Reliance - My college Plan Fraud & call rate issue.

edited September 2014 in Mobile
I subscribed to my college plan on 25 sept. I received conformation msg regarding the activation about it. My balance was deducted.
However I did not get the benifits of the plan - free whatsapp and facebook access.
I registered complaints with the customer care on no. of occasions
complaint no. 188816198 , 188067866, 188816198, 188437959, 188969034
the answers i got are
"Kindly note that, as per the service request number 188067866 you are not eligible for the FRC/ recharge Offer as NO recharge has been done"
"We regret for the inconvenience caused in this regard.
Kindly note that the college pack is active in your account in that pack all calls at 5p/minutes within group and sms at 5p/sms within group.
Assuring you of our best services always. "

these are very contradicting remarks firstly they say I am not eligible and no recharge was done. Then they reply that the pack is active on my no.!! how is that even possible.

"We request you to get back to us with the details mentioned below to initiate further action.

1. Date of recharge : -
2. STV Recharge Amount: -
3. Exact nature of Problem:
(For e.g calls are charged at 0.50p/min instead of 1.2p/sec: -

Your co-operation and patience in this regard will be highly appreciated."

Now the problem that they have stated in the e.g. is also faced by me. customer care executive was rude to talk to. None of the problem has been solved in 20 days
I want to lodge a complaint in the consumer court.

Comments

• RCOMcareRCOMcare Senior Member
    I registered complaints with the customer care on no. of occasions
    complaint no. 188816198 , 188067866, 188816198, 188437959, 188969034
    the answers i got are
    "We regret for the inconvenience caused in this regard.
    Assuring you of our best services always. "

1. Date of recharge : -
    2. STV Recharge Amount: -
    3. Exact nature of Problem:
    (For e.g calls are charged at 0.50p/min instead of 1.2p/sec: -

Your co-operation and patience in this regard will be highly appreciated."

I want to lodge a complaint in the consumer court.

We have tried calling you on the given number but we were unable to reach you, Please provide with any of your alternate number if issue still persist.

• bindassdostbindassdost Junior Member
    RCOMcare wrote: »

even im affecting by same problem
    nobody is able to tell how the hell facebook and whatsapp is free if balance is deducting

• edited October 2012

register my complaint pls

I'm also facing a similar problem. I got the my college plan activated on my number 9022762813 on the 10th of october. But till date I'm charged for whatsapp and facebook usage! Uptill now, aroung Rs.18 has been deducted from my account as data usage. When I call to complain about the same, I'm not getting any proper response. I have complained atleast 10 times, but only once i was given a complain number. It is:18965301. I recieved this number on the 12th Oct. The worst part is that most of the time when I call the customer care I'm told that no such plan is active on my account. Today I'm being told that no balance has been deducted from my account!!

I haven't got any proper response or resolution for my problem. I would suggest that my balance of Rs. 18 be credited to my account. And my plan charge of Rs.16 be transferred to the subscription of the Whatsapp plan instead of the my college plan!
  • R_COMcare1R_COMcare1 Senior Member

Cheers,

RCom Care
    I subscribed to this plan .Rs 16 was paid by me for free facebook and whatsapp but reliance deducted extra money without informing so i stopped using internet.Then on 30th Dec,Rs 16 was automatically cut from my bal for once again activating this "free" whatsapp and facebook schme
    I do not want this scheme anymore.it is a scam
  • edited February 2013
    My college has an ID WB4210 which is giving an error every time I try to activate it. 51111 is saying to check code. But it is the same code that's given on your site. What's wrong?
  • edited August 2013
    From 10th of august I am trying to subscribe for the college plan. But getting a reply that my college id is incorrect. I confirmed my college id in reliance site thrice and the id which i gave is right. I complained in 198 7-8 times from 10th and everytime they said that i should wait and again try because i am getting this message due to some network issue and i should follow the same procedure again. I tried again and again but getting the same message in reply. Atlast i spoke to one of the senior executive and he gave me a new id and told that my id is wrong and in the site it is wrongly given so i should try his id which he gave me. I tried that id but again I received the same message so again i called 198 and spoke to the senior executive and he asked me to visit the nearest reliance mobile store and my problem will be solved. When i went their they said to go to the reliance world which is around 8 kms away from that reliance store. I went there. When i went their for customer care i had to stand in a long cue for around 45mins and when my turn came and i spoke to him about my problem he just said that he does'nt even know anything about the college plan so he could not help and i should write to the authorities by sending email which is given in the reliance site.
    Now i have also sent a message to them so now i should request you to take some action against the customer care of reliance.
    My phone no. Is 8820836766
    edited August 2013
    My phone no. Is 8820836766

• edited September 2013
    Have been using this plan since the last six months or so. Accessing Facebook always deducts balance from my account, 8388022972. I did complain several times to reliance customer care in 198, but the problem never solved. Just came through this post and found so many guys with the same problem. So, may I know if accessing Facebook in this plan actually free, or is it wrong information given in the Reliance website!!!
  • edited September 2013
    I have tried to activate My College Plan with the IDs given on Reliance site but i am getting a single error that "Please send correct college id". If the IDs given at the Reliance Site are wrong then please provide correct IDs. I am trying this from 25th August 2013 at address 57/6 b.t road kol-2. Please contact me with solution at 9830880351.
  • edited September 2013
    I have the same problem. have been using this pack for the last six months. everytime i use facebook it deducts balance from my account, 8388022972. i did complain to 198 several times, but the problem never solved.
  • edited September 2013
    My no. Is 8824391462. On my no. Mg college plan is not activated. I tried various time, but error show please try after some time. I msg SUB RJ4371 TO 51111, BUT not activated yet. Please activate this service on my nnumber.
  • edited September 2013
    i have sufficient balance in my account(9832512942), but the above mentioned plan is not activating at my number, every time there is a reply to me from reliance that " please try again after some time". plz solve my problem
  • edited September 2013
    I had college pack from August 2013. It worked fine till Sep,2013. Then on the 30th day, I got messages that it was re-activated and balance deducted. Then I got message that the money was refunded back. Now I am trying to activate the pack only with a response of 'Please try again after some time'. If this pack is for everyone, why I am being ostracized from the pack? Kindly solve this at the earliest before I loose trust in Reliance completely.

My mobile no: 8373931439
  • edited September 2013
    I m trying 500 times but same sms recived "dear customer pls try after some time".

and customer care executive told me 20 times "server is down, sorry for inconvenience"and they charge me 50 paise @3 min for this good news.

my number is 9555555303 / 9881993177
  • edited September 2013
    I am unable to activate reliance my college plan as when i send SUB RJ4574 to 51111 it returns with a sms stating Dear Customer, Please try after some time. I tried more than 10 times and every time same responce received. I tried to call customer care on 198 and *333 but every time user busy or phone automatically disconnected.. Please help..
    SHANKAR LAL
  • edited September 2013
    My no. is 9749029683 & i'm trying to activate my plan with my college id:WB4074 but its replying me with the msg please try after some time,please help me out
  • edited September 2013
    Activated the my college plan today, got confirmation SMS. Began browsing Facebook on mobile as well as using whatsapp for chatting, and bang! A huge 100 MB deducted from my 3g balance. Called the customer care, first they said only whatsapp works, and that I can only "SEE" messages on whatsapp and not post, as well as, I can only "browse" whatsapp on the browser and not using app. When I told him that whatsapp functions through an app and not through browser, he connected me to someone else who cut the call after listening to my issue.

Called again and after 8 mins in waiting (!!) the person who picked up, said due to some technical issue, I need to call again in 30 minutes.

Called after 30 minutes, and they say they have no information of any such pack being displayed at their end for my number. Now I am stuck.

Been a regular reliance user since months, and this is the first problem when I needed to call the customer care to get it solved, and see what I got.

My number: 9555852380
  • edited December 2013
    I am unable to activate reliance my college plan
    when i send Sub jk 0211 nd the reply from server is always plz try after some time
    My no is 9018869222
  • edited December 2013
    I activated MY COLLEGE PLAN on 22 dec 2013. But still i am being charged for whatsapp and facebook. I called customer care and this was the reply of SENIOR FLOOR MANAGER "Sir aapko na alag se internet plan dalwana padega warna balance katega aapka internet usage ka" what the hell, why am i then going for this pack if i have to get a separate plan for internet. I FEEL CHEATED by RCOM, please help me in this regard at 7827679225
  • edited February 2014
    i have activated my college plan. but free whatsapp uses is not provided to me. its not working
  • edited March 2014
    I subscribe reliance colege plan on 10th of march...balance have been deducted immediately nd i got a conformation mess dat it has been activated..bt when i use whatsup nd fb balance r dedictng from my main baln. I cal to rel. Customer care,several times.... In first cal dey said u have to use it in m.facebook.com website oly..... In secnd cal dey said ur connectively is npt proper change it to smartweb... In third cal, dey said u can oly use in relince world.... I have all d cal recordings....if my problem doesnot get solve by tomorrow i wil case against reliance for dere fraud plans. I also visit to my near by customer store dey said dey dont know anything abot dis plan.... My mbl no. Is 9707506474... Nd alternat no. 8253889783
  • edited May 2014

My number is 8287007140 and I activated "My college Plan" on May 07th, 2014. But whenever I tried to access Facebook or whatsapp, my balance has been deducted, I have complained 3 times in customer care but did not get satisfactory answer. Please resolve this matter or I will take this matter to court and post this to many online blogs and networking sites.

edited May 2014
    jas_1131 wrote: »

edited May 2014
    jas_1131 wrote: »

regards,

We tried reaching out to you on the number provided to us but we were unable to get in touch with you. If the issue still persists, do provide us with an alternate number so that we can successfully contact you.

• edited June 2014
    Sir i have once subscribe it and then i uosubscribe it.Now i try to resubscribe it the reply comes you have already subscribed to service. What is the problem.contact me at 9103012560.sir please help me.
    i have been using college plan for last 10 months, this month my account balance is charged with rs 16/- for college plan as usual but got refunded , and it happened again and this process continued for three days. And now i am being charged more when i am calling ma frens of same group. I called customer care to inquire, they replied that my college plan is nt active and asked to send sms again for subscribing it, i sent the sms in reply i got " you are already subsribed to the service". Today when i called customer care they have blocked me i am not able to contact them. What is happening. One of my friend from same group also has the same story. What is happening???. My number is 8388052570.
    edited September 2014

edited September 2014

As per your telephonic conversation with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that the aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolved to your satisfaction.

Cheers,