complaint against auto drivers

I am staying at Bhatwadi, Ghatkopar (west) from 1982. I am writing this mail on
behalf of all bhatwadi residents who are facing a problem from all auto riskhaw at
Ghatkopar west who always refuse to go desired location which is mostly Bhatwadi
location. We have to regularly fight with this auto divers to convence them to take
bhatwadi passengers.

All Auto Riksha Drivers on auto stand keep standing there only for long journey
passenger. They never ready to go bhatwadi at any point of time even there may a
emergency case of lady or senior citizen.

Although at night time there are lot people who setting at ghatkopar(w) to play
cards and misbehave with ladies at night time.

We all bhatwadi resident are now fedup with this problem. So I request you to take a
strong action against the same.

Acknowlege this complaint and let me the same we all bhatwadi residents can take
furhter action.

Pradip Thite.

Comments

• edited October 2009

I am Anant H. Shinde staying at Bhatwadi, Ghatkopar (west) from 1982. I am writing
    this mail on behalf of all bhatwadi residents who are facing a problem from all auto
    riskhaw at Ghatkopar west – Railway station - who always refuse to go desired
    location which is mostly Bhatwadi location. We have to regularly fight with this
    auto divers to convence them to take bhatwadi passengers.

All Auto Riksha Drivers on auto stand keep standing there only for long journey
    emergency case of lady or senior citizen.

Although at night time there are lot people who setting at ghatkopar(w) to play
    cards and misbehave with ladies at night time.

Also Local traffic police not taking any action against them even such incidence
    with Risk raw drivers.

strong action against the same.

furhter action.

Anant Shinde
  • edited November 2009
    I had gone to hospital at 1.30pm on 3-10-09 at Aundh and while coming back I asked two auto rikshaw drivers to take us to my destination which was merely a km away from the hospital,The atuo driver having no MH12FC 221 refused and told that it is very near and I will not go.
    The next auto rikshaw No.MH12RA 69 took high charges i.e. Rs.20/- for the same distance without making down his meter.He rudely tlod this is local charges if you want you may travel.
  • edited November 2009
    This auto driver has tempared meter and taken a long route for oil filing and had waited there for 5 to 10 minutes. when i asked for reduction in fare for the same he refused and went away without answering.
  • supriya_d29supriya_d29 Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Everyday i commute from Andheri station(E) to JB nagar. The situation at andheri station(E) is getting worse. After asking 15 - 20 rickshaw wala one of them agree to come to JB nagar. thousands of people are going through this everyday but there has been no action taken. The presence of traffic police also doesnt help as they just stand there. :{{...Its hell to travel from andheri station (east)
  • edited January 2010
    Location : Pune (Deccan area)
    Rickshaw no: MH 12 QA 4246

Arrogant rickshaw driver who refuses to produce a tariff card, has a faulty meter and charges exorbitant amounts for short distances
  • guestguest Member
    edited February 2010
    Hello, Sir/Madam

I'm writing this to let you know about the recent incident I happened to have with a
    Autorickshaw person...I had been to Hosmat Hospital because my colleague/friend met
    with an accident and while returning, myself and another friend was there, who stays
    nearly 3 Kms from my place called a auto opposite to Garuda mall auto stand and he
    asked double the meter charge and I refused it and later agreed with one and half
    because it was 10 PM and I thought it was mandatory, however, after dropping my
    friend and reached my place, I gave him 500rs and he gave 270rs...I seriously think
    that was unfair when he agreed for one and half and which is actually not legal
    according to our law as well. The meter came to 100 and he reset it to Zero (0), and
    it was not even 1Km to my place after resetting. The amount on meter when reached my
    place was 114rs.

I told him, I will report this to the police and he just ignored...and I was not in
    a situation for verbal fight because it was late for me and my neighbours will get
    disturb, so I just took a snap of his vehicle number (Ka 03 A7217) and I hope no one
    will get cheated like this.. Please do take this seriously because though the fuel
    rate has come down, the auto fare still stands at 14rs minimum and on top of that,
    most of the autos are having tampered meter.

I got few numbers (22253500, 22260554, 22207750) from the blog where I can register
    the complaints...I'm not the only one who had such a experience, so I request you
    too look into this issue. If you do a Google search, you will hit 1000's of issues
    like this.

Every person are not rich and all work for living...in today's world we cannot
    afford so much for just a auto fare, just hardly 12kms from Garuda Mall and that to
    near to the main road, he charged me double!

Sunil (9916816999)
  • edited May 2010
    Hi All
    Even i faced similar incident day before yesterday. I took an auto from Brigade road to old airport road. Normally the meter charges comes till 62rs for that route. It was 10 o clock so me and my friend agrred for one and half.
    By the time we reached Domulur it was already 64 rs. We told him that this is way more than expected and we will
    only give 100 max till our destination. The driver stopped there and started arguing saying that the meter is showing correct amount and we have to pay. Luckily, another autorickshaw driver, his friend, stopped there because he ran out of oil. We recognised him, he also started from the same point at same time. There were two passengers sitting in his auto. While another driver told his story to the driver friend we asked his passengers to tell the amount in their meter. It was 36rs which is almost double that of our amount. Now, we had proof alsobut the driver took it on his on ego and asked us to get down here and paying one and half of 36rs. Even we didn't want to continue the journey with that auto and we got down there paying correct amount. the autorichshaw number was KA05 9552.

Preeti
  • edited May 2010

My name is Vincent. I live at sakinaka (90 feet road). I had to take my mother in law to the hospital which is in Marol (Medicare). While coming back i asked 5 rickshaw wala's to take me to Sakinaka however they refused to do so. I just got inside 6th the rikshaw (as his Meter read "For Hire") and asked him to take me to the left so that i could get my mother in law in the rickshaw. However he refused instead he asked me where i wanted to go. I told him sakinaka and he said he would not go. He said to take the rickshaw from the other side of the road. I tld him that my mother is law cannot walk she was on a wheel chair (her right leg is amputed) but still he refused. I told him that i would file a complaint still (thinking that he would then go) no change in his behaviour.

I am writing to you so that some actions can be take against such people who do not understand their job and moreover who have no understanding of humanity.

The rickshaw number is MH 03 AA 2127.

I would want to know when and what actions were taken. My email add is vincent_vj@yahoo.com

vincent Dsouza.
  • edited June 2010

I am citizen of Pune.
    Today i took i asked rikshaw wala to take me to destination hardly 1KM.
    Initialy he told me 25 Rs and Reduce to 20 Rs.
    But after reaching destination i gave hi 50 Rs.And he return me just 10 Rs.
    when i asked him for rest he told me "Itna hi hota hai.". His Auto no is: MH12 AU 8413.

I think we must take some action against this rikshaw wala.

Preeti ,Pune
  • edited July 2010
    I travel regularly from Mehdipatnam To Shahalibanda (Hai Bowli).Usualy daily meter 56 or 57 lessthan 60 but today Auto Driver cheat with me till near Gandhi Bhawan showing as usual after Afzal Gunj increasing till i reach Hme 105.00 After shouting my brother paid him 100.00

Auto No:AP 09 TA 3871

Please take serious action, on such peoples this is 4th time i am facing this problem

If any quiey send message on (newnasrtoursenterprises@gmailcom)
  • edited July 2010
    Today (30th July,2010) I hired an auto from Bangalore City Railway station to Kavalbyrsandra and the auto driver charged me 250/-. His meter shows Minimum chage is 14/- but he calculated the rate as 20/-. I spent only 243/- to reach from my native (Thrissur ,Kerala) to Bangalore.

This is really a shock for me. Please do something against this drive as it should not be happened to anybody.

My mobile number is 9980160804

Nixon Chakko
  • edited August 2010
    Today, while reaching to office. I thought taking auto. I was very unhappy to find that as many as 6-7 autos refused to go according to meter.

Later paid them as they asked for...was really thinking to complaint these auto walas. Auto fares have been hiked but the problem still exists. Don't know if you (this website) seriously does something about complaint received or just a fluke like many if does then what. If you do nothing then there is no point of writing these complaint.

Someone who has better solution to this problem.

Auto Delhi .... H2424 (one of the autowala who refused to go by meter)
  • edited November 2010
    I travel regularly from yaswantpura To RT nagar .Usualy daily meter 35 to 45 lessthan 50 but today Auto Driver cheat with me till i reach Hme 105.00 After shouting my brother paid him 100.00

Auto No:AP 02 ka 9682

• edited February 2011

Myself is Nanda,I daily travel from oberoi Mall to Saki Vihar Road (near LnT).and as per tarrif card the aurorickshaw rent is about 75-80 with normal traffic we get in morning time slot (9:00 a.m. to 10 a.m.).

Today the auto rickshaw driver was very fast which was observed by me at hub goregaon.I warned the auto driver that his meter is very fast so he asked me to get down at highway only but then I asked him to continue as at highway I wo't be able to get any auto.

At my destination,his meter was showing 71 i.e.90Rs. so I have given 80 Rs so he started misbehaving with me and scold me and tried to threten me to give more 10 Rs..

My request you to please take the action against it.because otherwise it is very difficult for a lady to get in auto alone.

Please let me know about the action taken against it and seal his auto and cancel hi license.My mail Id is sagarnishant1@gmail.com

I am giving the details of his license number and autorickshaw number.

License number : Mumbai :234812

Richshaw number : MH02 SA C830
    Name of the driver : Navin

Please take serious action.
  • edited February 2011
    Sir/Madam,

Am from kerala. In kerala am staying at Brahmamangalm, Kottayam district. For getting bus to cochin we have to travel 2 kilometer by auto rikshaw from brahmamangalam. For travelling these two kilometers auto drivers charging Rs.25 from us. Nobody here to question them. we are compelling to pay that high charge. So i kindly request you to take immediate action against them.. Details of my place given below

Brahmamangalam
    Kottayam(D)
    Kerala-686614
  • edited March 2011
    On 15th of march 2011 at 9.15pm auto number mh03r3380 had taken an extra rs10 along with rs11 which was the actual charge. So the total money he had taken from us was rs21. It was just because there was some problem going on of c.n.g. Gas. If this was the matter he shouldn't have drived his auto that day.
    Hope you take a check at it.
  • edited May 2011

today when my mother came form bandra terminals to chembur the rikshawala charged more money & used abusive language . he charged Rs.30 more .he's auto no. is MH 02 SA 8667 ,& he's meter no is D89099 please take the severe action against him . he also said that no official can't do any thing of mine.
  • edited May 2011
    I am vikram staying in isro layout. The auto driver took extra money from normal charge when i told him that you are taking the xtra charge from me then he threatned and absued me.
    His auto no is KA02 D 1304 And DL no. 4015/89
  • edited May 2011

I would like to inform you that excess charge has been taken by auto driver of auto rikshaw ( Reg No: KL 07 BJ 8611). He has taken Rs 30 for travelling a distance of 1 km (i.e from lissie junction to pachalam junction SRM road). Please do take necessary action so that these kind of things wont happen in future.

Arun Gopalakrishnan
    Ph: 9446913077
  • chetan devchetan dev Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    hi
    this is chetan dev.
    yesterday on 24-8-2011 i came with my wife & sister from mumbai at shivaji nagar ,pune. a want to go to karnataka high shool near to C.D.S.S.i am waiting for auto rickshaw for 10-12 mins. mean while 4 to 5 auto drivers asked me where to go when i told them the address they refused me.at last one auto driver gets ready.but for that i waited there nearly 25 minutes.
  • LikeyashLikeyash Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    I hired a rickshaw from Puna hospital with my grand father who was ill, i traveled to Bibwewadi. The meter shown 7.00 reading, which was already more than i usually get for the same route and distance. Then that rickshaw driver rudely and using bad language asked me for 105rs fare which was supposed to be 68rs only. This disappointed me, I asked him to show the meter fare on his sheet, but he didn't show. He said he is needs to be payed more as he will need to get back long way on the main road. He started insisting loudly and using bad language for 100rs fare. I was not in a situation for verbal fight because my grandpa was already standing besides me (waiting for me as he is not able to walk properly because of his oldness and illness) and also my neighbours will get disturb, so I just took a snap of his vehicle number (MH 12 FA 2470) and I hope no one will get cheated like this...
    I wish this and such Auto rickshaw drivers should be punished,
    Auto no: MH 12 FA 2470
  • Anandi ShigwanAnandi Shigwan Junior Member
    edited October 2011

Yesterday i was travelling from Dange chowk to Kalewadi phata. I had gone to pick up my Mom and brother from dange chowk. We asked a rickshaw driver (MT Q 8090) to take us to kalewadi phata on meter, he denied the same. Stating that he will charge Rs 30 for not even a 1Km distance. It was raining heavily so than we asked him to take on seater basis which rickshaw wala's generally do at dange Chowk. They charge Rs 5 per seat. The rickshaw wala agreed for the same and asked us to sit in the rickshaw he waited for almost 8 to 10 mins at dange chowk for more seats. I my brother and mom we 3 of us were already sitting and there was no more place for the 4th person to sit. The rickshaw wala said that either adjust one more person or pay 30rs. We denied from paying 30rs he than told us to get down from the rickshaw very rudely.

When we asked for his license no he did not give the same hence have taken down the rickshaw number (MT Q 8090)

I would want to know when and what actions were taken. My email add is anandi.shigwan@yahoo.com
  • Nehak_inNehak_in Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    There is gang of auto drivers which has been formed just outside my society - Comfort zone , Balewadi, Pune.
    These auto drivers operate like goons and charge the society residents around the vicinity with rates which are not at all realistic and atleast 3 times the original rate. They do not use their meters and nor do they allow any other auto driver to use their meter.
    They form a team and since there is no other auto stand near by, they take full advantage of this fact.

Please take serious action against these auto drivers and they shld not be allowed to make their own auto std and charge as per their rates.

Eg: They charge a wooping 130 for just going to hinjewadi bridge which is just 4 km away.
  • edited October 2011
    I stay at nalasopara, having problem with rickshaw walas. they allways refuse to go to our area called Sonar Ali and go to drop other passenger at area called buran chawk even number of passengers are more for my area.
    now we are tired of fighting with them. They charge 7/- rs. per seat, we also pay full fare then y we go walking to our place. all people to my area complaining the same thing.
    yesterday also 1 rickshaw wala refuse to go my place & for giving complaint i note his rickshaw number & giving you d same with hope that u'll help us as early as possible....& his rickshaw number is MH0IBC8169. this is just 1 example....
    some rickshaw walas are nice they drop till our place....

help us..
  • edited October 2011
    today i was waiting for an auto in ulloor trivandrum kerala.every day travel from ulloor to law college junction.most of the days they ask more money,than meter reading,even 10 rs...today also ,it happened the same .he aksed 60rs.from ulloor to law college junction.n meter it comes 32 rs.i said,i willgive 35rs.bt he refused tocome,and said so many bad words......this is not the first time in trivandrum.drivers itself made the mnmum charge of rs.20in town.and he said no one can do anything..do action against him.no.KL.01AZ 8667.
    Respecter Sir/Madam

I am Arun from Bangalore Staying in Peenya Bangalore ,
    I have a complaint on a auto driver Aruvegowda ( auto no KA.04.C 7994 ).
    My Mother-in law and my sister-in law were asked the auto driver to travel then to Cox town Circle from MALLESHWARM 10Cross and he said ok after they star traveling from Malleshwarm to Cox Town the Auto meter started running from the before they reach till PALACE RAILWAY BRIDGE the meter was 25 but the km was oly 1.7 , my mother_in law asked to Aruvegowda the Auto Driver sir this meter is running fast y whats wrong in the meter , the driver replayed rashly by saying that its new meter it will b like that only if u want u can travel if not get down but the time was 8.00 pm then they got affride by auto driver then they traveled till cox-Town at the end the Total Amount was 78 Rs and km was 8.8 only but it should be only 68 or 69 along , this auto driver to the 78+10+88 Rs , due to this please take an action on the auto driver this type of oftens are to much but the lady's can not travel bye safe , please take some action to this kind of Auto Drivers . Thank u

Arun Kumar
    from Bangalore . Peenya
  • edited November 2011
    i travel from Rohini Sec-IX to Tagore Garden Metro Station covering a distance of 11.3KM and charges Rs.75. I asked atleast half a dozen TSR drivers on nearby TSR stand but most of them refused and some replied that their meter is not working while i noticed that he had a new Auto Rickshaw with new meter installed. They form a gang an operate in small groups and charge the passengers what ever they feel like which is approx. 2x the original rate.They do not use their meters and nor do they allow any other auto driver to use their meter and generally look for long distance passengers.

Please take serious action against these auto drivers and so that next time they should not be able deny to travel and to charge as per their rates.

Auto Rickshaw License Plate nos.- DL1R L 8227 (THE ONE WHO SAID METER NOT WORKING THOUGH HE HAD A NEW AUTO), DL 1R K 8461, DL 1R G 4574, DL 1R F 1580,DL 1R K 2699 WHILE THESE SIMPLE REFUSED.

Thanking You,

Ansh Gulati
  • edited November 2011
    An auto driver refused to come and demanded excess fare.
    i wanted to board auto from Tin Factory to Indiranagar 100ft road he demanded Rs. 120. the Auto number is KA-53-A-3547
  • edited December 2011
    Sir/Madam,

This incident happened on sunday (4th Dec. 2011), i hire a auto from Noida (Mayur Vihar Phase III) to Sector 52 at Noida. He Charged me 100 rs. and misbehave too. It was the time at night around 8:00 PM, so i got only this no. of auto.

Auto No. - D 279

Kindly, take some action against this auto driver.
  • shreyassamrakshshreyassamraksh Junior Member
    edited December 2011

I am from Bangalore , I use to take auto's from my residence to hebbal bus stand while boarding the auto I rented the auto for 20 rupees but in the middle of the road he carried one more person.When he boards one more person then the charge I have to give is 10 rupees, because it is sharing is the usuall process they follow.

When I questioned it, he liffted his hand to hit me. And started using abusive words against me, so I give 20 rupees and went away and he even threaten me like How you can go in this road next time.

Kindly consider and oblige.

Email : shreyassamraksh@yahoo.com