Complaint against traffic police

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I have checked e challan site to know whether is any challan is there on my bike no.ap29gh3912. After checking the status i came to know that total 3 challans is issued on my bike no. in which one right but other two are totally wrong for which i have to pay extra Rs275. Y i should pay for thing which i never did. Sir kindly suggest me what to do next.

K.Praveen
  • edited November 2011
    My Car and Scooter while towed by the Traffic Policemen, were damaged and the RTO officers then point fingers on the towing contractor, who has good contacts. The contractors claim that the Vehicle is always damaged prior to be lifted by the Towing employees who manhandle the vehicles, thus damaging them. My Scooter was damaged in the front side & they claimed that another bike fell on it damaging it befor they picked it up. No matter what explaination they give its the loss of the owner of the vehicle. The procedure is we have to logde an FIR for the damages caused to the nearest police station & then follow it up. But no one takes the responsibility to stop the RTO officers & their so called towing contractors to stop the malpractices. Its the owner who has to bear the brunt.
  • edited December 2011

i m in rudrapur,on dated 02.11.2011 i was in my car. traffic police Mr. Harpal Singh which was standing middle of road in the front of Vishal mega mart,when i make horn from my car then he stopped the car and using abusive languages and demanding Rs 500 penaulty.now u think that failure of traffic police but i have paid 500 Rs.
    So i want to ask question why u r not taking action against the traffic police about their worst behavior of Mr.Harpal Singh.i have already listened about Mr.Harpal singh he is torture the rudrapur peoples.
    I am waiting for ur quick response.

• edited April 2012
    I am the residence of Sarojin Nagar, New Delhi, there are some trafic police towing vans who towing vichels which parked at front of residence outside the gate. Normally they check with residence member but now they have a practice that they will check with people who don't know abt the vhicle and they are not resident of Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi. There are Trafic Police man Mr. Sukhvinder no. 2826 P and another trafic police man Mr. Vishram Rank no. HC 1680P they raised a challen charges Rs. 300 which they charged just bcz they have pickup / towing the car wrongly. Although they Mr. Vishram has accepted their mistak but they have no power to waiver for the same challen. Now if you check in Sarojini Nagar Market area where various people park their cars / bike on the road but they have not bothered abt the same as may be they(TP) give them full support for the same. We resident of Sarojini Nagar people is very upset due to this problems but now body will take care of the same.

Thks/Rgds
  • edited May 2012
    on 31st april i was with my brother on a bike around 1 pm near janakpuri west we were crossing a redlight and we took a u-turn suddenly two officers stopped us and file a challan for redlight jumping . We were having all the documents .Their behaviour was rude and they talked to me in unpleasant voice and words ,they said, '" court me course dalna h ya challan katvana h 100 rs dedo aur jao" ,aur challan ki original copy apne pas rkh lete hai .i have noted their name one was head constable Rajbir singh 5652T another was constable Amit Kumar .Sir traffic police are spoiling the image of our delhi do something pls.... specially with both of them
    Thankyou
    HI

My friend came for an interview in yerwada IBM . her 2 wheeler was parked in the NO Parking Zone which was a mistake i agree , however after learning that the traffic police from the nearby Police station had the bike in their custody we went there to release the bike , upon approaching the cops they checked all the documents which were perfect , they slapped a FINE of 1500 on us without challan . and the person who took the money is Mr Mahesh ... people called him MAHESHBHAI who was dressed in civil clothes ,,, this is RIDICULOUS ,,,, SHAME on the POLICE DEPARTMENT that they loot public whenever they can .HOW can u just randomly quote any amount you want to just because you want money all the time ? .
  • edited May 2012
    It's very disappointing that a traffic SI, did not care to listen to me before imposing signal jumping with additional penalty while I was trying to explain him the situation. Besides, he threatened me of detaining my driving license if I do not pay the penalty. I had to pay the penalty and recover my driver's license. It's not about the money/penalty, it is about the humiliation. Why should I end up paying penalty when I am not guilty at all?
  • DrlokeshjhaDrlokeshjha Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Helo all,

This is to bring it to notice of everyone (especially those in gurgaon) and Gurgaon traffic police that there is lot of harassment going on in Gurgaon by traffic police. I had plain glasses in my car, yet they stopped me and forcefully took my driving licence. Even after my repeated request asking them why they think its tinted glass, they said it is tinted. Anyone can make out that it was plain glass. They used foul language and just to make their numbers for the day, they challaned me and kept my driving licence. For a respected citizen of this country, this is goonda raj going on gurgaon. there is no proof that they did this to me. I was alone and they threatened me. They openly asked for money, and when i refused, they challaned. I could see few of their men even drinking. This is height of harassment. I would request you to take it forward.

date: 22/05/2012
    Time: 12:35 PM
    Site: In front of Sapient building, IT park, DLF phase III

I would make complaints at proper level as well but please, lets get together to fight these goondas in uniform. Its good to perform duties but that doesnt mean to harass normal people. This is the reason why crimes re still going on in Gurgaon because nexus is growing between criminals and traffic police.
  • DrlokeshjhaDrlokeshjha Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Helo all,

This is to bring it to notice of everyone (especially those in gurgaon) and Gurgaon traffic police that there is lot of harassment going on in Gurgaon by traffic police. I had plain glasses in my car, yet they stopped me and forcefully took my [COLOR=#009900 !important]driving licence[/COLOR]. Even after my repeated request asking them why they think its tinted glass, they said it is tinted. Anyone can make out that it was plain glass. They used foul language and just to make their numbers for the day, they challaned me and kept my driving licence. For a respected citizen of this country, this is goonda raj going on gurgaon. there is no proof that they did this to me. I was alone and they threatened me. They openly asked for money, and when i refused, they challaned. I could see few of their men even drinking. This is height of harassment. I would request you to take it forward.

date: 22/05/2012
    Time: 12:35 PM
    Site: In front of Sapient building, IT park, DLF phase III

• edited May 2012
    I have traveled by a TAXI (F011 WB04) on dated 23 th MAY, 2012 around 5.25 pm from 14 n0 vasa (nearest joka )to
    tollygunge metro. The meter reading after the journey was horrible . Charge me RS 600.Can you imagine that?????
    What is interesting is previous time i went same distance in taxi by contact they charge me rs 220.
    Once i alerted the driver about the thing, he just refused about the abnormality of his taxi meter.
    There are such taxis within the Kolkata city with manipulated their meter and cheat the public.
    Sir please take action against them.

S.naskar
  • edited May 2012
    Myself and two of my friend went in triples in a two wheeler (my friend was driving his vehicle), and get caught after night show around 2am. We did not had an RC book at that particular time. We refused to pay 1,400Rs demanded by them. We were sent to the police station to another police. In police station, they ceased out vehicle and asked us to take it after producing the RC book.

As we did not had any options , finally we agreed to pay the fine as we will not be able to reach home without vehicle. But we were said that there is nothing they can do. We pleased them few times, but nothing helped us and they used harsh words against us repeatedly, we had no other options to leave the station.

Two of my friends has to travel 30kms to home. I took my friends to my room, by walking about 2-3kms. Next day, my friends went to his home and took RC book and reached the police station. We were asked to pay 1,400 Rs as fine or 600Rs as bribe. We paid 600 and came back.

When in browsing about the fine dues in internet, I went through the page chennaitrafficpolice.in/courtFine.php .I was shocked to see that we are cheated and scared us unnecessarily to get the bribe.

Section77 - Triple Riding - Rs.100/- fine.
    Section177 - Non production of license and RC book, permit, Insurance - Rs.100/- fine

I agree that there is fault in our side too. But police is always police.

I know there is not going to be any change in posting this information here. Let at least 2-3 guys know about it and I have some place to express my sorrows.

Problems we phased:
    1. We were threatened unnecessarily (Police misusing their power).
    2. Unwanted confusion in our mind the whole night, because of the way they treated us in station.
    3. We already exhausted for that day, and 3-4Kms exhaustive walk to my room though dark non-working streetlight roads, and around 10s of barking dogs around us in dark roads. Real night mare :(.
    4. Thousands of thoughts to hid this from my friends parents.
    5. My guilty conscious that, I should have taken an auto to my home instead of triples.
  • edited May 2012
    I have parked my vehicle (2 wheeler) in Hiranadani, Powai and it has been towed by Manjunath Towing.

I have paid the fine towards it at Powai (Opposite LT Gate No.5). The receipt no is 516 (MH-04-B-9515) on 29-05-2012.

The staff has damaged my vehicle and all staff including the trafic police said that it was already there previously.

Please help me in this regard and take strict action agaist them.

Arpit
  • edited June 2012

on 1st of June,2012 at 9 pm. While driving from banjara hills road no 1 at Tajkrishna. i stopped the vehicle just before the white line. immediately a traffic police walked in and locked the vehicle and went off straight away to his officer K.Balakakrisha reddy.

when i told him i did not crossed the line he was screaming at me. i told him your fellow police man wrongly locked the vehicle. i asked him to check CC camera which is above the signal.So, that he can see my vehicle clearly.

He did not asked my driving licensr, RC or any other document. he fined me Rs 200 and not givng my bike keys.
    he is not trying to listen my conversation as well.

it is very bad on K. BALAKRISHNA REDD Part. He is misuing the power and not there for welfare of the people.
    this kind of people should be strictly punished. govt should take strict action against him.

Many people are suffering with the same problem. there are about only 20% police officers are good and rest of them are misusing the power and troubling a common man.

i would request to the govt to take an action against him so that these kind of things will not repeat again.

iam willing to provide my details at any given point of time in this incedence.

i would request to govt or higher police officials to give us a direct access for complaints against your fellow officers who are misusing the power. So, that tomorrow these kind of cheap officers should be scared of repeating these kind of politics and making money.

Please, look into this very seriously.
  • edited June 2012
    This is to bring in your notice that BIJENDER SINGH and KAPIL are doing unethical work.
    The incident took place on 6-6-2012 at 12:40p.m. when we passing from under the I.T.O flyover and moving towards RAJGHAT.
    They stopped us and asked us to pay the fine of Rs 100 (Sl no. 742003 ) for jumping the red light. But it was not the case when we crossed it was green and many more vehicles passed along with us. But, the car just before us applied the brakes while we were crossing and the mean time the light started blinking.
    So they stopped us and asked to pay us when the light started blinking. We can stop in the middle of the road , so we just crossed the light. We tried to explain the same but they did not even listen to our explanation and handed the challan to us.
    This is such a wrong manner to treat a common man and misuse of uniform by government employees.
    We paid the amount but still its a complaint against these people who have no traffic sense.
    Will the actions be taken or these traffic police employees will do the same with other people also and there is no government law to handle government employees?
    Please do take the steps for the betterment of common people

NARESH LATH
  • edited June 2012
    MY husband was stopped near Mindspace Malad West (he was wearing his helmet) and was asked to show his Driving License which he had, then he was asked to show documents of the Pulsar Bike and he had that too then he was asked to show Pollution Certificate and he had that as well but it was expired. It expired just 15 days back. And then the Traffic Constable called Sandeep Khedekar asked him to pay bribe of Rs. 400 or else he will fine him Rs. 700 and obviously my hubby paid him Rs. 400 just for a small mistake. Otherwise he had all these documents. But I do agree it was my Hubby's mistake but was it right morally on the police constable's part to ask him bribe of Rs. 400...400 is a big amount. Will India ever get rid of corruption when we have such Traffic Constables?
  • edited July 2012

This incident happened at Chinthalkunta Check post. I was going to office by my car when a traffic police stopped me and asked me to show the documents. I had all the docs except for pollution test, the constable asked me to meet the so called "Sir". I was very polite in accepting the fact that I forgot the Pollution slip as it carried all the docs in my Bag they got wet over the weekend when I was using my bike. The "Sir" was rude and asked me to pay him 100 Rs and he wouldn't even speak to me coz he did not have his breakfast and is irritated. He also added that he wouldn't speak with anyone and would only take money as he would end up only speaking with them.

I requested the "Sir" that I had the pollution test done on my vehicle and asked to note down my RC no and if I did not show up the next day and present him the pollution slip (dated earlier than today) he can fine to what ever amount he wants to and take any action. As a consolation he gave a Callahan for the amount paid and said they had some targets to meet and so he couldn't let me go.

Please do not have any incentive scheme for traffic police as common man is bearing the brunt. I agree and accept my part of mistake but would also like the police to compassionate and respect others. After all we are humans.

Pavan
  • edited July 2012
    yesterday,evening between 5pm to 6pm at r.k ashram marg:- pahargang near metro station,my car indica white coloured DL-1C-K-0693 was parked there and was picked up by crane in case of no parking.In a very polite manner I went to pahargang police station at 9:30 pm to pay the charge of my guilt but the officer at the duty spoke to me in a very rude manner and said that take your car next morning. at the moment when I saw my car condition I was totally surprise that all the four tyres are flat.now,sir you tell me that how could I go home in such a condition.and after having long discussion with the officers I came home empty handed in auto riksha at1:00pm.
  • edited July 2012
    yesterday,evening between 5pm to 6pm at r.k ashram :- pahargang near metro station,my car indica white coloured DL-1C-K-0693 was parked there. and picked up by crane. I always park my car over there but it was not in my knowledge that it was a restricted area for parking. In a very polite manner I went to pahargang police station at 9:30 pm to pay the charge of my guilt but the officer at the duty spoke to me in a very rude manner and said that take your car next morning. at the moment when I saw my car condition I was totally surprise that all the four tyres are flat.now,sir you tell me that how could I go home in such a condition.and after having long discussion with the officers I came home empty handed in auto riksha at1:00pm.
  • neerajchawla2001neerajchawla2001 Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    I was on my bike and driving and crossed the zebra crossing on green light. After taking right turn a traffic cop caught us and asked for challan and checked all the papers. He talked so rudely and asked for Rs. 100/- as challan. For which i asked that i hv only passed green light. He told us that u can come to court with a lawyer if u dont want to give cash. For which i have to give
    Rs. 100/-, as i didnt want to get things messed. His behaviour was awful and there were several people without halmet even. But he paid deaf ear to them.
    His name was Mr. Satyaveer Singh (Rajouri Garden, New delhi) with his pulsar bike-DL 1SS 0898.

Thanks and Rgds
    Neeraj
  • vishal3213208vishal3213208 Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    I was returning to Gurgaon from Delhi on my bike( Hero Hunk) with my friend on 6th July 2012. My bike was not having number plate because I had purchased the bike from Gurgaon recently and in Gurgaon we dont get numbers for one month or more. There was temp number mentioned on the Bike however that was washed away due to rain. I had all other documents with me like Temporary registration certificate, Insurance and DL. Delhi traffic police official stopped us near India Gate and Impound my Bike. They didnt even listen to us nor checked any document. We were left standing in the heavy rain with no choice to reach to Gurgaon from there and it was around 11 PM of night.
    I have few question for Delhi Police:
    1) Was this such a big crime that they impound my Bike at 11 PM.
    2) They filed me a challan of Rs 1100 that is also not on the spot I have to go from one office to other many times and it took about Rs 1500 from my pocket extra other then challan to ply from one office to other. In the traffic police Website it is mentioned Challan for not displaying number plate is Rs 100 then Why did they impound my vehicle and charge me Rs 1100 for it.
    3) We were left in heavy rain at 11 PM of night near India Gate with no option to reach home if some body looted us or if we get sick due to rain who would be responsible for it. We went to there Pragti Maidan office from around India Gate by foot and heavy rain during night still they didnt even listen to us. Then We took Taxi from there office to Gurgaon at aroung 1 AM because we had no choice and Taxi took Rs 500 for it. Then next day I reached there ACP office near Bangla Saheb Gurduara at 8 AM in the morning. I didnt even get to sleep for the night. It took my whole day for this activity and lots of money and I dodnt think so it was such a BIG crime that traffic police treated me like this. I have to take leave from my office as well for this.
    4) Dont you think Traffic police should have some humanism as well in term of performing Duty.
  • edited July 2012

I was being caught by police yestarday night by Mr. Chaudhary at Amabarnath because my papers were not clear. I was ready to pay the fine but his behaviour was very rude. They are public servent. They are working for us and they are getting payed by our money only. They should be trained more on how to talk with public. Very disappointed by indian police. Becuase of this few constable department is getting blamed.

And also in front of me he ws taking bride of rs 30, 40, 50rs from truck drivers. If this lower lever is corrupted so much then how can we expect from politicians to be no corrupt.

There must be some public body where we public can compliant against this corrupt police which can take a strick and fast action against them.
  • mehul_19851mehul_19851 Junior Member
    Hello All,

I travel on a two-wheeler daily from South Mumbai to Andher East to work.

This morning i.e. Tuesday, 10-July-2012, i came across a very bitter experience. I was on my way to work as usual dealing with the messy Andheri east traffic from the Western Expressway. Initially was waiting at the signal, after the signal went green i took a turn towards Chakala road only to observe that a traffic cop asks me to pullover. I was surprised as i had not vilated any signal or rules, so i asked him why did you stop me, for which he replies directly saying you were using handsfree, without even asking if i was. The scene continues further, when i told him, that i wasnt aware about using handsfree isnt allowed (Hang on! handsfree should not be an issue, after all why did they made handsfree ???). So i argued with him on this fact that then why were handsfree made if they are not allowed to be used ?
    But he continously kept asking for license, but i wasnt ready to give him, as its not righteous, and when i wasnt giving license, he started pulling the keys off my motorbike. When i asked him not to touch the bike, he started using foul language and abusing me. I felt that was too unjust using foul against a citizen that too while on duty! He used words (in Marathi language) saying.... "Chal .. jaa naaa... Chh****", this was too unjust and immoral and i could not stand it so i replied back to him, who will take such words from a traffic cop ?

So then he takes my keys off and walked away. Basically all he wanted is to fine me. And only because i replied him back he took my license away else he would have settled by taking money from me. I had a word with other cop and complained him about the foul language being used by a cop while on duty. HI explained him the situation, he asked me if i was talking on phone while driving, i replied him saying NO, then he asked me to show call list, i showed him and he saw the fact the last call in my list was yesterday night. And then when he came across this fact, he changed his words saying you should not say such things to a cop on duty. To which i replied it was he who used foul language first and i replied it. Why should i buy such foul/ abusive words from him ??

So here i am, on behalf of every Mumbai citizen who comes across such meances all the time.

Many Thanks & Regards,
    Mehul Bhadricha
  • edited July 2012
    I have complain against the traffic police, near railway station pune (Alankar Chowk). I got fined for the offence- MVAct- 236. They charged me 600 rs. for this offence, But when I checked the website, i found there is 100 rs. charges for this offence MVAct- 236.
    So,How shame on you pune police,why You are cheating the "Common Citizens". Please help me in getting justice. This would help in prevent such situations in future.

Details are there:
    Challan no.- 1243744
    Licence no.- DL 3S BC 0276
    Name- Chandra Prakash
  • edited July 2012
    mai Rk puram pe yello light cross ki thi jab 4sec. show kr raha tha or aage police wala rok kr kehta hai ki tune red light cross kiya hai maine bataya ki maine to yello light kross kiya hai red light hone me to abhi 4 sec. baki hai lekin wo nahi mana or mujh se keh raha tha ki red light cross kiya hai 1100 ka chalan hai nahi to bike band hogi, or wo mujh se Rs.500 ghoos mang raha tha, jab maine use Rs.500 dene se mana kr diya to baad me usne zabardasti Rs.100 ka chalan kata. is se mujhe pata chala ki kaha to wo pehle 1100 ka jhotha chalan bata raha tha or Rs.500 ghoos mang raha tha or baad me maine chalan karwaya to Rs.100 lage. isi se pata lagta hai ki delhi traffic polic chor hai.
  • NandaNanda Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    Dear Sir, Im Nandakumar. Today morning while im crossing Raja Muthaiyah salai (Chennai) by mistakenly i didnt notice the signal properly and i crossed the stop line.. because the vehicles before my vehicle crossed the signal so i thought that green signal turned on and i crossed the stop line. Suddenly traffic police caught me, i asked sorry for the thing happened and i said i dint properly notice bcz of the vehicle before me, for that that Traffic police (Veerapandiyan) used very bad words in front of everyone. Traffic police should do their duty, but the duty is not making others feel shame. They should put fine and whatever required for that action. Instead he used very bad words no body can hear. I wants to file a complaint against that traffic police, but i dont know what to do. Kindly give ur comments..
  • edited July 2012
    I'm writing here for putting as complaint against Traffic Police - Kolkata or police department, I am really clueless about whom to say this. People who we look for help and who are the supposed guardian of law - when they treat us partially and rudely using foul words.

I “Ajit Jain” and my friend were on bike, riding slowly from extreme left on the road, just after the green signal shows and here we go, keeping our bike on the left side of the road. A traffic police surgeon named “ Mr. Narayan Nath” from Jorabagan traffic branch stop us, it seems to be a curse. I was asked to provide license, papers etc. Everything was correct. All the papers were valid and OK. But since these beggars [Traffic Police] need some money they start looking everywhere to find some problems. And forcefully blame us with a fake mistake which we have not done.

To achieve his target this beggar [Traffic Police] tore a receipt of Rs. 100 where there was no fault and it was completely unjustifiable.

If this continues in India, we as youth cannot find justice in life. Kindly look into this matter seriously and take a necessary step to provide a true justice.

For Sat Tex Agencies Pvt. Ltd
    Ajit Jain
  • edited July 2012

i am working in a Sofware company which is located at Elnet Software City( close to tidel park) in Thiruvanmiyur. in the building they only providing limited number of car pass per company. rest of the vehicles are parking out of the Compound wall. we have been parking there for 2 years. there is a no-parking board that only dipicts 100 mts. yesterday(25-07-2012) a traffic police came and re write it to 500 meters and right away flatten the tyres without any intimation. there were nearly fifty vehicles got affected by thier crazy activity. this is what they are doing instead of supporting public.
  • edited August 2012
    I am completely shocked at the behavior of traffic police, solan, H.P. When i was going to Solan from Shimla on August 5, 2012, they stopped us at chambaghat while we have all the documents with us. When we asked them, why have we stopped. They replied that we have driving the car very fast and despite of being stopped, we disobeyed the police. But when we crossed the traffic police by our car, we are going at the speed of not more than 50. We crossed watching them, and they have given no signal to stop us. When we argued to them, they completely miss-behaved with us and threatened us to beat. And this is not the end, firstly they are imposing a challan of Rs 1000/- on us. But after our argument, they imposed a chalan of Rs. 1500/-. One of the traffic police man was in civil dress and was the main culprit. He threatened us to beat.

They are the public servents. But they don't know how to deal with the public. Even if we were at guilty (which we are not), they must not have behaved with us like illiterate policemen. If these type of incidents occur again and again, public will not trust the police at all in near future.
  • edited August 2012
    I am forced to pay an amount of Rs 200 although i had all correct and original documents with me by IV th town traffic police in visakhapatnam.
    Firstly they asked me to pay bribe but i refused, initally it was Rs 150 after that they increased it to Rs 200 and asked me to pay these police people are always concerned about their money but not about trafiic and more over are these rules are only for common people what about the vehicles of these police people who will ask about them? I want to complaint on them what can i do please tell me.
  • edited August 2012
    This complaint against traffic police. I want annanagar indianbank in 13/08/2012(Monday) at 12 o'clock. I parked in my bike in front of the bank, after 15min i came back took my bike it was locked at traffic police. There is no any identification i am waiting 1hour 30min nobody come than i went near the traffic police booth asked a police, he told me his going patrolled, i'm waiting some time he came asked my driving licence i gave to him, than i asked why you locked my bike, he told me there is No parking area but there is information about this, He asking me fine Rs.265/ i tell him why i gave to money suddenly he told you come to station take it bike tomorrow. I told him i'm going to join college but he din't respance me, Again i told i dont have money he told you take ATM given to me.Than i took money ATM and given Rs.100/ asking bill he shouting some bad words. pls be a human. This is the traffic police rules?