23/03/2010 regarding cancellation of our subscription. Inspite of our request to your office you have not stopped the subscription and you are mothly debiting the amount from my Bank Account. This is very unfair and very bad from your side. Till date you have debited the amount every month from our current account without giving proper clarification and intimation to the person signing in time of the contract. The forms on which signatures were taken by your representative was taken without giving the full intimation to us.

You are requested to please refund the amount at the earliest since you had hosted the wrong address with the wrong telephone no at your website a copy of which has already been sent to you. but you have turned deaf ears. If the problem is not sorted out at the earliest I will take the matter with the concerned authorirites who will in future will deal with you.

Thanking you,

With Regards,

Usha Shanshah / Shanshah Doddamani

--- On Tue, 3/23/10, Essay Infotech <essay_infotech@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Unsubscription from your Website - ESSAY INFOTECH COMPUTER INSITUTE, KALAMBOLI
    To: mumbai@justdial.com
    Cc: essayinfotech@gmail.com, "shanshah doddamani" <shanshahdoddamani@gmail.com>
    Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 6:06 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam, Mob No 9702089272

This is to inform you that your office had been informed in the 1st week of December, 2009 that our office address mentioned in your website was not correct and therefore we did not get any of your forwarded calls useful for our business. (An image of the same is herewith attached in the form of attachment for your perusal). But still you have sent the ECS to our bank for No Service rendered by you. You are hereby requested to kindly refund the amount debited from our account as no service was provided to us.. I would also like to draw your attention that so far we have not got a single call from either Kalamboli, or Kamothe for any of the enquiries frowarded by you. Since your services are not useful to us in way of location wise requirement. I hereby would like to unsubscribe the name of ESSAY INFOTECH COMPUTER INSTITUTE, KALAMBOLI from the subscription with immediate effect.. and refund the amount to us at the earliest.
    Awaiting your reply,

With Regards,

Usha Shanshah Doddamani
  • edited June 2010
    To,

The Managing Director,
    JUST DIAL PVT LTD, MUMBAI BRANCH

The management system is improper. Without informing the customer, they directly debit our account with their charges. I have at regular intervals informed the officials of just dial services, mumbai for unsubscription. but no one seems to be hearing. They have the habit of turning deaf ears to such issues. They are interested only in collecting money without giving any services.

Following are the emails sent to just dial services
    03rd June 2010

To,
  • edited July 2010
    I am cheated by justdial. They asked me for Rs.1000/- per month pack. I gave them the cheque initially and then they got the ECS form signed from me. In the 1st month , i was not satisfied with the leads. So, i called them up nd told that i want to stop the ECS and i wll ask the back to stop it. Then the guys told thatbank wont stop it. We will only stop. You just put a mail. I mailed them on 12th july 2010. And i didnt receive any email from them. Again i sent a mail on 16th july. And then they fired an ECS on17th and sent me a mail that your ECS will not be cancelled heceforth. I jus want my money back. Please let me know if you are going to launch any consumer complaint against them . I am intrested in just punishing these guys badly.
  • edited July 2010
    I have taken annual membership Rs.550 per month, no proper leads at all, when I want to stop the ECS, they are not stopping it. I am being charged again and again past 2 months.

Customer sales executives say, yes we will do it, but each time I am charged again.

What is this company? How does it continue running?
    Why is no legal action taken by Consumer Court against such fraud cheat companies?

They are making BIIIIGGGGG big bucks with our hard-earned money.

At least stop it if customer does not want your service.
    Yeh jabardasti kya hai? Goonda log ka company hai kya?

Please take IMMEDIATE ACTION against this Just Dial fraud company.
  • edited August 2010
    To all people who are looking out at Just Dial as a advertising route!

We had signed a contract with Just Dial (JD) by paying per lead (lead based contract) in 2008. The following are the lead contract that we had signed with Just Dial and the leads that we have received and the leads that are pending.

City Contract Actual Pending leads
    Baroda 50 38 12
    Ahmdabad 50 34 16
    Surat 50 11 39
    Mumbai 15 15 0

This data has been provided by Justdial team from Ahmedabad itself and we are yet to verify whether its true or not. However, Its been more than 8-10 months since the contract has expired and the leads are still pending. I am yet to receive any lead since February inspite of leads being pending.

Why did JUSTDIAL sign a contract with me promising me x nos of inquiries, when you are unable to meet those demands? Infact Mr. Sultan, who was your branch head, Baroda then, was boasting that I should go in for a larger package since this package will be over within a month!! WOW – for me its been 18 months, and looks like its not yet 1 month by Mr. Sultan’s standards!! Second, if the lead contract is still not over, why is JD not sending me any new leads since February?? Thirdly, JD has called only when it came to renewal of the contract – why didn’t you contact me when you were unable to meet the inquiries allotted to me?? Lastly, JustDial expects me to go in for a renewal , after the kind of quality, quantity and service that I have been offered??? THIS IS SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE!!

I am seriously not pleased with JUSTDIAL, as IMHO, it is just promising people like us the moon, and then completely failing to deliver on their promise!! Which shows the integrity of the company. IF someone asks me, whether they should go in for JD – I would scream – NOOOOO!!

I just had a talk with the JD representative today, and he said, that since the software is automated and the 1 yr is over, the contract is OVER. Now they have asked me to pay another Rs. 12,000 instead of Rs. 18000, so that I can recover the already pending amount. I told him, why cant JD simply credit the due amount into my account (with permission from their Headquarters) and then let the amount I have paid per lead, get over and then approach me for renewal. But the only answer that i got was, we are already giving you a credit in our new scheme! Wow, I have already lost a couple of thousand, and now to recover that couple of thousand, they want me to put in another couple of thousand!!

If people make fool of you once, its ok; Dont allow Just Dial company to make fools out of your TWICE!! BEWARE!!

Chaitanya Yardi.
    Director (Marketing)
    NRG Technologists Pvt Ltd
  • edited August 2010
    Dear All

I'd like to bring to your notice the need to evaluate any promise made by Just Dial and their representatives about capabilities so far as lead generation goes!

Beware - they make all sort of commitments and later retract their statements!
  • edited September 2010
    PEOPLE, I want to start an online community which will be highlighting JustDial's Frauds. I would like to save people from being victim of JustDial. Please show your support by replying at the below address. Thank you.

FraudDial.blogspot.com

Sarika wrote: »
    I got cheated by Justdial services last month......actually our organisation EVENTbiz has entered into the contract on 2nd December 2008 and since then the days of my miserability starts....i started receiving leads from them wef 4th Dec 2008 first there was problem in categorisation of services....sent three reminders in mails but of no use, then i stop notifying anything to them after that i was getting all the leads waste rubbish, no use on top of that somebody gave me a call by saying this that he got my no. from Just dial and want some call girls ...i was totally stunned.....it means that whosoever is calling justdial., justdial is passing all the information to the caller without screening them or judging them horrible.....

On the very first day Justdial has sent some marketing personnal who was carrying one laptop with one pen drive one India Today magazine to impress...they have shown VSSmani Managing Director of the company article showing 100 crores profit and successful to extort money from me Rs. 5000/- in cash and Rs. 6237/- in cheque ... promising me the quality of calls and services then after taking money from me one customer support exe was calling me saying that 15-20% calls will be the crank one which was not informed me earlier ..anyway they keep me in third position by charging Rs. 100/- for per call and then i started receiving leads...i asked to do categorisation in Event Management organiser Sub cat Birthday organiser, Live Bands/DJ/ Dance Troupe provider/ Decorators but everytime i use to receive leads where people was asking me for courses / training / dj for Rs. 2000/- / event management organisers calls to take the privacy and details & like that so many rubbish calls till 1st Jan.........

When i asked them to refund my money Rs. 5000 plus the telephone abnormal charges bill of Rs. 1700/- they said i consumed my money and whatever i want i can do.....wherever i want to go i can go.....

Please look into the matter and help me to get back my hard earned money...
    your kind cooperation in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sarika Ganguly
    EVENTbiz
    :(
  • edited September 2010
    Just dial.com is an organization that symbolizes uneducated, unprofessional, unqualified, fraud, illegal and cheat people.

There are many illegal instances that just dial.com do -

1) Taking payments and posting ads of brands that don't belong to brand owners. They don't see any documentary evidence but just take money and post the ads.

2) Posting fake reviews of good and bad points about a particular brand to deteriorate brand image of any client. They rather act as a legal agent and ask companies to explain why. This is the height of behavior and cheating.

3) Sending same list of leads to a plethora of advertisers..and keeping it exclusive..

These people should be penalized for cheating companies.

for any communication please write prem.swar@gmail.com
  • edited September 2010
    JustDial robs and steals money! JustDial is the Most Fraudulent Company around. Paste the following urls in the browser, Vist them and you will know how.

bit.ly/lXrAF

bit.ly/cdVf62

bit.ly/96d7IB

bit.ly/beuVMf

There are many illegal instances that just dial.com do -

1) Taking payments and posting ads of brands that don't belong to brand owners. They don't see any documentary evidence but just take money and post the ads.

2) Posting fake reviews of good and bad points about a particular brand to deteriorate brand image of any client. They rather act as a legal agent and ask companies to explain why. This is the height of behavior and cheating.

3) Sending same list of leads to a plethora of advertisers..and keeping it exclusive..

These people should be penalized for cheating companies.

for any communication please write prem.swar@gmail.com[/QUOTE]
  • edited September 2010
    NRG wrote: »
    To all people who are looking out at Just Dial as a advertising route!

We had signed a contract with Just Dial (JD) by paying per lead (lead based contract) in 2008. The following are the lead contract that we had signed with Just Dial and the leads that we have received and the leads that are pending.

City Contract Actual Pending leads
    Baroda 50 38 12
    Ahmdabad 50 34 16
    Surat 50 11 39
    Mumbai 15 15 0

This data has been provided by Justdial team from Ahmedabad itself and we are yet to verify whether its true or not. However, Its been more than 8-10 months since the contract has expired and the leads are still pending. I am yet to receive any lead since February inspite of leads being pending.

Why did JUSTDIAL sign a contract with me promising me x nos of inquiries, when you are unable to meet those demands? Infact Mr. Sultan, who was your branch head, Baroda then, was boasting that I should go in for a larger package since this package will be over within a month!! WOW – for me its been 18 months, and looks like its not yet 1 month by Mr. Sultan’s standards!! Second, if the lead contract is still not over, why is JD not sending me any new leads since February?? Thirdly, JD has called only when it came to renewal of the contract – why didn’t you contact me when you were unable to meet the inquiries allotted to me?? Lastly, JustDial expects me to go in for a renewal , after the kind of quality, quantity and service that I have been offered??? THIS IS SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE!!

I am seriously not pleased with JUSTDIAL, as IMHO, it is just promising people like us the moon, and then completely failing to deliver on their promise!! Which shows the integrity of the company. IF someone asks me, whether they should go in for JD – I would scream – NOOOOO!!

I just had a talk with the JD representative today, and he said, that since the software is automated and the 1 yr is over, the contract is OVER. Now they have asked me to pay another Rs. 12,000 instead of Rs. 18000, so that I can recover the already pending amount. I told him, why cant JD simply credit the due amount into my account (with permission from their Headquarters) and then let the amount I have paid per lead, get over and then approach me for renewal. But the only answer that i got was, we are already giving you a credit in our new scheme! Wow, I have already lost a couple of thousand, and now to recover that couple of thousand, they want me to put in another couple of thousand!!

If people make fool of you once, its ok; Dont allow Just Dial company to make fools out of your TWICE!! BEWARE!!

Chaitanya Yardi.
    Director (Marketing)
    NRG Technologists Pvt Ltd

Dear Ms. Chaitanya,

With reference to your telephonic discussion in Customer Support, all the issues have been resolved.

Please withdraw your complaint or comment on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
    Just Dial Services
  • maheshwar_jenamaheshwar_jena Junior Member
    edited October 2010
    We had signed a Contract with Just Dial & the First Thing was discussed over phone by there executive about our companies working areas, when I Explained that we are into Plumbing & Fire Fighting Contracts, they easily agreed & after a few negotiation we had signed the contract. It took alomost 01 Weeks to come on the Just Dial Site & that was full of mistakes, My Designation mentioned was Wrong, My Company's area of working was totally different except one. When try to search the Plumbing Contractor, i Had wasted my time there was nothing in there web site, When i complaint against the things they said try through our website, you can update the things, please don't call us.
    But again , nothing happened, i mailed them, but nothing happened, After various mails & phone calls i started receive the calls from just dial, saying this can;t possible to list you in 02 categories.

I asked for return the money, they simply refused....

This Company Put Traps & whosoever get trapped, they swell them.

Just Dial is really a rubbish Company to go with.

If somebody ask me whether to go with JD, i will say no.......... never.....................

Just Dial had Cheated me & may be cheating with other thousands & harass peoples. i think they have got tie up with phone companies also, that why they want people to call them again & again. This is a planned way to looting the money from innocent peoples.

This company to be banned for forever.

MANOJ KUMAR JENA
    DIRECTOR
    V.K Mechanical Services Pvt. Ltd.
  • edited November 2010
    The service of my airtel no 9910773742 had been deactivated by giving false reason by the operator that I had not reacharged my account within six months on 27-10-2010.But, I had already recharged my account with e-recharge of Rs-120.00 and Rs-50.00 on 19-10-2010 at mumbai.
    now I want to lodge a complain agains and my service operator AIRTEL and I want to them to active my account and pay me the damages and loss that occurs due to the nonactiveness of my number.
    With regards
    Aqueel Ahmed
    cell no-9910773742
    Service provider-- BHARTI AIRTEL LIMITED
  • edited November 2010
    Dear all

Dont buy any property hereafter from Sterling estates and properties Head office located near T.Nagar

They are worst frauds ever i have seen

They tell only one house left for sale in the building but actually 50% not sold

Their construction is one of the poor class design ,sand used instead of cement for building

After i have finished my payment they have taken 6 months to finish their work such a worst idiots
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Mr. Manoj,

With reference to your above mentioned comment and checked all the details of your respective contract. We would like to inform you that you have taken a membership worth of Rs. 6000/- for 1 year that means Rs. 16/- (approx) per day, this membership runs on a rotational basis and your contract is running very fine according to the membership taken.

Secondly, I would like to request you to kindly visit on our website and update the related categories by your self in your contract. You will get the inquiries accordingly.

We have tried to contact you but unfortunately we couldn't contact you on given number. So, we would like to request you to kindly contact us on 011-61607080 or write us on delhi@justdial.com or shakirhussain@justdial.com.

We will surely resolve all your queries/issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Just Dial Services
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Mr. Prem,
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Customer,

We would like to understand your griviences/issues. But we have not found your contact details.

Please contact us at 011-61607080 or write us on delhi@justdial.com

Thanks & Regards,
    Just Dial Services
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Customer,

We would like to understand your griviences/issues. But we have not found your contact details.

Please contact us at 011-61607080 or write us on delhi@justdial.com

Thanks & Regards,
    Just Dial Services
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Freinds
    I am Lawyer from Delhi, i am also been suffering by misguiding by JUST DAIL
    when we are approching to them no one is able to give answer properly
    i would request you all to Please give me your contact ID.
    Sunil
  • Shiju RadhakrishnanShiju Radhakrishnan Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi Consumer Court Team,

I take care of sales and marketing functions at a small Kerala based tour operator called tennderGreens Holidays. Back in August 2011, Just Dial contacted us and offered us with some alluring packages to list our company's name in 6 metros - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore. We were promised with at least about 14 relevant leads (genuine, quality leads) and the total package was worth Rs 1.2 Lakhs. Unlike any professional company, they never gave a written commitment for the number of leads. However, we were gullible to believe the sales person (a person named Balasubramani, who turned out to be one of the biggest frauds I've ever met in life). We signed the deal and got the keywords activated.

However, from day one, we started getting completely non relevant leads (that too around 4 to 5 leads per day) worth pure waste of money, time and energy. When things were not working as expected, I was under pressure within the company to work with Just Dial and try improving the scene. However, Just Dial, by nature didnt have anything to offer and at the end of 2 months trial, they (Mr Balasubramani - the sales person) admitted saying he wouldnt be able to offer the promised no of leads and hence suggested cancelling the contract. However, we still gave another 2 weeks for him to explore any possibilities of improvement. Finally, much to our disgust, we decided to pull-off the contract and requested for the refund.

Mr Balasubramani was the only person with whom we were interacting and he had blocked all other in the company to stop interacting with us. We believed him when he said it will take about a month to get the refund. We waited a month, but much to our surprise, he informed that it's still being worked out and will take another few weeks. Finally, it's a huge sum for a small company like ours and hence didnt want to argue on anything. We waited another one and half months. On 10th December (after 2 and half months of cancelling the contract), we were clueless and was really concerned about the refund. However, as a shocking surprise, from this day, Mr Balasubramani has stopped attending our calls or emails. After hopelessly calling him for more than 10 times day, we decided to reach out to someone higher-up in Just Dial, Chennai. However, sadly none of them seem to be taking any responsibility of the issue and stated,

"Just Dial never refunds the payment"

To them it doesnt matter if they honor the commitments to the customers not, but the payments are never refunded. It was hard to understand the fundamentals of that business sense. How can a company of this kind behave so irresponsibly and unprofessionally? Dont we have a bit of human sense when at least they collect such huge sum of Rs 1.2 Lakhs?

Our financial losses were further magnificent. Thinking we would need extra hands to respond to the huge number of enquiries, we had also hired half a dozen customer support executives, who ended up having no job for almost 2 months and we eventually had to dissolve this team due to lack of business. We are not complaining about all that we did, without knowing that Just Dial as such a scrouplous company. However, we at least need the refund of the payment we did to Just Dial for no services delivered.

Is there any way that anyone of you can help us getting this done? We have very limited written proofs or email comunications to prove any of the commitments from Just Dial. All we have is the one way from communications from us, as Just Dial persons never written anything back to us. We used to write a mail first, then call Mr Balasubramani to figure out if anything can be done. He seem to have been clever enough not to use emails and leave any proofs behind for the promises given.

Please help if anyone can help us in this regard. Would be sincerely grateful for that. Also, please let me know if I need to mail the email communications that we have with them. Thanks.

Regards,

Shiju Radhakrishnan, tennderGreens Holidays, Cochin, Kerala | +91 99625 71074
  • edited December 2010
    Hi All,

Heartfelt thanks to this forum - I got a call from the VP of Just Dial Chennai (Mr Rajiv Nair) and also met him along with the Center Manager (Mr Satish) on 27th Dec, 2010. This meeting was very helpful. After listening to our experience and also based on his own research, he was convinced of our situation and had agreed to refund the balance remaining in our account. The refund is expected in a week's time.

It's really glad to see that there is finally someone accountable to address customer complaints. Once again thanks to both the forum and Senior Management of Just Dial.

Regards,

Shiju Radhakrishnan, tennderGreens
  • edited February 2011
    Dear all,
    I recommend that you do not signup for Just Dial at all. They will LIE TO YOU. I first signed a contract with them for three months for Rs.9000 and I got only 40 leads in a period of 120 days and most of the leads were people looking for jobs at my company.

After three months, Anuja Walwalkar contacted me and promised me that if I increase my package to Rs.4000 a month, I will get at least 2 quality leads a day. I asked her if she was willing to give that in writing and she said yes. So I signed the contract on 21st January 2011 and got it in writing on my contract that I will get at least 2 leads a day . It took them 1 week to activate the contract and once the new contract was activated, they debited my bank account for the old contract as well. They deducted Rs.3309 from my account for the old contract which had already been cancelled.

I spoke to Vishal Chatterjee from Customer Support and he said it would not be possible to refund the money so I told them to apply it towards my new contract but didn't do so. I have been emailing and calling them continuously but they said my money is in the GENERAL ACCOUNT(What the hell is a general account????) and I need to email them to transfer it to my new contract even though I have emailed them millions of time.

About the leads, they don't do any quality control on them and 99% of them are fake leads that I think Just Dial just sends you so that you are happy. Most of the numbers are for police stations or PCOs.

So please please stay away from this fraud company. Luckily, I have things in writing from them and I can approach consumer court to sue them. I also recorded their calls for evidence.

So if you have been cheated by this company, make sure to record every call you make to them.

If you are planning to deal with this company, DON'T. You will spend endless hours on the phone getting nowhere, you will waste your money and you will be stressed for no reason. You would be better off spending your money on the poor.

And if anyone from Just Dial is reading, I shall see the following people in consumer court soon -
    Anuja Walwalkar - I have your emails and call recorded
    Vishal Chatterjee - I have your call recorded as well
  • edited February 2011
    Dear sir/ma'am,

I have registered my company before and now I have pay Rs.4999 for Reseller a/c of justdial through my credit card.
    They have not given any copy or document for it and now they not reply in tele conversation and also in mail.Whenever I call up to them they just telling that I am forwarding your call to our concern department or else I they are calling you back.They are just playing with me.

Thanks and regards,
    Chinmoy Saha
    E-mail:-chinmoy@sasswift.com
  • edited March 2011
    Since last few months iam a registered member for just dial services, hyderabad.
    i had paid amount of Rs. 18+ thousands for getting service from just dial, according to the scheme they proposed while signing the deal they promised several things to me related with service n other facilities.
    the movement they received their amount, no further communication from their end.
    This organization has fooled me n they are not upto their words n comitments.