Complain against Mumbai Passport Office.

smita.pasismita.pasi Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Government Department
passport.jpgHello,

I have applied for the new passport on 26th July 2010 from Mumbai Passport office and my File reference No
is BOM-A026227-10. I got married in June 2010 and from that time living in Mumbai. So while applying for
the passport filled two police verification forms, one for Mumbai and another for Pulgaon(Wardha District)
where I was living beforemarriage.

Mumbai police verification has been completed in August 2010 only but another file for verification was never
received by the Pulgaon (Wardha) Police.

I was contineously checking for the online status and from there got to know passport office has called me
to meet PRO with all the documents. I went passport office on 30th September 2010 to meet PRO and she
said your second police verification is not done so you have to submit police verification form which we will
send to Pulgaon (Wardha). Same day I re-submitted all documents along with police verification form and
from that time till now online status showing "Your application is in process".

Even after more than 3 weeks file has not yet received by the Pulgaon (Wardha) Police where as Mumbai
police has again received the file for verification. This kind of behaviour from passport office is only a mental
harrassment nothing else. Since I am pregnant, its very difficult for me to go again and again to meet PRO
who dont take their work seriously.

Please suggest me what should I do in this situation. Your suggestions are valuable for me.

Smita Pasi

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I have applied for the passport on 18th february 2011 from mumbai passport office and my file reference no is
    BOM-B006710-11
    BY CHECKING MY STATUS ONLINE IT SAYS THAT MY POLICE VERIFICATION IS NOT YET RECEIVED...
    I am a minor, so i had to go to the police station again to submit ANNEXURE 'H' on 29th march 2011...
    and today it has been a month that my status says that "police verification not yet received"
    PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW..... YOUR DECISIONS ARE VALUABLE FOR ME

THANKS AND REGARDS,
    NIHARIKA NAVNEET KULKARNI
  • edited October 2011

My fiance manali gaonkar had applied for passport on 28th Sept through an agent. Now when i am checking the passport status it is showing that it will get dispatched on 7th December.

Does getting a passport takes more than 2 months?
    Police verification was done on 2nd week of october then why is this delay of more 2 months?

File reference number :- BOM-Z945774-11

Please do revert at the earliest.

Yogindra rawat
  • LegallyoursLegallyours Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    Hello All. I want to know how many passports can a single person he/she can have in thier life time period,and whether it is possible to obtain a passport without Police verification,and can a person whether he/she can alter thier names and hide thier identity,and go freeely whereevr they want to,is it posssible to do so ? becoz as far as i hav seen it is really impossible,to obtain a passport without the Police verification and lots of questioning,so how can this person who i know as my friends mother who did every possible way to alter her name without the knowledge of the Police as well as the Passport office,and is still living freely in the Gulf country,have no one in the entire Passport offfice department as well as the Police tried to investigate this matter,law is law and is for evrybody,how can this woman tried to fool the Police and who shall be that smart person who had tried to give her this authority to go freely,you all shall be surprised to know that this woman hav 2 more passports in differnt names.Is there anybody over here who knows are thre new laws arrived for doing all this who is Responsible.As a Mumbai citizen we all have the right to know about this cheating case. For more information please contact me freely on jwahab23@yahoo.com or 9987395532
  • edited November 2011
    my name is nasiruddin
    my file numberis :B024500
    appliesd on 6-july2011

my name is nasiruddin ,i am born in mumbai, i have my birth certifiacte ,college leaving certificate ,and syb.com board certicate ,electicity bill, pan card, ration card, election id proof ,residenc proof ,bank details all document are ok, but still my report is pendind because they send the file to lucknow passpart office for father native for verification .the file was send to lucknow on 28-oct 2011, but it still show applicatin in process, iwant to know why my details are pending it has been six months
  • ton_citizenton_citizen Junior Member
    edited December 2011
    My self Ton Issac
    Cochin,KERALA.
    COC B06507811
    I HAVE APPLIED FOR PASSPORT ON 18TH SEPT 2011.POLICE VERIFICATION WAS OVER IN A WEEK.WHEN I CHECKED MY STATUS IT WAS SAID 13TH DEC IT WILL BE DISPATCHED.AFTER TWO DAYS THE STATUS CHANGED TO SEE POLICY SECTION ,MEET PRO.WHEN I MET THEM THEY SAID ITS FORWARDED TO ANOTHER POLICE VERIFICATION.ITS BEEN MORE THEN 2 MONTHS.WHY THIS DELAY.OR IS IT FOR ANY BRIBE.
  • edited April 2012
    as my mother want to do umra and hazz and she are preparing for passport application as today her appoinment with passport office when she reached she bring along with her original ration card with copies ,pan card with copy ,election card with copy electricity bill with copy photos marrige affidefit with copies etc.after all this documents, officer asked her about my father documents our homes power of oterny etc and finaly not accpeted and she back to home and my mother age is 46 years old.
    then i would like to know sir is it necessary to bring this lot of documents to passport office or is it low for which documents officers in passport office asking for.

please give me reply sir,

regards,
    Ali Abdul.
  • edited May 2012
    Myself Ruby Jain. I have applied passport in October 2011. I am a student and because of that i had to change my hostel room in may- June. I gave two address proof along with my all the documents. First address police verification (Govandi) is done but for second address (Nerul) verification, Nerul Police does not get any document till now. 18 April 2011, I went to passport office. They told me to submit three PPA form along with all the document.Same day I resubmit all the document. But till now, Status shows the same. Please suggest me what can I do. Its very urgent for me.

THANKS AND REGARDS,
    Ruby
  • edited May 2012

This is zahid from mumbai (MALAD), i have applied for passsport last 4months..26/2/2012...

and
    my police verification also over but since then i had not recieved my passport wenever i go to the police station they said they had send my report to the office but
    wen i talk with the officer in worli passport office they said police hadnt send the file last 2 month police and the officer are saying same thing i really tired about his thing ...plz help me sir...
    wen i check in site on internet i found officer are right because police hadnt send my file to the office
    ............
  • edited May 2012
    respected sir i am submitted my passport form file no bom b007288-12 dt 07/03/2012
    my police enquiry held on 20/03/2012 i was submitted all required document to bhandup police
    station at officer mr. pagare but now i still not got my paassport . the status shows police enquiry incomplate
    but i have face 2 times in police station & provided all my records
    please give me reply wt is actual problem & clear my passport as early as possible
  • edited May 2012

My Name is VINIT PRAVIN MISTRY had applied for passport on 19th DEC 2011 through an agent.Since then i am checking the status of my passport online.Now the problem is that it was going to dispatched on 1st May 2012.Till now it is not dispatched from passport office because of getting delayed in my passport i am not able to go for further study in Abroad.

Police verification was done more than 3 month ago and after that my document was arrived in passport office on 11 April. 2012.Not only that whereever i went without money they don't forward the document of an applicant.why and why it is getting delayed.

File reference number :- BOM-Z975648-11

Please do revert at the earliest.

Vinit Mistry
    Dear sir\madam,

my application is given on 27\12\2011 but due to some addresss change it was not completed so again i gave the application with old and new address as well .but its almost 1 month passed i have job in my hand but just waiting for my passport to get it as i m jobless...try to understand the situation.

And it’s a request that please do help me.

My file no is :z911503- date of birth-05\04\1985.

I m visiting passport office every week standing hours n hours and police stations but i m not getting the answer where exactly is my application.

Kindly do the needful..and do please hellp me.
    dear sir\madam,

And it’s a request that please do help me.

My file no is :z911503- date of birth-05\04\1985.

Kindly do the needful..and do please hellp me.
    stilllllllllllll waiting for the replyyyyyyyy.?????
  • edited May 2012

I have applied for the new passport on 18th April 2012 from Mumbai Passport office and my File reference No
    is BOM-B011157 still when i check for the status it shows police report not received i want to kniow how long it will take
    to receive my passport.
    Dear sir/madam
    i have no idea where is my file lying i have applied for passport on 27/12/2011 still i have not received any communication from passport office kindly guide for the same......i have given several complaints but still no response they call us in morning we have to stand for hours n hours in the line .we are been harresed a lottt they dont even give any messsage why it is delayed we stand in line for 6 to 7 hours till evening just to meet and they just dont guide us proper my file no is -z911503 kindly look in this .

nitin chavan
  • edited May 2012
    I had submitted my passport application submitted on the 16th of March 2012.

As my pages were over I had given it for renewal even though I had three (3) years validity left.

It has been two and a hlaf months and there is no sign of my passport.

The CID office claims it arrived there only on the 14th of may even though I have a verification from Bandra Police station that it was dispatched there on the 27th of April. Please tell me where my papers were for 20 days and why there is this useless delay when all the newspapers have news of how people recieve their passports in teo weeks.

Nobody gives me an account of where it is or why the delay has occoured. It is shodiness on part of the government machinery that an average citizen is subject to such harrasment.
  • edited June 2012
    my file no is Z911503/Z911502 I HAVE GIVEN APPLICATION ON DEC 2011 STILL I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING I M IN TENSE AS I CAN LOOSE MY JOB.
    KINDLY GUIDE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO ????
    Application Date:10-02-2012
    File Reference No.THN-T006024
    Its almost 120 days from application.My police report send to passport office on 31st may 2012 Ref No.21399 .After 10 days also system showing that report has not been received.I am not understanding why they have not received it when the reports get delivered in person.No body gives right direction to sort the issue.kindly help in the matter.
  • edited June 2012
    I had apply for reissue of passport due to change of name and address post marriage. I submitted my application on 14th April and the police verification was carried out by 10th of May. Though the status on the website says that the PV report has not sent back to the passport office. On calling 1090, they told me that my file was sent to CID office on 29th May and there gave me an estimate that it takes 7/10/15 days, depending on when I called them. I am sure if I call them again, they will tell me that it takes 30 days. Why does this process have to be so painful, when having a passport is supposed to be a basic right?
  • samshah1991samshah1991 Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    The details of my passport application are as follows:

File Reference Number : THN-N007425-12
    Application Date : 10-04-2012
    Applicant's Name : SAMEER SUNIL SHAH
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 21-09-1991

STATUS:Police Report has not been received.

I live in Boisar village, Tal-Palghar, Dist-Thane.
    And I have done my police verification on 10-5-2012, along with my 2
    witnesses in the police station in front of Inspector in-charge Mr.
    SONAWANE.
    As you can see it has been a month but still the report has not been
    sent to the Thane Passport Office.
    Below is the number of the in-charge for passport verification, Boisar.
    Mr. SAHARE-9922931752
    When I reached him on 12-6-2012 he said he had sent the file, but
    didn't give me the file number. I smell something fishy in here.
    Therefore I kindly request you to look in the matter and guide me
    through the next step.
  • edited June 2012
    my passport file no.a003097,since last 7 month ago i had not recievd my passport
    this system is redicules
  • edited July 2012
    myself Vasant Ratan Wathore, submitted my passport application form on dated 01 june,2012 and police verification also done on dated 04 june, 2012 and passport application from also sent to mumbai on dated 07 june,2012.
    near about 02 months are completed but i don't know about status of the application, on your website status of the application not shows, so please guide me .
    My file reference no. BOM-Z485130.

Vasant Ratan Wathore
    vasantwathore@yahoo.co.in
  • edited August 2012
    Today dated 11th August i received my passport but my buildeing name "Happy home " is not printed.
    Because of this address issue my file was re-opened before i get the passoprt but then also the address is not proper in the passport.
  • Anjum NeotiaAnjum Neotia Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    written a mail to the Passport office on 25.02.2010 still no reply or action taken. The detail e-mail is given below:

The Regional Passport Officer,
    Mumbai Passport Office,
    Mumbai-400030 25th February,2010.

Re: Passport No: G8360332 dated 24.04.2008 of my Son - Shivam Neotia.
    Sub: Replacement of Father Name to Guardian Name.

This is to inform you that I am a divorce since 30th October, 1999 and at the time of application of my Son's passport, Shivam Neotia, I had submitted the original Divorce Decree with a request to kindly have my name, Anjum Neotia, as Leagl Guardian in place of Father's Name, as I am single parent of my son SHIVAM NEOTIA.

Therefore, I request you to kindly let me know to whom to contact and how I can have the change effected in my son's Passport No: G8360332 issued on 24/04/2008 after renewal of old passport under file number BOMG00790408.

Just to inform you that recently goverment amended the rules for schools to have the name of Mother in place of Father for divorce parents in the school certificates.

Awaitng for an early reply,

(ANJUM NEOTIA)
    Phone: 28241584.
    e-mail: anju.neotia@gmail.com
  • edited October 2012
    File no. BO1060358991112 dated 6/6/2012
    Police verification already done on 15th Jun 2012.

I am still awaiting for the passport. The status is reflecting as the Passport verification pending. I had called up the toll free numbers of the passport office today. They are intimating about the status which I am also able to verify through online option. They are not able to tell me the exact status. When I started screaming, the officer is saying that your passport is under printing...I also had applied for my daughters passport which is received on 23rd August 2012....

My complaint is WHY IS THE PASSPORT ISSUANCE DELAYED ??????????

IF MY FILES ALONG WITH ALL THE DOCUMENTS ARE PROPERLY VERIFIED ? THEN HOW THE DELAY IS HAPPENED ?? THIS IS A COMPLAINT AS WELL AS THE FEEDBACK TO THE PASSPORT OFFICE... THAT THERE NEEDS TO BE LOTS OF IMPROVEMENT TO BE DONE IN PASSPORT OFFICES?????????? ONLY THE LOOKS OF THE PASSPORT OFFICE IS CHANGED BUT THE PROCESS IS STILL THE SAME AS OUR ANCIENT TIMES.. WE ARE IN COMPUTER STAGE AND NOT IN TYPEWRITER STAGE NOW??????????KINDLY SPEEDEN THE PROCESS OF ISSUANCE OF PASSPORT.. WAITING FOR MORE THAN 4 MONTHS I.E 120 DAYS...

THE PASSPORT WEBSITE MENTIONS 45 DAYS AFTER POLICE VERIFICATION............????/ THIS IS ABSOLUTE HARASSMENT TO FOLLOW UP FOR OUR RIGHTS... WE ARE INDIAN CITIZEN AND ARE APPLYING FOR THE PASSPORT WHICH IS OUR RIGHT ???/

KINDLY EXPEDITE THIS MATTER ??????????????

We have applied four passport on 30.07.2012, for myself, wife and two children. We have received all passports except my wife passport, LEENA SAHAY, FILE NO. BO1060399929612. On enquiry on 1090 the concerned person is saying it is pending in Mumbai CID office since 6.11.2012. It is also important to inform you that on two times some documents are demanded by Mumbai Police in this regard, which we have promptly given.

Please look this matter urgently.

K D SAHAY
    Manager
    State Bank of Patiala
    SEEPZ, Andheri East
    MUMBAI
    kamal.deo.sahay@sbp.co.in
    The above file received at pantnagar police station, ghatkopar, on 2nd november 2012 and after completing the formalities the was despatched to the cid office on 17.11.2012. It is now more than a month the file is still lying at the cid office only. Upon contacting over the phone, i was told to come personally. I am a senior citizen recently undergone a major surgery and under bed rest, as advised by the doctor. With this being the position, how can they boast that passport is issued within a month.
    pl send my passport.my application file no.th 2070531248412 dated 30/08/2012.stil i dint got my passport.it is very urgent.if any problem pl contact me in this number 9320364091/9321364091
    Application Details
    Document Submitted : 29/06/2012 at PSK Malad.
    File No. : BO1060374520212
    Police verification : 17/08/2012 (OW 22657 - 17/08/12)
    PP form Submitted on : 12/10/2012
    2nd Police verification : 21/11/2012 (OW 12069 - 30/11/12)
    ARN. : 12-6153762
    Online RTI Comp. : RC/UG/12/232378v9s

Despite successful police verification and proper documentation, even after second time successful police verification on 21 November 2012,

1) It is more than 6 month from date of application, passport is not issued, why?
    2) Who is responsible for this delay? Names, designations & office addresses of the erring officials.
    3) What is the current status of my application?
    4) Please let me know when I am likely to receive my passport?
    DEAR SIR,
    I HAVE SUBMITTED FORM ON DATED 27 AUG 2012 AND MY FILE NO. BO1060524856812 AFTER 1.5 MONTH RECEIVED POLICE INQUIRY.
    AND FROM AURANGABAD CITY THAT POLICE INQUIRY SENT TO MUMBAI ON 11/11/2012 AND CODE IS 549.
    WHEN I AM CHECKING ONLINE PASSPORT STATUS IT SHOW ME "Police report has been submitted by your respective Thana and is under review at SP Office, District Aurangabad." I HAVE CALLED MANY TIMES TO MUMBAI PASSPORT OFFICE REGARDING THEY JUST SAY "WITHIN ONE WEEK YOU WILL GET PASSPORT" AND NOW IT'S THIRD WEEK I DIDN'T RECEIVED MY PASSPORT. SIR I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THERE PROBLEM

PLEASE LOOK THIS MATTER URGENTLY.

REGARDS
    MOHAMMED NAZEER
  • edited January 2013
    Its been over seven months now that I havent recd my passport till date and the worst is there is no response from regional passport office. Since last two months its just showing the same status in the site that ur passport is under review at Regional passport office.

I had applied it on 19th June, 2012 but now I dont think i will get it before 19th June, 2013.

This is highly disgusting!!!!!!