RTI to know your PAN Card status

edited September 2014 in Government Department
A citizen desirous of obtaining any information under the Right to Information Act shall approach the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) or Central Assistant Public Information Officer (CAPIO) as the case may be, and specify the particulars of the information sought by him or her. Such request will have to be made in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area in which the application is being made and will have to be accompanied with the prescribed fees. The CPIO or CAPIO as the case may be shall render all reasonable assistance to reduce the oral request in writing. An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.

In respect of all requests received from the citizens under the RTI Act 2005, the respective CPIO has to provide the information within 30 days of the receipt of the request failing which he is liable to a penalty of maximum upto Rs.25,000/- and possible disciplinary action. There is appellate mechanism under the RTI Act which can be used by citizens if they are not satisfied with response of CPIO. Appellate authorities have also been appointed by the Income Tax department.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I HAD GIVEN FILL UP PAN CARD FORM TO NSDL IN MARCH 2010. DUE TO THIS PROCEDURE I CANNOT RECEIVED MY PAN CARD YET, ITS LAST 6 MONTHS TO GO AND TILL DATE I HAVE NOT
    RECEVIED.
    I AM MUKESH KUMAR
    PAN CARD NO.-BOGPK5819A
    NSDL SITE SHOWING THIS MESSAGE
    Your PAN Application Status

Acknowledgement Number : 010100201953424
    Name : MUKESH KUMAR
    Category : Individual
    Status : Your PAN card has been delivered on 04-Apr-2010 by Expressit Logistics Worldwide Ltd. courier vide airway bill no. 2880161093,at the address for communication* indicated by you in the application.
    Permanent Account Number (PAN) : BOGPK5819A
  • edited November 2011

I have submitted my PAN card application with Acknowledgement No 522610253on 17-Oct-2011. Still I have not received any update.
  • pradeep jattanpradeep jattan Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    how can i know my pan card details ?all transaction carried out by my pan card ? how nuch i have to pay ? to which address?
  • edited May 2012
    Mera Pand Card Nahi AAya Acknowiedgment No. 011480200456653
  • edited March 2013
    I want to change name in the pan card as champa choudhury instead of champa pathak. So i submitted application with an affidavit along with school certificate, bank account statement, prc from d.c.kamrup (assam) where my name belongs as champa choudhury. I am a married hindu indian woman and living with my husband.my husband title is pathak.
    Utiits/guwahati branch rejected my application for change my name/title because of i am not divorcee. According to utiits/guwahati branch, divorce certificate must be submitted if my title change in the pan card.
    My question is has any rule in indian constitutions that it is necessary to divorce her husband if a married indian woman want to change her name or title after her marriage. If available kindly clarified the rule and photocopy of same sent to me. Thank you.
    I have filled a request for new pan card but I have yet not received my pan card. I have checked my application status online it shows "UNDER PROCESS"
    Details :