Complaint Against Yatra.com

edited September 2014 in Tour and Travels
I booked a trip with Yatra.com and I got a confirmation email from Yatra.com that the package was booked for us and I was charged 70099/- on my credit card. 3 days after booking and receiving a confirmation from the agent from yatra.com I receive a call from them that the booking has now been changed from 16th Feb to 23rd Feb. I have a planned vacation with my wife, going on our honeymoon and they bluntly refuse me the trip and say that we will have to cancel and you will get a refund.
This is absolutely ridiculous, I was booking with Cox and Kings and Yatra called saying they have a better deal. I am absolutely unhappy with the service they have rendered, I am sorry for no service that they have rendered and robbed me of my money. I want my money back with immediate effect and I want to be compensated for the grievance I have undergone, i am left with no options thanks to Yatra.com
Name - Adrian Clayburn
Ph no: 9711309471
adrianclayburn@gmail.com
39/2A, Sector 2 DIZ Area, Gole Market
New Delhi - 110001.

Comments

• Yatra CareYatra Care Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Greetings of the day from yatra.com

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our concerned team is looking into your above query and would contact you in this regard at the earliest. Request your patience in the interim.

• edited April 2013

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Delay in response is deeply regretted as this case was under investigation and one of customer care executive was communicating with you over email. We have sent an email on your registered email address with us with a resoution on your query.
    Please be informed that full refund of INR 70099 under reference no# YT 10736500 is already processed on 08th Feb. We are also pleased to offer you a discount voucher of Rs 2000 for your future booking with us.
    Once again, please do accept our apologies of the inconvenience faced by you. We do endeavor to provide the best standards of service to our customers and any exceptions are dealt with seriously. We assure you of our best services at all times, and hope to continue to service your travel requirements.

Name - Adrian Clayburn
    Yatra booking no: 11123838
    Name: Dibyo Jyoti Sen
    Email: dsen19@gmail.com
    Mobile: 9864988159

On 7th May 2013, I booked Hotel+Flight Package for a round trip (Guwahati-Chennai) for Rs 29233.03 on Yatra.com with Reference No. 07051314466 and Yatra booking no: 11123838.
    My Package included the following:
    i) Domestic Flight(Indigo 6E-291) from Guwahati to Chennai on 7th June 2013 at 18:00 hrs. for 2 passengers.
    ii) Domestic Flight(SpiceJet SG-3301) from Chennai to Bangalore on 10th June 2013 at 06:15 hrs. for 2 passengers.
    iii) Domestic Flight(SpiceJet SG-528) from Bangalore to Guwahati on 10th June 2013 at 09:55 hrs. for 2 passengers.
    iv) 1 Room for 2 Guests in Hotel City Tower Chennai for 3 Nights.

Now the issue is due to change of my schedule and location, I have to cancel the whole booking including Hotel & Flights. So I emailed at cancellations@yatra.com on 31st May 2013 early morning to cancel the whole booking and initiate the refund process as early as possible. But to my surprise there was no reply till evening. So I called the customer care for the same in the evening, but the reply was disgusting. According to them my booking is now non-refundable and non-amendable, so no refund.

But according to the e-tickets and hotel vouchers provided by yatra.com on 7th May to my email, it clearly mentions the cancellation and amendment policies which are as follows:
    i) Hotel Booking Amendments/Cancellations Policy:
    Amendments/Cancellations can only be made by Yatra.com. The hotel cannot
    modify your booking or process refunds for bookings made at these special Yatra
    rates.
    *All amendments will be done as per the hotel's policy,
    *In case of cancellations made less than 48 hours before scheduled check-in or no
    show, the full cost of stay will be charged,
    *For cancellations made between 72 to 48 hours before scheduled check-in, one night’s retention would be charged,
    *The cancellation charges may vary during peak season and blackout dates,
    *Yatra.com charges a standard cancellation fee of Rs 200 per booking over and
    above the hotel's own cancellation charges,
    *If the booking is cancelled, the refund amount due will be processed to your bank
    within 72 hours. Sometimes the concerned bank may take longer before the
    credit is reflected in your account.
    ii) Flight Booking Amendments/Cancellations Policy:
    a) Indigo:
    Terms and Conditions:
    Changes/cancellations permitted more than two (2) hours prior to scheduled departure (four (4) hours for international sectors) with payment of change/cancellation fee and difference in fare if applicable.

b) SpiceJet:
    Changes and Cancellation:
    Cancellations to bookings may be made up to two (2) hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a fee of 1000 INR or equivalent local currency of the departure country per person, per one way. For International travel cancellations to bookings may be made up to four (4) hours prior to the scheduled departure time for a fee of 1850 INR or equivalent local currency of the departure country per person, per one way. All fees are subject to change without notice. The balance of the original booking amount will be retained in a credit shell where the passenger may use it as payment towards future travel by calling our Guest Sales & Reservations Center. Atleast one of the guests booked in the original PNR (Credit Shell PNR) should be travelling in the new PNR for future travel. The Credit Shell is refundable on request.

When I asked them about the above mentioned Amendments/Cancellations Policies for Hotel and Flight Booking they emailed me a NEW Hotel+Flight Booking Amendments/Cancellations Policy, was not shown to me before and after the booking. Just when I asked for cancellation they changed and provided this Policy which is as follows:
    Cancellation prior to departure/check-in date Cancellation Charges
    At least 21 days prior-25% of booking value
    Between 8-20 days prior-50% of booking value
    Cancelled 7 or lesser days prior-100% of booking value

Still if I accept the new policy, Cancellation made before 7 days(Between 8-20 days prior) from departure or check-in, I will be getting 50% Refund as my departure/check-in is on 7th June 2013 and I requested for cancellation on 31st May 2013. When I asked the customer care they replied that travel date is excluded, which is again a new policy as it is not mentioned anywhere earlier or in the new policy provided to me on 31st May 2013. Secondly, no information is given before booking, whether it is the customer care or in the website yatra.com.

As per Yatra.com Terms & Conditions
    Amendment and Cancellation policy:
    You can cancel domestic flight bookings online. Log in to My Bookings, select the relevant booking and click the Cancel button. For online cancellation, Yatra will charge Rs. 300 per person per sector as standard cancellation charges.
    To amend/cancel your ticket offline, contact Yatra Customer Care at 9555800800. For international flight bookings, call 9555800800. For all offline cancellation of domestic flights a standard charge of Rs. 500 per person per sector , over and above the airline’s own cancellation charge will apply. While for international flight bookings a standard fee of Rs 750 per person would be charged, over and above the airline’s own cancellation charge.
    For rescheduling of domestic flights, Yatra will charge Rs. 300 per person per sector as standard rescheduling charges.
    For No-Show of domestic flights, Yatra will charge Rs. 100 per person per sector as standard No-Show charges
    Please refer to airline specific amendment and cancellation policy while using Yatra Services. You may be required to directly contact the nearest airline office (of the concerned airline) to get your reservation cancelled.

This is totally misleading and misguiding the customers with different policies. With this kind of service I must say yatra.com is a big Fraud, cheating people. I have asked all my colleagues, friends and relatives not to do any kind of booking on Yatra.com unless and until successful refund is made to me.

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Our concerned team is looking into your query & would need some time to address it. Request your patience in the interim.

• dsen19dsen19 Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    I have requested for Cancellation and Refund on 31st May 2013 at 7:07 AM, but till date(4th June 2013) your status is you are looking into my query & would need some more time to address it, this clearly indicate your intention of delaying tactics.
    I request all customers/travelers to be aware of this type of companies who resort to cheating customers by giving different terms & conditions and delaying cancellation & refund.
    NB- Above comment of Yatra.com is for Dibyo Jyoti Sen, though no official mail is received in my email i.e., dsen19@gmail.com
  • dsen19dsen19 Junior Member
  • edited June 2013
    I purchsed a spicejet airline ticket from yatra.com on 4-06-2013 FOR SRINAGAR TO DELHI .initially i got a confermation mail which mentioned that my ticket is unconfirmed and then after calling the helpline no thrice they entertained my complaint and forwarded me the E-ticket including airline pnr.soonafter i checked my bank details and it showed that amount of 7357 has been deducted twice and when i forwarded the same to support@yatra.com
    replied we recieved the payment once only .this is the first time i booked my ticket with yatra.com and the service is pathetic and they dupe people.i had issued a cheque to my supplier and i was harrased when he said the cheque was bounced .
    now i want my money refunded as soon as possible

ubaid punjoo
    Dear Mr Sen,

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Delay in response is deeply regretted as this case was under investigation and one of customer care executive was communicating with you over email and phone. As per your consent received, we have processed the refund for the same under booking reference no# YT 11123838.

Since the transaction was done through Debit Card, it generally takes 7 to 10 working days for the amount to reflect in your account. Hence, you are requested to wait till that time and cross check the status of refund from the concerned bank after the completion of this period.

Should you require any further assistance, please call us on 955 5800 800 or alternatively write to support@yatra.com

Dear Ms Punjoo,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. We would request you to share your booking reference no and the email address used at the time of booking so that we can investigate further and assist you in this regard.

Dear Ubaid,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. We have again checked with our concerned department and as per the records we have received the payment only once. We would request you to check with your bank for the same as the bank statement which you have shared shows the 2 transactions with same reference numbers.

• edited June 2013
    Yatra Reference ID - 11188948 ( 6N in Kashmir )
    Yatra.com took 79000 from me promising me following hotels
    Srinagar: Royal Khazir Boutique - 2N
    Pahalgam: Forest Hill View Resort - 2N
    Gulmarg:Khaleel Palace - 1 N
    Srinagar: DLX Houseboat Alexendra group

And with the excuse of non availability they gave alternate options 3-4 times.
    Finally the hotels given to me were way below the standard
    Srinagar: Pine spring, Wazirbagh - Not beside dal lake, it is in the middle of residencial area.
    Pahalgam: Hotel Woodstock - Very poor hygiene, old furniture, stinky towels, bad food, bad service.
    Gulmarg: Jehgeer continental - Average hotel
    Srinagar: A normal houseboat located at the dirty part of dal lake.

Yatra.com should come up with an explanation ( for poor reliability ) and should pay the difference of amount back.

Govinda Gupta
    971 777 6835
    Dear Govinda,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Our Customer Care Team would have contacted you regarding your above query and informed you that we have already provided you the upgraded hotels in terms of tariff under reference no# YT 11188948. An email has also been sent to the registered email id in this regard. We would request you to respond on the same for any further assistance.

• edited June 2013

I have been contacting Makemytrip.com] since 05.06.2013 regarding I had booked one ticket through online for Kolkata -Guwhati-Kokata on 05.06.2013 for traveling from kolkata on 20.06.13 and return on 22.06.13,but fare amount debited twice from my ICICI Bank account .
    I had already attached ICICI Bank statement for confirmation of double deduction of money from
    my ICICI Bank account. Make my trip had asked for 72 hours to resolve the issue on 05.06.13 but today is 17.06.13 but still now money not
    credited in my account. The detail of reference no below for doing the needful
    Incident ID: [130605-032052] and Booking reference no.NF2201732788314

Kindly look into the matter
    Rakesh Kumar Singh
  • edited June 2013
    I had booked a hotel in Coorg for 3 nights and 4 days (07-June to 10-June) in Solitaire Exotica (Cynasure). It was stated as 3 star property and only after looking at photos I had paid 15,000.

Me along with my husband and 2 young children drove from Chennai and reached there around 6 PM on 7-June. We were shocked to see the hotel, the restaurant was closed as they claimed that it was under renovation. When I entered the front office, it looked like a lodge. When I asked the front office about the ratings of the hotel, he said that it was a budget hotel!

There were already 2 families complaining that there was no running water in the rooms. The hotel actually had the motor removed and was being repaired! When I said let me look at your room before checking in, they took me to this room which was stinking! It was no place to stay with Children.

I told them that this is unacceptable and the photos they had in yatra.com were deceiving, the manager told us that he had no problems cancelling the booking and would refund the money to Yatra and that I need to call them.

We sat in the car and I spoke to Yatra travel consultant and informed them that this is unacceptable and that they should cancel the booking and either refund me the money or book me into another hotel. To this they said that there were no other rooms available in Coorg. I informed them that I would go and search the hotels myself and told them to refund my money. They said that the manager was unreachable and called my mobile and asked me to give the phone to him. My husband took my mobile to the front office manager and they spoke to him. After which, the consultant told me that they have escalated the issue and would get back to me the next day.

As it was "Yatra.com" I trusted them and checked into another hotel. Since then, I have been following up with Yatra.com, but to no avail. Finally today (21-June) they sent out the following email:
    This is regarding the complaint for the refund cancellation of your hotel booking for Cynosure Resort COORG( HP). We have cross check it from the reservation in the hotel they have denied for any refund for your booking .The hotel has informed that you did not go for the check in and did not speak to them or complaint them if there was any issue .

"
    We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in this booking .As per the policy same day cancellation is non refundable . If the hotel would have agreed for the refund than we could have processed the refund in this booking .So we regret to inform you that refund will not be possible .

• edited June 2013
    Yatra.com People not ready to pay back money for a cancelled ticket. Please don't ever purchase air tickets through yatra. I am writing this its been 5 months i am fighting with yatra people to give money back but not result.

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We would request you to share your booking reference no# and the email address used at the time of booking to investigate further and assist you in this regard.

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.
    We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Our concerned team is looking into your query & would need some time to address it. Request your patience in the interim for reference no# YT 11222111

edited July 2013

We would request you to ignore the above response. We are still awaiting for booking reference no# and the email address used at the time of booking. We would request you to share the same for complete the investigation on this case.

• sharankgowdesharankgowde Junior Member
    Hi Sir,

I have booked my trip to Kashmir with the Yatra.com. as per the itinerary i have the Shikara ride in the Kasmir for 3 hours. The package includes 6n/7d in Kashmir. The kind of service they i got from them is worst. The Shikara ride which they have mention in the itinerary i have not got. i have made call to yatra to confirm the same and in the call which i made on 15 and 19th june 2013. This information is available with the Yatra because they record the call. Now Yatra refuse to pay me money and Yatra is telling Shikara was not part of my package.
    I am looking for yatra to refund money which they charged me.

Conclusion : Yatra need to refund me 3 hours Shikara ride which they charged me in package

My mobile no : 9739133886
    My Address : Unisys Global Service, 135/1, Purva premier, residency road Bangalore 560025

Yatra Address : 6th Floor Tower D, Unitech Cyber Park, Sec 39, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002
  • sharankgowdesharankgowde Junior Member

Yatra booking ID : YT11153245

Tel : +91 955 5800 800
    I made a hotel booking with Yatra.com in consultation with their agent Mr. Naresh. The booking was for Chandigarh f0r two rooms for two nights from 20th to 22nd June, 2013. I had categorically asked for 4 star hotels for my booking. The Yatra portal listed down Hotel Himanis in sector 35c in Chnadigarh as a 4 star hotel. The agent too recommended this hotel and confirmed the booking stating it to be a 4 star property.

When I reached to hotel with my family and to my utmost horror, I found the hotel to be not even a 2 star hotel. There were bugs in the bed, the rooms were smelly, the airconditioning was not working properly and they served stale breakfast in their dark and dingy bar in the basement of the hotel. There were no proper tables and chairs there. I was surprised as to how could this be a 4 star propery. But since I had paid in advance to Yatra.com, I had no option but to stay in teh hotel with all the issues. My holiday got totally spoilt. I had paid Rs. 10913 (6022+4881) for the booking to Yatra.com.

I had raised the complaint on Yarta portal (Reference number Yatra = 011-002-951 and Yatra = 011-025-577) upon my return, but they turned down my complaint stating that since I stayed in the hotel so they cannot refund the money or compensate me. I would like to mention that even today Yatra continues to list this hotel as a 4 star hotel. I am sure this would be misleading the guests into buying something which is not worth what it is shown to be.

Hence, I would want Yatra to compensate to me for ruining my vacation by providing wrong information on their portal and misguiding / misleading me selling a lower category hotels as a 4 star category hotel.

Yatra booking ID : YT11153245

Dear Mr Gowde

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Delay in response is deeply regretted as this case was under investigation and one of customer care executive was communicating with you over email and phone. We hope they have been able to address all your concern up to your satisfaction. An email has also been sent to the registered email id in this regard.

As a gesture of care, we have processed the refund of INR 750 on 15th Jul under booking reference no# YT 11153245. The credit for this transaction would appear in your account within the next 4-5 working days.

• mmathur80mmathur80 Junior Member

mmathur80 wrote: »

Dear Mr Mathur,

• edited August 2013
    I had booked pondicherry trip for 9th aug 2013 from so called yatra Com, but these incompetent people messed up whole of my trip. When i reached pondy on 9th aug 2013 hotel guys say there is no booking on my name and same has been informed to yatra. But the yatra un professional people did not inform me about it. When i call them they have only one word to say is "SORRY".. Disgusting people ..... i had to my arrangement on my own . Iam in the process of filing this in cunsumer court.

Rajesh Govekar

Dear Mr Reddy,

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Delay in response is deeply regretted as this case was under investigation. We assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide outstanding services to you and ensure that your travel experience with us is always pleasurable. Thank you for taking the time to provide us the feedback on your experience. We have escalated the same to our Team Leads to enable them to take the appropriate action to ensure such instances do not recur.

We have processed the full refund of INR 15368 on 12th Aug under booking reference no# YT 11222111. The credit for this transaction would appear in your account within the next 4-5 working days. Please treat this as an isolated case and we look forward to keep assisting you with your future travel needs.

govekr1 wrote: »

Rajesh Govekar

Dear Mr Govekar,

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. There is no availability of the rooms for the dates requested by you for reference no# YT 11489313. We have processed full refund of INR 6856 on 12th Aug. The credit for this transaction would appear in your account within the next 4-5 working days. We have also sent an email on your registered email address with us.

• edited September 2013
    It has been over two months and there is no revert from Yatra on my below complaint.
    mmathur80 wrote: »

• edited September 2013
    Dear Team
    please take an immediate action on this. My Yatra ref no is YT11630698. I had booked Hotel Mangalam, Kolkata a week ago, and accordingly paid, and got the hotel voucher, confirming my booking. at the 11th hour, i get a msg stating they would have cancel my booking. adding to the agony, they replace my booking with a very substandard hotel, with leaving me no options. when requested the customer center executive, Mr Rohit, they revert back, with arrogance, that they cant do anything else, and I have to wait till the booking date for the confirmation. Sounds stupid, and blasphemous, but thats the reality of Yatra.com. I want to initiate a legal action on Yatra, that despite providing the hotel voucher, they cancel the booking to my extreme agony and disappointment. and with no replacement!!