Metro Rail Complaint

edited September 2014 in Government Department
Before reading through the entire details of the problem, please note that this was forwarded to the Chief Manager, Opearations, Metro Rail kolkata who didn't pay any heed to the complaint. Here's the copy of the letter sent by me at com@mtp.railnet.gov.in on 13 December 2009 21:52PM.

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a 26 yr. old male citizen of Kolkata and I wish to bring into your attention that I had entered the Metro premises of Central Metro Station at around 16:20 hrs, 13th Dec 2009 for making my journey to Rabindra Sarobar Metro Station. I bought the ticket from the counter and punched the card at around 16:30 hrs and entered the station.
I was not in a hurry since I was waiting for a confirmation call from my friend to go to his house since that would mean to get off at Kalighat station. There was another female friend accompanying me. Since the female friend of mine was to go to DumDum, so we were patiently waiting for the train to arrive. Awaiting the call from my friend, we chose to stand on the platform. I stood at the platform where the train was to go towards DumDum talking. Two trains went past us and the trains were heavily crowded. She skipped those trains due to the same reason waiting for the 3rd train in hope of getting a less crowded train.

We were approached by the police personnel patrolling on the station. He spoke in a highly commanding tone asking us that why we were waiting there to which we replied we were waiting for the next train. Next he said that “Catch the next train. If you miss another train, you will not be allowed to travel by Metro”. I asked him what was the time of validity of the ticket to which pat came the reply that it is not of any matter since nobody can stand at the platform for so long, otherwise he/she has to leave the station. He said to me that “Come to the Station Master and talk with him. He took my ticket in his hand and asked me to follow him. I followed him with my friend to the Station Master’s room with the verbal altercation following course.

We got to the station Master’s room at about 17:05 hrs who was absent in the cabin. The patrol police gestured me to sit down in the chair. I sat down, and patiently waited for the Station Master. Another person was sitting on the table working. The Station Master came after a minute or so, and the patrol policeman handed over my ticket to him. He checked the ticket and as usual retorted in a very rude manner “Is this a resting place?” To which I firmly replied “No”. He shouted at the topmost of his voice preaching me as if I had been caught on some illegal grounds. He shouted “Leave the Metro Now and go out of the station and signaled the patrol guy to take me over”. I firmly asked him that “Is there a banner or public display board in the Metro to leave the station within a specific time period?” to which he insulted me by saying that “We don’t have to put a banner around for YOU people!”. (Please note YOU here referred to me and my female friend. His comment clearly signaled that as if he had been dealing with a love couple). His next step was to stand up from his chair and shoutingly insulted me “Get Out!”. I stood up from the chair and demanded my ride ticket from him. To my bewilderment and utter surprise, he tore my ticket right in front of me and repeated “Get Out!”. I immediately asked him his name and demanded him the fare of my ticket. He signaled the patrol guy to hand me over to the OC doing the rounds then. He said in a sarcastic tone “What the hell would you do with my name?” and tried to manhandle me with the help of the patrol guy and the other person sitting on the table. I immediately asked for a paper to write a complaint in the Station Master’s name to which he again rebuked me and asked the patrol guy to immediately whisk me away from there to the OC, Calcutta Police. After so much insulting and verbal abusing, the police patrol guy asked me to get away from there. The Station Master along with the other person were still shouting at the top of their voices hurling abuses behind me. After walking for a few steps from there, the patrol guy offered me to cut my ticket from his pocket to which I flatly refused. I talked to the OC sitting there and explained him the entire details of the incident. He said that the word of the Station Master was final and he could not do anything. He also remarked that the Metro is a very High Security Zone to which I again firmly replied that then it becomes all the more mandatory to put a Public Message on a banner inside the Metro. He said that it is clearly understood and there was no such requirement for any such message to be put up. After persuasion of my friend, I left the station at about 17:30 hrs, an insulted dejected commuter.

Now I would request you to kindly provide me the point-wise reply of the queries as here under:

1. Is there any requirement for putting up a Public message inside the Metro premises to inform the customers that it is a “High Security Zone” and passengers must leave the station within 10-15 min of their entering?
If yes, then what would you do with all those elderly passengers above 55 or with those patients who have breathing problems or asthma attacks missing 2-3 trains? Would you stuff them into the Metro like a pack of gunny bags and whisk them away as soon as possible??
If your answer is No, then why was I harassed without prior information being put up? Under the Right to Information Act, 2005 why was I denied of basic information of using my services including the time validity of my ticket? Please provide a suitable reply.

2. How can a Officer on duty behave with his commuters in a rowdy manner as if he were talking to his servant? Leave alone the courtesy, how can he flout rules so openly without nobody checking him? Is this a position of responsibility that he is handling? Does he have the authority and the power to tear away public money after promising the commuter a safe journey towards his destination? Does the Station Master have the power of not taking up complaint from the commuter? Please provide a suitable reply.

3. If there is no complaint redressal mechanism, why then put up the false boxes outside the stations to encourage people/masses to give their suggestions? Please stop putting up a false show of serving the people. At least they’d know that there’s nobody to address their complaints.

In addition to the reply of the above questions, I’d sincerely like to know the name of the Station Master on duty during those hours and I want a refund of my ticket as well duly provided to me by the same person who had torn the ticket.

I am awaiting your sincere reply within 7 days of receipt of this mail. After the stipulated time and failing to get suitable reply from your side, I’d like to move to the Consumer Forum and subsequently to Consumer Court.

Awaiting your sincere co-operation and quick reply in the captioned matter.

Dhurjati Dutta

***End of letter***

If this is the kind of service/behaviour from public servants then God help this country!. Meanwhile I'd like to express my thanks over a certain PAN card problem of mine which got sorted out. Thanks to the Good work done by your concerned authorities. Looking forward to your co-operation once again..

Dhurjati Dutta

Comments

• edited April 2010

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. Today (Saturdary 3/4/2010) I also punched my ticket from Rabindra Sadan Station but in Shyambazar when I again punch my ticket for exit it was not punched. One of getkeer take my ticket an ask me to go to the station muster room. I went to station master( station master was not bengali) room and he said that ticket was not punched and he also asked give fine of Rs 260/-. The station muster behaviour is too much rough and rood. I convinsed him that the ticked was punched but he said that it was not punched. I chalanged him that the gate was not ok and tell him to punch that ticked in another gate. I take the ticket and punch it in another gate and ticket was punched. I was harased as an ugly was.

• adminadmin Administrator
    edited April 2010

We suggest you to send a email at dycom@mtp.railnet.gov.in first, wait for their reply and in case not get any satisfactory reply then you can knock consumer forum.
  • edited May 2010
    sir

i am a bonifide passanger of metro and i am very happy with the services provided by you.i am very unfortunate and get surprised by the incedent happen with me on 13-05-2010 when am coming with my wife from rabindra sadan station .it was my mistake to take 2 zone ticket insted of 3 zone .i caught by gate man without uniform and having a metro tag at his hand .he abuse me and ask rs.50 instead of charging fine .,when i denie ,he tried to be physical with me with lot of abusing language.he was totally drunked .

i had done a mistake and i was ready to give whatever fine it is ,but it is very unfortunate that how that antisocial and curupt people are appoint at metro. please save your passangers from these drunked emplyees.

sandip rai
  • edited August 2010

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. But on 19.08.2010 due to heavy rain my riding ticket has been badly damaged. I was advised to to go to the station master room with my tickect on Shyambazar. I went to station master( station master was bengali) room and he said that he will return my money on 20.08.2010 for the unused 5 rides. As per his advise today when I went to his room he just not asked about my personal life but also offered me to come with him in alone. I just ignoring him but just trying to make a chance to use me. He also took my mobile numbers and after that he refunded my money. I was badly harssed there and also feeling very much insecure to go to any station master room in this kind of situation.
    It is my request to take a necessary action against the station master.

Thanking you.
  • edited September 2010
    I am a physically handicapped person of 37 years with Post polio paralysis of left limb and use Caliper with Knee and hindge joint. I am also a Govt Servant employed in Geological Survey of India and a daily passenger from Belgachia to Parkstreet .
    Sir I beg to say that previously seperate seats were provided to P.H. persons but it is mixed with Sr.Citizen also.I want to say that when I board the train from Belgachia I found that the most of the seats are occupied by the Sr.Citizen and I could not tell them to leave the seat for me because they are the respected Sr.Citizen of our Society. Some of them also offer me to sit also but I refuse them and tell them that though I am handicapped I am yound and you are our Sr. citizen of this country.
    Therefore I request you sir to make a separate arrangement of seats for Physically handicapped persons and also for our Respected Senior Citizens.
    Day by day crowds are increasing and I suggest that a system like in the local trains of Mumbai is introduced that a quarter portion of compartment in front and back may be introduced also so that to avoid rush while getting up and down from the train.
    An early and suitable remedy of the above problem is highly solicitated from your end please.
  • edited October 2010
    hi ive been traveling with metro rail from mutual station to athlone,and i have never came across such shit service in my life!!! you guys just don't give a fuck if people are late for a meeting or just work, as long as you have your fuckn money!!

today the the 11/10/2010 myself and about 100 other commuters waited for 1 hour on maitland station and no one even said anything on the intercom to say that the train going to be delayed what the fuck is the point of the intercom?????
    u guys are really not doing your job,its the simplest job in the world properly and you cant even get that right !!! give the job to people that can do it and its not fuckn rocket science!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Almost all stations have more than 10 ticket counters and out of which hardly 1 or 2 remains open even during peak hours.

On 26th i visited to station master of central metro station and asked the reason,simply he replied it is due to non availability of staff.

If it is so than i dont understand why metro rail intoduce new trains.

May i rqst to kly look in to and keep atleast 5 windows open all the time.

Further their is no person to confirm about applicability of student concession in kolkata metro rails.
    May i rqst to kly mail the applicability of student concession and with reqd. Formalities etc.

Await action and reply,

rgds,
    s.r.mehta,
    mobile no.9831395999.
  • edited March 2011
    this is to inform u that the RPF person travelling daily by 1st metru from dum dum r very notorius,they r sitting on the sit of ladies & not kettimg them 2 sit
    even if they r sitting on the bench at station (which is mention for ladies / old person) but still they r sitting there,
    & lastly they r alwats staring at ladies , & standing next 2 ladies sit.
    pls take som action
  • edited April 2011
    Dear Sir/Madam

I pulled up to the station in Ottery this morning (02/04/2011) only to find that the church (GHCS) has taken over the parking
    that is meant for people using Metrorail services. The security would not even allow car's in for people to be dropped off, now I understand that the church was having a funeral but at the same time the church has parking on its premises and a vacant
    ground opposite the church. It is my understanding that the parking belongs to the station and if so then GHCS has no
    authority preventing anyone from parking at the station's parking area, especially those that use the train.

Angry Passanger
    Good Day

My names Nazereena , Last week and Thursday dated 5th of May 2011 i got mugged on my way to work.I work in Bellville, Cape Town but got mugged at the Pentech station, two stops before Bellvillen staion which is my destination..

This guy just decided to Pull a knife on me, scratch in my pockets and took my cellphone, now if there were any guard officials on the damn train this woudnt have happend.

Then he continued to torment me my trying to take my bag.. I then refused to hand it over due to my personal belongings being in there. Losing the fight for my bag , and while the train was departing Pentech Station he just decided to "what look liked" wanted to ofcause put and end to everything by pulling me off the train.. He succeeded in this

I got hurt badly , no guards were at the station and no one helped me. He then pursured to run off the platforf through the trail between bushes on either side of this station.
    Metrorail needs to secure their stations!

And ofcause this is one thing that i wont be able to let slide without a fight, not only for my saftey but for others as well, and to the young guy who was killed at that same station a week before, for his cellphone aswell.
    Isnt this enough for metrorail to urgentlly lookinto thhis matter immediatley

Very angry!!!!!
    good day.

i take the 6:19 train from kuilsriver to cape town. is there a reason why they cant stop the train and check that all the people in the metroplus carraiges have valid tickets to be there. the train is so full most days we cant evens get in the train cause the people with the 3rd class tickets are in the metroplus carraiges. if they want to be in metroplus they need to buy a valid ticket cause us commuters with valid tickets cant evens get in or get a seat which we are paying for not them but they are more comfortable than anything else. as a paying customer i would like you to make an effort to check the peoples tickets when the train gets to kuilsriver station as that is one of the worst stations to get on in the northern suburbs.

Reg: Complaint against the Station Master

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. Today (Monday, 23rd May, 2011) I also punched my ticket from Rashbehari Station but in Bansdroni when I again punch my ticket for exit it was not punched. One of getkeer take my ticket an ask me to go to the station muster room. I went to station master room and he said that ticket was not punched and he also asked give fine of Rs 250/-. The station muster behaviour is too much rough and rood. I convinsed him that the ticked was punched but he said that it was not punched. All the gates are not working. I was harased as an ugly was.
    It is my request to take a necessary action for that station master of Masterda Surya Sen and also ask the Metro railway board to take necessary action for repairing the gate.

Gopa Bhattacharya
  • edited June 2011
    Sevaral day could not working chandi chawk south Gate ( SMART Card)

Please look in to matter immediately to avoid passengers probleme
  • edited June 2011
    The Authority
    Metro Rail Department of Kolkata

I myself Gargi Chakraborty (Sarkar) like to inform you that we are facing mostly every day very ridiculous situation in metro rail,most of the day AC in all metro are not working properly & created a suffocated situation also.

We are the daily passenger & it's really not possible for us to travel like this. Either you should stop to run the AC metro or make it properly for the purpose of daily traveling.

Thanks & Regards.

Gargi Chakraborty (Sarkar)
    MOB: 09378218777
  • edited December 2011

Date- 12.12.2011

Reg: Complaint redressal against harassment

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a smart card and the card was punched by me regularly. Today (monday 12/12/2011) I also punched my card from Rabindra Sadan Station but in kavi najrul station when I again went to punch my card for exit it was not punched. One of the gatekeeper took my card an ask me to go to the station master’s room. I went to station master’s( station master was bengali) room and he said that ticket was not punched and he also asked me to give a fine of Rs 260/- and he said there are some acts regarding that , under that act its written to give some fine. I am a law student of hazra law college I know what are the rules and regulations in the act as I myself read many acts be it i.p.c and c.r.pc and etc. So I know what would be the consequence of not punching the smart card in the specified station. The station master’s behavior is too much rough and rude. I convinced him that the card was punched but he said that it was not punched. I challenged him that the gate was not ok and asked him to give the complain register but he did not gave that. I was being harassed in front of my co passengers. I was being told that to cut a ticket means a token of that same price and to give the station master. As he did not give the complain register I was being forced to give the price of that token. I was harassed as an ugly was.
    It is my request to take a necessary action for that station master and also ask the Metro railway board to take necessary action for repairing the gate. If you don’t give reply to this letter I will take some other actions.
    I am awaiting your sincere reply within 7 days of receipt of this mail. After the stipulated time and failing to get suitable reply from your side, I’d like to move to the Consumer Forum and subsequently to Consumer Court for harassing me.

Srijita basu
  • Llewellyn de VriesLlewellyn de Vries Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    I am an Investigator of Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences within the South African Police Force. My wife, Linelle de Vries, has been making use of the Metrorail public transport system for the past 5 years. My wife will be formally lodging a complaint with the SAPS for Crimen Injuria and Assault Common committed against her on 2012-04-18 at approximately 07:25. I will refrain from furnishing the details of the case on this blog as I am also considering instituting a Civil Claim against Metrorail South Africa as the perpetrator was officially on duty as a ticket inspector. The profanity in the language used by your employee was witnessed by co-passengers and needless to say, this is unprofessional and highly unacceptable. The racial discrimination by an employee of Metrorail should never be tolerated. My wife has been left traumatized by the event and I will be seeking compensation for the Psychological counseling that will be necessary for her to emotionally recover from this event. My wife has been informed by this same perpetrator that she will revenge her shortly. This is tantamount to intimidation and I do not feel safe for her to use your Metrorail any longer. The nature of this complaint is serious and it will have to be brought under the attention of other passengers so that this does not occur ever again. Our country has come a far way from the era in which the Civil Rights of South Africans were violated but what does this incident say about the integrity of employees on the Metrorail? I have seen on HelloPeter.com that Metrorail is not keen on replying to complaints. If this is the norm then the media will need to be contacted as I feel that all South Africans should travel safely without intimidation of employees in the service such as yours. I will use every means at my disposal to warn others of such outrageous behaviour.
  • edited April 2012
    Respected Sir

I am Debojit Debnath a resident of Kolkata, was travelling for the first time from Garia to Dum Dum. I was not aware of the ticket price. I offered Rs 10 and asked
    him for a ticket upto Dum Dum. He gave me a token and returned back Rs 2. I thought my ticket process is done and went to catch the Metro. When I reached Dum Dum
    station, I couldnt come out of the gate. A person over the took my token and went into the Station Master room where I find Mr S.Chakraborty . I explained him that I never travelled from Garia to Dum Dum and I was not aware of the fare , it is the fault of ticket man sitting in Ticket Counter. I explained him repeatedly that I am not a daily passenger. But without listening to any of my words, he started behaving very rudely and I was forced to make the fine amount Rs 254. I was innocent I clearly told him,but he told whatever you have to say write in the complain file. hence i make a complain in the SUGGESTION-CUM-COMPLAINT.
    My only fault is that I should have noticed the fare chart. But I didnt I directly ask the ticket man for the ticket.

Please look into this matter, I am very upset as whatever happened was not right. The Station Master was very rude ,he dint listen to any of words that was really bad.

Name: Debojit Debnath
    My Email Id: debojit.deb85@gmail.com
    Contact : 8017395646
    Address: F/38 Bapuji Nagar P.O Regent Estate Kolkata -91
  • edited May 2012
    Railway deptt,

Date- 10.05.2012

Reg: Complaint against miss management .

I am a regular passenger of rail(Garia to Ballygunge).my point of view that, garia & ballygunge station is a station or market? station not clean,All compartment in train playing cards available in all hands, right and left all type of shop in a station, these type of problem comes,But without listening to any of my words the station master.
    If you don’t give reply to this letter I will take some other actions.
    I am awaiting your sincere reply within 7 days of receipt of this mail. After the stipulated time and failing to get suitable reply from your side, I’d like to move to the Consumer Forum and subsequently to Consumer Court for harassing all.

Nanigopal Patra
  • edited July 2012
    I am a 20yrs old male citizen of
    kolka,i travel almost daily via
    metro
    because of my tutions.I wish to
    bring into your attention that on 12th
    july, 2012, i boarded a metro
    from belgachia to rabindra
    sadan, since
    the metro was fully croweded
    when i was getting down from the
    metro,one of my slippers
    (chappals) fell into the space
    between the
    platform and the metro train
    gate, Then i told the nearby security
    guard about the problem and he
    sugested me to go to the station
    master. When i went to the
    station master of rabindra
    sadan station which was situated on the exide
    crossing opening at 2.39pm on
    12th
    july 2012 and i requested him
    to help me by picking up my
    slippers from the track but instead of
    helping me he retrorted in a
    very rude
    manner that everyday someones
    cellphones or slippers fall on
    the track, so go away we will not
    pick up your slippers. I again
    requested
    him bt he shouted at the
    topmost of his voice like i was
    his servant.He again shouted at me
    to leave the room.I felt
    helpless and
    went out of the room,after i
    left that place the station
    master and other persons were stil shouting
    at the top of their voices
    hurling
    abuses behind me. I left the
    metro station at 3.10pm
    without my slippers bare footed.
    Now I would kindly request you
    to take proper action against
    that
    station master who was on duty
    on that day and at that time. I am very upset with this
    incident and now i avoid
    travelling via metro. Regards RAHUL CHAURASIA
    From

Delhi High Court

Shri S.C. Jindal
    Chief Vigilance Officer
    Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road
    Connaught Place, New Delhi - 110001

With due respect, I am writing this letter on behalf of my client Mr. Neeraj Mehta, working in Delhi High Court as Sr. Judicial Assistant. He is a daily passenger of your metro. Last time dated...............which is not mentioned in the fine receipt when he went to the metro of Kasmiri gate, he took a cup of tea from the tea stall situated in the station, and he was drinking it on the metro platform suddenly a guy has come towards him and ask him in a rude voice to give fine when he said to him who are you, can you show your identity? He replied to give find the receipt will show my identity. When he asked what is the offence he said under section 72 you have done an offence. When he asked can I talk to your officer, he said he was the officer, and he is also final authority in this metro. His attitude and behavior were so rude and threatened. He inserted my client many times between the public, and he enjoyed doing like that. When public watching him and a bad drama created by your official on the platform. At the last, I gave him 200 rupees, and he said I am Ankit Station Master and there is no need to show you my identity card and do want to do you want. The receipt which he has given to my client was without date but there was a serial no 54450. There is no proper stamp and signature.

When he went away from there he was laughing and told his colleague to see his face. There were so many people who were watching my client and asking many questions, and he was so hearted and inserted between the public. After inserted by your official to my client, he was so hearted and wants to get clarification about section 72 what it states. Let me clarify also whether the fine receipt provided by the metro officials are without date, time, signature and stamp. Please give clarification about this at the earliest so that we want to move to get justice from the court.

Thanking You,

Shri S.C. Jindal
    Chief Vigilance Officer
    Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road
    Connaught Place, New Delhi - 110001

With due respect, I am writing this letter on behalf of my client Mr. Neeraj Mehta, working in Delhi High Court as Sr. Judicial Assistant. He is a daily passenger of your metro. Last time dated...............which is not mentioned in the fine receipt when he went to the metro of Kasmiri gate, he took a cup of tea from the tea stall situated in the station, and he was drinking it on the metro platform suddenly a guy has come towards him and ask him in a rude voice to give fine when he said to him who are you, can you show your identity? He replied to give find the receipt will show my identity. When he asked what is the offence he said under section 72 you have done an offence. When he asked can I talk to your officer, he said he was the officer, and he is also final authority in this metro. His attitude and behavior were so rude and threatened. He inserted my client many times between the public, and he enjoyed doing like that. When public watching him and a bad drama created by your official on the platform. At the last, I gave him 200 rupees, and he said I am Nikil or Ankit Station Master and there is no need to show you my identity card and do want to do you want. The receipt which he has given to my client was without date but there was a serial no 54450. There is no proper stamp and signature.

Thanking You,

Client name:Neeraj Mehta

M-9891392080
    LANSDOWNE STATION - CAPE TOWN
    24 NOVEMBER 2012

I got to the ticket box at 7.30 am on Saturday, 24th November 2012, there was an African lady (she would not give her name) at the ticket counter, when I purchased tickets for my daugthers who are ages 18 and 11 years old she rudely looked passed me and asked my 11 year old what her age was, I found this rude and offencive, I then asked her in a polite manner why would she not look at me and ask as if I would lie about her age for a R9 ticket!!!!!!

She then got abrupt and loud saying that she has a right to ask, I then told her yes if you do it in the correct manner by saying she has to confirm, I told her I am the 'mother' and I would not want a free ticket! She then proceeded to complete a form and ignore me, I then told her that should I board the train with out a ticket and be locked up at Koeberg she would face heavy consequences.

She then ignored me and I then told the 2 security offices on duty (1 female / 1 male) that were present that she is being rude and difficult and screaming! She then gave my tickets, when I asked her name she just said 'I am the only woman here' and shouted that I can complain she doesnt care!

This service is disgusting! And it is not the first time this lady is abrupt and disrespective towards commuters!

I don't feel anything is being done to people who are complained about as you all think we have nothing better to do, but that is not the case, it is a way of bettering our services as this countries 'public services is disgusting'!!!

Yours sincerely

VERY DISGUSTED METRORAIL CUSTOMER
  • edited November 2012

I wish to place on record the harrassment meted out to me and my colleague by the Metro railway Authorities for no fault of ours.

Myself Debjyoti Gupta and my colleague Jayanta Pal had purchased tickets for travelling from Esplande metro Station to Maidan metro Station totalling Rs.8(fare from Esplanade to Maidan being Rs.4 per head) and had paid Rs.50 and got back two tokens along with the change of Rs.42 from the Esplanade ticket counter at 10.50 am on Monday 26-November-12.When we placed our token at the exit gate of Maidan metro station one token was rejected with the msg "invalid ticket for the segment". When we approached the authorities at the gate we were informed that the token was a lower denomination one and that we would be penalised for travelling with a lower denomination ticket.Our pleas that we trusted the person at the ticket counter and that we did not verify it as we were travelling in a hurry was not accepted and we were forced to pay a fine of Rs.250 inspite of travelling with genuine intentions and having purchased genuine tickets at the counter paying the legitimate fares.If there was any problems it was with the person who gave us the tokens at the counter owing to two reasons one is that he gave us the proper change and the second was that the officials at the maidan metro station told us that the invalid ticket was not acceptable at the entry gate of esplande station.Further the time of the invalid token showed a time of 9 AM at which time we were at our residences.As because we had no proof to show we were penalised and inspite of our views that this should be verified from the issuing station the officials stated that there was no way to do it and that they would be going by the "expensive" equipments which were installed at the premises.

We felt cheated by Metro Railways and in addition to the fine we had to pay vide reciept no 248109 dated 26-Nov-12 for token number OT821812 which was issued from a station which had no authorisation for the token.I seriously wonder how that can be possible without the connivance of the authorities to fleece the genuine commuters and make money at their expense and time.

I strongly request for a refund of not only the amount paid as fine but an amount of ten times the sum paid and the same should be appropriated from the salary of the erring officials as because this caused a serious time delay for our important appointment for no fault of ours.

In case I do not recieve a favourable response from your side within 24 hrs I would be escalating this to the press and media for public knowledge and discussions of the intentions of Metro Railway to fleece the general public and make them foot the deficit caused by unscruplous metro railway officials

Anticipating a favourable response at the earliest

Debjyoti Gupta

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a 23 yr. old male citizen of Kolkata and I wish to bring into your attention that I had entered the Metro premises of Central Metro Station at around 16:45 hrs, 12th Feb 2013 for making my journey to Rabindra Sadan Metro Station. I punched the card at around 16:50 hrs and entered the station. I was not in a hurry since I was waiting for to come,who was coming from Dum Dum station. Awaiting for my friend, I chose to stand on the platform. Two trains went past as I was waiting for my friend to come. Then my friend came and get down at the platform. We could not board that same train as the gates got closed.

We were approached by the police personnel patrolling on the station in civil dress. He spoke in a highly commanding tone asking us that why we were waiting there to which we replied we were waiting for the next train. Next he said that “Catch the next train. If you miss another train, you will not be allowed to travel by Metro”. I asked him what was the time of validity of the ticket to which he came with a reply that it is not of any matter since nobody can stand at the platform for so long, otherwise he/she has to leave the station. As he was in civil dress we also couldn't get sure about him being an RPF.
    I firmly asked him that “Is there a banner or public display board in the Metro to leave the station within a specific time period?” to which he badly insulted me and shouted on us. Though he claimed to be one in civil dress. Then he shouted on us as if we have done any criminal offence. At that time another men in civil dress came and he also shouted on us and asked us to "Get Out".
    On asking who he is and why he is shouting on us , he shouted on the top of his voice as if we have said something very vulgar to him, and he said "Should I show you who am I,should I" said this in bengali (Dakhabo ami kay, dakhabo ami ) and all this was happening in front of that RPF personal, and he was listening to it. Is this for what the RPF are posted in metro stations. All the passengers were looking at us in a disgust manner and we were badly insulted. Is this a position of responsibility that he is handling ? Is this how they claim to be in service for the people by insulting them and treating them as a criminal or something light that ?

Sir, I request you to take some steps against such actions of the security persons on metro stations. Sir, I will be grateful to you for your co-operations. I am complaining this to you as because I was badly insulted and I also don't want any other person to face such situations in future and get a bad impression about our pride "The Kolkata Metro Railway".

Yours Faithfully,
    a citizen of kolkata

Yours Faithfully,
    a citizen of kolkata
    Kolkata

I purchased a metro smart card.the number is mentioned above-010178827.today it was not working and I contacted station master for immediate resolution, but she asked me to write a letter and said it may take months to resolve and get the refund from head office.

The card is intact and no physical damage on it.then why it is not working?

What about my money that is blocked as security and balance to ride metro, this is a harassment to me on prime time when everyone is running to reach office, the card stop working.

I want resolution very fast and accurate .also revert to me where I have to send the card.pl give me details postal address so that I can send it by post.

Regds
    Nayan Dhara
    Hughes Communication India Ltd
    6th floor.7/1 lord sinha road,Lords Building.
    Kol-71
    Kolkata

Sub: Complaint against rude behavior of Metro Staff at Dumdum Metro Station.

I wish to bring into your attention that I had entered the Metro premises of Dumdum Metro Station at around 09:07 hrs, 21st Feb 2013 for making my routine journey to office to Maidan Metro Station.
    I punched my card at around 09:07 hrs at entrance which near to reserved ticket counter. I was at the queue at extreme right punch gate. The gate was not working properly (as usual!). It opened when a person, 4th before me in the queue, punched his card & did not close. Next person also passed. The gate did not respond. An elderly woman, standing before me, punched her card. I saw she had insufficient balance to travel. But she entered as the gate forgot its duty & kept open! Three security guards were chatting near the gate. They saw the problem at gate but did not care at all. When I punched, my balance in card was deducted & then the gate suddenly closed. I asked them to help me out as I was in hurry to catch the 09:10 hrs train. They called that woman to stop & told her that her balance was insufficient. Meanwhile, I punched again but gate did not open. Again I asked for help to them. They told me at smiling face to me to wait but did not do any action. Again I told them that my train will be left. They suggested me to go another gate for help. As the time for my train was coming close I entered with a person when he punched at another gate.
    Then I told to that 3 security guards for what reason they are standing at gate. Why they did not bother about that problem. Then that 3 musketeers started to yell at me & told this not their responsibility to solve these problems!
    Then an armed, non Bengali, with a gray moustache (Did not observe his name) elderly police asked me with very abusive voice (oye, idhaar aa. Kya bol raha hai tu?) from a little far & proceeding to me as he was in mood for collision with me!

My humble questions are:
    1. How come that armed police threatened me? & used abusive language like “kya bol raha hai TU”. Do metro authority take any action against this kind of abusive behavior from any metro staff/public servant?
    2. Why these three security guards did not respond when the gate was not working? Why they told me in full of confidence that its not there responsibility to take care of metro passenger’s problem?
    3. & the eternal question is when that automatic gate at all station will work properly?
    4. Should I expect any action from you for my humiliation?

Sankha Ghosh
    (Mechanical Engineer at CFIt Pvt. Ltd., a France based design company)
    Mob: +919831341044
    Mail: shankhoghosh@gmail.com
    Date: 27.02.2013
  • edited March 2013
    Good day,

As a metro rail traveler I am fed up with the service offered. I travel from van der Stel station to eerste river every day. Firstly at van der Stel tickets are barely checked, which means first class is over full with people that has only 3rd class tickets. Why must we pay more yet anyone can get into a first class carriage??? This is just in the mornings in the evenings it is even worse first class is then so full you can barely stand as 3rd class ticket holders again are taking over 1st class. Yes surely every now and then security will come into the carriage and asks tickets but why only once a month sometimes twice and not every day??? Then EVERY Monday the train is delayed with about 30min either in the morning or afternoon. It would be appreciated if metrorial can improve on this bad service and make traveling much more easier.

Kind regards,

Fed up traveler
    Good Morning I would like to bring to your attention that i have travelled on the Kaptainsklip line and on numerous occasions individuals has been smoking "dagga" on the carriages. I find this unexceptable as the tarrifs has been increased for maintenance, extra staff on the train. Staff that I hardly see, i trust this issue will be resolved asap.

Thanking you in advance.
  • edited November 2013
    My son is doing his M.Com.in Calcutta University & has to travel Kavi Subash stn. to Central as it is convenient from my residence. He approached the University office for his own concession where he was told that concessions are not issued for Metro Railway although other rail i.e. Eastern rail concessions are regularly issued.
    My earnest request to you to follow up the matter with appropriate authority at your kind earliest so that the concession for STUDENT SMART CARD may be issued from University concerned.

Thanking you,e sir