cancellation of tatkal tickets

tatkal-tickets.jpgHi,
Pls do let me know.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    It is true that cancellation of ticket may not be possible once 24 hrs is
    crossed. Now, they could get rid by giving excuse that the page on the internet
    is not work during that time. Can you try the same and see whether you get the
    prompt or warning msg.

If you dont get even now, than it is the software issue else you can even try
    with other system since some application support Java and if Java is not
    installed the prompt msg may not appear.

This would tell you why the msg didnt prompt.

Bye and take care.

Raj
  • edited April 2009
    It is not a software issue, they have not put any
    warning thats all. I get the warning in other sites.
    after cancellation they just show you that the refund
    is zero.
  • edited July 2009
    My grievance is related to Railway eticket booking that was done on 11 April using Tatkal quote. I already had a 3AC ticket for 11 Apr that was wait listed.. since it didnt move till morning of 11 April - i decided to make new reservation, due to this Loss of money and loss of opportunity even to make corrections.
  • edited July 2009
    Sir I'm a physically handicapped person. I had applied for Railway Consession Certificate with above hospital. Doctor with above hospital issues certificate after examining the patient. Railway issues consession ticket based on above certificate. I'll have to cancel my ticket & loss money on cancellation charges. Wastage of time etc. Railway has already issued the tickets based on my certificate. But suggested to obtain fresh certificate as no alteration is allowed on original certificate.
  • edited July 2009
    From Last 10 Days I try to book Tatkal Ticket From Gorakhpur (GKP) to Lokmanya Tilak (LTT)(train no.5018)in respect of 5 days mandatory at 8:00AM. At the same time IRCTC server not responding. but matter is that after 5 minuts from 1st day to till today the avalability shown WL/126 every day In SLEEPER CLASS. The data is not maintaning properly by IRCTC STAFF.
    I use to book my ticket throu Internet and mobile GPRS and both are payable. One day i book 3AC WL ticket. Ticket Details are (Date 4/6/2009 Name B B Singh And Sheela Singh Wl/41,42 cancling charge Rs20. Per person.
    either Stop Tatkal ticket Booking and WL ticket also 'or'General confirm ticket cancled befor 6 days from date of journey. and after cancling the confirm ticket that will booked in Tatkal before 5 days
  • edited December 2009
    I primarily use irctc web site for booking my rail tickets. But found useless for booking ticket under taktal quota, specially during season period. Takal booking starts from 8 AM onwards on this site. But site even fails to load till 8:30 am. Even if somehow loaded, and after login reached my account, by the time I plan my travel and fill up the e-forms ,it fails again. And at many occasions, money transactions fail to happen, making me to make a fresh try (although money is refunded after 3 days).

During peak season I have found this problem continues till 11 AM and happens the same in closing hours. With kind of revenue it is generating from site alone, it is utter pity to know that they cant even afford to host on decent server, which could maintain traffic. It will be more helpful for consumers, if they spend that revenue on better servers than hiring ill mannered customer support staff.
  • edited January 2010

I made a online ticket booking through IRCTC in TATKAL and my tickets were in waiting list. I booked tickets for my family of 5 persons. On the day of journey, only one ticket was confirmed and the others were in waiting list. So, i filed a TDR and asked for cancellation of tickets and refund of the amount for all the tickets. But i have not been refunded my amount till date and i have been writing emails to tdrprocess <tdrprocess@irctc.co.in> for my refund. They always say that they have sent reminders to the concerned department and chasing the case. But nothing happens later. I have written atleast 20 emails to them and if i am lucky i get a reply saying that they have sent reminders and chasing the case. Hence i am thinking of filing a complaint in the consumer forum.

Could you please advice if this is the right direction? Please email me at sarmakns1@gmail.com

Nageswara Sarma
  • edited April 2010
    This is the most annoying rule in Tatkal scheme which allows booking withing 4-6hrs of train departure and also cancellation , but the issue is the amount refunded is zero !
    This is not fair , there is no warning in the irctc site that the cancellation amt will be zero ... I have lost money in two such instances now ..

The refund amount has to be proportionate the the amount of bookings that happens during that 24 hrs time period , the person cancelling is actually doing a service by de-allocating the seats for others to book , so why not return his money back .
    If for argument , people say it is a rule , well this rule is unjust and if for argument people people say that rly willl loose money , then payback only when there is a re-booking done by someone else to fill up the seat . i.e if rly wins the person cancelling also wins !
  • edited April 2010
    1. I booked e ticket on 09 Feb PNR 2631584816 for Sampark Kranti from Bhopal to Secunderabad for journey on 19 Mar 10. Till 18 Mar 2300h the status of this ticket was WL 3,4,5.
    2. On 17 Mar 10, since the tickets were not getting confirmed and journey was important, I tried to book seats through Tatkal scheme.
    3. At 0800h in the morning of 17 Mar 10, when the booking time starts, I tried to book tickets for Sampark Kranti for which the status was displayed as available. However the servers did not allow the tickets to be booked till 0930h by which time the status of the tickets became Wait listed. I don't know whether this is by default or design. Authorities may like to check that why invariably e tickets do not start at 0800h sharp.
    4. Per force, I bought e-ticket under Tatkal scheme for the same journey for Dakshin Express PNR 2304026873.
    5. On 18 Mar at 2300h the first ticket PNR 2631584816 got confirmed.
    6. Since my preferred train was Sampark Kranti, I tried to cancel Tatkal tickets PNR 2304026873 for which I get standard reply from irctc that cancellation is not allowed and no refund is applicable.
    7. I have following clarification to seek:-
    (a) If rules need to be quoted for all replies then we don't need humans but computers as response managers.
    (b) Rules need to be interpreted on case to case basis..
    (c) As a genuine railway passenger whose intent is to travel, railways made me buy a tatkal seat for the same journey inspite of my booking a seat 40 days in advance by keeping me in WL till last minute.
    (d) Secondly my right of cancellation of a ticket has been denied. So what if it is a tatkal seat. I was not warned while booking that there is no refund for this ticket if cancelled less than 24 h from the commencement of journey.
    (e) What does a passenger do in such a situation. Railways has created a situation whereby I have lost complete money on my tatkal booking.
    (f) The issue needs to be seen in totallity and not in isolation. If required this rule needs to be amended for cases whose seat gets confirmed at the last minute for the same journey.
  • edited May 2010

I have tried several time to book tatkal ticket from udupi to new delhi, but never got confirmed e - ticket and as above said IRCTC site always fail to book ticket till 10:30 am. by this time always you will find high waiting list in all classes and it is confirmed that these tickets will be not be confirmed and person cannot board the train.

Even though, I every time trying and booking waiting list tickets in hope that this time it will confirm and making myself fool.

I appreciate Indian railway for making such a nice fool to its customer, who also know that they will book tatkal ticket and make themself fool. This is the cronic problem during summer vacations and in some identified route.

Its a great time and money killer system.

could Indian railway think over it and modify the system for the passangers conveniences.
  • edited July 2010

After cancellation of Tatkal ticket I havent received any refund. This shows the Rly's accountability to the passengers. They become totally commercial and earning money. If i cancelled my seat/berth my ticket fare is not refunded but my seat/berth is going to allot to anothers or it is vacant till my destination. If they are alloting my seat/ berth to another passenger why dont refund my ticket fare. I dont know whats happening in Rly's and how fair fraud business this is with its rules without transperency
  • edited July 2010
    I have running a travel agency specially in e-ticktng sinnce last 4yrs.In opening session of tatkal booking i was unable to book confirmed tatkal ticket since last 4 yrs.specially all Rajdhani train, all south train, sampark kranti etc.If i get by chance the wating list was 45,50 like that.Irctc has only 1 single server and given agency all over india.
  • edited September 2010

HELLO Dear Sir/Madam,

i dont know wat the terms & condition of railway if we booked tickets its in tatkal we cant change the boarding & my point of view before its was good altest we change the boarding in tatkal now its when ever we go change boarding its cant preused the booking its get some problem i dont no wat wrongs with railway minister now see the they made again terms such a funny term from were people want to book tatkal they can get it but its happen in some train thats also we cant book from were we want but i will say one thing before its was good how much we want to pay atleast we get the ticket satifaction, & regarding tatkal fare this also such a funny agin before its was in evey train in SL-150 tatkal charge ,3AC -300 something like that i seems but its was gr8 but for every train its same terms but the now in some tarin SL-75 & some train high its not equal i dont know wat wrongs with this present ministry i mean to say (MAMTA AUNTY) listen there is the terms made if once the tatkal ticket made we cant cancelled right but i dont know wat wrongs agin to this minister soppose example i made taltal ticket & i got some problem so cant go its means my money is wastage right & that my seats will belong to other people & the money achieve TT (but my point of view TT is very bad they dont nkowhow to respect how to behave i dont know wat the hell this TT are they all r they needs some change to gain money with people but the TT dint know the poor people how they hard work but the TT such a bad we cant explain promise if i would given the chance then i could change all the terms & condition i know its very hard to handle but i can i hv the such confident b-caz u know wat member of railway they r totally bad they cheat & eat the money but ( its my request plz you all member plz change the terms of tatkal miss Aunty ji of railway plz changes the terms of railway there is lots of time u have so miss Aunty change it i mean change the boarding, we can cancelled the ticket of tatkal , & change all TT of India they show honesty infrom minister & all but since public wat to say no comments so plz do it someting Miss Mamta ji

MITHUN SHARMA
    (INDIA)
  • edited November 2010
    I have booked tatkal ticket, But unfortunately i have canceled those tickets, when cancellation of time it was not shown any warning, that is If you canceled you will get zero balance only. please stop this types of cheating from railway department.
  • edited November 2010
    We all are finding troubles for getting tatkal,cancellation of tatkal confirmation of ticket procedure against waiting. We should pick up the matter with consumer court for getting our rights and proper solution.
  • edited November 2010
    This is not fair , there is no warning in the irctc site that the cancellation amt will be zero ... I have lost money in such instances now ..

Cancellation rule should be print with ERS specially in case of Tatkal Scheme so people must aware of rules before doing such job. Please sujjest me what I do now.
    my email id is jain.vishal.22@gmail.com
  • edited December 2010
    guys u cant cancell a tatkal confirmed ticket after a day or 24 hrs before train dparture is passed.... its a rule u hav to accept it... bcoz they give u a tatkal ticket though they dont confirm the regular wait listed....
    so read the rules 4 doin any such nonsense
    and abt the site trafficing.. u guys just check ur connections or pc... agree that server gets delayed... but not that late that u cant book a ticket in 15 mins
    i book almost all tatkal tickets that too little rapidly
  • edited February 2011
    This is not a complaint but an advise to all complaining about tatkal ticket cancellation.
    When anyone books a ticket under tatkal scheme it is clearly printed on the e ticket as well as paper ticket if someone has ever read the instruction that there will be no refund if cancelled within 24 hrs of the date of journey.So dont complain and read the instruction. Though I agree that this should not be done and there should be proportionate refund under tatkal scheme also.
    Gaurav
  • edited February 2011
    I have booked tatkal ticket on online. My PNR No. is 6253680600 in train No.11250 from Mugal Sarai to Pune for 17.2.2011. Now I want to cancell the ticket. It is stated that the chart is prepared and hence could not cancell. Is there any rule to get refund? what action is to be taken from my side?
    With regards
  • edited February 2011

I had book tatkal ticket and while cancelling it was almost 48 hours before departure, but still i hv got zero refund.
    so it is an illogical system, you are lucky you get it, ur not then forget it.

so next time onwards, just be sure that you are travelling the booked journey.

Vishwas
  • edited April 2011
    why dont u guys do something about ur website?
    it has the worst performance in all websites .
    swallows money and dont even gives a confirm/cancel detail.........
    it su_ _ _.
    The PNR No for the ticket is 4360906220.
    Pls do let me know.[/QUOTE]
  • edited May 2011
    I have booked online tatkal ticket for 11th may 2011 on 9th may 2011 from b'lore to visakhapatnam -prasanthi exp.
    My ticket cost was for 2 people around 900/- .When i cancelled the ticket it shows that amount Rs 740.00 is deducted and remainng will be credited to account BUT i had time of more than 24 hours and why they deducted 740.00 on what precentage(apprx 82%) they deducted.It is illegal.can i approach legally if they are not ready to take further step.Help me.
    R Kumar,Bangalore
  • edited May 2011
    pls my question is if we book 3 tatkal tickets & they come out as waiting list but can get confirmed but in different booths/department is it necessary to happen lyk this only??????
  • edited May 2011
    I have taken a policy from HDFC ERGO with FHPL (TPA) three months back wtih coverage of Rs. 3 lacs (Family plan)
    bad time for me, my daughter (2year & 6Months) affected by high fever, due to high fever i have admitted in hospital at secunderabd for 4 days. Hospital has send voucher directly to FHPL for intial treatment. FHPL has approved cashless Rs. 10,000/- (Ref No.P.A.10182) and Finally Hospital has send Discharge Bill with discharge summary to FHPL for Rs. 23,000/-

FHPL (HDFC ERGO) has rejected the entire Bill amount and intial approval Rs. 10,000/- also

And i have intracted with FHPL insurance, they have told that as per discharge summary two kind of infection is there and only one infection has covered in this policy and another infection has not covered and also it will be covering after three years

After that i have discussed these issue with HDFC ERGO, They have simply told that whatever final decision made by FHPL insurance is final

We can't able to do any thing, we are only here to taking money from customer and we are not to help or service to customer and you have to touch with only FHPL insurance

My personal advice please don't take insurance with FHPL (TPA) parties & commission agent
  • edited August 2011
    i recently today booked my e-ticket through tatkal at 8 : 27 am . I would like to cancel my tatkal ticket due to some personal problems as it has not been completed 24 hours .can anybody suggest me how to cancel the tatkal ticket.If anybody can i will be very greatly thankfull to them. pls help me in this matter
  • bonjourajaybonjourajay Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    I raked my brains to understand any logic behind the rule of cancellation of Tatkal tickets within 24 hours of trains departure time with NO REFUND. Why on earth should take the trouble of going for cancellations in such a situation. Results will be that uncacelled tickets will encourage corrupt practice of alloting those unclaimed seats Coach attendants to 'ready to offer bribe' kind of people. If on the other hand even if a part of the money is offered as refund, honest practices can be safeguarded.
    Hope better senses will prevail if a sensible person in charge of amending rules pays attention.
    Regards.
    Ajay Shrotriya
  • edited October 2011
    The PNR No for the ticket is Hi,
    for this as they cant fool people like this.
    The PNR No for the ticket is 6102691113 .
    Pls do let me know..

• edited October 2011

Any one could Pl Tell me weather the tattkal ticket booked on irctc websitr must be cancelled compulsory if the ticket is not confirmed till the train departure or the amount will be refunded automatically as the ticket booked by me for day after tomorrow is of WL 40 .If i should cancel then what is the prior time to cancel.
  • edited November 2011

I canceled a tatkal ticket and the refund amount shown is zero,
    While canceling the pop up message "are you sure you want to cancel the e-ticket" is shown.

if it says that the re-fund will be zero in the pop up, it will help people.
    what an idiot designed this irctc site.
    they should display the refund amount message before cancellation ,instead of displaying the message after cancellation.

irctc please use some common sense.