Reliance Communication- Fake Rs.16 WhatsApp Plan

AmiMehtaAmiMehta Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Mobile
As Reliance launched its new data service of Unlimited Whatsapp only for 16 Rs. per month. If you go on their website you will see that scheme ads on front page Reliance Prepaid Mobile Recharge Vouchers & Reliance Mobile Recharge Information[/url] after seeing that ads I had activated that service on my cell phone. once service get activated they deducted 16 rs. from my balance. and when i used that facebook and whatsapp. my balance also get deducted because i used the internet. I did complain in customer care more than 5 times. even they are saying, sir, their is a problem in our plan. when it will get activate even they don't know. and even they are not giving my 16 rs. refund to me… so pls do something on this. and take action against the Reliance.

Thank,
Ami Gaikwad

Comments

• RCOMcareRCOMcare Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    AmiMehta wrote: »

Thank,
    Ami Gaikwad

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Subject: wrong balance deduction on free watsapp plan of Rs.16/30 days

Today on 03rd June,2013 i activated Watsapp plan for Rs.16 for 30 days and using it on watsapp application only downloaded from watsapp website. Still full day, 10paise is getting deducted from main balance. I called customer care more than 10 times and they all say 1 line repeated line:
    watsapp is free, abb balance nahi katega, aap use kijiye.. & some stupid customer care representative have even told me that watsapp is free but you have to take any GPRS plan for 30 days,, now what a foolish thing he told me.

I have talked many times with RELIANCE CUSTOMER CARE for solving my problem but none is interested in solving. instead all say, "there is no wrong balance deduction."
    i am the pioneer reliance customer when it launched its 2 mobile: LG & SAMSUNG and i have more than 8 CDMA/GSM numbers & 2 reliance landline. Means a loyal customer and still being frustrated from reliance wrong deduction. I am not asking for any refund, but at-least solve the problem of wrong deduction as i was about to activate this plan for whole family in reliance numbers.
  • edited June 2013
    I've activated whatsapp plan on my phone on 16th may 2013 hoping that it would let me use free whatsapp for a month. But then balance started getting deducted at the rate of 10 paise/10 kb. I called customer care people to know whats wrong. The response i got for the first time was to change my gprs settings from rcomwap to rcomnet and download it again. I did that THRICE. But there was no change. I called the customer care people again to aask about the issue when they replied that the 16rs which i activated is for BROWSING whatsapp..What the hell would i browse in whatsapp??

Frustrated, I've registered a complaint almost a week ago and customer care people kept telling me not to worry about it as it will get resolved in next 24 hrs (for 5 times)..When is that next 24hrs gonna end??

I request Reliance people to be sincere to atleast what they are advertising about and resolve my complain ASAP.

#An Irritated Customer
  • edited June 2013
    I activated whatsapp on 5th june and I was using it until on 6th june after almost 24hrs my balance got deducted and that too 30 Rs. straight. I mean what is this.
    I call up customer care : three people on one go. First one Cuts my call in between. Second one says Ma'am our server is down could you call up again. The Third person is saying that your charge got deducted due to Internet Usage. What ! Before activating whatsapp plan I inquired with your representative about the pack and he said there is no need to activate Internet pack. Now when I call on customer care they are saying your charge got deducted because of Internet usage. Mind you. I am using ONLY whatsapp for which I have been charged the prescribed 16 Rs. and now you say My balance getting deducted due to internet usage.
    I want my balance back.
    This is "cheating" what reliance company is doing. Transparency has been eaten up.
  • edited June 2013
    The same complain is with me... i installed rs. 16 plan of whatsapp on 6th june, but still wen used amount is deducted from the main balance. contacted customer care several tyms but not getting any satisfactory answer.........
    i guess this is really a fake plan...

• edited June 2013
    I had activated reliance gsm unlimited whatsapp plan of Rs.16 by sending them a msg
    and after activating still when using whatsapp my balance is deducted
    then i called cust care bt he talked to me badly and disconnected my call tht i dont know why i called for and also blocked my call to cc..nw i also unable to call them and my balance is still deducting..
    So please help in this and kindly solve my problem..they already deducted the balance for plan and still deducting balance for using services..
    Please kindly take an action concerning this.
    My phone number is: 9555760759.
    I want my balance back.

• edited June 2013
    Even I am facing the same problem as faced by the others regarding this stupid plan. I have totally got irritated and frustrated with the poor service of your customer care and web world centres. They are again and again forcing me to use the mobile data as a result of which my main balance is also getting deducted. I have already lost Rs 40 in total with these stupid claims multiple times. I request you thus to kindly refund the money back as this plan simply does not work.

#An Irritated Customer

• MounicaMounica Junior Member
    RCOMcare wrote: »

Mobile Number: 9704850169

I decided to leave reliance because of the inconvenience caused and i wanted to apply for portability. As minimum balance is required to send a message requesting portability, I recharged with 10 rupees and got 7 rs. I applied for portability and 50 ps from my balance got deducted for message. By next morning my balance which was definitely more than 6 rs became 0.01 !!! Why do you like deducting balance so much???

Phone Number (Reliance): 8820749878

I have been facing a similar problem. I acivated the plan on June, 2013 but whenever I try to use the whatsapp plan, Reliance charges me from my main balance.

and after activating still when using whatsapp my balance is deducted
    Please kindly take an action concerning this.
    My phone number is: 9555760759.

deducted my whole balance {i have activated rs 16 plan}
    Phone Number (Reliance): 9022584925

I have been facing a similar problem. I activated the plan on 16th June, 2013 but whenever I try to use the whatsapp plan, Reliance charges me from my main balance. Why you guys are deducting balance if it is free for rs 16

Subject: wrong balance deduction on free watsapp plan of Rs.16/30 days

We tried calling you on the given number but we were unable to reach you, as per the confirmation received from the respective team, we wish to inform you that you have been charged correctly for Gprs Usage instead of whatsapp which is correct (i.e. 10p/10kb)& There is no other wrong deduction found.

Cheers,

I request you to solve my issue ASAP!!!

We tried calling you on the given number but we were unable to reach you, as per the confirmation received from the respective team, we wish to inform you that you have been charged correctly for Gprs Usage instead of whatsapp which is correct (i.e. 10p/10kb) & there is no other wrong deduction found.

Name: Satyam sachan
    GSM reliance no: 9555281920

Subject: wrong balance deduction on free watsapp plan of Rs.16/30 days

Today on 23rd June,2013 i activated Watsapp plan for Rs.16 for 30 days and using it on watsapp application only downloaded from watsapp website. Still full day, 10paise is getting deducted from main balance. I called customer care more than 10 times and they all say 1 line repeated line:
    Subject: wrong balance deduction on free whatsapp plan of Rs.16/30 days

I also activated this plan on 10th June,2013 for Rs.16 for 30 days and balance got deducted for Rs.16. Still whenever i chat, 10 paise is getting deducted from my main balance. I tried getting a clarification from customer care many times but all are like robots who say the same lines doing copy paste. Their call centre support is the worst of as you expect from all telecom operators. They will not hear your exact query and will start copy pasting the same lines. Right now i replied the President of customer care who had replied to me that there is no wrong deduction and my money will not be refunded. I HAVE ASKED FOR A CLARIFICATION ON THESE HIDDEN CHARGES WHY IT WAS NOT MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE THAT THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL CHARGES OF 10p/10kb.

I just chat on whatsapp which should not incur charges as per the Whatsapp plan which is advertised on their website. Its only written that you can chat on Whatsapp for Rs.16 a month. If 10p/10kb is charged even after Rs 16 is deducted then why will a customer subscribe to this plan. Common sense guys. A customer can just activate internet where he will be charged 10p/10kb anyways. Reliance, Your advertisement on rcom website is totally misleading customers. If these hidden charges were advertised on the website then customers will be informed beforehand and nobody will activate this plan. Its a case of fooling customers.

Request if you can clarify on the same why i was not informed of these hidden charges of 10p/10kb. Feel free to call me incase need more clarifications. My number is 9699514981. I am waiting for a resolution since a month.
  • edited June 2013
    I m recharge with 16 rs for whats up but balance deduct from my account so pls check and reply me
    contact no - 8000005850

Please take note and resolve ASAP.

We tried calling you on the given number but we were unable to reach you, as per the confirmation received from the respective team, we wish to inform you that waiver of Rs.16/- has been posted into your account on 26th June, 2013 and pack has been deactivated and no deduction found for whatsapp in your account.

name = Deepak kumar
    mob no = 7827370472(reliance)
    on 27 jun i activated whatsapp plan on my no after that confamation msg comes my my blance got deducted when i use whatsapp and facebook and due to tha my blance become zero by the outstanding service of reliance i called the customer care twice bt they cnt solve my problem they have a same ans for every problm sir our sytem is not workin right now pls contact us after some time i m fedup with there ans so plss take a quick action for them why company is making fool to their users by this bullshit fake plans and refund my money ( 16 for whatsapp recharge and 5 rs for blance deduction ) thank uuu very much reliance are daaku of modern days.....