Complaint against makemytrip.com

I had a bad experience with makemytrip.com. My email to them posted about 6 hrs back explains my case. Please assist me because now i'm getting a feeling that all the inconvenience to the customers is not a 'one odd case' but the company's intentional attitude. And I don't want them to escape so easily. My email send today 6 hrs before is as follows:
I am Squadron Leader Rajesh Sharma, serving in Indian Air Force. Reference is made to my booking Id IN1003B05916. I have the following to say:

1. Flight booking was done on 15 Mar 10 for Kingfisher flight from Mumbai to Bhuj for 03 (three) passengers for the travel on 27 Mar 10.

2. I received an SMS from you regarding the conformation of same which is still saved on my sim card.

3. This was a connecting flight for me as I was moving from Nagpur to Bhuj.Travel from Nagpur to Mumbai was by Indian Airlines. Also, I want to bring out this to your notice that
I was moving on posting from Nagpur to Bhuj along with my wife and small daughter and 60 Kgs of luggage.

4. After reaching Mumbai, I was told by Kingfisher that there is no booking on mine or my family's name.On contacting your staff on customer care number, same was told
by your executive and i was told that my money of the amount Rs. 12063/- will be refunded to me in next 48 hours.

5. I was stuck in helpless situation as no seats were available for that day; neither in Kingfisher and nor in Jet Airways.(Only these two flights operate from Mumbai to Bhuj.) . There is no one in Mumbai who is known to me. In such a critical situation, I was running around from one terminal to another, requesting( rather literally begging) from one window to another, along with my wife, my 4 year old daughter and 60 Kgs of luggage. Moreover, I was also not having much cash with me at that point of time.

6. However, by God's grace, I was lucky enough. Due to few cancellations, Kingfisher was able to accommodate me and my family in their flight at the last moment.

7. From that day onwards. I have been calling regularly for my refund. The details for the calls made before 01 Apr 10 are not with me but the calls made and emails send on
and after 01 Apr 10 are as follows:

(i) 01 Apr 10- 1205 Hrs-Spoke to your Executive Kirti. Told by her that system is slow.

(ii) 16 Apr 10- 0750 Hrs- Spoke to your Executive Shakti- He said, he will do the needful.

(iii) 19 Apr 10- 1700 Hrs- Spoke to your Executive Manisha- She said, refund will be send in next 72 Hrs. complaint number given was IN1004R0053905.

(iv) 29 Apr 10- 1115 Hrs- Spoke to your Executive Rohit Sharma- Told by him that i should send my bank statement to service@makemytrip.com . Complaint number was 100429009490. Also updated my phone number from 9665017681 to 9974540710.

(v) 30 Apr 10- Emailed my bank statement to service@makemytrip.com.

(vi) 01 May 10 2010 - recieved email from you that I should send the bank statement in PDF format and not in MS Word.

(vii) 03 May 2010 Hrs- Emailed bank statement in PDF format to service@makemytrip.com

(viii) 10 May 10- 0945 Hrs- Spoke to your Executive Amarjeet. He said he'll do the needful.

8. In regard to my case, I have the following demands:

(I) Refund of Rs 12063/- WITH INTEREST.

(II) Compensation of Rs 50,000/- for the Mental Harassment and agony that me , my family and my 4 year daughter have gone through because of your company apart from the financial turbulence caused.

9. This is for your information and necessary action.

ALSO, the reply that i got from them after the recipt of this email is as follows:

Greetings from MakeMyTrip!

At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay at our end.

With reference to your e-mail, you’re Booking Id IN1003B05916, we kindly request you to send us the scanned copy of your bank statement in a PDF format because your booking was not confirm and your payment was also not received by Makemytrip so we have to escalate this case to the concern department for that please provide us the bank statement

Sir, we requesting you to kindly call us on our toll free number, So that we can assist you further.

For any further assistance we are available round the clock on our toll free number 1-800-11-8747 (MTNL/BSNL)/1-800-102-8747 (All Major Mobile Operators)/ 95124-4628700 (Any Landline).You may also write to us through reply email or writing to Service@MakeMyTrip.com or visit us at Flights, Cheap Hotels at MakeMyTrip - India's No 1 Travel Site | Guaranteed Low Cost Air Tickets, Bus, Book Holiday Packages & Rail Tours Online

We value your business with us and look forward in assisting you with all your travel plans.

Rohit Anand

MakeMyTrip (India) Pvt. Ltd.

103 Udyog Vihar Phase I

Gurgaon -122016 (Haryana)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    hi
    i am ajitabh gandhi i cancelled my internatinal ticket from delhi to toronto on 24th april 2010, i was givena time of 7 working days but till date {21st may 2010} my refund of rs 87668 is not recieved,i call them so many times but there agents keep on giving me further time,{ 1st agent name Bhupender Singh Rana 2/5/10, 2nd mandeep singh 4/5/10 3rdBhupender Singh Rana again on 5/6/10,Manisha Sharma on 7/5/10 Shashi Mishra on 13/5/10 Karamdeep on 17/5/10 hitesh on 20/5/10
    and some more names which i forgot

i also contacted there floor superwisors {mr bala on 7th may 2010,mr jagjit singh on 17/5/10 and ms sarbjeet on 20/5/10}
    but all seems in vain now i m flying on 26th may 2010 and need my refund very badly

kindly help me out from this make my life hell company

AJITABH GANDHI
    e mail ajitabhgandhi@yahoo.com
    my make my trip id is Booking ID: IN1002B05650
  • sarvajitksarvajitk Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    When will I get my refund back ? And also i have a query that when any infant is assisted by her parents, how can you confirm the infant ticket only, when you know that an infant cannot travel alone. Please reply asap.
    Below is the details of the ticket given below.

Flight Details MakeMyTrip Booking ID : FLT000015986522
    19 May 10 IN1005R0047154 Rs. 0 Rs. 16,842 Check Status

regard,
    SARVAJIT KUMAR
    Dear Mr. Sharma,

With reference to your post, kindly note that the refund for your Booking ID FLT000014434102 has been processed. You can expect the same to reflect in your account within 5 business days or as per your bank's procedure.

Dear Mr. Kumar,

With reference to your post, kindly note that the processing of your refund is underway.

We regret the delay and inconveneince caused.

• edited July 2010
    I unfortunately chosen this website - to book an international flight on 30th July 2010 from Dubai to Chennai on 4th jul 2010 in Air India , After making the payment , I recieved a mail from Makemytrip.com with a Booking Reference ID - FAEINT100010815975 stating that, due to a communication error, we were unable to process your booking request .

I have sent several mails and made several calls to the international tollfree - 800- 01- 46342 and india office number - 00911244628747 and so far i havent recieved any mails/calls. since my travel date is nearing, i have also sent mails and made calls for cancellation of the booking process and to refund the money which debited from my credit card. for this also no one replied back yet.

I am totally frustated and depressed with the customer service of Makemytrip.com , i want you to resolve this issue and refund my ticket cost of 761 AED as soon as possible as i need to pay back my dues before leaving this country.I dont want to be charged unnecessarily. pls keep this in mind and process the cancellation and i dont want to follow up again again for this problem.

Pls find the details

Booking Reference no - FAEINT100010815975
    Complaint Reference no - 100702-011019
    Amount Debited - 761 AED

I have also enclosed the snapshot of the confirmation from MakeMytrip & my bank statement in the mail. I have also sent my mail to all the mail ids - Service@MakeMyTrip.com; Internationalbookings@makemytrip.com; triphelp@makemytrip.com; guestcare@makemytrip.com
  • srinath srinivasansrinath srinivasan Junior Member
    edited July 2010

Pls find the details

Booking Reference no - FAEINT100010815975
    Complaint Reference no - 100702-011019
    Amount Debited - 761 AED

• edited October 2010
    stay away from makemytrip.com... recently I purchased air tickets for my family from their web site in US and used my credit card.... they have a New York office mentioned on their web site but charged my credit card from India causing me 3% of Foreign Transaction Fee.... upon request, as reported in the first post, they asked me the proof of my credit card bill and promised a refund of the FTF.... I sent the proof but never got any refund as promised... when I called them aging, they said they will escalate the issue to their finance department.... many days have passed since then but never received any response or a refund
  • edited October 2010
    I had the misfortune of Booking on MakeMyTrip.com India website for a Hyderabad-Newark OneWay flight on Air India on 13th October 2010. After all confirmations, the system said "Communications Error, please retry". I called MakeMy Trip team after a little bit of hassle, there is no option on IVR for problems, it has only new booking and existing booking and the third is general info!? Anyway after much hassle I got a customer agent by the name Rahul (email: rahul@makemytrip.com) who confirmed that my Amex card was indeed was charged $841 or so by mistake but the system could not confirm my ticket as price increased meantime! He said the transaction was still in Cache so he could not do anything, he said he made a note of my transaction, details etc and promised to address it. He even gave me his email ID to which I emailed but no response. I called Amex US immediately and they did confirm a charge for $837.39 on the 13th Oct. I kept calling them subsequently and one time Abhilasha took the call and said she would have some one call me back. No has called me back in the last 5 days. I have no option but to raise a dispute with Amex on this charge. I hope some one from MakeMyTrip calls me.

I had a very bad experience last May where MakeMyTrip did not/was not willing to change my return ticket dates... I was given a runaround, I checked with Jet Airways and Continental Airlines and each of they confirmed MakeMyTrip issued the ticket and that I needed to talk to them as MMT had made an erroneous ticketing process. MakeMyTrip simply did not do anything for a week and I ended up buying a new ticket.

Class Action Suit anyone? I am pissed off at MakeMyTrip, now that they are listed in US, they better be paying attention to customer care, there is none to speak of, as of now.

-Ashok
  • edited November 2010
    I booked a flight from MakeMyTrip. The first problem I had with them were the highly abnormal problems I experienced while booking the ticket. First they asked me for all my passport data. This is not data that is required to book with other major sites like Expedia and Orbitz.

Next they charged my credit card before they booked my ticket. I was able to get them to issue my ticket only after I called and pushed on them hard.

I was then surprised to have been charged a "foreign transaction fee" associated with the transaction. There was no reference to this fee whatsoever on their website, and they are a NY based business using a US website.

Moreover I am far from the first to experience this problem. There are many others that have experienced similar problems, some of whom were able to get the fee refunded by MakeMyTrip. For some reason, not only did they not refund me, but also they have not even responded to my inquiry regarding the charge - neither confirming nor denying it. Their customer service has simply gone silent.

In sum, they exhibit numerous highly questionable business practices, some of which seem fradulent.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi I had booked a ticket from Heahtrow to Delhi and a return ticket through customer care (Deepika Khatri) and was told that ticket can not be cancelled however can be kept open for next 12 months.

I called again as i had to keep the ticket open due to change in the travel date,I was given a reference number Reference ID: [101211-005168] and was told that ticket is open now and i will get also get a confirmation mail, till now there is no response after repeated mails and calls to helpline, am being put onhold after disclosing the booking id (is it being done knowingly with wrong intentions)

This is infact harrasment of the customer, I have a mail trail as well which was even written to in.escalate id of makemytrip

requesting help and response as this is not a small amount paid.

I need to keep this ticket open, let me know if u need all the mail trails as well.

Shariq
  • edited December 2010
    Hi All,
    A while ago i booked ticket from Bangalore to U.S on lufthansa but just after the payment is made through ICICI internet banking the session had expired and when i contact the customer care they say that they are not aware of flight booking under my name.However the amount is being dedcuted from my bank account.Iam furnishing the details below

Ticket Itenary from Bangalore to JFK,Newyork
    Ticket booked for 19th,sunday dec 2010

Firstname:harikrishnan
    Last Name:Lakshminarayanan

Contact no:8147703298

email id:xplorehari@gmail.com

Ticket fare:31,620 INR

Kindly look in to this asap as the amount is deducted from my bank but no refund was made neither the ticket was sent.

Harikrishnan.L
  • ICICI Bank CareICICI Bank Care Senior Member
    edited December 2010

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made a note of your contact number. We will get in touch with you at the earliest.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.
  • edited January 2011

this is with reference to the booking no: NN251751516422.

I spoke to the cutomer care executive Adiraj and he suggested that cancellation charges to the flight is 8000rs from British airways(BA) end . but however when i checked for the same with BA executive they confirmed that is only6300rs.

more importantly the saddeds part is adiraj kept fooling me around with some false informations. He said that he will mail that information confirming that 8000 is the charges from BA end though he initially resisted and then he disconnected the call . i never got the mail and hence since then i have called thecall centre thrice and they all said it is not possible to send the mail. if such is the case why fool around the customer? I wanted to speak to there manager pankaj kumar but then they never connect to him.can someone help me with this to find if it is a problem with make my trip end or from BA end.

I am also scared not to cancel the ticket as i could see a lot of blogs suggsting bad customer support on refund charges from makemytrip end.
  • edited April 2011

I was charged twice for the tkt booked. I have the complaint number IN1103B06832 . Every time i call them they say refund is processed and it will reflect in my account after 72hrs, its been now more than 2 month but have not received any refund. In last communication now they are saying I will have to follow up with the Icici bank because they have not received money. Please help me here.
  • edited May 2011
    I had booked 2 tickets from US to Egypt for December 2010 through makemytrip.com. All flights were canceled by the airlines due to bad weather. The airlines promised to refund the entire amount. I called makemytrip.com and they confirmed that since the airlines cancelled the flights, I would get a full refund, but it will take a while. I waited for 2 months and contacted makemytrip.com. They claimed they never got the refund from the airlines and asked me to try after 48 hours. I did. Still no status. Try after 48 hours. This went on for 4 times. I then called the airlines directly, and they told me that they had refunded the entire amount back in Jan 2011 and even offered the check numbers. All the while, makemytrip.com kept saying that they haven't gotten the nearly $2200 refund from the airlines. After a few more calls, makemytrip tracked down the refund from airlines and credited my account. But they have credited $60 less. I tried multiple times to reach to the customer manager, Abhinandan to find out why the difference, and I never heard back. This is unacceptable when the company cannot account for missing refund amount. Really really disappointed with makemytrip.com. Over the last 2 years, I have purchased tickets worth close to $6000 from them with the goal of giving business to my home country company. Seems disappointing to end up being robbed for showing support.
  • edited June 2011
    I have booked the rail ticket on 1.5.2011. and also cancelled same day on 1.5.2011. but almost one month over. but till now not yet received the Money. Pls do the needful.
  • edited October 2011
    hi
    i am yogesh padole , i have make my booking on 14 octber 2011 of the nagpur - delhi flight and delhi - nagpur flight. The travel date is 29th october 2011 and was given the detailes about the confermation of travel on 17th october.There was a miistake in the ticket about the name yogesh padole and was instead given yogesh ahmed and was done by an agent named astha ( ph no-01166418897). The total no of passengers were 7.As i came to know about the mistake in the ticket i tried to sort it out with the make my trip team but it was prolonged by the team saying thety are looking in the matter and will get in touch with me in 24 hrs.For 8 days i kept calling makemytrip team but nothing was done from their end.As i am travelling with my family and now no tickets are available on that flight as i am told on 26th october 2011 to cancle my ticket and make new booking for that passenger.I am not even given any status on the cancellation charges of the ticket and the difference amount for the new ticket which is twice the price what i booked in the first place.
  • edited November 2011
    A nightmare look good in front of makemytrip agents. I have booked a Thailand trip with your makemytrip agent cause I thought you have a name a reputation. Just after 3 days, cause of a mishap in my family I had to cancel the trip and it's now almost 5 months I have not been refunded my payment of 15 thousand rupees. The travel agent is not even picking up my phone. This is what you offer?? harassment.

I'll make very sure that I'll spread bad word of mouth and will update every living person I know and I don't know in hope that nobody ever get evolved with a fraud company like yours.

My details:
    Name: Simran Sangha
    Address: #910 UE Phase 1, Jalandhar, 144001

Makemytrip agent, Jalandhar: Yogesh
  • edited November 2011
    From ICICI bank we have come to know that you have made a double claim on the transaction which a gross mistake which will not be tolerated in future. Act immediately and undo the damage.
    Details of the flight:
    Flight Number: AI-981 from Chennai to Hyderabad
    Thursday 3rd November 15.45 flight.
    Passengers - G Manasa Bhargavi and G Aditya
  • mintumanojmintumanoj Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    i booked 1 ticket from kolkata to silchar on 14 oct.(booking id-nf2513811605042) but the amount Rs. 11037/- was deducted twice. ur customer support staff told me it would be refunded within 72 hours, but in vain. then again i made contact with ur staff and one Ms Vimakshi asked for bank statement. i sent it to
    vimakshi.bhola@makemytrip.com, but again in vain. no response. again sent a mail asking the status. but ur esteem service(????!!!) again failed to reply. now almost 1 month. no respose from such a reknowned company like yours. now should i move consumer court for the refund or wait for infinite time…. i’m in a dilemma! let me know if u read it. till date i’ve called customer service staff more than hundred time wasting my time, but without input. sometimes u should try ur given ph nos.; u’ll realise how long u need to wait to talk to ur staff. pathetic service!!!
    Manoj kumar choudhury
    Dear Manoj,

With reference to your post above, please note that our customer service representative will contact you within 24 hours to assist you further.

If you do not hear from us within that time, please write to us at triphelp@makemytrip.com and quote your Booking ID or reference number so we can retrieve details of your reservation promptly.

Dear Manoj,

With reference to your post, please note that our representative has contacted you regarding your refund case. You were requested to mail the bank statement but you've mailed your ATM slip. You haven't mailed your bank statement yet as asked by our representative continuously for further processing of refund if any. You can mail the same at triphelp@makemytrip.com for further assistance.

• vaibhav_uavaibhav_ua Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    I booked two tickets to Mumbai from Indianapolis and air line changed the schedule. Due to which Makemytrip gave me option of
    canceling my ticket and full refund.
    It's been more than 4 weeks now since the ticket was cancelled and refund was generated.
    I have not received my money back.

My reference Id is 111028-002902

It's so frustrating and annoying that we have to wait this long to get our own money back.

I have been getting different answers everytime I call or email makemytrip.

Do not wait until I give up my patience.
  • CustomerservicehellCustomerservicehell Junior Member
    edited December 2011
    Make my trip is the worst travel agency.
    I booked a flight from Delhi to Goa and when I booked it, it reflected being a non stop flight. My e-ticket says its non-stop flight and so does my account on the website, however it turns out that the flight is not non stop, it flies via Bombay. After spending over 3 hours on the phone with their customer representatives there was nothing they could do. All I wanted was a change in flight to a direct non stop flight at their expense since they admitted that their was a complete error on their part, in their system, So when they fully admit they've made a mistake why can't they fully rectify it. This is the worst company I have ever come across and they have the audacity to tell me, I should've known this earlier - like all I do all day long is look at their website when in fact the first day I made a complaint and asked to speak to the supervisor, I was told he would call me within 2 hours. I got no such call. I have spoken to people at every level at their customer support center and my next step is to go to their customer support head office. Them being 'sorry for the inconvenience' is really of no use to me. Misleading and misrepresenting customers is what they do best.
    Any suggestions on what else could be done?
  • akash.abbiakash.abbi Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    Makemytrip worst n most unreliable site....
    I booked a to and fro ticket from Delhi to Goa on 15 Dec 2011 worth Rs.10986. Due to to some urgent work i canceled my ticket on 30 Dec 2011. After canceling i was suppose to get a refund of around Rs. 8000. But i got only Rs.5171, when i called the customer care of makemytrip they simply said we cant do anything,we are not responsible for your money.
    Please tell me to whom i can complaint for this. I want my money back........
  • k.bhatnagar19k.bhatnagar19 Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    I would like to bring this to your notice that i have booked a ticket for Delhi to Singapore for 17th Apr, and when I booked the ticket the timing information on the portal was 05:55 AM departure and 02:20 PM arrival at Singapore. Even after booking the ticket I received the confirmation email from make my trip confirming the booking Id along with the same timing. However the E ticket sent to me has different timing 06:55 Am departure from Delhi and 03:20 PM arrival. I would like to check and revert on the same as I have another flight booked at 4;30 Pm from Singapore to Bali the only reason i booked this flight is just I was getting 2 hours time to change for the flights. Kindly check and revert and please get this rectified
    Please find attached the E ticket and confirmation sent by Make my trip with incorrect timings.
    My Booking Id no. : NN251562468518
    My complaint no. : IN1202r0040909

• sahil khansahil khan Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    hi,

this is sahil.
    my make my trip booking id is : nf2202015729207
    i had tried to book flight through them from Mumbai to Chandigarh . i was doing it on web . their site was showing available seats from Mumbai to Chandigarh but when i made ma payment that was of rs 13086 it showed that my booking failed .they had booked my flight from Delhi to Chandigarh when i was in Mumbai and they charged me from Mumbai to Chandigarh.how would it be possible for me to catch a flight from Delhi when m in Mumbai. they had refunded some of my amount but note refunding for flight that was booked form Delhi to Chandigarh. these guys are making fool out of the people firstly they say they have available seats then what they do is just book you for half .how it would be a possible for me and my wife to catch a flight from Delhi when m in Mumbai. i tried a lot contact them but they are not paying any attention. i mail them regularly but no response . please i make humble request to take a step against them it is really an harassment form these guys. i don't want other middle class people to suffer.
  • abhaymehtaabhaymehta Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Travelling abroad for honeymoon and making it memorable is what any couple dreams of. We too thought of making this trip most memorable ever. For this we started planning months in advance. We figured out the destinations and even booked flights on our own. Post that, we got in touch with MakeMyTrip ahmedabad to give us a detailed itenary. We were given an itenary by makemytrip, but we were not satisfied with the list of hotels(3 star) given to us. Hence, we decided to search and decide hotels all by ourselves. After 3 days of research we finalized the hotels where we intended to stay. Post that we decided to talk to makemytrip. But being in surat i wanted a local representative. I spoke to Mr. Ashish of Aaramtours and was convinced that you are dedicated to providing an awesome experience to us. I shared the list of hotels well in advance with you(the list was sent on 3mar and final change of hotel from Coconut Village to Amari Coral resort,phuket was indicated to you on 6th mar). We made the first installment of payment on 7th because you said you wanted to go ahead and book the hotels. And since then when being asked if the hotels have been booked, you always said that "Yes they are booked. You dont worry". And on 17th Mar (2 days before our trip), Mr Prateik (claiming to be from MakeMyTrip) calls me and tells me that 2 rooms in Amari have been confirmed and 1 is still on waiting list. On such short notice you suddently change your plan and expect us to give new hotel options in few minutes? how is that possible? Here are the list of problems that we have already faced - 1) VISA - We gave all the necessary documents well on time and we were promised VISAS for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Of which, we were given Malaysia VISA on 18th(just a day before arrival) and told to do Thailand Visa on arrival (last moment) and did not get Singapore visa. It was given to us on our trip at the very final moment (by email and we had to search for internet parlor for taking the printout). I was here to enjoy my Honeymoon and not search and roam for internet options and worry about Singapore Visa. 2) We were promised Private transfer for all 6 of us. But the moment we reached Bangkok, we were made to wait for 2 hours for the Govt. Bus Service and we were transfered to Pattaya in Bus with 45 other members. Even after reaching Pattaya, for all the transfers (coral island show) we were transfered with 2-3 more groups. 3) In the final tour itenary given to us for Pattaya, ALCAZAR show was included. But the agent Mr. Noi at Pattaya informed us that he is not aware of the ALCAZAR being included for all the 6 of us. We called atleast 15 times to india to talk to the Thailand Agency and clear the confusion. Please not that we have booked our entire tour with MakeMyTrip so that we dont have to arrange for anything here. But it seems like we are arranging every little thing and paying thousands extra on making phone calls. 4) Coming to Bangkok, in our final itenary we were given Bangkok City Tour on day 1. But City Tour did not happen... Nobody contacted us and we were directly transfered to the Baiyoke Sky Hotel. 5) On the second day of Bangkok, we were promised a Pick up for Tiger Temple at 5 am in the morning and come back by 11 am and go to Safari World/Marine Park after that. And a night before the pick up, we get a call from local agent saying Both CANNOT Happen. Only 1 of the 2 things can happen. We were so disappointed with this that we decided to cancel and not go anywhere. Because we were spending our entire honeymoon time on calling people to india and coordinating with local people here in thailand. 6) 2 of us were travelling one day before the other 4. We were told that the cost for the 2 of us will be given seperately. We were traveling on 19th March to Pattaya and on 17th Mar morning, i got a call from Mr. Prateik that Hotel Vista is costing about 3200 per day per person. Hence the total cost would be 6400(for two people) + 1000 for breakfast + 1000 for dinner = 8400 INR just for one day. I was literally shocked. Just on the day of leaving, i am informed that i have to spend 8400 for just one day, where in my total cost was coming upto 64000 for the entire trip from MakeMyTrip. Finally i booked the same hotel on my own for 2500INR which included breakfast.(same room which Prateik quoted 6400+1000 for breakfast) 7) At Phuket, we were promised Amari Coral resort at the time of booking i.e. when we made the payment of INR 3,81,000 to Aaram Tours. Post that Prateik told me those 2 rooms in Amari is confirmed and one is on wait list and he will keep us posted. Just a day before departure, Mr. Chirag (he told us that he is Prateik’s younger brother) came to Aaram Tours office and informed us that there is no vacancy in Amari Coral resort. We gave him 3 other options to which he said, you don’t worry, we will book it in the hotel you want. When we landed at Phuket, we were shocked to realize that we were not given accommodation in the hotel of our choice. In fact, we were given a c grade place. We spoke to ashishbhai and he told us to book the hotel on our own and he was willing to pay the remaining/extra amount. Then when we called Ashishbhai to ask for the remaining amount for the booking, he vehemently denied paying extra. In our itenary at Phuket, James Bond Island was included. But just like other places, local agents there denied us that James bond is included. Finally we had to pay 15000 extra to the local agents there to visit James Bond Island. Now, by this point we were completely out of money. We paid the entire amount to Aaram Tours thinking everything is included according to the itenary. Hence we were forced to stay in that C grade hotel. Our wives were so angry and irritated that they told us to go back to India. They told us that they are not feeling safe here and hence go back to India immediately. At that point we felt completely helpless and mentally harassed. We hardly enjoyed our trip after that. I was getting a good deal from my own relative who is running his own travel agency called Anmol Tours & Travels. But I opted for MakeMyTrip as my DAD’s friends and relatives in US and UK told him to opt for MakeMyTrip as it is one of the best travel agencies for international destinations. Hence we chose MakeMyTrip. But we are extremely disappointed with MakeMyTrip. We made all our payments on time but still did not receive even 10% value of what we paid. I have a feeling that the CEO of MakeMyTrip is also involved in this scam. We informed about all this on 22nd Mar-12. Its been 19 days since then and still no action has been taken against the culprits involved. I am thinking of taking a legal action against the people involved in this scam (Mr. Ashish, Mr. Prateik, Mr. Chirag and the CEO of MakeMyTrip. My DAD will be telling his friends in US,UK of not recommending MakeMyTrip to anyone in future. I am going to local and national media regarding us being rigged by MakeMyTrip. Will also put my story on various travel blogs and other social mediums like Facebook and Twitter.
  • edited April 2012

i booked a ticket from jaipur to mumbai in jan. But booking not confirmed and payment made through net banking. Till today i dont have received my refund.

deepak gupta
  • prakherhmpprakherhmp Junior Member
    edited April 2012

I have booked a returnticket from Makemytrip (Booking ID: NF2203016756807) from Mumbai to Lucknow for 22 February 2012 and return on 28 February 2012 via kingfisher airlines. My onward [COLOR=#009900 !important]flight from Mumbai[/COLOR] to lucknow was rescheduled via Delhi and reached lucknow on 23 February 2012 therafter i was informed that my retun flight is cancelled and I will get full refund for that sector and no alterante option was given.

Now make my trip claims that i have utilised both sector and is not processing my refund.

They have told me that they are going to reply to my query in 24 hours on 3 previous occasions however I did not recieve any call back from them or any email on the same.

It is so frustating how make my trip functions and its [COLOR=#009900 !important]license[/COLOR] as an agent should be cancelled. I would like to have my refund along with the exemplary damages for the trauma that I had go undergo till date.