Phoenix arc pvt ltd refusing to issue noc after issuing settlement letter

rajpal1406rajpal1406 Junior Member
About 12 years back I had a Personal loan with ABN Amro Bank. While sanctioning the loan itself, I had submitted Post dated cheques for the entire EMI.

Till 2012, there was no calls from the bank. In 2012, I received a call from M/s RBS stating that there was one month overdue in my loan account. When asked for a loan account statement, it was not furnished and there were only phone calls from different staffs during different period.

During Dec 2013 I got a call from Mr. Mohan - Advocate (Mob No. 91-8807477757) of M/s Phoenix insisting me to pay the due, if not paid he would sue me. When asked for a statement, I was asked to travel all the way from Hosur to Bangalore, M/s Kotak Mahindra Bank-Banasankari Branch on any working day to collect the same. For the same, I had travelled 2 times taking off to my work schedule to collect the statement.

The statement given by them did not have any Cheque No. or Date to prove that I had to pay one month due. Dispite that, I was repeatedly followed by Mr. Mohan forcing me to pay the due. Meanwhile I cam to know that RBS has blocked my CIBIL.

So, I agreed to pay a amount of Rs. 5500.00 as final settlement yo Mr. Mohan. I received a settlement letter 10318 on 30/1/14 with the following details
Date 28/1/14 Assgmt Agmt Dt 30/4/12 Contract No. R1P1943945 Reference No. P:2013-14:049318 Account /Card No. 9223850 intimating to pay before 31/1/14.

As I need to travel again from Hosur to Banasankari Branch, I informed Mr, Mohan my incapability to pay before 31/1/14. But, Mr. Mohan informed to pay anytime and assured me for settlement and issue of NOC. Based on his commitment, I paid Rs. 5500/- on 5/2/14 Payment Receipt 0213329 at M/s Kotak Mahindra Bank - Banasankari Branch.

Till date, I have not received my NOC. On follow-up with Mr. Mohan, I was asked to contact another Mr. Mohan of M/s Kotak Mahindra bank. Mr. Mohan( Mob No 91-8939976206) of M/s KMB (M/s Kotak Mahindra Bank) refused to issue the NOC stating that I had not paid before 31/1/14. When informed about Mr. Mohan -Advocate commitment to issue the NOC even if it is paid after 31/1/14, he replied "Then you should only contact him".

Both Mr. Mohan's are not lifting the phone to answer my call.

How should I get the NOC?

I have even paid for settlement without getting a firm proof of my dues.
Request you to kindly issue the NOC and arrange for CIBIL clearance.

S.Rajagopalan