Complaint against OLA CAB, Bangalore

I would like to submit a complaint against OLA CAB, Bangalore for the pathetic service provided to me.
I booked a cab thru OLA cab for commuting from my home Marathahalli to Bangalore City raily station as per the following details:

Date of Booking: 20-Dec-12, 7:47 PM
Date of Journey: 21- Dec-12, 6:00 PM
Confirmation No. (CRN): 1508850

I get a phone from OLA Cab on 21-Dec at 5:30 pm that their cab is late and would be reaching late by 30 mins, i informed them that there should not be any delay as i have to catch Rajdhani Express leaving for Delhi at 8:20 PM. Inspite of repeated calls, the taxi No KA-01AB 1404 , white Mahindra Verito reached 50 minutes late. The Driver Manjunath seemed to be a new hire (a young boy in his early twenties, he was also not wearing the uniform) who seemed to be a novice on the wheel. While driving i called OLA CAB, 3 times and spoke to their supervisor that i am going to miss my train because of their mistake and would require their invention to make alternate arrangement in case i am missing my train. I reached Bangalore city station by 8:45PM amidst the heavy traffic.All my request to OLA fell on deaf ears.

I had to cancell my train ticket (PNR 4763201751) by filling a TDR. An amount of Rs 4650 was deducted by railways.
I also had to cancel my return Delhi to Bangalore Air ticket for 30-Dec ( Indigo Airlines PNR GWKFAC). An amount of Rs 3000 was deducted by Airlines.

I had to suffer a lot of mental agony as the only family trip planned in the whole year 4 months in advance could not be materialized due to lax service from OLA CABs. Please help in getting the refund of Rs 7650 from OLA CAB's. I would like the Taxi service provider to realize that they should not be doing this to any other consumer and just get away with it.

Sushanto

+91 9538578955

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I am not sure what exactly happened today(01-April-2013) with my booking (CRN : 1968542) but this is for sure that I wont be relying on Ola Cab service ever. I have booked a cab on call, mentioning clearly and confirming multiple times, for a pickup at 7:15 am, as it really was on urgent time bound request. At 7:00am, I got a missed call from driver. I called back only to get to know that he has been informed very late so he cannot come before 8:00 or 08:15am. I am not really sure that is truth, as I cannot expect such unprofessional attitude by Ola Cab personals to inform the driver at the nick of time, even though I booked the cab at least 10 hours in advance. This was on an urgent basis so I had to go for other options which indeed was troublesome. The Ola Cab CSR did arranged for another cab, which "I was promised again, to reach at 7:30am max". I do appreciate that however I was not in condition to take chances.

This was my second time that I have used the service and till today morning, I was recommneding others to use Ola instead of other regular Taxi services.I am afraid this has completely changed. If this feedback is getting read by "anyone" I would just wish to get an answer as to what happened exactly. Thanks but no thanks.
    I was stranded in rain with my wife at midnight last day, thanks to OLA cabs. We booked an OLA cab well in advance to pick us up at around 10:30 p.m. from Airport Road, Bangalore after dinner but it was not until 15 minutes before our scheduled pickup that we came to know about the unavailability of the cab. They called me up at around 10:15 p.m. to inform me that they will not be able to service my request. It was raining heavily and getting late, and there was no option for us but to take a room at a hotel for the night. I ended up wasting around Rs 5000/- just because of the ridiculous service that OLA cab provided(or rather did not provide).
    Booking CRN: 2191448
    I had booked an innova for a trip to wonderla yesterday for a pickup at 10 am .got a message about the vehicle and driver.called the driver at 9
    55 he said he his near the place and will reach by 5 min .but took 40 min to reach my place when asked reason given was traffic.He also took a long route thru tumkur road further delayed reaching wonderland .Distance from rt nagar to wonderla is app 35 km but when we reached back reading showed 101 km .when asked the driver was rude by using filthy language .He charged us rs 400 extra .They have cheated us .booking no is crn 2212328. Driver name is nagraj .Vehicle no KA 05 AB 5280 .
  • edited June 2013
    it was a happy moment when i heard that there is someone marwari having a cab
    but i m vry sorry to say that when i had called the company regarding booking of a cab for 12 days but i think that it was one of the worst time i had thought of booking a cab frm this company
    bcoz they say one thing at the time of calling them, write another details but at the time of booking they do different thing. as they said a rate while talking to them but they mailed me another rate n agreeing to their conditions n rates when we were in the process of booking they said another impossible price.

i m vry much disghusted with this company, at least i have never expected this time of service from a company like this.

regards,
    ritesh kumar agarwalla
  • edited June 2013
    hi, i have booked a cab on 19th june 2013 for the bangalore city railway station from c v raman nagar at 1800hr on 20th june 2013, booking number: CRN2421332 . At 1555hr only they SMSed me the cab details driver: mahadeva KA 50 84**, on talking to the driver he told me that he is somewhere in kormangala and would take another 45 min to reach, as i have to catch a train i told him that is not expectable. i called the call center and the person assured me that he has spoken to the cab driver and he only will be reaching to pick me up soon. after waiting for 30 min i call back the driver, he told me that he has told me to cancel the booking and no communication has taken place with ola and him. i called the call center and inquired about the status to which he has put me on hold and after 1.5 min told me (without even talking to the driver assigned) that he has spoken to the driver the driver is on the way and would be reaching soon. i understood those Bast** are not reliable, i made alternate arrangements and cancelled the booking at 1840hr.
    Such a useless persons that they without talking to drivers are telling lies and not even bother to tell the consumer that they will not be able to make it, so they can make alternate arrangements.
  • edited June 2013
    I had got an Ola cab booked for my brother from Kalasipalayam to Mantri Mall via majestic. I got 2 confirmation messages with 2 different driver details. Then got a call from the second driver VITHAL! +919880123223 driving a Silver Toyota etios KA02AD0488. I gave him specific driving directions so that he has not confusion and for minimum inconvenience for my brother on his first trip. I also told him to pick me up from my departing point at Majestic on his way to Mantri Mall after picking up my bro. With specific landmark which he said he knew well. My brother arrived but had no taxi there. But I got a text stating that the Ola cab is waiting for pick up. The driver was not waiting at the landmark specified so after waiting for 27min my brother was going to board an auto for half the rate Ola cab stated. Then the driver calls saying he reached, exactly 27mins LATE. They picked me an hour late!! And when I was telling him on our way from Majestic to Malleshwaram that he made us wait and is charging us for that which is not fair, you said your there and you weren't, you did not wait at the specified landmarks or travel as per given directions. He said crap after crap and then said 'Aap aurath ho! aise ek mardh se baath nahi kar sakthe. Main waha pohuncha na, phir kya hai etc etc'. I had it by then instead of apologising for his mistake he has the nerve to speak back and tell me a woman should not speak to him because he is a man??!!. I said its not mard ya aurath I'm your customer and I'm equal. He just kept sayin NON-SENSE. I said i'll complain about you by then we reached my apartments. He said do whatever again more nonsense.I then said just shut up stupid and got off the cab. he then got out of the Ola cab and spat on the floor as a mock to me. It was so CHEAP. HE CREATES A SCENE IN FRONT OF MY BLD AND DOESNT OPEN THE BOOT TO RETRIEVE OUR LUGGAGE. Finally our building security intervened and got our luggage out. I immediately called Ola cab and made a compaint. I said if I wanted to interact with third rate drivers I could've taken an auto for half the rate. I don't need him telling how a women should behave. I need an action on the driver and a call back to know what happens. She gives a meaningless sorry and so far no feedback on the action. I'm not expecting a miracle but atleast basic courtesy and civilized behaviour from cab drivers !!!! We are paying for a service. PROVIDE IT!!!
    Irresponsibility and negligence of Ole cab services resulted in a huge loss for us. At 8:55 we had our train to Kerala from Majestic. So we had booked the cab for 28th June 7 pm from Ejipura. The driver did not report on time. After repeated calls he reported at 7: 43. From begining it was evident that the driver was not aware of the routes. Our misery started when the driver took the wrong route by taking the fly over. Our efforts to guide him was in vain. So we called the authorities to inform them the situation. From 8:10 to 9pm we were in the same location - Brigade road. The driver took different routes but we did not reach Majestic. If the authorities had taken prompt action we could have got inside the train on time. It was so important for us to catch that train since my wife had to j oin her govt. job after her medical leave. We had booked the ticket one month back.
    At 9 pm we were still in Brigade road. By then the train had left. Along with us there was our 5 months old baby, our mother and luggage. We asked the cab driver to take us to their office but he was reluctant to do it. At last we decided to file a case in the consumer court regarding this. Once again we called the authorities informing the same and also made it clear that we wont pay the cab.
    We received a call from the manager informing their regret and said that it was clear from the route map he had taken that the mistake was on the part of driver. After reaching home we had to book ticket in tatkal. It was by God's grace that we got ticket otherwise my wife would have lost her job. For tickets alone we lost more than 3000 Rs. Next day they came forward with a compensation. A free ride for us for Rs 500!!!!!!!!!!!. We were shocked to hear such a proposal. Can anyone with least common sense think of such a compensation. So we thought of sharing our plight with everyone. Next time if anyone thinks of calling Ole cabs think about what we had gone through. One thing is for sure that we will be filling a case for justice.
    I had really nice experience with OLA cabs in the past. Recent incident gave me deep shock and hence forth I take oath not to use OLA cab service any more in my life.

CRN 2549776
    pick up time : 10th July ,2013. 5 PM
    Source : Near Sarjapura bus stop
    Dest. : Banglaore railway station

Short detail:

My wife is pregnant and we have a baby shower occasion at my native so we booked cab from my house to railway station. cab did not come till 6:45 PM and it was tensed moment for me. I took my luggage and dropped my wife at bus stop and we traveled by bus. It was very bad road and took long time to reach to kormangla. From there we got cab to reach to railway station. We reached at train just before 3 mins. I would request you to read complete indecent and if you are honest towards your work than please get back to me with answer.

Complete Incedent:
    I had a train at 10th july 2013, 09:30 PM so I have booked OLA cabs at same day morning. I have informed Pick up time at sharp 5 pm as distance was too long and first time we were going from sarjapura to railway station. Source address was Peninsula parkville,near sarjapura bus stop and destination address was Bangalore railway station. I have also informed that my wife is pregnant so we need cab with good condition.

Driver Mr. Abdul called me around 5:15 and informed me that he got stuck in traffic near sajrapura signal and will take 15 mins to reach to my place. I was cool as we had enough time to reach to railway station. I called him again after 20 mins and still he was on same point as per his statement and he requested me to talk with OLS cab customer care for managing new cab as he could not come from sarjapura signal. I got tensed and called customer care. people were giving very wage information. I got to know that driver will definitely reach with in 5 mins. I got promise to get call from customer care for further information. No one had call back me and driver stopped picking up my calls. Fact is that I was came to home on same route just before 30 mins and there was no traffic jam. I inquired my friend who came back home from same route and confirmed that there was no traffic jam.My pain was not ended here.

As driver did not come and stopped picking up my call around 5:45 pm so I called and express my worry to customer care. People replied my very humbly and assured to book another driver. They assured me that driver will reach to my place in 5 mins. I got driver's number and called him. I got to know that new driver was coming from kormangla. Again i was shocked to here that driver got canceled who was already in sarjapura signal and assign new driver who is at double far distance from my place.New driver also told me that it will take 45 mins for him to reach to my place and requested that pls ask customer care to send cab which is near to my place.

I was literally tensed and worried as because my wife is pregnant and for her i have requested cab with good condition. It was almost 6:45 PM and i was indeed helpless.
    I dumped my luggage in my byke and dropped my wife to sarjapura bus stop, went back to take another luggage and came back to bus stop with help of one good gentle man. Some how we got a bus from sarjapura to Kormangla so we dumped our luggage in bus and travel to kormangla in very dirty and long way.

Finally I got call from Mr. Ramesh and admitted his failure to serve us. It was 7:51 pm when he called me.I have shared my worry and requested him to book another cab from kormangla to bangalore railway station. He has booked for us and ensured us that this time OLA will not fail to serve you.

It have considered it as dark night for us as my wife is pregnant and bus passed in very bad road and took long time to reach to kormangla.

Finally we got a cab at forum kormangla and diver was nice and he dropped us at railway station around 9:15 PM . We reached to platform no. 8 with all luggage's and train was already reached. Just before 3 mins, we reached to train otherwise we could have missed and also missed to attain my wife's baby shower occasion.

I hope you are not enjoying this story while reading it.

I would like to thanks Mr. Ramesh who helped to book cab from kormangla to railway station and also very curious to know the answer for below questions :

- Who is culprit?
    - Who has given wrong information to me (Customer care or driver)?
    - Why driver did not pick up my call?
    - Why you have booked new cab which was already at double far distance from earlier
    driver's location?
    - Why you are so negligible about customer commitments?
    - If my growing baby will have some problem due to inconveniency than who will be
    responsible?
  • edited August 2013
    i have booked OLA cab twice and on both occasions it was around 50 minutes late. Moreover, although i travelled the same distance on both occasions, the first time the fare was Rs. 255 and the 2nd time it was Rs. 168. I fail to understand the discrepancy as there was no waiting time on either occasion. i'm really disappointed with the poor service. Not only will i never book OLA cab again but i will definitely advise all i know not to book OLA cab.
  • edited September 2013
    I booked an OLA cab (Bangalore) to the airport from HSR layout for Sep 4, 4:30 AM (CRN 2966014) to catch a 7:00 AM flight. I received an SMS at 3:45 AM that the cab has arrived. No driver details were sent. When I went down, there was no cab. I called the customer care number and received no help. They said the cab is in HSR Layout. I decided to drive to the airport instead and leave my car in the long-term parking. I'm glad that I did that because the cab only reached my house when I reached more than half way (Around 5:30)! I have messages from OLA for all of these.
  • edited October 2013
    Although I am not lodging a formal complaint, these guys shouldn't be in the business. Extremely unreliable and always late. I have had 3 incidents of these guys not showing up on time. The drivers will lie to you and say they are 10 minutes away. It's best to trust a more expensive organized cab service than these people.
  • edited October 2013
    i start my buiseness with ola cab with they did nt give me any buiseness & also not refund my 10000 rs. deposite.
  • edited October 2013
    I want to complaint against Ola Cab Delhi. I booked a cab from janakpuri to shalimar bagh. The driver reached as sheduled at 6P.M. on 20th October 2013 and covered a distance of 13.9 km in One and half hour and charged Rs 373/- while according to ola cabs the rate is Rs 21/- per km which comes to Rs 292/- for 13.9 Km. When asked the driver informed that the taxi was in jam on roads and hence they have charged for waiting of 41 minutes on the basis of Rs 2 per minute. He asked to contact Customer care of Ola Cabs. When i asked the customer care attendent he also informed the same thing. This is a fraud of Ola Cabs. I request you to look into the matter so that the customers are not harassed like me. I had to pay Rs 373/- for no fault of mine. The CRN No. is 3349870. The driver name was Mr Dharmender whose mobile no. was 9811486872 and the cab was Maruti swift dzire DL 01YD5460.
  • edited November 2013
    I booked a cab to pick me from Ulsoor at 10.00pm today and the driver called me around 9.30pm and said he reached early.
    So i guided him with the route and he said he is aware of the place and will be there.

I went down by 9.35pm approx and coudnt find a cab. So i stood out and called the driver twice and he dint answer. He finally answered the call the third time and i asked him where he was as i was standing outside the apartment and i couldnt see a cab.

The car was parked in a dark corner and "THE CAR DID NOT LOOK LIKE A CAB" I dint go towards it to check at this time of the hour.

When he finally answered my call, he then tells me he is outside the apartment in the car. I said to him that i have been standing out with my luggage and waiting for the cab and i dint know this was a cab and he was in it, he in return tels me "DO YOU EXPECT ME TO STAND OUT OR WHAT"?

tHIS IS NOTHING BUT SHEER BAD ATTITUDE.
    when i wanted to board the cab, he would not get down to help me place the luggage in the boot. i had to do it on my own.

On boarding the cab, i told him that i will mention abt his attitude to the office, he actually got off the cab saying do what you want and do it now.....

OLA has some pathetic cab drivers working for them.

I would tell all people i know to not use OLA ever....

Below are the driver and pick up details i got from OLA

Driver name: Mallikarjuna, #9916851524
    CRN number: 3479396
    Car: KA02AC2512

Firstly, He dint have any basic training on how to treat a customer and and secondly, i have noticed that their attitude towards women is very low & think they can be spoken to in any manner.
    When i called the customer service to complaint about it, i reached a guy named jagadish. Probably the same guy who took my booking.(im not too sure of this)

When i shared with him the incident, he came across like he had a laugh but still read out his scrip saying he apologises and so on... it dint mean even a bit genuine.

Overall im regretting having called OLA & having to go though such a bad experiance.
    These drivers cannot be trusted.
  • edited January 2014
    I booked an ola cab today from Indiranagar to jp nagar... which was 12.3 KM.. as per their rate I was to pay 277 Rs ...but I was charged 353rs!!! and why??? coz their was traffic and they charged me for waiting at signals! 2 Rs/min!! call center was useless! they were rude and did not compromise.. I ended up paying 29 Rs/KM...though this is mentioned on their website, no one reads it...as this is abnormal..prior notification should be given to customers.. I request consumer court to take action against this.

Details:
    Name: Pragya
    booking no. : CRN4029166
  • edited January 2014

I am Anjali Gupta, and have an account with Olacabs.

I've had real bad experiences with Ola Cabs. I thought Olacabs was reliable but in the past 1 week, the image about them
    has totally changed. Till before this week, I never was in such a situation, thus, probably it was all fine. The incidents
    in the last one week has been an eye opener and has revealed the Careless attitude of CustomerCare executives and
    the mis-behaviour and mistreatment of the Olacabs drivers.
    I booked the cab several times in the last one week, and had 'inhuman', 'unprofessional' experiences with Ola Cabs and their
    customer care executives - 'Vinay', 'Santhosh', and 'Amir'.
    I have heard numerous times in the last one week that I will receive a call from the Customer care people, but everytime
    I mam the one calling them. Hardly it has happened that they call back to a customer.

1. I booked the cab for my relatives on 1st January 2014, it was booked for 5:16pm, they boarded the cab at that time,
    still they were charged 38 min of WAITING TIME. My relatives did not make the cab even stop before the destination place.
    For no reason, they were charged for the WAITING TIME.

2. Post this incident, I spoke to the customer care, and they agreed that the WAITING charges
    were charged UNNECESSARILY. The waiting time charges of first 10 min is free as per Ola Cabs, and my relatives had to pay
    for 28 min (RS.2*28 = Rs 56.00). I was told by the customer care executive that the money will come in Ola account.
    I received Rs 50 in my account instead of Rs 56. I just let this one go for Rs 6.

But, this is not enough.

3. I booked a cab for my relatives in Delhi for 3 January 2014, so that the balance money could be adjusted for them.
    I booked a cab, from my account itself. I spoke to the customer care executive as well on 2 January 2014 to confirm
    if the balance money will be adjusted. But, of course, the balance money was NOT adjusted for them.
    Again they had to pay the full amount. This booking is there in 'My Bookings' section of my email address, and still
    I was given a reason that because the phone number is not matching, we can't adjust.
    (a) I was not told this condition while I booked the cab.
    (b) If a person is booking a cab for friends, relatives, according to my knowledge, it makes more sense
    to book the cab with their phone number so that they get the details of the cab. Also,
    if the booking comes under the section 'My Bookings' for an email address, it just implies that the
    booking has been made using that account.

Anyway, so, this money was not adjusted for my Relatives.

4. My roommate had booked Ola cab on 31 December 2013 for 8 hours. Her cab met with an accident. She kept on
    calling Ola cabs customer executives, but nobody responded to her. In fact, they repeatedly disconnected her calls.
    She was left stranded in the middle of nowhere. The driver was not responding at all. She injured her elbow.
    (a) She had to book Meru cab instantly to get out of that situation herself.
    (b) She had to bear the hospital expenses.
    (c) To top it all, the emotional trauma post the accident.

After all this, she received a call on 1 January 2014 to PAY the bill of the cab.

5. Now, finally, the last incident. I booked a cab for my parents for 6 January 2014 from Hoodi Circle to
    Majestic Railway Station. Firstly, I booked an Indica, I was sent a Sedan. On top of it, I was billed for it even after
    confirming that I will be required to pay only for Indica.
    Secondly, the cab was booked for 5.15pm and it was boarded on time. My parents did not even stop the cab in between.
    Since, it was peak time, they were paying Rs. 50 as peak time charges, but on top of this, they were charged for 29 min
    WAITING TIME charges for Traffic Signals. This was nowhere mentioned on phone when I spoke to customer care executives.
    On top of it, when I spoke to customer care people later on, I was told that this exists SOMEWHERE in their T&Cs.
    When I searched on their website, it was nowhere to be found.
    Also, if Ola cabs are anyway charging for PEAK TIME, then what is this Traffic signal thing for ! Are these traffic
    signals in peoples' control ?
    After all this, when I spoke to the customer care executives, I was told numerous times that I'll be getting a call, but no.
    Apart from all this, my parents would have missed their train because of all the mis-treatment of the Driver.

Post these experiences, the customer care executives say that they will give OLA Money.
    After such experiences with any cab, I don't think any person would even be interested in booking cab with them.E
  • edited February 2014
    I have multiple incidents where I faced problem or irritation with OLA cabs service. Once when I talked to customer care, I was told to write everything in detail. I hope you people will at least read it and know that I am never going to use your service nor I am going to advise anyone to use OLA.

Incident 1:
    CRN: 4238154
    Date/Time of Journey: 27-Jan-2014 8:05 PM
    Driver: RAVIPRASAD (9035400509)
    Vehicle: Silver Tata Indica (KA 05 AC 9424)

My in-laws were coming to Bangalore. So I sent a cab to pick them up. Unfortunately the train got delayed. At 8:56 PM I got sms saying ‘Board in next 5 mins to avoid cancellation’ so I instantly cancelled the cab. However that cancellation was not communicated to the driver who was still waiting at the railway station.
    He still picked them up. Once they reached home, he was fighting with me with emotional sentences. ‘Madam how can you cancel the booking. I was waiting for your parents. And you did not inform me.’ I told him I cancelled the booking officially, so your company should tell you. But he still charged them 90 minutes waiting as Rs. 180 + manually calculated fare as he did not switch on meter. He totally took some Rs. 500 + whereas from railway station to our home the fare usually comes within Rs. 300.

I don’t get it. If the booking has been cancelled then who kept that waiting charge? Even now in my account on OLA, I do not see this CRN in My Bookings. Your driver looted your customer personally. So unprofessional it is.

Incident 2:
    CRN: 4293224
    Date/Time of Journey: 02-Feb-2014 5:00 AM
    From: Munnekolala TO: Railway staion
    Driver: PUNDALIK (9902331339)
    Vehicle: White Tata Indica (KA 32 B 8634)

Early morning I directed driver when he reached our area. He still called me many times telling that he is not seeing our building where as he was just few meters away from our building. He was saying ‘Madam there are so many buildings here’. I told him of course there are but only one building has our name on it. Then he called and said he has reached. I told him we are coming down at the gate. When we came out, since it was only 5:10 AM it was dark outside. We did not see any car waiting for us. I walked till the end of lane but nothing. There were many cars stating on road and few were parked in a ground opposite to our building. I went 5th floor up again to get the phone and called him. Then we came to know he parked the car in the ground and was sleeping with lights off. I don’t know but did he expect me to go and peep inside every car there? He did not even come near our building and no indication of a ‘waiting taxi’. The taxi number was not visible as it was totally dark but he could see our build very well in his head light but he had witched it off.
    When we complained, he said ‘ok you complain madam, I am not taking them’. We had to calm down and request him as my guests had to catch train. Your drivers behave as if they are obliging us.

Incident 3:
    CRN: 4351342
    Date/Time of Journey: 07-Feb-2014 7:00 AM
    Driver: SHASHI (9738522704)
    Vehicle: White Tata Indica (KA 05 AD 2927)

This time I called customer care in advance and told them my previous experiences so that for this ride my parents do not face any issue. Customer care lady told me that first 6 km Rs. 100 flat and remaining Rs.13 per kilometer. She told me if I face any issues then I should call her name (Sweety from Mumabi office) directly when the driver is there. When they arrived driver told me meter is not working madam, but kilometers are there. The amount was Rs. 414 which was more than expected so I asked him to explain how it came to 414 and he had no answer. So I called customer care right then and asked for Sweety but obviously she did not come on call. I explained everything to the guy who picked up this time. He told me some different rates as, first 6 km Rs. 150 and remaining Rs.16 per kilometer. I told him just 10 mins back some Sweety told me totally different Tariff. He had no answer. The driver told me that yesterday prices were changed and someone beat the owner of OLA cabs due to some strike for price hike. So no one has answer for the tariff query. I had no choice but to pay him.

Only three times I used OLA service and I had unprofessional experience every time. If we are paying what you ask for then how come you guys and your drivers take liberty to argue with customers and cheat them. Highly disgusting this is.

I am not sure if I’ll ever get any reply from your guys but max I can do is warn every one of your bad service.

Aparna (9742366933)
  • edited February 2014
    I have multiple concerns or incidents where I faced problem or irritation with OLA cabs service. Once when I talked to customer care, I was told to write everything in detail. I hope you people will at least read it and know that I am never going to use you service nor I am going to advise anyone to use OLA.

Incident 1:
    CRN: 4238154
    Date/Time of Journey: 27-Jan-2014 8:05 PM
    Driver: RAVIPRASAD (9035400509)
    Vehicle: Silver Tata Indica (KA 05 AC 9424)

Incident 2:
    CRN: 4293224
    Date/Time of Journey: 02-Feb-2014 5:00 AM
    From: Munnekolala TO: Railway staion
    Driver: PUNDALIK (9902331339)
    Vehicle: White Tata Indica (KA 32 B 8634)

Incident 3:
    CRN: 4351342
    Date/Time of Journey: 07-Feb-2014 7:00 AM
    Driver: SHASHI (9738522704)
    Vehicle: White Tata Indica (KA 05 AD 2927)

• edited February 2014
    I booked a cab for a journey from Whitefield to MG Road and I get a prompt response that my booking has been confirmed CRN4515952 for 20th Feb 2014, 7:31AM. I receive a call from the Ola Cab driver at around 6:30 to confirm the directions to reach my place which he promptly acknowledged as a familiar place and would be there at the scheduled time. About 15 mins later I receive an SMS - Ola! Your Total bill for CRN4515952 is Rs 150. Your invoice is on its way to XXXX@XX.COM. I called the customer care to check and they said, it should have been some mistake(technical glitch) and I also left it at that. At 7:30 when I call the driver again to check if he was at the scheduled pick up point, he tells me that he has been reassigned to some other pick up. I call the Customer Care and for the first 3 times nobody answers; the fourth time somebody did pick up the phone said that they do not have any cabs untill 10 AM. I thought it was some joke, I insisted that the cab which was confirmed by them and the driver should have been there to pick me up as I had to be somewhere by 9:30 and the executive says she cant don't anything rudely and hangs up.

So much for all the Spanish nonsense of Ola. I swear I would never book an Ola Cab ever. For the premium that they charge the least they should be doing is some proper response and be there if they have committed for a pick up, I can understand delays on account of traffic etc but not showing up and not even bothering to let me atleast know that there wont be a cab at the scheduled time is the limit.

From the long list of complaints I am seeing here I dont think the company even cares.

Rajesh
  • edited March 2014
    I have booked a cab to pick my wife from office at 7:00 PM, I got a message at 6:30 in the eve that the driver is late by 30 mins
    Then I got a call from Mumbai , and the driver asking me detail address, Just after that I got a SMS with driver info saying the driver will
    reach by 5.. Within 10 mins i got another message saying , Your wife has travelled and bill is 100/-. To my surprise I called my wife to ask
    did the driver even call you , she said the driver said , he would reach by 9:00 PM

This is total crap !!! that you are running.. I will make sure me and my frnds wud never travell by OLA cabs

Abhijit
  • edited March 2014
    I booked a cab for pick up kudlu gate to begur road drop on 16th March 2014 10 am. Below are the booking and cab details:
    Booking CRN 4856776
    Cab No: White Toyota Etios, KA 03 AA 5699
    Driver Name : Prabhakar (9141573067)

Problem: I left my cell phone(Nokia e5 white gry color) in the cab while step out to cab at begur road.Soon i reached to my relatives's home and realized that I forgot my phone in cab (within 10- 15 mins.) I informed my hubby abt that.Suggested to call the OLA call center and track the driver. After doing so, the cab driver denied completely even call centre person replied the same.I m 200% sure tht I forgot my Cell ph in cab only evn I hav proof also as my whatsapp status still showing last log in time 10 am / 16 march (I ws in cab tht time). My Holi festival spoiled completely and got huge Mental stress bcoz I lost nt only just mobile ph bt lots of contact numbers nd rare snaps.
    We requested the cab driver many times to return our mobile ph evn offered him to take
    That ph back as we just want phone’s data(contact nos,snaps).but my qust to ola cab on
    What ground u r hiring ur staff (drivers) if ur customers nt feel safe during journey or after
    Step out to cab bcoz scenario would be worst instead of my ph it could be my baby or my life
    And ola call center person jst do thr duty and said No as thr cab driver denied.thn who will
    Take responsibility for customer’s safe & secure journey ?????? think of tht on moral ground.
    Still I m hoping …. I wil get bck cell ph plz plz Mr driver be honest and return back
  • edited April 2014
    I have been using Ola cabs for the last 4 months.. inspite of being a regular customer being picked both morning and evening these guys don't even have basic respect for even the money you have been shelling out for 4 months... i used ola cabs because I am pregnant and its hard to commute everyday by buses or two wheelers on Bangalore roads... initially things were okay .. but later realized these guys are firstly expensive compared to other cabs ... these guys never tell you when they are changing the cab when the cab is being delayed.. they never intimate you.. you like a fool end u waiting... and what to say about their customer care.. early morning you call customer care they have fun at your expense..... i dont have good words in my mouth to kind of describe the experience with them.. such a sick way to handle customers .. they think we are all at their mercy.... the amount of money ive paid for cabs to ola cudve actually paid one persons one month salary ... yet they act like we are so cheap and we are some kind of beggars....worst part are their cust care supervisors.. dunno how they hire such guys who have no politeness to talk to the customers.. best example was today morning... when i get a message for a 8.15 am pick up... i get message at 7.30 with driver details.. driver calls and takes the route and tells me he will be there.. after 15 minutes that around 7.45 he calls me and tells me he is very far and cannot make it up asked me to call the cust care and arrange another cab... then started a good morning .. wow what a way to start your day.. customer care lady says cab will reach at any cost by 8.15 if not they are gonna take action against the driver....:P liek as if the driver is really bothered about that :D ... then i call at 8.25 .. yell at them asking wheres my cab.. the call gets escalated and finaly their so called supervisor tells me that they the cab will reach at 9 at any cost... good joke is that.. when i kept the call... i get 3 messages from ola... first oen says.. your cab is ontime... hope u have a good journey.. then another one says.. sorry about the delay........:D .. finaly one was ultimate.. it says.. your invoice is being sent your way for 200 rupees.. :D and i call cust care again.. blasted those buggars properly im still at home and there u go they have generated my invoice as well.. finally got to know that they have cancelled the cab .............. i have no words to say except that the guy who started ola should be a bigg loser of all times.. the local taxi walas are anytime better .. maybe even the auto guys who barely ask 20 rupees extra :D.. yet you still reach on time...... finally i decided that im done with these guys... i will not refer them to anyone whom i knw .. right now using taxi for sure... morning it was an awesome exp.. those guys atleast dont commit and not make it up..for now as long as im gonna travel.. i guess ill use anything apart from OLA...... Pathetic stds and cheap assholes
  • edited April 2014
    The Chauffer with reference CRN 5250532 is the worst driver ever found. He is not ready to assist to load the luggage and was not allowed to carry luggage in the cab. He was very rude to the women passengers. If this the new rule that has implemented, why they are providing public services. The services of OLA cab is such pathetic that nobody should opt for it. The passengers were harrassed as such they made a mistake booking OLA cabs. Ensure, nobody opt for OLA Cabs.
  • edited April 2014
    Unreliable and best avoided .You would book the cab thinking they are providing service at a cheaper rate .But the cab drivers do not turn up at all .
    I took the cab continuously for 3 months . In a week 2-3 days , cabs don't turn up . I had written to the ola support but of no use . All they say is sorry and we will see to that it does not happen again .
    After a day of filing a complaint its again the same issue .
    Every cab driver wants to know the drop point .Once they know it s a minimum distance , they refuse to come .I had raised this concern too , but of little help .
    I had no other option than to go for a higher price service provider but a reliable one.

Conclusion - Book a cab with OLA at your own risk . You may be lucky to get a cab but also be prepared for days when the cab wouldn't turn up especially if its for shorter distance.
  • edited May 2014
    I MADE A BOOKING AS UNDER
    Confirmed CRN 5666554Olacabs
    Hi TV VARADARAJAN,
    Thank you for using Olacabs! Your Cab booking is confirmed.
    BOOKING DETAILS
    Booking time 09:54 AM, 1 May 2014
    Pickup time 05:30 PM, 1 May 2014
    Pickup address D3-304, L&T SOUTH CITY, off BANNERGHATTA ROAD BANGALORE 560076
    Car type Mini

When the cab reported, the driver had 3 booking from same locality and was confused. His attempt to contact offices followed by my effort to reach your office went in vain. I requested the driver to proceed and drop my at the destination which he obliged. But he could not issue me a receipt for the payment made whch is Rs 350 for 25 kms
    I request you to please look into the cause of such confusion and issue me a valid receipt immediately in soft copy to my email ID.

• edited May 2014
    I booked a cab by calling at ola cabs on 10 th of may. Travel date 11.05.2014. Place from - koramangala.place to - yeshwantpur railway station.
    Time- 9:15 a.m.

I made a call at 8:45 a.m. to confirm if the cab is on time..They kept me on hold for 10 mins and then told that it will be delayed by 30 mins. I can understand that some times a cab might be late but they should inform that. I have never seen such an irresponsible behaviour from any cab service i have ever took.I would have missed my train if i didnt call myself at ola to check if the cab is on right time beforehand.

After seeing their irresponsible behaviour.i cancelled the cab and somehow managed to reach the station by auto.
    My suggestion is never book an ola cab.
  • edited June 2014
    I was travelling to bangalore on June 3, 2014. Booked Ola cab for return trip to Airport from MG road.

I paid the amount written in invoice but driver asked some additional amount on top of that, mentioned "its a policy at OLA cab to pay this additional amount on every airport drop" I enquired at call center but no relief over there. as I had to catch my flight so paid said amount to driver and requested them (Call Center and Driver) to provide a invoice/receipt of that amount but they didnt.

These people are cheating every passenger, Lets avoid such cheaters.

ACCIDENT DETAILS
    I hired an Ola Cab on, 6th April, at 5 am, from Kandivli East to T2 Airport. The driver slept off while driving and rammed into a moving truck on the WE Highway. I was sitting at the front and the entire top left side of the cab pierced through, with glass pieces right on my face. The rear-view mirror hit & broke on my forehead. I was quick enough to block the impact with my left hand & bend over to the driver’s side else I wouldn’t have been killed instantly. I sustained injuries on my head, forehead, neck, shoulder, knee and a deep cut on my palm. My old-aged parents who were sitting at the back seat too sustained minor injuries on their head & hands. The driver called someone from the Ola cabs team and I overheard him lie that a speeding truck hit his cab, so I took the phone from his hand and told the person at the other end that this driver was lying and the fact was that he was sleeping and rammed into the moving truck which was ahead of us. I separately called the Olacabs team and informed about the accident. Since I had to take the flight I could not file a case at that time. I was at the airport for a couple of hours before taking off, and in that period the least I was expecting was a courtesy call from the OlaCabs team to check on me- that did not happen. That was expecting too much out of a careless, unprofessional taxi rental service company- Ola. After getting First Aid at the airport I had filed this complaint on the OlaCabs Facebook Page with the damaged car photograph, and shared that complaint on my Facebook wall. After I was back from my travel the first thing I notice is that my complaint posted on the OlaCabs Facebook page was missing, meaning they had DELETED it. I ran through all the posts on their Facebook page and noticed they have only retained glorified posts, so it is very obvious how fraudulent their intentions are. My post on Facebook (I have retained a screenshot of the same) had received several messages and people had shared it on their walls as well. To have deleted this post from their official Facebook page not only brings to light their fraudulent intentions but is also a cheap, shameful act which shows how trust worthy they can be.

WHAT OLA CABS DID?

1. Firstly the driver lied to his counterpart on phone, immediately after the accident saying a truck hit him. I clarified to whoever was present on the call that it was the driver who had slept off & that he is lying. The driver apparently mentioned a story that a man with 2 kids were crossing the road. I told the OlaCabs team which man, on a Sunday morning, will cross the WE Highway with 2 kids? Ola cabs later apologised to me over call saying they got to know the driver was lying.
    2. Ola cabs did not bother to call me to check if I was alive / ok, needed any medical attention etc. immediately after the accident (which I reported to them on a call separately too) or even later.
    3. Ola cabs deleted my Facebook complaint on their Olacabs FB page. They accepted this fault of theirs and apologised later on call for this.
    4. After I came back to the country and started writing about this accident on Facebook,Twitter, Ola cabs got in touch with me and offered me a highly obliging compensation – ONE FREE TAXI RIDE.
    5. After I wrote about the accident and their unique compensation on FB/Twitter I started getting calls from the Corporate Communication Head of Olacabs, Mr.Anand apologising for the 1-free taxi ride which his junior had offered me. He asked me “what compensation I needed” & if I can send across my hospital bills for them to clear immediately. I told him what compensation would he give to his old parents if he had died in a similar accident? I asked him what compensation would he need for himself if his parents had died in a similar accident? I told him that I was not interested in any money. He requested me not to write these posts / tweets on FB/Twitter and I obliged in anticipation of the LegalNotice reply expected from them. I told him a Legal Notice was on the way and I would need a response to the same.
    6. The legal Notice was sent to them on 21st April, and Ola Cabs mentioned on their Facebook post that they received the same. The Legal Notice had details about the accident and asked OlaCabs to respond to the following queries:
    a) The safety measures you have taken in your cabs in case of accidents?
    b)Whether your cabs are equipped with alarm system in case the driver is sleeping or speeding the car beyond permissible limits?
    c) Do you give proper training to your drivers?
    d)What are your standard operating procedures in case of accidents?
    7. It is 8th June, 2014, 1.5 months since the Legal Notice was sent and there is no response from Ola Cabs. Simply because they cannot answer the queries I have asked.
  • edited June 2014
    Search for "VICTIMS OF OLA CABS” Group on Facebook. Please post your complaint there and lets collate all complaints against Ola Cabs under this group.

I am Anjali Gupta, and have an account with Olacabs.

the mis-behaviour and mistreatment of the Olacabs drivers.
    customer care executives - 'Vinay', 'Santhosh', and 'Amir'.

For no reason, they were charged for the WAITING TIME.

But, this is not enough.

(a) I was not told this condition while I booked the cab.
    booking has been made using that account.

Anyway, so, this money was not adjusted for my Relatives.

(a) She had to book Meru cab instantly to get out of that situation herself.
    (b) She had to bear the hospital expenses.
    (c) To top it all, the emotional trauma post the accident.

confirming that I will be required to pay only for Indica.
    When I searched on their website, it was nowhere to be found.
    signals in peoples' control ?

• edited June 2014
    Ola Cabs is literally serving BULL SHIT. The most unreliable cab service, Even after the confirmation, you will never know whether it will come to pickup or not. I booked CRN6546886 for pickup at 4:30 today. Received a call at 4:50 from driver that he is not coming. And the most interesting part is when I called customer care they say journey is in progress. What a SHIT?

I missed my business meeting because of this CHEAP Cab Service.

Never use OLA Cabs.