NO ACTIVATION Airtel Digital TV

Amita SinghAmita Singh Junior Member
edited September 2014 in Direct To Home (DTH)
Customer ID 3011001624. It was installed yesterday and I was told that it will be activated within few hours but NO ACTIVATION EVEN AFTER 24 hours. I have spoken to dealer 2 times and he said it is activated from his side and customer care say that it is pending on dealer end.

EXTREME HOPELESS SERVICE. TATA SKY which I am also using activates INSTANTLY immediately after installation. They need to be punished stringently for mental agony of customer. When I searched net, I could find that 100% customers of airtel are not happy with it due to one or other reason.

In highly advanced world, how one can digest that activation will take years where you dont have to break stone manually to activate it.

Comments

• Airtel_PresenceAirtel_Presence Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Namaste Ms. Singh,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 19 Sep 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Rakesh Kumar
    airtel Presence (airtel Customer Service Team)
    bharti airtel limited

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (Airtel_Presence) on Twitter
    Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook
    edited December 2012
    Namaste Ms. Singh,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 19 Sep 2012 has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Rakesh Ranga

• edited April 2013
    I paid for new airtel digital tv (HD) connection through their IVR which got installed after 3 days but they did not activate it. The installation guy said in 1/2 hr it will be activated which turned out to be false. After 1 hr, when contacted, the local dealer says 1 hr it will be activated (server busy it seems). After waiting for 4 hrs, tried to reach customer care 15 times who disconnect the line in middle of call. Customer care people I spoke to are Mr.Sadasiva & Mr.Arun. They are asking me to call again in the morning. They are not even ready to take a complaint since the service is not activated yet.
    If the activitaion itself is a complaint, how can customer service team is not ready to take such complains?

My customer ID is 3012254400.

Please resolve my DTH activation issue at the earliest and please improve your customer care if you want to retain your customers.

Srinivas
    Namaste Srinivas,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 01 April 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Namaste Srinivas,

Further to our discussion dated 01 April 2013, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

Deepak Mohod

Namaste Srinivas,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 01 Apr. 2013, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact airtel customer service at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Deepak Mohod

• edited June 2013
    Hi, We paid for a new airtel digital TV connection on 3-06-2013. We were told that the installation would be done within 24 hrs, but no one turned up untill evening of 6-06-2013 (even that after repeated calls to the customer care). After installation it was said that it would be activated within an hour but it did not even after 24 hrs. Several attempts to resolve the issue with the customer care proved futile (every time a different person picks up the call and informs it will be activated in 20 mins - the customer care people who answered - Asif, Shruthi and a few others). One of the calls took more than 40 mins - more than 100 rs of calls to the customer care with no avail. The connection is still not activated as of 10 pm, 8-06-2013. It is turning out to be a ridiculous decision to go for airtel - None of the customer service representatives are even willing to tell the procedure to activate nor even to disconnect and get a refund of the amount paid. Is there anyone at Airtel who can be held responsible to answer the customer.
    -Vikram
    edited June 2013
    Namaste Vikram,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 08 June 2013 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

edited June 2013
    Namaste Vikram,

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Sandeep Kumar

Linked- Airtel Presence (Bharti Airtel LTD) - India | LinkedIn
    I bought new Airtel DTH connection through credicatd on IVR system on 9th July and installation done on same day but activation is not done even after 9days.

I made several calls to customer care there is no proper response .

It is very frustrating and disappointing response .

Please act ASAP otherwise I have to lodge a complaint at consumer court.

tx id : 044566
    Customer id : 3012861391

My mobile no : 9963967333

Purna.
    Namaste Purna,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 18 July 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Namaste Purna,

Further to our discussion dated 18 July 2013, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

Airtel.presence@in.airtel.com

Namaste Purna,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 18 July 2013 has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact airtel customer service at airtel.presence@in.airtel.com.

• edited September 2013
    Since Airtel was not activated the connection even atter 10 days of payment , I approached Airtel dealer , they said the will be able to activate if I can pay the amount to them and I can ask for refund I paid through credit card . So after frustration I paid the amount to deal with cash and connection got activated .

So I paid two times 3,300 that is total 6600 , then I requested refund of 3,300 which I paid through credit card initially.

It's been more than a month I raised the concern still I didn't get my money,and am not exaggerating I made at least 100 calls to airtel representation and the do not have any update .

After that they requested for credit card statement and I sent that to airtel which shows amount is not credited to my credit card .

Now what they say is they credited the amount to my bank account and requesting for bank account statement , which is ridiculous since airtel doesn't even know my account number since I paid once with credit card and other time with cash .
    Bottom line is the credit to my bank account even though they don't know my bank account number , does it make sense to any one reading this ?

At the end I requested them to give the account number which they have credited , they are not able to tell that on phone since it is confidential and they don't whom they are speaking with .

And then I asked to send the proof that to which account the amount is credited through email .I haven't received that so far.
    I don't have words to express my frustration .

Is this the way airtel treats customer ?

From now onwards I'm planing to not suggest any of airtel products to my relatives or friends even though I was airtel lover till two months back.

Hope some body read this and take appropriate action .

Purna.
    +91 996196733
    Namaste Purna,

We will get this investigated and update you at the earliest.

We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.

airtel.presence@in.airtel.com
    Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

LinkedIn- Airtel Presence (Bharti Airtel LTD) - India | LinkedIn
    Namaste Purna,

This is with reference to your post dated 05 Sept. Further to our discussion dated 06 Sept, we are working on your concern. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

Sandeep Kumar

Namaste Purna,

This is with reference to your post dated 05 September. We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.
    Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us at airtel.presence@in.airtel.com

• edited March 2014
    I purchased Airtel DTH HD+ on 21st March 2014. It was installed the same day and the dealer told me that it will get activated in a few hours. It has been a day now and it has not been activated yet. The customer care number 1800 102 0303 seems to be not working and gets disconnected. I demand my connection be activated at the earliest. Poor service from such a big name in telecom sector, what a shame!

Customer ID: 3014221676

Gurvinder Sharma
    edited March 2014
    Dear Mr. Sharma,

This is with reference to your post dated 22 March 2014.

We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible.

LinkedIn- Airtel Presence (Bharti Airtel LTD) - India | LinkedIn
    edited March 2014
    Dear Mr. Sharma,

This is with reference to your post dated 22 March 2014. We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.

Hello Airtel DTH Team,
    Customer ID: 3015254821
    Mobile No: 8754425679
    mail id: urkrish4ever@gmail.com

I purchased Airtel SD DTH on 15/09/2014 with order No: 9079613 online and paid Rs.1580/- for South Ultra 45D pack activation. The set top box was installed 24Hrs later this morning at 11:30AM. And till now no channels are activated. I am tired calling customer care no 12148, 12150, 1800-102-0303. All your customer care executives are telling some 4 messages need to be sent and only then my services will be activated. So far i received only 3 messages. If you can go only by messages then why on earth are we providing our mail id? Why can't you send those voucher details in the mail? The whole chennai knows how pathetic Airtel 2G services are. When will my services be activated? I am so frustrated for chosing Airtel DTH services. Could have chosen some local cable STB for this. If you cannot provide instant activation for people who purchased online then why are you promoting to purchase online? And your customer care person even said it will delay if you purchase online. I suggest you can try postal system instead rather than your messaging services.

With Regrets,