complaint against meru cab services

i booked a cab from meru cabs for 10.15 pm, 21-10-2010. my pick up station was new delhi railway station. i was trevelling with my female friend. so we booked a cab cz we thought it is safer then autos. they sent datail of the driver named harish kumar cab no. DL1RY2677, PHN NO..9268277094. but driver never reached the station.we waited for some time then we called custmr care ppl no.is 011 44224422. and they thoght i m just a troubling coustmer, so the girl answerd me rudly that the driver has reached he will call u.she didnt even listn when i asked her that driver has not contected me yet so plz send anthr cab.and as expected driver's cell was switched off, he never called. in this process i have to call them atleast 4 times. finally when i ws really tired of waiting i called them again at 10.20 pm and requested again to send another cab. because it was too late and we were scared of going by auto.they sent a cab in next 10 min.The driver named raj kumar, cab no. DL1RY4173, PHN NO 9873975725, called us and told us to come to entry gate of raliway station.when we reached there he ws also not there.then he again told us to come to a place around 100 meter from gate, near some urinal..we both female were really tired and scared tried to convince him to come to the gate of railway station atleast where there are lots of croud and comperitivly safer then near any urinal in dark .but he said we dont pickup anyone from gate u have to come here .so finally after waiting for another 10 min we have to go to near that urinal. the place was really dark many drunkard were roaming around. the driver himself was standing there and smoking. he was very relaxed, expecting us to find him . this was my worst experience ever when evryone seemed to so careless bout the services and when we complaint to the driver he said not to shout at him he is not responsble for any inconvinience..

Comments

• Dhanaji JadhavDhanaji Jadhav Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    I had called to the call centre of Meru cabs to go to Mumbai airport from Kalyan. I received a message mentioning my registration id and it was also mentioned that I will get the cab details prior to 30 min of my pick up time. However, since I did not get any message I called them and they replied that since there is no car available in the vicinity of my pick up point the cab cannot be made available. I had to make alternate arrangements at the last moment due to which I missed my fight and I had incur an additional expenditure of Rs. 21,000/- . I have written a letter to them but they have not replied till date.

Dhanaji Jadhav
    Chennai
    09962016426
  • edited December 2010
    I had booked a meeru cab online on 21st Dec '10 t for 4.00pm to Blore Airport, keeping sufficient time to reach the airport.

I got an sms from meeru at 3.30 pm giving me the cab details along with the drivers contact no, when I spoke to the driver at 3.45pm he was sleeping, when I contact meeru customer service they told me that the cab is on the way & it should reach you anytime, they gave me a different mobile no, when I spoke to the cab driver, he told me that he will be coming anytime. I kept calling him every 5-8 minutes & he finally came at 4.25pm. He had a very cool attitude, his A/C was not working, he had no fuel in his car & for refilling the fuel he took Rs 500 from me only.

I kept telling him that i was getting late, but was driving at his own convenience, my flight to Mumbai was at 6.25pm & i reached the airport at 6.00pm

The half an hour delay has coasted me Rs.6500 as i had to rebook for the next flioht by paying the difference amount.

Cab no : KA-53-6327,

booking ref no : 2287964

Vishal
    9769154379[/QUOTE]
  • edited January 2011
    I am bharath from Hyderabad .I booked a meeru cab from Kukatpally to taj Krishna at banjara hills on 4-1-11 at 9 am and they told it will reach us by 9.15.At 9.30 I called the cab drivers number he told that he can't come that too he told by an SMS.
    And when I called cust care they told another taxi will come from nearest point and to make sure atleast this taxi will turn up I called this fellow,and belive me the way in such arrogance this fellow answered telling that it will take another 30 min if u can wait stay put or else go by am auto is the free advice given by this fellow.and when I called cust care again they are telling they will send another taxi.vexed of all this and time was already 10 I called up easy cabs and as promised that cab came with in 10 min

Such a useless cabs don't trust this cab service.
  • edited June 2011
    Today we had an extremely bad experience with the Meru Cab service.

1. The Cab driver was extremely rude. He used abusive language with my sister.
    2. He scolded her for making him wait for 5 minutes.
    3. He took a much longer route to reach the designated place.
    4. He asked my sister to get down on the main road which was quite far from the place where she had to go.

The Cab number was: DL1RY2994 and the driver name was: Shankar Shah

I don't think we will ever take a meru cab again in future after this incident.

Now, It seems to be very unsafe to board a Meru cab again. The service quality of Meru Cab service seems to have deteoriated over a period of time. I have been travelling to Mumbai, Bangalore extensively and have been taking Meru cabs very often. But now it seems Meru has started hiring Goons and Bad character drivers for there cab service.

This was absolutely unnacceptable behaviour and experience.

Kaushik Das
  • edited April 2012
    I am ditched today again.
    I had booked a cab at around 1.15pm today from Koparkhairane to Mumbai Central Station to drop my parents,
    The pickup time was 4.30pm from Koparkhairane, Booking was done through Internet and the confirmation number was also generated immediately.
    I was rest assured and waited for the cab till 4.15, when i did not get any call from the CAB driver till 4.15, i called the customer care.
    I was shocked to listen that there was no CAB available at that point of time and you were unable to serve me.
    MERU did not bother to inform about the unavailability of the CABs to me at all otherwise i could have made some other arrangements to avoid last minute rush.
    This is the second time i am ditched by you people and surely the last time.
    I am going to warn every body known to me in the city about the incidence and the pathetic service of MERU so that they shall not suffer in future.
    I shall put it on my Twiter, Facebook and all public messenger portals to beware of your lethargic & unprofessional services.
    good bye Meru.
  • edited January 2013
    I just booked a cab in meru cab..lets see what will happen
  • edited January 2013
    I had to travel from Bahadurpalli to Hyderabad airport last Saturday, and booked a Meru. First thing the drivers asks is do you want me to take X road or Y (a sure sign that he is checking if you are local or not and whether he can scam you). We told him to take the shortest route. He took us along a 62 km route, and then pretended that the card swiping system did not work and he wanted cash. I got him to call his customer service, and asked them what the distance was for that route. I was told it was 45-50 km. When I started to complain, I was told this was "approximate." No approximation is 20-30% off. So I asked for the supervisor. Mr. Sandip Kumar (employee 396) came online and outright lied. He told me the approximate distance was 60km. After fighting with him for a while he came down to 55km. When I got home I did check the actual distance. It is 50km. Not only was the driver scamming us, the customer service centre manager was in on the scam, and lied to cover up for it. How do I raise an official complaint? The scamming driver's subscriber ID is 42343, and the dishonest customer service manager is Mr. Sandip Kumar (employee 396).
  • edited February 2013
    I often travel for professional purposes & used to take morning flights.

I normally used radio taxis because of promptness & safety. But past few incidents forced me to change the mode and now I switched over to neighbourhood taxi service provider.

This may sound weired to those who till now have not experienced the delay in cab reporting.

First incident happened with Meru Cab, when the cab was changed at last minute and finally not reached to the pick-up point even after 15 mins past the scheduled time.

Thereafter I switched to Meru Plus but the same fate encountered.

There was the time when in Delhi region we used to dead sure but the Meru Cab reporting but past one year, I personally witnessed the detoriation in their services.

~ Shubham
  • edited February 2013
    To Start with Meru Cab is the worst taxi service provider i have ever experienced. I had an International flight to catch from T3 - delhi and my pick time was 3.30 am in the morning. The cab came on time and driver informed me of his arrival. I got 7-8 mins late becuase i had heavy luggage to carry so i had to take it out from the house one by one, driver called me & said i am leaving because we are not allowed to wait and trust me he had only waited for maximum 10 minutes not more than that , i told him that you can charge additional for the waiting but the cab driver was so adamant that he did not wait and told me that you can take some other cab and he left. i called him also to come back but he replied you speak to our customer care executive but nothing happened.

At 3.30 am in the morning, in the month of december (during peak winters in delhi) i was left with my luggage and i started looking for another cab. It is so surprising that they are the bloody service providers and leaving customer at odd hours is a riduculous service they offer. How could the driver went as he was aware of the fact that i will not get any other cab to reach airport.

As compared, Easy cabs is flexible, they wait & charge for the waiting after 15 mins which makes sense also.

Ideally Meru cabs should be banned. They dont deserve to be a Cab service provider. Please everyone stop hiring meru cabs, they are not trust worthy, they can leave you or not come to pick you in case of any emergency. Thanks

Rahul
  • amitvkamitvk Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    Please do not ever book a cab with Meru. The service they offer is very bad and pathetic. I had booked a cab to Bangalore Railway Station from my residence at around 7 30 pm to catch a train at 9 pm with my parents and aged grand mother. But the cab did not turn up even at 7 45 pm after which i called up the driver and he told me that he was going to Airport for a different pick up and he was not informed by customer care guys about my pick up. I called up the customer care and inquired about the same and I was told that they will arrange for another cab which will take another 15 to 20 minutes of time to reach my home. The customer care guy did not oblige to my request and I had to reschedule my travel because it had already got very late because of all this confusion caused by Meru guys which costed me a loss of 1500 rs on ticket and caused health issues to my grand mother who is aged around 85 due to all this rush. So I want the company to fill my loses that it caused.

The details that I received from the Customer Care is below

Meru Cab:KA-53-A-7459
    Chauffer: RAJESH
    Cell no: 9741015286

Please do not trust Meru Cab Service ever and do not book a cab from these guys. They do not live up to their promises.
    THIS is complain against taxi no DL 1 RY2177, we took from airport on 7/5/13, at 3a.m for white clove hotel near imperial cinema, driver told me he know the place but took me to imperial hotel n told me he does not hear cinema and he does not know imperial cinema , and asked me the way to hotel which he know we r unfamilier to city he took us for ride to 6or7 km more,and finally drop us after harassment ,
    rds
    ajay
    I had booked a Meru plus cab on 9th May-2013 taxi no was- DL1YD0502, driver name was Anil Babu, i paid @Rs.23/ km and waiting charges also. i paid around Rs.3500+ to that driver but at the time of bill generation that machine got failed then driver told me that he will either give me manual bill or company will send me soft copy of the invoice. i have complained to there costomer care also but haven't got any reply from them. Their services are very poor.
    we had booked the meru cabs to go to the Indira Gandhi international airport... our flight was scheduled to hve its latest check in by 9:45...
    the driver RAJ KUMAR, cab no. 3439 arrived 15 min late at our residence... and moreover the car broke down when he parked it ... and it didn't start...
    we had to make urgent arrangements and we reached the airport at 10:00 due to which we missed our flight to Chennai...
    the inconvenience had costed us a loss of Rs. 30,000...definitely the driver had no presence of mind.....
    the meru services are a no for the next tym ..
    MERU u lost a frequent traveler by ur unprofessional services...
  • edited June 2013
    Driver Rahul Mishra, Cab No:MH 01 JA 9533
    On 15th night, I was hurry to go to the C.S International Airport Mumbai, to pick up my wife who was arriving from USA.
    The driver took me from Chedanagar to the Airport, and promised me that he will take only Rs.350/-, after reaching reaching, he demanded Rs.400/-,finally I paid him Rs.370/-& he was not happy at all. He also had disconnected the screen from the cab. Yet he was telling me that meeter reading is Rs.400/-

Is this the way meru taxies in Mumbai function? I had complained to the meru Taxi service centre, they promised me saying, after taking action, I will be intimated on my cell phone.
    Why I must not publish this matter in the leading news papers & intimate the same to the transport commissioner of the Maharashtra State for the appropriate action?

R.Pradhan
    nca0098@yahoo.co.in
    MERU JAIPUR has recently started in Jaipur, i have availed there services 3-4 times and have also asked for the same 5 Th time on Saturday this week and have asked for the bill, to submit in my office but to my surprise meru is not able to give me my bill since today after repetitive mails and calls at there center.

I don't think that its such a big task to provide with a bill to customer in 3-4 days, they don't treat customer on priority and don't respond on complaints

I will advice Jaipurites to be aware of such cab service in the town which can not even provide bill to its customers, rest services are also very bad.
  • edited August 2013
    I have been regular customer of Shree cabs.The cab driver never come on time.If the pick up is at 9:30 am,the company ensures to give a delayed service of half an hour.What a poor management,

They have such pathethic indica cab to service their customers.I have met with an accident because of the poor condition of the indica cab sent by Shree Cabs.It was raining badly and the wiper did not work and all the more the front glasses of thecar were hazy which resulted in bumping into a manhole.I had to be hospitalised because of this insane attitude of the owners.

Please take some action against them so that no other customer faces such situation.
  • edited October 2013
    Mr.James Newberry from the United States Landed at Delhi International Airport at 1.30am on Oct 20, 2013. I had advised him to approach the Meru Cab Counter to book a prepaid taxi for his transfer to the Grand Hotel, approx. 12 km from the Airport. I have called the MeruCab helpline number on the evening before and learnt that it should cost him around Rs.300 only (Rupees Three Hunderd only).
    I was shocked to learn that Mr.Newberry was charged Rs.2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand ) and was denied receit or a transaction slip.

A great shame for the Country that an organized cab company is all set to cheat foreign tourists right from the Airport at the Capital city.

Please respond to nirupam73@gmail.com
  • edited October 2013
    I had booked a cab on 23rd oct’2013 from Trimulgherry (hyd) to Kacheguda (hyd) railway station at 5:15 pm.

Booking ref: 22295338
    Cab assigned: AP28VA1434
    Chauffer: Maheshwar P

I got the cab details at 16:41. I tried reaching the driver on his cell phone. The driver answered and told me he will not be coming for the pick up. I called the call centre and the representative told me that the driver is not answering his call and he can arrange another cab only by 18:00. I told my train is at 19:00. He told me to look out for an alternative means of transportation.

I got an auto and reached the station to find out that I have missed my train.

THIS IS SOLELY BECAUSE OF MERU CABS NOT ABLE TO SEND ME A CAB AT 17:15 as per the booking reference 22295338.

My ticket was for Rs. 1540/-.

The tagline is "Rely on us". Seriously??? Meru is the most inefficient cab service and their representatives are the most incompetent bunch of people i have ever seen.
  • edited October 2013
    I booked a cab yesterday night from pregati maidan about an hour ago from MERU then wn i reach almost there i get a call that car is not working and driver asks me to call up Meru again aroun 12:30 a.m to ask for a new cab and iasked him to call meru himself and ask them to arrange for another cab urgently but still i called up Meru and they didn't pick up. I was literally waiting for almost an hour at the metro statioin making calls. I reached next metro station and asked that driver whether they are getting s new cab or not and if they are then send it TO IP the next station to pragati maidan. Then i get a call from this new driver that he is coming to the previous metro station and i asked him to come to the sation whre i was standing but he bluntly refused it saying you have to cancel ur previous booking and then ask meru for new booking and MERU helpline was not even picking up their phone and while i tell driver this issue he was not even listetning and said he can't come over there.I was literally scared at that time what shall i do. I had to take 2 autos at around 1:30 and somehow i amanged to reach my place. They literally harassed me. I've been travelling MERU for past 3 years but this experience has really made me go against MERU. From now on I am never going to book Meru . Will prefer easy cabs or Wyn cabs which respects their customers and their safety.
  • edited October 2013
    Rely on us”, boasts Meru tagline. But can we?......
    I had a horrible experience on October 11, 2013 in the morning. I had booked a Meru cab a day in advance for going from my residence at Kharghar to Panvel Rly Station on October 11, 2013 at 4.15 a.m. to board an outstation train leaving at 5.00 a.m. with my wife. I got an sms confirming my booking, ref.#22008014. On 11th morning I got another sms saying that cab no. MH01JA9167, Chauffer SUSHIL SREENATH, TIW, cell #9930389671 will reach me. But the cab did not come as informed nor did the driver pick up several calls I made continuously for 15 minutes. Even after calling MERU Customer care and explaining my ordeal, they too could not help me and I was desperate, as getting another vehicle at a short notice in the early morning hours was really difficult. After running helter-shelter I managed to get a rickshaw (at a premium rate, of course) and we just reached the station in time to catch the train.

After returning from our trip, I lodged a complaint on the MERU website about the incident, and got a reply after 8 days saying that “… after investigation, the relevant action has been taken basis internal Company policies..” and “assuring that we will strive to live up to your expectations if you give us an opportunity to serve you again”.

After having gone through such an ordeal, and having seen many such complaints posted by others who suffered at the hands of Meru, can we really ”RELY ON MERU”?.

K.P. Balakrishnan
    kpbal@rediffmail.com
  • edited November 2013
    “Rely on us”, boasts Meru tagline. But can we?......
    I had a horrible experience on October 11, 2013 in the morning. I had booked a Meru cab a day in advance for going from my residence at Kharghar to Panvel Rly Station on October 11, 2013 at 4.15 a.m. to board an outstation train leaving at 5.00 a.m. with my wife. I got an sms confirming my booking, ref.#22008014, and saying that cab details will be provided 20 minutes prior to departure. On 11th morning I got another sms saying that cab no. MH01JA9167, Chauffer SUSHIL SREENATH, TIW, cell #9930389671 will reach me. But the cab did not come as informed nor did the driver pick up several calls I made continuously for 15 minutes. Even after calling MERU service and explaining my ordeal, they too could not help me and I was desperate, as getting another vehicle at a short notice in the early morning hours was really difficult. After running helter-shelter I managed to get a rickshaw (at a premium rate, of course) and we just reached the station in time to catch the train.

K.P.Balakrishnan
    kpbal@rediffmail.com
  • edited November 2013
    I had called to the call centre of Meru cabs to go from JanakPuri to Shalimar Bagh Delhi. I received a message mentioning my reference no. 22608680 and pick up time 16:10 on 6th November 2013 and it was also mentioned that I will get the cab details prior to 20 min of my pick up time. However, since I did not get any message I called them at 16:00 P.M. and they replied that since there is no cab available in the vicinity of my pick up point the cab cannot be made available and they forgot to inform also. I had to make alternate arrangements at the last moment due to which I suffered a lot. I want to inform and to tell the people in Delhi not to rely on services of Meru Cabs Delhi.
    Prem Vazirani
    M:9811931318
  • edited November 2013
    My husband had bookd meru cab frm Navi Mumbai to International Airport, we received msg of driver details named Ashish his reporting time was 5.15 am he had 1nce called to ask how to reach the destination but aftr tht we did not receive n e call wheathr driver had reached or not, my husband did nt find him so called him at 5.25 am several times but his call was cotinuously busy, tht stupid driver had left saying..... u did not turned up at the said time & according to the policy, driver cancels the service aftr waiting for 20 mins but in our case the driver left before 20 mins with no courtesy call for cancelling the service as in they are not bothered nor do they have n e seriousness about the passenger' time. We had to arrange another local cab as had to reach international airport which is quite far away frm Navi Mumbai. We also called back to the booking staff for escalation but v got stupid answers saying same of policy .... i dont understand do they really follow there policy ???and if they do so then y the driver left before 20 mins and had they ever mentioned about such kind of policy at the time of booking ??? We have never been informed till now only at the time of escalation they remember.....

Guys dont trust them we had Worst experience of Meru Cabs v will never use this service as they r not trust worthy......
  • edited November 2013
    I booked a cab with Meru Cab with reference No. 22970684 from Nizamuddin railway station to Indirapuram, Ghaziabad at 12.45 PM on Nov.23, 2013. Booking was accepted confirming that cab details will be shared prior to 20 minutes of the scheduled booking time.

Cab no. DL1RY2989 with chauffeur Mr. Sunil was assigned at 12.12 PM today. When I called the chauffeur he told that he has been stucked somewhere in traffic and needs minimum another one hour to reach at destination and requested to talk at customer care for booking amendment.
    I contacted Meru Cab's call center and another cab no. DL1RY2949 was assigned. Again when I contacted the after contacting the chauffeur refused to arrive that he is as a different destination.
    I again contacted your call center and another cab no. DL1RY4296 was assigned. With so much of frustration when I called driver he also denied to reach at my location.

I called your customer care at 12.35 and after so much of discussion I was abandoned stating that cab cannot be arranged now.

It was so disappointed that I was denied for a cab at the very last moment and that also after so much of discussions. When I requested customer care to transfer my call to feedback section they simply disconnected my call. Eventually I along with my family had a take an local taxi and paid double of the actual fare and transfer to home.

This was my worst experience with any cab company in my entire tenure and it was a complete failure of service.

I will never be going to recommend your cab to any of my known or infact unknown person.
    dear sir/madam
    i honor and respect the services of meru. i have been recommending it to others with a very positive word. i have been a frequent user of Meru. but am awfully sorry to inform my disappointment with you guys.

In the last week booking three times this occurred: i made a booking. it was confirmed and the reference number given. but meru cab does not arrive! not only that the customer is left wondering as no information about this is given. it has caused me delays and immense discomfort. like a couple days ago when the cab did not come i called Meru. i was asked for reference number. when i gave that i was told sorry no cabs are available not even Meru plus! so why did you confirm the booking and send me a reference number two hours ago? i asked. your representative had no answer. no apologies given. if i had been informed of the difficulties i could make alternate arrangements. is that not the least one can expect? thanks to Meru i missed the appointment.

i regret to inform you that this is not only causing inconvenience but a lack of trust in the high name of Meru.

please look into this matter. i hope the issue can be resolved and i continue to use your services. i would appreciate a reply.

Anu A
  • edited December 2013
    I was a tourist in Mumbai who had booked a meru at 12pm on 7th December for a 6:45 pm pick up for the international airport. At approximately 6:15 the cab driver called and said that he's stuck in a jam and will.not be available. Also he asked me to call the office and get a new cab arranged. Because of the time constraint I immediately called the meru centre and the agent confirmed that instead of a meru plus which has been cancelled a new booking has been done and a substitute cab will be sent. Approximately 15 minutes after the booking someone called from the meru office and gave me the number of the cab driver who would be coming. I called that number, (which we did not realize was the number of the same guy who had canceled his availability first) and the driver snapped back and said its not his responsibility and I can do whatever I can and take a rickshaw or whichever mode. On calling the meru office to confirm what had happened and why are such rude and mannerless drivers calling us and what do we do about the cab, the only answer we got was sorry a new cab will be available in 30 minutes.
    - Cabs which need drop to the airport are priority cabs. We can't wait at your and your drivers luxury to come ans drop us. Inspite of booking 6 jours in advance if the cab wasn't available it could have been informed. Alternate arrangements could have been made on time.
    - how are the drivers trained?? How can he speak to a female passenger the way he did when the mistake was all merus. - as a tourist if I was comfortable in an auto or other modes I wouldn't have chosen to pay 23 rs/km. And when your tariffs are high you talk about safety and comfort have staff to support it.

As a tourist it was a horrible experiencE. Have written to meru atleast thrice but no revert.
  • edited December 2013
    They have done this in the past and continue to do so. I called for a cab 8.15 pm and when I call the driver at 8:00 pm, he is in Thane escorting another passenger. It seemed he was lying and when complained to Meru they said they can't do anything about it nor they can provide me another cab
    This is not the first time, this has been happening repeatedly. And when complains are lodged against the driver they don't care to call back.

I think its high time, people should boycott such bad service
  • edited January 2014
    I booked a cab to Jaipur railway station on 2nd Dec 2013 for 5am in the morning. When I didnt get the cab details (which as per their policy is sent 20mins prior to pickup time) I called them and they said that there is no cab available. I was lucky to have an alternative drop facility that day.
    On 6th Jan 2014, I had similar booking for railway station at 5am. This time while booking the cab I clearly mentioned my previous experience and requested that if you dont have a cab available please let me know in advance so that I can have another arrangement. I was assured about the cab availability. (Ref no: 23904326) This time also the EXACT SAME thing happened. I asked the customer care person to connect my call to some senior executive which they didnt do. I had to bear financial as well as professional loss this time as I had to miss my train and couldnt make to my workplace.

Reeti Pandey
  • edited January 2014
    I booked a cab on 21/01/2014 for going to Taj Palace Hotel from my residence on 22nd at 7.30 AM and the Ref No. for it is 24228287. The booking was confirmed but the cab never showed up. They did not even show the courtesy of informing me that the cab would not be arriving. Very bad service and very irresponsible people. I have decided that I would never order a cab from them again ever.