Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman

Comments

• edited August 2010
    S K Gautam wrote: »
    I am a classic customer of HDFC bank and offered a pre approved loan at 9.50% and forms were filled up for submission. suddenly an internal competitor of HDFC bank RM approached me and offered 9.25% interest. Hence the submitted form brought back to me and a new form submitted with revised interest rate. He advised the EMI details with his calculations and got the signature.

After getting the loan, i received the repayment schedule with 9.86% interest with same EMI causing me a loss of Rs.15000/ appox over a 5 years of time. The copy of agreement provided by bank to me is not signed by me though my signature impressions are there.

Later on complaint to the customer care and the management and further personal meeting by HDFC officials it is concluded that I am suppose to honour the agreement which is not signed by me actually and has my forged signature.

I am regularly paying the installment as per imposed interest rate as on date.

For the evidence i have the email communication from HDFC concerned RM for the settlement of the matter by paying me the difference of higher interest through their DSA and close the matter. While, officially the HDFC is not accepting the same and not ready to settle.

I do not want any response from HDFC bank officials or customer care as i have already lost my 6 months time.

Dear Gautam,

We are sorry about the inconvenience you have been put through. We would like to investigate this matter further - to do this however, we would need additional details from you. Request you to please write in to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your loan account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00094826082010. As soon as we receive this information, a bank representative shall contact you.

• vishal3213208vishal3213208 Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Sir I had a Credit Card of HDFC BANK No. 4346781007359045. There was a Fraudulent Charges on 15th October, 2009 for the amount of Rs 18,970. Nw this amount is Rs Rs.33,027.59. Even on the charge slip signatures are totally fraudulent. I think its the responsibility of the merchant also to verify signature for such a huge amount. I am writing to the bank from that time, even I had contacted with there nodal officer(RAMDAS RAMASWAMY) however I am not getting any proper response. There collection team is calling me and my father. I am going through harrassment from that time. Please help me. I wanted this issue to get resolved.

Sir I had contacted with HDFC talktous email address, however they are also giving the same solution and reply. Please help me in resolving this issue. These charges are totally fraudulent. Signatures on the charge slip are even fraudulent. Merchant should responsible for checking signature on card and verify it. Please help me.
  • edited August 2010
    Citi bank is charging service tax on the interest charged on the credit card balances i am of the considered opinion that this aspect has to be examined as the interest charged is not a service hence this practice is wrong

Dear Mr. Thakur,

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail dated August 27, 2010 regarding credit card account. At the very outset, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in resolving your query / issue and the inconvenience caused to you. We would need some more time to resolve the query / issue raised by you and request you to bear with us. We will revert to you in three working days.

We urge you to treat this delay as an exception and assure you that we are committed to quality customer service. We apologize once again and re-assure you that every effort from our side is being made to have your query / issue resolved at the earliest.

• edited August 2010

This is to be informed you that, I Mritunjay Raj Kanth working with Consulting Engineering services ( I) Pvt. Ltd. 5th floor-57-Nehru Place New Delhi. My employee code is E4200 and I have salary account in Central Bank of India, Nehru Place , New Delhi

On 06-Aug-2010, I am checking Bank Account through internet in above mentioned A/c Number, I was shocked to see that two transactions had done from my account for sum of Rupees 20000/- ( 1st Rs 2000 & 2nd Rs 18000) on 05-Aug-2010. These transactions had not done by me and there is no alert message received on my mobile number regarding this transaction.

When, I complained in bank then Bank Manager told me very rudely that we can not help you . The amount has been transferred to account no. 3063618999, name: Ms. Maushami Saha, Central bank of India at Jadav pur Branch, Kolkata through Internet Banking.

These transactions has not done by me this is totally illegal transaction, I request to please look into this matter and register a complain and also try to recover to my money.

Till this date I have not any feedback from either bank or police.

Thanking You

Central Bank of India, Nehru Place
    New Delhi-110019
  • VikramGautamVikramGautam Junior Member
    edited September 2010
    I just closed my saving a/c in United Bank of India at Shahzada Bagh branch , New Delhi -35. The Bank charges me Rs. 104 as closing charges. When I asked about the charges they say it was charged because of stationary. Is it right to charge such arbitrary amount by a Nationalized Bank. Where can I complain against the bank.
    My a/c details are
    Saving bank a/c no. 132225
    Bank: United Bank of India , Shahzada Bagh Branch, New Delhi - 110035
    Name : Vikram Gautam
  • edited September 2010
    I am alahari janardhan rao, Asst prof , Bapatla engg college, Bapatla, account holder of your esteemed bank with a/c no.10934145599 since2002, Bapatla.
    Now my account trasfered to Tadepalligudem, West godhavari (dt), Working as asst prof sri vasavi engg college, TP Gudem. I Requsted for gold loan, The person who is taking gold and sanctioning loan not interested to sanction for that she is demanding lot of documentation. If I failed to repay my Gold is with you. Then what is the problem. Please provide what are the documents required for gold loan. For which kind of actness I will be grateful to you sir.

Yours faithfully
    A.Janardhan rao,
    asst prof
    sri vasavi engg college,
    TP Gudem.
    I M A SBI A/C HOLDER,
    MY A/C No.- 10852306285, Branch DLW VARANASI.
    My ATM CARD No.- 622018018680008388.

By using the above ATM card I withdraw an amount of Rs 7000 from the ATM of BANK OF BARODA which particular is as follow-
    Location - MUGALSARAI
    ATM ID - 1SDVAR10
    Trans. No.- 1186
    Date 06/08/2010
    Time 13:18.
    With sorrow I want to say that I did not got any amount from that ATM,but the said money deducted from my SBI A/C.
    I have written my complain in the complain book available in that ATM.
    I lodged complain in written to the branch manager, SBI, DLW VARANASI on 10/08/2010 also.
    After ten days again I given complain to branch manager, SBI, DLW VARANASI on 20/08/2010. till now my money not return back.

kindly take immidiate action to return my money.
    Thanking you.
  • edited September 2010
    I hold a credit card of Standard Chartered Bank, they has cross sold me a product called as Card enhancement pack(CEP), they informed me that the same will be received in a weeks time, which actually was never recd at my end for the next 15 to 20 days. Hence i proactively called them and told them that please take a cancellation request as the same has not been received till date. The Phone banking officer hence on my request cancelled the card.
    Later i recd a stmt charging me Rs 4000 for the same for which i immediately called them and told to reverse the said charges for which they reversed only 3000 and said that as per their policy they can reverse only 75% of the amount.

They are now adamant on it and are not willing to reverse the entire amount as a part of thier policy for which the customer has to bear the charges. The entire issue has taken over 3-4 months but no positive reply.

Please help in resolving the same at the earliest.

Akbar Janab
    najju_87@hotmail.com
  • edited September 2010
    I, Sanjay Das A/C. holder of Central Bank Of India, Rishra, West Bengal, since 1997. My A/C. No. is 1322534361, I deposited one A/c. payee cheque of Rs.2,62160. on dated 20/07/2010.on the bank and I have counter part of cheque deposit form with bank seal and signature. But till date the above mention amount not coming on my account then I talked to branch manager but he says the cheque is missing and he not given me any positive answer. Cheque details as under: Bank name: State Bank Of India, Branch: Serampore, dist: Hooghly, West Bengal. Cheque No. 312874. Date of Issuing: 08/7/2010. I communicated with bank through phone, E-mail (Regional office Kolkata, Head office Bombay) and also submitted written application in the concern branch, but till now no action has been taken by the bank. Then I submitted my complaint on RBI Ombudsman through online, Complaint No is 201011005001030 on dated 06/09/2010, and 201011005001078 on dated 10/09/2010. But till now I am not received any response from bank. So please do the needful.
    Sanjay Das
    Cell: 09915557099
    e-mail: jicosanjay@sify.com
  • edited September 2010

With reference to CD loan no. 10037899 which I had taken while purchase of Sony Handy-cam, the experience to deal with Citi-financial happened to be a nightmare for me.
    I have given all the documentary proofs & cheque’s asked by Citi-official but ECS from my Kotak Mahindra Bank account (for EMI’s) was not executed due to documents not submitted/ insufficient submitted by your official.
    At this, Citi-financial collection executive gave me call for Cash collection of EMI & ensured that he will collect all 16 EMI’s (Rs.1042/- each) every month and no charges etc will be levied for the same.
    I have paid all the EMI’s regularly without any default still my name was reported as Defaulter ( with Cibil) by Citi-financial causing financial & reputation loss to me as my personal loan application got rejected forcing me to pay high penal Interest. Even to get NOC from Citi financial I have to pay additional charges (Rs.3570/-) without having any fault of mine. If it is a practice with Citi-financial to harass customer & force them to pay unnecessary charges, being a banker I fail to understand the same.

Request you look into the matter & issue apology letter along-with refund for charges levied to me. Also ensure deletion of my name as defaulter from Cibil site.

Pls Note: Said complaint was already lodged with Citi-financial at their Regd.office (Pushap-Vihar) letter dated 14th April 08 attached herewith.

Waiting for timely revert with solution.

Gaurav Sharma
    Manager-HDFC Bank Ltd
    Ph: 09855094912

Correspondence Address: #H.No. 2135 ,
    Sector – 42 C
    Chandigarh-160036
  • edited September 2010

Ref: - ICICI Bank Saving A/c NO 003101578112 (Salary Account) & Credit Card No 4477470036683002

With regards to my salary account (above mentioned account) with your bank, I got message on 3rd Sep-2010 that your account has been blocked & amount of Rs 9452/- forfeited against outstanding to pertain to credit card no 4477470036683002

I had ICICI Bank credit card in 2002-03 & due to some business loss in 2002-03 I had some over due amount for which I came to your Mithakali Credit card department on 23.01.2003 for demanding Installment (at that time your credit card division was at Abhijeet complex,nr,mithalhali circle,Ahmadabad) but it was shocked for me that your senior people named Mr.Atit Parikh & Mr.Jayesh Barot called me in room & took my mobile (Model Nokia-3315) & cash money of Rs 800/- from my purse without receipt for the same. Also badly harassed & tourcher me mentally & gave threaten that will kidnap your children & family members if you will not pay money in two days. I had not given receipt for mobile & cash of Rs 800.00

Under threaten impression I deposited Rs 5000.00 on very next day 24.01.2003 for that also I have not provided any receipt. Such a ridicules tourcher & harassed me made my mind to complaint in Police station. I submitted complaint application in Navrangpura Police Station & CC to ghatlodia Police /Police commissioner of Ahmedaabd, (Please find attached herewith scan copy of that my application which I mention that your seniors torching & looted me.)

Even my intention was to repay your due with interest with Installment but will badly harassed & tourcher me I made my mind that now I will pay money only after apologized letter from bank.

After 2005 to till date 03.010.2010 no body came for demanding money & suddenly I got message from that your salary bank account was blocked against credit card due & forfeited amount which is absolutely unethical & against RBI law.

Even I didn’t get any bank statement for outstanding due since 2005 which is also against regulation & RBI circulars. Even RBI circular doesn’t permit to threaten any body for recovery any dues..

I urged to re credited my forfeited amount of Rs 9452/- in above mentioned saving account & treat both separate transaction

If I don’t receive any communication & re credited amount within 7 days then I’ll complain to RBI & banking obusement & take this matter seriously.

vipul kamdar
    Sir/Madam

Myself Peeush Gupta hereby like to say you that on 16th september IDBI Bank Ltd Executive collected Cheque Numbering 122869 dated 16/09/10 amounting Rs.1000/-,of UCO Bank Mansarovar branch, which is cleared on 21/09/10.Till date account not been opened.

Do the needful as early as possible

With regards

Peeush Gupta
    34/88,Kiran Path, Mansarovar,Jaipur-20
    Rajasthan

09828150706(M)
  • edited October 2010

I had a credit Card of HSBC with a credit limit of 50,000/- which was issued to me during the year 2004 ( some time during this year) , in the year 2005 i could not pay the installments of couple of months and i was suggested by the representative of the bank to go for settlement , as the card was blocked due to non-payment , the settlement was made for rs 40,000/- the same was paid in two installments. This was the issue and settled.

In the year 2005 i had take a personal loan from Citi bank, during the last installments i was in some difficulties and went for a settlement , which was upon the suggestion of the Bank representative.

However, recently (1 week ago) i had approached my salary bank for a loan to meet some domestic needs, in the process it came to know that both the companies has put my name in CIBIL .

Now, i request you to please educate me in spite of the settlement also the name are posted to CIBIL , if so then what is the purpose of settlement option is give to the user.

Please educate me on this.

Ram
  • edited October 2010

I bought a two wheeler TVS Apache bearing Registration Number Tn 39 UV 1955 from TVS Show room and got a loan from Indus ind bank for the
    same. The Loan Number is TKT06831H.

Its 16 months by now, but yet i vent received the RC book Photocopy.

Whenever I ask the concerned person in Tiruppur office at court street, irresponsible replies like we received the courier from dealer but we have lost it, RC book stolen, RC book missing, RC book misplaced is coming and still now i vent got any proper information.

At last the bank officials wanted to negotiate with me as they have sold / missed the RC book. I asked them to take back the vehicle and give back my amount paid,as without RC book my vehicle is useless and i am not able to use it. After the decisions were over they sent me a notice saying that i am responsible for all and now they have started to threaten me in phone saying that if i go for a case, they will not allow me to live peacefully. I am a psychologist by profession and i dont have any intention of prolonging the dispute. But they have prolonged it and now have sent me a notice that i ve not cooperated with them in giving a police complaint.

Sir, for a property which they lost in their office, how i can give a police complaint. Its said, that numerous RC books have gone missing from this bank and its societies belief and faith that says, these people are involved in leasing out RC Books for illegal business. I am bringing this to you on nation's interest and request you to solve my issue with this bank, as on a daily basis this people are killing my peace for no fault of me.

If any one can help me out to save my time, money and peace, i will be gratefull to them

Dr. B. Imtiyaaz
    Tiruppur
    imthuu@gmail.com
    DEAR SIR
    with respect i want to state that i live in south Delhi ,whenever i go for deposition in near state bank of india branch they refuse it on the ground that they only accept the home branch deposits.They didnot care for the emergency of the coustomer and even behave in rude and illitrate manner.It seems that there is no meaning of centralisation and it is worthless.They try to impose their own rules and regulation.I FACED THIS PROBLEM IN THE BRANCH WHOSE NAME IS WRITTEN BELOW.
    1. SBI OLD JNU CAMPUS BRANCH.
    2. SBI NCERT BRANCH.
    3. SBI GREEN PARK BRANCH.NEAR UPHAAR CINEMA
    4. SBI GREEN PARK BRANCH.NEAR EVERGREEN SWEET SHOP.BRANCH CODE 30276

As i know the branch code of only one branch which i have mentioned above.
    It is really creating a great problem for a lot of coustomers.It is my heartly and painful request to the concerned authority to please take necessary and hard step for the defaulters so they dont create any future problem for the coustomers.

For resolving my problem i would be thankful to the authority.

YOURS TRULY
    APURVA KUMAR
    TO
    The Chairman
    BAnk of Baroda

I want to point out that i had deposited 1500$ cheque for payment on dated 06-09-2010,
    at hathras branch, BOB.
    But I haven't received payment of the above cheque so far. now the 45th day is going on.
    According to THE BANK Lokpal , KANPUR the cheque would be credited to the account within 30 days
    from the day of receiving the cheque.
    Last year also i had received the payment within 30 days
    so , I kindly request you to instruct HATHRAS BANK OF BARODA to credit my account with the
    above indian amount with the interest on the over due period.
    I will be highly obliged
    THANKING YOU

Your Faithfully
    PRAVESH GULATI
    c/o Dhanpat Rai Prakash Nath
    Moti Bazar
    HATHRAS
  • edited October 2010

I have an account with HDFC bank A/c. No : 00332820000155 in name of M/s. Amancio since 5 years and they had given me a Zero balance Account.

On 16th Oct. I was surprised to see that they have leveled an AQB service charge for July - Sept. of Rs. 992/--.

Why do they change their norms without informing.

Conrad Lobo
    Dear Sir/Madam

I have a Salary Account with HDFC Sector 14 branch, which was opened by Ebusinessware when i was working their. After sometime I got the information that few of my funds are hold and that will clear only after paying the cheque for the same amount. But after paying the cheque for the same amount , my funds are still on hold. Please look into the matter and help me to remove the funds from HOLD.

Manik Piplani
    9992012888
  • edited October 2010
    rcbook no receve for indusind bank.
    kishorbhai girdharbhai makwana
  • edited November 2010

My self Sanjay Yadav. I have applied for Home loan in SBI Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai Branch on dated 09-10-10. After property registration on 08-10-10.
    Before applying I had inquired with the Branch manager (Suresh Thakur), He said it takes 21 days to process your home loan. After property registration I submit my all document to Branch Manager, he go through my all document & told me loan will be get within One Month.
    Legal report 23rd Oct 10 & property valuation report 04th Nov 10 had already come.
    Sir, already about more than 33 day over after property registration, Branch Manager doesn’t know about my loan sanction letter, loan file status. He told me don’t put pressure on me. The Seller is asking about date of disbursement. I have become mentally tired because of this branch Manager Attitude, he doesn’t know about my file status after Thirty Two days over. And I am ill. I could not do my routine work properly because of tension of Loan what happen in next 12 days. Now I am in Trouble. Pls help.
    Kindly requesting you to Please give me solution with immediate effect or refused me immediate, so I can leave my hope from SBI and I Have to cancel my home loan application and I have to cancel my property deal with leaving of margin money. Because within 12 days nobody can be provide Loan.
    Loan Amount: ` 8 Lacs
    Margin Money: ` 5.35 Lacs
    Agreement with seller is 45 days, 12 days left.
    I request your kind attention to resolve my problem and help in keeping your customer friendly approach.

Sanjay Yadav
    9320612444
  • edited November 2010
    Complaint for harrasment against Citi bank credit card

With reference to Credid card no.4550389523653049 . this card to dispute credit card some amount.i am not dispute transaacton .I have given all the documentary declratioan send to register post.
    At this, payment regarding Citi bank credit card executives to regulary message and calls evereday.
    I have paid all the total amount credit card amounts. forcing me to pay high penal Interest. without having any fault of mine. If it is a practice with Citi bank credit card executives to harass customer & force them to pay unnecessary charges.so many times message also given to citi bank.

Pls Note: Said complaint was already lodged with Citi bank credit card divsion at their Regd.office letter dated 03 rd june 2010 attached herewith.

Waiting for timely revert with solution.
    dear manger, i am kovirineni ravi kumar, s/o.kovirineni dasa ratha rama rao, resident of hyderabad holding Citibank Credit Card (4550389523653049) for a long time. i am not done transactions in below transactions.i am not rensponsble. the below trasaction. i am not paying single n.p also.i am given to declaration also.setteled full payment also.

misused
    dear manger, i am kovirineni ravi kumar resident of hyderabad holding Citibank Credit Card (4550389523653049) for a long time. last two days message (02.06.2010& 03.063.2010) recied from citi bank. i am shoked. without using your credit card . card ihave only .total 5 transactions . which was shocking for me as I had not utilised the cards for the said below transactions.
    kindly credit the same as credit card. i am not responsble this transaction. i am already paid full amount .creit limit actually Rs.27,000/- i am not done below transaction. kindly protect the credit cards. thanking you.

02/06/2010 J C BROTHERS RETAIL PVT L 7, 539.00

ravi kumar k
    Ph: 098481 72325,040-23002545.
    Hyderabad,
    Dear All
    just need to inform that i had visited to the ganapati tower branch reg my pf cheque & also to the post office of kandivali east from where the cheque was delivered by epf dept bandra ,now i would like to inform you the certain thing that i had visited the branch on 1 month back & also to the kandivali east post office and met mr sawant i showed him the parcel emo no-20161395IN acording to that he showed me the acknowledgment where the both the cheques where delivered on 20/08/2010 to ganapati tower hdfc bank received with the stamp of hdfc bank kandivali branch 1265 ,

immediately i had given a call to abhishek utekar(backup branch manager) & inform him that cheques(no-913087&333777) had delivered to his branch on 20/08/2010 .then i visited to the branch & met him & ask the same but same answer , he has no idea where the cheques have gone,then he told me that he will confirm with clearing dept & let me know,

what i did again i went to the kandivali post office & collected the photocopy of acknowledgment & and visited again to the branch and gave a copy of acknowledgment & EPF letter to abhishek ,now i come to know that one of your employee named SWETA THEMASKAR had received the cheques & she had signed her initials on the acknowledgment on 20/08/2010 when ask she had no idea where she has given the cheques as there where no entries of the both cheques in her inward register nor they have a EPF letter in their record ( as per process of the bank). then they took a photocopy from me.

story is not end here , the person who was standing along with abhishek ,i believe he was his senior gave me some other reason why the cheque not been credited to my a/c some of that are

1=- it must have gone to some other a/c
    2-= might the AQB is charged to me that is the reason the amount is not showing in the statement
    3- need to check with clearing dept then let me know.

i don't know what to say to this person , tell me if any amount is debited or credit to my a/c will that not show in my bank statement

Dear All if you require i have the acknowledgment copy with me where your bank staff had received the cheque on 20/08/2010 .

still i have been given false commitment by Mr Abhishek utekar from last 1 month he is promising me that this week you should get the cheque & same thing he is repeating from last 1 month .on 13/11/2010 when i had called him up he said he will give me confirmation on Monday 15/10/2010 reg my pf cheque he did not turn up ,again i had personally called him today he cut the line and sms me that he will revert to me by 2.30pm but till 4.00pm he did not called me up then again i called him up around 4.30pm ,he said it will take now 1 month to get your pf cheque ,what is this every time your bank staff is giving me the false commitment & i am suffering for this . kindly revert in this matter

MY DETAIL AS BELOW

named- Mahesh Jain
    A/c no-12651020000067
    customer id- 30008890
    Branch-Ganapati tower Kandivali (east)
    Branch Code-1265
  • HDFC BankHDFC Bank Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Dear All

1=- it must have gone to some other a/c
    3- need to check with clearing dept then let me know.

MY DETAIL AS BELOW

named- Mahesh Jain
    A/c no-12651020000067
    customer id- 30008890
    Branch-Ganapati tower Kandivali (east)
    Branch Code-1265

Dear Mr Jain,

Our customer service team is currently investigating this matter, and will shortly be in touch with you. We would also like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your credit card number on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised.

To:
    The Banking Ombudsman
    Place of BO’s office at BANGALORE

Sub: Complaint against multiple representatives of ABN AMRO BANK and unnecessary harassment by representatives claiming to be advocates, lawyers, collecting agents and representatives of ABN AMRO Bank.
    ABN AMRO BANK Gurgaon, New Delhi and BANGALORE branches (as claimed by representatives)

Details of the complaint are as under:
    1. Name of the Complainant D M EZHIL BUDDHAN I.T.S.

2. Full Address of the Complainant Director (Southern Region), Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, GOI, at 2nd Floor, Telephone Exchange, Jayanagar, BANGALORE 560 011.
    Phone No/ Fax No. 080-2664 2900 080-2665 4111
    Email dirsr.tec@gov.in

3. Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank) ABN AMRO BANK

4. Particulars of Bank or Credit card Account (If any)
    ABN AMRO BANK Credit card Account

Subject matter:
    I was once upon a time given an ABN AMRO BANK Credit card through the ABN AMRO BANK. During the registration process, the representative stated that i need not pay any charges for the card since it is lifetime free card. I was not using this card very much. Whatever items were purchased, i had made the payments.
    But one fine day, a representative called me from ABN AMRO BANK stating that there are outstanding dues on my card. I had replied to him stating that i had made all the payments for the purchase made on that card and no dues are pending as per my reference.
    After multiple attempts, i was told that the payment was for an insurance scheme registered with ICICI. I had not applied for any insurance scheme or have requested the ABN AMRO BANK to apply for insurance on my behalf. I tried to clarify this to the representative and the representative said the necessary updation will be done on the records for the same.
    After this, i spoke to ICICI and informed that i am not interested in this scheme and they promptly cancelled the insurance scheme and have given the closure code. I called the ABN AMRO BANK and informed about the closure code and requested them to update the records appropriately.
    All along, i was under the impression that they have updated the records and have regularised the same. Suddenly, one fine day some lawyer from Delhi called me to state the payment of Rs. 8000+ (i dont know how this astronomical figure was born) is pending and it needs to be cleared immediately. I had told them all the events and have clarified to them after which i have not heard any thing from ABN AMRO BANK.
    Suddenly, after many years, some person claiming to be the collecting agent speaking on behalf of ABN AMRO BANK, called me and stated the same thing that there is an outstanding due of Rs. 8000+ pending on my card and i have to clear that IMMEDIATELY to maintain the Credit ranking. I was shocked completely.
    Though i have not made any purchase on the card, though i have clarified all along to the representatives of ABN AMRO BANK, though ICICI has given the closure/cancellation code long back for the said scheme, I dont know why they are literally on the harassment drive towards me.
    As you know, i am from the Indian Telecom Service - a public servant serving the Government of India, am not able to tolerate the way these representatives are harassing the customer.
    Though it is the responsibility of ABN AMRO BANK to regularise the transaction in consultation with their partners, it is surprising that they are literally harassing such senior officials of the GOvernment of India.
    I thought that i should reach you before i take any further action in this regard.
    Please instruct the bank to get the details from their partner (ICICI) and close the case after clearly regularizing the transactions without creating any damage to the undersigned.

Yours sincerely,

D M EZHIL BUDDHAN I.T.S
    Director (Southern Region),
    Regional Telecom Engineering Centre,
    2nd Floor, Telephone Exchange,
    Jayanagar, BANGALORE 560 011.
    To:
    The Banking Ombudsman
    Place of BO’s office at hyderabad

Respected sir, I am an account holder of state bank of india,( branch kothapet,Tenali, code no 0927) with account no 30365601141. For the same account , I got ATM Debit Card bearing No 6220180092780000367 valid from Apr 2008. But, The PIN Number has not yet been received by me till today. After much more effortable attempts, I fail to get a satisfied responce from the bank. I never mind for the delay, but was forced to made a complaint after a long period of facing inconvenience . Hence you are requested to look into the matter and please ensure that no such other custmor may not be suffered like me.

Thank you sir.

Request:- Request for reversal of charges .ie. 20.60+200+386.05 and 83
    Respectively.
    We M/s. NEEL KAMAL CLOTH STORES holding C/A no. :- 910020003312650
    With swipe-machine facility in your Jabalpur Branch. As per your bank condition
    we are enjoying Zero Average Balance facility and 25 leaf’s cheque-book free in every one month.
    We have submitted a Request_Slip for 25 cheques in the month of October-2010. But Bank have issued 100 leaf’s cheque book and charged us Rs.200 and Rs.20.60 respectively. Due to this, one cheque have been bounced and another Rs.386.05 charges have been charged to us.
    Our request is that kindly reverse the charges i.e Rs.200, Rs.20.60, Rs.386.05 and Rs.83 has been charged to us by another bank. Kindly reverse the charges as early as possible.
    Thanking You.

Your’s Faithfully
    Anil Kumar
    Partner
    E-mail :- Photo-copy of October-2010 statement.
  • edited December 2010
    Hello Sir
    I Neeru Rawat has a Credit Card with HDFC bank Credit Card # - 4346771100045286 with the credit limit --21000 rs and after repeated attempts of getting the card closed , i have not managed to do so .We have spoken on the phone before 3-4 times and you have got your agent to work on my case .My repeated communication was with the customer service initially for increasing the credit limit after using the card for more than a year after which i expressed my intention of closing the card acc and sent HDFC a letter on which i recieved no reply. I also wrote an email to your customer services and after not getting a satisfactory reply i went ahead and cut the card and sent it to your chennai office requesting to close my acc .This was done sometime in the month of Late March .

I Spoke to an Agent of your company named Ria and had word with her and told her that i am ready to make the complete payment on the card provided you give me a letter stating that the amount has been paid and the card stands cancelled and setteled,to which i was informed that the procedure will be followed and that they have to get an appoval to dispatch a closure letter from Chennia . She said that we can get the card acc setteled for 17000 rs and said that to begin the process i have to make an initial payment of 1100 rs which was made as your executive came and collected the money from my house and which also reflected on my Credit card account .
    After i made the payment i kept waiting for the approval from ur chennai office and was told after 3 weeks that the settlement amount will be 21000 and when i enquired about the 1100 that i paid i was told that it was just an initial amount to be paid to begin the process.So the 1100 rs were lost .....I was told that this is a proposal sent by the chennai office for me and i can refuse it and they can send it back for a review.After which i wrote a an email again to you requesting you to look into the matter and get the acc closed .After which i never got any cal from your end .
    Well NOw i have a salary acc with HDFC bank and my funds are on hold because of non payment of credit card dues, which are now close to 36000.00.

I have been running behind HDFC for closing my Credit card acc and always said that i want to make the complete payment provided i get a reciept or a letter stating that i have paid all my dues and the card stands cancelled.You did not get the card cancelled and the interest kept on increasing and now its 36000.00 .Why are you making me suffer for no reason at all .The customer is running behind you for the last 6 months for paying the dues and all i want is a letter which is quite valid as far as i understand , coz i want to be sure that there would be no charges on me again and thati have a proof of my card being cancelled .

The Salary is blocked because your executives have been extremely laid back in giving me a resolution and now i m suffering because i stay away from my family and have to pay my bills and rent ..Its a mental torture that you and your bank is giving me .The interest that has been levied on my card is unnecessary as i have requested for the cancellation of the card 6 months bak , paid the amount to initiate the cancellation process and have been waiting for your executived careless behavior to get over .
    1 more thing that your executives always are so rude and they pracrtically screem on the phone even though it was me who wanted to make the payment .When ever they talk theyalways say that they have spoken to me on the phone before and lie point blank on the face .I guess if they spoke to me the telephone record should speak and i dont think that it would be a difficult task to get the previous telephone bills for you to check if they made the calls.
    @end_of_the_skype_highlighting which has been changed from today 12/01/2010 to 9910069318 ,for which the updation of the new cellphone no is already been sent to the branch yesterday .If you want i can get you the losing date of my phone and show thatiu was using the phone for the last 1 year without any breakage ...P.s this is just to let you know that i ws using the same no that is on my bank acc and so that you dont say that you tried to contact me and the phone did not go through .

I would again request you with joint hands that please stop troubling me and please initiate the process fo getting the card cancelled and remove the extra interest amount that is on the card for no mistake of mine .
    Doing business is good but i guess doing a fair business is better and kepping the customers satistied the best .
    Kindly help me to unblock the funds and get the card cancelled .

I am attaching the letters of communication that happened between us from the start till the end .

Looking for your help and speedy response

Your Sincerely

Neeru Rawat
  • edited December 2010
    I had a ABN AMRO card long time back.Since I was not getting the statement properly, which Bank was not sending, inspite of me calling the call center many times, I had cancelled the card in front of the customer service executive of ABN AMRO. I had also paid all the amount which I had utilised. The card was closed by me in the year 2004.
    Details as below:
    Total Purchases : Rs. 169077.13/-
    Total Amount Paid : Rs. 170399/-

Additional Amount Paid : Rs. 1321.87/-
    Inspite of the same the Bank has not cancelled the card in system and kept piling up the charges.
    I came to know about the same recently when I had checked my CIBIL report. I had contacted Bank through mail, but inspite of giving complete detail, no resolution is arrived for past 2 & half months.
    Request your needful guidance for the same.
    Sougata
  • HDFC BankHDFC Bank Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    neeru wrote: »
    Hello Sir

Kindly help me to unblock the funds and get the card cancelled .

Looking for your help and speedy response

Your Sincerely

Neeru Rawat

Dear Mr Rawat,

A bank representative is investigating this matter and will shortly be in touch with you. Should you wish to communicate with the bank in the interim, we request you to write to us directly at talktous@hdfcbank.com with the reference id TTU00137202122010. We would also like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your credit card number on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised.