Form of complaint - Banking Ombudsman

[FONT=&quot]FORM OF COMPLAINT (TO BE LODGED) WITH THE BANKING OMBUDSMAN[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](TO BE FILLED UP BY THE COMPLAINANT)[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]To:
The Banking Ombudsman
Place of BO’s office…………………………..

Sub: Complaint against …………………….(Name of the bank’s branch) of
…………………………………………………………………………………(Name of the Bank)

Details of the complaint are as under:
1. Name of the Complainant …………………..

2. Full Address of the Complainant ……………………
……………………
……………………
Pin Code ………………..
Phone No/ Fax No. .……………………
Email …………………….

3. Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank) ………………………….

Pin Code …………………….
Phone No. / Fax No. …………………….

4. Particulars of Bank or Credit card Account (If any)
…………………………………………………………………………

(b) Whether any reminder was sent by the complainant? YES/NO
( Please enclose a copy of the reminder )
……………………….

6. Subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
…………………………………………………………………………………………

7. Details of the complaint:
………………………………………………………………………………………………

8. Whether any reply (Within a period of one month after the bank concerned received the representation) has been received from the bank? Yes/ No
( if yes, please enclose a copy of the reply )

9. Nature of Relief sought from the Banking Ombudsman
………………………………………………………………………………
( Please enclose a copy of documentary proof, if any, in support of your claim )

10. Nature and extent of monetary loss, if any, claimed by the complainant by way of compensation (please refer to clauses 12 (5) & 12 (6) of the Scheme) Rs.……………….

11. List of documents enclosed:
(Please enclose a copy of all the documents )

12. Declaration:
and
b) I/We have not concealed or misrepresented any fact stated in the above columns and in the documents submitted herewith.
(ii) The complaint is filed before expiry of period of one year reckoned in accordance with the provisions of Clause 9(3)(a) and (b) of the Scheme.
(iii) The subject matter of the present complaint has never been brought before the Office of the Banking Ombudsman by me/ us or by any of the parties concerned with the subject matter to the best of my/ our knowledge.
(iv) The subject matter of the present complaint has not been decided by/pending with any forum/court/arbitrator.
(v) I/We authorise the bank to disclose any such information/ documents furnished by us to the Banking Ombudsman and disclosure whereof in the opinion of the Banking Ombudsman is necessary and is required for redressal of our complaint.

(Signature of Complainant)

NOMINATION – (If the complainant wants to nominate his representative to appear and make submissions on his behalf before the Banking Ombudsman or to the Office of the Banking Ombudsman, the following declaration should be submitted.)

I/We the above named complainant/s hereby nominate
Shri/Smt………………………………………….. who is not an Advocate and whose address is
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
as my/our REPRESENTATIVE in all proceedings of this complaint and confirm that any statement, acceptance or rejection made by him/her shall be binding on me/us. He/She has signed below in my presence.

ACCEPTED

(Signature of Representative)
(Signature of Complainant)
Note: If submitted online, the complaint need not be signed.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I have depoisted a cheque no. 22958 dated 3/3/2010 of HDFC Bank to be credited in HDFC Bank at HDFC Bank, Nehru Place, New Delhi on 03/03/2010 but the same has still not credited even after repeated follow-up but they are very rude in behaviour and very very non cooperative with the customers.
  • edited March 2010

Dear customer,

Please provide us with the following cheque details and write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com, with the id TTU00003309032010 in the subject line of your email:

- Date of Deposit

- Complete Branch/ ATM address (as per our website) where the cheque has been deposited

- Was the cheque deposited at the Branch counter, ATM Machine or the drop box at the ATM / branch?

- Value of the Cheque

- Cheque Number

- Location at which the cheque is payable

- Drawer Bank and branch

Jeevan Bharti Building,
    Tower No-1, 7th Floor,
    124, Cannought Circus,
    New Delhi-110001,

Sub:- For Recovery of amount that was forfeited by the Bank.

I am Durgesh Kumar S/o Shri Balbir Singh, R/o D-35, West Jyoti Nagar (HB) Loni Road, Shahadra, Delhi-110094. I have a saving account No. 037801503289 with ICICI Bank Ltd. I had deposited a cheque No. 426247 dated 25.12.2008 amounting to Rs. 63000/- at ICICI Bank’s ATM but the cheque has been dishonored on 30.12.2008 on account because “insufficient fund”. But till date I have not received that cheque back at my residential address when I called on phone banking they received my complaint on phone and the complaint no. is SR92482039 dated 9.1.2009 but till date I have not received any information about my cheque and I again give the complaint on Net Banking and the complaint no. is SR92943318 dated 13.1.2009 but also on the Net Banking I don’t received any solution from bank’s side. After this I again filed another complaint on Net Banking, Complaint No. SR93386118. I visited in my nearest Branch several time i.e Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092 because ICICI bank have centralized banking but they don’t have any solution of this problem. The bank’s employees are always trying to ignore me and they are not doing any favour to me and I am not getting any response from them so. I had gone to Branch Manager (Preet Vihar) but she was also not having any solution for my problem. When I request her she gives threat to me that wherever you want to go u can go whether, Police and Court, or in Consumer Court we will not do anything for you. They gives me lot of problem because of their bad service, bad behavior and bad costumer satisfaction. Just because of them I am in big loss because the credit party is totally refused to pay any amount to me till than I am not return his cheque back. If my cheque is not returned to me then please return my whole amount i.e 63000/- plus interest, which was forfeited by the bank due to lack of service.
    A cheque deposited with the bank for collection was dishonoured, but the bank failed to return it on the plea that it was lost in transit. It was held that due to the deficiency of service on the part of the bank, the complainant has suffered mental agony and harassment, as neither the money has not been credited to the account of the complainant nor has the cheque which is alleged to be dishonoured has been returned to the complainant and such the complainant is clearly entitled for compensation. Smt. Harmohinder Kaur v. State Bank of Patiala 1999(2) CPR 553 (SCDRC - Himachal Pradesh)

Rude behaviour
    A bank may be held liable for deficiency in service owing to rude behavior of its officials and be ordered to pay compensation for the mental agony and discomfort caused.
    Non-return of dishonoured cheque
    The failure to return a dishonoured cheque has been held to be deficiency in service where the complainant was unable to take action against the drawer without the instrument
    I am requesting you to please make solution to return my cheque back as soon as possible or my amount back to me.

Please save my entire amount, which is forfeited by the bank due to lack of service.

Thanking You,
    DURGESH KUMAR
    D-35 WEST JYOTI NAGAR (HB)
    LONI ROAD SHAHADRA DELHI-110094
    MOBILE-9999600849
  • arunesh prataparunesh pratap Junior Member
    edited March 2010

i have use atm card in pnb bank and withrow 4000 rs but i have not recive cash and cut from my account so please help me
    i have done complain to hdfc bank custumer care no but they reply me ki mil bhi sakta hi nahi bhi mil sakta hi
    arunesh
  • edited March 2010
    i was tried to withdraw Rs 15,000/ in Axis bank(sathyamangalam,bannari amman institute of technology)on 20-01-2010.but i received only Rs 100/ at that time.i gave the complaint in my branch on next day(IOB,kandanpalayam) they send the complaint to axis bank by 21-02-2010.but till now the Axis bank did not reply.
    Dear Sirs,
    ABN Amro Bank had issued a credit card to my daughter without our consent & knowledge. She left our home without our notice. Now we don't have her contact details. We are trying to find her at our best level.
    Now ABN People harass us for payment of her credit card. We have complaint to nodalofficercards@in.abnamro.com on 10th Feb. 2009 at 5.21PM . No. Your Call Dt. 10th Feb. 2009 at 5.21PM on 0253-2512245 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0253-2512245      end_of_the_skype_highlighting 0005415382400416269‏
    After all they are not ready to stop our harassment.
    Please guide us where & how to complaint to stop our harassment from ABN Amro Bank People. We have e-correspondence from 10 Feb 2010 to till today. Please let us know how we can forward their emails to you ? Will it help us ?
    Please reply immediately
    Yours Truly,
    Anil Trivedi
  • adminadmin Administrator
    edited April 2010

You can register your complaint against the recovery agents at your nearest police station.
  • ICICI Bank CareICICI Bank Care Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Dear Durgesh,
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We will contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.
    To, dated:- 14.03.2010
    The Banking Ombudsman,
    Jeevan Bharti Building,
    Tower No-1, 7th Floor,
    124, Cannought Circus,
    New Delhi-110001,

Sub:- For Recovery of amount that was forfeited by the Bank.

Rude behaviour
    Non-return of dishonoured cheque

Thanking You,
    DURGESH KUMAR
    D-35 WEST JYOTI NAGAR (HB)
    LONI ROAD SHAHADRA DELHI-110094
    MOBILE-9999600849
  • edited April 2010
    On the subject cited above this is to clarify that I have depositted my FDR into to said bank dated on 12.03.2009 to credit into my saving account no. 1863 but the same has not been credited into my account and still I am waiting into to matter. I also clarified that I have sent fax messages and postal complaint to ombudsman Bhopal ,No information has been sent by the Bhopal office about my girevances.
  • edited April 2010

I have been talking to customer care for reporting an issue of
    threatening, abuse and mis-behaviour not only to me as a user but also
    to my retired old parents who have no relationship with Axis Bank. On
    my each attempt to lodged the complaint I was told there are technical
    issues and they will not be able to take a complaint and provide a
    complaint number. Finally I would like to appreciate "Rajesh" from
    Axis Bank Mumbai who called and helped me to find this email id.

I had a Axis Bank Credit Card Bearing Number: 4718 6101 0054 which was
    lost in the month of 19th January 2009. After that incident I have
    never used the credit card at all. However, I have made payments
    during Feb-Mar-Apr 2009 of amounts with denomination of: Feb-5000,
    Mar- 4500, Apr- 5000 to a collection agency in hyderabad and the
    collection agent named Abdul or similar. I have the 1 receipt of
    payment, which I have retained after realizing that the payment is not
    reflecting on my Credit Card Statement.

I have called the Axis Bank Toll-Free and reported the same and after
    that I had not received any communication from Axis Bank. Recently a
    person from Axis Bank called on my permanent residence and reported to
    my old retired parents and told them that I have defaulted on my
    Credit Card Payment and there has been a Legal Case done on me and the
    Warrant is issued but he can stop this hassel if my parents make a
    payment of 45000/- INR immediately before 12:00pm on 29th of April
    2010, as he was the Legal Manager, Axis Bank he could help to sort
    this out. My parents being retired with no source of income could not
    make a committment and told they would inform me to get in touch with
    him and collected his phone number: +919866137946. My Parents were not
    able to reach me immediately and during that period this person has
    repeatedly called on the landline and threatned with mis-behaviour as
    my parents told they are not able to reach me.

I called back on the number immediately and discussed the matter with
    him and also provided him with the history of this issue and reason as
    to why the payment which I was making regularly discontinued. I agreed
    that I would like to settle the amount with Axis Bank regarded I am
    provided clarity on my missing payments that I made during Jan to Apr
    2009 and wave of the interest on the money which I had already paid.
    This person was Named C.S.SAILESH KUMAR. Mr. Sailesh Kumar upon
    enquiry also mentioned that the person who had called my parents was
    Mr. Srinivas Reddy, Legal Manager, Axis Bank. When I asked him for the
    contact details of Mr. Srinivas Reddy, Sailesh Kumar mentioned he was
    not in office and he is not aware of his Phone Number.

Mr. Sailesh Kumar told that the total due on my credit card is
    99,000/- INR which was not the total credit card limit even. Then he
    told me that a payment of 61,000/- INR was made and 38,000/- INR is
    pending. To which I told I have made a payment of around 15000/- INR
    so what happens to that amount. He said we will wave this amount as
    discount. Later he sent me a letter stating 26000/- INR as Full &
    Final Statement. Yesterday when I went to the bank, they informed that
    I would need a print out of the full & final payment letter. Later I
    spoke to my lawyer and asked for some clarification from Sailesh on
    email.

He replied to me on SMS that he busy with collections and would only
    be able to clarify at or after 6:30pm today but I should make the
    payment by 3:30pm. I certainly dint see any professional approach or a
    process where customer makes payment first and gets clarification
    later. Hence, I decided to go to the Bangalore, Rajajinagar branch of
    Axis Bank Card Department and do the settlement.

Later I received a call from Mr. C.S.SAILESH KUMAR from his mobile
    number: +919866137946 and he started shouting at me for not making the
    payment today and was not willing to listen to why the payment was not
    done. He started threatening that he will see now how I will make a
    settlement with Axis Bank, because he will cancel settlement option
    and I have to pay the full payment and how he is going to make my
    credit credibility bad. He was absolutely rude, abusive and upon being
    reminded that I am recording the call he got more violent and he hung
    up on me.

Immediately, he called up my parents and started mis-behaving and
    threatening them on the call about how I am a cheat and not making
    payment to Axis Bank, which I feel is absolutely un-professional, not
    compliant to customer policy and me being an above 21+yrs and not a
    minor talking to my parents and troubling them is illegal.

Request you to kindly assign a Axis Bank Payroll Employee who can
    contact me and I shall make this payment immediately. Also I would
    like to have a compliant registered against this employee of Axis Bank
    Mr. C. S. Sailesh Kumar for allegation on my moral, allegation on me
    for looting public money, for using abusive language and threatening
    to spoil my Credit Records and an compliant from my Parents for
    forcing them to undergo harrassment even tough they are not Axis Bank
    Customers. All emails, phone calls and sms recorded for proof, can be
    submitted as required.

Please let me know how to take this up with Axis Bank Ethics and
    Ombuds and get this resolved.

Prem Satpathy
    premsatpathy@gmail.com
  • edited May 2010

I had credit card a/c No.5176358010185477 from HDFC bank 4 years back. I have made final settlement thro HDFC bank letter Ref No.SEP/06/05/630 for Rs 20000.00 in 6 cheques on 25/09/2006.All the cheques were properly honored.
    Now after almost 3 1/2 years ie on 08-04-2010 I received a notice from HDFC Bank stating that my salary was put on "hold on Funds" and I need to pay Rs.139466.87.They have mentioned to contact a Person named LATHA RAVICHANDRASEKAR over Cell No:09380240933/Land Line No:044-64598808 for clarification.I called these Nos but till now I could not speak to her.I went directly to the branch at Nelson Manickam Road and asked for my credit report.They gave me a copy of it and I found after the settlement they have collected Rs.1100.00 from me and now they are trying to milk money from my SB account.

My SB a/c No.is 08471050021028,Thiruvanmiyur branch.CHENNAI.They were asking me the copy of the settlement letter. I have submitted the copy of the settlement letter to Mr.SIVAKUMAR and Ms HEMA on 13.04-2010.They said they don't keep any copy of the settlement letter sent to customers and we have to only produce the copy to them for clearing the loans/credit amount.The lady named Hema was so arrogant in talking to me and she was keep on saying me wherever I go nothing will happen unless we ourself surrender necessary papers required by them.
    After a very long chase with them i finally got my salary released on 22-04-2010.Till now i have not received any NOC from them and response from them.During that 20 days I was totally upset and still I am worried that this could happen again for my next month salary.
    I humbly request you to look in to this matter very seriously to avoid our money getting locked unnecessary by this type of banks and make our life miserable.Also I request you to restrict taking the all our money from our accounts(ie) 100% Because we are all dependent on salary only and if they take the full salary how will we survive.Already all the banks are running thro our deposited money,not allowing to withdraw.
  • edited May 2010
    thuckalai bus stand is full of crowd expand the bus stand
    Dear Sir / Madem,
    I am Sanjeev Sharma Mob. No(+919711524551) user of Oriental Bank Of Commerce, sir this time i am facing too many problem. Problem is that on 26th May 2010 at 9.30PM i did transaction with B-2,3, Sector-16, Noida Axis Bank Branch ATM Machine. But at the last time suddenly light has gone and my ATM Card did not come out. When i told all problem to axis bank employee then he said that i have to arrange new ATM Card, because you have other bank ATM Card and Axis Bank will never return it to you.
    Sir please tell me who is responsible for this it's me that i did transaction with Axis Bank ATM Machine or Axis Bank that they don't have backup plan like UPS.

Jeevan Bharti Building, Tower No.1,
    7th Floor, 124, Cannought circus
    Delhi-110001

Subject:-Complaint against Axis Bank, Khan Market Branch and Citi Bank for wrongfully debit of Rs. 17000/-

It is submitted that on dated 4/5-4-10 I tried to withdraw 10000 and 70000 rupees from Citi Bank ATM situated at Shop No. 19, CSC No.2, Zone E-13, Patpargunj but due to network problem I did not receive money, In the end of month when I saw my Bank Statement then I came to know that 17,000/- Rs. are wrongfully debited from my account. On 1-5-10 I approached Axis Bank Branch at Khan Market and upto till date I approached them several times but they did not give any satisfactory reply, I am not able to understand what should I do against the bank. I m helpless.

It is, therefore, requested kindly do something in this matter so that I may get the money back

Yours faithfully
    Vikas Kumar
    H. No. E-464, Street No.5
    Hardev Puri, Shahdara, Delhi-93
    Ph. 9811706089
    Email:- chaudharyvikky@rediffmail.com
    To:
    The Banking Ombudsman
    Place of BO’s office MUMBAI……………..

Sub: Complaint against … KURLA LBS MARG of
    …STATE BANK OF INDIA (Name of the Bank)

1. Name of the Complainant : ARIF KHAN

2. Full Address of the Complainant ROOM NO 10, PAW WALA HOUSE, SANDESH NAGAR, BAIL BAZAR, K - A ROAD, KURLA (W) MUMBAI
    Pin Code …400072
    Phone No/ Fax No. .……………………
    Email …khanarificici@yahoo.com

3. Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank) …STATE BANK OF INDIA, NEXT TO SHEETAL CINEMA, LBS MARG , KURLA (WEST)

Pin Code -- 400070
    Phone No. / Fax No. …………………….

4. Particulars of Bank or Credit card Account (If any)
    BRANCH CODE 01886

5. (a) Date of representation already made by the complainant to the bank (Please enclose a copy of the representation) …4th Feb 10

(b) Whether any reminder was sent by the complainant? YES/NO
    ( Please enclose a copy of the reminder )

6. Subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
    ATM TRANSTION NOT OK

7. Details of the complaint:
    (If space is not sufficient, please enclose separate sheet)
    I want to inform u that I am having a Savings A/c no. 30047465255 in SBI -BANK AT KURLA LBS BRANCH (KURLA (west) MUMBAI).
    Further I would like to inform you that on 03.02.2010 ,I had withdrawn an amount of Rs. 100/- with my debit card no. 6220180188600075033 from the Branch ATM (ATM id - S1AN00188601) at around 1340 hrs and my balance amount shown in the withdrawal slip was Rs 56208/- (withdrawal slip no. 3940) but on the same time before withdrawing Rs 100/- my balance was Rs 66308/- at 1340hrs (withdrawal slip no. 3939 ATM id - S1AN00188601) Rs 10000/- was less , when I had taken a mini statement at 1346hrs its has shown than that Rs 10000/- had been withdrawn (withdrawal slip no. 3946 ) which was before withdrawing Rs 100 /- from the ATM – (ATM id S1AN00188601)I was quite surprised as I have not withdrawn the amount and how two different transaction can be happen on same time on same atm machine and with the same debit card (as my atm slip is in serial numbers) so I went to the SBI Bank Branch and informed them about this. The SBI officers told me to give in writing about the issues and I did so
    I gave a letter dt. 04.02.2010 to the Branch Manager of SBI Bank – Kurla LBS marg Mumbai Branch along with the atm transactions receipts and the Manager told me that they will check and inform me within 10 days , so I waited for their reply. But when I approached the branch the Officer’s told me that the amount was actually withdrawn from my a/c and they cannot do anything about this. But I am sure that there is some mistake/fault of the ATM machine.
    I request u to kindly look into this matter as it has three months now and if any details is required kindly inform me so that I can provide the same.
    Your kind co operation will be highly appreciated.

arif khan 9820385320

( if yes, please enclose a copy of the reply )

9. Nature of Relief sought from the Banking Ombudsman
    ………………………………………………………………………………

11. List of documents enclosed:
    (Please enclose a copy of all the documents )

12. Declaration:

I/We the above named complainant/s hereby nominate
    Shri/Smt………………………………………….. who is not an Advocate and whose address is
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

ACCEPTED

(Signature of Representative)
    (Signature of Complainant)
    Note: If submitted online, the complaint need not be signed.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/QUOTE]
  • hswaliahswalia Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    sir

i would like to have a guidance for my complaint against united india insurance co. ltd.

pls do guide me .

Harminder Walia
    DEAR SIR,

i am a HDFC savings bank customer. my account no. is. 00501530002027. from the date of my opening a/c to till date my annual quarter balance is Rs. 5000. but unfortunately they sent SMS to my mobile no. on 16th June 2010 saying that " my AQB is increased from 5000 rs to 10,000 rs. it will be effective from 1st april 2010.ou
    so without any information they have increased my balance
    so i request you to do the needful
    thanking you

Bank Of Baroda
    Aminabad,
    Lucknow

Sub : A/c no. 00510400000175

With reference to our letter dated 9-03-09 (copy attached) we are extremely sorry
    to bring it to your notice that a sum of Rs.8192=00 has been debited from our account on 13-02-09 without our consent. The reason as given to us in debit advice is the returning of our two OBC’s amounting Rs.2000=00 and Rs.6192=00 which were credited in our account four years back on date 12-05-04. It is surprising that bank has debited our a/c unilaterally after an unreasonable time and also the returned chqs. were not made available to us. Since it is totally unethical and unwarranted act of bank, we protest it and demand :
    1. The debited amount of Rs.8192=00 be immediately credited to our account along with interest.
    2. Please note if our account is not credited by dt.30-03-09 we will be compelled to lodge our complaint with higher authorities including RBI and Ombudsman and also take the shelter of consumer forum in your responsibility and risk.
    Thanking you and hoping immediate action from your good office,
    Your’s Profitably

For Ajanta Chikan Arts
    Nitin Rastogi
    Ph#09415105866
  • edited June 2010

My name is Sumil Ghonge, have ordered for Titanium Debit Card before two month but after contious follow up with Andheri East (Home Branch) & with customer care i have not received debit card.

Bank executive is also not able to trace this card & not ready to give me status.

Kidly help me.
    Dear Sir/ Madam,
    My Name is Sanjiv Kumar Thakur , Address is G.R.S.E Officers Colony , Vikash Nagar , Road no - 2 , Hesag , Hatia , Ranchi -834003 . I have a saving account in Hdfc Bank in (Jharkhand) Ranchi main Road branch My Account Number is 01501050048250 . I Have a Creadit card of same bank my Creadit card number is 5176 5210 0742 3900 . The problem is that i have a limit of Rs 30000/- only. From this the amount which i have used i have paid more then that still outstanding reflacting is Rs 32000/- which is not correct.
    I want to be a good customer of bank so i have always made payment on time but due to some miscommitment from the recovery agent i stoped paying for the creadit card . The problem is without any notice my account has gone on hold because of that i am unable to do any transatction . I have a Bike lone also from HDFC Bank and because of account hold that will also be defaulter and again i will have to pay fine for the mistake which i have not done.
    Now i am working in Delhi and it is very difficult to survive . I have called to HDFC Bank Customer care they told to call at creadit card customer care when i am calling their they are not giving proper responce and because of this i am unable to understand that what to do whome to talk. Finaly before going in consumer forum i am writing to you so that you will take some immediate action on it . Please do the needfull so that i can survive.
    Thanks & regards
    Sanjiv Kumar Thakur
    mob- 9313150565
  • edited July 2010
    dear sir, I wish to bring to your notice transactional impropriety on behalf of sbi credit cards. I,DR.DALSINGH held an SBI Credit Card n0.4317 5410 4044 9293 which was in my possession till 2004. In full and final settlement of all outstanding dues I had paid to the company a sum of rupees 14500.00 (fourteen thousand five hundred only). At the time of settlement of final dues,the card was destroyed (as recommended) by the company executive himself in my presence. No specific letter indicating termination of contract and settlement of dues was issued to me by the company. however, no further statements were mailed to me eversince,inspite of the fact that i continued residing in the same premises till dec-2006.

very recently i have recieved calls and sms from the company indicating mounting outstanding dues against my account. Even at my insitence, the company has refused to issue any statement of accounts. Since all dues were cleared by me at the time of destruction and surrender of card at HYDERABAD,Ishould not be held liable for any payment. The refusal of the company to part with details or issue any written communication in the matter over the last six years clearly points to lack of transparency and clarity in financial transactions. Further i believe that it is an illegal attemt by the credit card company to fleece me.

you are most kindly requested to intervene in the matter and issue appropriate directives to the company.
    thanking you.
    Dear sir & madam

BANK NAME : STAE BANK OF INDIA
    BRANCH CODE : 00711 ADB SAMBHAL
    PALACE : SAMBHAL
    DISTT : MORADABAD

mene apki branch adb sambhal se 28may2010 ko draft no 856417 amount 2000 rupees ka ex eng paschimanchal v.v.n. ltd ke nam per banbaya tha jo ki me draft ko use nahi kar paya today 18july2010 ko jab me bank me draft cancell karane ke liye gaya to tab bank employr mr a.k. chaturvedi & vishnu avtar ne mijhse draft cancell karane ke liye 500 rs ka rishvat manga nahi to apka draft cancell nahi kiya jayega tabhi mene unse kaha ki me apke officer ko complaint karunga tab unhone kaha ke aap jaha chahe waha complaint kara sakte hai aur me waha wapas agaya

so i am humble requesting you bank employes ke against action lena ka kast kare
    as soon as possible plz revart me

Rgrds

Kerala
    Pin Code 683594
    Phone No/ Fax No. 9495272637
    Email smsnow4me@gmail.com

Complaint against (Name and full address of the branch/bank)
    HDFC bank Ltd
    Adam Plaza,Municipal Junction, Temple road,Paravur
    Ernakulam district,Kochi
    Pin Code 683513
    RTGS/NEFT IFSC:HDFC0000823
    Phone No. / Fax No. …………………….

Subject matter of the complaint (Please refer to Clause 8 of the Scheme)
    Money Loss due to IRESPONSIBILITY and INEFFICIENCY

Details of the complaint:
    (If space is not sufficient, please enclose separate sheet)
    On 26/07/2010 i was opened a bank a/c in HDFC Bank north paravur branch(A/c No.08231000048378-SB a/c), on 27/07/2010 i was deposited Rs50,000 to the bank.They told any time i can withdraw the money from the bank, but because of the irresponsibility and inefficiency of the bank employees ,on 30/07/2010 i can't withdrawn the money from the HDFC North paravur branch, due to this i have lost my time,chitty and other necessaries.so kindly requesting you to do the immediate action against the HDFC bank employees(north paravur) irresponsibilitty and inefficiency. Thanking you and hoping immediate action from your good office

Declaration:

Wilson Gabriel
  • praveen kumar tomarpraveen kumar tomar Junior Member
    edited August 2010

I had credit card a/c No.5176533691341009 & 4477466640053004 from ICICI bank 2 years back. I have used only 6000/- of both card. The limit of card is 20000/- each I paid it on instalment of every month. But two three month after the bank "hold on Funds "for non payment of dues against cards and they told me that total due of my card is 45000/-.After that bank are debited hold funds from my A/C No:628501523665.After that I m complain many time to bank please resolve this issue but they can’t do nothing.
    Now after almost 2 years ie on July 2010 I withdrawal cash from my salary A/C No:-025401528187 my salary was put on "hold on Funds" and I need to pay Rs.68929.They have make a call to me after 10 day the person named rahul Cell No:9650095674/9650095671. I M told all the thing to him, he told me, you can pay only 15000/- for this and he is solve the problem, but I told him that bank has debit amount from A\C and my and i m use only 6000/- from card and paying minimum amount three month after that bank hold fund from my A/C. And in two year you can’t contact me for payment. So after two year amount he told me that you dues is 68929/-. After long Discussion they can’t solve my problem and they give me a thread . They call me 10 times in day and give threads to me . After that I agree to pay it but after proper settlement latter from ICICI bank. He accept that both of card are settled after payment of 15000/-. I’m Going to Bank for the payment and the person of ICICI bank also come to given a settlement latter of bank. I M receiving that latter before payment but I see that latter is only on simple paper and only one Card no is mention on it . I’m told Rahul (ICICI Bank Person)for this but he told me , you can pay it I’m change it and both card are mention on NOS which is issue after one month paying this amount but, I m Told him that before receiving right latter I can’t make any payment .After that they call me many time and abuse me and thread me. I m very frustrated of all this. I m trying to solve this problem but im not able to pay 15000/- for it .

I humbly request you to look in to this matter very seriously to avoid our money getting locked unnecessary by this type of banks and make our life miserable. Also I request you to restrict taking the all our money from our accounts(ie) 100% Because we are all dependent on salary only and if they take the full salary how will we survive. Already all the banks are running thru our deposited money, not allowing to withdraw.

Thanking You
    Praveen Kumar Tomar
    Dear Soumya,

You can say whatever suits to your requirement. By sending the scanned image you have opened a Pandora box. The pay sleeps forwarded by you shows that one has the date and other does not. It clearly indicates that there is no standard guideline to put date by bank staff and it can be very well manipulated to the convenience of the bank staff. Please refer the all mail trail and you will see that my first complaint was on 7th June. I am not a fool to complain without dropping the cheque and you are not that smart to cover up your fault. Check the strokes of the letters of date and compare with others; it is clear case of forgery by the bank staff to hide their fault. Let me tell you that from the very beginning I have been telling that the cheque was dropped at RITES ATM in Gurgaon and the stamp on cheque vindicated my stand. Why do not you accept that Axis bank has found another way of making money to show profit on its account by deliberately holding the cheques and charging afterwards in the name of cheque return. Do you have any thing more to say?

Pravash

From: DlfGurgaon.Operationshead@axisbank.com [mailto:DlfGurgaon.Operationshead@axisbank.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:38 PM
    Cc: DlfGurgaon.Branchhead@axisbank.com
    Subject: Request for confirmation for credit of cheque

Greetings!

Wtih reference to your appended mail, we attach herewith the payin slips as well as the cheque images of the cheques in question. Chq NO. 512468 dt 10.06.2010 in which the pay in slip does not contain the date. However, the chq no 512466 for rs 45000/- dtd 14.05.2010 has the pay in slip where the date is mentioend as 11.06.2010. (we are attaching herewith the scanned copies of the cheque and the pay in slips for your reference)

We note that both the cheques were deposited on 11.06.2010 and have been presented in clearing on the same date, clear funds released on 14.06.2010

In view of the above, there does not seem to be any delay in the credit of the said cheques.

We request you to kindly revert to us in case you seek any further clarification from our end.

Soumya S
    AVP-Head Operations
    ph : 0124-4709417

Forwarded by RBO Support/RBO/002/AXISBank on 07/23/2010 12:39PM

To: "Mishra, Pravash Kumar" <pmishra@louisberger.com>, <Vejalpur.Operationshead@axisbank.com>
    From: "Mishra, Pravash Kumar" <pmishra@louisberger.com>
    Date: 07/23/2010 09:18AM
    cc: <RBO.Support@axisbank.com>, <CMT.CO@axisbank.com>
    Subject: RE: Request for confirmation for credit of cheque

In continuation to my mail of July 19 th , 2010; please find attached the scan copy of bank statement for your reference. You can very well see the twp cheques of Rs. 45000/- each has been credited to my account on same day, where as one cheque was dropped a month earlier at Axis bank ATM at RITES building in Gurgaon, Haryana. It is like in Hindi Muhabora” Chori our Uparese sina chori”. I hope you will address the issue at the earliest.

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:22 PM
    To: Mishra, Pravash Kumar; Vejalpur.Operationshead@axisbank.com
    Cc: RBO.Support@axisbank.com; CMT.CO@axisbank.com

Dear Axis Bank chairman,

Please go though the mail below for the details of correspondence I am having with your staff for their negligence. Your customer care department is hopeless and worthless. Now there is another twist to all this issue by your so efficient staff for robbing customer for no fault. I just received a statement from fro the bank showing deduction of Rs. 380/- towards cheque bounce. I just can not understand the level of cheapness of bank in looting the customer. What was my fault in cheque bounce and paying a penalty for same? You have an excellent customer section which is of no use. You do not even provide banking ombudsman number of email id for complaint. Very poor and pathetic show!

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:18 PM
    To: 'Vejalpur.Operationshead@axisbank.com'
    Cc: ' RBO.Support@axisbank.com ' ; ' :PersonNameCMT.CO@axisbank.com '

Dear Gracy,

My complaint did not get solved by your bank; rather you want a certificate from me stating that the complaint has been resolved since the cheque has been credited in my account. My grievance was for a larger issue affecting my payment plan, loss of interest, cost to be borne by me towards bounce of cheque and damage to my credit rating that is now being maintained by a centralized agency for each individual. Your bank has purposefully avoided the above issues raised by me in earlier mail to Mr. Tridib and he has washed off his hand from this complaint by transferring the matter to Vejalpur branch. My earlier communication with Axis bank is attached below for necessary action. Do you want me to forward our communication to bank ombudsman?

DEAR MR. TRIDIB,

YOU DID NOT REPLY TO MY COMPLAINT AND I HAD TO PUT ANOTHER CHEQUE OF 45000/- IN MY ACCOUNT. TO MY SURPRISE, YEATERDAY MY PREVIOUS CHEQUE ALSO GOT CLEARD. IT TOOK MORE THAN A MONTH TO CLEAR A LOCAL CHEQUE. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TIME, MONEY AND EMBARSHMENT? NOW THE OTHER BANK IS CHARGING ME FEE FOR RETURN CHEQUE, AXIS BANK SHOULD BEAR THE COST AND LOSS OF INTEREST. IN FACT, I WANTED TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU THROUGH CUSTOMER CARE BUT THAT POOR FELLOW WAS SCARED, MAY BE BECAUSE OF LOOSING HIS JOB. UNFORTUNATELI YOUR CHAIRMAN’S EMAIL ID IS NOT IN BANK WEBSITE, OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN TO HIM.

VERY POOR SERVICE

PRAVASH K MISHRA

Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:48 PM
    To: 'RBO Support'
    Cc: ' CMT.CO@axisbank.com '
    Subject: RE: 'AXISIBRM=006-700-973' FW: Branch and other Banking related complaints

Dear Mr. Tridib,

As suggested by you the details are provided below-

Account no. - 58010100032072

Branch – Vejalpur, Ahmedabad

From: RBO Support [mailto: RBO.Support@axisbank.com ]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 2:35 PM
    To: Mishra, Pravash Kumar
    Subject: RE:'AXISIBRM=006-700-973' FW: Branch and other Banking related complaints

Dear Mr Pravash K Mishra

We thank you for your e-mail dated 7th June, 2010.

However, in order to redress your grievance appropriately, kindly revert to us with correct account number and the branch where you maintain your account.

For any further assistance please contact CMT.CO@axisbank.com .

Tridib Hazra
    AVP (RBO)
    RBO Support Team
    PB

Original Message
    From: Pravash Kumar Mishra ( pmishra@louisberger.com )
    Date: Monday, June 07, 2010 12:16 PM
    To: cmt.co@axisbank.com ( cmt.co@axisbank.com )
    Subject: FW: Branch and other Banking related complaints

This is in continuation to my mail below; I am surprised to see that Axis bank has not provided direct number for lodging complaint on their web site. It seems deliberate because I call up your head office in Mumbai and a got a number of other offices (66277225/66277245) for complaint. On this number I was told that this not the office dealing with complaint and got two different mobile number of Mr. Suhash (9323987548) and Mr. Tridipt AVP (9820054262). I tried for Mr. Tridipt but he did not picked up the phone and my call to Mr. Suhash reached his brother not him. How come the bank can provide the number of its official which not belongs to him but to his brother? What a mess-up! No wonder Indian organization’s service quality is one of the worst in the world. Unfortunately you have not provided the email ID of your chairman, otherwise I would have written to let him know that how far the system has rotten.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 11:49 AM
    To: ' cmt.co@axisbank.com '
    Subject: Branch and other Banking related complaints
    Importance: High

This regarding mismanagement of ATM drop box at RITES building in Gurgaon, Haryana. I am a very old customer of yours and to my surprise the service level of Axis bank has decorated day by day. It looks like it is going in the direction of ICICI bank. I had dropped a Bank of America cheque at RITES building some time in middle of last month to credit some 50000 in my UTI account. There after I issued the Axis cheque for payment, however, this morning I got a call from the agency to which I had issues the cheque that the Axis bank cheque bounced due to non availability of fund. I inquired from BoA and to my surprise the cheque has not been presented to them for debit. I do not know what is happening and who shall be responsible for this mismanagement. Can the bank have any answer for this unnecessary hassle to the customers? If Axis can not manage the drop box, it is better remove from such location that at least we are not embarrassed or harassed. Hen I called up your branch at Galleria (DLF) in Gurgaon to know what is going on, my phone kept on one person to another and at the end no body picked it up. What a lousy kind of service provided by so called privatised bank. By changing to fancy name the quality of banking does not improve.

Pravash K Mishra

From: Vejalpur.Operationshead@axisbank.com [mailto:Vejalpur.Operationshead@axisbank.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:02 PM
    Subject: Request for confirmation for credit of cheque

Pl send us the confirmation through mail for credit of your chq which we require to close your complaint.

Gracy Antao
    Vejalpur Operationshead
    Axis Bank
    Dated : 11-08-2010
    Place: Coimbatore

I am Mr. Friends Paul as your customer for an credit card holder and my Credit Card NO. 7777 7777 7366 8065 – N – 00393 dated 10-06-2010

Due to your executives calls and pressure given to my I was without knowing taken a credit card loan from your ABN Amro Bank in the period 2008.

But after receiving this loan only I understood this is very bad service and not maintaining proper records or communications in your bench mark services. Even if I have given the cheque in the proper date they use to present to the bank later and they put charges on us.

So I am planning to close my account immediately so what can you do on this account to pre-closure this account as on this date

From this i am fed-up of your service and i am forwarding this mail to :

Let me know your feed back as soon as possible.

The Total Amount Paid till Now. Rs. 1,07,844/- as on July – 2010
    The Loan Amount Received Rs. 1,46,646.06 on 28-04-2008

As per your Mail your balance amount is Rs. 91,277.27 as per your statement dated 10-06-2010.

Again if I have to pay this much amount it is not possible for me, because I am getting this amount from outside for interest and paying for you, due to your executives disturbance so you please waiver the unwanted charged from my account and let me know your final amount to settle it immediately.

Letter Hot Copy to Below Mentioned and CC to:

CC: RBI - Chennai & New Delhi
    CC: OMBUTSMAN - Chennai - New Delhi
    I have submitted complain on date 11.05.2010 in GM -1
    office Lho Patna regarding three fraudulant withdrawl of A/C payee checque
    totalling Rs 110000( one lacs ten thousand only).Three ch no is
    659853, 659851,659852 . The Fraudulent withdrawl is from SBI
    Jhanjharpur(br code 3266) and from SBI Kankarbagh (Branch Code 1389).
    More than three months passed . Reminder also given to SBI Bombay office.
    An application under RTi 2005 application also given to to GM -1
    ,LHO Patna office its reply is still awaited . It requires action to
    PIO under RTI act also.
    An early action is still from your side is
    warranted .Those officer /staff who is misleading Bank to save
    culprit by meticulosly delaying enquiry should be penalised .
    I should paid with all fixed deposit interst as well as compensation
    for the mental torture.
    with regards .

Vikash jha ,09835443620
    vikashjha.jha32@gmail.com
  • vishal3213208vishal3213208 Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Sir I had a Credit Card of HDFC BANK No. 4346781007359045. There was a Fraudulent Charges on 15th October, 2009 for the amount of Rs 18,970. Nw this amount is Rs Rs.33,027.59. Even on the charge slip signatures are totally fraudulent. I think its the responsibility of the merchant also to verify signature for such a huge amount. I am writing to the bank from that time, even I had contacted with there nodal officer(RAMDAS RAMASWAMY) however I am not getting any proper response. There collection team is calling me and my father. I am going through harrassment from that time. Please help me. I wanted this issue to get resolved.

Dear Vishal,

We apologize for the inconvenience you were put through and would like to assure you that a bank representative is currently investigating the matter and will shortly be in touch with you. We would also like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your credit card number on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised. Instead, should you wish to contact the bank, you may do so by writing in to us directly at talktous@hdfcbank.com and quoting your contact details and the reference id TTU00092123082010.

We value your patronage and will try and resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank
  • S K GautamS K Gautam Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    I am a classic customer of HDFC bank and offered a pre approved loan at 9.50% and forms were filled up for submission. suddenly an internal competitor of HDFC bank RM approached me and offered 9.25% interest. Hence the submitted form brought back to me and a new form submitted with revised interest rate. He advised the EMI details with his calculations and got the signature.

After getting the loan, i received the repayment schedule with 9.86% interest with same EMI causing me a loss of Rs.15000/ appox over a 5 years of time. The copy of agreement provided by bank to me is not signed by me though my signature impressions are there.

Later on complaint to the customer care and the management and further personal meeting by HDFC officials it is concluded that I am suppose to honour the agreement which is not signed by me actually and has my forged signature.

I am regularly paying the installment as per imposed interest rate as on date.

For the evidence i have the email communication from HDFC concerned RM for the settlement of the matter by paying me the difference of higher interest through their DSA and close the matter. While, officially the HDFC is not accepting the same and not ready to settle.

I do not want any response from HDFC bank officials or customer care as i have already lost my 6 months time.