HDFC Credit Card Complaint

Hello Sir

My Name is Naveen Chandran. Had an HDFC credit card – I do not remember the card number. My phone number is 9819781409 My address is A-703, Vastu Vinayak, Lodha Heritage. Nandivli road, Dombivli East, Thana Dist, Maharashtra Pin 421201

I have been using this gold card since six years and have always paid my payments correctly. Last October 2009 I was not able to continue with my card and decided to go for a settlement. I got a call from HDFC customer service department or probably the recovery team and the girl told me that I had a total outstanding of Rs.37000/-. I requested them to close it around Rs.20000/- as I am in financial crisis. She said the bank will have to process a settlement and for which I will have to pay a Processing fee of Rs.2500/- which will be deducted from my final settlement amount. The next day a guy named Mohan came to my house and took the money. Around next month, the settlement never happened and once again the girl said I will have to pay another Rs.2400/- which will be adjusted in my settlement amount. I agreed and once again the same guy came who gave me a proper receipt. In the month of January he came said I will have to pay atleast Rs.4500/- as a minimum amount due. I paid that as well. Finally in the month of Feb the same guy Mr. Mohan comes and says I have to pay Rs. 800/- with an application about the entire situation. I does the same, which means in total I have paid around Rs.11000/- Without knowing any information.

In the month of March another guy named Sameer drops into my house says The settlement has been done and the amount is Rs.34000/- and I have to pay it. I was so confused and when I tried to clear out the situation your guys over the phone is just using abusive language and not trying to clear my problem. Still every month I have been giving them the minimum amount of Rs. 2500/-

In the month of July – My business suffered a heavy loss and now I am unable to pay the money. I stay in goregaon the address is with the bank – however, they keep on disturbing my parents at their house in Dombivli. My father is a retaired guy with heart problems and coz my mother do not want him to know all this things pays this amount with little bit what she earns in tuitions. I do not want my parents to be tortured like this. I even spoke to the recovery guy and told them I am here whole day – I do not have the money either clear out my situation and decrease your EMI. But the guy over the phone just uses abusive language and blackmails me by saying he will torture my parents. At times I feel I should complaint this to the police or knock the doors of the law. But currently I am very down and want to inform this to the bank before doing any thing.

I have not explained my situation right now and I am not expecting any sympathy from the bank. But I just feel for a very small amount of Rs. 15000/- which according to me is not correctly done by the bank --- is it right that the bank tortures my parents – even when I ask them to contact me not my parents. I request the bank to please help me with the calculations and if possible write off the mere amount of Rs. 15000/- as currently I am in a bad position.
Naveen Chandran

Comments

• HDFC BankHDFC Bank Senior Member
    edited October 2010

Dear Mr Chandran,

Please accept our apologies for the distress caused to your family – however, we would need a few additional details from you to be able to resolve the matter of your dues. We request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00118720102010, so a bank representative may ascertain the dues you owe and work with you on a repayment plan.

edited October 2010

Dear customer,

Just a reminder that we have still not heard from you. We request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00118720102010, so a bank representative may ascertain the dues you owe and work with you on a repayment plan.

• edited November 2010
    I silky ,wants to launch a complaint against these numbers as they use abusive language over the phone .hdfc people does not know how to talk to a girl. As i want my credit card amount to be settled i was paying them i paid rs 3000 for 4 months and then a guy named as sumit came to my house and said that if i paid rs 2000 more my account will be settled then i paid the same then after 2 months Mr. rajan gulati said to pay rs 2000 more which was my balanced amount and the amount which i paid earlier will be settled then again i paid and then he came and said u have to pay 15000rs more then i asked for statement then he start making the abusive call to my number from some other numbers also .Mr. Rajan' s number is 9356057676 he even start using abusive language. I think hdfc is best but i was wrong hdfc people does not know how to talk to a girl really un trustful bank. Person calling from 9779018767 even never told me his name i asked many a times. WHEN ON REQUEST I WHEN ASKED RAJAN WHO HAS HIS Office in 3b2 in mohali that whose no. is this he again abusive me .Is this way to treat a girl. I really hate Hdfc Bank .How much a person has to pay to a bank against his card.its a crime for person to take hdfc card .A person has to pay more than his usage .I want a rIGHT PERSON TO GUIDE ME where i can complaint against these person.
    edited November 2010
    silky wrote: »

We apologize if any bank representative caused distress to you or your family – we would like to assure you that all our agents are trained to be polite with customers, and the bank does not encourage or tolerate rude behavior.

As for your credit card repayment, we would like to investigate it further. We request you to write to with your credit card number, account details and contact details. Also mention the reference number TTU00129315112010 in the subject line of your mail. As soon as we receive this information, a bank representative shall investigate your issue and shortly get in touch with you.

edited November 2010
    silky wrote: »

Dear customer,

Just a reminder that we have still not heard from you. Request you to write to with your credit card number, account details and contact details. Also mention the reference number TTU00129315112010 in the subject line of your mail. As soon as we receive this information, a bank representative shall investigate your issue and shortly get in touch with you.

• edited September 2012

I have a credit card account with HDFC Bank. I am not into regular job from last 6 months as I am doing my higher studies.
    I have requested the bank for one time settelment for my outstanding amount but even after repeated requests nothing is happening every month they call me to pay some amount but when I talk about settelment they have no answer.

I request you to please do the need full.

• edited September 2012
    Dear Team

am Prashant Adhikari holding the Credit Card No 4346781008474058 with Limit of Rs 20000/-

I accept this is my fault not to pay in time but Holding of Total Fund in one time is very difficult me…

So request you to please adjust this time a sum of Rs 10531/ (Which is immediate pay balance of Statement of 03082012)

And rest I will pay in 02 Instalment starting from next month

And request you to change my e mail id as per send mail and also update the Contact Detail given below...

Hope in cooperation from your side...

Best Regards,

Prashant Adhikari | Makino India Private Limited |Executive-Financel

DID : +91-124-4652200 (Extn 110)| HP : +91-9958693503 | Fax: +91-124-4652230

prashanta@makino.co.in #192-B, Sector-4,IMT, Manesar, Gurgaon-122 050 , Haryana, India
  • edited November 2012

I am Sanjiv Chawathe, a Credit Card holder of HDFC Bank and holding a VISA Signature Card No. 4617 8720 0145 6630 with a credit limit of Rs. 2,25,000/-.

Recently, I have received a Statement of Credit Card dated 16.11.2012 for Rs. 40,015.94. While going through the Reward Points Summary, I was surprised to know that only 4 Reward Points were added in my new statement whereas I had spent Rs. 40,618.28 during the period.

As per the Credit Card brochure of HDFC Bank, a Visa Signature holder is eligible for 2 Reward Points per Rs. 150/-. As per rules, I am eligible to earn 542 Reward Points.

Can anyone from HDFC Bank Credit Card Division explain me on what basis the Reward Points were calculated on my Credit Card spending. I am confused.

Awaiting your reply soon,

Sanjiv Chawathe
    Mob. 98200 52250
    Email - sanjiv.chawathe@axisbank.com
    I have applied for credit card. for residence verification i have already informed that am working so cant be available at flexible timings.. they accepted to it and asked to write the name on paper and stick on board and now after 25 days sending mail that residence verification is not possible.. its minimum responsibility to call back to the applicant and ask for further details ... after 25 days you just cant send mail that unable to do verification..

HDFC credit card service is so dumb..Please let me asap if you people cant proceed further.. so that i will cancel the request and apply in some other bank...
    Hi team,

I had applied for the credit card since last 2 months.

A executive had come for collecting the relevant documents for the first time in my office.

But after waiting for a month i did not get my card.

Again second time another executive collected documents and photo but the result was the same.

I contacted the customer care but they did not provide me the reason for not getting the card.

This was really a very poor experience with HDFC Bank i have had.

Would definitely think twice before dealing in any kind of banking with HDFC bank

Makarand Kshirsagar
    kshirsagar.makarand12@gmail.com
    hi
    i am dr. Aman Bhatia, resident of panchkula, near abt one and half month back i requested for credit card through online service, after that one person called rakesh visited my home to collect the documents n all.he gave me a slip with application no which i filled, after that when i called your service near abt one month for same they said they dont have any records regarding this and i have to go and meet the near by HDFC bank branch..which i am nt able to do because of my schedule.. please look in to the matter .
    and at the same time i am worried about my documents which i gave to your executive who visited my home after applying online through your website ....please do the needful as soon as possible

Dr. Aman bhatia
    Panchkula
  • edited January 2013
    Hello Sir im anamika nema i had to apply cradit card but still i dont get my mobile no is -9584462574
  • edited January 2013
    My self Mohammad Amir From Shahjahanpur uttar pradesh . i have not recvd my credit statement on my mail id and billing address
    i have call so many time to customer care also but not any solution till now . i will request u to send my statment on my mail id and billing address

Mohd Amir
    Railway colony Kothi No. L13/A Rosa Junction
    Shahjahanpur 242306
    uttar pradesh
    amir_17404@yahooco.in
    09919881881,09450417404
  • edited January 2013

This is Raktima Majumdar and I am an user of HDFC Credit card.I have been using this card for the last few months.I missed my payment for the last month and had accumulated bills for 2 months.When the collection customer care executive called, I told her I would make the payment in the next 3 days as I was under a financial crunch.Despite that, she kept on calling me everyday and used rude language such as" If you cant afford a card then why do you take one".Then I made the payment by making a cash deposit of the minimum amount due.Despite making the payment, I kept on getting repetitive calls from her saying that the payment wasnt done.I explained to her that the cash deposit had been done and even gave the branch location and even mentioned to her that it might reflect soon in her systems.She kept on harassing me and kept on saying that until she got an intimation internally, she would keep on calling me every 20 minutes.
    I really want to ask the bank that what kind of organisation promotes such a culture and behavior with customers.Frankly speaking, I do not wish to use your services any more and would ensure that I clear my dues within next3-6 months and return your card.Honestly speaking, the bank should employ some educated people rather than telecallers who are so rude and disgusting.The service rendered is pathetic.

Raktima
  • edited January 2013
    I am Sheshadri Prathap form Bangalore.

Issue in Short

My card was hacked forcing me to completely cancel the card. I broke the card on 13th July '10 i hope, and register posted it on same day. And i got confirmation from HDFC bank that my card has been cancelled on 21st.

Unluckily on 20th the card was used for 530 Rs. For which i rasied a enquiry to your customer care over phone,after seeing the final confirmation asking me to pay 530 Rs of last installment, (which is now Rs.6000.00)

For which i had not got confirmation till Aug'11.

As its a disputed amount under investigation i holded the payment as per credit card norms, and my below mails explain the story in clear.

During this duration i got series of Phone calls where i explained on the same and even some notices.

Even i wrote mails to those whom HDFC notice refered to me.

Still I did't get the reply.

Now crossing all borders I get call from Legal officer (Phone No : +911149218405) threatning to take legal action against me and my family.

The person has called my family threatening us to get arrested when my father tried to explain the story.

Now complete family is worried becasue of my decision to have relation with HDFC.

What kind of Customer support or Custome torture team HDFC has?

Request you to pitchin and investigate the matter and take appropriate steps and solve the issue permanently.

Sheshadri Prathap G

Bangalore.

*******************************************************************
    Forwarded by Sheshadri Prathap/TKM_IND on 01/26/2013 09:25 PM

To: "Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com" <Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com>
    Cc: kunda <sheshadri_prathap@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>, "advocatesathyaraj@yahoo.com" <advocatesathyaraj@yahoo.com>
    Date: 09/17/2012 09:09 PM
    Subject: Fw: HDFC Bank Credit Card Overdue Status

Dear Sharma,

I am getting payment reminders and even a legal notice to home. Even i have been asked to attend in person
    a conciliation camp on 22nd sept'12.
    Could you pls clarify me on the below points immediately.

Dear Mr.Sathyaraj
    Untill a line of confirmation is received from the HDFC bank , request you to not to arrange / Invite me for any of the reconcilation camps.
    Pls ask your client to clarify on my points then you can proceed with your action.
    So as of now am requesting you to hold the camp activity for me.

Sheshadri Prathap
    Forwarded Message
    From: she shadri <she_shadri@yahoo.com>
    To: "Payment.Reminder@hdfcbank.com" <Payment.Reminder@hdfcbank.com>; "Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com" <Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:11 PM
    Subject: Re: HDFC Bank Credit Card Overdue Status

Dear Sharma
    Inline with the below mail, i have written a detailed mail to "codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com <codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com>;" to Mr. Narayan.
    just re-forwarding the same. Pls confirm as per my request and I will ensure to pay the amount.

Forwarded Message
    From: she shadri <she_shadri@yahoo.com>
    To: "codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com" <codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com>
    Cc: "codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com" <codecomplianceofficer-cards@hdfcbank.com>; kunda <sheshadri_prathap@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>
    Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 9:03 PM
    Subject: Legal letter dated : 01/07/2012

Dear Mr. Narayan,

This is regarding the letter which i have received from HDFC bank credit card section.
    dated : 1/7/2012
    Card No : 4617 XXXX XXXX 2674
    Payment Due : 5294.18
    Addressed to : Sheshadri Prathap G, No : 435 , Mahaveer Carnet Apartments , Kengegri Satellite Town.
    bangalore ||560060||
    Ref : DMS-P67-01-07-2012-158

i understand from the letter due to non payment of the bill amount my card has been suspended.
    > Pls note I had requested HDFC bank to cancel my card facility as the card had been hacked by the anonymous entity.
    > All due payment had been cleared before I mailed the broken card to HDFC , Coimbatore branch.

As I kept on receiving the Statements and repeated calls from HDFC , I explained to all of your person to check for the proper data as I had already cleard the payment, but none had ever clarified back on the reason for the repeated statements.
    Finally in March some person clarified clearly that the anonymous transaction is done on the very next day of my last payment (Aug'11 i hope) so the actual due was Rs. 530.47/-.
    > The confirmation came after 6 months , Why? Is it your incapebality to track the issue and inform customer of actual condition?

Immediately I had made the payment of Rs.530.47/-. and clearly told the HDFC official over phone that the rest amount is contributed due to HDFC's incapability to inform/communicate/share the actual scenario which has added as INTEREST portion. which is now Rs.5294.18/-.
    > Pls clarify why Customer needs to be debited for HDFC's mistake, that too on a card which has been submitted back to HDFC. ?
    > I request you strongly to cancel the amt. and close all transactions of mine with HDFC.
    > If as per HDFC's policies if I have to pay for HDFC's mistake pls give a letter in writing on behalf of your bank , immediately after receiving the same I duly clear the pending payment.
    > A confirmation letter would help me to check with the concerned authorities in Consumer forum as HDFC has already shared my details to "Other banks / Credit info. companies /statutory bodies". which I will not tolerate as a respected citizen.

Hope i have made my points clear,

I will await your reply befitting clearing the payment of the mentioned card.

with regards

Cc: Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com
    Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:42 PM
    Subject: HDFC Bank Credit Card Overdue Status

Re: Your HDFC Bank Credit Card # - XXXX-2674

It is observed that we are not in receipt of any payment towards your card account since 30/03/2012.Owing to non-receipt of regular payment to cover even the minimum amount due ,the credit card account has been invalidated from further usage.

As we are unable to contact you at the numbers updated in our records, we are constrained to refer your account to our legal cell for further action for recovery of the credit card dues.

Please also note that the existence of your card account and details of any default/settlement that may occur or have occurred will be shared with a Credit Reference Agency ( Credit Information Bureau India Ltd. [CIBIL] ) and the same will be shared with other lenders and / or credit card issuing entities.

Please effect immediate payment of Rs.5,423.89 that is presently outstanding on your card account.

Please do get in touch with our Debt management Executive at the following number / e-mail ID for any further clarification.

Officer Name: Neetu Sharma K
    E-Mail ID: Neetuk.sharma@hdfcbank.com
    Ph: 9343541282

Sincerely,

Officer
    HDFC Bank - Debt Management
    THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL
    Dear Sir;
    My name is Mr.Sherkhan.M.T.Khan and I am holding HDFC credit card for the past 5 years.My card number is 4346781002271206 which expired last year in March that is 2012 March.The total outstanding is about 47000 Rs.I have been paying small amounts of 2500-3000 Rs for nearly 6 months.But now I have financial problems and cannot pay like this as the amount is remaining as it is.When I contacted the bank officials they did not give me a right solution.When asked about settlement they said that they will contact me but nothing happened.Will you please look into the matter and contact me.My no is 9545970392.I would be highly thankful and grateful to you.
  • edited February 2013
    6346 rs.debit dt, 05 dec.12.the same amont debit twice in same dt.& time. So please credit.
  • edited February 2013
    Dear sir/madam, I am a credit card holder for HDFC Bank and the credit card no. is 5289451400005654 and due financial crisis I was not able to pay the bill from past 2 months. My Dad was hospitalized and now sister pregnant and she is expecting a child by next month.My financial condition is not that good currently and I need time to pay my bill. I had called phone banking several times to convert the outstanding amount into an EMI but they are saying that there is no offer available to make the payment into an EMI. And now I am receiving calls harrasing from dept team and collections agent and the the way they speak is toataly not acceptable, they are very rude threatening evrytime. They also called on my Parents cell no.and tried to threaten them and also without my approval they sent somebody at my house and threaten my mother. If this things happen again they I need to take legal action against the HDFC bank authorities for harassing and threatening my parents. I would request the bank to please help me by converting the outstanding into an EMI and I dont them want to call on my parents cell no. and without my approval I do not want anybody to come at my premises. Please somebody help me.

REGARDS
    NIKHIL PATIL

9322202401
  • edited February 2013

I was using HDFC credit card in past.

My last credit card payment was to Tata Sky for about Rs 350 only in June 2011. Then I went outside India for my work and forgot to make this payment to HDFC.
    Now when I returned they the bank is asking for 5000+ amount which obviously no wise man will pay.
    I understand it is my mistake and ready to pay 1200 which is almost 4 times the payment due in just 1.5 year but bank employee is not accepting it and threatening that this will spoil my credit history.

Can you please let mek now what can I do? Can I take a legal course for this?

Dinesh
    I have hot-listed my credit card as it has been lost before 10 months.But still I am getting statement for same.I am unable to open same and check because it opens with your card number.
    I tried to call customer care then does nt found any response.
    After some time i tried to reissue with my new address but they send it to my old address 3 times while I have confirmed them to send it to my current address.

Now I am getting mail to submit bill of 5000 without spending a buck.Still i m unble to pay bill bcz i dont have card number.

please suggest me what to do with them.

Ashu
  • edited June 2013
    My name is Srinivas.
    MY HDFC Credit card used to renual the 'BIG FLICKS PRIVATE LIM MUMBAI' with out my knowledge.

Dont know what fix they have with BIG FLICKS PRIVATE LIM MUMBAI - 4xxxxxxxxxx7637.

They will pay for all my Policies in the same way ?

MY Mobile number - 9543008468.
  • edited November 2013
    i am piyush kumar and my credit card number is 4617-8653-0020-3125. my Rs.22000 has been hold by your credit card department without any information.
    i had already informed to your customer care executive that i will make all pending payments in this November and he agreed on that too still you hold my Rs.22000.
    i am using hdfc credit card from last 2 years and could not make payments of last few months due to some personal issues, but i am your old customer and you are treating me in this way ??? this is really very disappointing.
    at least you could have informed me that you are going to take such decision.

even i sent you the mail on talktous@hdfcbank.com, but dint get any response from your side even after 24hrs

please reply me as soon as possible.

Piyush Kumar
  • edited December 2013
    They have all crooks in there customer service deptt. always tell new things about your card so I finally closed my account after 3 years of usage. they didnot inform me about reward points settlement and now they are saying since ur account is closed u cannot avail reward points.

In a good and customer centric environment company shud issue me a letter stating that you have this much points available which you can use against certain things.

However with this stupid bank you dont get anything no letter from there side that my account is closed. my card number was 4617 8620 0139 0145.
    I wud request all of those who are reading this mail donot go for HDFC credit cards.

Gaurav
  • edited December 2013
    Hi, I hold credit cards of HDFC and SBI banks. I am using these for almost 2 years. I use to pay the minimum amount of the bill that is 5% of total outstanding as per bank regulation. I lost my job recently as i had to negotiate 50% lower than my previous salary for the job that i joined now. Due to financial crisis i couldn pay the minimum. I sometimes paid a bulk amount too. But whenever i pay a minimum amount i.e; 10,000 Rs for total outstanding of 1,30,000 Rs 50% of 10,000 is only of charges and interest and same story for next month as well since this is going on for 4-5 months which i cant continue further because of my financial downtime i need some suggestion to get rid of this. 1) I get calls from recovery agents speaking in high tone and talking rudely. 2)publicising my debt situation by calling reference numbers who are my friends and relatives. 3) When ever i attend the call same thing happens as sometimes i avoid taking calls they start calling my friends relatives and my parents publicising my debt. Kindly provide me a best solution as i want to get rid of this. It is impacting my personal life and career as well as my health.
  • edited January 2014

I was using HDFC credit card and previously was settled with Rs.25000/- around in five installment one isntallment was due and I was asked to HDFC peoples for collecting that with no dues or in written that final payment on card but they was not ready to give in written now after one they are calling on my father number currently hospitalized, If my number is working and I am receiving all calls of HDFC than why they are calling to my family. previously due to this I was lost my job because of unwanted visit of HDFC recovery persons at my office and abusive behavior with my coleuses and my seniors now they are harassing my parents, If further call will come to my family number than I will go for police complaint and file a case in consumer court.

Vaibhav
  • edited February 2014
    I am Sreekanth Reddy holding Credit Card Number - XXXX-XXXX-XXX0-8367. I got the card in January-2012. I made the total purchases of around Rs.110000/- (this amount also includes some financial charges around Rs.20000/-) . I have already paid Rs.81000/- out of it. So, total amount to be paid is around Rs.29000/- (Rs.9000/- if financial charges are excluded). I didn’t receive hard copies of the statement from last 2 years.

But surprisingly, I have received legal notice to pay the amount Rs.98500/- on February 10th 2014. I have called the officer, whose name is listed in the legal notice and asked for the settlement in one shot. Your officer came back with the settlement of Rs.68900/- in 2 instalments. I am not doing any job right now and not in a position to pay this huge amount. For Rs.29000/-, you are asking for Rs.69000/- which is illegal. I can pay only Rs.30000/- in one shot and would like to close the amount and credit card account.

I believe you can help me in this situation and sending you the email. Awaiting for your reply.
  • edited April 2014
    HDFC CREDIT CARD MANAGER

My Name is Namita Powale, I was HDFC CREDIT CARD HOLDER but since last three years my card is block account is settled. I already paid Rs. 38,000/- or more and strictly called them cancelled my credit card. I received a call regarding same for payment confirmation and cancellation receipt of my credit card. My card limit was 40,000/-. After couple of months collection agencies started calling me for payments. I was under impression that my account was settled and by them my account kept accruing following charges each month:
    Late fee
    Service charge for Late fee
    Overlimit charge
    Service charge for Overlimit charge
    Finance charge / Interest
    Service charge for Finance charge / Interest
    Ms Fatima Shaikh wants me to pay 72,000/- (all above charges) thats not possible for me and I will not able to pay as well because I already paid my usage with interest of HDFC Bank. In last week I received calls from +919422652804, +919320151988, +912261396400. I wanted to launch a complaint against these numbers as they using abusive language over the phone with me and next time I didn’t pick a call they called on my Husband’s office talked to owner of the company in abusive language. I am continuously telling them that I will not pay anything now because issue is over I don’t even know my card no because it’s a past since they are sending their executives to my home continuously calling my friends and family. Now I feel it’s kind of an extortion calls I am receiving from hdfc people and they don’t have any manners of talking to customers. Now I am a jobless pregnant lady from middle class family can’t be pay such a huge amount and y should I pay?? HDFC bank want me to pay Rs. 72,000/- against for the credit amount Rs. 40,000/- against which I Total I paid more than Rs. 40,000/-. If will not pay this then they will give me, my family extortion calls. I need .How much a person has to pay to a bank against his card. It’s a crime for person to take hdfc card .A person has to pay more than his usage .I wants a right PERSON TO GUIDE ME where i can complaint against these persons and wanted to sort out this problem without paying a single penny.
    Also I want few questions to be answered:
    1. Does HDFC collection executive have right to lie and give false commitments to achieve their monthly targets?
    2. Does HDFC bank have authority to abuse and threaten people to collect the money?
    3. Does HDFC collection agent have rights to unethically avail card member’s family members and friend’s information?
    4. Does HDFC collection agent have rights to call card member’s family members and for collection?
    5. Does HDFC collection agent have rights to harass card member’s family members and friends and to threaten them?
    6. Does HDFC bank often sends wrong letters for settlement to the customers?
    7. Will I get justice and compensated for the trauma I had gone through due to unethical business practice followed by HDFC bank executives?
    8. Will I get any written explanation and apology from HDFC bank?

HDFC bank has caused a mental trauma to Me, My family members and my family friends.
    HDFC bank has spoiled my CIBIL records beyond repair.
    HDFC bank executives have jeopardized banks reputation and my financial standing.
    I have been harassed, humiliated and traumatized by the recovery agents employed by HDFC Bank.
    It has caused me great embarrassment in my society and spoiled my reputation.

I have lost faith in HDFC credit card division and the way your collection department behaves. Also I have all recordings regarding the harassment received from collection executive employed by HDFC Bank and would register a police complaint against them and the bank.

I need an escalation in this case and would like to get a favourable resolution to this issue, falling which I will be forced to take further.

REGARDS
    NAMITA P
  • edited April 2014
    My ref.no-14040114201910N1,my friends take creditcards but my ref. not approved.plz quiry it
  • edited May 2014
    Hi This is Vikram Jaiswal

Credit Card details
    Name : Vikram Jaiswal
    Card No. : 5242160000660737
    issued by HDFC Bank

Please note that Credit Card has been offered by HDFC bank with no additional expense except Late fee for the amount used through credit card.

However, for last few months they were unable to deliver the credit card bills to the said address and no one ever contacted me from HDFC credit card bank behalf.

Later my office address changed and i requested online for address change with the Credit Card dept, they changed the address but with huge amount added which includes Late fee plus Finance Charge. by definition of Bank that Finance charge is the interest fee they charge on amount used from credit card if it is not payable on time.
    Issues:
    1. I have paid timely payments but if they are not able deliver the bills how would i come to know that how much i have to pay to the Credit Card company.
    2. However, i have paid all the payable amount some times including late fee
    3. As it not informed to me by the HDFC credit card representative, that the bank will apply FINANCE CHARGE on late payment amount, therefore i have not paid this finance charge.
    4. They keep calling and forcing me to pay this amount also..
    6. And now they keep on increasing the amount of Finance charge by adding further more late fees and put my account hold.

it is same like when villagers borrowed money from landlord and never able to return it because landlord keep on adding interest.

Kindly help in this matter.
  • edited May 2014
    I am "Surbhi Babbar" and I recently opened an account with HDFC bank A/C Number 50100016565813 on 3rd May 2014.
    Few days later on 16th May 2014, I received a letter stating that bank has placed Rs. 35,238.64 as “Hold on Funds” against an old credit card 4346781008918708 without any prior information. The same amount of 35,238.64 was deducted from my account on 21/05/2014 without any consent of mine.
    I went to the branch and they said credit card division is different entity. After many request they asked to raise a complaint. I raised the complaint on 17th May 2014 but till today complaint no P1421/14-15/0001 has no updates.
    I had the above credit card in Nov 2010, and after my marriage in Nov 2010, I moved to United States immediately. I would also like to share here that I was a victim of a troubled marriage and suffered harassment from my husband and in-laws to an extent that they withdrew all my savings money also and till today court cases are running.
    I returned back to India in Jan 2014 and I still do not have a job. I borrowed some money from my father and opened a new account in HDFC bank on 3rd May 2014 with A/C Number 50100016565813 thinking to do some saving for my uncertain life ahead.
    But this is shocking to me that HDFC has withdrawn 35,238.64 out of the 50,000 that I deposited. I went back and checked my credit card balance of 4346781008918708. It was only Rs 13,712.02 on Dec 2010 when I left India. Even with the small money that I have in my account, I am ready to settle the amount, but to pay 3 times the amount is not acceptable to me keeping my current financial status in view.
    I request you to take appropriate actions against this huge money withdrawn as this is an additional suffering for me. I am already a victim of mental harassment in my personal married life which is causing huge suffering to me.
    I mailed & talked to HDFC bank so many times and tried to convince them of my current status and readiness to negotiate a reasonable amount but I did not get a positive response.
    Now at last after getting frustrated and depressed, I am challenging HDFC bank for this irresponsible activity. As being the customer of HDFC bank and an "Indian National", I demand HDFC bank to return my saving account money into my HDFC Bank account and I am ready to negotiate on a reasonable amount for my credit card settlement.
    Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem stated above as I am in urgent need of my savings account money.
    My details are as below:
    Name: Surbhi Babbar