Mobile Handset Complaints

Dr Saurabh RakeshDr Saurabh Rakesh Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Mobile
Allegation- Star Mobitel has sold me either old /used/ refurbished or stolen old hand set.

I bought my mobile model E-70 from Star Mobitel on 13/1/2008,some time after i noticed that the battery is not working properly i.e backup is too less and the model is out dated .Star Mobitel provided me an extra old used battery for the backup.
after six months time its courser started malfunctioning for which first I went to Star Mobitel and they directed me to nokia care and said that we do not provide post sale service.
when I went to nokia care they told me that there is some hardware problem with the courser but they cannot accept the hand set as it is out of warrantee. when I showed the invoice to them and the date of purchase they told me that according to model IMEI no the warrantee of the set is over on 21/07/2007 i.e before my date of purchase.
I called star mobitel and talked to Mr Indrajeet Singh, probably manager and asked him why this is happening .According to invoice my handset is well within warrantee and nokia care is saying that the set is out of warrantee .
When I charged him that how he has sold me a stolen / refurbished set which is out of warrantee before the purchase date he called me at the show room and took my set with a promise that he will replace the hand set after they have shown it to nokia care. Using his personal contact he submitted that set in nokia care where they found that courser is not working . nokia care is not having that spare part and they have sent a request to nokia for the same.
Nokia priority dealer and one of the leading showroom in south Delhi has sold me an outdated handset with proper receipt and insurance. When I called Nokia customer care at 08030303838 they repeatedly confirmed me that the warrantee of this set has expired on 31/07/2007 and nokia has stopped selling that hand set long back and also said that the dealer should not have sold me that handsetm but at the same time they refused to lodge any complaint against them( the dealer).
Today they are saying that the spare is not available and it will take some time to procure it.
I request you to kindly help me in getting new handset of different model

Comments

• adminadmin Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Kindly provide us your full contact details and the full bill details with IEMI no.

modle -GSM nokia E-70,

G-26,south ext part I
    Mobile 91-9971717171.
    Fax 91-11-41606060
    E-mail-ncsdelhi@star mobitel.com

At present-nokia care is having my mobile given to then by the name of star mobitel ltd.
    Job card no-111433527/081227/54

Faridabad,
    Haryana-121010
    Mo no-09818797966
    edited January 2009

Kindly send a Notice to the dealer on the above mentioned address, and also to:
    Managing Director,
    Nokia India Pvt Ltd.
    5F Tower A and B
    Cyber Green DLF,
    Cyber city, DLF phase II
    Sec-25 A Gurgaon, Haryana
    1122002

mention all the details and attached the photo copy of both bill and the job sheet. And wait for at least 15-20 days for their reply.

Note: Send the notice through the registered post and keep the slip safe, and also send a soft copy of the notice at notice@consumercourt.in

edited January 2009
    I have already sent a legal notice to the dealer and to nokia as you mentioned seven days back.
    edited January 2009

Kindly share the soft copy of the notice.

edited January 2009

Kindly send a notice to the below mentioned address too:
    Managing Director,
    Nokia India Pvt Ltd.
    5F Tower A and B
    Cyber Green DLF,
    Cyber city, DLF phase II
    Sec-25 A Gurgaon, Haryana
    1122002

Note: Kindly Share the soft copy of the notice with us.
    edited January 2009
    iIt will be done today itself and the copy wii be sent to you.
    edited January 2009
    soft copy of notice sent to you at notice@consumercourt .in
    edited January 2009
    We will go through your notice, and guide you accordingly.

Kindly send some product/service reviews to help other consumer to choose the right product and services.

edited January 2009
    We provide free help to all our INDIAN consumers, if you already hire any lawyer than we think you have no need any extra help from us.

edited January 2009
    please let me know what is expected in my case ? will i be able to get new set from them.
    dr saurabh
  • edited June 2009

I am an aggrieved customer of Nokia.
    I bought a brand new Nokia E 71 phone from RPG Cellucom in Pashcim vihar, New Delhi
    on 9th March 2009.
    The following day I noticed the phone started rebooting and the problem increasing
    in the few days that followed.
    I went to RPG on the 13th who said they couldn't help me in any way and referred me
    to Nokia Care Centre.
    I went to Manav Communications, a Nokia care centre in the vicinity.
    Since then they have made hundreds of software updates to my phone and it has
    remaining in and out of the care centre for the past one and a half month.

The phone has also been sent to a higher level care centre twice.
    Once it came back on assurances that they have tested it and the same is fine.
    But they believed the fault when the phone rebooted in front of the care executive
    twice within filing a fourth complaint.
    the current status of the phone is that it is lying with Nokia for the past
    fortnight now and I have been told that it will be repaired by the 30th.

I have requested them to change the handset umpteen number of times as I don't wish
    to use a phone that has been repaired so many times.
    But they refuse to do so and say their technicians will advise on the matter.

Pls advise me how should i proceed with the matter.
    I have been duped of Rs.19,000 and wish to take them to court for this.
    I want a compensation for the phone and do not wish to use a Nokia ever.
    i also wish to be compensated for the 45 days of mental torture I have suffered and
    all the time I have wasted in getting the phone repaired.

Pls advise.

Thanks in advance,

Rupal Bansal

New Delhi
    edited July 2009
    i bought nokia 5800 n had some prob wit it........
    i submitted my cell in nokia service centre for 1 month but my prob is not solved...
    can i sue them?????????????????????
    i want file a case how can i?????
    edited July 2009
    Before going to court, just send a written notice to the CMD of the parent company via registered post, may be your problem get solved.
    If still have a question then feel free to contact us again.
    edited July 2009
    what is cmd of parent company??????????
    sir m a student i dont know anything about all tis plz explain in detail
    can u plz provide me ur no i ill b thank ful 2 u........
    edited July 2009
    CMD means Chairman and Managing Director.
    explain in detail..............
  • edited August 2009
    Hey I am also having a problem with my apple iphone 3g 8gb. I brought a apple iphone 3g costing Rs32,000 from an airtel outlet on 1st September 2008.Then after around 10 months the vibrate button came off I submitted the phone to them and they took my bill and gave me a new phone. After 10 days there was some network problem in the phone and after again a lot of harassment they took my cell phone and gave a new one with a different EMI NO. Now in the new phone also the same problem is occuring and the airtel guys are saying we cannot do anything and neither they are replacing the phone. I took my bill but I have a document which shows that my phone was activated on 1st September 2008 that was given to me with the phone when the phone was 1st replaced.
  • edited September 2009

1. I purchased one W380i Sony Ericsson phone from M/S Neeru Enterprises Noida (Sony Ericsson Experience Store) on 23.8.2009 (bill no. 2716 dtd 23.08 2009, IMEI no – 35456022866632).

2. Since its purchase it was showing "emergency calls only" most of the time,I replaced the Dolphin(MTNL/BSNL) SIM with Airtel one but again the message 'Emergency calls only ' was appearing.Both the SIMs are functioning properly in Nokia & Motorola handset.The profile selected was normal and home It seems the signal receiving power of W380i is exiremely poor. Immediately I sought advise from their support site and was advised to take the set to their service centre

3. I deposited the set at the service centre of Sony Ericsson Noida (B 1/38 ,Sector 18 ,Noida Ph -0120-4241511) and they assured that the set will be replaced. From the people present at the Sony Ericsson service centre I gathered that there is general problem of loss of signal with Sony Ericsson sets

4. I was assured that my phone will be replaced and new phone will be given around 30.8.2009 but till now nothing has happened.

5. Around 4.9.2009 when I contacted service centre I was informed by Mr. Sreejalanand that as new handset is not in ready stock it has taken some time and he will inform about exact status in two hours by calling back. Nobody has called till now.

6. The Sony Ericsson Noida service centre either deliberately keeps the phone busy by keeping it off the hook or they will simply not attend to it. It is extremely difficult to contact them unless you go there personally.

7. My e mails to their support centre are rarely answered

8. I am totally convinced now that Sony Ericsson not only make phones which are unable to perform the basic function for which a phone is designed but also your service centre and customer support cell are TOTALLY USELESS.

Till now no action has been taken to resolve the complaint though I have regularly pursued the matter. Complaint nos –
    • 78883476
    • 79042420
    • 85026496
    • 85027096
    • 85096322
    In view of the above please necessary action may please be taken against Sony Ericsson and the contact address of their CMD may please be informed to me so that I can also write to him.

Details :

Tag no. provided - PVNA098261002
    Address of Service Centre - M/S Neeru Enterprises , Sony Ericsson Experience store,
    B-1/38,Sector- 18 Noida 201301
    Phone no.- 0120-4241511
    Date of purchase – 23.8.2009
    Date of submission- 26.8.2009

Sanjay Rahul
  • dheeraj778dheeraj778 Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    Dear Court
    i had buyed a fly mobile on25.08.2009 there was a display problem in 4 hours & i had talk to the authority they are saying we can give you only 25% disount nothing more than that. So Pls help me, i am attaching the conversation with the mail
    Thankyou

Dear Sir/Madam

I had sent u mail regarding the problem in DS500 on 22 sep 2009 but no reply came from ur side pls respond it as soon as possible

Dheeraj
    From: DHEERAJ VERMA <dheeraj778@yahoo.co.in>
    Subject: FLY CARE 2150 regarding : problem in fly Phone DS500
    To: "Fly Care" <flycare@meridiantelecom.in>
    Cc: admin@consumercourt.co.in
    Date: Tuesday, 22 September, 2009, 9:19 PM

Dea Sir/Madam
    I had tried to contact you through phone many times but your number is mostly busy & if its reachable always a new person recieves the call they again ask for the whole story like 10 days ago i had talked to one girl she said she will sort out the problem but after that shw is nt available
    5 days ago i again called one guy recives tht call & said that within 12hrs you will recive call back fron us
    Today evening i again called & again a new person recived the call.
    Now who will sort out the problem tell me clearly give me the correct no.
    As per ur last mail you you are offering 25% discount , what is the meaning of this discount
    first of all there is problem in mobile display within 4 hrs of its purchasing , then u r giving 25% discount means first u r selling ur mobile & then its part to the coustmer it shws that u
    r clearly making the fool of the coustmer & as per ur company name after making fool u r flying . Tell me the final decision from your side as soon as possible because after ur final
    decision i will proceed further.
    Hope a call from ur side

dheeraj taneja

--- On Mon, 7/9/09, Fly Care <flycare@meridiantelecom.in> wrote:

From: Fly Care <flycare@meridiantelecom.in>
    Subject: Dheeraj verma-secundrabad
    To: "'DHEERAJ VERMA'" <dheeraj778@yahoo.co.in>
    Date: Monday, 7 September, 2009, 2:12 AM

Dear Valuable Customer

Thank you for choosing FLY Mobile. We appreciate you taking the time to email us at FLY Care.

We would be happy to help you and provide you further resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and the long wait.

At FLY we value our customers and want them to set the trend

You can repair your handset with our authorized service center and we are offering you 25% discount.

For any further information or queries please contact us on given below no or mail us at same address.

Thank you.

Prashant

0120-4141640

Timings : 09:00 – 18:00 hours

flycare@meridiantelecom.in

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such a person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Be environmentally aware - please do not print this email unless you really need

Original Message
    From: DHEERAJ VERMA [mailto:dheeraj778@yahoo.co.in]
    Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 6:38 AM
    To: flycare@meridiantelecom.in
    Subject: RE: Dheeraj verma-secundrabad

Dear Prashant

As i had discussed with u regarding the mobile , the Problem is only with the upper glass of display , so take the necessary steps as soon as possible

fly care wrote:

> Dear Valuable Customer

> Thank you for choosing FLY Mobile. We appreciate you taking the time

> to email us at FLY Care.

> We would be happy to help you and provide you further resolution. We

> apologize for any inconvenience caused and the long wait.

> At FLY we value our customers and want them to set the trend.

> We will receive your mail we upadate your status as soon as possible.

> Thank you.

> Regards,

> Prashant

> 0120-4141640

> Timings : 09:00 – 18:00 hours

> flycare@meridiantelecom.in

> _______________________________________________________________

> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.

> If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible

> for delivery of the message to such a person), you may not copy or

> deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this

> message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise

> immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email

> for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information

> in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm

> shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

> Be

> environmentally aware - please do not print this email unless you

> really need

> From: DHEERAJ VERMA

> [mailto:dheeraj778@yahoo.co.in]

> Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:21 AM

> To: fly care

> Cc: kishore.tella@meridiantelecom.in

> Subject: RE: FLY CARE 2150 regarding : problem in fly Phone DS500

> Dear Sir,

> As u have asked the job ID in ur mail

> the job id : 6403

> Timings

> : 09:00 – 18:00 hours

> flycare@meridiantelecom.in

> Privileged/Confidential

> Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee

> indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to

> such a person), you may not copy or deliver this message to

> anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify

> the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your

> employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not

> relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither

> given nor endorsed by it.

> ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Be environmentally aware - please do not print this email

> unless you really need

> From: DHEERAJ VERMA

> [mailto:dheeraj778@yahoo.co.in]

> Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 7:29 AM

> To: admin@consumercourt.co.in

> Cc: kishore.tella@meridiantelecom.in; flycare@meridiantelecom.in;

> flyinfo@meridiantelecom.in; complaints@timesofindia.com

> Subject: regarding : problem in fly Phone DS500

> Dear Sir,

> Myself is Dheeraj , i had buyed a fly phone[DS 500 in Rs 6300] from Miyapur Hyderabad on 25.08.2009 in morning but in evening when i removed the mobile from my pocket i found that the display was not working , same day i informed the shopkeeper ' Manu communications' he told me to go to the service centre 'sai Mobiles' at secunderabad i went there he told me to gave set to him and he will inform in evening after consulting his head but by 28.08.2009 morning no call came from him & again i went him he
    infrormed it is not ours problem u have misused the set , i also talked to
    his a.p[ Mr. Kishore] head he also had the same reply ,they are saying u have to give again Rs2800 for its display . please help me and
    circulate in media that " DON'T USE FLY PHONES'
    dheeraj
  • edited October 2009
    I am a Vodafone customer and I lost my Vodafone Blackberry mobile model 9000 on 10th of October 2009.
    I have logged the police compliant. When I contact Police they say me that Vodafone can help me in tracing the mobile. When I contact Vodafone they also are saying they cannot help me.
    As the mobile is locked for Vodafone it can be used only with Vodafone network. My mobile IMEI number is 351845038553452. My mobile number is +91 9833207171.
    As a good citizen is have bought mobile with bill and with IMEI number. Can you please help me? Who can trace my mobile?
    Is there any law or customer service helpdesk whom can I contact.

Vinay V Uberoi
    mail :- vinay.uberoi@gmail.com
  • ankush21ankush21 Junior Member
    edited November 2009

I purchased Nokia 5610/d Express Music from M club(GF vishwa sadan shop no 9, District center, Janakpuri, New Delhi on 4/1/2009 at the cost of Rs.11,300. After 7 months my phone stopped working. So i went to nokia care center (Jail Road ,Harinagar , New Delhi). They repaired the phone . it worked fine for 3-4 days and stopped working again. I again went to Nokia care and they kept my phone for 8-10 days. I got my phone and was working fine . but again it stopped working after 2 days. I went there and told them to replace the phone. They told me that they cannot replace the phone and instead of even repairing it they told me that i had to pay the estimate cost to repair it ..as according to them my phone's I C is broke n,and while checking my phone they even broke its joystick.My phone, it still falls under the warranty .IMEI no. of my phone is - 354854020211811.

Please let me know what i can do to get a replacemnet instead of a repaired
    phone.I ll be very thankful to you.Hope you ll understand my concern.

Ankush
  • Tamanna SatsangiTamanna Satsangi Junior Member
    edited November 2009

I had purchased this Nokia Phone 5310 (EMI No. 351934039515650) of Rs. 8200/- on 29.03.2009 from Mobile Store, Sector-6 market, Dwarka, New Delhi.

Since the date of purchase this set has a software problem, Phone automatically switch off and then restart again and once switch off did not get started, then first time sent to Nokia care at Panipat through some of my known friend as soem of his friend working there. Then I receive the set.

After 2 months again in June, 2009, a software problem arises, then My father went to Nokia Care Centre, Om Ujala Communication, F-101/102, 1st floor Krishan Plaza, Plot No.12, Sector-4, Dwarka Ph- 9899933118 , After 1 hour , he give set to my father, now this is ok.

Now In October again, my set automatically switch off and my father given on Nokia Care on 07-10-2009, the cocerned engineer Mr. Imran said that -there is a liquid damage and did not come under Waraanty and pay 1250/-. My father agrees and sign - as we did not know about any softwares of mobiles and think just a matter off 1250/-.

Now its more then 1 month and on 12 November , 2009 their Manager of Nokia Care Mr. Kamal Aggarwal said that it requires Rs. 3500/- to repair as there is a water damage?

I am very upset from this Nokia:

1. This set has a manufacturing defect from the date of purchase otherwise why it requires repairing again and again?

2. My set never fall in water and neither fell down, then how they said - Water damage?

Nobody want to hear me , how should I know may it is their fault?

They just want to make money.

I purchase this set of amount of Rs. 8200/- and now this is totally waste as I did not use this set due to its problem? Now they demand Rs. 3500/- again, tell me Is it worthy? What is the guarantee again?

Really In nokia centre- services are very poor and totally fraud?

They did not want to replace the set and just want to make money.

Please help me what to do, as I am a middle class working lady, single with my 4 years child and I will not afford to pay again and again?

Wating for action

Anupma Gujral
    09811989195
  • vikram1073vikram1073 Junior Member
    edited December 2009
    I brought a nokia 5610 on 20th of december from a 'HOT SPOT' mobile store situated in Rajouri Garden, near metro station. In the store, they promised me a backup of 8 to 10 hours from the phone and said that the phone has a battery of 'communicator' phone and will last double than the usual phone batteries.
    After 5 days I went to them regarding my problem that the phone was not giving a backup of more than 4 hours but they refused to listen and told me that they can't do anything and I will have to go to the nearest nokia care centre where the phone will be reformatted.
    The software will be reloaded again and that will surely include some cost.
    My data and the contacts will be washed up and I will have to arange for the expenses whatever is included.

Overall their behaviour was not supportive and were trying to neglect me.

I am not in a position to bear more expenses for this phone as I have already invested Rs9500 in this phone.
    I bought this phone after a long time and when you invest this much and with so much expectations, you know what happens when you feel cheated.

please help me and guide me, so that I can get the value of my money.
  • edited January 2010
    i m pallavi mahajan from jammu.....i bought a nokia 7610 supernova on 20th january 2009.....the problem is that on the net its internal memory is given to be 64mb but in real its internal memory is 26.7mb only....its totally a fraud, nokia is cheating people like this....once i have told the regional manager about this but no action has been taken yet....i went so mant times to nokia care but they always say that we have talked about this in the company.....i told them to replace my set, but now its almost an year and i purchased the cell for Rs.10,800, nw i want the money back....i am going to the court also to launch a complaint....my no is 9419194191
  • edited February 2010
    I purchased one fly phone model E111 DS having following IMEI on 10/01/2010 from Kolkata
    910003070072114 & 910003070072122
    Iwas operating with 2 BSNL SIM but from 31/01/2010 both SIM showing invalid sim though both are functioning with my old NOKIA 2630 mobile
    PLZ help me what I can do now.My retailer says it is server problem of BSNL
  • Dr.vishnu ametaDr.vishnu ameta Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    I am Dr. Vishnu Ameta ,From Ahmedabad,

i purchased the Motorola Q9h from Hot spot mobile store with bill on dated 18/06/2009 ,the handset is in warranty period,
    Since purchase of this handset i used only for 2-2.5 months.
    It is having the problem of voice dimming or Call drop (either incoming or outgoing) ,Intially i thought that it is with network problem but when i used another handset of Nokia there is no problem.lateron i checked this handset with Airtel network ,it is having same problem.
    Then i submitted thrice(Incident: 100206-012469] to the Motorola service centre (Ashram rd Ahmedabad) but problem persist.
    Currently the handset is with them.
    The details of Hansed is As below: (Incident: 100206-012469]
    1.) Handset IMEI Number.:358316010142

2.) Name and Address of Service Centre contacted.:Motorola, Abhinav techonlogies,

66,chinubhai Tower, opp Handloom house, Ahram Road ,Ahmedabad , 380009 Guajrat.
    Handset sibmitted thrice with following work order no
    A) AY/MO/09/01778 Dated 29/9/2009

B) 271109M1 Dated 27/11/2009

C) currently sbmited on 03/03/2010 ,

Even i tried them with Motorola customer care on Phone several time and by mails 8 times but no satisfactory response has come.,

Please help me to sort this problem

Dr Vishnu Ameta
  • edited March 2010
    hi
    i bought a blackberry phone n gifted the same to my wife because she is a vodafone coustomer. The phone worked fine for some time but started to show problems thereafter. Initially the speakers stopped performing i.e. i wasnt able to hear the persone calling me. I submitted the phone with vodafone store ( dwarka) n the set was replaced. The new handset had problem that it restarted on its own again i had to visit the store and according to them it the problem was resolved. Using the phone showed that the problem still persisted and me had to visit the store again. I got my phone back yesterday after around 20-30 days and the problem has still not been rectified.

Please suggest me what to do because i am fedup of sending mails to vodaphone and visting the store again and again. the handset is useless for me.

awaiting your reply

awaiting your reply

thanks and regards

richie rajpal

Hi Rajpal,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at http://tinyurl.com/ybr9gcv and we’d be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care.