Airtel Mobile Customer Care ( Appellate Authority )

Advocate.soniaAdvocate.sonia Senior Member
edited September 2014 in General Discussions
airtel-customer-care-number.jpgAirtel Mobile Customer Care

Call 121, 24-hr Airtel customer service number from your Airtel phone.

Airtel Appellate Authority
In case you are not satisfied with the resolution given by Airtel Nodal officers, you may get in touch with Appellate Officers within 3 months of resolution after the expiry of the complaint resolution time limit specified by the Nodal Officer.

Delhi Airtel Appellate Authority
D-184, Okhla Industrial Area,
Phase - I, New Delhi - 110 020.
appellate.del@airtel.in

101 Santhome High Road,
Chennai 600 028,
Tamil Nadu
appellate.tn@airtel.in

To appeal please download the appeal form here. To view this form correctly, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Comments

• edited July 2010

Sorry to say that I am not at all satisfied with the service that your customer care agent are giving.

On 14th July I lost mu mobile That night i called up at the call cente, I was asked to get an application from the person whose name the sim was and NC from the police station and an ID proof.

Well as per the instructions I gathered all the documents and reached the Airtel gallery at Santacruz west, I had taken my ID proof(pancard) and my Boss's ID proof (Passport) There they did not want the NC They asked me to go and get the copies from outside, I dont understand when they could get the copies from within the office premise why harass customers to go out in the rain and get the copies.

Well after everything was done they said that it will take 6hours to activate the sim. After 6 hours it was not activated. Again I called up at 7:30am (16 july)to enquire , I spoke to Mr Abhijit he said it will start instantly. I waited till 9am again I spoke to Ajit he said there is some technical problem hence it will take 4hrs and hung up

Then again I called, and spoke to Hussain, through him I spoke to some officer the officer told me for some reason the sim was not activated, and it will be activated in 6 hrs.
    Now you tell me what is this if not harrasment

My mobile number is 9892991015
    sim no. is 8991920000192582350F

I expect that you give proper training to the staff who is working at the Airtel gallery and also at the call center and ask them to be co operative with customers

Also I expect my Sim will be activated at the earliest

Thanks and regards

Jamil A.H.Qureshi
  • edited August 2010
    My mobile no is 9957029589 which is a post paid connection of ASSAM .
    I am presently on roaming and by out going calls are not possible .When I dial then a message of 'connection error' is shown
  • edited August 2010
    my sim card registration has been failed of 9906100758. dont know why? plz look into it
  • edited November 2010
    my reference number is 0716171330 plz........solve my problem.
  • edited November 2010
    I have recharged my Airtel mobile No. 9746719058 twice during the month for Rs. 75/- . Each time the Todays offer
    on No. 121312 announced that "recharge with Rs. 75/- and get Rs. 75 talk time and get the bonus Rs. 50 with in 48 hours and the balance amount will know from *123*5#."
    The recharge details are as under :-
    (a) 25.11.2010 at 05:17 pm - trans id -790387239
    (b) 16.11.2010 at 05:43 pm - trans id - 1510472972

Both the time I did not get the bonus offered . So I am in loss of Rs 50+50 = 100/-

Please take necessary action to credit Rs. 100/- to my number at the earliest
    An early action is expected and please do reply

edited November 2010
    Dear Customer (ajisouparnika ),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 26 Nov. 2010 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

edited November 2010
    Dear Customer (ajisouparnika ),

This is to inform that your concern listed on 26 Nov. 2010 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

edited December 2010
    Dear Customer (ajisouparnika ),

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 26 Nov. 2010, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com

• edited December 2010
    I recharge my airtel mobile (no is 9651735338) for GPRS valued Rs 98.00 on 11 Dec 2010 at about 12:30 PM. but I have not recieved any msg from the centre. then I contact to costmercare at regularly till 12:51am of 12 December. In this period I called about 10 times. every time your irresponsible person giving me a irresponsible answer. When I called at 12: 38 am then your person use abuesd words and afere 5 minutes when I recalled then hi say me " you are foolish" may be hi was Rajeev bcoz I recieved a msg from no 876 that mentiond name. After all when I called today then senior officer tell me real information. After all I have lost my Rs 98.00 and 5707 MB and this is only due to wrong msg and irresponsible convocation. Pls tell me what you do about that otherwise I go to consumer forum and write against you every news paper and magzines .
    Thank's
    Rahees Singh
    Sr. journalist
  • edited December 2010
    mai near 45 days se paresan hun.mera airtel mobile no.9934947265 (bihar) bina kisi massage / call ke band kar
    diya gaya.1 november 2010 ko.tab se ab tak call aur mail kar ke paresan hu,lekin compony ke officer aaj aur kal
    kar ke tal rahe hai.esme mera balance 817/- rupya hai.please,mera number re-start kawa de.please

AJAMENDRA KUMAR
  • Bhasker.SharmaBhasker.Sharma Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    18 January, 2011

Sir/Ma'am,

@end_of_the_skype_highlighting since Septrmber 2009. I was was using this number during the time being as I was not in the city. I was in Shimla during the time period of 2/1/2011 and 7/1/2011. I had been getting very annoying lewd messages from some particular international numbers. To know about them, I called the Airtel customer care number 198 on 7/1/2011 at 12:30 AM. I talked to the customer care executive about this issue and asked from where this message was coming and the method to stop them. The executive in a very rude manner replied to me that he can't help me regarding this as I was in roaming network of Airtel of Himachal Pradesh and the number belonged to Delhi region. He further asked me to call on Airtel Delhi helpline 9810198101 to which the call was chargeable. I asked him that why should I call to this number if he still can help me now. He got more rude. After this, I raised my tone as his speech was very offending. This exchange of words between us got more worse and finally he disconnected my call very abruptly. After a period of five minutes, I got numerous messages from the number 543212 that I have been subscribed to various servcies and that the service would be activated in a short while. Though I had not given any input through my phone, I was subscribed to various serivces which led to my balance being reduced from Rs.827 to Rs.613. As told by my friends, customer care executives from Airtel are generally known to do this if they get in verbal arguement and they start some services without the user's wish. I have incurred a loss of approximately Rs 214. I have also experienced a cheating of approximately Rs.71 earlier from Airtel in some other ways. I reported about the earlier issues to national consumer helpline 1800114000 and wrote to Airtel's Appeallate Authority four months ago three times bout never got a reply. Eventually i lost hope.

A few days ago, I again got many messages with the same services. I have further incurred a loss of more than Rs. 200. After then, I have faced a lot of problems with the mobile connection. This is causing us a lot of trouble and mental trauma.

Sir, I request you to look into my case and get me justice. I have the proof of the messages in my phone which I can present when asked by the concerned authorites. I expect justice from the Honorable authority and I may lose faith against justice and law.

Yours sincerely,

Bhasker Sharma

T-20/2, Vayusenabad,

Near Batra Hospital,

Tughlakabad,

New Delhi- 110 062

Phone: +91-9650850684

COPIES OF THE ABOVE COMPLAINT HAVE ALSO BEEN FORWARDED TO AIRTEL APPEALLATE AUTHORITIES OF DELHI AND HIMACHAL PRADESH FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION, IF REQUIRED.
  • edited January 2011
    Sir , We have a complaint against Airtel Cell City. Sir In Karbi Anglong Santipur (Assam)near Borpathar Police Station a small cell city ( We don't know is it genuine or not ) namely Maa Communication , which was conducted by (1) Sri Ranju Das , (2) Sri Gobinda Das . The person have already collected more than 20 thousand against reverication of Airtel Sim .
    We want to know is it your legal service provider Airtel Cel City .
    2ndly both the staff ordered the Consumer to take Passport Photo from there Stoll. If they do not do so, the they rejected the form .
    We want to know is any rule from your service that Consumer not be able to take any photo from other Studio.
    The aforesaid person misbehaved to every consumer .
    Was its a rule ?

We have also Audio and Video recording for all those supporting . If necessary we will sending to you.
    Hope you will do needfull
    Thanking you ,
  • edited January 2011
    I got my new connection 9900024890 in Bangalore from Airtel around 20 Nov. I had not requested for any specific feature other than calls in the written application for usage.

As part of trying out a new instrument, I had tried to browse a couple of Google pages on the phone on 2 Dec and it did not work. So I talked to their support center to understand why that was not working and they told me about
    something to be enabled to check pages on web. They did something and I was able to check its working on 2 Dec and there are call records on my bill to establish the same and an acknowledgement message indicating something was activated was received on the phone on 2 late evening.

I received a message from Airtel on 6 Dec indicating the usage was around Rs 570. I called back the
    support line asking those clarifications on how this was happening as I was not knowingly using any services and asking them to stop any feature that is causing the bill to get to Rs 570. The call records on the phone establish the
    same and they can go and check their voice records for the same. The support team did not act on the same and left it stating they did not know why this was happening and I had to wait for the bill to be generated to understand why and refused to provide an escalation point where I could reach and record a complaint and be heard and did not even help to identify or cancelled the services inspite of my asking.

I further received an SMS on 13 Dec indicating my usage till 12 Dec is Rs 1193 which is nearing my credit limit of 1500 Rs. I again called Airtel support desk and the records exist on the phone to escalate and ask them to stop the bill running and disable everything. Again they could not provide any help either in understanding, providing escalation path or in stopping any services which were causing the bill to run. I also called the escalation services of Airtel and they also wanted me to wait till the Bill generation and they could not help.

They continued to run the bill and then all my services /facilities etc which causes the bill to run was disconnected from 16 Dec as I was supposed to not have paid an amount of Rs 2300. As you could see the bill was continuously running without my knowing on why beyond their own limits (i am not sure whether they have a different dictionary for the word limit), and I was being harassed in terms of facilities being cut for nonpayment in spite of multiple escalation to everyone possible.

So in all they talked about a limit of 1500Rs which i did not ask them to extend and they cut my services but probably let some features run which as a user is not aware of as the phone is already unusable because they could make money.I received a message on 22 Dec that my bill was generated and to send an SMS to a number to get the password, when all facilities were already removed from my phone.

Again called escalation team and they looked at the bill and asked me to wait for a couple of days to get the details and did not know why. Again another message was sent on 28th Dec stating I had to pay 2300 Rs to resume
    services and when I called them they said it was GPRS and then they said they were cutting it off then. I have continued to escalate to everyone and everyone in the chain all through in a number of calls both from
    my alternate number, home phone, office desk phone for the one month and I get another message coming in on 12 Jan stating now my bill is Rs 4270 and to pay it.

So from 6 Dec, I have been calling support calls for at least a dozen times or more from this number, my alternate number, landline, office landline, from the courtesy phone in Airtel Vijayanagar with no help whatsoever with the reason that they do not have the data nor did they know what to do and refusal from all of the folks who are
    handling the calls in Customer care, Nodal center and appellate officer etc. to help escalate to identify where is this coming and stopping of the same. The height of ridiculousness is while I am talking and escalating to Airtel to stop this, the bill continues to run regularly there are also people harassing me with calls for payment on a daily basis without checking the details of the case. I have probably got around 20 or more calls on the payment

I have been trying to work with the escalation team or whats called the appeleate team who also parrot the same without thinking a bit more holisticaly of the case, to address the following issues and have not made progress and they do not answer the questions, lie to the customer or just close the case.

1. I had not asked for GPRS in the form and also not interested in it. So why was it enabled. If my call on 2nd Dec to look at some web pages were the reason, then why was the subsequent calls on 6th Dec to disable and stop everything not acted upon. If reques on the phone is acceptable, then cancellation should also be acceptable.

The response from Airtel was they Airtel, cold called me for selling the feature on 2nd and i agreed (which is ridiculous, as they do not have data which can be seen from incoming calls on my phone that they had called and i have data to show that i called Airtel. Secondly they say the GPRS data is valid and the call on 6th has been recorded as resolved issues with GPRS usage. Which is totally false. Since they did not have data to tell me why and did not know what to stop inspite of my asking them , they have simply recorded that as clarifications on GPRS.

2. I have been sent a message that my limit was 1500 Rs. I have never asked for an extension. In spite of me calling and escalating from the time when the bill was 600Rs why was the limit not hit? Why was the bill was
    left to be continued to run since I have not asked for an extension but have been trying to stop it. The bill should have stopped at 1500Rs at the worst case with Airtel already disabling of all of the features. But they do not have any explanation other than these features keep running. Hey if you have already made my phone unusable by cutting off all the features, why are you letting something run which the customer is asking you to stop .. just to make money.

Till now they have an
    - Inability to identify the reason for a customers bill running and are trained to make money by telling people they do not know why and the custome to wait till the Billing cycle while they happily are running their meter for the phone and asking people to pay. Since they are a corporation and others are individuals, they do not feel there is a need to be heard inspite of customer requests to stop

- When there was no request for extension of the limit, the liability in the worst case should only be to the limit which was SMSed to the customer which was 1500 Rupees.

- There is a gross mismanagement of customer touch points and services as a customer is unable to even escalate an issue in spite of repeated requests, other than parroting we do not have the data, are being refused
    escalation paths. Their Nodal/Appeleate folks are an extension of the dumb parroting. Which would be we talked to our backend and the GPRS data is correct .. but cannot think on why a customer would call them number of times on a problem .. hopefully they do not think we enjoy talking repeatedly to them and we do not have any other work. They just stone wall you and say there are no one else above us to help you.

- Fourthly while all of these are happening the services were stopped which is deficiency of services for an Airtel issue.

I am writing back to them to bug them .. hopefully i will be heard or will defenitely go to court and media .. as although the amount is something which i can personaly pay i do not want to as they seem to take individuals for granted.

With Best Regards,
    Phala
  • edited February 2011
    maine apna idea number airtel karaya tha. Jiska mujhe pura benifit nahi mila hai. Na custmer care se bat ho rahi hai.sir plz. Take action in this matter.
    Shivam srivcastava
  • edited February 2011
    My above mobile no. is disconnected since 20.02.2011 while on roaming. I contracted airtel customer care and airtel nodal officer rajasthan several times since then, but nothing has been done so far. Only there is automatic reply to my complaint. I am still in roaming area and without any communication link.

Please Help

Joginder Singh
    Camp: mohali punjab
    My Name is krishan singh
    My Airtel number is-9816147147
    my complaint is Airtel number out going call facility is block.
    I many time of complaint to forward the consultant authority. I am very upset from problem. my document was fulfill.
    Before my also forward a mail. and authority was sad that your number is 24 hour is working. This problems was last one month.
    my reference number is COGCL-20214622135
    please solve the problem as soon as.
    My Name is krishan singh
    My Airtel number is-9816147147
    my complaint is Airtel number out going call facility is block.
    my reference number is COGCL-20214622135
    please solve the problem as soon as.
    Name of airtel sim holder : R.S. Annadurai, DND Reg no: 11038231498
    Cell Number: 9980784947, Karnataka
    Nature of complaint and immediate action sought: 1. Deactivate cricket
    and all promotional messages and promotional calls.
    2. Corrective action for drop of signal when I call any number thereby to have
    disturbance free calls..
    Airtel Number: 01204249178_dsl
    Account no: 15953086

I had complained for sound problem in my fixline four times. But there is no solution till date. Your maintenance engineer coming and go back to their sit and giving feedback to your department that the problem is solved. No close loop monitoring system is there.
    Service request Nos are as follow:
    I want to know one thing, are you collecting any feedback form from customer???
    Please introduce a feedback form through your maintenance engineer instantly to customer and ask to submit regional head after filled up by customer.
    I am very much upset to your service.

Thanks & regards,
    Koushik Das
    +91--8800305550
  • edited April 2011
    meri sms recieving barred hai,aur customer care per baat nahi hoti,pehle bhi complaint kar chuka hoon,my mobile no. is 9560653320 ,nodal officer ko aur appellete authority ko bhi complaint kar chuka hoon
    ,lagta hai airtel main inki bhi koi nahin suntaa,kyonki ek week baad bhi koi faida nahin huaa.
  • edited April 2011
    My mobile no is 9937244166 which is a perpaid connection of orissa .
    I am presently on by out going calls are not possible .When I dial then a message of 'connection error' is shown
    Dear support Team,

My name is vikrant sharmam.My wife is getting unwanted call from following airtel no.9805686255 and 8894517978.
    I am going to log police complaint also against this no.Can you tell me how airtel can help in this regard.Can you restrict these two no. or i have look for some another network connection.

looking forward to hear from your end.

Vikrant Sharma
    repected sir
    my mobile no 9929791416 from rajestan Iam in mumbai now therefore may I want to cut off my roming
    Dear Team,
    Looking for a kind resolution of the problem. I had contacted airtel and logged a complaint sometime back I have been using Airtel 3G connection for past 2 months in Delhi. However, lately for around 3-4 weeks back. The airtel 3G connection speed has been worse and currently works like a 2G connection. However, there is a huge difference in pricing plans 2G is for 199Rs for 2GB where as 750Rs for 3G for 2GB of usage.

I have been paying the amount mentioned above, however I have been getting speeds of 2G. As a consumer I feel cheated. My call to the call center gave me a weeks turnaround time. Which is not acceptable, specially if someone is dependent on the internet on the GO, which is why I opted for such an expensive plan (which is the most expensive that airtel has for 3G).

Request you to kindly help on this, more quickly.

Rohit Shrivastava,
    i losed my sim and replaced my number since15days my sim was not activated
    i think airtel showroom in bhimavaram was not activating my sim i can give
    24hours time to activate my sim other wise i will complaint to the consumer court so activate my sim as fast as possible
  • edited April 2011
    Letter Sent to Airtel....

I never denied that I didn't use the GPRS service and I never asked for the favor from your side......
    If you are at customer service you should think from the customer's perspective and not from the company's prospective...........

I had unlimited GPRS on my phone from a very long time and never had to look at the GPRS usage....suddenly when I got a new phone and got new GPRS settings from you. And even at the customer service nobody tells you that you have to choose Mobile Office and don't use Airtel live as it is paid....As a customer I would not know what Airtel live does and what Mobile Office does...and if there is no difference between them(as told by customer care team), why do you send settings for both.... What airtel does to make money is that you guys send default setting as Airtel Live and not as Mobile Office (For which I had unlimited usage).

My main problem arises when I got 3G activated on my phone(4th April) and I got the plan where in I had to pay RS200 for 250MB free data usage as commited by the customer care team....when I used the service on that day, I got the message the next day where I had to pay around RS 4600 only for the 3G. I called customer care and they were not even aware that the price is not discounted in the message. These were the lines used by the customer care team "Sir, don't worry about it your 250 Mb is free in Rs200 and after that you would get the charge of 30p/20kb". I said but I don't want to get these kind of messages and in reply he said it depends on your usage and at time I disconnected that plan because I don't want to get these kind of threatening messages....And when I go to your outlet, they say "Apko aise hi waiver de de, Hum yahan kya waiver dene ke liye baithe hain". I am in the same kind of Customer Service industry and believe me in my company if anyone says this to the customer he get fired from the job. But why would you care about it, you have been the 1 of the largest customer database company in India. There is saying in my company "Till the time everything is going fine (Moneywise), nobody is after you...but when company starts loosing customers(Money), Manager and everyone is after you looking for small mistakes done by you....

Again Sir I never wanted to get the waiver of Rs1000 from you guys. I want you guys to charge me Rs200 and give me my 250 mb free data usage as commited by customer care team.....

This your plan and it should not bother you "if a person uses that 250 mb in 1 days and dont' use the internet for next 30 days" or "uses those 250mb in 30 days".

When the customer care told me about the 675 plan I was ready to opt of that but now I thank god that I would have been in big trouble by doing that.....

If you can't do the way your customer care team comitted please let me know in the e-mail. I will pay my bill(apart from the GPRS usage) amount if the due date comes near and after that I will do that till the time I don't get justice from Consumer Court as I know it will take 2 years or may be more.

Please listen to my calls and do let me know if I am at fault anywhere...If I would be at fault anywhere, I am ready to pay the whole amount without even RS1000 waiver. But If I am not at fault you guys should give me whatever is commited from the customer care and may be train the customer care team for do's and don't on the call...

Being the the largest telecom company this is not the way your customers should be treated..

Kunal Kochhar

Kunal Kochhar
  • edited April 2011
    My aiertel fixed line and broadband connection is faulty due to cable fault from airtel side for the period from 22.02.2011 to 19.04.2011 and airtel have raised the bill for the period and demand the bill, so how it is possibel that my connection is not worked for that days and you have demanding the amount the facts may confirm from your technical department if any thing is wrong i have ready to pay the dues and if you are wrong than pleaase gave me the rebate for that period and issue me fresh bill i can not pay the bill for the period from 22.03.2011 to 22.04.2011 in this regard many times conversation with airtel satff and they have agree to gave us rebate but i feel they were telling lie and nothing to do in my favour
  • edited May 2011
    Attn: The Appellate Authority, Airtel
    Dear Madam / Sir
    I am Ajay Sharma user of Airtel Postpaid connection # 9717902555. My last two
    bills are unpaid because I have been billed almost Rs 2600 for internet usage
    that I have not used. Hence I refuse to pay the internet charges. Remove these
    internet charges; I am ready to pay the remaining of my bills.

I refuse to pay the internet charges for the following reasons:

1. As part of my post-paid plan, I bought an Unlimited internet access
    pack worth Rs 198 per month that was meant for unlimited internet access with 2
    GB download. I am authorized for unlimited internet use and my download has not
    exceeded the limit. Hence I refuse to pay anything more than my plan.

2. Last week, one of Airtel representative told me that I had used
    internet via Airtel Live that is a paid service, hence these bills. Neither the
    sales person who sold me the postpaid plan, nor the automatic internet/ GPRS/
    MMS settings provided by Airtel, nor any SMS or email from Airtel ever advised
    that Airtel Live was a paid service. Since Airtel never educated me on their
    services, the company is in-eligible for any additional charges. This is the
    minimum expected from Airtel that they would elaborate on their services and
    then levy any bills. It is un-ethical mal practice in business to hide
    information and then levy charges on customers. (Kindly don¿t tell me that
    Airtel Live is a better / faster internet service than other GPRS access
    points. You have never informed customers on this aspect which would mean that
    you intentionally provide inferior service to all common mobile users. I hope
    you understand that providing inferior service is a mal-practice).

3. It is evident from my bill that my internet use was regular (at every
    3 ¿ 4 minutes interval) and never exceeded 10 seconds for any one instance.
    Nobody can use internet meaningfully in less than 10 seconds, especially on a
    phone handset. Hence, no human was using the internet on my phone (i.e., I did
    not ask for internet service). All the time, Airtel towers were communicating
    with my phone and the Airtel phone settings (Company¿s software) was
    downloading or uploading information on my phone on its own free will, without
    my knowledge. Thus, I refuse to pay for the services that I neither requisioned
    nor used. It was the extortionist software designed and employed by Airtel to
    exploit un-educated customers. I refuse to give in to mal-intensions of Airtel,
    and refuse to pay any amount levied for internet use.

Apart from the internet charges, I was billed for two downloads that I never
    did. Upon a complaint those charges were withdrawn / reversed. This clearly
    demonstrates malicious abilities of Airtel¿s extortionist softwares.

Senior authorities should take deciosn themselves in such cases.

General public should be vigilant and protect themselves from un-asked download charges, un-informed internet charges, and extorshionist instruments of Airtel.

Best wishes
    Ajay Sharma
    Delhi
    M - 9717902555
  • edited June 2011

My Name is KONGKHAM SURAJ KUMAR SINGH i try to contact your costumer care service several times, but din get the line. So if you please sent the GPRS Settings & MMS Setting in my mobile phone & my No. is +919612641105 it will be a very great full to your Air tel Company.

With Regards