clutch plate burn in newly purchased Wagnor in just 2 month and running is 2000 kim

edited September 2014 in Automobile
This is vikas, I purchased a new Maruti Wagon R. CNG LXi on dated 8th April’14 from Auto Magic Dealer located in Dwarka Sec. 9 and last serviced on dated 5th May’14.
Last Friday my CAR has and issue and while checked by Maruti Service engineer he told me that Clutch plates burn in your car and need to be replaced and charged me 7000 Rs for the same at Auto Magic Service station in Mayapuri neot w delhi---My car running is just 2000 KM. yet.

Maruti Suzuki dealer and service engineer telling to me this is my fault, I just wanted to give the idea that I am not new driver and I know how to drive a CAR.

How it can be possible, I am not satisfied with the reasons of clutch plate burn given by service engineer,

As per my know group of people, this can’t be happened.

There will be a definite issue with manufacture and saying we are also running car in delhi and almost using clutch most of the time as delhi Traffic is high and not faced this issue while running a CAR in delhi from last 5 years.

I request you, please look into this issue and do the needful as this kind of service and product issue may lead to put bad images of Maruti Suzuki brand.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    This is Nagaraj Kamath.
    I bought new Swift ZDI(Diesel) from Mandovi(J. P. Nagar Bangalore) 2 years back by now. Swift ZDI is with new engine and newly released to the market in Nov-2011. Until on Nov-2011 Swift ZDI (Diesel) was not existing.

First time it broke down with clutch plates completely worn out after 17,000 KM drive(in 1.5 years). I have been servicing it with Bimal Mahadevapura and I had to toe my car after it broke down completely.
    Bimal replaced the whole clutch assembly charging me around 8K Rs.

I thought this would solve the problem. Again I got a shock when my Swift broke down for same clutch worn out problem in just 5,000KM from the clutch replacement. Again They replace the clutch charging me 8K Rs.

The reason Bimal gives is clutch worn out because of driving problem.

I had experience of driving Alto before Swift which I drove for 22,000 KM and I never faced clutch problem. In Swift ZDI My clutch got replaced twice in 23,000 KM.
    I think there is clutch related problems in Swift ZDI(Turbo Diesel engines) which are yet to be proven as they are not existing in market for too long to prove themselves.

When I raise this point, many people tend to disagree and say swift is proven vehicle but they forget to note that SWIFT ZDI is released in Nov. 2011. This is not the swift which is existing from 2005 onwards.
    I’m Planning to sell this off soon….

A unsatisfied customer of Maruti.

Nagaraj Kamath
    DEAR SIR,

I have purchased a Maruti Swift- Petrol car from Sai Services- Pune, bearing ch no. MA3EHKD1S00678060. Delivered on date: 30th June 2014

Till 28th August-14, the vehicle had run for a total of 350 Kms only, and had undergone one servicing.

On 28th Aug-14, I started from Baner-Pune to go to Kolhapur at 7 AM, with my father, Ashok Kulkarni, in the driver’s seat. He had owned Maruti cars from 1995 onwards and has driven around 2 lakhs kms in his life. We reached the Khambatki Ghat at about 8=30 AM. There was moderate traffic and jamming in the Ghat and we cleared the jamming in about 10 minutes and reached half of the Ghat section where there clear road.
    There, suddenly the vehicle started behaving strangely and stopped taking load and could not go ahead. After a minute smoke started coming from the bonnet.

We stopped the car immediately and took it to one side. We then spoke to the service station at Pune, who told us to wait for fifteen minutes and try starting again. We did so, but without any effect. The car would no go ahead, in any gear it was free. We again spoke to Pune- service station, who gave opinion that the clutch would have burnt. And in this condition, the car needed to be towed to nearest service station. He then gave the number of 24X7 service- 1800-102-1800, for assistance.

We rang the above number and gave all the details, about car, location etc. After 10 minutes we got a message that the complaint has been registered, complaint no. 817033 dt. 28-08-14, some technician/ help would call. But no such call or help contacted us for about an hour.

Since we had woman and child of four years with us and stranded in the Ghat with continuous one way traffic. We decided after one hour to ask for another help. We were then approached by the owner of Jeet Automobiles at Pargaon Khandala, which is at 5-7 kms from our location but on the Pune side.
    He said that the vehicle would need towing to his workshop at Pargaon, where the clutch assembly would need replacement. The car was then towed with his arrangements, first toward Satara to clear the one way Ghat section and them backwards through the tunnel to Pargaon. We reached the work shop at about 11 am.
    He informed that one car is already under repairs at his work shop, so our work would start at 2 pm.

Meanwhile, we again tried to contact on the toll free number. When we informed them that no one has approached us and asked for the status of our complaint, they could not give any feed back and tried to register a second complaint at that time. We then told them that, due their non response, we had to take the available course of action.

When the clutch was opened at the work shop, it was found totally burnt and steel plates had become plane. The fibre material has turned into ash-like threads. The mechanic opined that he has never seen such a clutch plate and there must be some fault in the system. He advised us to take the whole burnt parts and show to Maruti servicemen.
    The work shop charged us Rs. 1600/- for towing, Rs. 4000/- for the new clutch plate assembly, and Rs. 3700/- as labour & conveyance charges. In all Rs.9300/-

After all this harrowing experience we decided to stay at Pargaon for the night and started at 7 AM on 29th for Kolhapur, crossed the Khambataki Ghat and reached at 9=30 AM without any problem.

The breakdown narrated above has following worrying points for us;
    1. The new car with only a running of less than 400 kms had a major breakdown. The breakdown in Ghat section could have been dangerous also.
    2. With the experience of the driver (my father) and the mechanics, there had to be a fault in the new car to result in such a mishap.
    3. We did register for 24X7 assistance which is promised in such situations, but did not get any help. No one bothered to co-ordinate or track our situations, nor anyone called / approached us. Even after 5 hours of the incident, we could not get status of our registered complaint.
    4. We had to spend about Rs. 10,000/- and precious time with uncared for feeling due to non-responsiveness from Maruti service.
    5. We had to get the work done from a non-Maruti work shop.
    6. We are worried whether the car is road worthy / trust worthy or not.

Therefore , we would urge Maruti to take following steps to give us confidence and re-align us to your services immediately;

1. Please reimburse all the expenses we incurred in this incident.
    2. Please check the vehicle once again at Pune and declare it fit as per Maruti standard.
    3. Please enquire why such break down should have taken place and assure us.
    4. Please enquire why we could not get the 24X7 assistance, in spite of informing the concerned agencies promptly.
    5. Please check the repairs/ replacement done and certify it to be correct. Otherwise, please arrange to correct it.
    6. Please respond to this complaint quickly.

Milind Kulkarni