Reliance Broadband Complaint

vipinm1981vipinm1981 Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Online Shopping

My name is Vipin Malhotra and i had a reliance broadband connection with User ID 345553996531.

On 22nd or 24th of July, I received a call from Reliance that my credit limit has exceeded and amount due is Rs. 6308 and if I will not pay the amount immediately my services will be disconnected temporarily. I have this connection from the last year or so but my billing amount had never exceeded the limit. I told the customer care that my bill amounts to Rs. 844 or so every month and so I am not going to pay such a big amount. When I asked them to disconnect the connection, they told me that you will have to wait for the bill to be generated and then you will have to request for the adjustment and then will have to pay for the adjusted amount. Then only the connection will be disconnected.

The bill came on 15th August and my bill was given as Rs. 6308. As told by the call center, I requested for the adjustment. Then they called me a few days later that the bill has been adjusted and the adjusted amount is Rs. 375. I paid that amount at Ananta Enterprise, Sector 16, Rohini, New Delhi (Receipt No. S14397551). Then, as told by the call center, I requested for the discontinuation of my connection for the same (Request #: 108456755). Then I received a phone call asking why are you disconnecting the connection and I told them the same story again and that I am not happy with this and so I want to disconnect the connection. They told me that all the dues are clear and one executive from Reliance will come and take all the instruments within 15 days.

On 15th September, the executives from Reliance came to my house to get all the necessary equipments (Modem, dish, etc.). On that same day, i received one bill from Reliance, in which the total amount due is Rs. 247.

Since i had paid all the dues earlier and all the equipments were taken by reliance, i did not pay that amount. I got several calls from reliance asking whether the connection whether all the equipment has been taken or not. I gave all the necessary information.

On 15th October, i received another bill amounting Rs. 15,079. When i called the customer care they told me that you will have to pay the amount. When i told them that i do not have any connection from 24th of July, they told me that they will send a request to the billing department. One call from the billing department came and i told him the whole story regarding this. He told me if i can provide the receipt given by the executives when they took the equipments and he will look into the matter and definitely will have the issue resolved. i mailed the necessary documents to him, but nobody gave me any call after that.

Again on 15th November, i received another bill amounting Rs. 15,709. I got a call on 3rd December regarding this. He told me that he is the legal adviser from Reliance. i told him the same story and he told me that he will SMS me a ID and to mail him all the necessary documents and he will also try to get the necessary adjustments. He did not SMS me anything and on December 7, 2009 i have received a legal notice from Reliance.

I am really frustrated with this and do not know how to tackle this.

Please help me regarding this.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    hello sir i am reliance broadband customer my customer id is : 338639060512 i put a complaint on 8-12-09 and my complait no is : 114746903 still my net is not working daily i am calling customer care and they are not taking any action please do something for this

bala subramaniam
  • edited August 2010
    Dear friends please do not take any connection of reliance communication. At the initial they will be very sweet to you but once you have given them all the amount all documents they will not see you again and will blacklist your calls. So please be aware.

Balram Chaudhary
  • edited August 2010
    I have been using Reliance Broadband Datacard connection since March. And obviously this connection was verified at the time when i bought it. But after 6 month my connection suddenly stopped working and I got to know that someone named Sandeep (who is a Reliance worker) has changed my profile without my permission. Thus a new information needs a verification. So my connection got stopped.
    It a very serious issue that ones personal profile has got changed without his permission.

It got happened on 6th August and after commitment of 5 days for resolving this issue today is 17 (more than 11 days). My connection is not working.

For this issue I wanted to file a case in consumer forum please help me for this.

I had a job which was totally based on online. My loss is in now lacs.
  • edited August 2010
    I have subscribed Reliance netconnect through Vriti.com by paying Rs. 2999. They offered me one month free rental and 10% discount on monthly billing if bill crosses Rs.1000. A 2 days 3nights Holiday trip to Goa.For my surprise i got a bill in the first month. I refused to pay. They disconnected the net . Now they sent me a Notice from court asking me to appear before court. Do you think we indians should support reliance ?.
    Please think twice before buying reliance Data card. I have a Tata Indicom datacard since 2008 and never faced any problems. They Never do any false promise.I have recently bought a MTS card for just Rs.999/- there are no issues with their service or customer care.

Chinnappa
  • rajatguptalkorajatguptalko Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    I am having a reliance broadband connection for last 2 years.
    Battery in in DP box is not working for last 1 month. I have compliants several times but of no use.
    Every time electricity goes net also become disfunctional so as landline and my work is hampered.
    But those bloody reliance employees say we don't have battery or some batteries came and were used in other places. And they close the complaint, even without informing me , just to impress higher management
    last time also I had to suffer for 2 months get the battery changed.
    This time I am going to Appellate Authority and May be change my connection to some better company.
    Reliance broadband lucknow jankipuram employees really sucks... they deserve a kick in the ass.

edited July 2011

Hi Rajat,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your problem has been escalated and our concerned team is working on the resolution. We will get back to you shortly. In future, you may also write to us at Reliance Mobile | Facebook.

If reliance official do care about the complaint call me at 0522-3059569

We tried to contact you on the number mentioned by you but were not able to speak with you as the number was switched off.

• noortheanimatornoortheanimator Junior Member
    Hi There,
    I saw a lot of complaints over here in this platform but didn't notice any resolved. I don't know whether I will get any relief or not but at least I would like to strengthen the protest against the reliance data connection cheating. I am Noor Mohammed, one of the first customer of Reliance high speed data connection with the ID 9371617263. Even after two years it is strange that I got something around 1 mbps speed very rarely and they are providing damn 3.1 mbps. Normally I get 0.2 - 0.5 average speed. THAT'S IT! Is there anything which we can do on this?

Hi There,

We tried to contact you on the number mentioned by you but were not able to speak with you as there was no response from your end. In future, you may write to us at Reliance Mobile | Facebook for the assistance required.

• RamavtarRamavtar Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    I have a reliance broadband plus (3.1MBPS) datacard # 7428513035 in my name (RAM AVTAR SINGH). my monthly bill plan is Rs. 600 + service tax for 1GB day usage and 10GB night usage. the plan is such that for 1GB, i'll get high speed access, and if my usage is more than the 1GB limit in day or 10GB in night, then the speed will change from 3.1MBPS to 1x, but bill amount would be capped to a maximum of Rs. 600+s.tax. i had taken this connection in March-2011.

The network availability and speed has always been a problem right from the beginning. But because I do not use too much internet at home and I also have a vodafone GPRS, so I was not much concerned about this reliance datacard, my usage is also minimal.

So I never bothered, till one day when my brother used it, he said the performance is pathetic why am i paying 660 for, it's even worse than mobile GPRS (which is Rs 98 unlimited).

So i logged a complaint to Reliance customer care on 14-Aug-11, (service request # 1509223926).

On 18-Aug, i got reply from Reliance customer care, that there is a real problem of network in my area, and therefore Reliance offers me a retention plan of 2GB monthly usage at ZERO RENTAL for 3 MONTHS W.E.F. 18-Aug-11. and reliance will rectify the problem by 31-Aug-11.
    However I'll have to pay nothing for 3 months from 18-Aug-11 onwards for 2GB usage per month as per 3 MONTHS ZERO RENTAL PLAN. I have the sms and voice recording to support this.

Meanwhile, I have not been receiving the bills from July-2011 onwards. I paid the july bill without receiving the bill. I had escalated this matter also to customer care. but there was no action. For August also, i did not receive my bill. I wrote to customer care (service request # 160424240), then one day I got an sms that i have to pay Rs 975, otherwise my connection would be deactivated. Actually my connection was deactivated even before that.

I wrote to customer care that my bill has an error, it has to be 660 (600 + service tax) and whenever you send me the correct bill, I'll pay it immediately. Today a reliance customer care executive, named Somaya called me telling me that my bill amount is 1300 something, which i need to pay immediately. How come the bill was 975 instead of usual 660, and then how come it further increased to 1300, Reliance care executive had no explanation for this.

This is a case of absolute cheating. My complaint against Reliance is as follows:

1. Poor service quality service
    2. Inflated & incorrect billing
    3. Bills not being received
    4. Mental Harassment (constantly reliance collection dept is calling me to pay the dues). i told them clearly I'll pay the dues of Rs 660, which Reliance is not accepting. I don't want to pay more, because i have no intention to keep this connection beyond 3 months free period. And that's only because reliance had offered me this 3 months zero rental plan, otherwise I don't even want to keep it for a single day more. Because I don't think it's worth to pay anything for Reliance netconnect. Everything about reliance is unreliable.

I am ready to pay Rs 660 upto 17-Aug-11 as per my bill plan. And thereafter as committed by Reliance for 3 months, i am on zero rental plan (i have the SMS confirmation as well as voice recording of the reliance customer care executive).

I want to file an official complain in consumer court. Please advise.

Ram Avtar Signh
    Email - ramavtar.singh@gmail.com
    Phone - 9654996177
  • RAFIQHUSSAINKHANRAFIQHUSSAINKHAN Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello There ... I have taken the reliance Broadband connection for the personal use. I seriously dont require to call the contact center regarding the services. Phone used to be dead all the time and when I call to the contact center people,the reaction I usd to get from them is pathetic. I have asked them to disconnect the services and take the phone and all. But there was no reaction for one month and they are asking me 2 months rental. Please take some action on this as I cannot pay for some thing which I didnt used.
    Ramavtar wrote: »

1. Poor service quality service
    2. Inflated & incorrect billing
    3. Bills not being received

I want to file an official complain in consumer court. Please advise.

Ram Avtar Signh
    Email - ramavtar.singh@gmail.com
    Phone - 9654996177

Hi Ramavtar,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Your problem has been escalated and a quick resolution team is working on this. We shall come back to you shortly.

• surya.singhsurya.singh Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    I am surya,below is my story....

After a lot frustrations and no proper response from fazar(mobile no.-919379967272) (executive)and
    corresponding salesperson afzal(mobile no.-917411658980) and instalation guy aslam. I am writing this
    mail to 'The banglore head' as my first chance. I am one of the thousands
    of Reliance customers who are suffering from poor quality of service
    without no internet connection.

1) I applied for a Reliance Wired Broadband connection on 11th july 2011
    (Monday). The sales person fazar sent another salesperson named afzal for
    initial formalities and said they need 3days to finish initial formalities
    and also for connection.I am really very strange for this response.

2) Nobody called till 14th (Thursday) july so I called and checked with
    them ok)

3) At 11Am finally I got a call (after 5 days of my application thank god
    ..) he is unable to locate my home. I guided him on phone but he dont know
    the landmarks also. Ok no probes. I said you stay there I will come and
    pick you. Finaly verfication process done.
    4)Next step i again called to fazar so many times for connection,many
    times he reply only i'll check and callback you,after so many
    called,finaly he gave one instalation person name called aslam and number
    also.

5)When i called that guy,that guy told me there is no available port
    here,you simply go for any other serice provider like airtel.
    6)When i'm called to fazar,he reply me as soon as any free port we get in
    your area,we will give you.

Before going for fornalities why you people not check for available port
    and other feasibility.
    Is this a service to customer after you took the money.

Actually this above mail i sent to bangalore head Mr. Raghu (raghu.Thumalla@relianceada.com ) on july 22 2011.

After that i got a call from raghu(supposed to be bangalore head-mobile no.-919379955711),and he suggest me for waiting a undefinite period for connection(until unless any port is avalable in my locality) or do refund process.
    Finally i agree for refund and ask for how much time taken for whole refund proceee,he told me max. 15 days.

After one day's ,i want to know my status,then i again sent another below mail to raghu...

Hi raghu,
    As per our telecon yesterday regarding new internet connection issue.
    we both are agreed for going to cancelattion.
    You are supposed to be processed for cancellation,pleae send me the
    reference number of cancellation,that's why i'm able to query my status
    later in case of any delay of refund money.

But i am not getting any call/mail response from raghu.

If i try to call those respected person,either call is ringing/no response.

yesterday,i found in my personal mail.the bill is came that i am not used any service.

Please tell me the how i go to consumer court for this respected peoples.

surya
    919916704685
    edited September 2011
    I am surya,below is my story....

mail to 'The banglore head' as my first chance. I am one of the thousands
    of Reliance customers who are suffering from poor quality of service
    without no internet connection.

1) I applied for a Reliance Wired Broadband connection on 11th july 2011
    (Monday). The sales person fazar sent another salesperson named afzal for
    initial formalities and said they need 3days to finish initial formalities
    and also for connection.I am really very strange for this response.

2) Nobody called till 14th (Thursday) july so I called and checked with
    them ok)

3) At 11Am finally I got a call (after 5 days of my application thank god
    ..) he is unable to locate my home. I guided him on phone but he dont know
    the landmarks also. Ok no probes. I said you stay there I will come and
    pick you. Finaly verfication process done.
    4)Next step i again called to fazar so many times for connection,many
    times he reply only i'll check and callback you,after so many
    called,finaly he gave one instalation person name called aslam and number
    also.

5)When i called that guy,that guy told me there is no available port
    here,you simply go for any other serice provider like airtel.
    6)When i'm called to fazar,he reply me as soon as any free port we get in
    your area,we will give you.

Before going for fornalities why you people not check for available port
    and other feasibility.
    Is this a service to customer after you took the money.

Hi raghu,
    As per our telecon yesterday regarding new internet connection issue.
    we both are agreed for going to cancelattion.
    You are supposed to be processed for cancellation,pleae send me the
    reference number of cancellation,that's why i'm able to query my status
    later in case of any delay of refund money.

But i am not getting any call/mail response from raghu.

If i try to call those respected person,either call is ringing/no response.

Please tell me the how i go to consumer court for this respected peoples.

surya
    919916704685

• pvchandrasekharpvchandrasekhar Junior Member
    Hi Surya,

Me too facing the exact issue which you have stated above.
    Only difference here is they(customer care) at least know your application details,in my case they don't know about the application details but they en cash my cheque of amount 1399/-.God knows when they will refund my amount.

Sincere suggestion to everybody don't opt Reliance Broadband connection.Worst customer service.Better opt airtel or other service providers

With Regards,
    9620699599
    Hi Surya,

Me too facing the exact issue which you have stated above.

With Regards,
    9620699599
    Hi Chandrasekhar,

• pvchandrasekharpvchandrasekhar Junior Member
    Hi EveryBody,

• dipeshdeshmukhdipeshdeshmukh Junior Member
    edited September 2011

I had applied for a Reliance Wimax connection in Vadodara.
    (Name of the salesman : Mr. Amjad Khan. Ph : 9377224955)

After waiting for a week for the connection to be installed at my place (although the salesman had guaranteed it to be done in 2 days), I asked the salesman to cancel the request.
    He told me that the cheque (via which I had paid an amount of Rs. 5019) had already been cleared.

Following this, I contacted the Reliance Nodal Office. The person whom I spoke to, assured me that a draft of the amount that I had paid (plus 10% interest) would be delivered at my residence within a maximum of 60 days from the date of application (which roughly comes out to 5th of September 2011). Needless to say that the draft has still not reached me.

Meanwhile I have also received a bill for this Internet connection (which was never installed in the first place) on my email id.
    The customer account no. on the bill is : 100117187334.

Please find below the details of the Application.

Name : Mr. Sudhir B Deshmukh
    Address : B - 202, Roseland Residency, Behind Essar Petrol Pump, Sama Savli Road, Vadodara, Gujarat.

Now a cheque has been delivered at my home address but the Name on the cheque is incorrect.
    I called up the person whose name was on the courier envolope (Mr. Chintul Patel at the GIDC Makarpura office in Vadodara) and asked him what should be done.
    Failing to get a satisfactory reply from him, I asked him if going to court was the only way for me to get my money back and surprisingly he said that I should do so.

For no fault of mine(except contacting Reliance for a service which they are incapable of delivering) Rs.5000 of mine have been stuck in your system for more than 2 months.
    I have also contacted the Nodal office in Gujarat but have not received any response to my email.

Could you please tell me as to hoe am i supposed to go to court for this matter.

Thanks in advance,
    Ph: 9099609769
    edited September 2011

I had applied for a Reliance Wimax connection in Vadodara.
    (Name of the salesman : Mr. Amjad Khan. Ph : 9377224955)

The customer account no. on the bill is : 100117187334.

Please find below the details of the Application.

Name : Mr. Sudhir B Deshmukh

Thanks in advance,
    Ph: 9099609769

Hi EveryBody,

Hi Chandrasekhar,

We hope we were able to assist you with your complaint to your satisfaction.

In future, you may write to us at Reliance Mobile | Facebook.

• Supriya BhosleSupriya Bhosle Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi EveryBody, Please anybody knows how to approach TRAI on this.We have to put a strong case against Reliance Service providers as the number of complaints regarding Refund issues increases day by day.Regards,Chandrasekhar
    Next they will also tell you that their special team of pigs are working on it (to upgrade the signal they get from their master to reduce our bandwidth and eat shit. Yes their master tells them to eat dung and reduce our speed despite of us not having crossed the 5gb/10gb limit limit. Don't rely on the pigsty called reliance.
  • dipeshdeshmukhdipeshdeshmukh Junior Member
    Hi RCOM Care,

I have not received any response from you guys over this issue.

I am extremely sick of you guys for the shitty service that has been tormenting all your customers.

Could you please get back to me on this urgently, because i have already spent a lot of money on phone calls itself and i think claiming damages will be the only way for settling this.

Anyone who is reading this : could you please advice me the correct process of approaching the consumer court over this matter.

Hi RCOM Care,

I have not received any response from you guys over this issue.

Hi Dipesh,

Our relevant team is already working on this. We will revert soon.

09-26-2011, 12:44 PMdipeshdeshmukh

Hi Dipesh,

We tried to call you on your phone number but could not reach you as there was no response.

You may also write to us at Reliance Mobile | Facebook with details for the assistance required.

• Supriya BhosleSupriya Bhosle Senior Member
    RCOMcare wrote: »
    09-26-2011, 12:44 PMdipeshdeshmukh

Hi Dipesh,

will the Reliance Netconnect+ section pigsty please stop throttling my download speeds effective immediately ? and ALSO STOP DISCONNNECTING MY CONNECTION BETWEEN DOWNLOADS , YOU PIGS HAVE A HABIT OF LIVING OFF EACH OTHER'S SHIT + THE DUNG WHICH YOUR MASTER (YES YOU KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT ) FEEDS YOU THROUGH THE MONEY WHICH YOU RECEIVE FROM US CUSTOMERS . YOU SWELLY PIGS MUST UNDERSTAND WHO'S THE BOSS ; IT'S US CUSTOMERS ; WE PAY ; YOU DELIVER THE SPEED AND BANDWIDTH FOR WHICH WE PAY. OTHERWISE LEAVE THIS BUSINESS & GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY . SQUEAL PIGS SQUEAL !
  • edited October 2011
    I am Hesham Hassan Mohammed AL MOGAHED . User ID No:338154535996 i have requested and taken this connection some days back and the person who came to my place was named MOHAN MB: 9902146916. and i wanted 2 MB plan and this person told me that the amount for 2mb plan connection will be 2500. So I have paid him 2500-00 he give the receipt after taking all the documents on next day Receipt No:17800029414202 (i have attached this receipt ) but when I called the customer care they told me they received only 1500/-rupees and when they want to conform the address they told me your address is in correct.
    Sir i think this guy is fraud, because when we watch the receipt he has did some alteration i have attached all documents of my address also.
    Request you to resolve this problem and get my cash amount of 1000 back to me. Hoping you will grand my request

thanking you

yours sincerely
    Hesham
  • edited October 2011
    i dhiren fladu,imy reliance id 317395366315 i complain for so many time to repair modem is not working sinc long time and so my net also not work,but since so many complain but not seen the complain
    10-18-2011, 11:33 AMUnregistered Hesham Hassan Mohammed AL MOGAHED