Laptop

edited April 2014 in Computer
Hi, My dear friends I need a suggestion from you people, can you plzzzzz guide me about the best laptop, I want to purchase a new laptop for my sister but i dont have enough knowledge about computer hardware. If some one knows about the computer hardware then plzzzz suggest me something good.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I am using HP 520 from last 6 months and its working fine, the battery backup is very fine approx 2.30 hour, Its a commercial range laptop costs me near 27000/- , with a laptop bag. My overall experience with HP is very good, you can go for HP.
  • edited December 2008
    kfrp wrote: »

Dont buy HP laptop, the customer care service is very bad and they response to late. I was using HP before but i have never seen such a bad laptop ever, Go for Dell.
  • edited December 2008
    Dear sir, HP is best, I am using it for last 2 years and its working very fine. you can trust on me.
  • abhay.verma01abhay.verma01 Junior Member
    edited February 2009
    HP makes some of the most pathetic laptops.Never buy an HP laptop. Kindly browse through the posts on this site. I am myself suffering having purchased a Compaq Presario V3749 laptop. Their after sales service is terrible. My laptop which I'd purchased in April 2008, was fine until Dec 2008. Then the system board crashed. After that, the service guys took exactly two months to replace the system board. And exactly two days after that again the same thing happened. God knows how much they will take this time.
  • edited July 2009
    HP makes some of the most pathetic laptops.Never buy an HP laptop.

I would like to clarify my doubt regarding warranty period of a comodity

i bought a HP laptop from UAE with international warranty

Its warranty period is till 05/07/09

Due to some problem in the laptop i gave the laptop for repairing in HP shop at
    Kozhikode on 30/06/09

Now they are telling that i'm not eligible for the warranty period because invoice
    bill doesnt show serial no

i have submitted the copy of invoice provided by the company itself.

sir please guide me so that i could get justice
  • edited September 2009
    the HP which was 3-4 years back is completely different from the present one!!

Each and every friend of mine is suffering bcoz of HP. as soon as the warranty is complete, within few weeks u will get a hell lot of problems. one of the major is OVER HEATING, due to the use of low quality manufacturing products, and low quality heat transfer mechanism.

and the HP tech care is not going to help you out in any matter. even if they change ur mainboard/anything else, you will get the same problem after a few months or sometimes even weeks!! the main problem is with the bad technical design of the new HP laptops. that is y, even afeter replacing the parts, the same problem arises. And they cant change the technical design so easily..

its true that the 3-4 years old HP laptops are extreamly good from every point of view, but ask the newer customers and get their feed back. frankly speaking, the word "HP" is now becoming a "gaali"!!

Go for DELL. its better if u purchase a mid or high range laptop if u really want a long run without any trouble.
    Moreover, DELL is completely customizable and every part is easy to open and replace yourself. DELL gives much more preferance to the quality of the product then it's looks/etc.

Other brands are also available but they are similar to todays HP (gives preferance to look/price/waight/etc.)
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks Seema, I was thinking to buy a Hp laptop but after reading this I will go for DELL.

Thanks Again
  • SidhantSidhant Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Subhadarshini Patra

D/o Santosh Kumar Senapati

At: Qr.No.IV-7/3, Unit -2

…. Complainant

-Vrs.-

1. M/s HP Sales & Services Pvt.Ltd.

Tower. D.Global Business Park,

Master Canteen, 4th Floor

Ashok Nagar

Bhubaneswar

…. Opp.Parties

2. The case of the complainant is that he purchased a Laptop from the OP.2 at the cost of Rs.46,850/- as per invoice under Annexure-1 on 22.8.2005. The complainant was using the laptop for his studies. On 30.12.2005, the laptop ceased to function. It had warranty as per the terms & conditions. When it ceased to function, the complainant approached OP.2 who tried to rectify the defects. But it was not rectified. Then the complainant handed over the defunct laptop to OP.3 which was the authorized service station as per Annexure-3. But the OP.3 returned the same without repair. The warranty for the laptop covered up to 21.8.2006. As it could not be repaired, the complainant sent the same to OP.2 by courier service but as it has not been repaired and returned, the case has been filed.

3. The case of the O.P.1 is that the complainant was not using the laptop properly, it had no manufacturing defect and for the mis-handling of the laptop, it has become defective. The laptop having been purchased from the OP.2, the matter has to be looked after by them and the OP.1 is not liable to look into the matter.

4. The case of the OP.2 is that the mother board of the laptop was burnt and the warranty is not against the burns and physical damages, therefore, it is not repairable nor the cost of the same can be refunded for mis-handling of the same by the complainant, as such the OP.2 is not liable to replace the same or to refund the cost of the same.

5. The O.Ps having remained absent on 22.1.2008 when the case was taken up for hearing without taking any steps, they have been set exparte and exparte hearing was taken up.

6. The OP.1 has filed the evidence affidavit. The complainant & other O.Ps preferred not to file any such affidavits.

7. It is submitted by the learned counsel for the complainant that the complainant purchased the laptop on 22.8.2005 and it was found defective on 30.12.2005 and ceased to function, hence he gave it to OP.2 for repair but it was not repaired. Then he sent the same to OP.2 but neither the laptop was returned nor the cost has been refunded. Hence the O.Ps 1, 2 & 3 are liable to pay the cost of the same with compensation or to replace the laptop in question.

8. It appears from record that the complainant has purchased the laptop as per invoice Annexure-1 on 22.8.2005 for a sum of Rs.46,850/- and it was found defective on 31.12.08. He made it over under annexure-3 to OP.2 for repair but OP.2 neither returned the laptop nor refunded the cost of the same. It was covered under the warranty but still the O.Ps 1, 2 & 3 did not pay any heed to the request of the complainant to replace the laptop or to refund the cost. Hence he is entitled to the relief claimed, accordingly, it is ordered.

ORDER

In the result, the complaint is hereby allowed exparte. The O.Ps 1 , 2 & 3 are jointly and severally directed to refund the cost of the laptop i.e. Rs.46,850/-. The compensation for mental agony is fixed at Rs.4000/- and litigation cost is fixed at Rs.1000/- payable by the O.Ps 1, 2 & 3 jointly & severally. The entire sum of Rs.51,850/- be paid to the complainant within a period of one month from the date of communication of this order, failing which the O.Ps 1, 2 & 3 shall pay interest at the rate of Rs.9% per annum on this amount of Rs.51,850/-.
  • anisharora85anisharora85 Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Dell's service is really bad these days. Earlier they were good. I recently placed an order and finally i didnt get 3 items in the delivery package (earphones,bag,mouse). After 1 month they called me up and said thats because of an error in their system, I will not get those items. What bullshit. They should then return the money if they cant even fulfill an agreement between the customer and Dell.
  • edited November 2009
    from:
    sarath chandra.chama,
    visakhpatanam,
    andhra pradesh.
    respected sir,
    i purchased a dell studio
    model 1537 on jan23-2009 with service tag no:24NV2BS and due to some
    design failures in my laptop many of its hardware components were
    replaced(motherboard,media buttons,keyboard) and after replacing them
    also i am facing serious issues with my laptop i asked them for the
    laptop replacement.even after 24 hours of raising the request i did
    not get any response from dell customer care.
    i have also faced a serious
    data loss in my laptop due to wrong customer support please kindly
    help me in resolving this issue by replacing the laptop.
    NOTE:LAPTOP SERVICE TAG:24NV2BS
  • edited September 2010
    Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is Sonia Melgandi from Ranchi,Jharkhand. I am a student. I purchased a LENOVO laptop from La Vision shop on 26/09/09. Some display problem occurring in my laptop since 2 weeks ago. Now my laptop is in warranty period about 2 weeks are remaining. I have registered this problem in warranty registration whose CASE NO. is 10082109070 but they don't give me a COMPLAIN NO. without that no. service centre will not take my laptop for further process. I have send an e-mail for Complain no. and tried to talk with customer care so many times but didn't recieve any positive response from them. Please help me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Laptop Serial no. - EB12737077
    Model no. - 3000G430
    Type - 4152

My e-mail id - soniamelgandi1@gmail.com
    soniamelgandi@yahoo.com
    My mob. no. - 9934370028
  • amit12jamit12j Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Customer care service of HP Laptop is really very bad.
    It took more than 2 months to get my laptop repair.
  • VinceoeVinceoe Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    I think you should go with Toshiba laptops.
  • vigneshprccvigneshprcc Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    We are the authorized dealers of acer laptops in Chennai. Ours is a professionally managed company based in Chennai, dealing with the online sale of acer laptops. Lead by a team of enthusiastic people, our online venture is based on high levels of integrity and commitment. We see to it that our customers receive thefinest quality of acer laptop at the cheapest rate.
  • Pankaj kambojPankaj kamboj Junior Member
    edited February 2012

I am using HP 420 laptop and had very bad experince.First there was problem with keyboard which is manufacturing defect and HP is saying it is non resolvable. When HP is aware it is a manufacturing defects then why HP is making fool.Secondly, service of HP is very pathetic, they have dont have the replacement of laptop motherboard for which i'm following for last 7 days.
  • nitin.ojhanitin.ojha Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    But My Overall Expreince With the Hp laptop is pathetic ... I have just Bought the Hp-630 three Months Back .But now there are some White Spots on Screen .I went to the Service center But they denied To get is fix .. I have hardly used my Laptop and it still in new condition ... Dell or lenovo offer good Warranty services .. I would n't Suggest Hp to you .... Customer services is really pathetic of hp
  • dasiydeedasiydee Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    PRCC’s Computer Solutions division is driven by customer-oriented approach with focus on quality standards of operational
    excellence, seamless integration of project aspects, and providing solutions that best meet the clients’ needs. Our
    focus is to serve the various customer segments independently and offer tailor-made solutions. Therefore, we have
    built specialized and dedicated expert teams to address various divisions like Education, Small and Medium Business
    (SMB), Corporate, and Government Sectors independently.PRCC’s Computer Solutions division is driven by
    customer-oriented approach with focus on quality standards of operational excellence, seamless integration of project
    aspects, and providing solutions that best meet the clients’ needs. Our focus is to serve the various customer
    segments independently and offer tailor-made solutions. Therefore, we have built specialized and dedicated expert
    teams to address various divisions like Education, Small and Medium Business (SMB), Corporate, and Government Sectors
    independently. lenovo laptop company best quality laptops and desktop exs....
  • margaritelsotomargaritelsoto Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    Dell is better according to me because i m using it since last 2 year. It is very speedy.
  • sanjusanju Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    my laptop g560 is open very slowly and all files are also open very slowly.
    processing is very slow from upto 3 months. how to increasing this problem , please reply me.
  • kohler201280kohler201280 Junior Member
    edited April 2013
    same case is with me also
    they will ask for invoice with serail no
    as If i we have stolen or manufactured them at home.
    they are the worst service provider.
  • edited April 2014
    I have purches HCl laptop From DCC care deccan pune. This time give offer on HCL laptop for free printer. So i have purches HCL laptop and they said printer will be recieve on your addresh after 15 to 20 day. Purches date 03/01/2014. But till date printer not recieve. I have call back lotup time. But every time they say printer will be recieve. within 5 days within 4 days. Nad now they say that time not offer on HCL laptop. So printer not getting to you.
    So kindly Pls help me on this issue.

Pls do the needfull as soon as possible.
    Suryakant Ghadage
    Wagholi
    pune
  • edited April 2014
    So kindly Pls help me on this issue.

Pls do the needfull as soon as possible.
    Suryakant Ghadage