Complaint against MakeMyTrip.com , Not given refund of cancelled frights

edited September 2014 in Tour and Travels

I had cancelled the ticket from leh to delhi on 4rth April,2013. My Make MyTrip Booking ID - NF2203731137938.
At the time of cancellation make my trip executive said to refund Rs 24,000 but i received a refund of only Rs 11,135 that too in 2 transactions.
1st refund was of Rs 9,160 and 2nd refund was Rs 1,975 only.

I had called them multiple times but they are giving different excuses every time:
1) The customer care always say they that they will call back in 24-48 hours, but i have never received any call from them.
2) every time i call them , they say that i should get refund of 24000 and they will process in next 5 working days. but it has not been processed since 3 months.

Please help me get my money back as soon as possible.

Piyush goyal

Comments

• TripHelpTripHelp Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Dear Piyush,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance.

With reference to your complaint, please note that refund of INR 11,135 has been processed correctly after deducting INR 8421(utilized fare from Delhi-Leh) per passenger + INR 854(Cancellation Penlaty for Leh-Delhi) per passenger = INR 9275 per passenger.

Total Refund= INR 57510 (Total Amount Charged) - INR 46375 (Total Cancellation for 5 Passenger i.e.; 9275*5) = INR 11135.

We hope your issue has been clarified to your satisfaction now.

We hope this matter will not prejudice your view of Make My Trip and we look forward to assisting you with your future travel plans.

• edited August 2013
    This is a classic example of pathetic customer service in my life so far.

I cancelled my international travel ticket on 9th Aug, refund was expected in 5 -8 working days. I got nothing so far.

First call - please wait for 2 weeks. Second/ third call - please wait for 48 hours, fourth call - please wait for 24 hrs.

This is now past 24 hours as well, I did not receive my refund. You have missed 3 dead-lines: 10 days from cancellation date and 48 hours after my complaint & 24 hours after complaint.I never thought makemytrip will do such a thing for refund. I am expecting refund and additional penalty for the delayed payment from your side for each day delayed.

Please escalate this issue to your managers, I asked the same to your customer service executives but they "never" transfer calls to supervisors - they simply say 'no one is available at this time'. I do not think this is acceptable in any business in USA.

Another MOST important point - I hope customer service folks taking the calls understand that refund amount for the cancelled international ticket is a big amount and many middle-class people cannot simply ignore this amount.

Please send my refund asap. Reference ID: [130823-030618]
    edited August 2013
    Dear Vishal,

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

edited August 2013
    Dear Vishal,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance.

With reference to your complaint, please note that refund of USD 1454 was initiated from our end on 17th Aug, 2013 and should reflect on your account as per the bank processing cycle.

• edited September 2013
    Make my trip booking ID-IN1305B5S64495. Ticket on egypt air to Toronto, canada. The ticket was cancelled on the 17th Aug 2013. Refund was expected in 3 working days as per make my trip executives. Today its the 4-Sep-2013 more than 20 days. Still the refund of 32,000 has not been remitted into my account nor am I getting a reply from the makemytrip customer care on when will I get the refund.
    They have the most pathetic staff who don't answer any of your questions on the phone.

Should I take legal proceedings ?

Siddharth Mehta.
    Dear Siddharth,

Dear Siddharth,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance.

With reference to your complaint, please note that refund of INR 30716 has been initiated today and should reflect on your account as per the bank processing cycle.

• edited September 2013

On 13th Sept I booked on Makemytrip.com for the following flight plus hotel package as shown on the screen.
    Booking ID : NP2801935426868

2 NIGHTS AT RESORT
    CHECK OUT ON 17TH SEPT

PORT BLAIR TO MAA : 17TH SEPT AFTERNOON DEP
    MAA TO COK : 17TH SEPT EVENING ARRIVAL IN COK

I got a screen with the message "sorry the reservation was not confirmed ..........in case a makemytrip representative does not contact you for reservation ....a full refund of 100% would be given"

Then no representative contacted me but I received a Eticket with a change in itinerary:
    COK TO TRICHINAPALLY : 15TH SEPT DEP
    THIRICHUNAPALLY TO MAA : 16TH SEPT DEP
    MAA TO PORT BLAIR : 16TH SEPT DEP

RETURN 17TH SEPT
    PORT BLAIR TO MAA : 17TH SEPT
    MAA TO COK : 17TH SEPT

When I contacted them on email and phone they refuse to provide me a refund saying this was the itenary i booked. The screen shot has been provided to them as well.
    The itenary they actually booked for puts me ina strange city on 15th night and reduces my package to one night in port blair. I am being forced to pay for this.
    They are putting me in a loop passing my enquiry to their internal teams but no response on my refund is provided or cancellation intimation.

How can I get my refund even if they are not their following their own policy as shown on the screen after the booking.
    edited September 2013

At the outset, regret the inconvenience caused to you. We have validated the issue with our technical team to understand and check the possibility of any site issue at the time of booking. As we have logs for every booking made on the website the same has been validated and found that the booking was made for the correct date/airline/sector/time. This is not a site issue.

Further please note that for any cancellation/amendment, penalty would be applied as per the fare rules.

Appreciate your co-operation and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

• edited October 2013
    So I booked a ticket from US to India from MMT. They charged me $ 3370. The same day, Air India website gave me a quote of $3138. I asked them to refund the extra money as per their guarantee. After I submitted the required documentation, I received an email from one Nitish Saini (am not sure if he actually exists!) that it will take 4 business days to refund that money. Since that time (10th business days today), I have called them 2 times and mailed them 2 times- every time they tell me that it will take anywhere from 4(More) to 10(more) business days for the refund! So far, no luck! I think I will make an online appeal and blog to avoid MMT at all costs! They dont save you any money- and they are very tardy when comes to legit refunds- very unethical business model!
  • edited October 2013

I have rescheduled my Indigo Flight from Hyderabad to New Delhi on sep 3, 2013 vide booking no.
    NF2203128315477.
    There was a difference of fare which I must have received, amount Rs. 2159/-. Its been about 50 days but the amount does not show in my account. On contacting Make My Trip,they say that the refund has been made but my account statement does not show it.
    Kindly look into the matter at the earliest.
  • edited October 2013
    Booking ID; NF2201434937034. Booked 3 ticket from Delhi to Ranchi for 28th August. 2 tickets were confirmed and 1 ticket was not booked. No ticket?PNR given till departure time. I applied for complete refund but the complete refund has still not given even after 2 months. 2 refunds (1 for unbooked ticket and other for booked tickets (nearly 1200/-) has been given. Customer always say that you will get full refund amount (16034/-) out which only approx. 5750/- given till date.
    Every two days a mail saying that we are looking into tghe matter and shall revert within 3 days is being sent to my mail iid.

Please help. Customers BEWARE of MAKEMYTRIP
    Hi Sir,

I have booked 2 return tickets for my parents from Bhopal to Singapore for travel date 25Sep to 10 Oct .While booking the tickets Agent confirmed the tickets and we didn't follow up with them( Have all there tickets) . However on the travel date the airline said there is no such booking exists . After many calls we manage to reach Make my trip agent and they asked for change in return date that too without any compensation . With only an hour left for the departure me and my parents agreed and board the flight to Singapore .
    This incident happen second time when after receiving there confirmation ticket there is actually no booking exist in the Airline .
    Two important questions :
    1) Airline first compensate in this case .
    2) A thorough follow up must be done as I face the incident second time .I have received a letter from there Manger as well for my earlier case . They are simply put the people on panic on the travel date and making the money[unfair means] by changing there original schedule dates .

To all of them ,Its better to book ticket with airline itself which is also cheaper and atleast confirm .
    Looking for a reply on above two points .
  • edited December 2013
    I booked my volvo bus ticket from makemytrip.com for 3rd november 2013 from jaipur to lucknow booking id :NU27014935162717 and cancelled the same on 2nd november 2013 before 24 hours...1 month has passed and they have still not refunded my money..every time I call them their customer care executives say that they'll call back within 2 hours and they do not call back at all...this company is a big time fraud...and I am planing to lodge a complaint against them!
    i booked a bus ticket for Nagpur to hyderabad for dated 9th Dec13
    booking ID was NU27010935632065
    on 9th get a call from 04064512020 that bus is cancelled
    no information from MMT why?
    received massage from MMT how was your trip ?
    please conform how i will get refund for my tis trip
    Thx
    vijay dixit
  • edited January 2014
    Waiting for my refund (ref NF2201133863308 & NF2202233863212) of Rs 14000 on cancelled Delhi-Mumbai flights since Aug 2013. After exchanging a million emails and sending them my annual credit card statement, am still to get any satisfactory response from these cheats. They keep lying and saying they will sort this out within 3 working days, and after that time whenever I call/email again these jerks pull the same thing again. They have put this in an endless loop.

They also tried to fool us by saying they had made the payment to HDFC (our bank) and to check with them. We wasted so much time chasing the bank as well, and whenever we ask MMT for proof that they paid the bank, these liars put us in a waiting loop of so-called 3 days yet again. Then again the standard nonsense reply, that the payment has been made. If payment has been made then why can't Makemytrip provide any proof?

I cannot believe how such a big company can cheat its customers so blatantly. I am sick of MMT and I will make sure I spread the word about what cheats these guys are wherever possible.
  • edited January 2014
    Dear Sir/Mam,

This is for your information that me(hanish pahuja-id is hanish_pahuja@yahoo.com) and my wife visited to goa last year dec '13.In between our happy vacation one of your holiday resort i.e; PALMARINHA HOLIDAy resort and suites approached us with free Prizes after attending a simple seminar.But On the location there have been no seminar and they started the membership plans of Resort and wasted our precious time.2c
    They informed us about different plans T2c,T0 etc.

The information provided to us was totally wrong and fraud.they informed us about T0 plan.The verbal plan was
    a)Alternate plan max 2 occupancy but maintenance fees once in twice a year.
    b)every year 2 weeks membership free holdays
    c)no tax anyhow in plan
    d)10% deduction if cancelled

After taking policy believing their words,they gave us a welcome call and after comparing their commitment with welcome call they refused about such plan and said
    1)only 1 week holiday twice a year
    2)hidden tax also included

The details of payment are:

Downpayment-10000 Rs

EMI - 2500 for 36 months

maintenance fee-7500 twice a year

As they had provided wrong information we want to cancel policy but they are not refunding any amount.No information is provided for refund.
    Points in policy are also mismatching of maintenace fee.
    we had wasted much time and money in these and had spoiled our vacation in tension.
    i am sending attached documents
    Please try to manage for refund.
  • edited February 2014
    i booked y return ticket from DXB-GOI. unfotunatetely i cancelled my returned ticket from GOI-DXB due to sudden death of my fatherbeing hindu religeon, i cannot go out before 12 day after fathers death.

after complaining so many times., i did not get proper response from them, and airline ready to refund my money but they dont want to send refund request from them.
    i advice all the people specially from UAE, please dont book any ticket from make my trip, as they dot have any office in UAE to solve any issues.
  • edited February 2014
    We had made Kashmir tour through Make My Trip from 1st February to 6th February.

We paid 48000 for 2 couples to make my trip to arrange accommodation and transportation.

They gave us 3 days stay in Srinagar where 1 night in House Boat and rest 2 nights in Hotel in Srinagar but they gave us same House Boat in Dal Lake where no one can stay for more then 1 hour.

We did call to Make My Trip and had a deep conversation with Ms. Priyanka and Mr. Prithviraj Barot from Ahmedabad office. They gave us promise to reschedule the accommodation. Even they sent us email with confirmation of rescheduling of accommodation in Srinagar but after having deep discussion they denied to give us another accommodation instead of House Boat. We were standing out of Dal Lake for atleast 4 hours to get another accommodation in -2 degree temperature and rain but they didn't understand anything and after that they didn't pick up our calls too. Atlast we went to another hotel on our own expense for 2 nights and paid 15000/- for accommodation in Srinagar.

Please have a look and get back to us.

Guys please beware from Make My Trip. It isn't reliable company anymore.

Chirag Gor
  • edited March 2014
    transcation was made to vrl from hdfc credit card which amount got debited from card

The MakeMyTrip Booking ID for your transaction is NU27012955349286.

called customer care many times but agents said that it will get credited with 24-48 hours

so kindly do the needful for the refund of the money as soon as possible

pooja

edited March 2014

• edited April 2014
    I had cancelled my domestic flight ticket booking ID NF7901433527746, cancellation was processed on 5th October. I had already complained regarding this to customer care. I was asked to give my bank statement I have done so. now they are asking for a authorisation letter. I contacted the bank they said the bank statement itself states that the refund money is not received. I am sick of calling every time. I never expected this from makemytrip. look, if you are not giving back my money and say it, at least I won't disturb you all and I'll think I have donated that amount to you.

Shikha Jaiswal
    Refund reference number- 201316989988
    edited April 2014
    Dear Pooja

We are sorry to read about the issue.

In reference to your complaint , we have valiadted your case and found that you have tried booking a bus ticket on 22-Feb-14 and reservation failed but INR 1300.00 was debited from your account and then you had a word with our executive, who booked that bus ticket for you agaisnt the same amount which was charged earlier. We did not charge you again for the booking. We have received INR 1300.00 payment which is confirmed against booking ID NU25030955350152 . This booking ID was created offline after your first attempt of booking failed ( NU27012955349286 ).

As per our records, there is no additional payment charged from or end and there are no refunds pending against any booking.

edited April 2014

• edited June 2014

I have booked tickets from makemytrip for my journey from Pune to Delhi on 27th May and Delhi to Pune on 1st June. The booking ID is NF2204232641385. I cancelled my ticket on 27th May and got confirmation from makemytrip that my cancellation has been done and a total of Rs 8,693 was supposed to be refunded. Out of this Rs 1168 was refunded against my e-wallet account but the rest of amount Rs. 7525 was supposed to come in my bank account has still not been refunded. When I checked with makemytrip I was informed that the money has already been transferred on 28th May.I registered a complaint in makemytrip (Reference ID 140606-006590) and I asked for the transaction details which they promised to provide by 20th June 2014 by 5 P.M. but I still haven't got it. I got a call from makemytrip where the person informed me that my case has been escalated but that is what I am hearing from makemytrip for past 3 weeks either in mails or on call. The thing is if the money was transferred why they can't provide transaction details. It seems a case where money was not transferred and makemytrip keeps on fooling the customers. can anyone suggest how can I take action against these people and get my money back?

Sandeep Kanwar
    edited July 2014

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case and have initiated refund for the balance amount of INR 7525.00 with RRN#417722347381 on 26-Jun-14 from our end and same will be credited to your account as per his bank processing cycle. We thank you for contacting us.

Dear Sandeep Kanwar

• edited July 2014

As the bus got cancelled, I asked for refund of money back.

BUS ID: NU27011956086812

But they did not give me.

I mailed so many times but no reply.

Ganga
  • edited July 2014
    I made two bus booking from bangalore to hyderabad on 5th july witj booking id NU77014957034858 somehow booking got cancelled as soon as I booked tickets wr not confirmed while amout of rd 2400 was deducted ftom my account its been more than 72 hours I venot receibed my refund and whenever I call them they its been refunded. Or the booking od cancelled.

Its always the same case with these idiots.
    Please escalate the issue to your managers and return back my money.
  • edited July 2014
    Never expected this type of pathetic service from makemytrip. I would like to tell you that I have booked an international package named 'splendors of south east asia' and due to some inconvenience I have to cancel my tour. I paid Rs-1,30,000 for this package. The reason is very genuine, hence my refund is possible as consulted with Mr. Vijay Sharma(makemytrip customer care executive). He told me to wait for some time till the tour gets over, after that I am trying to contact him but he is not replying. I also tried your toll free no. but the call is always transferred to the international package department and gets disconnect leaving no response. I had also mailed this problem on internationalbooking@makemytrip and had no response from there as they just request me to wait for 24hrs and its around 200 hrs and there is no action. i am completely fed up of ur services. So I want you to refund my money as soon as possible.

Contact details-