Insurance ombudsman

adminadmin Administrator
edited September 2014 in General Discussions
INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN

The institution of Insurance Ombudsman was created by the Government of India vide its notification dated 11th November, 1998 to handle complaints of aggrieved insured persons. Claimants who could not get their complaints redressed by insurers may get in touch with the Ombudsman relevant to their states.

Comments

• adminadmin Administrator
    edited July 2010
    Brief note on the functioning of the offices of the Insurance Ombudsman

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The institution of Insurance Ombudsman was created by a Government of India Notification dated 11th November, 1998 with the purpose of quick disposal of the grievances of the insured customers and to mitigate their problems involved in redressal of those grievances. This institution is of great importance and relevance for the protection of interests of policy holders and also in building their confidence in the system. The institution has helped to generate and sustain the faith and confidence amongst the consumers and insurers.

Appointment of Insurance Ombudsman

The governing body of insurance council issues orders of appointment of the insurance Ombudsman on the recommendations of the committee comprising of Chairman, IRDA, Chairman, LIC, Chairman, GIC and a representative of the Central Government. Insurance council comprises of members of the Life Insurance council and general insurance council formed under Section 40 C of the Insurance Act, 1938. The governing body of insurance council consists of representatives of insurance companies.

Eligibility

Ombudsman are drawn from Insurance Industry, Civil Services and Judicial Services.

Terms of office

An insurance Ombudsman is appointed for a term of three years or till the incumbent attains the age of sixty five years, whichever is earlier. Re-appointment is not permitted..

Territorial jurisdiction of Ombudsman

he governing body has appointed twelve Ombudsman across the country allotting them different geographical areas as their areas of jurisdiction. The Ombudsman may hold sitting at various places within their area of jurisdiction in order to expedite disposal of complaints. The offices of the twelve insurance Ombudsmans are located at (1) Bhopal, (2) Bhubaneswar, (3) Cochin, (4) Guwahati, (5) Chandigarh, (6) New Delhi, (7) Chennai, (8) Kolkata, (9) Ahmedabad, (10) Lucknow, (11) Mumbai, (12) Hyderabad. The areas of jurisdiction of each Ombudsman has been mentioned in the list of Ombudsman.

Office Management

The Ombudsman has a secretarial staff provided to him by the insurance council to assist him in discharging his duties. The total expenses on Ombudsman and his staff are incurred by the insurance companies who are members of the insurance council in such proportion as may be decided by the governing body.

Removal from office

An Ombudsman may be removed from service for gross misconduct committed by him during his term of office. The governing body may appoint such person as it thinks fit to conduct enquiry in relation to misconduct of the Ombudsman. All enquiries on misconduct will be sent to Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority which may take a decision as to the proposed action to be taken against the Ombudsman. On recommendations of the IRDA, the Governing Body may terminate his services, in case he is found guilty.

Power of Ombudsman

Insurance Ombudsman has two types of functions to perform (1) conciliation, (2) Award making. The insurance Ombudsman is empowered to receive and consider complaints in respect of personal lines of insurance from any person who has any grievance against an insurer. The complaint may relate to any grievance against the insurer i.e. (a) any partial or total repudiation of claims by the insurance companies, (b) dispute with regard to premium paid or payable in terms of the policy, (c) dispute on the legal construction of the policy wordings in case such dispute relates to claims; (d) delay in settlement of claims and (e) non-issuance of any insurance document to customers after receipt of premium.

Ombudsman's powers are restricted to insurance contracts of value not exceeding Rs. 20 lakhs. The insurance companies are required to honour the awards passed by an Insurance Ombudsman within three months.

Manner of lodging complaint

The complaint by an aggrieved person has to be in writing, and addressed to the insurance Ombudsman of the jurisdiction under which the office of the insurer falls. The complaint can also be lodged through the legal heirs of the insured. Before lodging a complaint:

i) the complainant should have made a representation to the insurer named in the complaint and the insurer either should have rejected the complaint or the complainant have not received any reply within a period of one month after the concerned insurer has received his complaint or he is not satisfied with the reply of the insurer.
    ii) The complaint is not made later than one year after the insurer had replied.
    iii) The same complaint on the subject should not be pending with before any court, consumer forum or arbitrator.

Recommendations of the Ombudsman

When a complaint is settled through the mediation of the Ombudsman, he shall make the recommendations which he thinks fair in the circumstances of the case. Such a recommendation shall be made not later than one month and copies of the same sent to complainant and the insurance company concerned. If the complainant accepts recommendations, he will send a communication in writing within 15 days of the date of receipt accepting the settlement.

Award

The ombudsman shall pass an award within a period of three months from the receipt of the complaint. The awards are binding upon the insurance companies.

If the policy holder is not satisfied with the award of the Ombudsman he can approach other venues like Consumer Forums and Courts of law for redressal of his grievances.

As per the policy-holder's protection regulations, every insurer shall inform the policy holder along with the policy document in respect of the insurance Ombudsman in whose jurisdiction his office falls for the purpose of grievances redressal arising if any subsequently.

Steady increase in number of complaints received by various Ombudsman shows that the policy-holders are reposing their confidence in the institution of Insurance Ombudsman. [/FONT]
  • edited August 2013
    Respected
    I had applied for HDFC life Pro growth plus policy (No. 16051496) at HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co. Ltd.,. I
    had bee informed that I can cancel my policy within 30 days after
    reception of policy documents by courier by the policy agent.
    same thing is confirmed by the executive in 'confirmation' call received
    after my application.

I received original policy documents on 13 / 05 /2013. After reading
    terms & conditions, I decided to cancel the policy as I was not
    agree with it.
    Also I found that lookin period (cancellation period) mentioned is both
    30 days & 15 days for different channels. I was not sure about the
    channel applicable to me, so I called customer care on 23 / 05/ 2013
    (after 10th day of policy received date) for confirmation about lookin
    period. I got the information that I can cancel the policy within 30
    days. I requested to confirm once again & same was confirmed by the
    customer care executive.
    So I visited the Company's Aundh (pune) branch on 29 /05 /2013 (after
    16th day of policy received date)with original & other necessary
    documents, but my request denied with the reason that I have exceeded
    maximum lookin period of 15 days.

later on I continuously requested to cancel the policy by Emails, but
    company denied my request.

Please help me in this matter.

Prasad Kulkarni
  • edited August 2013

This is to lodge an official complaint against the forgery committed by Reliance Life Insurance's agent A B capital (20879724, Kolkata).
    They have sold the following Reliance Life Insurance policies to my retired and pensioner father Dr Amitabha Chakraborty (Reliance client ID 77415274) -

17939087 , 50527237 , 50586127 , 50693867 , 50820385 , 50953039

For all these policies the person whose life is assured is me (Mrs Ujjaini Mukherjee). In all the submitted applications, my signature was forged by the agents who sold the policies by hook and crook. I was not present in India during those days when my signature was forged. My passport has all the entry and exit dates as proof of that. In the application for policy 50527237, in the field 22, my name is given as "UJJAINI DASGUPTA" and it was signed as Ujjaini Mukherjee.

My father is bed-ridden for quite some time, and he is quite sick, can not walk, he is not able to remember everything. He lives in Kolkata under care of a whole-timer. In last two years he was hospitalized twice. His total income in year through pension is approximately Rs 216000 (around Rs18000/month), he has a whole-timer, a cook, and a maid, also he has to pay for his medicine and hospital, doctor visits. He is NEITHER eligible NOR capable to pay total premium of approximately Rs 190000.

I wonder, on what basis Reliance Life Insurance sold these policies to him ? He does not have enough income to sustain these policies. Why RLI did not verify income for the eligibility ?

Who forged my signatures ? Why Reliance Life did not verify the submission with proper care ?

I want immediate investigation on these policy applications, and want quick refund and suspension of these policies.

Ujjaini Mukherjee
  • edited September 2013

I have purchased policy no 769700345 SHIKSHA PLUS OF MAX LIFE INSURANCE Aliganj branch Lucknow in the month of July 2010 at the premium of Rs 12500/- halfyearly thru its advisor Ms. Pooja Srivastava and her senior Mr. Vineet.

I was continiously presurrised from the advisor for purchase of the policy as she was in urgent need of confirmation of her services with the company. Being humanbeing I agreed the request and purchased the policy.

I deposited my 3 premiums amounting to Rs 37500/- in 18 months. After that I approached the advisor thru mobile but there was no reply and all of a sudden I got response from the office that she has resigned from the company. Even there was no confirmation from the office for her resignation.

At the beginning of the policy I was not informed about the locking period but going thru the documents I found that it can be surrendered after 3 years. I waited for this time and thereafter approached the Aliganj branch office from there I got response that this amount cannot be payable as it is lapsed policy.

Sir, this has brought me the agony of being cheated and felt getting emotionally blackmailed intially at the time of purchase. Sir, I would request your goodself to kindly arrange to look into for getting back my hardearned money for which I shall be grateful.

REGARDS,

RAJENDRA SINGH KHATI
    S 158 SHAKTI NAGAR
    FAIZABAD ROAD
    LUCKNOW
    MOB NO 9452756204
    Email : rs_khati@yahoo.co.in
  • edited September 2013
    I have a Volkswagen Vento Highline 2011 renewed with SBI General Insurance in January, 2013.

My car was damaged in February, 2013 and i registered the claim for it in September, 2013. I paid a premium for one year and therefore any damages caused to my car after the renewal of my insurance is supposed to be covered under the policy. I have been denied claim just because i did not register a claim earlier. Also, a survey is conducted at the beginning of the one year tenure in which photographs of the current condition of the car is taken. Any damage caused to the car there after is supposed to be covered under the policy regardless of the date on which the claims are made.

This is pure injustice as i have paid a premium for a whole year and if my car is not covered up for damages during that tenure then the whole purpose of insuring my car is defeated.
    admin wrote: »
    INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN

advisor code002469,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,branch name 000................es branch ke ek advisor jiska naam vishal malhotra hai usne mujhe rong policy sell kiya hai mujhe usko panish karna hai mujhe mera paisa wapis diya jaaye n jada tarm ki wo policy sell ki hai rong way se n mai eske liye pahale bhi comlpant kar chuka hu but kisi ne kuch nai kya plz help me naooo werna mai cort case karuga abb aapki company ke khilaf plz meri problam solw ki jaaye .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. NARENDRA JOSHI...............
    my dear sir,

Sir i was taken icici health sum assured policy no. 14042591 from 16th june 2010 and paid 05 premium @ 10000/- half yearly so paid 50,000/- but at present i am unable next premium. So i want my policy surrender, please my last policy value cheque sent following address.

Rly. Qtr. 89/01, Station ward railway colony Bhatapara
    P.O. Bhatapara, Dist- balodabazar C.G -493118
    dear sir/ madam
    on 09 oct 2013 i have done 2 wheelers insurance (icici lombard) by Pushpa Honda in mansarovar and insurance bill is 949 INR but by dealer give me cash recived of 950 INR and when i come again to receive my 1 INR he gave me warrning that i will cancelled you insurance if u want 1 INR from me.............
    so by this mis beheave in came down in deppresion so i need help and supprot by consumer court for this...................

Insurance polcy no- 3005/2010695397/B/0000006570
    cash recipt no - 3819
    dear sir/ madam

Insurance polcy no- 3005/2010695397/B/0000006570
    cash recipt no - 3819
  • edited October 2013
    Despite of my several visits to Samsung service center-Prayag Services,Pune 411007, I have yet not received my mobile phone which i gave for repair on 25/09/13 (Bill NO.-4160188482) and I was told that I would be receiving the same in the very next visit.But i have yet not got it.It is an example of utter poor servicing quality which is not expected from a company like Samsung.I request you to speed up the delivery process and deliver my mobile phone as soon as possible

Chirag Devani
  • edited October 2013
    this is in reference to my call to Bajaj Allianz Customer Care no. 18001037272. This number does not work. four I was told that my estimated waiting time is three minutes and the process continued and again and again my call was delayed for 3 miutes. I dialed from the number 9007152532 at 19:05 on October 29, 2013 from faizabad Uttar pradesh, finally my call got disconnected at 19:20.

I request that the customer care service should behave in a responsible manner and provide the correct estimated time so that the valuable time of the customer may be saved.
  • edited November 2013
    i have taken several policy of bajaj allianz lic ltd , i have surendered few of them in whichi have doubt of coruption in policy fund value, because when the market is rising my money is increasing little bit but when market crases there is diference of thosand of rupees, can i go for rti, or how can i get the data of of my policy record fund value,.plz help, email-pradipdevdaskr.kumar@gmail.com
  • edited November 2013
    The hdfc life insurance company's broker sold me missold 4 policies instead of one policy so i contacted to their branch but couldn't get proper response relating it. i had complained it 3 times always they denied.what shall i do because policies are in laps position.
    Dear Reliance Team,

I want to put a complaint against your surveyor aligned with A-1 motors Hyundai Workshop,Ballabhgarh. My hyundai car with below details:

Model : Hyundai Santro GLS
    Registration Number : HR29 W 1400
    Year : 2009
    Owner : Devender Bansal(My Father)
    Contact Number : 08285753716
    Insurance Policy : 1303532311007548
    Surveyor Name : Mr. Avinash Malhotra
    Surveyor Contact No : 7503123023

I met with an accident 31 Oct 2013, in which my Car's bumper ,left side gate and back light got damaged due to a collision with a Rickshaw driving on wrong way while I was taking a left turn in a street .While turning left and trying to minimize the collision with rickshaw, left side door of the car got bumped into the street light.

I gave my car for repair under insurance claim(Reliance) to A-1 motors Hyundai Workshop , Ballabgarh,Faridabad on Tuesday, 6th Nov 2013. There was no update from the surveyor regarding my claim however I called up continously for three days(8th,9th,10 Nov) only to know that the surveyor has not given the response. He is Making me Fool from last one week i.e. “It’s in Process”

Now, when I called up the surveyor today morning to enquire about the status, I got to know that my bumper will not get repaired even when it is very much covered under insurance just like the backlight and left side.When I asked the surveyor on phone for the reason then He said "Ye sab mujhe nhi pata , iska nahi mil sakta aapko kuch claim, aapko karna hai to apne aap karo jaise marzi."( I dont know these things, you can't get this claim. You manage this yourself, I dont know)

As a loyal customer of Reliance since three years, I request you to please intervene in this and get this resolved for me.

Bhupesh Bansal
    Ballabgarh,Faridabad
  • edited December 2013
    I regret to inform to complaint on lic of India regarding settlement of matured lic policy no.841932494. sir, the policy matured ondt.20.05.2013 at lic branch office SRI KALA HASTI., chittoor (dt) ANDHRA PRADESH has not taken any action to settle my matured policy even several personal requests and written requests. I am a retired employe from a public ltd. corporation and I am under financial problems.
    So, Sir I request you to kindly solve my problem immediately I shall 0blise you Sir.
    Thanking you sir
    Yours faithfully,
    M.C.BATHAIAH
    dr.no.3/587, peerla chavidi street,
    SRI KALAHASTI- 517644,
    CHITTOOR,dt, ANDHRA PRADESH.
  • edited January 2014
    Policy NO: 7290031130100003936 , Am meet with accident couple of months before (i.e. 12th Oct'13 ) HYUNDAI I 10 ERA, My self informed to Dindigul branch Mr. Ibrahim who's agent in NEW INDIA INSURANCE, not even he came to the sport and never support to guide to enable to release vehicle from police by getting legal documents and RTO for the same. So, that also never worried for the careless from the insurance agent. After completing those stuffs hand over the car to Hyundai show room, after repaired the damaged car show room person called Insurance guy, but he could didn't come for the same, since he told he is suffering from eye pain, that gentle man took month than one month to reach over the place...as now still we are not getting any response. So, am request you to look in to it for the following issue and revert back for the same.

• edited January 2014
    My Name is Renu Singh, and my Policy No- is 51092162 & Complaint No. 0017682122/2 form sep 2012 till now no positive reply from Reliance Insurance co., i got this policy in 28th July, 2013, with investment amount of Rs. 99000/- i received call from one the agent of Reliance co. from Delhi . and she told me you will get bonus of Rs .50000/- and pension plan after jan, 2014. and you will get 80% loan also. after a month you will get FTL i.e, (Fund Transfer Letter). in that letter you will get written information bonus amount is 50000 on 05th oct 2013. & your investment amount also get return because its an one time investment plan.

But after paid i was received documents, its showing long terms Policy and i have to pay seven years and i will get benefit after 15 years this is unbelievable, and at that time that agent continues in touch me informed me that u will get that letter soon. after free lock period there is no call even i didn't received that letter. even they dont received my calls also. so i complaint to andheri head office they said we cannot do any thing on that .

Now am in very bad condition .

i am continuous follow up with Reliance customer service please help me i want my money back. Complaint No. 0017682122/1 dtd: 27/09/2013.

please contact me for more information.

Renu Singh
  • edited February 2014
    I was in the market looking for a Health insurance policy for my mother who is ages 56 years and had a existing ICICI Lombard Health insurance plan for the last 3 years.

Suddenly out of the Blues I received a renewal notice from ICICI Lombard saying that they have conveniently decided to increase the Premium amount by 2 folds.

(I later understood that the reason for this sudden increase was because they had already received 3 years of Premium from me and now that my mother was covered for all Critical illnesses they just did not want to honor the Health Insurance plan and increasing the premium is a way to discourage old customer to move out of their system. Pretty Smart!)

And just to be clear my mother has no pre existing illnesses and has never been hospitalized.

So coming back I was looking for the Health Insurance portability option which is now a rule as per IRDA so I did some online research and go in touch with a company in Delhi called Medi Manage(medimanage.com) - Rep name Snehal Dhanu who claimed that they were totally into guiding health insurance customer find the right policy for their needs.

So she asked me to send her to details about my mothers existing ICICI Lombard Health insurance policy and later offered me 3 options and Religare Health insurance was a part of it. I choose Religare based on the advise received from Snehal Dhanu - medimanage.

Now let me be clear Snehal and her co-worker did tell me that there is a possibility that Religare might delay the issuance of the portability policy as no one in the Indian Insurance industry wants to take on the risks from another Health insurance even though IRDA rules requires them to. But as we live in India I guess we must just accept such things as companies do not have any sort of ethics.

So 2 weeks back Mr Shayam (Religare Health Insurance companies Manager) comes to visit my residence in Bangalore in order to collect all the documents and fill up the forms for my mothers health insurance policy.

I asked him clearly about the Turn around time and he point blank lied to me that he will send me the receipt within 24 hours to my email id. I did not receive any emails (till date).

They en cash my cheque on the next Bank's working day and I only get to know this due to my Bank sending me an sms.

And then just silence.........................

I then get worried and send an email to Snehal at medimanage about the status of the Health Insurance but she says she is also surprised because she had expected Religare to have contacted me by now and completed the required Health Check up etc etc and my policy should have been processed. So i requested her to follow up on this and get back to me quickly as I did not want the prior policy to expire without a new policy in place.

And Yesterday on the date when my ICICI Lombard Health Insurance is going to expire I receive a call from Snehal who tells me that Religare is not moving forward with the renewal as they are also following shaddy business practice of ignoring IRDA circular about portability and are also not giving a clear explanation about the delay. So I just told her to cancel the policy and have my money returned back ASAP. She then tells me that this might take like 10 working days.

Now me and my mother have just been left to fend for ourselves where Insurance companies like Religare who build up good looking offices/Websites/ Brand Name and So called Managers like Shyam are only interested in pocketing their commission or reaching their monthly targets but then have no regards in order to follow up with he customer or providing accurate information.

Please guys Do not take any Health Insurance policy from Religare Health Insurance company ever ! You will just get conned today or tomorrow at the day of renewal as I have already experienced it.

Religare proposal Number - 1100400001759

Rakesh
  • edited March 2014

My name is Rincy

I have an insurance policy in aviva insurance company for last 2 years, Now I want to cancel my policy but the company says it should be cancel become 3 years. The company says if you cancel your 1st year premium of 10000 should be lost and the return 30% of next two years premium. So they told me to pay 2 installment of 5000 and before 1 year they return me only rs 6000.

This is cheating so please help me what should I do? I paid rs 20000 total. Please take necessary action against AVIVA INSURANCE COMPANY

my email- jominvvarghese@gmail.com
  • edited April 2014
    Pol. no. 154500/48/12/8500006625 issued by National Insurance Company Ltd.
    TPA: MedSave India
    Submitted on 27/01/2014 Claim approved before 10/03/2014 But payment not made as yet showing reason of Year ending(?)
  • edited May 2014
    hi

I had taken a policy with Max New york life insurance in december 2008 and had paid monthly premium of Rs. 5000/- per month for 21 months amounting to 1.05,000. I stopped paying as my agent told me that i needed to pay for 21 months only and after the policy completes 3 years i can withdraw my money.

when i contacted max after completion of 3 years they refused to refund any amount and said i was supposed to pay for 60 months...i raised the complain with their grievance cell but they did not refund

it has be over 5 years since i took the policy and i raised a case with Life Insurance omsbudperson in 2012 and they gave me case number as 714/2012 and i have been following up with ombudsperson and they told me a new ombudsperson will be appointed and then he would look into cases and it has been six months since i have been hearing this.

Please let me know whether i can get my hard earned money back as no one responds on mail sent to ombudsperson office or pick up the call

Please help
    Geeta
  • sidonline2sidonline2 Junior Member
    edited May 2014

Policy No. 443294715
    The said policy is owned by me. I am serving soldier of Indian Army.This policy was purchased by me through their auth agent Mainak Datta ( Code 167874) who has mis-sold the insurance policy to me and is completely out of touch after i purchased this policy.

Total of five semi annual premium( of Rs 12000/- each ) was paid by me. Total costing to be Rs 60000/- . When i contacted MNYL for redeeming my money as I require it for my urgent needs and for such hard times i had invested in MNYL. If for such crucial days any individual invests their hard earned money to compensate for times of dire need.

When I had called i was told i had not paid one premium and the total hard earned sweat invested in MYNL is lapsed.

I know due to my profession of national interest and high degree of security and my postings at hard locations i could not personally look into the matter. That is why the entire process is looked after my family.

The is absolutely no intimation of such lapses to me either telephonically , or through emails or through mails at the specified address by me. The last email received by me is on june 2009, the given mobile no. was functional till june 2013. the given land line no . is functional since 1998 and the given address exists since 1996.

If the co. has shown some concern towards their customer such lapses could be avoided. For the lapses of Company why the poor soldier needs to be harassed.

Such lackadaisical attitude clearly indicates malafide intentions to harass the soldier of the Indian Army .When this policy was sold to me it was clearly told i can draw my entire moner after the locking period of 3 years and in terms and conditiond it was rather misguided and mis-sold to me.

I request your sincere and immediate concern to adress the issue and return the amount to me after due consideration of investing in your company for 7 years.
    Your immdiate reply is deeply requested to provide justice to money hard earned by safeguarding the nation by a SOLDIER.

Now when i had escalated the issue they are saying they are nowhere concernned with zero surrender value.It is the case of absolute negligiency of consumer affairs and fraud.

Siddharth Sharma

0581-2412932
    9412194442
  • Ashok kulkarniAshok kulkarni Junior Member
    edited June 2014
    Sir ,I have purchased Future Guarantee ULIP , Future Generali Insuranace on 24/03/2009 & policy number 00095446 ,Premium amount Rs 11000/- per annum , terms of policy 20 years ,I have paid five full premium i.e.Rs. 55000/- after five years I want to surrender my policy ,as per company terms & condition 2% service charges will be deducted and as per fund value depending on market value amount will be paid, but now Future Generali Insuranace company not ready to pay 1st premium of Rs. 11000/- which I have paid ,the company is ready to pay and considering 4 premiums amount Rs. 44000.00 on as per market value approximately Rs.38000.00 will be paid ,remaining Ist premium amount Rs.11000.00 fore fitting. This is cheating the customers
    I have registered my on line complaint at IRDA on 10/04/2014 and given token Number – 03-14-036023 still I have not received any response from Future Generali Insurance company. Kindly guide & inform for further action.

Yours faithfully

KARNATAKA

+919341061743
    +918147547925
    Respected sir

i am using prepaid mobile of idea having number 9911436322 and an amount of rs. 45/- was deducted on 06/06/2014 in the name of caller tune without any request. After filing complain to idea, they are refused to refund the said amount. The matter is not only an amount of rs. 45/- but this company is illegally charging and dedcucting money to any prepaid mobile user without any services and hence i am aggrieved to that company. I request your lord to kindly refund that amount and provide me justice at the earliest

thanking your

ram pravesh prasad
    mob. No. 9810405158
    house no. 2054/31
    gali no. 1, ashok garden
    nr. Rajendra park
    gurgaon-122001
  • edited June 2014
    I am bought Max Bupa policy two years back 09.06.2012 for my dependent parents. I paid hefty premium to Max Bupa so that my parents doesn't get suffer interms of medical treatment. However, recently my mom got diagnosed Bladder cancer in feb 2014. We were going to admit her in Sir Ganga ram hospital. They denied my mom pre auth unnecessarily. They denied our claim on the reason that my mom is suffering from Hyper Tension from the past three four years. During the pre auth she mentioned the treating Doctor that there can be a possibility of 3-4 years if Hypertension, however treatment is only for one year and same was recorded by the doctor. Hyper tension was not diagnosed before and she was not aware about this. She never been admitted to hospital before. They refused it on this basis. I went their office and after pleading them several times they said that please get an affidavit from the treating regarding this which was unjustifiable. but I still went ahead to do it so that its get settle amicably. I went to Doctor then Tis hazari court for affidavit then they said that affidavit is from first class magistrate then I again followed the same procedure with more hiccups. Then I couriered that affidavit to them they said that we have not received it till now and creating a trouble for me. When I reported this matter to grievance person of Max bupa (Saurabh Tripathi) and after sending several emails regarding the tracking number of courier then they said that we have received the courier. Then I sent my bills of mother Mrs. Anju Jain (hospitalization) then they again rejected my claim.

Never buy any policy from Max bupa. They will bully you unnecessarily and will reject your claim. They create headache for any policy holder. you can contact me at ankijaini_2007@yahoo.com

Ankit Jain
  • edited June 2014

The Policy no.161936992 with LIC of india, the Policy is on my name Shasvat Garg S/o Lt. Sh. Ram Parkash Garg. My father purchased policy from LIC of India in 2000 when i was 6 Month old. My father Sh. Ram Parkash Garg has been died on 18.01.2011.we have submitted the required papers in the following manner:

1. On dated 12.03.2011 we send the original death certificate, copy of policy bond along with covering letter to LIC sec-17 Chandigarh Branch as my father purchased policy from them.
    2. Chandigarh branch replied on 23rd that this Policy belongs to Karol Bagh, Delhi and they return the document to us .
    3. Then We submitted the required document to branch office Bapu Bhawan, Karol Bagh Delhi on dated 28.03.2011
    4. Further we have send a reminder to Karol Bagh branch on dated 29.04.2011 to know the status of the proceeding.
    5. Further we have send a reminder to Karol Bagh branch on dated 16.06.2014 to know the status of the proceeding.

No action has been taken yet. we have personally visited Karol Bagh branch so many time. But the only replied from their side is “Matter is under Processing”.
    Please help me.

Shalimar Bagh,
    Delhi-110088
    admin wrote: »
    INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN

My Postal Life Insurance Policy No.KL/10708-B Matured in 30th June 2913 and after submitting Policy Bond and uptodate premium paid passbook andmy frequent reminders and
    Contacts over telephone 0487-2423531, 0471-2305252 and 0471-2305348 neither the maturity amount received nor got any positive reply till today from them. From their Trivandrum office they used to say that this can be paid by Trichur branch and Trichur branch always says that they have forwarded the Bond and Pass book to Trivandrum and unless and until they receive intimation from Trivandrum branch they can not pay the amount. I find no other way but to seek help from your good office and I sincerely hope your office will take up the matter and do the needful to get the Maturity value along with penalty for the late payment of the amount . This penalty is for my mental tension and my financial commitments that I could not meet so far and the damage for the same can not be paid by cash and hence this request.
    Yours faithfully,
    =Balakrishnan.M.A.
    mabk45@gmail.com
  • edited July 2014
    I have taken car car loan (vec no -cg-16b 2095 sandeep kumar dey ) dt 16/3/2010 sandeep ku dey in four year i make poLICY CAR INSURANCE from bajaj alliance and UNITED INDIA INS CO LTD INSURANCE VaLID 17/7/14 POLICE NO-1916013113P102524883 and every year i submeted sbi branch. By the sbi agent forcely one insurance is made in my name but NOT FILL ANY FORM OR SIGNATURE (false signature has been made in proposle form by sbi agent MR SAMSAR SINGH
    MOBILE NO-8518880896 or sbi loan dept(Mr. ekka) branch code 3811 chirimiri c.g.
    .SBI General Insurance Policy No. 1000244 CAR NO CG 16 B 2288 (the ownner name sanjay ku verma )THIS CAR NOT bt the insurance amount is dedected from my loan account but the policy was in another name so i and sbi loan department cannot get any benifit from this type of fake insurance policy
    and also i had not recive any policy bond or information or any communication of POLICY BOND till date (LAST ONE YEAR in police active period) . only in last date one policy renewal notes is came on 22/5/2014 FROM SBI to pay Rs 5867/ SO PLS CANCELE
    after verifying and reissue this policy bond in my name dt. 17.07.14 I came to know the all matters of my false insurance please as soon as sent me all the initial proposal from policy no. 1000244 dt. in the period of 22.05.13 i had also complained sbi general insurance irda and mr. ekka sbi bank ,mr. anand kumar,mr. hariharan to give me a copy of intial proposal from bt till 1 month i had not recive any proposal from sbi general life insurance branch my next step is to i am going to consumer forem and media to justify the policy. so please make a new policy in my name and in my car no. in this year which effect from 16.07.14 my contact no. 9301394005
  • edited July 2014
    I am nurun neher begum my policy no 0077801737. I have purchesed of century plus policy from bajajallianz life insurence company. I pay 100000 . Comany comencement 5 yr doble. 5 yr complete no doble. my nerest customer Mr debasish biswas policy no 0082481707. Allready sattelment amont settelup . fund swiching case . Why i no sattelment amont. I recived forclose amont 25600. Please imidate slove .
    Nurun neher begum