Slow broadband connection

mail and they have keep saying they will get back to me. This
connection is a broadband connection for 3 months duration and It is
P03108061037.

Deepak S

Comments

• edited March 2009
    It will be upto 256Kpbs not dedicated 256kpbs, BSNL shares it with 8
    people.
  • edited March 2009
    U mean Hathway too is a fraud ?

That is the problem with Iqara too, Mind u now Iqara is trying to patchup its
    tarnished Image by changing its name to
    You Telecom.

Its fraud to call their internet as BroadBand when we never get speed of 256kbps
    ever.

So I am switching back to Sify, Sify gives dedicated Bandwidth.
    But beware of Sify too, they have some mindbogling rules for free internet on
    weekdays.

If you don't believe me then first try to check out the reviews
    of sify broadband.

Many consumer court are pending on sify and they don't bother
    for that too.

One of the case is going on as long as 3 years.

Dear Mr Deepak
    This applies to all broadband connection as all are highly polite prior to
    giving connection but once connection is given they take the liberty to impose
    their own policies which may not be customer friendly.
    I also recieved broadband connection which is supposed to be unlimited and as
    per promise of Airtel this is supposed to be uninterrupted service however I
    get frequent disconnection and message comes that the server is not found
    despite the call to service engineer nothing much has changed.There was also
    instances when the service got disrupted for over 72 hours at stretch and did
    not recieve any help from the customer care people.
    They promise the moon before connectivity but services are not up to
    expectation.
    We have no choice either once we are customer.
    with thanks

mail and they have keep saying they will get back to me. This
    connection is a broadband connection for 3 months duration and It is
    P03108061037.

Deepak S

Are you sure that the speed is 12-35 kbps?

When you are downloading something then the transfer rate comes in KBps, the main difference is the small b and the Big B.

Kindly check it, may be it can help you.

• edited March 2009

Thanks for your reply, when I download any file then it shows the transfer rate is 35 KBps, Its Big B.

But the Cable operator is charging for 256Kbps.

• adminadmin Administrator
    edited March 2009
    Hello Deepak,

As you mentioned that the transfer rate is nearly 35 KBps, It means you are getting more then 256 Kbps.

Enjoy :}
  • edited March 2009

Thanks for your quick reply, Sorry for wrong complaint due to un awarness. Please close the case, Its solved now.

Thanks a Million
  • edited June 2009

I applied for two broadband connections on 27th Mar 09 (combo plan) - one
    for my office and another one for home) through Distance Telecom (Associated
    with MTNL).

They called up 8-10 times for connection and committed that connection will
    get installed within 7 days.

Till today, i.e., 21st April and no clue about connection. Have called up
    5-6 times and every time have different excuse like there are public
    holidays, elections etc.

I have give various numbers like 23237894, 23237890 (Dolly/Kabir),
    9868399491 (Gagan) and many others. Everybody is providing date of next few
    days and not aware what is going on.

I am writing this complaint in this hope that my matter will get resolved
    here and will get help to start with new connection.

Let me know if more details are required.

Best regards,
    Shailendra Vijayvergia
  • neeraj sharmaneeraj sharma Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    sir i have very slow net speed hampering my work front and also wasting my money. kindly help me out.
  • advocateadvocate Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Dear Mr. Sharma,

Kindly post your complaint in detailed manner.
  • sumits007sumits007 Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    i have took tata vsnl wi max connection on 10 oct. 2009.My plan is flat 384 kbps with unlimited download.On the time of installation when i checked the speed i was getting speed of 15-16kBps. I mentioned this problem on the customer receipt. Now the apeed is between 15-35kBps n after making numerous complains nothing hv been done till now. They tell me to check download speed from h**p://202.54.49.194/registration/speedtest which is tata indicom's site whr the speed is shown arnd 370 kbps but wen i download anythng frm rapidshare, download.com or any other website the speed is never abv 35kBps (usually its arnd 25-30). Now i made complain agian but they r saying that if u r getting 65% of ur speed den it is ok.
    I m paying for 384 kbps but acc. to them 65% of this speed is ok. Is this policy is correct???
    pls help
  • edited October 2009
    my plan is 500C.
    phone no: 02550 271405.

according to my plan my browsing speed is 2MBps and downloading around 256KBps.

but in the morning time the browing speed reduces drastically to 40KBps and downloading around 3KBps.

can anyone help me??

because the bill come according to the plan but the speed doesn't.

even i had been registered complaint also to the BSNL office but no action taken yet.

So,please help me.
  • edited December 2009

I would like to bring to your notice that I had taken a Broadband
    connection with Hathway Broadband at 1 Mbps speed, New Delhi.Thier telephone number is
    011-46085777.They told me that speed of Broadband connection is 1024kpbs, but I receive the speed around 40-50 kpbs. I have made several calls to their call
    centres and they evoke no response.as well as they have keep saying they will get back to me. This broadband connection is for 2 months duration and It is

• edited January 2010
    Sify is the worst service provider i've ever seen. Transfer rates are so bad and so-called customer care take "little" care of customers. It really has no value.
  • ashwinibeheraashwinibehera Junior Member
    edited May 2010

I would post a complaint/awareness against two Service Providers.

For all the readers, I am from Kolkata Location. So my message is against the Service Providers from here.

1. Tata Indicom --> I shifted my place, as a result there was supposed to be a shift of location to happen. But unfortunately, the Tata Services employee said it cannot happen over there. So i tried for a new connection, to which i Get a reply after few days, that yes the connection is possible. (Surprising to me, one says the Service cannot happen, and the other says it can).
    So i call up the tata person asking them to install me with the new connection. But THEY WANT ME TO PAY 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE IF I WANT THE SERVICE. There is a scheme in TATA, if I want the service, they can either go for Installment Charges or they can waive off the installment charges if i agree to pay for 4 months. I was taking a high speed connection for my office usage. So if i pay for 4 months, it would cost me 6000 /-.

I really donot understand the monopoly run by companies. Hope this message is of some help to the Consumer Community.

2. My second complaint is against ORTEL COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
    The company says it is ISO 9001:2000 certified, but they have the Worst Customer care system. For instance I have no connection available in my house for the last two days. When I call them, they either donot pick up the call or they say to call me back after 15 mins, which never happens. Also, i have not been provided with a bill for last month, neither did anyone come to pick up my monthly bill for last month.

Recently they changed to the SMART CARD DTS system. But before switching, the card was not provided to all Customers. Personally i had to go to pick up my card, and then got it installed myself. When I installed it, I find I dont get any channels. I call them up many times( as usual even the Customer Care Number didnot pick up). When they did, first they said, they would provide me the Service after 15 mins, which never came. I call them after two hrs and then they resopnded that I wont get service till late night (that too they are not sure). I am not sure, when I can get my connection neither is their any information from the Service/Cable Operator (Ortel provides Internet and Cable).

When we see the ISO certification of a company, we trust them. But in my case, I am not able to trust a single word from them. Also there is no Quality Management, Some channels get off all of a sudden. I have tried a lotof arguement with them, but they dont seem to bother any complaints or greivance from us.
    Also there is no proper Customer Care Service with them. I have no other choice but write it to you.

Hope the information provided by me is enough for the Consumer Court.

I would be highly obliged if some action is taken against the monopoly of the Service Providers, that runs in our society and mugs us the citizen.

Waiting for a response
    Ashwini Kumar Behera
    Flat no 103 F,
    Ujjwalla Appartment
    Rajarhat - 700157
    Kolkata.

With an ISO certified company 1. how can they
  • edited May 2010
    im naveen. My telephone number is 0431-2764546. I am a customer of BSNL land line connection and Broad band connection(256kbs speed). Since last two weeks, my broad band connection completely dead slow and there is no response from the respected BSNL staff in restoring my broad band connection, inspite of lodging complaint over phone, begging personally several times, to the staff at woriyur telephone exchange office, office located at salai road,trichy to solve my problem. But till this moment my broad band connection is not restored. Will some higher officials in BSNL, tamil nadu take necessary action in restoring my broad band connection, atleast after looking at this complaint.
    thank you!
    edited July 2010
    it is posted for test only.
  • motsmots Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    yes Sify is really bad..I have used Sify.
    Airtel is equally bad..trust me you dont want an Airtel broadband..MTNL is fast, gives the speed it says on the brochure and is cheaper too..only reason MTNL isnt popular is because they dont market their products well and if you come to think of it, MTNL is a government company so they wont cheat you because its public money afterall.
  • adv.richaadv.richa Moderator
    mots wrote: »
    yes Sify is really bad..I have used Sify.

Thanks for sharing your experience, hope this will help other consumers to choose the right product/services.
  • gyangyan Junior Member

If you don't believe me then first try to check out the reviews
    of sify broadband.

Many consumer court are pending on sify and they don't bother
    for that too.

One of the case is going on as long as 3 years.

Yes...Friend,
    I know very well....
    Sify Net connction is very very poor...
    I can't explain more myself about that sify...
    Pls Understand everyone it is really very bad connection for net...
    edited August 2010

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, we have sent a sms for the same. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Ricky
    Airtel Customer Service Team
    edited August 2010

I would like to inform you that your concern listed on 29 Dec 2009, has been resolved.

Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtel.in

Sunil
    Airtel Customer Service Team
  • edited October 2010
    Hi, I am having a MTNL Broadband connection no 29966958, I am facing too many problems like slow browsing, DNS not pinging, cannot use phone and broadband simultaneously. I talked many time on their customer care but still the problem is same.....

please take some action againt this.........
  • edited December 2010
    I brought virgin vflash drive 3 months ago
    first i used 2gb plan,at that time i got good speed
    but after that i shifted to unlimited usage in 7200 min plan
    since then i have been facing speed issues
    i was promised speed of 3.1mbps but all i get is .4-.5mbps max and generally it is 20-30kbps
    i have filed my complain on customer care abou 4-5 times but all i get is false promises.
    my network doesnt work but the timer of my usage keeps on going
    daily about 1hour of my usage is wasted like this
  • edited February 2011
    i have a bsnl broadband connection of 256 kbps unlimited downloading plan but i get the speed of around 24-32 kbps. when i complaint to custmer care 26 jan. they write a complaint and give me a complaint no.(1002115667). but after 26 jan i call them every day but they cant do any action and a custmer care executive talking very rudly and say just cut the phone it is good for you. from the heart bsnl service is v. v. poor and the cus. care excut. are abnormal
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Team,

TATA PHOTON PLUS :)

I'm trouble to browse the internet in my brand new laptop with your very fast, indua's number one Tata Photon plus devise.

Committed in Ads: 3.1Mbps
    Actual : 256Kbps(Technical Customer care executive told me). If we get 256Kbps then they is no issue in device as well as network.
    But i'm getting: Less than 100Kbps.

Reason for low speed: More number users use the same tower in my area. So I should share my internet speed to others(unknown persons) and i should pay for that also. Indirectly, they told my unknown person is using my network speed, so i need to wait until he will close connection.

I'm paying Rs.1000 per month for that :)

Real CHEATERS!!!

Very simple example: when i tried to login to the gmail, google ask me to load the basic html, beacuse my internet speed is very pathatic Less than 100Kbps(12KBps) download speed.

Below tickets were raised in past three weeks. after that i was stopped to call customer care. Because every time i called, they raised a new ticket and gave it to me!!! But problem was not yet resolved!!!!

Complaint Numbers:
    256655 - Open
  • raviproffraviproff Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    TATA PHOTON PLUS :)

I'm trouble to browse the internet in my brand new laptop with your very fast, india's number one Tata Photon plus devise.

Committed in Ads: 3.1Mbps
    But i'm getting: Less than 100Kbps.

Reason for low speed: More number users use the same tower in my area. So I should share my internet speed to others(unknown persons) and i should pay for that also. Indirectly, they told unknown person is using my network speed, so i need to wait until he will close connection.

I'm paying Rs.1000 per month for that :)

Real CHEATERS!!!

Very simple example: when i tried to login to the gmail, google ask me to load the basic html, beacuse my internet speed is very pathetic, Less than 100Kbps(12KBps) download speed.

Complaint Numbers:
    256643 - Open
    256655 - Open
  • sanjaydangesanjaydange Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    I believe that Hathway being a smaller company gives personal attention. I have just taken another connection from Hathway and I am happy with them. I would advice everyone not to avail Tata Communications Broadband Services. The customer service is horrible and the company is a scam/fraud. I have already mentioned my complaint in another post.
  • pallavsingalpallavsingal Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    The Officer,
    Consumer Court of India

Dear Sir / Mam,

My no. is 7428536927 Reliance Broadband Data Card in the name of Pallav Singal.

I purchased this data card on 30-12-2010 as a gold plan from Rohini Sec-9 Branch of Reliance Web World Franchise outlet,while selling dis card these people said that you'll get upto 3mbps speed upto 10gb, but im nt getting the speed of more than 128 kbps speed.From the very first week i complained in reliance web world but dint get any response from these people, again on 18th jan i complained than also no results, I paid the bill for the 1st month,But continue sally i complained and mailed so many time but not even a single time i get any respone so dat i dint paid my feb n march bill its almost rented bill n almost negligible usage.its a kind of fraud done wid me .

The request nos are 145926127(28th jan),146507298( 5th feb ),147350660(17th feb)

I have checked several other models of reliance netconnect such huawei and they are working fine in my laptop,but this particular zte model is defective and needs to be replaced.I have used the datacard for the first month and paid the bill but i have not been able to use it after that.
    It is requested to please waive off the rental charged thereafter as was not able to use it.
    After my 5-6 complains 3 days ago one engineer visited my place n checked my data card n he said their is a genuine problem of speed coz of that data card is a diffected piece therfore its need to be replaced as its under warranty, but today i spoke to one senior person in reliance said that comapny is not repalcing my data card.

I want u to take some necessary action on Dis, as im facing so much loss of my work n mentally cheated by these people
    Kindly Help on Dis matter n pls activate my device or solve my problem

Kindly take some necessary action on this issue and i will be obliged if you can get the datacard replaced
    and waive off the rental charges.
    Would be using the device if the problem is resolved

Thanking You