Sample of complaint
Model-Form Of Complaint
SAMPLE OF COMPLAINT, AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF COMPLAINT AND REPLY TO THE COMPLAINT
A sample of complaint is give below. However, you can file a complaint in any other way as long as you write the specific information required to file in a complaint.
BEFORE THE HONBLE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL FORUM AT ..
BEFORE THE HONBLE STTE CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION AT .
BEFORE THE HONBLE NATONAL CONSUMER
DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION
AT NEW DELHI
IN RE: CONPLAINT NO OF 20 .
Complaint under Section 12/Section 17/Section 21 of the consumer protection Act, 1986:
- Introduction: In this opening paragraph, you should give your introduction as well as that of the opposite parties.
- Transaction: In this paragraph, you should describe the transaction i.e. particulars and details goods/services availed: items of goods/kind and nature of service: date of purchase of goods/availing of service: amount paid as price/ consideration, full of in part towards the goods/services: photocopies of the /cash memo/vouchers or receipt should be attached and properly marke4de as Annexure A, B, C AND/ or 1, 2, 3 and so forth.
- Defect/Deficiency: In this paragraph, you should explain the grievancei.e. whether the loss or damage has been caused by some unfair trade practice or restrictive trade practice adopted by any trader or there is some defect in the goods or there has been deficiency in service or excessive pricing for the goods . One should bring out the nature of unfair trade practice adopted by the trader, i.e. relating to the quality of goods/services: sponsorship: warranty or guarantee for such period promised. The nature and extent of defects in goods should be explained and so should specify the details of actual price fixed by or under nay law in force at that point of time or as set out on goods and their packing vis-à-vis the price charged by the trader. The complaint can also be filed against offer for sale of goods hazardous to life and safety when used. You should narrate your grievance and rest assured, it is being read/header by compassionate and pragmatic judges. The photocopies of the relevant documents must be attached.
- Rectification: In this paragraph, you should highlight what attempts you have made to set the things right i.e. personal visits or negotiations: communication in writing if any: whether any legal notice was served and/or whether you have approached any other agency for redressed like MRTP Commission. Civil or Criminal Court of competent jurisdiction: the stages of its proceedings, its outcome, of any, along with copies (preferably certified) of such proceeding. The nature of response you got from the trader when irregularities were brought to his notice should also be disclosed here.
- Evidence: In the paragraph, you should give details of documents and/ or witnesses you will rely upon to substantiate your case. The documents attached as annexure as stated above may be incorporated in a proper list and a list of witnesses (if any) may be filed. Each of the annexure should be attested as true copy.
- Other provision: In the paragraph, you us make reference to any other law or rule regulation of a particular procedure which are applicable to the case and /or which the trader has violated and consumers rights under the same . there are incidental statutory obligations which the traders have to fulfill and in case of nay failure to do so, the case in prime facie is made out and the forum takes cognizance.
- Jurisdiction: In this paragraph , you should liquidate the claim in the complaint i.e. from Rs. 20,00,000/- to Rs, 1,00,00,000/- or above and set out the pecuniary jurisdiction of the Forum/state Commission/National Commission, as the case may be. The territorial jurisdiction should be highlighted to obviate any formal objection.
- Limitation: You must mention the present complaint is being filed within the period prescribed under Section 24A of the Act.
- Relief claimed: In this paragraph, you should describe the nature of relief you want to claim I. for removal of defects in goods or deficiency in services; replacement with new goods; return of the price or charges, etc. paid and /or compensation on account of financial loss or injury detrimental to your interest occasioned by negligence of the opposite party and explain how you have calculated the amount f the compensation claimed.
- Prayer clause: It is therefore, most respectfully prayed that this Honble Forum/Commission may kindly be pleased to
Through (Advocate or Consumer
I, .., the complainant above named , do hereby solemnly verify that the contents of my above complaint are true and correct to my knowledge . No part of it is false and nothing material has been concealed therein.
Verified this on day of ..20 at ..
Note: Although it is not compulsory, you may file an affidavit in support of the complaint, which adds to the truth and veracity of allegations and gives credibility to the cause. You need not do it on a stamp paper but should get it attested from an Oath Commissioner appointed by a High Court . The format is simple.
AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF THE COMPLAINT
BEFORE THE HONBLE .
IN RE: COMPLAINT NO OF 20
IN THE MATTER OF : COMPLAINANT
DATE OF HEARING
WRITTEN STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF RESPONDENTS TO THE
COMPLAINT OF THE COMPLAINANT
- That the present complaint is wholly misconceived, groundless and unsustainable in law and is liable to be dismissed as such. The transaction in question was without any consideration and free of charge.
- That this Honble Court has no jurisdiction to entertain and adjudicate upon the dispute involved in the complaint in as much as it is not a consumer dispute and does not fall within the ambit of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, hereinafter called the said Act and is exclusively tribal by a Civil Court and as such the complaint is liable to be dismissed summarily on this score alone.
- That the dispute raised by the complainant in the present complaint is manifestly outside the purview Of the said Act and in any event, the Act is in addition to and not in derogation of the provisions of the Act. The proceedings initiated by the complainant under the Act are non est, null and void and without jurisdiction.
- That the definitions of Complainant, Complaint Consumer Dispute And Service, as defined in section 2(1) of the said Act do not cover the aforesaid definitions, the complainant is not consumer and the controversy involved in the complaint is not a consumer dispute.
- That the present6 complaint is baseless and flagrant abuse of process of law to harass and blackmail the answering respondent. 6. That the complainant has no locus standi to initiate the present proceedings. 7. That the complaint is bad for non-joiner of necessary and proper party and is liable to be dismissed on this score alone.
- That the complainant has already filed a civil suit for in a court of competent jurisdiction which is pending disposal in the Court of and the present complaint has become anfractuous.
- That the present complaint is hopelessly barred by limitation.
- That this Honble Forum/Commission has no territorial or pecuniary jurisdiction in as much as the amount involved in the subject matter exceeds or is less than the limit prescribed by section 11(1)/ Section 17(1)(a)(i)/ section 21 (a)(i)of the Act.
- That the present complaint is frivolous and vexatious and liable to be dismissed under section 26 of the Act.
- That the present complaint has not been verified in accordance with law.
In these paragraphs, the respondent must reply to each and every allegation made and contention raised by the complainant, factual and legal as well. One may have, inter alia, following good defenses as well:
a. That the Traction entered between the parties to the above dispute is a commercial one and the complainant cannot claim any relief from this authority in as much as .
b. That the Complainant had purchased the goods as a seller/ retailer/ distributor, etc., for consideration of resale and as such is barred from moving this Honble for the alleged defect/ deficiency, etc., in as much as .
c. That the complainant has already availed the warranty period during which the answering respondent has repaired / replaced the goods in question. The Complainant is thus legally stopped from enforcing this complaint or to take benefit of his own wrong.
d. That the present complaint is an exaggeration beyond proportion despite the fact that the complainant himself is responsible for the delay and has on several occasions changed his option for class of goods/type of allotment scheme of flats/model of vehicle, etc.
e. That the answering respondent is well within his rights to charge extra price for the subject-matter of the above dispute in as much as time was not the essence of delivery thereof. The complainant is liable to pay the increased price on account of escalation due to excise duty / budgetary provisions, etc., in as much as .
f. That the complainant has accepted the goods and / or service towards repair/ replacement, ect, without protest and the present complaint is merely an after thought.
g. That without prejudice the answering respondent as a gesture of goodwill is prepared to (give details of rectification, if any, which can be done in case of minor or tolerable problems to avoid harassment to consumer and litigation problems).
The allegations of defect / default / negligence and / deficiency in service are wholly misconceived, groundless, false, untenable in law besides being extraneous and irrelevant having regard to the facts and circumstances of the matter under reference.
Prayer clause with all the submission made therein is absolutely wrong and is emphatically denied. Complainant is not entitled to any relief whatsoever and is not maintainable and is beyond the jurisdiction of this Honble Court and is liable to be dismissed summarily on this score alone and more fully set out in the preliminary objections. It is prayed that the complaint may kindly be dismissed with costs.
Verified at this ..day of 20 .