complaint against meru cab services

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Yesterday one of meru cab. Dl 1y d 4120 swift dzire. Touched my car bumper while going nearby sarai rohilla railway station.and the driver dint evn bothered.
  • edited February 2014
    My name is Harshit Malhotra (husband of Akansha malhotra who booked this cab) meru cab driver Pawan Kumar Booking id 24862629 car registration number DL 1RY 2479 did not wait even for 5 mins despite of asking him to wait. Even when a female has booked a cab this meru cab didn't wait for even 5 mins leaving her on the same street of Delhi which was a year back in the headlines for being the most unsafe road in India. The pick up point was Select City Walk, Press Enclave Marg, which has been in the headlines after 16th December 2012. This Is illegal and this meru cab service should be stopped by lndian Law for providing false service to females of India.
  • edited April 2014
    We have booked Meru CAB on 13th April @ 4:15 PM.
    Till 4:15 PM.No one in Meru Customer care have guts to tell that no Cars are available from the pick up location
    In the emergency cases, banking on the Meru CABS is risky , incase of medical issues, further traveling with flight or train etc.
  • edited May 2014
    I am writing this to express my disgust and disappointment at the pathetic services of meru. I had a booked a cab (ref id 26222314) at 5 am in the morning from my house (at Mayur Vihar, New Delhi) to Anand Vihar Railway Station. The booking was confirmed.

Now, i had my train at 6 am so i assumed that the cab would be there by 5. But i received no sms, no cab number till 4.55 am. I was really worried because its generally difficult to find other modes of transport so early in the morning. And since Meru was booked, i thought it would come. But to my dismay, no cab came. I received no call, received no sms. And when i called up customer care, the dude there tells me - "Sir, these things happen". So unprofessional.

So, at 5 in the morning, i had to run to the streets, look for other cabs, and fortunately one guy on just dial got back to me and came over.

After this episode, i received no apologetic call from meru.

This is is the second time this has happened, last month the same thing had happened.

My experience with Meru is that- they are highly unreliable. If you can ditch customers at 5 am in the morning, how do i rely on you? I have to book a cab tomorrow to the airport. It goes without saying that i am not using meru ever again. And- my network of more than 200 friends and colleagues- they have got my message too. You have mentally harassed me at 5 in the morning.

I will try my best to stop anyone and everyone i know from using meru.
  • edited May 2014
    I had booked a cab for today in the morning at 5 and there were no details given to me till I called them at 4:50 in the morning so I called them and they tell me that there are no cabs available! What rubbish is this.... This is the last time I'm going to take a Meru cab!! But this complain will surely go up to the higher level...after piling on to them they said we will send someone at 5:10 and will call by 5 but I still have not received any call.
  • edited June 2014
    Meru peddled a new service called Genie to me assuring me that it is a Meru service and everything is the same except the cars are Hatchback vehicles. They took a service request and sent me a confirmation with driver details. The driver did not land up and had no intention of doing so which I found out only after I called on the given number. When I called Meru, they washed their hands off it and diverted my complaint to Genie. No senior from the call center even agreed to take my call, forget apologizing or compensating.

This is pure misrepresentation and breaking a verbal and written contract. I have had it with the customer being the only one who has to suffer on account of their inability to meet commitment. Please help me understand what recourse I have!
    Dear Sir/ madam

I had rented meru cab on 10th June 7.0 am from Koperkhairane to Domestic air port Andheri Mumbai and referance no is 923322, after departure from car driver not given me bill of Rs.700.00 at airport, and driver replied you will get bill on your mail ID , but after frequent communication with customer care yet we have not recd. the same . I need it very urgently bcoz i needs to be submitted in my accout dept. so pls look int the matter and sent it on my registered mail ID vtpawar76@yahoo.co.in

I hopes you will do possitive at earliest

Vikram pawar
  • edited June 2014
    My my who pregnant had severe back pain after work. I got into a meru cab DL1RY-2079 from Gurgaon near Signature tower to Ayanagar delhi. The driver was unwilling to take the car another 50 mtrs. He started tretening me n my wife saying that he is also from the same village. I had to take help of a neighbour car to take her till home which was just another 50 mtrs. The whole experience was horible and harrasing. Hope it does not happen to any one else.
  • gauravchopra119gauravchopra119 Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    Dear Sir/Madam, This has reference to telephonic complaint (complaint number-9999404643) for which resolution i have not received till date.I have booked meru cabs for me and my wife's travel to New delhi railway station from my house - J-13 , South extension , Part -1 , new delhi -110049 at 6:10 pm on 30/5/2014. As confirmed via sms and email on 29/5/14 at 10:52 pm we waited for cab and sms for driver details till 550 pm on 30/5/2014 . We did not get any information till 550 pm regarding status of my cab niether via sms nor email. Then I called customer care and they informed me that cab will reach in 20 minutes and due to technical problem we are currently not able to assign cab. We waited till 630 pm and after getting fed up by calling customer care again and again we started for railway station.Below are the series of events which happened after meru cabs failed to reach on committed time and without any kind of prior intimation to us for cancellation of the cab. 1) We started for railway station in private cab from nearby taxi stand dragging all our luggage till taxi stand ( around 1 km ) taxi charged Rs 600 to go to railway station after observing that we are in urgent need of the cab. 2) We had to travel on shatabdi express to chandigarh train number 12048 at 19:15 pm as we had very important official meetings in Chandigarh on 31/5/14 at 9 am. 3) We reached station at 19:18 and missed our train due to Meru cabs negligence as it failed to reach on committed time and without any kind of intimation regarding cancellation of the cab . 4) Then we hired a cab from railway station to Kashmere gate bus stand which charged Rs 500 and checked for tickets to Chandigarh but in vain. All buses were full and we had no other option other than cab to travel to Chandigarh. 5) Then we booked a private cab to Chandigarh which charged Rs 5000 and finally reached Chandigarh at 2 am in the night after facing all the harassment through out the day. This not only spoiled our peace of mind but also spoiled the planned meetings of next day. Restlessness because of previous day's horrendous experience forced us to postpone/cancel all the pre-planned meetings. We never expected something like this with Meru Cabs - company that claims to be India's no. 1 radio cab service. Due to negligence, wrong commitment and untimely information provided by Meru cabs, I claim Rs. 10,000 from the so called India's no. 1 cab company pertaining to monetary loss, physical and mental harassment. Send the cheque of Rs 10000 to below address urgently Gaurav chopra BHEL House , Sirifort , 3rd floor , CS&IT Department ,New delhi -110049 Gaurav Chopra 9999404643
  • edited June 2014
    Your agent recorded my booking as a drop to airport whereas i booked the cab for railway station. because of this i had to pay extra (almost double the amount) because of extra kilometers. When i complained to your call center, i was told i will get a call from concerned department. Its been more than 8 days now and i have called more than 5 times and i get to hear the same thing.

This is heights of unprofessional behavior and shamelessness.
  • edited July 2014
    Good evening - I just got home from the most harrowing evening of my life, thanks to meru plus.

The chauffer, old and irritable, got really upset when my friends told him to not to speak to his phone when he's on a major road. So upset, in fact, he insisted on taking me to some local cops who were friends with him, and threatened to had me stripped naked and beaten up. I had to call friends who are Supreme Court lawyers, and journalists at Hindustan Times, before the cops let me go home.

I was on the road for more than an hour, going through all of this, before I can go home.

The cab license number is DL1RY0389, and the chauffeur's name and number are Sunil Bhatia, and 8527874891.

I want you to fire him effective now, otherwise, tomorrow morning, I'm both filing a harassment suit against your company, and making sure every media outlet hears this story.

If you go through my past record, you can see I've been using at least 2 cabs from your company, for more than years, every day; but I guess it is time to move to Uber.

I shall await your response.

Amit
  • edited July 2014
    Hi my name is amardeep and I m from England I was in Banglore from last few days and today I had to go from Banglore to Mumbai .My friend booked cab for me today early morning about 7am from Banglore city to Banglore airport at 10 am. I had to catch flight 12:15 pm to Mumbai go air so I made sure I had sufficient time to reach cuz it take 40 mins to go to airport. So I keep on waiting till 10:15 cuz technically he had to report quarter to 10am and den I ask my frend to please check whts goin on cuz they didn't call or txt to inform about the delay . He called the driver and he kept saying hez struck in traffic and gonna b der in 5 mins and he bin saying that from last half an hr. Then my frend called to the office and booked another cab but dafinately it was too late. I m not from Banglore so I didn't knw anything about the city. At the end I had no choice rather then waiting. If dey wud av inform us on time about this delay I might had do some alternative arrangements . So at last he reached 5 past 11 and dropped me at airport about 12. I dafinately missed my flight missed d appointment I av to b on time also I had to wait 3-4hrs for another flight and I had to pay for another flight . So I really want to knw who is responsible for All dis and what is their responsibility towards dis type of incident . If they can't make it nk time why dey take the jobs . Plz get back ASAP
  • edited July 2014
    Hi my name is amardeep and I m from England I was in Banglore from last few days and today I had to go from Banglore to Mumbai .My friend booked cab for me today early morning about 7am from Banglore city to Banglore airport at 10 am. I had to catch flight 12:15 pm to Mumbai go air so I made sure I had sufficient time to reach cuz it take 40 mins to go to airport. So I keep on waiting till 10:15 cuz technically he had to report quarter to 10am and den I ask my frend to please check whts goin on cuz they didn't call or txt to inform about the delay . He called the driver and he kept saying hez struck in traffic and gonna b der in 5 mins and he bin saying that from last half an hr. Then my frend called to the office and booked another cab but dafinately it was too late. I m not from Banglore so I didn't knw anything about the city. At the end I had no choice rather then waiting. If dey wud av inform us on time about this delay I might had do some alternative arrangements . So at last he reached 5 past 11 and dropped me at airport about 12. I dafinately missed my flight missed d appointment I av to b on time also I had to wait 3-4hrs for another flight and I had to pay for another flight . So I really want to knw who is responsible for All dis and what is their responsibility towards dis type of incident . If they can't make it on time why dey take the jobs . Plz get back ASAP
  • edited July 2014
    We booked a cab for 23rd June 2014 vide booking ref no.27451245. Reporting time is around 3.45 Am. Driver whose mobile no. is 8885910052,reported at my residence but left after five minutes without taking us. Since 3.40 AM we made number of calls but driver did not answer. we made a call to your kondapur office and informed, your executive assured me that his manager will speak to me by 10.00AM on 23rd June 2014. We made number of calls to Meru office, but always they say their manager from concerned department will speak. Regret to say all are trying to pass the time. We have contacted Mr. Rajesh, Mr.Venkatesh, Mr. Singh, Ms. Bhavana and many others all these days.
    Our losses are flight missed. Tickets are wasted. An important function missed. With a heavy price we took an other means to reach. We request you to reimburse our losses immediately. Our losses are around Rs.22000/- ( Rupees twenty two thousands) only

My Contact No.9866172182
  • edited August 2014
    Guys beware of Meru Cab, Please avoid taking Meru, if it gets delay, Meru doesn't take responsibility for the same, recently I missed out a flight because of Meru cab came late, I approached to their customer care, however their response was so bad I can't explain, customer service is worst. Even I had written to Mr. Neeraj Gupta, MD of Meru, however no response from him.
    So My humble request to all, avoid taking Meru, and please spread this message to everyone.
  • edited August 2014
    Have had bad experiences with Meru Cabs before too but none as bad as this. I had booked a Meru cab online the night before for a drop to Mandi House on Aug 29, 9:05 am, Delhi, from my residence. Cab driver called well in advance saying he had reached. Car number DL1RY4871, Driver name: Sujash Kumar. But when I went out of my house, there was no Meru Cab!! I had a meeting to attend and frantically called him, he was rude and said I had to go somewhere else and such nonsense. I was shocked! Faced with no choice, I called back to reprimand this useless Meru Cabs service, the man who picked the call was most uncaring, with an almost sarcastic sorry, and that made me as a naturally aggrieved customer, angry. Then this man had the nerve to give me a lecture, after it is the company HE works in that has caused this problem, just look at the attitude! Finally, Meru sent me a cab after another 15 mins, and on that, they naturally charged their Rs 50 booking charge which I would not have had on my booked one since that was online. I was late and so angry that it spoiled better part of my day.
    When I demanded an explanation from the lady who attended the call, to be connected to Meru Cabs manager, Ms Shivani, I was told she will email me, and such typical rubbish. I HAVE NOT GOT ANY EMAIL OR EXPLANATION FROM THE ARROGANT MERU CABS. Why does a person book a cab? So that they can get dropped to the place they want to go to on time. Any lapse in service is unpardonable. But the attitude of the people who take Meru Cabs' calls is terrible, almost like scorning the justifiable irritation a customer will have when faced with such bad service.
    So when this driver was naturally questioned after I called & complained, he had the NERVE to call me & tell me that another lady came and said Mandi House, so he thought it was me. Such lies and then I checked my e-mail, later and saw that Meru Cabs even had the audacity to e-mail me the receipt of that journey which I NEVER took in that cab DL1RY4871. What a terrible taxi company!
    Meru Cabs is a very bad service. From the experiences others have shared here, it looks like they have hired drivers with no proper verification and the company does not bother to train them. Would advise others to NEVER EVER book with Meru Cabs. With this attitude, the company will not last long.
    LESSON LEARNT- AVOID MERU IN FUTURE
    My case-CHEATING & MISBEHAVIOR BY CAB DRIVER-
    I boarded the cab at 1.40pm and told driver to drop at Terminal 1D which is roughly 12 kms from V-Block, Gurgaon, DLF Phase -III, but since there was no meter in the cab( meter he showed was his mobile phone) which cannot be seen. He charged me 632+65+35 around Rs.732/-, I am sure he was cheating me, but since I did not have time to verify, I lodged a complaint to the Customer care center, but no action has been taken. My booking Id is 1118785, please refund the extra amount charged from me and suspend the cab for cheating the passenger.

I am from CHENNAI and MERU has started business in our city, I will spread the news of cheating trough the net so that public thiink twice before hiring MERU. Please do not encourage cheating and spoil your reputation.

Vehicle No. DL YC3340
    Your Booking Status: ACCEPTED

Your Booking Ref. No.: 29433360

We have accepted your cab request. Cabs are assigned 20 minutes before travel time. We will send your cab details by email and SMS once your cab is assigned.

Your Booking Details:

Pickup Time

03 Sep 2014 at 8:50 AM
    NO message comes with driver details by 8.40. I call Meru cab customer care they say this booking is cancelled but we have accepted the booking of 9.10.But I receive a message stating Driver will come by 9.15. Car no. KA41A5960. When I called driver he states he is in padmanaja nagar and cannot make it. I called Customer care again at 9.20 . They say sorry we cannot go ahead with the booking. This is not the single experince.

26th June 2014 ,ref no 27536936 I had the same issue when I booked cab for 3:15 PM. Even before 3.15 I receive a message" thank you for choosing meru. Your trip is complete and send your feedback" Trip Complete? I didn't receive cab by then. Then I called customer care and they sent another cab details.

17th june 2014, ref no. 27333497I had the same issue when I booked cab for 4:35PM. Even before 3.15 I receive a message" thank you for choosing meru. Your trip is complete and send your feedback" Trip Complete? I didn't receive cab by then. Then I called customer care and they sent another cab details.
    hi.. I m posting this advice to everyone as I recently learnt myself..plz note there are two different cabs from meru... the white and other the green one...the white cabs will ask u for toll charge only while leaving from airport.. while the green one will charge u even when u r coming to airport from any location and obviously toll will be there while leaving from airport as well..so actually you will be paying toll for both coming and leaving from airport.. plz note there is no toll charge and its a few passage when coming to airport but meru wil charge u despite that.

this wil be never communicatd to u by these people when u actually book the cab frm meru.. I felt like I have been cheated when this meru cab driver asked me for toll charge on addition to the fare, aftr dropping me to airport. they simply handovr a printed slip which mention Rs75 for toll charge. when I called customer care to find the reason they had this ready-made answer that they wil take a complaint but I need to pay the amount.

please be aware when you book meru cab for the next time plz do insist or rather get assured that its not a green meru cab until and unless u are in real urgency and need a cab and you agree to pay thier toll charge to airport.

as far as service is concerned I haven't faced any issue at least in bangalore till date. so I won't be commenting any good or bad on services..

tnx. take care.