Reliance connection not working since June 17, 2014

RBXRBX Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Online Shopping
My friends used to tell me how sick they have been of Reliance Broadband; I hardly ever paid attention until my Reliance connection stopped working by the end of January. After a few weeks of hassle I got the connection terminated.

I got a new Reliance connection in (probably) April, it worked fine for a while, then stopped working on June 17, 2014, and is still dead. I have patiently called customer care each day (even though they take 10-30 minutes to receive the call) only to be fed a load of lies. I have, many times, been promised callbacks by technicians, though the only call I received asked for payment (for services I didn't receive). All I ask of them is repayment of my installation charges and June's fee (advance), or reinstatement of connection, but they fail to do either.

The reality is that Reliance is unwilling to pay its dues to owners of houses where they install their DCEs (or, maybe, called EDPs), and I (and many others) have been tormented as a result.

I have suffered immense educational losses - my M.Tech. dissertation has been delayed a lot, I missed my edX Linux classes, have been unable to actively look for job. Reliance, ironically, has only been unreliable so far.

Reliance User ID: 350872707280

Comments

• RCOMcareRCOMcare Senior Member

Reliance Communications

Getting in touch with your customer service team is my daily ritual in which I daily tell my issue, user ID, name, and location, and disconnect after being told a lie. Today, again, I was promised that I will get connectivity by the end of the day which clearly meant - please wait at least a month more, or if possible for the rest of your life.

Whatever you do is pointless until you make payments to owner of house 73/308, Mansarovar, Jaipur.
  • edited August 2014
    This is Siddharth and I've been the most unfortunate and annoyed Reliance customer for the last 3-4 months and this has literally been the worst consumer experience for me.. My broadband connection with Sub ID: 378637498710 hasn't been working for about two months now and I have no idea for what reason I've been charged full amt.. The same happened last month and I was told issue would be fixed in a couple days and hence I paid full amt last time even though I barely had the connection working for a week. And now this has gotten out of hand.. I have no intention of paying this bill when I haven't used 1 byte worth of internet for 2 months. I hav applied for another internet connection after getting tired of waiting. You can disconnect the connection as and when you guys please.

My previous Complaint IDs: 221662097, 222368252, 224097953.
    Check the date n history on these complaints to know how dragging this issue has been for me.
    edited August 2014
    I received a call today from Mumbai telling me that my connection has been fixed (though I was sure that it isn't the case). I don't have time to call home to make sure each time you tell me lie, so I better not receive another useless call or I will have to sue Reliance Communications for the loss I've suffered during this time span as well as will make claim for the fee I paid for June in advance with interest.
    edited August 2014
    I received calls today from (141) 4026397 and (022) 30333232 asking for bill payments. I'd like to make it clear that I won't pay another dime until the connectivity is restored because I paid the fee for June, 2014 in advance and didn't receive the services for June 17, 2014 - August 02, 2014, that means I must be provided connectivity for 15 days before I am required to pay for another month.

Reliance User ID: 350872707280

As per your telephonic conversation with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that the aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolved to your satisfaction.

Reliance Communications

Read post #3 again, I had the conversation in which I was told that my connection has been fixed, which was a white lie. I have already lodged a complaint in consumer court, so you can keep pretending whatever you want.

Reliance Communications

For once, would you stop lying? The connection hasn't been fixed, and I don't remember any telephonic conversation.

I did receive a call saying my payment for June hasn't been updated, I don't know what I can do about that, I have a receipt here saying I paid the bill, what happens after that is none of my concerns (receipt no. JP498191).

Today my father too got a call regarding the connection I used to have (ID: 223621124032), which, as I have told earlier, I got rid of probably in January. The person on the other side, presumably a lawyer, told him that their party is going to file a case in high court regarding non payment of bill. I have paid for all the services I got, and got the connection terminated a few weeks after the connection stopped working on January 27, 2014. You can do whatever you want but even the law can see that I am not liable to pay for any services I didn't receive.