Complaint against Yatra.com

Pinky JenaPinky Jena Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Tour and Travels

I had booked round trip tickets from Chennai-Kolkata-Chennai (Flight Spicejet for both sectors). Date of departure: 3rd Nov 2011 and Date of return: 11 Nov 2011. My Yatra booking reference no. is 09091211389.

Issue:
1) I had used a Yatra promo discount of Rs. 600 while booking the tickets. My plans have changed, so I cannot travel on the above dates. Now I cannot cancel the tickets, because as per Yatra rules, the amount cannot be refunded if I have used discount promo. ---> I will lose all the money if I cancel. (approx 9k)

2) However, I am told that I can change my travel dates and rebook through Yatra. But the customer care executive says I have to book the flights from Spicejet only. This is difficult, as Spicejet doesnot have any flight around the time I want to fly.

Also Yatra would deduct the flight cancellation amount for both Spicejet and Yatra (Rs 2500 for both sectors), incase of rebooking the tickets. So, if the current tickets are getting cancelled, there is no compulsion from Spicejet to book through them only. Yatra can conveniently book my tickets in any other airline.

So why is Yatra forcing me either to let go of my tickets (9k loss), else if I rebook I am at loss of (9k+ 17k more = 26k for Spicejet tickets). ( You are anyways deducting the cancellation charges)

I have rebooked tickets earlier with other agents. I have not come across such a difficult scenario.
Please look into the same, and let me rebook the tickets.

Pinky

Comments

• contact.yatracontact.yatra Junior Member
    edited September 2012

Greetings of the day from yatra.com.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our team is looking into your concern and would respond to you at the earliest. Would request your patience in the interim.

• contact.yatracontact.yatra Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Dear Ms.Pinky,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.
    Our Customer Care Team would have contacted you. We hope they have been able to resolve your concerns. As per the terms and conditions of the promotion the booking is non refundable and as a gesture we have cancelled the booking and processed the refund of INR 5940 on 22nd September 2012.As this is a bank transfer transaction, the bank would take approx.7-8 working days to update this credit into your account.
    Should you require any further assistance, please call us on 1860 5000_ 500/ 955 5800 800 or alternatively write to support@yatra.com

• edited November 2012
    dear yatra team

I have booked my railway ticket in month of oct for 7th Nov 2012...
    unfortunately till last date my ticket was on waiting and i was unable to board the train
    I was been informed that in such case money is refunded back its more then 9 days my money is not yet refunded back to my a/c more over the biggest problem with you people is that there is no way to contact yatra customer care in railway as there is no option when you launch online complaint they never call back

my pnr no : 4864172570

my mobile no. is : 7838577567

I would request you please refund back my money asap ...

i had cancelled my ticket from yatra.com..online....my yatra reference no is 12051319562... my refund of rs 7064 has been due since i got the mail from yatra about cancellation confirmation.

they just saying that wait for few days..and i am waiting since 13 days...in my last cancellation yatra.com refundedthe amt after 40 days..after sitting in yatra centre and much discussion for 3 hrs..i dont want this time the same situation.

they are saying we had processed the refund and giving me some details but that details are not existing in my bank.i have checked many times.and same day i have cancelled my ticket from makemytrip...they returned me on 3rd day only...

yatra.com make this type of issues very frequently...

pls help me,,

hemangi panwar
  • Yatra CareYatra Care Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Greetings of the day from yatra.com.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. We have already processed the refund from our end on 15th May, 2013 on the above booking and has emailed you the refund transaction details as well. Your bank has to update this credit into your account, would request you to please contact your bank for the same. We assure you of our best services at all times.

• edited October 2013
    I have tried booking a ticket on 12th but due to some connectivity problem it was not booked but the money was charged to my account and for the same I have tried calling several times but I am not getting any reply from the company they are just fooling around pls provide a sollution
  • Yatra CareYatra Care Senior Member
    edited October 2013

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. We would request you to please share contact details to investigate further & assist you in this regard You can share the details on forums@yatra.com

• edited October 2013
    Hi yatra,

Its been an year I have been calling yatra.comFlight, Cheap Air Tickets , Hotels, Holiday, Trains Package Booking - Yatra.com[/url] you for processing of my refund for domestic bookings. I have not been provided any help what so ever. You guys provided me with wrong information regarding the refund which you had initiated with the bank since the bank has already denied the same. yatra.com Flight, Cheap Air Tickets , Hotels, Holiday, Trains Package Booking - Yatra.com[/url] has been delaying thsi refund and haraasing me unnecessarily. Bank has been charging me 1600 per month for this disputed amount.

Please respond else I will file an RTI against the same and will make sure my colleagues do not use yatra.com.

Siddharth
  • edited November 2013
    I booked hotel at Puri for 18/10/2013 to 20/10/2013 by paying Rs. 1432=00 through sbi netbanking on01/10/2013 and the same was confirmed vide reference number 0110134345. But due to natural calamity prevailing at Odissa during the said period I could not travel there. On 17/10/2013 I requested the company over phone to arrange refund but they advised me to contact the hotel. When I contacted the over telephone they informed that this is third party transacion and only Yatra.com has to make refund. I again contacted Yatra.com on the same day and was assured to be in touch with me and arrange refund. Till today I have not received any refund. The journey could not be made for reasons beyond my control hence I am supposed to get the refund. Kindly help me. Thsnks.
    Asok Kumar Ray
    Flat No 12, Jaiswal Colony
    Imlikothi
    Hazaribagh 825301
    Jharkhand
    94311-00904
  • edited December 2013

I had booked a Honeymoon package for the Andamans from Yatra. The departure was to be on 2nd Dec, 2013 and the return was on 6th Dec, 2013.
    The entire package cost us INR 63,000/- and the booking reference number is S514733.

During the entire process of booking the package and making the payment we had to keep calling up Yatra personnel to get updates and confirmations. Sometimes we had to send reminder mails and also call the helpdesk constantly. Finally when everything was settled and ready, we also had to call/ mail for the vouchers and only then were they provided.

Unfortunately for us, due to ill health the entire trip had to be postponed. Since the package had a considerable cost we tried to postpone the dates of travel - being ready to incur the loss of ticket cancellation and re-booking. However, we were informed that the entire package would have to be cancelled and a new booking would need to be made. This would entail us to face the loss of earlier spent 63,000 INR and shelling out much more than that 63,000 this time as it the airline ticket cost would be very high. When we wrote back about the cancellation to Yatra, we only received a one liner saying that the package is non – refundable.

The flight tickets were of Spicejet and the cancellation of tickets was done much more than 2 hours prior to the time of departure; as per their cancellation policy a sizeable amount is eligible for refund. Also, for other provisions such as cab bookings and hotel bookings, since the cancellation was done in advance, some amount might have been refund by hotels and other costs would not have been incurred at all.

In spite of sending across such details and intimating that the reason for cancellation was a genuine health issue, the proof of which we were ready to provide, we have not received any response from Yatra. This complete lack of regard for their customer’s difficulties and hard earned money is not only shocking but also makes me question the ethics of the organisation.

I request someone to please look into the issue and provide us with an acceptable solution.

Sandesh GH
  • edited January 2014
    Hi, This is regarding the mobile application snags of yatra.com the application is not up to the mark and misguides the customer while making the bookings. I have booked return journey ticket but only one way ticket has been booked. Now I tried and explained with all the proofs to yatra.com but their seniors are not ready to accept the mistake in their application & are adamant that I have to make a new booking & are neither ready to cancel my existing booking as per my request and asking me to pay penalties for cancellation its not that I am asking for my return ticket but at least cancel the existing booking. Please look in to the matter. Thanks & Regards, Senill
  • edited March 2014
    I have been charged 28000 for Go Air Flight tickets Costing 13000 Please reply so that I can share the proof for the same
  • edited March 2014
    I had booked flight tickets from Rajkot to Bangalore in December 2013 from yatra.com.
    However, my flight got rescheduled and the airline gave me a full refund.

Since I had booked tickets from yatra.com, I needed to contact them and inform them about the refund.
    They told me that the reference was not updated on their website and that they needed to contact the airline for further information.
    However, it took them 2 long months to do so and also endless fights from my side over the phone.

After 2 months, they finally sent me a mail on 3rd March stating that they had processed the refund amount and it will be credited back within 7 working days.

However, the refund amount has still not made it to any of my bank accounts. I contacted all the banks in which I have an account but none of them have received anything from yatra.com

The amount to be refunded is 28300rs which is not a small value and I also have a signed and stamped document from the airline stating that they have agreed to give us a full refund. But yatra.com is not even taking a look at the document and keeps giving me dumb unacceptable reasons for not processing the refund.

If the refund amount would had been negligible, I would not have taken so much tension. But 28000rs is not a small amount.

I have decided to wait for another week and then personally go to the Consumer Court office with all the proofs I received from the airline and put a strong case of fraud against yatra.com

Shilta.
    Hi Sir/Mam,

My name is Vivek Dahiya. I have Booked a package of andaman nikobar from yatra.com website. My Booking Reference No is YT12395931. They didn't give me facilities according to package Itterenity and their agents in andaman harash me by demanding moneg and telling they are not give me tickets which are included in my package.
    My Contact no is 9818545858.
    Hello sir,

This is Haniyeh Boobehrazm.I had booked my ticket from Delhi to Bangalore on 13th may because of a technical problem my ticket was canceled from YATRA.COM
    I got email from yatra that they refunded money to my account on 14th may 2014 and between 5 to 7 working days I ll get money in my account.My booking reference number is : 13051428135

They had told me I can check with my bank but I have gone to my branch 2 times and I got the statement from the bank that yatra did not transferred money to my account.I have forwarded the statement to support@yatra.com but they are sending me the same email every time which money has refunded.Today is 27th may 2014 I have not recieved my money.I am fed up with calling YATRA everyday.If you have refunded the amount,why am I not getting it?
    Hello sir,

tel no: 80 95027025
    email address:h.boobehrazm@gmail.com

• edited June 2014
    I had booked a flight from Delhi to Kullu on 17.01.2014 under yatra reference number 1701147128 and PNR number AI-9805. The Air India flight was scheduled to depart on 24.02.2014. I received a call from your Customer Care on 23.02.2014 and was told that the said flight is cancelled by the airline and the refund will be automatically processed within 30 days into your account. It has been over 100 days and the amount is still not credited into my account. Company is making false promises and asking me to wait for 15-20 more days. On inquiring from Air India, they told that they haven't received any queries from Yatra.com

Please resolve ASAP

Dheeraj Naryani
  • edited June 2014
    I have worked with yatra as b2b with corporate id ami group and sons and booked so many tickets from this id but due to some reason i stopped working and since 2008 i have been mailed and requesting so many times to yatra to refund back my depoisted amount in my id with yatra but since 2008 i have neither received my money back nor any response from anyone.kindly do the needful and return back my money at the earliest.
    ajay verma
    9418976900/9418023400
  • edited August 2014
    Dear sir/madam,

we booked a room in Hotel Caurvey Inn from yatra.com,

we are mailed in yatra.com-

"Hotel Details:-
    Reference No.- 010814100125
    Hotel confirmation number- YAT0001545710
    Hotel Cauvery Inn
    Address: Daba Gardens, Visakhapatnam
    Phone: 91-0891-2561555
    Room 1: Adults 4
    Total Amount pad: Rs. 2,602

The hotel owner (hotel Cauvery Inn) refused to provide the room as they didn't have a vacant room. So they shifted us to second hotel (Hotel Jaipur) where the hotel owner said they didn't have any AC room. After that again they shifted us to a third hotel (Iswar Residency). There the hotel owner said that they don't have a 4-bed room and each room can have only two people at max. So we were offered to stay in 2 rooms where we had to pay Rs. 400 per night per bed. So in total we had to pay Rs 1600 which was surplus to the amount we paid when we booked the room in Cauvery Inn through Yatra.com. The rooms that were provided was very poorly maintained and the harassment caused to us during this entire trip is extremely uncalled for.
    Kindly explain why such incident happened and please initiate the refund immediately. The refund amount 2602+1600=4202 Rs. An early reaction is solicited."

we will complain at 18-08-14, till now no responces from yatra.com. kindly do the needful and return back my money at the earliest.

• edited August 2014

Hotel Cauvery Inn
    Address: Daba Gardens, Visakhapatnam
    Phone: 91-0891-2561555
    Amount paid: Rs. 2,602

kindly do the needful and return back my money at the earliest.
    Dear Yatra,

I booked a flight to Tehran from Hyderabad with Emirates Airlines on 15-04-2014 for travelling on 23-04-2014. My return journey was planned on 21-05-2014. There are 3 travellers in this booking: 2 adults and an infant( D.O.B:24-06-2012).
    Yatra booking reference number is 1504141980.

Due to change in my stay in Tehran, I had to reschedule twice my trip to 22-06-2014 and again to 20-07-2014. for these changes in dates, you have charged 39728 INR on 21-05-2014 and 32590 INR on 21-06-2014.

On 21-05-2014, for rescheduling the tickets for travel on 22-06-2014 for 3 passengers, stating various charges and difference in fare etc 39728 INR was charged.

On 21-06-2014, rescheduling the tickets for travel on 20-07-2014 was done for 3 passengers. Applying date change and other charges for 2 adult passengers and a Child ticket and other charges for the infant who will become a child by the date of travel i.e 20-07-2014, an amount of 32590 INR was charged.

My travel was again rescheduled to 08-08-2014 and this time fortunately I didn't come to you for rescheduling the tickets. I contacted Emirates airlines, where all to my shocking surprise, I came to know that the there was no child ticket issued for my child and I had to pay again for it, which was 25463 INR ( only for child ticket).

There are 2 key issues in this:
    1. An Amount in total 72318 is charged just for changes in date of travel.
    2. Not issuing a child ticket even after charging for it. Which I paid again to Emirates later on.

I being a responsible customer, request you to refund the amount 72318 INR which you have charged in very excess. In this, total epic drama of having date changes twice, I had to pay 72318 INR which is almost 70% of the actual ticket bought.

Details of the payment is also attached.

This was a very painful experience. I was very loyal customer, who always believed Yatra.com for their services and support. I urge you to take necessary and speedy action to reimburse my money.