Sony Vaio E-Series Complaint

gvprabugvprabu Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Computer
Sony-Vaio.jpgHi,
IIts Venkatesh, I bought Sony laptop (VPCEB17FG) on 23rd of March 2010 at sony centre Digital Gadgets Sdn Bhd (591603-u) Low Yat Plaza The Price was 4000 RM. within a month Had problems in speakers (Left side speakers are not functioning and Right side speakers sometimes shows same symptom). Regarding this I Reclaimed in Sony Service centre on 04-05-2010 (Reclaim No : EIA06984). I gave my laptop But for one week I didn’t got any call, Then Last week 12-05-2010 I called again then only I know the spare parts are not in stock it will take another 15 to 20 days. So I cancel the reclaim and collected my laptop. I sent a Mail to Service center but No reply.

Model NO : VPCEB17FG/B E1

Serial No : 7002222

Warranty No : 1098028104

Reclaim No : EIA06984

Venkatesh Prabu.G

Comments

• Sony IndiaSony India Senior Member
    edited May 2010

Greetings from Sony India Team,

Request you to contact our Customer Care Center 1800-103-7799 (Toll free) for assistance.

Warm Regards,
    edited May 2010

Warm Regards
  • edited August 2010
    i bought a new sony vaio E series VPCEB26FG
    it hasnt even been 2 months and the left side speakers are not working !!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Sony India wrote: »

Warm Regards,
    Sony India Team

i BOUGHT A SONY VAIO SERIES VPCEB26FG WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM ( 64 bit )
    HARD DISK DRIVE 500 GB / MEMORY 4 GB AND IT HAS ONLY BEEN 2 MONTHS AND THE LEFT SIDE SPEAKERS ARE NOT WORKING !!!!!!!!1 I BOUGHT IT FROM THE SONY CENTER IN BHAJARAHILLS RD 12 !
    edited September 2010
    @awaise alvi -

Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Have you reported this problem at our toll-free helpline 1800-103-7799
    If not, then please do it. They will be able to assist you on this matter. This is a third party forum and will not provide you any help in solving your problem.
    Sony India Team.
  • edited December 2010
    Sony vaio e series laptops are not successful..plz stop their production..
    edited December 2010

There is certainly some miscommunication here. The market feedback for VAIO E series has been very positive. Rest of course the performance of all electronic items depends on its usage as well. Have you faced any problem with the VAIO E laptop? Please report it at our official helpline 1800-103-7799

• edited January 2011
    i bought sony vpceb14en and its having a really bad battery life and also takes a lot of time to boot...
    i have costumer care and after recovering the whole system it still takes a lot time to boot...
    i have an i3 330m processor i.e. 2.13 ghz but now e series is coming with 350m i.e. 2.26 ghz...
    i think the hardware is not appropriate to handle the system's requirements...
    edited January 2011

Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your name, adress, contact details and complaint no. with us. It will help us in assisting you better.

Sony India Team.
  • edited January 2011
    <AUTO> 'SonyIndia=006-822-757' Sony Vaio VPCEB1AGG

Awaiting for the response.

Further your phone no 180011188 is not working. Why giving a wrong number to make fool to customers???

L. G. Kewlani

I purchased Sony Vaio VPCEB1AGG in July’10. After purchase of 1 month I am find regular problems with it. Again the problem occurred in Nov’10 and got it repaired (recovery) from Mehta E-store –Noida on 22nd Nov’10. 3rd time problem occurred on 17th Jan’11. I sent it to JAYPEE ELECTRONICS C-54 GROUND FLOOR SECTOR - 2 NOIDA-201301 on 20.01.11. They informed that the HARD DISC is crashed and needs replacement. They replaced the HARD disc and returned it on 24.01.11

After starting the laptop on 24.01.10, we still find problem of some abnormal, irritating sound of clicks every 20 to 25 seconds.

The Kind of things are surprising and unexpected like from sony.

Luckily the laptop was in warrant period otherwise there would have been financial loss also I lost precious data..

Is it that E-series laptop are faulty once. I am thankful that sony arranged to replace the hard disc but feel If there are manufacturing defects, I should get the replacement.

Please respond

L. G. Kewlani
    edited February 2011

Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Hope your concern has been resolved now. Please be informed that the toll-free helpline no. for Sony India Pvt. Ltd. is 1800-103-7799. We have mentioned it in our earlier post as well. You can also get in touch with us at sonyindia.care@ap.sony.com We shall be happy to help you with all your concerns.

• edited February 2011
    I have purchased a sony Vaio Laptop dated on 12.12.2010 , I am facing so many problem , I have lost my belief toward Sony Product.
    Within month , hard disk crashed after so many follow-up (a week) I got new hard disk, after couple of day laptop LCD got fed (grey screen) now i came to know its going to change.
    I have talked to Sony customer care executive he suggested to go customer care centre , I have got tired to so many follow-up and regular problem in Laptop.

Other side my two friend purchased DELL & HP respectively and they enjoy their Laptop performance.

This time I think for replacement because further problem in laptop I cannot bother.

LAPTOP- VPCEA22EN
    S/N-275071767000456
    Service TAG- C60588w9
    Complaint No. 6944186 2nd time
  • edited March 2011
    Ever since I bought this laptop from Jumbo Electronics. I am facing problem with the tochpad and the Wifi connector.

I have visited the service centre (club Electronics) they formatted and cleaned and reformated the system but touch pad problem remains. Have interacted with other E series users at the service centre and all compain of the same problem.

I have been hassled as am unable to work on my laptop without getting stuck or using an external mouse and its tiring and really taxing to take out time to keep visiting the service centre. when i should be using this 50K machine to work.

I want an honest reply from sony as to why don't they accept that this series of laptops do have genuine touch pad problem and then do something about it.

Munish Chopra
    munish.k.c@gmail.com

Model : VPCEB26FG
    Serial No. 27507287 7004713
    hello sir,
    i bought a sony vaio laptop before 1 month of E series.whose battary bakeup is very low when battary is fully charged it go only 1 hour.now compare the other laptop like-dell.whose battary bakeup is super ,so pls if u have no solution for this battary problem then stop his production.
  • edited April 2011
    FHD videos split pixelise and show a highly jerky playback on my lappy VPCEB366FG.
    I've already tried a bundle of players but either the framerate is affected or the previous problem persists.I've tried everything except formatting my pc
    Is it a software problem or do i hv 2 go to the service centr coz the problem has now expanded its horizons to 720p videos too??
    Hi All,

My name is Mubashir Aslam Khan, i have purchased the sony vaio note book and it was very good, till i submit the same at sony vaio service center nehru place. I have problem with touch pad click, it was bit hard but i was able to use it. After submitting the laptop at the service center, whcih they fixed within four hrs and i was very impressed, but when i reached home, i found out my speakers are not working, they produce the sound like there is no signal with FM radio. I went back and complaint for the same. They then confirmed that speakers are damaged, i confirmed how they said why are you worried , this your machine is under warranty, we will fix it for free, i kept quite as soon as it was for free, but they said we need to order the part and will take two working days, i had no choice but had to wait for the same. Unfortunately i waited for 12 days and called there customer service four times and they said it will come from singapore and you need to wait and then i got call after 15 days and got my speakers fixed, but once again need to submit my laptop there and i was not feeling good for the same. So the person who got me the Job sheet for the same for submitting the laptop, i made sure with him about the laptop and in front of him i got him everything checked and he confirmed and said yes everthg is ok no scratch on laptop and its is good shape. They asked me to wait for another four hrs as he they its lunch time, i waited by roaming in nehru place. When i went to the center gain, they said yes its done and shock was they said why are you using the microsoft security essentials security software we can provide you anti virus kaspersky and clearly said its recommended by sony vaio, i declined. I went home and tried to check my speakers it worked good for only one song and stopped compleatly the same and i was so pissed off and called the customer care. they appologised and said we will escalte the case and you will receive the call back wtill 4pm today and disconnected. but i didnt recieved the call, call back they said tommorow. Now that i ahve called sony vaio cmr service 4 times and they are arranging call back thats what they promise. Now that i felt taht my laptop is making more noise and found out two screws are missing and my dvd drive is not working either. I am completely blank now what to do. Please suggest me the best way.

Mubashir Khan

• edited April 2011
    i bought my laptop vpcea25fa last september. its barely 7 months and its malfunctioning. just yesterday i was m watching something on it and the volume just ceased. i did not even go near the laptop talkless touch it. im still in shock, highly devastated AND DISAPPOINTED that such will happen to a sony laptop. i mean i thought sony was a renowed and reputable electronics company. obviously i thought wrong!!!!! i bought this laptop for a little over a $1000 and now im regretting and biting my fingers for not getting a macbook instead of this LOW QUALITY rubbish that i got for such a dear price. this is HIGHLY unacceptbable. i have used toshiba, hp and even lenovo laptops and i NEVER experienced any of this.

I NOTICED FROM THIS PAGE THAT YOU HAVE HAD NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR MODEL YET BECAUSE OF YOUR FINANCIAL GAINS AND GREED YOU DID NOT HAVE THE DECENCY TO DEEM IT FIT TO RECALL THE COMPUTERS.

im very glad 2 say i shall NEVER patronise you again henceforth, and i will NEVER recommend you to anyone i know. instead i will happily and proudly DISCOURAGE people from patronizing any of your unreliable and worthless products. even the nigerian made zinox computers and acer computers are much better than this nonsense you sell so expensive! KMFT!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!
  • edited May 2011

Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Could you please share your complaint no. with us, we will require this information in order to assist you further. You may also call us at 1800-103-7799 for assistance in this concern.

• edited May 2011
    I bought Sony Vaio E series in June 2010. The dard disc for the same got crashed in october but was replaced by the service station. Yesterday again the same problem. The hard disc got crashed and i have provided it to the service station for repairs.
    It seems that there is definitely some error with the laptop.
    The cost of repairs seems to be very high for the future(about 25% of the cost of the goods). More than that, its the value of data that is lost and also lost is the confidence of the customer in any sony product.

Ashish Seth
    ashish_seth_24@rediffmail.com
  • niteshmittalniteshmittal Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    I too have this shit of piece from sony : E series /VPCEA23EN

This is a crap of hardware. Sony should stop their notebook production. Expense bundle of shit.

Its not been 3months and my harddisk crashed. These guys took 16 days to replace that.

Now its RAM is corrupted and machine is heating like a coal.

You call their customer care people and they are just sitting their to show u the way to the service centre.

Service center people are the big bosses and they will just ask you to leave your machine with them as you have just purchased your machine to replace its hardware components in one or two months .

Why sony not replace the machine or return the money when their are so many problems in its hardware.

Poor quality check of sony. Greeatly dissatisfied with sony....~, i will never buy any item of sony from future.

Really wasted my hard earned money . In the same configuration machine Dell machine could be more than 7000Rs cheaper and good quality and onsite services.

Really made a mess for my urgent work, for my worst decision in life.., buying this sony stupid vaio laptop.
  • edited June 2011
    I bought new Laptop of sony Vaio E-Series Model No.-VPCEA33EN. After one month my laptop screen destroted from left side I visit to sony service center gurgoan with my laptop and they said this laptop is damage but they are failed to prove.
    edited June 2011
    @lalitmakkar - Dear Sir,

Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your complaint no. with us. We will need this information in order to assist you better.

• tejasghutukadetejasghutukade Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Respected Sir
    I have purchased a sony laptop VPCEA23EN E-series in november 2010 and 2 weeks back its harddisk was courrupted which was replaced by the sony's service center people at vashi but today the replaced hard disk got courrupted too.
    kindly guide me through this.
    edited July 2011
    @tejasghutukade -

• Homebrew2Homebrew2 Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    I've read up a lot about these laps and have been found common with issues. The one I have been working on has a screen issue. I didn't think the screen was working at all to begin with. I connected it to and external monitor and it displayed fine but not on its own monitor.

Finally I happened to noticed movement on its own screen. It is displaying but so faint that you have to study it for a short while in the exact right light and can just make out some things one the screen but not others and certainly not enough to work with it. We had 3 techs crawling all over it today at work with frustration until I noticed this faintest movement. We changed everything possible to make it display including the obvious, (contrast, brightness etc), but nothing worked. Clearly, (Pardon the pun), the backing light has failed in the screen.

This lap is a lousy 1 month out of warranty and Sony Customer Service refuse to honor the warranty. Never in my life have I seen a company refuse to honor a warranty on a product when it's this little time out of Warranty. Any true manufacturers, if they really believe in their product sincerely, ever cowardly walk away from their product this low in hours ex warranty.

I guess we all learn something new, every day. It's almost like they do know this series have problems.

If Sony Customer Service ever wishes to reconsider the belief in their own products, please feel free to post a reply and toll free number once more for repair on this lap.
    edited August 2011
    @Homebrew2 - Dear Sir,
    Regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your complaint no. with us. We will need this information in order to assist you further. You may also call us at our toll-free helpline at 1800-103-7799 or write to us at sonyindia.care@ap.sony.com for assistance on your concerns.

• rohan2001sterrohan2001ster Junior Member
    HI,
    I tried calling on your official helpline from my mobile..it says this is not an valid number. I also tried calling mumbai service center number but coudnt't get through. I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN, suppenly my laptop speakers have stopped working. When the headset is plugged in, i can hear the sound, but the onboard speakers are not working. I reinstalled all the audio drivers , but no effect. Please provide a number where i can call and i willl be able to get through. This is really bad for the reputation of Sony, that a recently bought laptop is starting to give problems within a span of a year.

Sony India wrote: »

@rohan2001ster

Hope you are just dialling our toll-free helpline no. 1800-103-7799 without adding any other codes or nos. Our helpline no. can be dialled from the mobile also without any hassles. Further you may mail us your concerns at sonyindia.care@ap.sony.com

You can also visit us at the nearest Sony service centre for assistance on this concern. Please find the address & contact nos for all Sony service centres here Service Centres : Access Service Information : Support : Sony India

• anjalisadawarteanjalisadawarte Junior Member
    hello sir,
    my laptop is in warranty period but now it is not starting at all and is automatically shutting down when got started for a while....it was not the first time although....i faced the same problem some days ago and preferred to go to sony vaio service centre and they said that it was some hard disc problem and gave me a new replaced hard disc after that it got started for not more than three times and now again after some days there is same problem with my laptop...please suggest me a proper solution regarding my problem..
    @anjalisadawarte

Dear Madam,

Have you visited our service centre for assistance on this concern? Please share your complaint no. with us. We will need this information in order to assist you further.
    You may also call us at our toll-free helpline at 1800-103-7799 or write to us at sonyindia.care@ap.sony.com for assistance on your concerns. This is a third-party forum and will not help you in any way.